Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: It's the Christian O'Connell show yesterday, the time Waste. We're talking about Bogan songs. And I found this website after a googled things Bogans like, and there's a very good website actually called things Boganlike and Things Bogans Like, and there's over three hundred various things like clashing with reporters, which is still my ra.
Speaker 1: Such funny observation, clashy with reports, Where.
Speaker 4: Would it Karen Affair be? Where would you today tonight be without these people?
Speaker 3: And I was looking at it again after the show. The other things that Bogans like, according to website Telethon's Commercial Radio, Thank you Bogans for your ears, finding God, the secret, misspelling their kids' names, arbitrary thievery. But the one thing I've realised some of my short six years living here in Australia's.
Speaker 1: Bogan is just too broad.
Speaker 3: There are sort of various versions of Bogans, aren't there, Like k Yeah, would you say that Kate and our producer is an upper class Bogan.
Speaker 4: It's sounding because we started to go around the team and saying who's bogan who's not.
Speaker 1: Like Pats is a sort of reluctant bogan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's fair, No reluctant anymore.
Speaker 5: I have been known to wear my moccasins to the school bus stop, so that is not got out of that.
Speaker 1: And you would clash with a reporter. And you've got that massive neck tattoo as well. They normally have that date of birth or some scripture.
Speaker 3: I've seen a lot of bogun nectar tattoos, which I always find really odd. So, Caitlin, would you describe yourself as a bogan because you've got backyard TV. I'm like a.
Speaker 2: Goldie Bogan because I'm from the Goldie so like Queensland Bergen, so.
Speaker 1: I think like that I see a Goldie Bogan. So Goldie Bogan is all about.
Speaker 4: The location location.
Speaker 2: It's like words we use, like I use the word to explain a lot of great things and a lot of bad things.
Speaker 3: I've noticed that yet, and often you use it like a verb as well. Correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I always say, oh, you joke it all the time, like doesn't even make sense. And also I'd say Goldie Bogan because I will wear no shoes walking through like a shopping mall.
Speaker 4: I find Queenslanders think that it's more acceptable than we do down here because it the weather.
Speaker 3: Well, if you go to in a supermarket the air conditioning, it's not that's the coolest place.
Speaker 4: Surely a pair of thongs is the bare minimum.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, all right, So this morning we want to try and categorize all the various types of bogan.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Chris and I would say Warwick Kappa is AFL Bogan. If you're talking about the various different sort of categories of bogan, there is one a special one called AFL Bogan. Warreck Kapper is the captain of that all Australian Bogan team.
Speaker 4: I would call him Gold Coast Bogan as well. He ran for mayor of the Gold Coast or was he the mayor for a little bit?
Speaker 3: How many ex AFL players like Cooter at the moment I have a run.
Speaker 1: For office Christian.
Speaker 3: There are also a separate category for educated Bogans. Don't forget the classic Southern cross tattoo and giant oversized tope mags as well. For Bogans Christian tailjack magpies don't regurg to take their food. These update your records, mates. They feed food to their chicks whole. I film this magpie next to my house and you can see the dad feeding the his son or daughter an entire baby snake.
Speaker 4: You need a snake, you need a carrot?
Speaker 1: That's yes, perhatsy. How was your day yesterday?
Speaker 5: I had a bit of a meltdown in the supermarket. It was a bit like Michael Douglas falling down yesterday for me. So it was witch o'clock. I was tired.
Speaker 1: It was like, yeah, the worst time a day, that three o'clock.
Speaker 5: I just come from the dentist and the I'm gonna have to get a second job. But so i'd come from that.
Speaker 1: His voice up was actually I speaking engineers, so must have cut through there on the corners.
Speaker 5: And yeah, so it was one of those days and I really just wanted to go home and sleep, to be honest. And I had to on the way home grab a few things at the supermarket. But when I got there, all the little handbas I just needed a hand basket, just needed a few things, but all the baskets were gone everyone was using them, so I had to get a small trolley. Only like every time I didn't have a gold coin. I didn't have a one or two dollar coin, and I left my actually had the other keys, so I didn't have my trolley token.
Speaker 1: So you have to use the dollar coin to get your troneys out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well.
Speaker 4: They trust you guys.
Speaker 1: We're not chucking them in the canal.
Speaker 5: Can you turn them into barbecues out our way?
Speaker 3: Anyway?
Speaker 5: So, as I was walking in, the man with the trolley train, so he'd been out in the car park and got all the trolleys, you know, and they've got like the big trolley train.
Speaker 3: And you're right, it is the trolley train. I once had that for a job for you. People judge you if you're doing that. They look at you like you're not quite right. They sort of go, oh, bless.
Speaker 1: You store near a till of humans.
Speaker 3: Literally would chat to him and was like pat me on the head, you know, like I was something was wrong with me, but I was.
Speaker 1: He's trying to make a go of it. Look at him with that children.
Speaker 3: Control of that trolley train is so he doesn't get car is like look out for this.
Speaker 1: What it was more.
Speaker 5: Anyway, So I said, excuse me, I said, can can I just grab one of your trolleys. I just like, alwise, I don't have a coin to get a trolley. There's no baskets, and I don't carry cash.
Speaker 1: Vi ips don't carry cash.
Speaker 5: I just I just had my cart. Anyway. He said, I'm sorry, I can't do that, and I said, why not. You've got the key. Can't you just give me one. He said no, I'm not allowed to.
Speaker 4: And I said, is serious?
Speaker 5: And he goes yeah, And I thought, so I went to the lady at the front deskt fired, no, I need a trolley. I needed to get stuff for dinner anyway.
Speaker 1: Else how much effort this?
Speaker 5: No, I had to get, star had to get. We're out of Dundy paper for a start. Anyway, So I said to the gentleman, it was a gentleman, actually.
Speaker 3: Where you said, it's like Michael Douglas falling down.
Speaker 1: Have you seen that movie? He doesn't need it, Dune. That's not what he's angry.
Speaker 4: No, I know, but it was a day like that. Anyway.
Speaker 5: I said, look, I'm terribly sorry, I don't have you Can you just get me a trolley. I don't need to keep the token because they guard those like they're the Holy grail like those plastics. I said, can you are you able to please just you know, can I trouble? And he said no, I can't do that. And I said why not? And he said, well you need a dollar or two dollar?
Speaker 1: Have you got a dollar?
Speaker 5: And I said no, if I had a dollar or a two dollar coint, I'm be able to go and get a trolley. And he said, well, you'll need a token and I said, well obviously, but I cannot. Can you just like get me one? Anyway, he was just putting up, you know, roadblocks. I thought, I'm sorry, but can I see your manager?
Speaker 1: Wow? Okay, yeah, this is escalated thrice. I was, by the way, another.
Speaker 3: Type of Bogan complaining Jogan, I know my rights Bogan.
Speaker 1: Clashing with middle management Bogan. All right, so do you find the manager?
Speaker 5: Now I'm the manager.
Speaker 3: It's just the same person, put on various outfits of uniforms.
Speaker 5: And she was fabulous, but she took about fifteen minutes to get there, which I reckon was intentional.
Speaker 1: Wait, there's one of the mumlies around here. What is he the manager? Anyway?
Speaker 5: She was fantastic. I said, look, I'm really sorry, I just need I just need a trolley. Otherwise, I'm going to have to go to another supermarket where I know business, where I know they have no trouble, just releasing one of the trolleys.
Speaker 1: Release take your new role, trade somewhere else.
Speaker 5: Oh, it was falling down on his I was about to huff out.
Speaker 1: So did she give you the freaking.
Speaker 5: She was fantastic. No, she didn't give me the token bit. She got me a trolley and that's all I needed. I didn't need the token, just needed the trolley.
Speaker 1: We all went through that together. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast