Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast II. The Strangest Dream last night. I swear to god this was the dream, the only dreamer I remember. I was wearing crocs and my feet were talking to me, thanking me for wearing crocs. And you know, I've stood strong as a no crop person. I don't know what I should do?
Speaker 2: Do I now that could be clearer? Are you any message dream?
Speaker 1: Whether to say anything on the show? So I thought Jack's going to love this. Even after the show yesterday, we were talking about flipping crocs because I think Sue the Boss came in, didn't She started talking about CROs.
Speaker 2: She's got crocs. She's in a difficult stage with every croc. I know where it at. First you say I'm only going to wear them around the house, and then you want to wear them outside. I said, you eventually wear them outside, so I may as well rip the bandad off and get out there.
Speaker 3: And now suddenly it's seeping into my dreams. My feet were so happy they were like singing to me. And the dream ended. I was like, what does this mean? Does this mean I now need to go and try crocs?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Feet, yes, but there's a time and place, I'll allow you to have crocs, but not.
Speaker 1: The Debrett's Guide to Etiquet, don't they It's been around for like two hundred years. So what do you think of the rules for kroc wearing?
Speaker 2: Not outside the house?
Speaker 3: The trouble is, I think here's what Jack's right.
Speaker 1: What happens is once you get used to that inside comfort, I mean inside the house, why wouldn't you want to be that comfortable twenty four to seven.
Speaker 2: It will happen gradually. First take the bins out and now you're a little bit away from the front door. Then you'll go I'll just go knock on my neighbor's door for a cup of sugar.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then all of a sudden you are at on the street. I just go into a chemist.
Speaker 1: That rash has come back up.
Speaker 2: But where does it end? Then you'll be wearing trucky decks everywhere you go.
Speaker 1: That would never happen to me. Well, your best and format an English gentlemen in Australia, but I am an Englishman in New York.
Speaker 2: You said you wouldn't wear crocs too. It's like it's like a gateway drum.
Speaker 1: Now, Australia, what's happening to me.
Speaker 2: Bring them in here, because what is the studio but a second home. It's a croc for our souls.
Speaker 1: Anyway, what I meant to do was get into this Christian O'Connell's ten thousand dollars beer run in weird all right. So next Thursday on the show, eight of you taking each other on, racing down Chapel Street and of course Chapel Street precinct, Chapel Street, where do I begin? Just cover things culture, fashion, late nights. It's iconic, it's a vibe. Let's go. Ten thousand dollars in cash up for grabs to the winner. So we're looking for eight of you. We've recruited quite a few already. Meet the contestants so far. Hi, it's a humous with Zimon if here.
Speaker 2: I can't go easy one b a twoba three beer, even a kick couch, no bomb at all.
Speaker 3: On Champagne Grandma here, I'm gonna swoop in and steal the winds to celebrate.
Speaker 2: I'll have a lovely glass of champagne Country John Aya. There's a warning for you young people in this race. When the big fella gets on the pavement, you'll be chasing me.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: Now a high and nat here and I've never ever still to drop even while thirty two thousand feet.
Speaker 1: In the air, and I'm going to smash this ray.
Speaker 4: Screw you Jimmy here, I don't care about the tag k I'm just here to win, to prove a point.
Speaker 2: As for my pride, Screw you, Jimmy, I can.
Speaker 1: Win, reliable, Chrissy, Oh, my mates depend on me not to steal.
Speaker 2: A single drop.
Speaker 4: And Christian, you can count on me to take out the win next Thursday.
Speaker 1: A lot of big talk, but come next Thursday, it's time for the big race. Harry aka screw you Jimmy. Had he been drinking when it felt like that guy the part where you go down. He's friendly, but he's aggressive. He's friendly aggressive. Ah, he's over me, Christian. Now, I have an email here before we go any further. It comes from Steve. Steve is someone like Jackpost. Jack Post, like said, hear what's going on, and sometimes that mega brain of his goes It looks for gaps, it looks for regularity. So actually we don't need to worry about stuff like that. Sometimes there's a yin and yang with Jack and I and it doesn't quite dove tell together the words of Steve feel like you used to. Okay, Christian, I can't sit this one out. Regarding the ten k beer race, I've been having a debate with myself about how are you going to pick the winner? Now? A fast time is obviously critical, but surely equally important, nay even more important, is the amount of beer spilled. For example, the first person across the finish line will not necessarily be declared the winner immediately if they have significant beer loss. They could be sacrificeing accuracy over speed or and this hasn't been made clear yet, maybe you will next week. Is it more important to take a longer, more powerful approach to minimalized spinach. Perhaps there's a formula that you've already calculated but haven't spoken out loud. You can take a guess which it is.
Speaker 2: Perhaps still working on the calculation.
Speaker 1: Working of the twenty six season rarely on that formula. Perhaps there is a formula that will determine the victor, something along lines of minutes taken multiplied by minimeters remaining slash lost.
Speaker 2: Well, that will be an exciting end to the races.
Speaker 1: We now information into the complications Christian, are you able to clarify this for me?
Speaker 2: So he's absolutely shack.
Speaker 1: What do you think, because this is the stuff that occupies your brain.
Speaker 2: We have the way we're pitching at the moment, there's two variables, speed and spillage. You're saying, whoever goes the fastest but spills the least amount of beer? And now we don't know which one is more important than that.
Speaker 1: How do we measure both to get a joint voltron?
Speaker 2: I think what we have to do is choose an amount of beer that you have to have in the glass at the end of the race, so say it's three quarters a minimum. We put a line around every glass. If you're under that, disqualified. If you're over that, you're thrown. And where are you measuring that line?
Speaker 1: From the bottom bit of the line or the top Because there's a meniscus with liquid. There is only thing I remember from chemistry or physics.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: The fact that I don't even know real physics, Steve, you're looking for that formula. This is how you're dealing with the mad scientists.
Speaker 2: I think we would the miniscus if I'm right. So what the liquid that's touching the side of the glass might not be as.
Speaker 1: High, and there is killing real here he holds not one but two degrees. Well, here's a couple of thickies fumble around logic.
Speaker 2: No, I think you're right. What do you think here?
Speaker 1: I think it has to be the lower points, the highest, the.
Speaker 2: Higher point of the water, the tip of the miniscus. There has to be some part of that above the line, above the wae.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we got that right. So say three are pretty much neck and neck. They all more or less come back to across the finish line together, we go to a powerful song we always do. And then and then what are we doing? We're measuring.
Speaker 2: I don't know why we've got three person's photo finish.
Speaker 1: They're all putting their chest And then you got a old fellow.
Speaker 2: No, we have a clear winner in the race.
Speaker 1: Hang on, let's just confuse us right now. I'll tell you now, Caitlin producing, Caitlin, what do you think?
Speaker 2: How do you see this going?
Speaker 4: So we will have a line and it's a disqualification line, it's the miniscus line.
Speaker 1: Yes, So if you can collect into production guys over the weekend, I want to hear that the maniscous line will would decide whilst everyone else is boring you about alphabets, I want to double down on chemistry. Okay, maniscus line.
Speaker 4: If you go below the miniscus line and you cross the.
Speaker 1: Line first when you say that this miniscus line nine line, because that's what the production will do.
Speaker 4: If you go past the miniscus line line line, then that means that you are disqualified regardless, disqualified, shame, you're out if you cross the line and you're above the mini.
Speaker 1: If you lose the one hundred meters like final at the Olympics, you're not disqualified to just squalify you loser.
Speaker 2: She's right if you lose too much liquid, because we have to the idea is it's a beer, right, absolutely, you got to get the beer there pretty much for so if you're going below the miniscous line line line, you have to be to scoorded ineligible right correct.
Speaker 4: If you cross the line and you still have beer.
Speaker 3: Are you shouting.
Speaker 2: Simple serious race.
Speaker 1: Yelling at everyone is aggressive in the morning.
Speaker 4: Okay, if you go across the line and your beer is above the miniscus line line line, regardless of how much to the top or how much to the miniscous line line line. It is you win?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, the winner is a person who crosses the finish line.
Speaker 1: Forniscous winner? Is that right? Real? With two degrees?
Speaker 2: That is correct? It's very simple. And how we going to measure?
Speaker 1: Do we need a special micro.
Speaker 2: We don't need a measure, We just need to have a look. Do we need your pass you?
Speaker 1: That's a great point.
Speaker 2: Do we need to then to can't the miniscus line? The line will be on the cup, so we don't need all right, guys, you have to stay.
Speaker 1: You're not allowed. I'm finding it very triggering.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be here, here, here, here, we'll tell you who wins and then.
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 2: You're simply the person who opens the envelope.
Speaker 1: Steve, thank you very much for going to clarify. Now we now know what this is all about. The moniscous line line line line
Speaker 2: Christian Connell's Show podcast