Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: Where on, Hi ladies.
Speaker 3: Hello everybody, Happy Monday.
Speaker 4: Hello everyone's weekend.
Speaker 5: Well, happy Monday to everyone except for my backside. I fell down a flight of stairs, I felt. We moved into our new house and it has a flight of stairs. I've never lived in a house that has stairs before.
Speaker 1: She doesn't know how to operate them, and I walk up them and down them night too.
Speaker 5: I was carrying Lola, my little girls, she's two years old, and I slipped from the third step at the top and I went straight down. And because I was holding onto her and I wrapped myself around her because I'm a hero, I landed straight on my arse on the on the corner of the wooden steps and just went bang.
Speaker 2: Bay b is that why you're sitting like you're a scholar, Like you're sitting on your right side with your red crossed the world?
Speaker 5: I can't sit on my right bum cheek because it's so bruised.
Speaker 1: I'm not a lot of cushioning on you like you're pretty bony.
Speaker 5: It's blue brid It's really really bad. I hope that's what it was, actually, guys. This Wow, Yeah, Matti J didn't have that much of a fun weekend. Well, we're glad you're a right, it's a Lola Deby. Alright, she's fine, Yeah, she's fine. Do you know who else kicks some masks over the weekend?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, tell us our very own Matilda's. How amazing is that they're through to the semi finals in the World Cup. They're playing England the Lionesses on Wednesday night, seven pm.
Speaker 3: It's going to be incredible.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The craziest thing is though, their statistics right now for viewership, how well they're doing.
Speaker 3: The crowds they're pointing out of control.
Speaker 1: Yet you know what's not one hundred percent their pay. I'm going to run you through some of the wild stats after the.
Speaker 2: Brain got some salaries, do you no, I don't have. I have some numbers to all right, we'll crunch them. Coming up here here the pickup. Welcome to Monday. It's all thanks to Chemists ware House head in today, great savings every day. It's the Pickup Monday afternoon. Britt, Laura and Mitch. Here thanks to Chemist Warehouse. Try the new Fragrance DC ten Sport one hundred meals by Dan Carter. It's new and exclusive to Chemists Warehouse for just forty nine to ninety nine.
Speaker 1: How good was the Matilda's win on the weekend against France in the World Cup. It has got to be one of the most euxhilarating moments that I've seen in live sport in Australia ever.
Speaker 5: You seem like all of the social media are just like everyone in the paths or like people on planes watching it. It truly just took over the entire world and the kids are country so good.
Speaker 3: It's so great. If you missed it, they won.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you missed it, but have a little listen to this court Divine at her first World Cup can write the Matilda's into history.
Speaker 2: To the party, seems and everyone at austral.
Speaker 1: I have teasy in my eyes now feeling that excitement of because it was the longest.
Speaker 3: It was ten rounds, this penalty shootout.
Speaker 1: It is the longest shootout in men's or women's football sporting history ever. It was just going one for one for one for one and it makes me first filled with so much excitement and I'm so stoked for them. The one thing that is really crazy is that these crowds are bigger than any other crowd they're bigger than men's crowds, the people that are tuning into TV, not just live and turning up. Since Kathy Freeman won at the Olympics, we have not had more people tune in to watch anything on TV. Now that that is truly crazy. But the crazy thing is the pay disparity. These women, I want to say, outperforming the men in terms of who they're pulling in and the audiences, but they are not being paid anywhere near what.
Speaker 4: The men are.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's so much of this.
Speaker 5: The thing that I think is so amazing is seeing with this last game, how many men and women equally were supporting the team, how many people were watching. And I think the debate has been for so long that, oh, but not many people watch women's sports, so we can't pay them the same. Well, this just goes to show that that benchmark is well and truly shift now totally.
Speaker 2: But you also can't watch what you don't know. If they don't promote it, if they don't air it, or they air it at eleven o'clock or on a secondary channel, no one's going to know that it's out there.
Speaker 5: But it's not just about like knowing that it's existing or knowing that it's got a platform.
Speaker 3: It's the investment that goes into it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: People say, oh, we can't invest in it because no one's watching it, and it's like, well, if you're not investing in the sport, no one is going to watch it. And it's kind of that chicken before the egg scenario. Well, listen to this former Matilda Michelle Hayman.
Speaker 1: She's retired now, but she's sort of dished the dirt on the pay that she received.
Speaker 2: Twenty fifteen World Cup. You got into the quarterfinals after knocking out Brazil. Much you take home as a result of that tournament, you really want to know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the big, the big seven hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: Seriously, Yeah, there wasn't anything good back then.
Speaker 5: And it's nice to see, you know, there's a little bit of change in the last eight years.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's what we all brought home each was the big seven hundred and fifty.
Speaker 2: You'd get more for selling a desk on Facebook marketplace, I.
Speaker 3: Mean you would, I would.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's because you double the price and everything. But that is truly astonishing. That was only eight years ago. Obviously we've come a long way, and there are in FIFA in the football, there are certain countries that are starting to pay their women athletes in soccer the same as the men.
Speaker 3: So I know America is.
Speaker 1: Starting to do that, England is starting to do that. Australia still is not.
Speaker 3: But listen to this.
Speaker 1: Seven point two million people tuned in on seven to watch the Matilda's play seven point two million people.
Speaker 3: It's it's absolutely wild.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure now, and I probably don't know enough about football politics, but I'm not sure what is stopping equal pay. Now that we can prove that this many people are interested, that the many people care, and that this many people are watching, what, I would love to know their reason.
Speaker 5: I mean, I also know that obviously the Matildas would have signed contracts there would have been prior to them playing. They would have signed on for how much money they're going to make. I don't think anyone could have expected just how enormous it has been, how many views, how their merch has sold out, Like, yeah, there's been so much love for this team. But I think now this set's an entirely different precedent going into the future. There's no way that any type of stocker organization that fie for the next FEF for World Cup could turn around and say, oh, we're not going to pay the same because they're bringing in the numbers. They're bringing in the more numbers than men than men, so that the argument doesn't exist anymore. So we did a little bit of digging and currently the women are being paid forty five thousand dollars to play, to play the games, but if they've made it through and they win on home soil, they get paid in additional four hundred and two thousand dollars each. Now this pales in comparison to what the men are still paid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the men because the guitar the World Cup was in guitar last year. For the men, the men paid two hundred and sixty thousand dollars just for getting into the finals.
Speaker 5: Which is more than four times but almost five times what the women have been just turning just for being there.
Speaker 2: For if they get to if they win, they win the whole thing all up at it'll be forty two million.
Speaker 3: Dollars total, not per person, don't know of.
Speaker 2: Course, for the team. Yeah, for the team, which breaks down to be millions each of millions each.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you know.
Speaker 1: The other crazy thing is the women will probably be earning more and will one hundred percent after this. They're going to be laughing all the way to the bank with sponsorships and ambassadors ships, and I love that their sponsorships, I have no doubt, will be more than what they earned for the World Cup, which is crazy.
Speaker 2: It's nuts good on the tillies. I can't wait for Wednesday. I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: Okay, they're playing England. The Lioness is.
Speaker 1: I think this game is going to be incredible. I'm desperately trying to scour tickets. If anyone has one, I want to go. We're so excited. Australia is definitely rooting for you. We're rooting for you and we can't wait all right.
Speaker 2: Next on the pickup, a grave warning why you shouldn't give your children their father's.
Speaker 3: Name because they might not stick around.
Speaker 2: Well, come, welse do you stick around to find out? Next on the pickup, Hey, welcome to Monday. A Britt, Laura and Mitch here, high ladies, Hello Mitch Jury. It's the pickup. Thanks to chemists warehouse heading today, great savings every day.
Speaker 5: I have a question for you, guys, hit us. Both of your parents are happily married.
Speaker 2: Right, they are sickeningly so it.
Speaker 3: Sounds more like a statement to me.
Speaker 5: Well, no, I was question, and everyone in your household has the same last name.
Speaker 1: My parents have been happily married now god forty six years, I think, which is incredible. And they're still in love and they both go by Hockley.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so to my parents both juries married over thirty years and sickeningly in love. They still passionately kiss. It's a lot.
Speaker 5: I know the mine wrote love letters to each other and hold dad time. Yeah so weird, Okay, I cannot relate to this. I mean my parents got divorced when I was three years old. My mum got divorced a second time to my stepdad. So like we had in our household growing up, a lot of different names. I have the same name as my sister, which is my dad's last name. My little brother has my stepdad's last name, and then my mom kind of kept my stepdad's last name just because she didn't want so many last names.
Speaker 3: In the house too hard, confusing. All in here in this old house, how are you now?
Speaker 5: There's a barristart who's come out of the UK, and she has a suggestion for women, we should stop giving our kids the name of their fathers, the automatic surname of the father's She goes on to say, you carried a baby for nine months, you gave birth to that baby, and you will be responsible for that child for the rest of your life. When you're registering the baby, ask yourself this, Why is the father's surname more important than yours?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: This is big, yeah, But then when you think about it a level deeper, your surname is only a product of your dad, who's another man. So like you're saying, I won't give my child the surname of its dad, but I'll give it the surname of my dad.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's right.
Speaker 3: That patriarchy.
Speaker 2: Patriarch on the world.
Speaker 3: It's true.
Speaker 1: But it's a societal expectation that I think no one really thinks about. We just go through life and we're like, oh, this is what we do. We get married, we take their name. We have a child, we give them their name. We don't really overthink it.
Speaker 5: I mean, the reason why I found this so interesting is because, I mean, I got married in November last year and I didn't take my husband's name. I've stayed Laura Byrne and Matt's last name is Matthew Johnson.
Speaker 3: Then why was that Laura?
Speaker 5: I didn't take Johnson because I feel like a burne. I mean, I'm thirty seven years old. I've been Laura Byrne my entire life. I feel quite attached to the name, and I don't know Laura Johnson. Just never really felt like that should be my name. I didn't really identify with the name. But in saying that, Matt never forced me. He was very much like, whatever you want. I want to marry because I want to spend my life with you. We don't need to have the same name for that to be the case. And I think as well, because I grew up in a household that had multiple names in the one house. It didn't like to me, you don't need to have the one name for it to be a family. But in saying that, when I had my daughters, we weren't married and I chose to name them Johnson, so my girls don't have my last name.
Speaker 1: I get that you say you don't identify with his last name, which totally get like if all your life you've been something else, But how do you feel now that there are kids involved and three people in the family have one surname and you have yours? Does that make you any more pool to want to change your name so that you feel like you're all one?
Speaker 3: This for me isn't a problem.
Speaker 5: I'm in a really happy and healthy relationship and I love my family dynamic, and you know, the name.
Speaker 3: Situation works for us.
Speaker 5: If we were to ever separate, though, and we weren't together and my children had Matt's name and not my name, I think that's when I would feel this level of regret that I hadn't I hadn't cared about it more at the time, and then it's weird that you divorce and then you change your name.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm going to be a.
Speaker 5: Kind of I think a lot of women experience this where you know, you go into it with the best of intentions, you think you're going to be with someone for the rest of your life, and then you break up.
Speaker 3: And what do you do?
Speaker 5: Do you go back to your maiden name if that means your children don't have your name? I think that as much, which is I'm kind of a bit Switzerland on this whole situation. I do think that there's some merit to this. Why is it always the default dad's name that gets priority.
Speaker 2: We just wait, you get into a gay relationship like me, then it's so confusing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well I'm like, well I've got the patriarchy. It's like, well we both have it. Well, nice when you.
Speaker 1: Can do the old double barrel. But it doesn't work for you, Laura, because you've burned the Johnson.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The whole reason why I didn't double battle my name in half Venegas because it would have been burned Johnson.
Speaker 3: And then you need to about that. Yeah, Johnson, you got it.
Speaker 2: That's okay. Next on the show, I of the Weekend, when my first fourteen k run I did the City to.
Speaker 3: Serve you did go walks, A hot girl runs.
Speaker 2: Now And someone was meant to be waiting there at the finish line, my good close friend Brittany Hockley. Yet when I arrived, she was nowhere to be seen.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you I have a damn good reason why I was not at that finish line waiting for you.
Speaker 2: All right, I can't wait to hear it. Next, on the Pickup, it is the Pickup Monday, AVO britt Laura and Mitchell. Thanks Chemists Warehouse. Try the new Fragrance DC ten Sport one hundred mil by Dan Carter, new and exclusive to Chemists Warehouse. So just forty nine ninety nine ladies. Can you see what's around my neck?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: You and your beautiful medal. I love that. Just bring your metal to work day. But you're the only one that house one.
Speaker 2: Weighing my neck down because I completed the city to surf over the weekend fourteen k's and I, as you know, I'm in my fit Girl era. I'm doing my daily hot girl walks. I'm down twenty kilos post breakup. I feel good. My first ever run, guys, I did it.
Speaker 5: And when we say Mitch is wearing a medal because he did the run, it's a participation award. He didn't win the fun Run experience does get the medal though, right, but yes.
Speaker 3: They did it. Yeah, okay, I'm.
Speaker 2: Just checking participation awards, all right, Joe Rogan.
Speaker 1: Everyone's went on and just so people can imagine there hundreds of thousands of people do it.
Speaker 2: It's you, like one.
Speaker 5: Hundreds of thousands of people in Australia with an award today, Tarry.
Speaker 4: You came here, your medalst your medals, great, thank you?
Speaker 3: How did it go?
Speaker 2: I finished?
Speaker 3: I participated.
Speaker 2: I was expecting to get a place, but I didn't get Maybe I didn't want to know the place, like eighty thousand of the ninety six, I didn't want to know. But oh my god, I put so much prep into this, guys. I got new shoes, got to be pairs of howk as. I went to Lulu Lemon and got a Lulu Lemon bum bag, a running bag.
Speaker 3: I do have your your place here.
Speaker 4: So sixty sixty eight thousand, eight hundred and twenty one.
Speaker 3: People ran, Okay, would you like to know what you came?
Speaker 2: Did you actually have?
Speaker 3: But I haven't?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah, okay, thousand yep.
Speaker 1: Got a medal for coming forty one thousand, nine hundred and seventy eighth.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 3: It's really good.
Speaker 2: You're talking to me like you talked to your four year old child.
Speaker 5: And I am the most supportive mother, and I am always full of like you know, gay, supporting her accolades and her achievements.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of that. The thing that really got me down was that I organized in my good friend Brittany Hockey who leaves around the corn from the finish line to meet me there because loved ones are there. It's like letting go of the Titanic. They're all there with hankies and they're all going well done. And now that I'm single, I thought, I want britt to be there to cheer you in, to cheer me on. So my final K, I even run a bit faster. I even add a bit of hair gel from a bum bag into my hair so I look good for the finishing product. I get to the finish line after running fourteen k's my dear friend Brittany nowhere to be seen.
Speaker 3: Okay, hear me out.
Speaker 1: First of all, this is all your fault, Mitch said, Okay, everyone runs at a different pace. I don't know how long it takes you to run fourteen kilomeers. I don't know what your pace is. I don't know if you're marriage.
Speaker 2: Telling me going what's your pace? Whose pace? I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: So Mitch was like, please meet me in the finish line. I was like, one hundred percent, baby, I'm gonna be there. I'm gonna film you crossing it. I said, why don't you send.
Speaker 4: Me your live location as you're running.
Speaker 1: I'll track it, I'll see when you're coming one way, and I will meet you there because I'm not gonna go and sit there for five hours. Who knows how long it's going to take you. I'm watching the location. He's not moving, and I'm like, oh, he must be having to sit down or a water break or a toilet break. And I'm twenty minutes go pass and I pull up the live location and you're still sitting there, and I'm like, okay, he must have really been having an ask for attack.
Speaker 3: Forty five minutes goes passed, and I'm like, oh my god, he's dead. The guy's died.
Speaker 1: And then I realized you didn't send me a live location. He sent me a screenshot of your current location, so I thought you hadn't moved for an hour. And then Mitch goes coming up to the last hundred meters Are you there? And I was like, sure, I was not there, and so it's your fault.
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: Run his brain?
Speaker 5: This says a lot more about Brits, like her thoughts about you and your ability to run.
Speaker 3: If she thought that you were stationary for an hour. What were you doing having breakfast?
Speaker 2: And she didn't question it.
Speaker 3: I didn't think that was a problem.
Speaker 4: I thought you were at the end of the race and you were having heart palpitations.
Speaker 3: I thought you'd just take You're no.
Speaker 2: Better, Laura, because I went to your house after and there was nothing prepared. I thought there'd be hydrolte and fruit platters and ready.
Speaker 3: To No, no, no.
Speaker 5: You came to my house afterwards and there was stuff prepared, yeas for an inhaler and some toilet paper.
Speaker 3: I didn't have the toilet paper, but I had the inhaler.
Speaker 5: You came in, you had some paracetamol, you took my ventilin, and then you went and did a.
Speaker 2: Poof and there was no toilet paper. Your new out, I know, and I'm the one who has to suffer. I do use my runners bid, which I wanted to frame. So thanks a lot for that.
Speaker 4: We're proud of you, Mitt, Thank you, Jesus side congrat I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to go sleep for a month, all right. If you missed any of the show today, you can podcast it on the iHeartRadio app. We were talking about the pay disparity between the Matilda's and the soccer roofs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you can go and listen to it all on the pickup. We put everything up there, all the best bits and all the worst bits, the whole thing.
Speaker 2: When cold and flu strikes, Demeson gets it done. Always follow the directions for use will and what are up next? Boys? What's on the show? It's a huge week on Oil and Woody. What's for the first time? And I'm very excited to say this. We're going to meet the Inspired unemployed boys.
Speaker 3: Pretty nervous really hope they like me.
Speaker 2: But yes, that's this week. Plus Tony Armstrong is going to be dropping in plas the woman who ate the one hundred thousand dollars Golden Tim Tam. Yeah, can we secure one hundred thousand for her from it? That's right, it's courplaw here on wi Ah.
Speaker 3: We love the Inspired unemployed here.
Speaker 2: They're good boys and I am the one hundred thousand dollars, Tim Tam. I wish have you watched the new show So good from the Boys? Yeah, it's gold, very funny gold like that, Tim Tam. All right, the boys are up next see tomorrow.