Speaker 1: Most of the black couple of Mitches yourself for the rude shocks of young adults.
Speaker 2: Did you know this? And Apple has the same caffeine as a full one shot coffee?
Speaker 1: Bullshit, he's serious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to god. Now what is it that says there is no caffeine in our.
Speaker 1: Nourie? And Mitchell coosyah, like you, what's happening? You get a clit, you get a clear, You get a clear if you're lucky.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Mitchell's done his comedy shows by the time this is airing, they have both happened Sydney show.
Speaker 1: I've only done one of them at the time of record. I did Opening Night last night in Sydney. And that reference you get a clit, I feel like that could be really fucking confusing to people just listening to the podcast. Yeah, I had little toy clips that I'm myself just as a little souvenir for the audiences. Clay clip cli It's very hard to say.
Speaker 2: Think I went to school with him. Clay kits and did you do you kill? And how did you bake the clay?
Speaker 1: You just pop them in the oven?
Speaker 2: Oh really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Actually need to order some more clay before the Melbourne shows. It just reminded me I'm going to make more claps. There are my demand my clips.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of clip price, genes, welcome.
Speaker 1: Hi. So what do you do?
Speaker 2: Sorry? I just thought, do you it's clay? It hurts people.
Speaker 1: How do you throw it? Very gently?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And like people who are wanting my clip, they make it obvious, you know, and so there's no risk of it falling and shattering of course. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well clips can take a beating from what I've heard. Yeah, any insight, no no comment, no comment. Have you ever seen a real one?
Speaker 1: When would I ever seen a real one?
Speaker 2: I don't know the way out?
Speaker 1: Maybe no cea section mate.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but you're a test tube. But you're like a old star gold Star gold start. Yeah, so you'll explain that again. That's so good.
Speaker 1: So gold Star, which, by the way, this whole thing is so outdated. A gold star gay you get that satisfied never having slept with a woman. So you're fucking copper at this point. I am.
Speaker 2: I'm just gay. I'm old school nineties gay kids.
Speaker 1: A step above gold Star is platinum, which is what I am. Where I was born via cesaian I was a test tube babies, So I didn't go in the mud either. I've always in ever slept with a woman, so I've just been avoiding pourst my entire existence. That's so good, zero contact whatsoever. Not that I have anything against the moll. I just haven't had any reason to visit, you know, No, okay, kind of like the Great Wall of China. I'm in no rush to fucking see it, but I have nothing against it. I don't hate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems like it'd be lovely, yeah, confusing, enjoy it yea, yeah, yeah, of course. It seems like a lot of a lot of effort and to find the damn thing. Yeah, okay, So the clay clip so you just throw them at this? Is there a point of the show were you throw that?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, oh yeah, just wait until you see the show.
Speaker 2: You'll see and a general and I are going Friday. So how was Opening Night? Was great?
Speaker 1: It was good. Actually, I was a bit worried about this show because like last year's show wasn't as difficult in the writing process this year, I fucking oh, I really struggled, Like I was so frustrated during the fucking writing process. It was such a slog. I had writer's block, and so I was like, oh god, this might be shit. But the feedback I got was it was far better than last year's show, which is right, wow, yeah, so it's a whole new show, correct, completely new. Do you know what I did? Though? I fucked up in a way last night because I'd never done the show before. It was opening night, and so I hadn't really timed it properly. Yeah, and you have to stick to an hour because there's a show on after you in the same theater, and they've got like ten minutes for me to bump out and then to bump in.
Speaker 2: So you have a big red clock that counts down.
Speaker 1: No, I just had my phone on stage, and so I checked my phone and I was like, oh fuck, it's eight fifty five. I got to wrap this by night. Yeah, And so I wasn't finished it. I had to cut some stuff from the set. And then I remember that I started at eight ten and I could go into a nine ten. So because of my dumb, fucking maths, I accidentally robbed the audience of ten minutes of the show. But oh they wrapped it up at nine. I said, I'm done by and I was like, oh wait, fuck, I had ten minutes to play with.
Speaker 2: So did you cut what you cut? You're going to bring back in on Friday?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You sure? Oh my god, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm really excited. Are you gonna look out for me and throw me a clip?
Speaker 1: I don't want to play favorites.
Speaker 2: You'll see me in the crowd though. Man, it's like a fucking yeah, surprised.
Speaker 1: I can't see shit at past the two rows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well then we're front row.
Speaker 3: I want to get a duck.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're more likely to get a duck. I throw more of those, but the clips are limited edition?
Speaker 2: Is it like in the Easter Show when you've got those ducks again.
Speaker 1: I feel like I need to give content the fucking The comedy show is called water for Ducks clip, and therefore I've got ducks and clips just to throw into the audience at little things. Yeah, a party favor Yeah.
Speaker 2: You should put like twenty dollars. Stick your tab to the bottom of them. Like at the Easter Show. You know those ducks you hook at your fish out of the water with it, you get duck and then one of them has cash on the bottom of.
Speaker 1: It's put an air tag and they're like, what the fuck the stalking? Just try a duck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you shouldn't stick you dab, but you should get a scalpel and cut a little sleep and then slip it in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they play the duck back together. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So when they got to track it, it'll just lead them to a duck. That's really fun, I think.
Speaker 1: But then they'll get a notification being like this air tag is being tracked near you. Yeah, where the fuck is it? They wouldn't think to look in the duck.
Speaker 2: I didn't tee this, but I thought I was being tracked. I almost called called the local police because I kept I got a notification that said someone.
Speaker 1: Is tracking you because of the air tag.
Speaker 2: Because of an apple item. I got the notification and I went what And I checked it and it would follow me from home to work to the shops around coals and I'm like, oh my god, somebody's trying to kill me. And I freak the fuck out. And then what you can do is you can press play a sound and it plays it so you can locate the tag and then destroy it. So it was in my car. Oh my god, someone's put it in my car. So what I do is I press play, and I met the car and yeah, so annoying. And I go in the back seat and it's under the back seats in the car and it's my sister's AirPods that she's left. Oh, for God's sake, And it set off the same alarm. It's like someone's tracking and using a pair of air pods.
Speaker 1: Well that's quite handy that you found them, actually, because if I lose AirPods, I'm like, that's it right off.
Speaker 2: You never get I've spent thousands on new AirPods just because I've lost the damn things.
Speaker 1: I spent hours on the phone to the Sydney Opera House being like, I swear they're there, because do you remember when we were there together, when we went to the premiere of RuPaul's Drag Race down Under season one? Yeah, and I was sitting next to you and I stood up and I heard. I was like, oh, did I drop something? And you really really confidently went no. I took and I took your word for it, and then I went home and I went, fuck, we're on my AirPods. I went on to find my deviceing at the Opera House, so I'm calling them going. I swear they're fucking there. I'll give you my seat number. They're there. I can see they're there. They were active like three minutes ago. They're there. They still haven't found them. I'm sorry. That's my fault. I was like, did you something drop you at?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 1: Nothing, so confidently famously with the confidence that you've got me over the line. If you'd gone, oh, I'm not sure. I would have had a look. But no hitting here anything. You know me.
Speaker 2: You know not to take that for bible. That's like, now, Jeffrey Darmat, did you kill anyone? Well, you know not to believe it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know now, I learned the hardway.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, chook us for the final show. Yes, you are going to Melbourne. Where's where tickets in your bio?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, Lincoln bio on Instagram. But yeah no, by the time this episode is out, still time to buy tickets to Melbourne.
Speaker 2: How exciting. Okay, we'll chook.
Speaker 1: Us and then you'll be the first to know Darlin if there's more cities announced, don't you worry, brilliant, it's not yet. You're talking to the listener.
Speaker 2: Technically we will be the first to know. I'm sure you'll tell us before it's announced, so you'll be the second to know. It's still really good. Thing'd hate to be third.
Speaker 1: Jesus embarrassing. Okay, let's start this.
Speaker 2: Is it just me? Every week we start the show the same way to iGEM's something we've noticed, something we hate to appreciate. You drinking tea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought I had a fucking window there where you were doing the talk and I could have.
Speaker 2: A se tea from a firmous.
Speaker 1: It's a travel mug for coffee, but it's not that drastic to put tea in there instead.
Speaker 2: But I don't ever think people travel with team on the fly. I haven't even started the show, but tea isn't a travel thing. It's a sit down home in a mug. Hold it with both hands.
Speaker 1: It was gonna be, But then I looked at the time and I went, fuck me, I'm going to be late for the podcast. I pop it in the travel month. I thought so too.
Speaker 2: I was playing the new Zelda Teas of the Kingdom. What oh was so good?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is this another phase of yours?
Speaker 2: I've always been a gamer, g a y em I have.
Speaker 1: I've got just switch with you.
Speaker 2: Oh well, because after this I do my radio show and have about an hour inter and break.
Speaker 1: Is that where you disappeared to every time we finish this podcast? You just finished?
Speaker 3: Do you just go and play your games?
Speaker 2: Game over? I died.
Speaker 1: I've been reacquainted with GTA recently, which one GTA five. Yeah, it's a bit sickening how much I enjoy stabbing people on there.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: I like to get up it's impersonal and hear the squelchyeah. I don't like shooting from a distance, that's cowardly. I like to get up close and stab them.
Speaker 2: What I like to do is shoot them in the leg and then they try to get away and they think they've escaped. They're running to call their family. Then here I am in a Prius, run them over, reverse double check.
Speaker 1: You know what's really fucked the grand theft auto cheat where you have explosive bullets. Oh yeah, any bullets, Yes, blows them up.
Speaker 2: It's so fucking good. You can do explosive punches too, So. I mean, you've heard of King Hit, which we don't endorse, but this is a coward punk coward punch. This is this is incredible. You walk up and you punch them in the head and.
Speaker 1: They go, we are flying. I haven't seen that one.
Speaker 2: I love it. Grand Theft Daughter is so much fun.
Speaker 1: Oh god, house, and it's a bit fucked how much humans enjoy that game. Oh yeah, Because I was at the airport coming back from Tazzy the other day and it's just once I've been playing too much DTA. It messes with my psycha because I was like, I could hijack one of these planes. Where's my berserk up? Just walk up the cockpit press triangle you're in. And I said that out loud in the airports, like keep your voice down, hijacked one of them.
Speaker 2: I think that often too. I often think I get that intrusive thought where I go. I could pull up this emergency exit, bro, Like I'm always in the emergency exit because I'm so big, and I just got it's a lever and they make it so easy.
Speaker 1: They tell you how to do it when you sit down. That's so true. I've never thought of that. They go, all.
Speaker 2: Right, here's what you do if you want to open a door mid flight.
Speaker 1: I think that's a bit fucked by the way that that's on the passenger. Yes, fucked. I agree.
Speaker 2: I was on a flight recently where there was an elderly couple next to me, and they moved them because they weren't they were very old.
Speaker 1: They didn't trust them in the event of an emergency.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they said, hey, we hate to do this, but you couldn't open that door. If you try, you can really wipe your own arms, you know, don't anyway, And they had this whole argument that we've paid for.
Speaker 1: This and want to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, fellow gamers Tears of the Kingdom add me on switch. I'll message me your friendship codes on a couple of mitches. We'll play together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, have I done the intro? Yeah? Yeah, about ten minutes ago. Sorry, sorry, sorry, she wants to go first. By the way, I should mention coming up today, A bunch of different news bloopers happened during the week, and I've got a conspiracy theory about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mitch called me. He was manic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will sound a bit insane, but something's happened.
Speaker 3: I'm excited.
Speaker 2: It was one of those people on the side of the road with a cardboard sign that says God is coming, UFOs are coming. I'm like, all right mate.
Speaker 1: You know there's something tying and moll together these bloopers.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm keenan, that's on the way. Should I jump in?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: Go for first? Is it just me? Have cinema's really given up on the no food in cinema rule and.
Speaker 1: Then smuggling supermarket food in your purse?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: When did they drop it? The rules on that? Back in my day, you used to shove a whole fucking six packer up and goes into your crouch and then like I been to the theater so you weren't caught, and that little eighteen year old checking the tickets and scan you up and down to make sure you have Yes, you didn't have any m and ms under your armpits, so you didn't have any popcorn that you didn't pay for in the cinema wrapped in your jacket. I think sometimes it was like going through hotel security. They'd like make you open your trench coat and they'd scan you.
Speaker 1: I remember, I don't think that ever happened to me.
Speaker 4: Wow, Because we will get the lollies and stuff from Big w because it was next door cheap, and then like literally hide it under our clothes yees walk through and so suspiciously. Yeah, totally, they would really check you.
Speaker 2: The thing is, this was never communicated. So I'm such a goodie two shoes that i will pay for my nineteen dollar fucking popcorn and my M and ms that cost nineteen dollars, and I'll walk in. I'll pay for my ticket. It's one hundred dollars day out of the movies, and I'll walk in and I'll sit next to This actually happened the other day, and the bitch next to me in Lux was eating a don Bowy bowl? What a don Bury Wow? A Japanese rice bowl with chopsticks?
Speaker 1: How did you get that in? Maybe you're next to.
Speaker 2: Me, he's got CC's, she's bought from Carl's chomping down.
Speaker 1: Maybe cinemas are just fucking happy to have people there because they did cop a bit of loss after the pandemic. Maybe they're just happy to have people there. They let you get away with anything. I've fucking ripped a bong in a cinema before that. Give a ship? Did you hop box that bitch?
Speaker 2: Have you ever had sex in the cinema?
Speaker 1: No, I haven't actually done a bong. By the way, I do feel like I need to clarify.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought that that checks out. I love our general I like, hilarious happened? You're like, yeah, no, that sounds like you. There's a real fine line of jokes on this show. Ha heart ridiculous or her heart real? Yeah. No, I've I've received a blowjob in a cinema have yeah. Yeah, back in my early days of like young youth.
Speaker 1: I hope it wasn't too young in youthful she careful. No, I was like twenty four, Oh right, that's long ago. You're fine. No, it wasn't. Actually it was young and youthful, very enjoyable.
Speaker 2: I didn't watch the movie any Birds.
Speaker 1: The film, yeah, bit of an angry, fucking budget down his pants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a marterer bird, more like a hawk.
Speaker 1: Where I was that little piggy.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, more you know those little green piggies. That was me. He was He was the bluebird because there was a lot of it. He just wanted he split the three.
Speaker 1: His birds went blue afterwards, ARG trained them anyway, Angerbirds.
Speaker 2: The movie didn't see much of it.
Speaker 1: So did you actually snuggle popcorn in? Because like, of all the things you have to give the cinemas credit for it's making popcorn better than anyone else can't.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, no, no, it's not popcorn. It's more so. All the movies are always in a westfield, So there's a colds are a Wools next door or an IgA, and you go and get you pay good prices for peanuts, M and ms. You pay three bucks. You don't pay nine dollars. You get more teasers for two dollars and then you walk in. But yeah, like it used to be a big thing. Maybe it's a cultural thing, like a regional thing. But where I grew up, you could not bring anything that you didn't pay for at the snack bar into the movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, like we used to do that on the d L. But no one ever checked. That's the weird thing. I've never heard of people being actually physically checked.
Speaker 2: I was turned away far what were you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: At Greater Union, Miranda.
Speaker 4: I remember once I tried to bring a hot chocolate in, Yeah, and they said nat drink it before you go in, And you know.
Speaker 1: They did that grab fucking burning habit. I know. I poured it over Jenna's head and then spat in the face.
Speaker 2: The face.
Speaker 1: This is a greater union point.
Speaker 2: We're family. Yeah quickly, I'm an event cinemas guy.
Speaker 1: I hate hoids.
Speaker 2: Give me the ick?
Speaker 1: Oh fuck me? Can you explain the difference. They are exactly the same in my mind?
Speaker 3: How are they different?
Speaker 2: Event cinema has a better class system, like when you shut up when you fly, you've got.
Speaker 1: To watch films with pears. That's not what I mean.
Speaker 2: They've got economy business first in an event. They've got standard for bony asses that I find my heavy set ass. Now I need the lux.
Speaker 1: Are you seriously telling me that they have business class in the cinema.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are half reclined. And then you go gold class, which is of course it's elite. But then houts is like, oh four exity, why booge or something bougie. It's like so boring, it's cringe. Makes me cringe.
Speaker 1: So you're telling me that you're well off enough to pay for gold class, but you're tooth scabbed it by a packet of fucking fantastic. Yes, you're smuggling in the cheap ship.
Speaker 3: What about reading cinema.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be caught dead in a reading.
Speaker 1: I have a good independent cinema Yes, what's the one in.
Speaker 2: Leichhart Golden Age.
Speaker 1: Oh, no, it's a palace palace.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, palace is beautiful.
Speaker 1: I love that one.
Speaker 2: No, I'm all for that. I love an independent if it's got character and charm.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree.
Speaker 2: There's one in Surrey Hills.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I don't fit the seats at Dandy. I refuse to go to Dandy.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: I saw Marcel the Shell with shoes on in Dandy and I had to walk out. Chair was still attached. It's awful. My hips don't fit in the I'm not joking. Really, I don't fit the chairs at Dendy. It's really uncomfortable. I remember seeing some dog millionaire and my hips were realigned from sitting in that chair.
Speaker 3: I've still got bruises that it was two thousand and eight, eight good memory.
Speaker 1: I speaking of which that does tying quite nicely with my Is it just me this week?
Speaker 2: So? I don't think we can rab it on about cinnatas for much longer.
Speaker 1: Oh I could go for days. Yes, when you're ready?
Speaker 4: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Do you reckon a lot of your injuries are self inflicted?
Speaker 2: Yeah, i'd say so, Yes, Yeah, i'd say so.
Speaker 1: I feel like I make a lot of them worse by paying too much attention to them. Oh and like dithering over them too much.
Speaker 2: Okay, are you talking mental injuries?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, although that also could count. But what I mean is, like, you know how I had my RSI my wrist when I worked here. Yes, all the videos I was editing and I was doing all the keyboard shortcuts for hours on end, so my hand got all munted. That was so painful, and I was so hyper focus on making it better that I probably fucking made it worse because I was massaging it with voltaire and a million times a day. I was putting it in splints and stuff, and I was just so obsessed with making this thing better that I probably made it worse, like an ingrown toenail. Yeah, just leave it the fuck alone. Yes, half the time, you make it worse by trying to make it better.
Speaker 2: You pick, you pick your picky, and it gets deeper, deeper, pussier, and passier.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like, maybe for the last year or so, I've been really obsessed with my shoulder being sore and clicky, and I was buying all the ointments I was buying fucking posture braces, everything I could do to fix this shoulder, and I was just constantly aware, fuck my shoulders. Saw And then one day I was like, I've got a sore neck. So that's my new project. I'm working on the neck. You're obsessing over, Yes, i am, And I'm always trying to rub the neck, treat the neck. And then I realized, literally yesterday, Fuck my shoulder's fine because I haven't been touching it. Yes, I've left it the fuck alone. That's how health anxiety works. Yes, Like, I've got this severr hell anxiety all the time, and if you forget it, you start just fixate on something else, it completely disappears, exactly exactly. The more you hyper fixate on it, the more hyper aware you are of it.
Speaker 2: So what are you on now?
Speaker 1: Is it still the neck? Yeah? Still the neck. I've got a neck cloud. I fell for an Instagram at It's like they knew what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course they'd know. They read your Google searches. What's a neck cloud?
Speaker 1: Oh? Google, It's it's like a It's like a bit of foam that you sort of lie down flat and it goes under your neck and it sort of realigns it. Is it blue. Yeah, like a shell.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've got the same thing because I'm.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm not gonna lie. It actually works, I will say, but because I'm constantly checking in on my neck every ten minutes. Is it so again? Is it so again? Is it so again? Is it so again? And then I'm like, I better jump back on the fucking cloud, Mitchell, that's so funny. I have the exact same.
Speaker 3: Way blue one.
Speaker 1: Yes, if I got mine in navy, it.
Speaker 2: Looks like the tail of a whale.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I'm not gonna lie. It's quite good. But that's my new obsession. And then I realized because I'm now focusing so much on fixing my neck pain, shoulders fine, the wrist is fine. Yes, it's similar as well to raise the rash. If I get a little raisor rash. The more I fucking put foliator or moisturizer, a lavir or whatever, the more it just gets redder and more interfered with. Leave it the fuck alive.
Speaker 2: It's the same with my skincare, Like I have had breakouts for the last few years, and I would go and get creams and red knoles, and I put the patches on and the moment that I leave them for a week. Yeah, gone, and it stays clear.
Speaker 1: It's literally just like, don't fucking touch them. I'm not saying ignore all illnesses. If there's a lump in your breast, don't be like it'll go away. You're allowed to fixate on shit like that, but just annoying niggly little things. Just leave it the fuck alone.
Speaker 2: I completely agree with you.
Speaker 1: That's probably where the fucking saying time heals all wounds comes from. It's not a metaphor, it's just true.
Speaker 2: It checks out. You sound like a mum, though you do.
Speaker 1: Realize that I'm across that.
Speaker 2: Don't pick your toe, It'll get word, it'll make it worse. Don't rub your neck, just leave it alone.
Speaker 1: And that was the most annoying thing to be told when you're having so much fun picking your toe, wasn't it ever? Might let me pick my toe, I'm can I leave me to it, my mi, I can fix this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And also mosquito bites.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, do you guys do the cross hatch where you put a cross in it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I do actually know that. I think about it and.
Speaker 3: Then I get told don't touch it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know. One time when I was a fat little kid and I didn't want to do a cross country I bit myself and then use my fingernail to put a cross hatch in it. And then I said, so I've been stung by your bee. Look I can't cross country anymore. And they just looked me in the eye and they were like, right, mate, we know you fucking did that yourself. I was like, nah, I didn't, and I will erg you to be I can't run anymore. Got away with it in the end, but they fucking knew I was bullshiting them. I literally bit myself and then just put a cross hatch in it.
Speaker 2: Maybe if you tried to use that now to get out of a brand deal. Sorry, Laurel, I can't promote your highaluronic acid.
Speaker 1: I've been stung by Yeah, I've been stung by a bee. Brought to you by EpiPen EpiPen partner you're listening to. Is it just me.
Speaker 2: Got something on your mind?
Speaker 3: Hit up at a couple of Mitch's on Instagram to get yourself on the show.
Speaker 1: Okay, time for it?
Speaker 2: Is it just you your chance to do what Mitch and I do on the show every week? In idym of your own. You can get in touch a couple of Mitches on Instagram, you can DMS, you can textus Mitchell on that number they.
Speaker 1: Go for one two seven one two o nine two Six's ever going to remember it off by heart?
Speaker 2: No I did. I just thought I throw it to you because I did a lot of talking. Yeah, right, keep the balance of the share percentage.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you for letting me talk.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: You know how iheartbosses get They're like we were equal splits of Mitch and Mitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and they're like, oh, we need women's voices to be heard, and that's why I'm here. That's exactly right. Shout up, Jenna, let's go.
Speaker 2: This is so exciting. Well, you know how this was your idea, Mitch to do the international is it just used?
Speaker 1: Yes, it doesn't matter about time zones. We're happy to work around it.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's exactly right. We're going to Alberta, Canada today because we're joined by Trisha.
Speaker 1: Hi. Hello, shut Hi. How are you? Oh?
Speaker 5: I'm excellent? How are you?
Speaker 1: Oh? We're excellent. I got to say, I was chatting with friends the other day and we were literally having this conversation and I said, I've never met a Trish that I hate. All Tricia's are legends, Yeah.
Speaker 5: But they've been Patricia's not.
Speaker 1: I don't really make that connection. No, Patricia's a mouth. So yeah, I think.
Speaker 5: Sometimes Patricias are a little snooty.
Speaker 1: Because I agree. I just realized I go by my full name Mitchell. So does that make me snooty?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm fucking far from snooty. What does that make me? Niche?
Speaker 2: Does that make me?
Speaker 1: You're You're like a Trish, just.
Speaker 2: Like easy going, easy breezy. Okay cool? So Canada? Were you born and raised there?
Speaker 5: Trish born and raised?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 5: Wow, the center of like freezing call.
Speaker 1: Everything sounds like heaven to me. I love cold weather. Having said that, when I say I like cold weather, I like Australian cold weather, like Tasmania. I can handle it. And when I went to New York in winter, I was like, okay, fuck this, I don't like cold weather.
Speaker 2: Well, New York in the winter's nice because all the garbage like freezes up and then once it hits summer, it all falls out.
Speaker 1: And it's like a used tamp on.
Speaker 2: But you're walking through and there's like a muggy dance, like you can taste the air in New York it's disgusting.
Speaker 1: Whereabouts in Canada? Did you say you were from Tricia?
Speaker 5: So I'm in a town. Well it's a city, but it's called Red Deer and.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: I'm googling too because I want to see how picturesque it is. Oh, it looks gorgeous. Is it beautiful?
Speaker 5: It's well, once you get closer to the mountains, like Calgary and Edmonton or the two, Like Edmonton is the capital of our province. But if you head towards Calgary, then you get towards like the mountains and the glaciers and the blue green water and the beautifulness of Canada.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's that, you know, it's all of the beautiful landscape of America. With the gun control, it's fantastic. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen a moose? I have.
Speaker 5: And they're huge, how big, scary, predictable, taller than like a pickup truck.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, serious, not really.
Speaker 5: But they're huge. Yeah, they're huge.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at the photos and it looks like with brother bear would sit. Oh, I love brother.
Speaker 5: Brother yes, I've seen lots of bears. Yeah, like we would go cat like we count quite a bit, like in r vs or tents or whatever, and you can just like bears will come into your camp and you run to your vehicle and wait they go.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a not at Stonewall. I've just googled moose this thing is. That's a gay bob. But she didn't get it but laughed. Anyway, that's a really.
Speaker 1: Good love a legend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not on midl trash. Wow, I could talk about Canada forever. Did you guys celebrate the coronation because we're both technically in the Commonwealth still I forgot about.
Speaker 5: Okay, so the coronation. So my mother is English and I was very sad when the Queen passed. Now, as much as I love the Commonwealth, I'm not very happy about the king. Why think he should have passed and moved to the next one.
Speaker 1: It does feel like we're going to be doing another bloody coronation very soon, doesn't it. Not that that's to be a reason not to give him the crown. It's like, oh, you're going to die anyway, Like that's an awful attitude. But I kind of agree.
Speaker 5: I think so it would have been to be like young, get him started. Maybe maybe the king that is now could have like been his mentor, like his advisor.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Prince William's looking a bit old at the moment, isn't it. He really is.
Speaker 2: I like King George, like little Prince George now, but he will be King George. He's so camp it's so ridiculous. He's really cute.
Speaker 1: Okay, sorry, very proper talk for hours? Why the fuck you want to get Yeah, I need to pay a bill?
Speaker 5: Tell you what? What just gets me?
Speaker 1: Okay? First of all, how did you find the podcast?
Speaker 2: Quickly? Where did you find us?
Speaker 5: Well? Okay, so originally I started listening to Tony and Ryan. Yes, yeah, and on Spotify it says find podcasts like this one. And I saw yours and I love your logo and I love your guys' accent. It's one of my favorite things in the entire world. And I was like, oh, they look like a lot of fun. And I started listening to you and I laugh every day on my way to and home from work. I love it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love that beautiful Okay, Well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if I've had a crap day, I'll listen to you guys, and it makes it better.
Speaker 1: Thank you, I'll say, Teresa once again, Triesia's a legend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Trisha, give us your Is it just me? Bradley's going to count you in then hit us?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, is it just me?
Speaker 5: People wearing tups in summer? I can't handle it wearing what old cap to keep your head warm? Okay? So you probably call it like a beanie or yes or something like that. It's like a knitted hat.
Speaker 1: What did you call them?
Speaker 5: We called them? We call them too, and so working at it. It's fairly hot weather, like thirty degrees Celsia's so hot for May in Alberta. Like that's hot, and there's people walking around where it tooks, and I'm like, what are you doing? It's thirty degrees. Have you heard of heat stroke?
Speaker 1: Yes? God'd imagine how fucked their head would be, their hair would be under that tuke?
Speaker 5: What are you sorry?
Speaker 1: I keep talking over you because there's a bloody delay here. But is it t o q u E? Is that how you spell it? Yeah? Okay, yeah, right, imagine how fucking sweaty you'd getunder that in summer thirty degrees in a beanie? Are you fucking?
Speaker 2: I will say I'm not a beanie guy any any year, any season. Like, it's not for me. I've got such a roundhead that if I wear a tuc I look like a bowling ball. It's not flattery on me at all. So I'm not for them anywhere. But I've googled them. Are you googled took? And it must be a Canadian thing, because like there's all the logos of Canada are on all these different tooks.
Speaker 5: I think Canada is one of very few countries that call them two yeah.
Speaker 1: These are the severe beanie, the ones with the flaps yes and the palm on the tie like.
Speaker 5: They commit yes yes because you because it gets quite cold here, like this winter it was minus forty five degrees celsius. What do you need?
Speaker 1: Are you sure?
Speaker 2: Minus forty five degrees celsius And.
Speaker 5: The only way you get to stay home from work is if your vehicle doesn't start.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, it's not even forty five.
Speaker 2: I've been in minus twenty once in the South of America, but never not South America, the Southern States, and it's like my everything was shriveled like I my penis went inside. I was like, I was like an Atlantic turtle. It was shocking.
Speaker 1: I've do this is So does your house snow in?
Speaker 5: Uh No, not really. We just get really, really really cold. We plug our vehicles in because I'm sure that you don't have block heaters in your vehicles Australia. Okay, so we have block heaters, So we plug in our vehicles so that it keeps the engine warm.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh I never thought that issue.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like a built in heater that doesn't really run. It just keeps the engine components warm so that when you try to start it it will start. It's ready like minus fifty.
Speaker 1: It was kind of a fun novelty. One time I was saying with a friend of mine and lives in New Jersey and it was snowing cold as fun and if we want to take the car and we'd have to pop the kettle on pour it on the windshield to crack the ice that was frozen onto the windshield. That was a bit of fun. I was like, Oh, you don't get that shit in Sydney. Yeah with you.
Speaker 2: Yeahs in summer are dumb and if you see someone wearing a toube, you could in summer scream at them, unless you're outside of a hospital because it could be a make a wish kid, and then you'll get in trouble.
Speaker 1: So make sure it's I have been guilty of wearing veanies in summer.
Speaker 2: You were Oh my god, Mitchell just admitted that he is a you're a tuka.
Speaker 1: This was when I wanted to grow my hair long and it was in that ugly in between phase where it was like it was too long to be short and too short to be long hair. So I went through a beanie ear to cover it up during the ugly phase. The wicked, the wicked musical merch that I had, and yeah, I had to wear that all summer long and it was not nice because I had that ratty longish hair underneath. Yeah, not fun. And I run hot, treat.
Speaker 5: I run hot too, But you, okay, would have thought you guys could DM me. You're mailing addressed to the studio and I'll send all three of you Canadian to.
Speaker 1: No, you don't have to do that, but we accept obviously you will take it amazing. I mean, we'll do an exchange because obviously you've come on the air. That means Jen is going to send you a prize. Thank you. So yeah, well we'll chat in the DMS.
Speaker 5: Rich sounds fantastic. I love you guys, Thank you so much for having me on your.
Speaker 2: Gorgeous if you were coming on.
Speaker 1: What a cute. I loved her so much more more people like Tricia please, yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, if you want to dms a couple of meters on Instagram and we'll get in touch. And now, if our guests don't offer us gifts every episode, Tricia has really set up high bar for you idiots. All Right, we're got to do a quickie.
Speaker 1: Now you're gonna shorten me. Squeeze one in there.
Speaker 2: I think we can. I'm in the mood.
Speaker 1: Let's go. Something's happened what I don't know what, but it's fucking something and it's sus.
Speaker 2: What do you mate? He's been rabbing on about this. He sent me so many messages and then unsent messages. It was very like Joe Rogan conspiracy theory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's scary. Hear me out. At the exact same time, on the exact same day, all these different news outlets had bloopers at the exact same fucking time, like sight.
Speaker 2: Did someone say something wrong?
Speaker 1: Well, they all vary, but basically the technology failed and I did check mercury was not in retrogade, so you can't blame that, okay. But at twelve pm on Tuesday, the sixteenth of May, yes, there was a glitch in the matrix. I don't know what that means, but it sounded right to say checked out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a solar flare or something.
Speaker 1: Basically, something happened. I'd love to get to the bottom of it, but you can't tell me this is a coincidence. Okay. I was sitting at home on Tuesday. I was watching ten Years Midday with Novella Jacobs. I love a bit of novel to Jacobs if me lunch, and there was a fuck up on air. Okay, I'll show you what happened there first. Okay, so this is ten minutes the blooper Eye spotted. It happened at quite an unfortunate time as well. They were talking about that hostel situation in New Zealand, so not a good time for a blooper, but that was their lead story and it happened at midday. So this is what happened.
Speaker 4: And we'll find out more about exactly what caused this and exactly what happened here in Wellington throughout the day.
Speaker 6: All right, it takes for the update Abby more on the tragedy. We're joined our by Wellington Mayor Tory Farno, Mayor, thank you so much for joining us. Our deeper sympathies to you all this hostel. Can you just tell us a little bit about the community members who would go there.
Speaker 1: I'll talk to you in the next interview in Noaralda and you've just gone to the wrong cross apology.
Speaker 6: See my apologies. Michael will get to you shortly. Yeah, we've got some technical difficulties there and we will move on.
Speaker 1: That was Michael.
Speaker 6: Came from the tw and we'll get to Michael very shortly.
Speaker 1: Thank across to the wrong bloke that wasn't the mayor. He handsled very well though I know I was like, thank god he kept his cool because once he popped up on the screen you could see in his eyes he was like, oh, I know what's happened here. I'll just politely let her know. I'll talk to him in the next interview in real This is very well done, but that's normal everything like live radio and television. Things like that happen all the time at the exact same time, on the exact same day. For what else happened?
Speaker 3: Wait, you're telling me something else happened on another channel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is what happened on Triple Jay at Midday Clubs board in Woollongong this morning.
Speaker 3: That's the news Triple j Oh wow, can anyone hear me?
Speaker 1: Where are you?
Speaker 3: And I'm so sorry?
Speaker 1: Where you can?
Speaker 3: I love that? Oh fuck, oh I can't hear you though.
Speaker 1: We can hear you, mate, and shivers downe with.
Speaker 5: We apologize for this disruption to programming. ABC Radio programs will be restored as soon as possible. Any ongoing reception.
Speaker 1: Day handy back.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that is my worst nightmare.
Speaker 1: Say another glitch in the system where somehow her news room studio took over the whole fucking radio station. She thought she was off air, She was not. She thought she chucked back to the bloke playing music.
Speaker 2: And that was at the same time as Norelda's gaff And yeah, so.
Speaker 3: On the same day, on that Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Tuesday, the sixteenth of May. Okay, it's probably just Australian Eastern Standard time. Thanks for clarifying, okay, and also here at our very own Kiss FM. Oh, my beloved, you would have heard about this. This is what happened on the midday news here at Kiss Kiss one of the five.
Speaker 6: Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: So obviously she's just done a little rehearsal or of warm up and that's somehow gone to where instead of the actual bulletin.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know the backstory to that. She's new and she was practicing and didn't realize it was on air.
Speaker 1: No, there's something bigger going on here.
Speaker 2: What do you think there's a solar flair or something.
Speaker 3: But the fact that that happened at the same time on the same day.
Speaker 1: And that's just the three that we're aware of. Yes, we don't get all broadcast areas. There could have been ship happening in Perth at Oh, I can't do maths on the flies. You know ten am their time or is it nine am? I think they're two hour at the moment.
Speaker 2: I've got the ability to check. Do you want me to dial in to other stations?
Speaker 1: Hang the fuck on? Wait Perth time? Yeah, they're only two arts behind. So ten am ty the station in Perth.
Speaker 2: All right, what time? Ten?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, what station do you want to do? Just any okay to Triple M. I thought we're gonna say triple JM, like we know what. So this is the Tuesday the ninth, No, Tuesday the sixteenth. Oh sorry sorry twenty twenty three. Sorry twelve pm ten on the knocker. Yep, okay, fluid.
Speaker 4: Today though, there's a way to learn everything auto cars in this new educational podcast.
Speaker 2: I think on Triple M, what's got a nova? Same time? I can't hide it any longer.
Speaker 3: Mom, I got a tattoo. Why would you do something like this inviting me.
Speaker 1: Go to an AM station because it's the news on the hour. They keep stuffing up these stations. The play music might not have ten am news. Yeah, you may so go to an AM station. See how they went.
Speaker 2: Here we go. This is ten am Coles Radio.
Speaker 1: I said a talk Sorry, okay, some one that has news on the six PR. It's perfect. Yeah, six PR and Perth a six PR. We want to hear from you one double three eight eighty two eight eighty two six PR A pediatrician the timing. Okay, okay, that's not a huge blue profoler. Maybe it was specific News South Wales because Channel ten, Kids, their FM and Triple J all based in Sydney.
Speaker 2: What about WSFM, Okay, that's our sister station here at Kiss, Oh Jack.
Speaker 1: If the curve struck Kiss, it wouldn't be hard for the curse to wander down the hallway and go to ws I.
Speaker 2: Don't think there is an actual curse, Mitchell. You sound like it's a spirit wandering the horse.
Speaker 1: It could be. Okay, let's check, so your radio show might be next mate, they'll come for your time slot. I wouldn't be so cheeky with that attitude. You're an easy fucking target wearing a shirt that says fuck up my.
Speaker 2: Show, fight no or not?
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: This is ten am on the dot WSFM.
Speaker 1: No, it's twelve pm Sydney time. You really must listen.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get it to me. It's confusing WSFA.
Speaker 1: With your twelve o'clock Good afternoon. I'm Sean Fraser, who calls the mistrial of Bruce Lehman has apology.
Speaker 2: Mitchell, I don't think your theory checks out.
Speaker 1: Well, you've only checked one station in Sydney.
Speaker 2: You want to keep going.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm like. Once there's a fucking b in my bonne.
Speaker 2: Let's do ABC Sydney at midday on the dot.
Speaker 1: I love their news. Then, by the way, I've never I don't think I know it. You'll get all the latest BC radio anywhere anytime. Oh yeah, it's twelve o'clock. Good afternoon, Tony Matthews with ABC News. Did that stupid you?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Maybe it was his sick coincidence.
Speaker 2: I think it was Mitchell. We can do this for every stage and then we're gonna find someone who burps.
Speaker 1: You're gonna go the catyah. Yeah, he's just gonna stumble and you're gonna go there. It is the Poulter guys. I think the curse strikes in three. Oh, and it's already done, so it's already taken out. It's three, and then it's coming for a different slot. It'll be another three victims.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, what I can tell you is that I have two slots on Kiss, so the chances of it striking my show.
Speaker 1: Although with your attitude, it might come for both of your slots because you've been a real bitch about this curse.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: You know what. I just remembered what last week we had to use our understudy studio because the one in the next door room fucked up.
Speaker 2: We did we had to use the shitty, the shitty camera angle studio.
Speaker 1: It's the curse, and I don't think what I think. I look gorgeous on that camerangle downstairs, by the way, but.
Speaker 2: Sure we're never using it again. I look shocking. Okay, maybe there is a curse, but until it affects me personally, I'm an unbeliever.
Speaker 1: You wait, yeah, well you fucking way, Jenne? What are you in on his team? Now? Jenna's now squinting her eyes, which part of the conspiracy?
Speaker 3: Almost there? But I need further proof.
Speaker 1: Okay, stay safe, stay safe, everyone, good luck.
Speaker 2: I can't believe she pressed the wrong button and blew herself up nearly had it.
Speaker 1: Went to wear The microphone is unharmed? O that it went to air? Is it just me listening on Spotify? I don't forget to leave a five start right? So you know how we were talking recently about the fact that Sean and I yet to have our first couple's arguments. Oh my god, yes you didn't. I didn't buy it.
Speaker 2: But I believed it and I lead it.
Speaker 1: It's true. We still technically haven't, but fuck, we got close the other day.
Speaker 2: I tell you, well, I love you and I love Sean, but this does bring me some joy.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's the most frustrated I've ever seen Sean with me. Oh, he was frustrated with you. I was frustrated back, don't you. Okay, tell me, tell me this is great.
Speaker 2: Let me get the popcorn out of my jacket, like I'm at a Hoyts and like or I.
Speaker 1: Don't know if this counts at the first fight, because we did diffuse it pretty quick once we both started to get fucked off. Yeah, and it wasn't worth escalating because it was so stupid, right, Okay. What happened was, obviously we don't live together. We spend pretty much every weekend together. When they had one weekend apart in eleven months. Do you see each other throughout the week Well, that's the thing. Because we were seeing each other every weekend, we started doing like a midwek thing as well. Like I might say his face, he might say it mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that means because it takes a pressure of having sex on the weekends, because after a week of not seeing each other, like as a pressure to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you don't always want to, like I'd rather watch another episode of Wentworth.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm with you, okay, So a midweek addition to seeing each other nice.
Speaker 1: And so because we started doing it Wednesdays, I just being cheeky and made a little joke. I was like, oh, it's boyfriend's day, a little play on words, a pun, right, boy friends day? Yeah, boyfriends Wednesday, boy friends day?
Speaker 2: Oh like Wednesday? Yes, yes, okay, that's okay, funny, silly.
Speaker 1: And then the following week he said to me, oh, so, do you want to come to my place for BOYF Wednesday? I said, the fuck did you just say? He said boy Wednesday? And I said, that's not it, not even close friendsday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's a pie on Wednesday, thank.
Speaker 3: You, boyfriend's day, boyf day.
Speaker 1: He was saying boyf Wednesday. No, no, no, no, And he said no no, I think that sounds cute, like you know, boyfee, like people say boyf And I said, not in this fucking relationship, we don't say boy That makes me sick. Is that how you actually reacted? Yeah? Okay, I was joking at the time, and then he wouldn't yield, And so that's when I started to get genuinely I'm like, how can you not see that I'm right? Because my argument was so convincing. I explained to him. Listen, boyfriend's Day, it tells you exactly what that means. Huh, because it doesn't. You can't play on words with any other day of the week. You can't say, boy Friturday.
Speaker 2: No, you can't.
Speaker 1: No, boyfriend's day is the only day of the week that works, so it marries it down. Yeah, Briday, boy Friday, it does kind of work. Oh yeah, boyfrid I know, but you don't friend. Yeah. The thing with boyfriend's day that you get the whole word sounds boyfriend in it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm with you. I am fully getting it in it. I had made the error, I'd go, you're right, I can see where I was wrong. Laugh.
Speaker 1: Well, he thinks that I was eradicating Wednesday too much from the word, and boy, Wednesday sums up more clearly what it is. Even though who were we ever going to confuse? It's just us having the conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not the United Nations working out a new day of the week. Being to the schedule.
Speaker 1: But I also just refuse to let the word boy escape my mouth. No, he's my boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, boy is dis disgusting work. I'm sorry. I love you, but that's discuss.
Speaker 2: Wait what was the vessel for?
Speaker 5: This?
Speaker 2: Was it all over?
Speaker 1: The text was on the phone phone call. Yeah, he rings me every morning on the way to work, and he's all over the phone. And it just got to a point where he goes, do you know what, I'm just gonna go. I'm gonna order a coffee. I don't want to have this conversation anymore. And I was like, are you actually shitty? Are you? He's like, no, no, No, I'm not shitty. And I was like, you still haven't admitted that I'm correct though. Wow, I'm gonna need that before we move on. I'm gonna need you to fucking yield.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 1: It's Boyfriend's Day. Beautiful love it play on words, It's punny, fantastic, boy Wednesday, vile duck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, boy Wednesday sounds like like a Wednesday night club event. Are you going to boy Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh my god, it done.
Speaker 2: Yes, It's like a wet T shirt contest. Hey boy Wednesday. Get tickets at the door.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a small town who doesn't have the population to warrant a dedicated gay And you said they have gay night, they have by Wednesday. It's boy Wednesday to speed dating.
Speaker 2: That's really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly what it sounds like, and that is not what's happening in my relation.
Speaker 2: Surely he gave up in the airy yield.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he now calls the boyfriend's Day, and rightly so. I was going to ask you to who do you side with? But I think it's clear from the get go you knew I was wrong.
Speaker 2: I do I want this Sean to think it's a pylon.
Speaker 1: It is. It's a fucking pylon, and he's getting crushed.
Speaker 2: Well, we're all boyfriends with Sean.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't have thought, so, he says, news to me.
Speaker 2: So if you and Sean watch friends, would it be boyfriends?
Speaker 1: No? Okay, watching friends would be the first mistake. We wouldn't be doing that.
Speaker 2: What about you know Jenny Ortager's boy Friend's Day, same word huh Wednesday? You know the show Wednesday? No, same word boy friends day, But.
Speaker 1: It also says boyfriends. They describes what it is. It's a day for boyfriend.
Speaker 2: We're on your team, so we're on your side.
Speaker 1: It only works with the word when.
Speaker 2: We know we're on your side.
Speaker 1: Well, you're trying to make other puns, but I suggest you don't.
Speaker 2: Fuck Well, it's quit perfect clearly I am team Sean. Oh poor Sean.
Speaker 1: Anyway, shall we go? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Life, I've noticed it every week I suggested, but in fact we are going.
Speaker 1: I suggested it last week, did you. Yeah, we were banging on with the fucking laundry thing and I was like, should we get out of here?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, someone messaged us and they bought the laundry balls?
Speaker 1: Did that?
Speaker 2: We're influencers? Yeah, they put it on the Enduring Idiots, which is our secret Facebook group that we talk about. So it's just a Facebook group?
Speaker 1: Is it just me on the fly? What the fuck do you keep saying secret Facebook group? You used to say it it's not a secret, but you used to used to say.
Speaker 2: The whole bit was that it was mentioned in a in a segment that we do we.
Speaker 1: Have a we have a I can't don't do it, don't do it? You know what? No secrets on this podcast, No secret Facebook group, no other secrets.
Speaker 2: So what we're are we going to end our secret segment?
Speaker 1: What secret segment? Oh, you're fucked.
Speaker 2: I feel like Sean, I really understand.
Speaker 1: But no, the secret Facebook group, it's like, we don't want to keep that a secret. It's private. You have to request to join, but it's no secret. We want you, we want you to know it's there.
Speaker 2: A true It is an extended conversation of the podcast, like when you watch drag Race, then you've got untucked and they go, if you're not watching untucked, you're only getting half the story. If you're not in injured and idiots, you're only getting half the story. Like Matt Penny, dryer wool balls given spurred me and they got little sluts on them.
Speaker 1: Okay, And so when you put them in the dry and it helps iron out your clothes and reduce static.
Speaker 2: It helps iron out your clothes and it also helps them dry quicker. I think it doesn't have to cycle as on because the balls get really warm and it sort of pounds them. Okay, a warm pounding always, you know, it makes me finish quick. I'm quite fond of a warm pounding, as am I nothing worse than a cold pounding.
Speaker 1: How about the other nut. It's winter, can you do?
Speaker 2: It? Is winter?
Speaker 1: Old?
Speaker 2: I feel like such a mum. The other night I went, where's that breeze coming from? And for fifteen minutes I hunted for a breeze, and then I went, you know what? And you know what I did? I ordered a door snake.
Speaker 1: Like I sounded like a month before. I know where old, where breath coming from? I've bought a door snake. No, mum's are the opposite. They'd be like, turn the aircut off. There's a cool breeze coming in. Yes, and the breeze is forty five degree red creek. That thing.
Speaker 2: Mums see the breeze and use it as an opportunity. I just wanted to shut it up and kill the breeze.
Speaker 1: I am a slut for a good breeze. I'm really loving this time. But young, God, we sound old. But I love this time a year because I don't have to crank theck and I do just leave the doors open same a bit much during peak hours. But yeah, it's a.
Speaker 2: Lot, it's a lot. I'm loving the cold breeze. It's I keep the back doors open all the time.
Speaker 1: Not last night, you weren't No breeze coming from the back door was open. Where was it coming from?
Speaker 2: It was coming from the spare bed window that carried down the hole. Didn't realize how fucking the breeze must have a fit bit on it's getting the steps up. The breeze went all the way from the spare bedroom, passed the bathroom, down the hall, past the linen breass into my bedroom.
Speaker 1: Oh that might have been me that left that spare bedroom window open. I was up drinking in there at the house warmer.
Speaker 2: Here, you even had any guests in there for a while.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I can imagine just having a spare room anyway, so we should go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, if Jenner ever goes how I'm lost in the city and I go, you come here and you stay that room.
Speaker 1: That's why I've got my mattress.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just have a mattress. I suppose get a good blow up. But now I like my spare room. Yeah, okay, I'm not yielding on that.
Speaker 1: That's fine. I give you permission not to yield.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I found you actually hear your conspiracy and your theory with Sean.
Speaker 1: Anyway, five star review.
Speaker 2: You can do it on Spotify, do it on Apple podcasts, and you can now leave a comment on Spotify.
Speaker 1: So I want to start this what should the question be this week? Because you can edit what the question is on the thread on Spotify. Oh, or you can do a poll.
Speaker 2: Oh what should we hoists or event cinemas?
Speaker 1: Perfect comment below on Spotify.
Speaker 2: Team event over here, I'm team.
Speaker 1: Event, I'm team neither can.
Speaker 2: I'm team Independent.
Speaker 1: I should make that the third option, team neither.
Speaker 4: Can?
Speaker 2: You do three options?
Speaker 1: Oh fucking We'll sort it out off here. Let's go see everyone and see you in a week. Just me a podcast by a couple of images. Make sure you've hit follow on your pod. I'll start Welcome to you're right there on New Awning. I don't know what a de brief. This is our secret segment on the end that we never discuss yea in the main part of the show because it's a secret. We don't actually want people to find this because it's just not a good example of our work. It's not our best work. It's fucking rogue. We just talked shit.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I just bought laundry balls.
Speaker 1: I thought you already had them.
Speaker 2: Do you want some too?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Is that sound? What is that notification is that when you yeah, you want some pay for it? How much money you got to play with? You mind a range Rover, it's a business expense. Yeah, Range Drover.
Speaker 2: Please let me just see if it works or double tap my side?
Speaker 1: Wow? Did you ever have a dream car as a kid, like what you were going to drive? What you really wanted to drive when you're an adult and you imagine it, you'd imagine adult you're driving it? Yes, I did. What was it?
Speaker 2: A Jeep Wrangler? Was big square jeep wranglers. I was from the Shire. We had beachside suburb. Everyone had jep Wranglers with the hard top roofs and the soft tops and you drive around the beach with it off. That's what everyone had, the cool kids.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I see.
Speaker 2: I wanted a Jeep and then my mum went no because I had it.
Speaker 1: You know, Mum's always have a story.
Speaker 2: Mom went no.
Speaker 1: Jennifer Heaps, Jennifer Heaps, I want to score with it. She rolled her Wrangler and she was scalped because she had a soft top.
Speaker 2: Jennifer Heaps was scale okay because the car rolled in that accident and then and she was both poking out the top, and she was scalped.
Speaker 1: It's just so many other solutions other than not buying it, like just get one with the hard top. I know how you feel about hard tops.
Speaker 2: I think that was my Instagram handle for a little bit on a good night. I could wear a hard hat if I had a soft top Jep Wrangler, just drive with heart.
Speaker 1: If I said, you know how I feel about hard top, yeah, yeah, damn it, I fucked.
Speaker 2: It doesn't do much for me.
Speaker 1: No, it wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Hard bottom. Yeah, I'm done with them.
Speaker 1: Sorry, it's a joke. It's a joke.
Speaker 2: Why are you apologizing because I felt gross?
Speaker 1: My dream car was, for some fucking reason, a super roof Forester. Oh and of course my dad was like, nah made, they're thirsty buggers, they're petral gunslers. Though Subarus.
Speaker 2: That's such a lesbian.
Speaker 1: Car, I know. And then I didn't know that at the time, obviously, but now that's become a running joke that Subaru's are regarded as the lesbian vehicle. How the fuck did I know? I was drawn to it so early on.
Speaker 2: If you're a lesbian, let's do a little pole and you've got a super rou send us a DM of you with your superu.
Speaker 1: Yeah good call selfie with a Subaru, Yeah super self super selfie, Yeah selfie rue super wealthy.
Speaker 2: I wanted a Mini Cooper as well. I clearly didn't anticipate how to run the show the car. I didn't anticipate. No, no, no, the sheer size of my future self. I couldn't drive them in if I tried. I think I'm getting a new car. Actually I am getting a.
Speaker 3: New ready another one would have mean already didn't you just get.
Speaker 5: A new one?
Speaker 1: Put this one for a while. I'm still getting used to your new one. I still look out for your old car on the road, my fall wheel drive one. Really, I still haven't accepted your new car that was five years ago. No way, that's fucking bizarre.
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 1: It's such a thing, though, adjusting to new cars. I remember when my parents got a new car in the country. It's such a thing when you're driving around to give people a wave, like you hand on the steering wheel, a couple of fingers up, just like yeah hi. They went at least seven years where not one fucker waved at them when they got the new car, because it took everyone that long to adjust what they get, where they come from, and what do they get. They just went from one holding commodore to the other. But this one was white instead of green.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they it took them so long to be like, oh, that's the Kemses car.
Speaker 2: My dad had a Pagero, a bright ocean blue pagero, and he forgot to put the handbrake on in our first house, or the house that I was born in, and it rolled down the driveway, across the road and then into Norma and Keith's rose bush.
Speaker 1: And Norma was liverd just the roads bush. Yeah, it didn't didn't.
Speaker 2: Destroy the house because you know, in a Hamburg roll just like rolled.
Speaker 1: Any other more spectacular endings to that story, like I rolled onto the highway in a truck run through it.
Speaker 2: I've destroyed Norma's rose bush and she got dementia.
Speaker 1: Company takes a lot of pride in her bush, she really does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, prickly they put your fingers in. There're gonna be careful. Then that car was stolen from the driveway and found burnt out in the ditch, and I remember the curse. Now it's not a curse. Remember when something like that happens where if it happened to you in an adult, you'd be like, fuck, fuck, that's it, Like God, that happened. That's annoying. You'd get over it in a week. I thought about that car being stolen and burnt out for about five years. Yeah, it really really upset me. Yeah, came with someone stole my dad's car and burnt it.
Speaker 4: So with my poppies car and DVO it was stolen multiple times, and then eventually it was stolen again and burnt out in like this random farm. It affected me for about ten years.
Speaker 1: I can imagine. I've never had someone, I've never been infected by a car burning. But ye're right, I can under see why that'd been traumatic, because if they've stolen it, you'd like to at least imagine that it's going on to a better life. Yeah, it's like when the parents wink wink, take your dog to the farm so that can live on the farm and be happy, which is code for we euthanize the dog. Oh yeah, we don't want to tell the kids that.
Speaker 2: Yes, my parents never sugarcoated that I had a lot of hermit crabs growing up. My dad would step on those things.
Speaker 1: Gone.
Speaker 3: I had hermit crabs and I was told that they ran away.
Speaker 2: It'd take about six months for to run anywhere, I know, but I believed it.
Speaker 1: They're still in the driveway. They haven't made it out the golden gates, the marble gates in your head, and they can't fucking climb the marble. It's too polished. I had.
Speaker 2: I had mice growing up as well, and they bit Nikki Fowlwell, my front door neighbor next door to Norma and Keith and Nicki Fowlwell was bitten by Curious the mouse. Yeah, too Curious, and her mom said, you've got to kill that thing or I'm going to like, you got to put it down. I'm like the fucking.
Speaker 1: Mouse mouse and they buy it like a rot wheeler and nick he.
Speaker 2: Was probably touching herself smell of cheese. I would have bitten a turve. I was a mouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Anyway, my mom said, Okay, we're not going to kill it because we were destraught. Dad killed Curious, so she was like, we're going to release Curious into the wild.
Speaker 1: So we put Curious better, we put Curious.
Speaker 2: I remember it. I can, I can actually remember it. It was from Best and less, and it was my little sister Rachel was probably three at the time, so she had a little baby shoe and it was like an ugbrout, a baby ugbroup from best to less, and it was leopard print. And we put Curious in the leopard print shoe, and we all said our goodbyes and held the shoe and kissed.
Speaker 1: Him in.
Speaker 2: And we drove to the bush and we put the shoe in the middle of the bush and we drove off. And then every time we drove past that bush, Mum would go, Curious is in there? And I had in my head thought be the size of a wom bat.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you keep the shoe? He's a bit stupid. That's a waste of a good leopard prince shoe.
Speaker 2: Poor Rachel has a horrific gait now because she had to grow up with only one shoe. That's a good point. Maybe we poured the shoe down. I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I really thought you were going to say that you buried the shoe. Thanks, fuck you just put it down on the ground and I'm curious all looked down and yeah, why the fuck did the mouse like it can get out of the shoe surely it would have just been like where do you think you're going? And follow you?
Speaker 2: We know we drove off in the.
Speaker 1: Travel Yeah, that's true, they can drive.
Speaker 2: I thought about that the other day because my ring fell off in the sink and like almost fell down the sink, like what happens in Steward Little. And then that got me thinking that fucking finch did him real dirty.
Speaker 1: He loved that finch and she robbed him.
Speaker 5: I know she robbed him.
Speaker 2: It makes me really sad she robbed him.
Speaker 1: She had a little bend en her on. Do you remember that track? What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: The finch? Stewet Little fell in love with a finch and then she was a bandit and he was trying to help her repatriate and get good again because she was an ex crim and she stole the mum's wedding ring.
Speaker 1: Oh that's I don't think I've seen Stuart Little too.
Speaker 2: Oh it's better than my.
Speaker 3: One second One's great?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the little Finch is working for a Hawk who's the mob boss. Yeah, and she steals the ring and gives it to the Hawk mob boss, and Stuart Little is distraught.
Speaker 1: Fuck that's a reach. I think the first plot is way more wholesome. They have to come to terms with the fact that his brother's a mouse. That's relatable. Imagine having a brother that's a mouse. It's a really good go actually.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh by the way, can I just say when I was in Tasmania last weekend, Yeah, we stayed at this gorgeous airbnb that for some reason was just trapped in the year two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: Oh well, why what makes it?
Speaker 1: Eight seven twenty p televisions not one HDMI called Inside Blu Ray Players and just the worst collection of DVD's ever. And they had Monster Zinc, Shrek and The Incredibles. But there must have been some sort of bitter divorce in that household because all of them only had Disc two, which is the bonus feature. Oh no, Disc one got taken in the divorce, and so we ended up landing on a pirated copy of Shrek two and halfway through the movie. Again, I haven't had to do this since like two thousand and eight. I had to reject the DVD and be like, because it was swashed, oh no, And then I was like, I really enjoyed Shrek two. Fuck, that was a good film. When I get home, I'm gonna watch Shrek the Third. Shrek's not on any streaming services. Oh really none, it's DreamWorks. That's the travesty, isn't it.
Speaker 2: That is a travesty.
Speaker 1: Shrek Shrek.
Speaker 2: When people ask what my favorite movie is, I say all the Shreks. Yeah, the masterpieces.
Speaker 1: I got to say Shrek the Third was not as good as the second. What happened? Oh fucking they find some long lost cousin Arthur because Shrek doesn't want to be the king or whatever, because the king is now a dead frog.
Speaker 3: The best one is the second one.
Speaker 2: Oh, the second one.
Speaker 1: It's a masterpiece. That's why I was like, I'm gonna wach Shrek when I get back to Sydney and I refuse to rent it on iTunes get back.
Speaker 2: You know there was a fourth as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really annoyed me that they didn't just say two, three, four, it's Shrek to Shrek the Third and Shrek forever after. I just put the number on it. Yeah, yeah, I know what happened in the fourth one. Oh, it's like some hypothetical where if they hadn't gotten together and Rumple stilt Skins involved or some shit. I don't know. It's like some sort of weird potion where Princess Frianda doesn't remember him.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: It's a reach. It's all a bit march, isn't it. Oh Shrek forever after?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, rumpel See I was in three d oh, yeah, it ain't ogre till it's Oh guys, what they're saying? All right? How was the abb? How was Canberra?
Speaker 1: Camera?
Speaker 2: Sorry? I pictured them both in the same sort of realm was just boring.
Speaker 1: Nothing the overseas. But it's not overseas. It's donning.
Speaker 2: It's overseas.
Speaker 1: It's stunning. I fucking loved it.
Speaker 2: Did you get the Spirit to Tasmania?
Speaker 1: Nah? I just caught it eleven o'clock Virgin Oh really? Eh No? It was absolutely gorgeous. And I did a coffee run one morning for all the freaking gay There was like ten of us, and I'm sitting there in this cafe waiting for them to make the coffee. I look out the window and I go, do you that mine's familiar? What's up with my beacon's field? Like that's where it happened.
Speaker 2: Is it still in operation?
Speaker 1: Nah? I did a gurgle hasn't been since twenty twelve that that really gripped me, gripped everywhere. I was looking around, going where did Tracy Grimshaw stand? Yeah? I remember that? Would I remember? It's so vividly, you should say.
Speaker 2: For those who don't know, the beacon Beaconfield's mind collapse happened in two thousand and six. I've just googled. There was a little earthquake. I didn't realize it was an earthquake. I was reading it only two point three on the Richter scale, not very big. Larry, Larry Brandt and Todd were three miners who were unaccounted for. Oh, because they were underground. They were trapped.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of them did die, but two of them, after like forever underground, managed to get rescued. They were underground for like two weeks and weren't they Yeah, and they were happy to like feed them fucking food through a pipe. Wow.
Speaker 3: They're like massive celebration when they came.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was huge. Hold on, they had to so they had to be there with someone who's dead. Yeah. Oh that's terrific.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. So so the twenty fifth of April was when it happened. When the twenty When did I asked, I know, remember that, Jenna, the twenty fifth of April. Why and then they were found because I'm telling you when they were found the seventh of May, it's almost the anniversary.
Speaker 1: We just passed. How many days is that.
Speaker 3: Sixth seventh?
Speaker 2: About fourteen or something like that.
Speaker 1: Two weeks I told you two weeks they were in the mind again, I'm right, we're no food. Well, no, they had food, because basically it was a very precarious operation because they're like, if we fuck this, you're all dead. You're under that much dirt. If we fuck this, you're all dead. So give us a couple of weeks to figure out how we're gonna get you the fuck out. In the meantime, we'll feed you. There were tube wow, yeah, the minus Yeah.
Speaker 2: They drunk groundwater seeping through the rock overhead, and they collected it with their helmets. Web also had a music bar with him, which he offered to cut in half and share with Russell.
Speaker 1: Oh gorgeous.
Speaker 2: The men initially agreed to wait twenty four hours to eat it, but they continually extended the time until they decided to eat it on the twenty ninth of April. They then ate small pieces of the bar at a time to make sure it lasted as long as possible.
Speaker 1: God, that would be the most frustrating.
Speaker 2: Ever, however, Russell later lost a large portion of his half when it fell out of his pocket.
Speaker 1: Ah fuck that. No, but in dirt? What was he approved? Did he get second ROLLTI?
Speaker 2: This is ruined dust? He throws it.
Speaker 1: I think I don't think that megans can be cheeked.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I don't think you're in a position to throw that Uncle Toby's oads bar at Russell. Wow, they're fine, They're fine, They're alive and well, good on them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a mini series in twenty eleven.
Speaker 1: I don't think I want to watch it. Any movies about people being trapped and like qastaphobic, No, no, no, fucks with me. Yeah, I'm so costa phobic. I can't even wear long pants on a flight, no matter how cold it is. I had the most freezing fucking legs when I rapped in Tasmania. But the thought of wearing long pants on a flight makes me so anxious. Wow, what did I just say?
Speaker 2: You said that you were on a flight and you also dropped a music bar.
Speaker 1: That was it? Now, wearing shorts on a flight makes you anxious. Opposite, Fuck, I can't wear long pants on a flight. That makes me out because I know you told me. Fel quite quite constricted as it is by being on a flight and there's like some motherfucker right there taking my arm rest or if I've got to having a bit of window so you can't even stretch my arms or I'll elbow glass.
Speaker 2: That's a good call.
Speaker 1: And so the thought of getting hot and like my forehead sweating, dis like with the long pests not too much, too much, So I rocked up with yeah, shorts intanse, and I froze my clid off. You would have You were good in shots.
Speaker 2: So you've got good legs.
Speaker 3: You do have good legs.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 1: It wasn't even fishing for that. Wow.
Speaker 3: True, it's honest.
Speaker 2: You just discussed a tragedy. It was nice to give it to Yeah. Well, I can't wait to see you this Friday night, Mitchell. It's going to be very exciting because obviously when this.
Speaker 1: Episode comes out, you will have already seen the show. So just give a prediction. What's your review? Go ten out of ten gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Thank you, one hundred out of ten.
Speaker 1: Feel free to elaborate.
Speaker 2: I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: What was your favorite gag?
Speaker 2: Oh, the racist gags that you had were really on the nose, and I was shocked that you went there, but brave.
Speaker 1: It was very brave. Yeah, Okay, that didn't happen. Oh wow, I sorry to break the fucking fourth wall, but no way did that happen.
Speaker 2: What if the curse strikes you because I'm there, because I've got the radio in me, and don't say that and your mic breaks out, pimples.
Speaker 1: I when I had a show in Adelaide, all the sound effects fucked up, and I had so many sound effects and cues and they were all very you know, comic timing dependent, yes, and the guy fucked it up. So now I'm too scared to have too many sound effects. So there's literally music that I walk onto and the music I walk off to. I can't risk someone missing the fucking queue sounds like the right call, So there's no curse unless they're playing my opening music off a CD and it jumps someone accidentally kicks the player.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what if you accidentally swapped the CD out with the Airbnb CD and it's the it's the director's commentary of Studart Littolf to escape to the Big City.
Speaker 1: Yes, they also had a part of version of Twilight, one of those ones where it's filmed in this cinema and it wasn't even close to scent it like it was filmed from the left hand row.
Speaker 2: And people stand up and walk in front.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people were fucking sneaking their fantails in there. You can hear the packets rummaging.
Speaker 2: When I went to Bali for the first time in August, I was looking for those DVD places that don't do anymore.
Speaker 1: They'd your self thumb drives. Oh that's They've got to get USBC to adapt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they really should.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get out of here. Better Pleasure podcast made you feel at least three percent better today.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 4: So we do, we do.
Speaker 2: We'll see you all in a week's time for the third annual Pig Week.
Speaker 1: Oh fuck, I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: You add a lot of people in the In the the Injuring Idiots group chat, there is also a group chat, not a secret group chat. You can join the chat and it's like a continuation.
Speaker 1: They talk every day. It's beautiful. Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 2: It's actually not really nice. I get so many, like so many messages about them, and it's actually really sweet.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The heeadle, I'm actually you're joining that. Yeah, it's injuring idiots. The chat on Messenger.
Speaker 2: We'll see you all next week.
Speaker 1: Be able to find it in the group basal Yeah, yeah, yeah, they're joining the group first. If you're not already there.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening, guys, five Stars, see you in a week.
Speaker 1: Five Barb Chugars Mitchell Is It Just Me? Podcast by a couple of mitches. Make sure you've hit to follow on your podcast