Speaker 1: iHeart podcasts. You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcast playlist and listen live on the Free iHeart app. Hey, this is Christian I am hiring. We're looking for an audio producer brand new one. I'm looking for a fellow free spirit to join all the other free spirits are on this show. Caitlin Rio, Tina Lockey, Josh. You could be joining us impact players, misfits. I'm looking forward to joining my team of radio rebels as we take the show national in January next year. So yeah, the role is a breakfast audio producer. I'm looking for someone who hears what others miss, can catch the heartbeat of a moment and turn into audio that connects, moves and wakes people up for real. So, if you love storytelling, we are a storytelling show, sound and creating moments that make people feel something. You could be one of us. If you'd like to join the mission, email me your resume work at the Christian o'connells Show dot com dodau. This is all on socials as well, but the even addressed to find out more work at the Christian o'connells Show dot com. Today. You hope you well here's today's show, Big.
Speaker 2: Love, Got anything good? Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: A stunning looking morning. It's gonna be warm today, Pats.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's going to be beautiful and sunny today. We're going for a top of beer with me while I go through. I know it's thirty one tomorrow and I think today is twenty five, but let me double check that.
Speaker 1: Listen ready for the show as head of news, have all the news ready.
Speaker 4: It's actually is.
Speaker 1: It's buried under in a handbag somewhere.
Speaker 4: And my lipstick under my bits of paper.
Speaker 1: He's on a different tap to the team won.
Speaker 3: Mostly Sunday twenty two, the same tomorrow, but thirty one tomorrow. Oh so summer finally here now, finally here about time.
Speaker 1: Yesterday we finally closed the door on our family home since we moved to Australia. Big moment for my wife and I when you're suddenly confronted with just a shell. It's just a shell, and suddenly your voices already echo as well because there's no furniture. There's literally nothing there. By the way, my wife said, must have said twenty times, you don't need to go and check in all the drawers and stuff like that. I've been through this house a million times. I found a drawer with all of our passports. Oh no, so they buy the house and our identities, Sarah, what about this lower draw It's the same in every hotel we ever stay in. Christ You don't need to check all the drawers. It's always that lower one. Phone charges in here. Yeah, all of our passports, medicaire cards. It was like we were spies. We were burning it, all your identities with the new house.
Speaker 4: Oh lucky that you were there, Christian.
Speaker 1: So as we were closed the door and sticking about this family home, you know, that's been our home since we moved here seven years ago. So much, you know, might not sound like a lot for a family home to be their seven years, but when you think about when we moved here, my daughters were just about to become teenagers. They're now nineteen and twenty one. They don't live at home with us anymore, they're at university. And then there's the two years that everybody lost in Melbourne with lockdown as well. A lot has happened in this house. And so anyway, as we're saying goodbye to our wife, wasn't really really emotional, so I thought, she needs a cheering up, she needs a premium steak dinner.
Speaker 4: Oh beautiful.
Speaker 1: I treat my lady right, which is why I've booked as a table at Squire's Loft.
Speaker 4: Oh gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's steak and what they also do. Alex, I don't know if you've ever had the honor yet since you moved here to go, you've got to get that change. You've got to go to Squire's Loft. There's something old school about it. Put it this way, right, They had a side of a jack of potato. I've not seen that on a menu in many, many years, right since the nineties. I had a ribby steak and side instead of a salad of a jacket potato. Yes, drown, but oh my god, this incredible old school mushroom sauce in one of those silver school canteen boaty things. Oh yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 4: It was so good in chips on the side.
Speaker 1: No, the jack of potato was a proper jacket potato. Pat You can't double up with cabs? What's up with this guy? What do you want to do? Blow up for Christmas? And chips? Two jack of potatoes.
Speaker 3: When the state came. Did have all those beautiful criss crosses on it.
Speaker 4: Yes, looked from the grill.
Speaker 1: Yes, the lattice affects you has quite an art. Oh my god, it was so good. Also, by the way, proper old school places this. When I was booking it online, you had to agree sort of check the terms conditions. We do not allow split tips and good someone has kicked off there. They've had too many bogans fighting there over the over a split menu of the split bill with it to have that in the tees and seas says that this is a thing. Also, everybody else that was there last night Wednesday night Christmas parties, of course it was full of like long tables and some dull guy getting up obviously the boss doing these speeches that no one was listening to. Oh my god, it was so good. Now, one thing in the move at the moment this week I'm worried about is obviously our life is this couple boxes and counsel. At the moment, I have forgotten where I'm worried that I've actually lost in the move. The Christmas presents. You know, I think most of us have a go to place. Don't we are hiding place. Yes, I don't know that we've only you know it's only our third night in the new place. Last night, I don't know the new hiding place. I don't even know where the presents are. They're so well hidden. I don't know where they are. Where do you hide the bets?
Speaker 4: I do it all the time.
Speaker 3: At the moment, I have got them in the car boot because I'll tell you why, Because Chris and Audrey always sniffed them out, and so I thought they'll never look in the car boot. And I am notorious for doing that as well. Where I will hide a present, where I will you know no one will find it. I'll know exactly where it is, only I forget where it is. I found an old rocking horse that we'd got for Audrey when she was about eighteen months old, I'm not kidding you, in a car boot up in the roof space and that's creasey. She was like eight or nine at the time. And I thought, oh, that's right, we got her a rocking horse that Christmas. She never got it because you.
Speaker 1: Forgot about a misplaced and in time, those rocky horses are huge.
Speaker 3: Totally forgot about it, this beautiful handmade rocking horse that we got at this sort of bespoke market when she was little.
Speaker 4: I thought, oh, I sure love that. Totally forgot we had it, found it up in the roof space.
Speaker 1: Did you give it to her now?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: No, I got it.
Speaker 1: Teenagers do not want They would probably still light the rocking horse, but they won't be want to be seen to asking for a rocking horse.
Speaker 4: No, but I do it all the time.
Speaker 3: I think I'm going to put in a really safe space so I don't lose it, but inevitably I totally forget.
Speaker 1: Where are Yeah, I'm still waying from a Christmas present that my wife has had hidden for three years. And as we were leaving the house last night, I went, at some point, when they move in, they're going to find that shirt you got me three years ago that I've never ever had.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, where do I hide the Christmas presents? I have a fake hamper with dirty clothes. I bury the presence under the dirty clothes. Safe. Bet the kids will never go anywhere near it. Then that's genius. They're never gonna hampty that wash them Christian. My mate hid all the presents in his car boots like Patsy did his car got stolen.
Speaker 4: Don't tell me that.
Speaker 1: I kissed a guy who started good a Christmas bonus, Christian. My dad used to hide the Christmas presents at the top of his cupboard. Once we figured out, he said, well, if you want to ruin the surprise, go for it. I'm not finding another place. That's a proper old school dad, isn't it where they just worked out what's the least amount of effort I could put into being a dad. I chat to my dad now and I can see him judging me, like, oh, you know, I'm worried about this, and I'm doing this for the girls and I'm worried about that. I can see him just thinking, you're doing it all right. So, Dad, I think you were a dad like in the eighties when it was the easiest time to be a dad. Yes, literally the bare minimum minimum. It was constantly go and talk to you mum about that. I don't know, go and ask your mum about that. I don't think I ever even asked my dad to help with homework or any school projects, because it would have been odd.
Speaker 3: You know Dad's now, it's so beautiful, how how involved dads are.
Speaker 1: And it's not because you want to be involved. That's why you have kids is to enjoy. You know, there's so much pressure on parents that to be the perfect parent. The most important thing is to enjoy having kids.
Speaker 6: That's why you bought in books and then through the rest of Christmas Day you just sit there reading books all afternoon.
Speaker 1: Yes, do something. Now, what have you done about Hardy because you got three young kids? Yes, Christian, So what are you doing about the presents? Have you got them yet? You've got you all the present sorted.
Speaker 6: I'm getting touchy, I'm getting stressed, I'm getting nervous.
Speaker 1: I went in yesterday.
Speaker 6: I said, Bonnie, We've got to buy some of these presents for these kids. He's like, no, no, no, why aren't we just waiting to we get up to newcast It all just north of Sydney, which is where we're going to be spending Christmas, and we'll buy the presents there. And I'm thinking, hang on, we're going to be spending a day or two just before Christmas fighting the stress and all the people.
Speaker 1: That's a recipe for recipe for disaster those shops are just heaving as well. Most of the stuff is gone.
Speaker 6: I know we're getting up there on like the twenty the twenty first of December, so.
Speaker 1: I'm getting anxious now anxiety.
Speaker 6: It was this Alfred Hitchcock moment, you know, when the camera sort of out. You know, it's like, no, are we really doing this because we can't take all the presents in the car.
Speaker 1: If we do buy them now, you go get one of those U haul things maybe attached them to a roof with a tiny bit of rope.
Speaker 6: We have one of those pod things, but that's back in Sydney. We're all over the shop, so we're going to have to wait till we get up there to buy the bulk of the presence. So just good luck to me all it is.
Speaker 1: Also it's queuing for all the by the way, what a great thing is of the last couple years where they go do you want me to give for up?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 1: It's always yes, isn't it? Yeah? Who says no?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, They do it so beautifully done.
Speaker 4: A lot of them too.
Speaker 3: It's great because our local plaza they've got the Salvos that do it each year.
Speaker 4: So you feel like you're.
Speaker 1: Also supporting a good courses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like gold coin donation and they do it beautifully for you.
Speaker 1: What I love about when they do the gift upright, so they wrap it perfectly and they do this thing with the ribbon. I don't know how they do it where they get something and they they can make it curl up.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you get the scissors, and how do people do that?
Speaker 1: Who teaches someone to do that? Oh?
Speaker 4: It's easy.
Speaker 3: You just like run it like you get It's the way you hold your hand and you just like to do something.
Speaker 1: With one of the blades of the scissors where they and it then coils up beautifully. There were certain skills in life where I'm always like, who told you to do that? It's like when I first met my wife and suddenly she would come out of the shower and she would do this thing with a towel on her head where it was like a couple of twelves and so that that instant kind of thing on top of a lady's head, and I'm like, how, what where do you learn how to do that?
Speaker 4: This magic?
Speaker 6: I've tried that with my girls and that's it's impossible. I don't know how you do it.
Speaker 1: No, no, we don't know. We don't have the right DNA. It's like a secret lady, a gami thing. All right, coming there, let me know where DoD you hide your Christmas presents?
Speaker 2: The Christian o'connall show podcast.
Speaker 1: Go on into Judy Christian. I remember nearly fifty years ago, rummaging through my mum and Dann's room searching for what I might be going for Christmas. I was tough to find a set of jacks, yes, and give my age away. Maybe you don't know what they are now. I used to play with Jack's Jackson, the rubber ball, those metallic things worsens are standing on a up some piece of lego was standing on some jacks. Do kids even play Jackson anymore?
Speaker 3: My grandmother used to keep wasn't the bone, like the real bone, proper bone out of the chicken to play Jackson. She'd wash it and put it on a window seal to dry it. That's how we had Jack's for the sheep's knuckle him something in the chook as well.
Speaker 2: Someone might know.
Speaker 4: And yeah, so we didn't.
Speaker 3: Have bought jacks with boats, Yeah, I know, like real.
Speaker 4: Off the farm.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, And you'd go around there and she'd have, you know, she'd done two or three roast chooks or something, and you'd think, oh, yes, the more jacks, and they'd be on the windows.
Speaker 1: Bone jacks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure it was out of the chuck.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to have to google. Can you still buy jacks? Are they still those metallic ones? It used to come like a set of like a load of them, didn't they with the with the rubber ball? I bet kids aren't playing Jackson? Can you ever look online? Are jacks still available? The metallic ones? I don't want any plastic rubbish.
Speaker 7: I've got the plastic ones which I'm used to. They are available at Big w for nine ninety five.
Speaker 1: They're still being sold. She says, there's still a demand for good old school jacks. Used to play all these games with them. I'm pretty sure one was called the Pig and the Pen.
Speaker 4: Oh remember that Jack's from the.
Speaker 1: Rooftop made all that happen, Christian. I have my presence in the kids linen cub day. Never go in there, Alex shop online, click and collect when you get to newcast. That's a idea. There you go, Michelle, Thank you very much, for that, Christian, I would say no to wrapping if it was Roan Atkinson doing it like in love. Actually see, actually, well he's clearly never done it, Christian. The beauty being a trade in the toolbox, we have our own hidden compartments and sections that you can put deliveries to protect the gifts in. Christian. Speaking of Christmas, did you know today is the most common day of the year for couples to split up?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Really, I didn't know that. It's known as breakup days?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, wow?
Speaker 1: Why now because it's Christmas?
Speaker 6: Pressures?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a stresses I could.
Speaker 1: Understand if it was like the twentieth twenty first twenty second, you know, when you're really up against it and suddenly go, you did get that full of gifts. That's the main problem.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast, All.
Speaker 1: Right, let's do some of your emails. We call this a late to the party hype lames the parts of your home for your emails. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Marie's got a story about half in and half out that we're talking about this week. Christian, I remember the time I got stuck half in half out. I was hanging some washing out and immediately locked myself out keys inside. I figured i'd climb through through a window. Whilst attemptingness, I stood on an ail sticking out the board. When I checked my foot, I managed to step straight into dog oo. I'm now angry, swearing I'd try to pry open the kitchen window. I got it open, but apparently shoes with dog peel on them are incredibly slippery on the kitchen sink. I ended up half doing the splits before giving up and climbing back out. Still stuck outside plan B, I found a long pole and managed to gel breakstyle reach across the kitchen to hook my car keys. By the way, there was a whole sp in London of crimes where people would put a long pole with a hook at the end of it through your letterbox, because you know, you'll just dump your keys on the sideboard by the door and then hike them on like it's like a fairground game, and then retract back across front door and out through the letterbox. Only about this once when the police were at my door and they were going around our neighborhood right door to door telling people not to leave their keys out the side because these hooking game gangs and shook gans sing out of Charles Sticker's movie Wondering the Streets were a long six rup pole with the nail at the end of it. So anyway, I said, I don't, I don't think that's a thing, and they were like, no, no, no, So we'd like to demonstrate to you right now, close your door where do you normally leave your keys? So now I'm in this strange scenario. There are two police officers constables right at the met police peering through my letterbox talking to me. I'm positioning where I normally used to dump my keys. They then get a pole and reenact what this crime would be. They managed to steal my car keys to police officers while we react to what might happen. Anyway, back to plan and Marie found a long pole mass to jawl brak star reach goss the kitchen to hit my car keys. Thankfully had the house kid hatch success and made it back in with dog poo still on my shoes, dog poo on the sink, a hole in my foot, and a strained groin from almost two in the splits. Marie great, I know that smell you never ever, But do you get rid of the did and those shoes? You can clean them all you want, You clean them all they want. You still smell that rancid smell. These shoes has gotta go. I love these shoes. They've been tainted forever with dog poo.
Speaker 6: You wash your hands about five times, scrubs and nails with that nail brush.
Speaker 1: You talk about old school things, do they still exist? The ancient game of jacks? And also nail brushes? Should we go around it? And Grandad's always had that nail brush next to a bar of soap. I come in the last way I saw a neil brush. Christian. Two years into our marriage, I changed up my routine and left the house at four am for the gym every morning. For one week, I noticed that the front door was always unlocked. I finally asked my husband why he was the door never locked. He looked at me and said, oh, my dad does that what I said, confused because we never ever lived with his tad and my husband hadn't lived at home for five years before we met. All of a sudden, the light bulb went off at my husband's head and realized that it has now become his responsibility, and he'd not been locking the door since we got married for five years.
Speaker 4: Oh there's something really sweet about that.
Speaker 1: No, he wasn't locking the door. Its the guy's job to cure the perimeters like he's dead, always did it is a grown man relaxt that's from Marie and Steve is over the last color week has been writing a poem about the previous week's shows. Here's his last one of the year from Steve. Steve, thank you very much for doing this. If you dig Patsy's car and he don't leave a note, be very concerned because she can be cut throat. What you have stepped on is the name of the game. There were lower leg injury to Granny Smith or was to blame in partner patrol. You can remain incognito about habits that annoy more than any mosquito. The second ashes t at the gabbarism must with added ear war with added earworm and other pom bites of dust. It seems both Gary and Barry live at North Pole. Perhaps Santa needs to exercise more self control. Or by the way, Reo is off sick today, so get ready for a new clause member Shazzar clause.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no thing.
Speaker 1: You got to know that Barry has a sister, a Bogan sister, So shaz A clause is going to be on the show in five minutes time. Seven years, Christian have flown by so many stories to tell with an exceptional team led by Christian O'Connell. Next year the show will be heard all across our nation. Gold of Fame will become the most beloved station. Steve, as always, you got an email or story for the show. Yes, we are on the last two shows of the year, but us my inbox will still be wide open over the next couple of weeks. Always Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com.
Speaker 2: Today you the Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to ten days of ian esmus every single day. We have a big prize thanks to Ian s and higher upgrading to your kitchen, bathroom and laundry before the festive season. Now some of you might not know this, but Santa has a Bogan brother called Barry Claus.
Speaker 3: Far reclauses come in at down Fair reclauses come.
Speaker 2: In a test.
Speaker 4: He's making a list You's truckers.
Speaker 8: With gifts like washers and dries and a bloody beef fridge fair re Clauses come in at down stopping at the Pub of the Crown.
Speaker 1: Barry Colaus is coming to town. Well this morning, Barry Clauses not coming to town. It was the Christmas do last night at the Grotto and Sandy Barry hit the shots and the taquita shots too hard. He's a little unwell. He's nursing a barocca right now. But there's another family member who is available who's more hardcore, and that is the bogan's sister that Santa has. Yeah, he might have heard about her, Shasar Clause. Who is on the line now, Shaza.
Speaker 8: Hy Chrissa Elia.
Speaker 1: It's great to speak to Shazzar Clause. So nice.
Speaker 8: I've got the call up this morning, a bloody stoke.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And were you at the works do last night at the Grotto? What were you drinking?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: I went, I went early and I had a couple of lemmies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the lumbriscos, lovely classy.
Speaker 8: They were a delight. And then I saw Barry getting a bit up and about, so I thought I'll leave, I'll go home. I had to do my beauty routine, and so I did that, and then I went to bed nice and early because I thought maybe I might be needed today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and did you watch a movie last night?
Speaker 8: Yeah? As I got home because I had a few lemmies, I was like, oh, am, I getting to the Christmas spirit. But you wouldn't guess what I watched because you wouldn't think of it as a classic Christmas movie. It's but it's Christmas themed. I watched my favorite girl, Sandra Bullock in while you were sleeping.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Oh you're right. I wouldn't really think that is a classid Christmas movie whatsoever, shaz.
Speaker 8: No, Well, it's a rom com and I love my rom com and it's said a Christmas time. So Sandy b she falls in love with this bloke, he ends up.
Speaker 1: You know, isn't that every movie she's in, apart from that one in Space.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no no.
Speaker 8: But he has a coma and then she falls in love with the brother while he's in a coma. Anyway, it's all a Christmas time and they have Christmas dinners and anyway.
Speaker 1: I thought, well, that's about a Christmas coma.
Speaker 8: Correct Christmas time.
Speaker 1: Okay, God, Jason, now listen, shassy clause, as we try and get you back on track. Shazick Obrio's back tomorrow. Shazow clause. What's the price? What's the prize today?
Speaker 8: It is a cracker. It's a higher five hundred.
Speaker 1: And by the way, you got some run with your sinuses because you sound like participating. It's going to bang that sinuses at the moment you got fat.
Speaker 8: No, no, that's just a natural voice. And I've just done a bit, you know up here up there.
Speaker 1: In North Pole. Yeah, some foss up the old cyprusis. Yes, it's very might just sell like a real nazy sort of young brat or something.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, no, but that's just it all year round.
Speaker 7: What a joy?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyway, that price, what is it anyway?
Speaker 8: Yes, so it's a quadant door fridge. It's valued over two thousand dollars and the best thing about it is it can actually stuck up to four hundred bottles of Lambrushco.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, we told these responsibly. You actually counted out find it hundred bottles of Lambrisco or stacked in there, rip out the salad draws.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Before I left the Christmas party last night was like, oh go and check it out. So I popped all the bottles that were ready for all the other lady four hundreds fit.
Speaker 2: It in there.
Speaker 1: Oh wow. And I know you loved wine from a box, don't you. Yes, absolutely, card Bordeu as you call it card Bordeaux.
Speaker 8: Yeah. And then at the end of the night, I just blow it up and I use it as a pillow.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, tell you what, Shusy, you're all car, Sharon, You're all car all right? So calling now? Then lines are open to win the quady, the four door fridge, or that's to hire an Ian s. Give us a call. Thirteen fifty five twenty two. Busy, busy, busy, busy time of the year. You need a great Toddler range fridge. If you need a brand new fridge, a quady, give us a call now.
Speaker 2: The Christian o'connall show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good Morning Christian, Good morning Martin. The original jacks game Christian, also known as knucklebones or five stones, was made from natural materials, most commonly the ankle bone of a sheep or goat. That's why you're might have been using the bones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're on a farm, they had sheep.
Speaker 6: Yeah, knuckles, you know, Yeah, knuckles you used to get and you'll have a sheep knuckle. And I was like, that's weird, but no, it's normal.
Speaker 1: His these days would never have any idea about what basic games we would play actually for hours. I still love playing jacks for hours. All right, So guys, we can't meet his chatting. We got shazy clause on the line at the North Pole. Reclauses come in, he's sick. Reclauses come in, all right, Shaza clause. Santa's bogan sister is on the line giving you a brand new fridge thanks to higher and ian es. Shazo, you're still there?
Speaker 8: Get a yes, Christian, I'm still here. I've just had my big bricky and I'm ready.
Speaker 1: In a roll. Yeah. How many week bigs do you have? Shaza?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: Easy?
Speaker 10: Four to five a day.
Speaker 1: I reckon wow w and you out on the jet ski later today I will be.
Speaker 8: Absolutely I think the North Pole is cold. That you are incorrect. We get out whether it's rain, hale.
Speaker 1: Or short lovely stuff. Okay, so today start probably shaz it is.
Speaker 8: Higher five hundred and eight liters black quad door three just valued over two k Christian, which is a rip up bit more than my jetekee.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get ash on now.
Speaker 10: Good morning ash, Good morning, Good morning Shazar, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 9: Morning.
Speaker 10: Now I'm desperate for a new fridge.
Speaker 1: What's the situation, what's happening, what's going on at home?
Speaker 10: Not only to store my lambusko, I need a nice place for that. However, yesterday, my poor kids, I've been blaming them. I have a very old, old, hand me down fridge. Turns out the seal was broken and it was starting to break than yesterday I got. Yeah, I got home from work and the place was like the bio hazards. So the fridge was given up. It's gone for holidays. Now I don't have a fridge, and I'm hosting.
Speaker 5: Christmas here in two weeks.
Speaker 10: So I have people that live with me. I have I look after my elderly grandparents. And we're Italian, so I've got the Italian Christmas.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, there's Christmas and then there's Christmas plus that's right.
Speaker 10: So currently have an eski and.
Speaker 1: I'm happy one. Then they walk it up at Christmas. It's on, it's big, it's she really is, yes, and I have no fridge, So what are using at the moment and yes, oh you poor thing. I mean kets have you got as well?
Speaker 3: Two?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Okay, hey listen, that's it we're putting all together. You are today's winner.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: You've got the brand new mega fridge, fod or so much Italian Christmas in there, but the old folks in it chill them out on Christmas Day they get the overheat.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much. And also pass on my love to Darry as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, he's nicely very King's ice hangover at the moment, just went big at the grotto works to last night. You hate to see it on a young lad like that. I really do you do? You're still on the line. I thought we'd faded you down. Ash. Have a lovely Christmas to you and your family.
Speaker 10: Okay, thank you so much, you too.
Speaker 1: I really hope berries back Tomorrow We'll start with Shazza clause bon Jovi Now last big prize to be one tomorrow on the show.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Do we know Have they cleaned up the offel on the West skate? That was the first thought I had this morning. Did they clean up all the offul on the West skate? Those are my waking thoughts today. All right, So we're going to do this the next half an hour. And it's I think something you'll enjoy doing this. I'm asking you to tell me about the story of your year in six words. Now. The reason why it's six years six words is it actually Hemingway, so that you can tell a great story. You don't need to write a great, big novel. You can tell a story in just six words. So this year, when you think about what's happened in your life, in our lives, in any year, there's so much change that goes on. There's so much joy, there's so much happiness, there's so much regret, there so much loss, all of it. What it is to be alive, us human, gloriously messily human. So I have a think about your year, and how would you tell me the story of it in six words? So to give you an example for me, I was thinking about this last night. How would I sum up this year another year of extraordinary just change in my life at home and at work? And I was thinking yesterday evening my wife and I closed the door, literally closed the door, and it felt like the closing of a not a chapter in our lives, but an entire book of our lives on our family home that we've had since we moved to Australia seven years ago. And obviously when we moved here, both of our daughters were on the cast. We're becoming teenagers. They're now nineteen and twenty one. They don't live at home anymore. We've sold the family home. We've downside. We moved out. Last night was the last night I closed the door. My wife was getting emotional. She said, Chris, I can't better close the loor. Can you close the door? And gon to go and wait in the car. I looked into that house and it was like at a museum. It wasn't a home anymore. It was like, this isn't a home anymore. Now this is somebody else's home. I felt like I needed to get out of here. And actually the new people they move in to that at midday and they've got young kids, they've already picked out the bedrooms and it feels like it's already moving on. So how would I describe this year for me? This year it'll be the leaving year and the growing year. Both of those things are in our lives, aren't they? So for me, it's like Jack at work leaving the show. Not the year I thought we were going to get this year on the show, nowhere near it. But Jack suddenly left the show and with all my love as well, and I wish him all the best. But Jack suddenly left in the middle of this year. But with that, leaving our youngest daughter and leaving home as well, tremendous growth as well. The show has changed Jack I hired. You know, when I start the show seven years ago, it's me Jack and Bats. Him leaving suddenly this year was a really big thing. I wanted, how were we're going to how were we going to get through it? How were we going to grow through it?
Speaker 9: But we did.
Speaker 1: I'm very, very proud of the show this year, and Real came along and Alex Kmberlong. So my WHI has been the leaving year at home, a youngest daughter moving out, and then Jackie Boy, which feels like another sort of kid I had as well, moving out the family radio show home. That's how would suone up in six words? For me, it's the leaving year, but also the growing year. It's been an amazing year. I've loved this year. There's been leaving and there's been growing. So yeah, that's it for me, perhatsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 3: I love that this for me, I think it's this version of us even richer, and it's kind of a little parallel to yours in a way in that Chris and I coming up to Christmas, have really been lamenting about you know, there's no Christmas Elf anymore. There's no going to visit Santa. There won't be making the reindeer food to leave out on Christmas Eve because Audrey is going on, you know, very close to fifteen now, and it's like where have those years gone? The years are going so fast, but what has replaced it is this beautiful you know, we're pivoting into this beautiful, rich sort of experience with her as she grows into her herself. So you know, she's really into a theater this year. We've been to two live performances with Odds and just seeing her shine and in her element. She's sung in front of the school a couple of times, and she's just got into this amazing peer program at school for next year. She's charting her course as she should, and to see that as a parent is just beautiful and so Chris and I, Chris and I have got to catch up to that. So we feel like we're doing this massive, big pivot and it is it feels like a really big year in that we're setting the course for twenty twenty six. We're all, you know, doing our own thing and rocking with that. But the major thing for us is our home life and just axling into her new orbit and moving along with it. You'd know what obviously what that's like with the girls, but.
Speaker 1: It's a big thing. People don't talk about this from mums and dads, right They talk about what happens with the kids and the teenage and stuff that You're right, that age to al is out now that fifteen sixteen seventeen girls were going through that, they really start to see their character being revealed. You know. It's like it's like a flowers in unfolds bit by bit and you're like, oh wow, okay, and it's a marvel. But also then what you actually also need to put your attention on is night is finding meaning in this second part of our lives and what that is for you. That's been the big thing for Sarah and I this year is like working out all right. It suddenly like they give you the gift of time, they give it back to you and then you have to go, oh, yeah, what are we going to do?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What next?
Speaker 3: And that's the thing we're finding, you know, as she's going out to parties and sort of socializing more. It is just more of Chris and I, which is beautiful, and rediscovering each other and knowing that that friendship from you know, because we've been together over thirty years now that it's still there, which is really beautiful, and it's like, well, what would we like to do tonight?
Speaker 4: Do you know what I mean? Like, it's just it feels yeah, why not.
Speaker 1: It's a big ear for you, Chris and Andrea at the language.
Speaker 4: There's three in this real liflationship.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so that's where no, that's where we're at. Is just trying to, you know, keep up. It feels like a marathon.
Speaker 4: It's like, okay, we're here now, this is a really nice pace.
Speaker 1: But do not think my time. Since I've known you in seventy years, I think this year that you've also grown Patsy as well. Yeah, i'd like to think so already has as well. You're constantly teaching your kids a lesson, and I don't mean the ones that you say in bore them with. I mean how you actually handle and live your life. That's the biggest. The kids are always watching us, who're always teaching your kids a lesson, And most of the lessons don't involve words. They watch how you handle your life, your joy, your pain, your anger. They're always watching you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. It's like a mirror, isn't it when you have kids, it's like a mirror.
Speaker 1: Of I think it's more like a hall of mirrors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, at a sideshow more to the point. But yeah, it's actually quite beautiful. And to see her forming her own opinions, and you know, we can have discussions about world affairs and or simple as just sitting and watching our shows together.
Speaker 4: That's just the best.
Speaker 1: You're an awesome mmy. You and Chris the great parents, as are you.
Speaker 4: Thanks man.
Speaker 1: All right, So tell us what is this story? What's this year for you? Twenty twenty five? What has happened? Tell us the story of your year in six words four seven, five, three, one oh four three will go through yours next.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell shaw go on podcast.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for everyone who's telling me the story of their year twenty twenty five in six words, Christian met the love of my life. That's from Max, Congratulations Max. Julie's is menopause, insomnia, laughter, love, loss, gratefulness, six red if our Natalie toxic family cuts off, never happier Natalie, congratulations, Luke never building a house again. Yeah, it looks quite easy and approachect. I mean, sorry on the block, doesn't it. Marny reunited with first love after twenty seven years. Marny, Congratulations, that's incredible. Christian My six word year, unimaginable, heartbreak and unstoppable, motherly strength as nothing as fist as a mother's strength, and love keeps coming. They're great. Tell me the story of your year in six words and text me oh four seven five three one oh four three News and Sport on the way next.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 1: What's this year?
Speaker 2: What is your year?
Speaker 1: In six words? Uh, tell me all about it? Oh four seven five three one o four three. Fiona, Big year for our Fiona, move to Paradise, Ballana, love it beautiful, par say Christian my year hard work. Employee of the year. I love this one National champion shot put ruptured ACL sorry to hear that. That is a rough way to end the year. Karen her year in six words, life changes are doable with friends. That's lovely, Karen Janelle Morning Janelle six word year, heavy year, friendships formed, book born. That is a lot good on there. Congratulations on the book birth thing as well. Someone's said there a lot good on the shit chaos, Gremlins, Gremlins. You got gremlins, Christmas chaos, Gremlin's growth, Family understanding evolving, Alex, what's for you? Big year for you and your family? You now live in Melbourne? Oh my goodness.
Speaker 6: I've been shaking just getting ready to talk about this because it's been such a massive, massive year for myself and my family.
Speaker 1: Wild is a good word for it. Christian.
Speaker 6: You know, I've sort of reflected on it, and it's funny. Bunnie and I look at each other often and say, can you believe we're living in Melbourne now? We just have those moments and it's just been an incredible year because my six word year is ending much better than it started. It started pretty badly with my departure from the Today Show, and I was in a real funk.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what I was doing was going so much as wall. You're a guy who's had a really successful career as a journalist, right, You've got to do some stuff. You must have had so much shame around that as well. An unfair and unfair way to be let go of a job as well.
Speaker 6: Oh definitely, and so small, so sudden as well, and so unexpected. And yeah, it just left me and my family in serious limbo and we're like, what do we do now?
Speaker 1: Where do we go?
Speaker 6: And so so started a few months of looking inwards and reflecting on what comes next and where I go with my career.
Speaker 1: There must have been a scary time you were a dad with three young kids as well, terrifying terrified it was. We thought, this is it, this is the end of my career that you've built up. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: I was getting offers from mates to go and work on their nurseries, which was nice.
Speaker 1: You know, I had to do something, and luckily I had.
Speaker 6: Some other things going on with particular sporting clubs like the Penwrith Panthers, who are fantastic to me.
Speaker 1: And then and you became their actual mascot for a couple of most tie we don't talk about those moments you're in the outfit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the things I had to do Christian the cart wheels.
Speaker 1: Hey, dads have got to earn a coin, exactly right. But then again, your good self came along.
Speaker 6: I'll never forget that phone call, that our long phone call out of the blue, really and we got on like a house on fire. And here I am in Melbourne to so thank you to you and this wonderful team. What a team this is we got to We're blessed. We have a lovely team here as well. I hope it comes across all that.
Speaker 1: If you ever enjoy the show, that is one hundred percent because of the team environment we have here.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: It all comes out of that.
Speaker 6: It's all embracing and there's an enormous amount of support, which I haven't always had in my past jobs, let me tell you that much. So it's just a really lovely place to be and so exciting for next year. I'm so blessed, so thankful and just cannot wait for what comes next.
Speaker 1: All right, Keithy's coming. They're lovely by the way, and it might take you a bit of time to think about it as well, because when you look back over you so there's so much you actually forgets what's upen because actually we don't. We're rarely in the present. We're always looking ahead or trying to strategize and manage today, next week, Christmas, in a couple of weeks, time, new year, the job and work. You're constantly you never hear, You're always somewhere else. And actually, when you take a moment to reflect, which we never do, we're always constantly somewhere else. And even before the show, we're all talking about next year, because we are. I've spent seven years of my life all building for next year. I can't wait. But I've had to remind myself that actually, right here and now is that is magical. Was wondering it's not going to get better because I've got a national radio show. It's allowing yourself to receive just all the blessings we've had everything this year. Sometimes we're always like, oh, when I get to that place, life will be better, And it's the wrong way to live your life. It's all about now, and you look back at your year and like what you've been through that have been so much laughter in your lives. This year, to me tears so much unbearableness of it all, so much joy, so much excitement, all of that wonder as well. So take your time think about your year and it might be something you want to sit down tonight with a pen and paper and actually write out a few goes of it. That's what I did yesterday too, about half an hour to really fine tune to what this year has been for me, the leaving year and the growing year, and then send it to me to right if you want. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au, the.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: I reckon we could publish a book with all these sharings, each one a page of somebody's life of the year. So much happens, doesn't it in a year. There's no such thing as an average year of any of our lives. So we're asking you we always do it. At the end of the year, reflect on your year and then tell me the story of your year in six words. And for those who are thinking about it, maybe you're busy, you're trying to get the kids to school, and you know you wait for your exam results today as well. Good luck to everyone is actually you have a think about it today. And the thing that actually, when you do this and you think about the story of your year in six words, we are story machines. As human beings, we're constantly making stories about our lives. Who we are, who we don't think we are, how much joy we're allowed, how much anger we're allowed to be, and all these family stories. When you start to write the story of this year in six words, it reminds us that we can edit at any time the story of we think we are or what the year was. And you might find that you start out with one version of a story of this year, and then when you spend a bit more time of it and you go under the surface of it, or maybe take a bigger perspective of all of your year and what you've been through, the story can change, and you can edit no matter what's happened to you this year, no matter what hardships you might have been through, frustrations, the things that you didn't get you thought you deserved. You can tell your own story about what that is. And knowing that and editing it and crossing out and retelling that story is an incredibly powerful thing to do. We can always edit the story of what's happened to us in our lives at any time. Alex Christian, I six words, failed foster dog and now have four dogs? Is that a feul? When is a foul not a fail? Alex? Congratulations to Steve, one of our very lawal listeners and ocog Christian of six Words. I turned sixty and I'm in perfect health. Congratulations Steve. That's saying someone because I know you're a Carton fan, so that the stress of being a can't found to still how perfect health is amazing? Melissa tough? You for Melissa breast cancer tough. More positives are though. Now I hope you're doing well, sending you lots of love. This person hasn't put their name on it. That's a lot going on here. I've been trying to understand this for the last couple of minutes. I just read it out. Best friend affair with sister's husband. Oh, steps back in amazement. Yeah, wow, best friend affair with sister's husband. So are you reading this guy? So her best friend had an affair with her sister's husband. No, Now, women are smarter than men. Tina's going no, No, no, no, no, no, what am I missing? Tina? What do you think that is? I think you're right.
Speaker 4: I'm agreeing with you.
Speaker 1: I'm just shocked. So her best friend has had an affair with her sister's husband.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm reading.
Speaker 1: And that's shocking, I think. So on Caitlin's a bit more wise and you see it all. What's up?
Speaker 7: What I think the sister's best friend had an affair with her husband?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 1: Yes, Sometimes during the show I replied to some of the text messages that come through, right, I can't reply to all of them because there's hundreds. I am going to reply to you right now, even if you don't want me knowing an air I need to know what's happened here, all right. We're going to take it right when we come back. Yes, it'll be the last name game as in of the year. But in the Yeah, we've got an hour or so left on today's show and it's the last show of the year with us all tomorrow, so we've got about four hours left together. There's a phone in that I came up with yesterday that I really want to do before the end of the year. Yesterday, when we're doing one of the odds. I read an email from one of you who lives in Ballaract called Karen. She was saying how basically she found the love of her life. They've been married twenty five years, You've got two kids in a McDonald's. Okay, you know we've been talking last half an hour about the twists and turns of life. Life happens everywhere in life where there's a McDonald's drive through. She found love. She found love in a McDonald's drive through. Where did you find love? Love in an unusual place? I want the stories of where did you find the love of your life? It isn't how the movies do it. I've not seen there in so many great rantic movies in rom coms. You ever seen someone finding a husband at McDonald's. Well, that's what happened to Karen, so finding love in an unusual place. If you've got a story, I'd love to hear it.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 1: Have you Found Love in an Unusual Place? Karen has? She shared our story yesterday during What Are the Odds? She's the manager of McDonald's, been married to the guy twenty five years, two kids. These stories are amazing. Christian and I found love on the fire ground. We are both Sea Fae volunteers. Good on you, thank you for doing that. I found my husband at fire He was the incident controller, Brackets the boss. Our first coffee dight was a Macus. Merry Christmas. That's from Marlene kl. Merry Christmas to you as well. Marlene met my fiance at the local pizza shop seven years ago. I would go down every week to get a pizza just to talk to her. Found out she had a boyfriend. I then moved to Queensland. They broke up. She came to visit me for a week. Two months later she moved up to Queensland to be with me. We're now back in Melbourne with our one year old daughter. We get married next year. Christian in March. Congratulations, that's amazing. Mark mark Stone met my wife playing World of Warcraft the mesa game ten years ago. We have two kids now. Could be happier, happier that's Mark in Point Cook second one met their wife at the local pizza shop. Hey listen, if you're struggling to find the puplit personnel, get down your local pizza hut. Dominos they're waiting for you. We're celebrating forty four years of marriage. They had pizza shops twenty four years ago. And Christian is the clarifying anonymous here you got to write, my best friend had an affair this year with my sister's husband. Steve's on the line, Steve, you found love in an unusual place and just ten minutes ago to talk about that amazing team.
Speaker 4: And the wheels are falling off.
Speaker 1: Forgot that you have to put the callers throat on radio. That's the way it's always worked, Steve. Yeah, I'm here, Steve, I'm here. You're there now, Steve, where did you find love? Mate? On the road? On the road, on the ride?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I was a traffic control. I soa. I was the guy that's holding the stop and slowed back yep. And I had this lady decided to come her and I stopped her and as I had some guys to work in there. Anyway, next thing on, I let it go. Then she's come back again and again and again until she's decided to stop and hand me off her number and said, doll's cute. And twenty two years later, we're still together and married and have five children.
Speaker 1: Wow, so much? Stop and go, stop and go, stop and go too much? Going enough? Stop?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wow wait what a story?
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, real fields are quite determined. So if you got what you wanted in the.
Speaker 1: If you're a keeper, I can tell im just speaking, I just can just feel it. Steven, Steve, thank you very much, your story mate. You have a lovely Christmas. Okay, take care No, thank you you too, by much.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Have you found love in an unusual place? No swiping? Going to get pizza from too Cheese Pizza in Lilydale. That's happened to one of you thirty years ago. Found his wife there. You make it sound like she was just waiting. Hello. I'm your wife, Christian. I met my new love on stage in Gilbert and Sun production. That's great, Christian. My husband I met at a volunteer tourist railway. We've been married now for two and a half years of two children. Congratulations. Met my partner at the footy club during a function where I asked if I could have some of Hello Dorito's Hangy Supremesir. Six years later, we have an old boy. He's called Dorito's No I name my firstborn Dorito Bud. He's got her at the end. He's like an Australian name. Kerry. Good morning, Kerry, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Good morning guys. I was watching local cricket one day, sitting in my car. The bowler who is back? He bowled the guy here to seek That went straight through my wing screen and Mark and I are now married forty years later with three kids.
Speaker 1: You're kidding. He literally knocks you for six Yep, how's that? That's an incredible story.
Speaker 5: So I'm making him pay through the wind screen, right.
Speaker 1: Kerry, I love that. Thank you so much for sharing, mate. Have a lovely Christmas.
Speaker 5: Okay you two.
Speaker 1: Kylie, welcome to the show. Hello hello Kylie. All right, so you found love in an unusual place? Where was that?
Speaker 11: Yes? I was set up by an ex on a blind date. I went out with him for a couple of months and then he found somebody, and then on our wedding day he ended up in hospital. And that the long story short. We're still married thirteen years later.
Speaker 1: So an X, your ex set you up on a blind date?
Speaker 11: Yeah, an X set me up on a blind date with a guy who goes I reckon he'd be perfect for her. After we split up, we still kept in contact as friends.
Speaker 1: Generous thing for him to do.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and then he set me up on a blind date, and then yeah, and then thirteen years later we're still married.
Speaker 1: Incredible, And there'll be a lot of people listening right now, younger kid who won't even know what blind date is? Crazy to explain actually what it was. Do they still happen now? Blind dates? People still do blind days. I guess appsolute placed it now now anyway, kindie, thank you very much, phone call mate and have a lovely Christmas.
Speaker 10: Must buy.
Speaker 6: What I must day?
Speaker 1: Kay? Then I knew that was you only to say that that's great. Look Rio's not here today. There's a lot of running around behind the scenes.
Speaker 7: It's a busy day.
Speaker 1: It's a busy day, isn't it. By the way, Kaylyn, you've had a big year on the show. What's your year? In six words?
Speaker 7: My year in six words would have to be I really know.
Speaker 1: Who I am? Oh my god, that's beautiful mate.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and this year has been a big year. It's a lot of change in the show. And here at the show we are like family, so this we see each other more than we see our own family. And there's been a big change. But I've also felt like I've really come into my own in what.
Speaker 1: I do on this show, and you definitely have, Youane, what do we doing on the show?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: You've been working with what three years?
Speaker 7: Three and a half nearly four?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, we've been.
Speaker 1: But I really do feel like this year, you really yeah, you found out who you were more than what the role is or anything like that.
Speaker 7: It's more about who you are, Yeah, and how I fit into the show and what my skills.
Speaker 1: Oh, my friend, we fit in around you. Ye, we all around you. My friends. Don't cage yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah that's true, that's true.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I feel like that. And then at home, you know, I'm getting married next year to my beautiful partner. We've been together for ten years and we've had an up and down relationship because yeah, we've had some struggles, but yeah, we got engaged the year before, and this year has been about getting ready for next year, but really really feeling like, oh, we're in a comfortable space now, like this is the person that I'm going to live the rest of my life with. We want to have kids together, and just knowing that I'm really happy with where I am at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never seen it. It was always an eternally sort of happy person. But I really feel like it's a more grounded happiness this year.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 7: Grounded happiness is a really beautiful way to put it, because that's how it is. Without saying like I'm comfortable. I'm just really happy in my spot and being a bit boring. Grounded is where it's at. I've never felt more like myself and really understood and being happy with everything that's going on around and I'm broad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we never really understand. It takes time to learn how to be us. There's no help in that. There should be. You know, all those kids getting those exam results today, I feel sorry from the way because you think the game is you get this number, that number is going to determine the rest of the course of your life, and us old fart's going to know or don't work like that. No, it does get up with that whatever the atar is, and I hope you get what you deserved, and no doubt a lot of the kids have worked very, very hard, but it does not determine the rest of the course of your life.
Speaker 7: Absolutely not. I got a terrible result for what I did, and look at me now.
Speaker 1: I don't think we're I don't think we're an example. I well school, and this is what happens. If you don't do very well, don't get the atar, you'll end up on the radio, forced to do breakfast radio for the rest of your lives. Down the salt mines of radio.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, you talk about finally love and unusual places. So I met my wife and a crowded Frankston Line train. It feels like a line in a Paul Kelly song twenty eight years ago. That's amazing, Richard Christian. I also used to date a waitress at two Chi Pizza Lilydale. Three listeners have found partners at Lilydale Tucci Pizza. It's a hotbed. Christian. I used to date the waitress at Tucci Pizza before I met my wife. Imagine if I'd ask for home delivery. That sounds rude. Christian. I met my now wife of almost fifteen years on a Kentiki tour back in two thousand and six. Sean, I met my partner twenty five years ago. We were both happened to be working at a chicken farm, gutting chucks. We have three boys and still together. Christian I married the barista from the local cafe, went daily at work, flirted for months. She randomly asked me one day if I wanted to come and play with two dogs she was house sitting. That's not you for missing. I don't know what okay, madam, mind, I think I understand what's happening here. Christian I was supposed to be getting my first tattoo, booked in with my friend's brother, who is an apprentice at a local tattoo parlor. Yeah, that's something we don't want apprentice doing. Yeah, maybe an apprentice plumber coming around or something. But a tattoo anyway turned up, but he had to cancel. I'd already sighted myself up that today was that I was getting my first tattoo. So I walked over the road to a completely different tattooist, fell it in love with the lady that did the tattoo. We've been married years ten years.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 1: Podcast Friends, It is the penultimate time waster of the year twenty twenty five, not one, but two Best in show, briss Premium, free Range Christmas Ams down at the Freeing Butcher Club app today and to unlock Memoroni deals, the recipes and giveaways today because when we come back in January, we turned one city into five cities as this breakfast show goes national from January the nineteenth, when we're all back with you. So thet's do Melbourne movies. Yes, everything changes in January, but this is a gift to all the oc OG's Melbourne movies. Best in two, best in shows today. Then for your Melbourne movies you get Christmas Hams all right, Melbourne movies. You ever see the movie There Will Be Blood with Daniel day Lewis, violent movie. We'll see the worse wear a Bee blood.
Speaker 4: Oh no, come on bronze minus Yeah, I forgot.
Speaker 1: I should put the guest market Todays from that neck of the woods.
Speaker 7: It's a beautiful wearribe.
Speaker 1: F It's gray loose. What about oh John Elston Wick?
Speaker 4: Oh good Gold.
Speaker 1: Yesterday Phobia, great movie? What about tak Noophobia? Very very very poss spiders chat shack Oh yeah gold. This is a sad story. It's called the Collingwood Identity. He doesn't know who he is, but he's got nineteen tattoos. Who am I? Gold and throw mama from a trugger Nina. I love the place. Trugger Nina. It's a pleasing name to say.
Speaker 7: It's a trugger Nina, Truggannina.
Speaker 1: It's Nina, Nina, trugger Nina. Yeah, yeah, I know you should know.
Speaker 4: That is a gold.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, Kaitlyn. What have you got there? Melbourne Movies.
Speaker 7: All right, there's a pastor in this movie, Lady and the tram Oh.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I know what it was like at school when you got the supply. Teacher was of sick no silver.
Speaker 4: Silver, what about you?
Speaker 1: Me and the g Oh no, that's good, that's good. That's gold.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 7: This one's a great movie. The We're a B movie.
Speaker 1: This is a bit obvious. Come on, yeah, come on. It a couple of moments to get these all right silver.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, this movie is a movie from Frankston. The Devil Wears fake braa.
Speaker 1: Through shade on me. That's gold plus Christmas Ham slice for you.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show penultimate time waste of the year. We go back to how it started right here in Melbourne before we go national in January when the show returns Melbourne Movies. Our guest marker the supply teacher producer Caitlyn good morning. All right, you're ready to mark so Katelyn, not one but two Christmas hams okay too, thanks to the brilliant Butcher Club. Thank you, Gang Dingley village people. I don't think the village people had their own mood for you not changed that right now?
Speaker 8: Great one.
Speaker 7: It would have been a silver, but it's a bronze because it's movies.
Speaker 1: You me and where a bee? Good Silver, Vince Elward scissor hands Silver. I love this one, very Melbourne. Captain hook turn.
Speaker 7: I was trying to get a hooked t me till I couldn't figure.
Speaker 1: It out, but Joyce did it. Gold Affulheimer. I mean barely a week goes by. It's not spilt on the Westgate. Afful Heimer, well done, market work, Gold Mornington Glory, Gold, is that Mitch well done? Jackie Crown, not Jackie Brown, Jackie Crown Gold, Cloudy with a chance of Melway's Flindarella Silver Fross Edmonds World to Saint Kilda mocking Bird. Yes, the blair Gowy Witch projects, Bromze, I am tram Brahms, Brote back Melton so very good enemy at the Westgate.
Speaker 7: Yes, I feel that on a on a yes, cloudy with the.
Speaker 1: Chance of Melbourne weather. Let's go John Brunswick, Oh good one who is winning the Christmas hands broke.
Speaker 7: Back Melton absolutely and I'll go with Oh, I forget the last one.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that's the end of the show. Supply Teacher.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast