Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast Milden's Gold one oh four point three live from Level two twenty one to thirty one Goodwood Street.
Speaker 2: Reshman.
Speaker 1: This is the Chris Jian o'condinal Breakfast Show on Melvin's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Good Morning, Happy Tuesday. It's the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, God one A four point three for a one blinds show number sixty five US. Today comes down to Grand Final. We have a shopping list, some extra help we really need before the big Grand Final just under two weeks time now. Adam Hills Hillsy's on today's show. I love Adam Hills. It's a lovely guy, funny guy. He is on his in Melbourne as well. Hills He's going to be doing five Tip of Tuesday with us helping out on today's show. And also we have more Phil Collins tickets. In brand new game, we will return to the mouth drumming with Phil. However, it's a brand new game. All we need to know for now is is called how many fils.
Speaker 2: Too much controversy in the drum game at the moment.
Speaker 3: Anyway, pull down Jack and then we pick it Buck up later on this week, whole load of emails, drummers around the world listening back to it, writing down phonetically how it should be, contradictioning each other. It's a big area. We've unleashed a can of worms. I want to start off this morning by talking about things you may have brought online. So easy now to order stuff online, which means it's even easier to make a mistake. And if you've had a few drinks and you go and shopping online when you're a bit juicy lucy, have you guys ever drunkenly brought anything online?
Speaker 2: I've done some recently.
Speaker 3: Have you what do you buy?
Speaker 2: After the success of our songs sing It for Melbourne, I started to get into my head that maybe I am a songwriter and that's my call. I bought two guitar pedals last week, one distortion pedal, one loop pedal, so I'll be my own like Itsuan.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah? Have you seen him live? Do all those incredible It's an incredible show, just one guy and what he can do with those pedals.
Speaker 2: So I've had it for two days now. I can't really do what Ed does, but.
Speaker 3: When it's taking him hours and hours. You know, he's Malcolm Gladwell, thing of ten thousand hours of practice.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to buy it and.
Speaker 3: Jumped straight into being ed cheering. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Someone in the day when we were talking about, you know, yesterday Shore, we were talking about mixtapes, and I saw about how cassettes they would slow down. Sometimes. If you listen to a warpman the Badge of raw some one time, there's a he's got that, he's got that pedal on for his guitar.
Speaker 2: What to slow your guitar down?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it sounds almost like when cassettes used to go slow.
Speaker 2: Why would you want that?
Speaker 3: Because it gives it more of an old film sometimes and he can pick up but.
Speaker 2: You think that you say that he's broken, and you're like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's quite right. The speed doesn't sound right. And so you did those drunkenly.
Speaker 2: I did those drunkenly.
Speaker 3: Do you remember the next morning what you've done? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was in I wasn't I wasn't crazy. I was just when I wake up the next morning, I was like, that was an interesting shopping interesting parts.
Speaker 3: You ever done this?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Not really.
Speaker 4: All my purchases are well thought out. Even if I am under the window.
Speaker 3: Another way that Pat Scoll's being drunk under the weather. He's not pretty well again. I'm gonna need more of that medicine in that bottle. It's the one with a screw top. Yeah, I'm going to say the sheer rats on it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to need a doctor's note because I'm sick.
Speaker 3: I've got I've got quite a history in this, and I want an argue. My wife said, why haven't you still ordered the ironing board? Right and it's now sort of late in the evening. I was like, Hi, I don't want to know any more right now. She's not right now. It's the point being petty about right now. And I didn't realize that din my glasses on I ended up until two days later when three ironing boards turned.
Speaker 2: You must have been really under the weather.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, three ironing wars turned up. Then there was a big Sopranos fan into my favorite TV show ever and going on, eBay, you know some cars, Now, this is a good idea. If you're over the livert, the car will lock up. You can't drive it away. I think our phone, Yeah, I think it's a great idea. I think our phones and computers need this as well. Where blow into it anytime.
Speaker 2: You're putting in your credit card?
Speaker 3: Yeah, can you just blow into this little thing in your laptop? I just knock it. You've had a cover to eat, step away, come back to in a couple of hours ago. I had no business going online and getting I got into a bidding war for this. It's said online on eBay. It was a shirt warm by James Gandalfhini in an episode, and you know I was. I'm having that. There's some nerd in Alabama trying to buy it, and I'm not. I'm not going to be out bit by a kid in Alabama. I'm going to come compa blow him out of the water. I still way too much won it for about six hundred dollars. I'm going to get this frame. This has been warm by James Gandolfini Tony in an episode. It's not just so nice him a bit much nice. It's a talking point in the house. I'll get it in the hallway. But what's that Tody Spoiler's shirt? It turns up it's clearly one. It's it's a tiny shirt and he was a big dude. It wouldn't even I wouldn't even get into it as clean as the fake, and I spent far too much money. However, after this.
Speaker 2: Luckily though, you've got three ironing boards, I.
Speaker 3: Actually bought two. Into the radio show and caven to listen.
Speaker 2: Three of the same, exact same mine you're shopping.
Speaker 3: I totally forgot i'd even ordered one. The guy turned up with three and went, jeezus, you really need dining bolls. I don't remember ordering any of these. I do need one.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So we're talking about things you brought under the influence when you've been drinking or drunk. And a friend of mine. I can't say too much about he works.
Speaker 2: He's an actor, an actor we would know, yeah, or British famous.
Speaker 3: I can't say anymore. Okay, he has been discussed on the show by one of our One of our callers a couple of weeks ago mentioned his name Hugh Grant. No, no, no, this is not Hugh Grant's story. No, I've got Hugh Grant stories. They are not.
Speaker 2: Broadcast until we know who it is. I'm going to pitchy Hugh Grant.
Speaker 3: But we'll know it's not him, okay, right, So this friend of mine, if you're still up at two am in the morning, rarely does anything good happen. What's assuming bed at two am? Okay? That kind of our you know anything that if you're up to something at two am, it's really a good story, right, you should be in bed. He is up, and this person has been drinking heavily, okay, and he is This person is obsessed with movie memorabilia and owning it. Sure, he's in movies himself, not movies all TV actor okay. And anyway, he's having a look on eBay. And as I was said earlier, there's a whole you know, so many different things you can buy there, and the prices go up, up and up.
Speaker 2: Yep, Hugh Lurry.
Speaker 3: It's not any shoe part of the shues anyway. So he's obsessed with the movie Planet the Apes, right, right, So he starts the good stuff he can buy from the movie Planet the Apes, right, and then somehow it takes a swerve. He ends up getting to bidding war and it ends up spending over twenty thousand dollars on his credit card twenty thousand dollars on his credit card. He Hammy doesn't know what he's doing, and obviously he lapses and goes to bed. Where does him go to bed? His collapses? Right, A couple of days go by, just remember anything about what he's done or what is football until he gets a cool from a sort of customs department at London saying that he's got to pay for something which has turned up and he's sort of paying another five thousand on top to get this thing for the shipping fees. He still owns to this day. You got it seven years ago he owns a chariot from Ben Hurt. It's in his garden. It cost twenty five thousand dollars the chariot, and it's legit. It's got all the bit what it is a chariot and Chack made a really high spec because it was attached to a horse for filming at the movie years ago.
Speaker 2: From the movie Ben Hur another good talking point though, now when you're walking around the backyard. Yes he can help, but notice the chariot.
Speaker 3: A chariot in your garden is it? Talking point? The kids can sit in it, you know, you can have a bed in it in the evening. But imagine that twenty five thousand. What did his partner say things things ended when there's six months of that. I think it was I think things are bad anyway, He's a chariot. Why did he didn't tell them about the chariot? He kept the charity in the divorce as well. It's just one of the few things is that you're not saying I don't want your chariot.
Speaker 4: At least you could use it as a Chrissy ornament, you know at Christmas time.
Speaker 3: There's so much you can do with the age.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: There's a clip going around. You probably see it there on today. It's going to go viral. Food Fighters Dave Girl proven once again he's the nicest man in rock and roll. Dave Gone Food Fighters doing a gig. He spots someone in the front round they've got David Bowie t shirt on and he brings them up on stage, starts doing a cover version of under Pressure, gets them on stage. I was jealous of the person who's brought on stage, and not just that they always know all the words. Yeah, you never see the video of them screwing up. I always forget ye.
Speaker 2: From the start again.
Speaker 3: You know, when we give away the ten thousand dollars given screen, it's never if I got that.
Speaker 2: You know, you just have a white out under pressure.
Speaker 3: You know, people people call on this show struggle with just trying to do the Phil Connor's drum bit of they kind of do that, not this, remember the lyrics up there. I always jealous with the people that get pulled out and sing on stage.
Speaker 2: It's also amazing how quickly food fighters can throw that kind of thing into their set, because they did it last year with who's the Rick roll guys?
Speaker 3: Rick Cassley?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ricks. So they saw him in the crowd, brought him on stage and they did never going to give you up live? But shows that big, You think that the like the rundown for where.
Speaker 3: The song is rehearsal to match up.
Speaker 2: I didn't think they could just throw in a like, all right, now we're going to play a David Bowie song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not like a karaoke juke box. Will they just que in any song? You know? Can you do that? You're the best? Yeah, because in the crowd that wants to get up and sing You're the Best by Joey bean Esposito. That's the only I'm going to do under pressure with?
Speaker 2: And what if there's only one band member who can't do like David Bowie. So they were like, all right, let's do under pressure. This guy can sing it. Let's go. And the basebay goes, ah, sorry, how's it going?
Speaker 3: Wants that?
Speaker 2: Can I google some sheep?
Speaker 3: Use the one life on Mars follow us? Yeah, whenever you see that clip, it's always someone nailing it perfectly. Maybe we should try and find people today who have actually been on stage to sing live. Who are these chosen people that get picked up at gigs? Or are they plants?
Speaker 2: Do you think you would put your hand up for it? So I say you're at your favorite show, all of notes.
Speaker 3: And Darreld goes who wants to join us on stage? For you? Had to touch my hands up the straightway I could have been waiting for my whole life. He points at me, and then the moment he picks me, I'm regretting it instantly. I'm not sure I'm ready for this in my life. I should have been rehearsing for weeks.
Speaker 2: Rill start crouching down in the crowd, so you can't see you anymore, and you lay low.
Speaker 3: And point someone behind it, you mean spotlight on me, and everyone's the crowd was moving around with me, and as it walking up and going the bit. I only even really know the last fifty two seconds where Darrell's yelling out of touch, out of time. I don't know the best of it. Can we can you kill him? It's the last fifty two seconds. Don't you have a guard the I'll join in down with you guys.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: You chot say how to win another one thousand bucks?
Speaker 2: Do you think you can find it?
Speaker 5: The three song connection for the new Johnny English.
Speaker 3: Movie Johnny English is back September, the twentieth third Johnny English movie, starring the Great, the Genius Roman Atkinson. Johnny English strikes again, very very funny, very very funny kids movies. So we're doing is Jack's got his game? I'm very funny about it. I guess the three song connection one thousand dollars on. This is gonna be one right now?
Speaker 2: What is the common word between the three songs?
Speaker 3: An English theme again? Tying in with Johnny English. They're all English bands, all right. Listen, man, that's a tough one today.
Speaker 2: You said make it harder.
Speaker 3: That is really hard the crowd.
Speaker 2: The common word might be in the artist's name or the song title.
Speaker 3: Sneaky Pete. That's not a guess, by the way, Listen the crowd. Let's toughest one so far.
Speaker 2: Any ideas. Don't say it out loud, but any ideas.
Speaker 3: How do you want me to do it to you? On morse code? It must be great plan playing charades around at jack Space. I will telepathically communicate my guess and you telepathy communicate that's right or wrong. Listen, mister crowd, let's.
Speaker 2: After just say yes I think I know, or no, I don't think I know.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know because I've got a guess, but I don't know if this is the right answer. So do you know me?
Speaker 1: Easy?
Speaker 3: I will write the stations combinations you have to rights in with the answer. You have to wait about week before you went yay, well done, Dave, All right back, letting you know you have one? All right, you can give us a call. Now, what's your guess or the three song connection? You could be winning one thousand dollars ninety four one four.
Speaker 1: One oh four three, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: Do you think you can find it? The three song connection for the new Johnny English movie.
Speaker 3: Johnny English is Back. Rowan Atkinson is back as Johnny English strikes again out September the twentieth one thousand dollars too will We won every single show trying to guess the three song connection, so as Jack said five minutes ago, every day on this because it's Johnny English, they're all English bands. This is the clip. This is really hard this morning.
Speaker 2: I think the crowd, let's just up. There's a common word in either the song title or the band name.
Speaker 3: I think it might just the penny might have just dropped. Not sure we'll find out. Seany White, good morning.
Speaker 6: Hey, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty good? Sean Hope you well this morning? What's your guess? What's the three song connection?
Speaker 6: I think the connection is real Royalty.
Speaker 2: What are you thinking? Sean?
Speaker 6: Yeah, just I thinking because it's I think the last band was Queen. The first band, the Cold played it was about the King and all that and and then I don't know what the second one was, but I thought, well, two out of three ain't bad, so go with that's a good song as well.
Speaker 2: Uh you close short, Well you're not close, You're wrong, but it's a cool guest.
Speaker 3: You're closely right, closely wrong, one of those, Dave, good morning are Yeah, I'm pretty good, Dave. What's your guest for the one thousand dollars? Well, to be.
Speaker 2: Honest, someone were actually really listening to the whole thing and I just said, you say that they're all English fans, which is.
Speaker 3: What I was going to say.
Speaker 7: So that's probably a bit too obvious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but what a great way to give away a thousand dollars. Repeat back what we say. You've given us an idea for another game one day, Dave.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 7: They're all English fans.
Speaker 2: They are all English fans.
Speaker 3: Middle band with Iron Maiden. By the way, can I play with Madness? Great soul?
Speaker 2: Good clue for the next person?
Speaker 3: Well yeah, Josh, there you're going right, So that might have helped you. What do you think the answer is the.
Speaker 7: Answer is the word play was cold play? Can I play with Madness and play the game?
Speaker 3: Well done, Josh, you deserve the one thousand dollars to say this again. Then let's just sucker sneaky. See what we play was the common word?
Speaker 2: Play is the common word Joshua, one thousand dollars richer, Thanks for.
Speaker 3: Playing well that absolute.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold one four point three.
Speaker 3: People keep warning me, by the way, I'm getting very excited about the moment about the weather that's coming.
Speaker 2: You be prepared for summer. I guess that's what we will keep going.
Speaker 3: You're not going to handle it. You're going to break down. Your pommie's not made for this kind of weather. You're going to struggle in the heat. Don't leave pommies in a in a lock car even a little bit window down for us. Okay, people keep going to me, woo, you're going to struggle. Am I going to struggle?
Speaker 2: Well, it's not till January February that we're really going to see how ad coke. Yeah, it's only because you guys panicked about a twenty six degree heat wave in London. That's hot, that's it'll be. It'll be up to there today and then comes summers when you get the forty degree days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that'll be beautiful evening and continues into the evening.
Speaker 2: Let's return to this conversation in February.
Speaker 3: You in februar, Okay, see you've probably missed Jack. All right, it is less than two weeks until this till What what has happened to the can you kick it? Bed? Christian Breakfast Shows?
Speaker 8: Grand Final said, Grand News Kick is yes, we're on the search for Melbourne's gren with the longest kick.
Speaker 3: Eleven days to go? Get back in there. What's with the eleven days ago? That is not how I said yesterday. It seem more of a eleven days ago like a big countdown. What's going on with that? Let's hear it again?
Speaker 2: Shows?
Speaker 3: Grand Final Sat.
Speaker 8: Grand News Kick is, yes, we're on the search for Melbourne's gren with the longest kick.
Speaker 3: Even days to go?
Speaker 2: No, right, no, Because it's a funny voice that makes it sound like a joke. Competition is real.
Speaker 3: We think we've got to give these old timers to the respect they deserve. Eighty five grands now have entered. They got on tours It tomorrow midnight or Thursday? Yeah, Thursday midnight, yep, to get involved. We're hoping to get one hundred NaN's coming down one hundred grammies and you.
Speaker 2: Don't hear the AFL finals.
Speaker 3: Going eleven days tonfl. Why this is because he's an NRL fan. He's not an AFL fan. Whenever we talk about it, he starts NRL. Whenever he's watching n ROW, he's working on his guns, his five hundred girls. As I watch NRM, it's a real man spot with punch each other in the nuts. That's a plane and watching it. Did I see you yesterday in the pancake parlor? So you can't get enough of that place at the moment. And you probably already know, like Jack, for a limited time you get a free kids meal with any adults meals.
Speaker 2: Right, And because I don't have a child of my own.
Speaker 3: You're still doing that ship where my little kids in the car? So can I get the free you know I've told you about that pancake parlor? Onto you JACKO right? We can't keep trying that one, all right? So this is what we need is happening September the twenty second, eleven days ago. That's how it needs to be. More like that. Here's what we need. We're getting loads of grands eighty five grands have already stepped forward and said we want to try and kick the ball the furthers. The Grand that kicks the furthers gets one thousand dollars. We have a location, a venue, a mecha of sporting success.
Speaker 2: Is the Bulldog's home ground, the VU Witten Noble in Footscray. We can't wait to get down there Saturday, the twenty second of September.
Speaker 3: Eleven days to go. All right, So here's what we need. I have a shopping list of things we need. Now we are we are talking to some trophy people, but we need a trophy. And the problem is is they don't have any women doing the amazing sporting stuff on the top of the trophies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then they have male footballers.
Speaker 3: That's wrong. So we need something to give to the winning grand that represents the power, the majesty of the grand kicking the ball, the furthest So we're looking for spoke trophy and that's proving a bit troublesome so far.
Speaker 2: Well, and then the other thing that you requested is that it was at least five foot tall.
Speaker 3: The trophy needs to be a meter and a half.
Speaker 2: He said, it needs to be as tall as the winning grand.
Speaker 3: It does so, but can someone help us with this? It might mean two or three listeners, like a carpenters does some bit, you know, and a forger does another bit. But we've an't got what A forger a forger, and forge blacksmith A blacksmith. That's it, she said, with a lathe carving out a grand kicking the ball, you know, the fire, Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: The lines are lighting up there a furnaces right now of Melbourne, a cooling us.
Speaker 3: So we need a trophy maker. But someone who can rise up and make an amazing, huge trophy prod. You said, Brad this morning was getting in my ear go and they're it's going to dump it by the soil of the road. The cranies aren't going to more hard rubbish and and tell you what, before the royals get tidy up this city. I don't see any more beds and chairs and tables outside the front of your how Okay, I just can't, But I know what the royals like. Okay, They've sent me the reason why I'm over here. Really, I've been part of the advanced party. I around them two weeks ago. I said, look, it's a bit scruffy, it's a bit messy, but it's a great city. Come on over, maybe your house.
Speaker 2: The other day there was a trampoline on someone's.
Speaker 3: Two weeks anyway, Okay, so trophy makers also, look, we've got a lot of people coming down. You can come along and cheer the ground. So the grands are going to be that. I need to guarantee grand safety. What does this show we stand on grand safety? Now, we can't have some young bouncer with old neck tattoos or something like that, looking like Connor McGregor. It's going to unsettle the grounds. We need someone of their age. Are you a retired former bodyguard bouncer? You might have worked for one of the armed services who can run security for us, And we need a granddad's someone their age. They trust some twinkly old silver head fox, you know, and what are we giving?
Speaker 2: Do you give him your peace and walkie talking and stuff's.
Speaker 3: Probably got a hearing aid already sick hear all of this? All right? So we needed a granddad head of security. Could this be you? We also need paramedics. We also need umpires adjudicators because when we're noting down the kick this is going to be I'm making you now, head of data.
Speaker 2: Okay, what a good idea. So if I'm out there with the tape measure.
Speaker 3: You need someone working with you that can capsule all that.
Speaker 2: In fact, I need to yell out like twenty one meters and fifty centimeters and then they put it into a computer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we need someone who's got format doing that, umpires, adjudicators. We also need the We need banner makers. Yeah, I mean, when is plently a two week lag. We haven't got two weeks. We've got eleven days.
Speaker 2: We can get it done, all right.
Speaker 3: Banners and we need Tommy it does all our film. But he's just a one man band normally for us. We need extra people, extra sets of hands to maybe film students or people that can come and help film this glorious event.
Speaker 2: Oh so yeah, want grandma and grandpa. Film operators, camera operators. Young guys, you have to speak up.
Speaker 3: We don't have that old fashioned path day news opre eat film. Okay, I'm being rude and disrespectful here. I'm thinking that's a person for younger eyes. You know, the latest state of the art technology. Okay, all right, so this is what we need that's the shopping is. Can you make the trophy head of security, a granddad head of security, ParaMed it's adjudicators, umpires, banners, cameras. Give us a call if you can help with any of that night. I don't forget. We still need a blacksmith that I mentioned a blacksmith live in your furnace.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 8: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Shows, Grand Final, Grand News Kicking. We're on the search for Melbourne's Grand with the longest kicking.
Speaker 3: Eleven days to go, No, Brian, it's eleven days to go, eleven days to go. Still got a lot of things we need your help on Melbourne. So we've got my shopping list for the Grand Final. I need you out where the big oversized trophy must be at least one white, five meters tall and have a granny on the top of it casting silver. We'll accept Ron's kicking of the ball. Are you a former head of security? We need a granddad head of security, an old timer, someone who's on the level with the grounds. Okay, not a younger guy is going to intimidate paramedics, umpires, adjudicator, banner makers, camera men and camera ladies as well. If you can help with any of that, please give me a call. Nine four one four one four three Kylie. Good morning, Good morning, Kylie, welcome to the show. Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 7: I'm not really impressed with you.
Speaker 2: Why would have I done wrong?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm a paramedic and a critical careness and I believe we're about the same age. So being a grand myself, you might want to knock it.
Speaker 1: Off with it about the same age.
Speaker 7: Crap.
Speaker 3: Well no, yeah, I mean actually I'm glad you brought that up, actually because while I was doing there, I did that on urpose, Kylie, to teach Jack a lesson or two about how not to address people on the radio. So than a good lesson. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys.
Speaker 3: So can you come down, Kylie? Can you help us out?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I Ken, would you like a vehicle as well?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a proper ambulance.
Speaker 3: I worked for the High Quity Transport Service, where like the critical response team of the non emergency side of ambulance.
Speaker 2: And you think that would give you one of the advans.
Speaker 3: It's any need at the weekend? Sound like a company.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like the company guy.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You get to user of the weekend for non emergencies like going down Carls to get your shopping. Yeah, something like that. Yeah. You've got your bags for life in the back of it on the stretcher. Yeah yeah, yeah, just get a bit of parking with and you Sten Kylie, this would be great. See you're free Saturday. The twenty seconds to come on down.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I can come down.
Speaker 3: Oh you're a star.
Speaker 2: Are you in the vehicle right now?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not.
Speaker 6: I've just finished work.
Speaker 3: Actually you've been working overnight. Well done, Kylie. Thank you very much for working so hard to keep Melbourne safe. Kylie, meeting you. We'll see you on the start twenty second. Thank you all right, just Gotlie Daniel Yo, Hey, going pretty good, Daniel. So I'm a shopping this. What can you help out with, buddy?
Speaker 7: I can help out with the trophy.
Speaker 3: Are you lying from a furnace right now?
Speaker 7: Oh I'm not. I'm not right at the furnace. But yeah, I do do a lot of laser cutting and steal art, so I'll be happy to make it.
Speaker 3: So what do you do? What do you do for a living?
Speaker 7: I run a steel art company.
Speaker 2: I'm a boiler microboard trop a modern day forger.
Speaker 3: This is brilliant still art. Have you got an Annuel?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you've got the big old leather kind of apron that you wear.
Speaker 7: Oh my, this has just got me an apron? Who she likes me wearing it?
Speaker 3: So I'm trying to use some of that one as well. Look he's in the bedroom, the blacksmith.
Speaker 4: With your monkey mask.
Speaker 3: It's a different one. If they can't confuse the genre.
Speaker 2: The monkey can't beat the boiler.
Speaker 3: Maker, or could they? What could happen anyway? Listen, so can you make us a large meat on our sculpture with a grandmother kicking the ball on the top? Yes?
Speaker 7: Definitely.
Speaker 2: How heavy is that going to be? If it's made of steel and it's the size of a grandma?
Speaker 7: Christian could lift him. I don't know about you.
Speaker 2: I'm glad as.
Speaker 3: Daniel give you a company a plug? Who do you work for? Yeah?
Speaker 7: It's steal a lot of Australia.
Speaker 3: Australia.
Speaker 7: Yeah, look it up Facebook.
Speaker 3: And now the thing normally about these plugs is you tell us where to find it or face what's your your website or Facebook page called but otherwise we can find it. We'll put up on our site.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's just called steal. A lot of Australia love it.
Speaker 3: Good name Stealer Australia. Get on in Australia. Hey Daniel, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Out stay there, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 3: If you build it, they will come you sneak and I said Blacksmith. One's called him.
Speaker 7: Terry, come on, Christian, are you pretty good?
Speaker 3: Terry? Could you be the head of security?
Speaker 7: Well, look, I'm a little concerned actually because I don't I don't know if you appreciate the fact that that dealing with women of this at this level of maturity to be a bit like hurting cat.
Speaker 3: I'm not now, Terry.
Speaker 2: You might have had that Trish had already got in trouble.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're a wild bunch. So Terry, you reckon you need a team working with you?
Speaker 7: Well, look, I think you might need a team. I wonder if he's given any thoughts of equipment that you're going to need and you're going to need the.
Speaker 2: Treatment and.
Speaker 3: Right, I can't keep them in a cage.
Speaker 2: Cage, Terry, you know where you're getting a security going to get the grannies safe if nan to keep us safe from.
Speaker 7: You. See, now that's the problem. Jack. I don't think you've actually thought it all the way because I'm getting that only one grain you can actually win the prize. What's going to happen when all the others.
Speaker 3: We could have a nanny Serina Williams on our hands, right.
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: So tell us what here? Did you used to work for the police or the army? Are you former bodyguard?
Speaker 7: Yes? You have done that, done with those or not the police? But yeah, h military and bodyguard for the years experience.
Speaker 2: Who have you been a bodyguard for any high profile names?
Speaker 3: Darryl?
Speaker 7: I can't tell you that now give us a clue. It's not Wills, not relevant.
Speaker 3: Whoa I love it.
Speaker 7: This would be probably one of the biggest challenges.
Speaker 3: Right okay, Terry, everything else you've been doing last twenty years has been building to this point. September the twenty six All right, Terry, thank you very much. You killed myte We got our head of security.
Speaker 1: Everyone the Christian who Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: If you want to come along to cheer all the grands on and to be honest, however far they kick it is all good with us. But if you want to come down to be part of it Saturday morning on Saturday, the twenty second of September, we would love that. And another grands will as well be a great atmosphere. We get a daylight today. They deserve a great day and a great morning and it will be a lot of fun down this if you do want to come along and cheer them on, even if you're not by your grant isn't even going to be kicking on the day. It is going to be blast. We are really really looking forward to this.
Speaker 2: So it's at the witten Oval win Noble ten am kickoff. Is that what we're thinking?
Speaker 3: Yep. And I've you told you that they need us down there from half seven. You've got to be down there at half seven just.
Speaker 2: Doing what, putting cones out and stuff, cho doing what, doing what?
Speaker 3: It says, Who make me the Christian?
Speaker 1: Who Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three the Christian?
Speaker 8: You know Connell Breakfast shows every week? Some tickets every morning at set thirty am you'll chance to win tickets to the biggest shows in town.
Speaker 3: Yeah, up to the next ten weeks saying time looking in seven thirty Gold one four point three This week all about Phil Collins Live in February now doing two shows at Amy Park February, the first on the Friday Saturday February the second Amy Park. Get your tickets now through ticket Tech, but we've got them for you to win. Every morning at seven thirty. What's your tickets going to see Kevin Hart lifeon Jovi? Sure she's come back to say goodbye to Melbourne. I saw the poster yesterday.
Speaker 2: But where's she going? Why is she saying goodbye?
Speaker 3: She goes back to be re animated. You know they keep on nice for five years, crunk out of the Mama Mea and then anyway. All right, so Phil Collins tickets yesterday. We will bringing this back this week because it was too much fun yesterday doing the mouth drums too in the air tonight.
Speaker 2: How many drummers though, did we get overnight complaining that we weren't doing it properly?
Speaker 3: Yeah, writing it down an email form what it should be. We're missing the kick drum part of it. We're just focusing on the drums and the and then the kick kick part. Hard to do that on.
Speaker 2: The radio really hard. I practice on my way in Yea.
Speaker 3: It should be like sound.
Speaker 2: It should be like it.
Speaker 3: I'll do it slowly, please.
Speaker 2: Do do so? But is the kick drum?
Speaker 3: Do do do? Do?
Speaker 2: Per do do per do do pugh? And then it doesn't really sounds at my wedding night.
Speaker 3: Anyway. Okay, what we're doing today is you're in so much trouble when you get home today.
Speaker 2: Did you ever remember what's on your wife walked down the Christian?
Speaker 3: How many feels? That's what today's game is called. How many fills? I've got the height of Phil Collins and I converted into various things here in the city. How many fils? Would you like a little demo around with you two? All right? The length of the Murray River? How many feels es is the long river laying down? I mean to toe, head to toe.
Speaker 2: He's not real tall. I'll go I'll go like fifty two thousand fills.
Speaker 3: Fifty two thousand m.
Speaker 2: Do you think that's too high or too low?
Speaker 3: I really don't know.
Speaker 4: All right, I'll say one hundred thousand fills.
Speaker 3: One point four nine two million fills. A lot of fils, A lot of films all right, that's how the game works. Then how many fills are we asking you? Two callers? We gets three questions. How many fils all be asking you? How many field conins? Do you think lying down or standing up on top of each other?
Speaker 2: So are these feels? Is the field standing on another field's shoulders or does it feel on top of another field?
Speaker 3: I'll explain more because each question is a different kind of feel. You need to calculate how many fills cool out to play when your field connors tickets The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's gold one over all poetry? How high? How old? How wide? How far? How many fields? How many feels? So I worked out yesterday the high. I was just genuinely curious. You know you google anything these days, just wasting time. I've seen him before, I've never interview field. I've seen him. I was curious, So how high is he?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: I wanted to go to a game of how many feels? Christian? Maybe tomorrow could you find out his weight? How many philograms? And Shane in Shane this morning? Input where you're from? Shane to take credit for this, give you kudos you deserve. It's this game measured in filometers. Very good, Shane, Yes it is. They are not meters anymore. They are filometers. All right. Then, so I've got a load of things here in Melbourne. How many fels? Let's meet today's two contestants. Good morning, Liz, good morning, your big Phil Connins fan. Absolutely, we're about to find out how big a fan you are in our How many fiels? Game? All right, Liz, good luck, Simon, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty good, Simon. You're obviously a big Phield Collins fan.
Speaker 7: Yeah, definitely, all right.
Speaker 3: Let' see if we can win you the tickets. So how does work? Then I'll ask you both the same question. You need to tell me how many feels. Let's get started then. The height of the mcg light tower eighty five meters. How many fills do you think that is? First of all, let's go to you, Liz, how many feels?
Speaker 2: Fifty?
Speaker 3: And let's go to you Simon.
Speaker 2: I'll say fifty six.
Speaker 3: It's actually fifty one point five filimeters Liz, Liz, you're in round one. All right, let's go for the big one. This took us about half an hour yesterday checking all these distance from the Earth to moon? In Phil Collins, how many fils for the moon? How many filometers? I can hear people typing right now, it's not going to help. How many filometers from here to the moon? If you want to work out how many meters it is, we've already crunched the numbers. It's over three hundred and eighty four million meters filimeters.
Speaker 2: That's confusing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how many million meters? Three hundred and forty eight, three hundred and eighty four million meters? How many fillermeters? How many field coins from here to the moon. Let's got a simon. First of all, that's our simon. First of all, I'll have a guess at sixty five million, sixty five millillion filds toty thifty is all right? And Liz, what do you think? Uh?
Speaker 6: Two thousand, two hundred and eighty five.
Speaker 2: That doesn't seem like enough.
Speaker 3: Two thousand, Phil Collins to get.
Speaker 6: Eight thousand, that's different?
Speaker 4: Confused everyone?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Let's can we lock in the guesses again? I've forgotten timon. What's yours?
Speaker 7: Sixty five million?
Speaker 2: Liz?
Speaker 3: She's right now? What do you even type?
Speaker 2: Two hundred and twenty eight thousand?
Speaker 3: One hundred and twenty eight th rightwng on, I want to get this right. Producer BECKX and producer brand their life for not the schools? Right now? Is that quart of a trillion? How many? How many fills is that? What does that say there? How many is that? Two hundred and five million fills? I don't reckon that's two hundred and five million?
Speaker 2: It could well? Why are you handing me a piece of paper where they're working out they either got it wrong or right. Two hundred and five million fills from here to the moon. So Simon's got it on those calculations. But I mean you trust in Magood.
Speaker 3: And yeah, yeah, two hundred bucks to Simon? Who get that?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 3: Is one or going insto? The last question? Usain Bolt took nine seconds to run one hundred meters? How many fills in one hundred meters? Final question, Liz, what's you guess? Yeah? Off Google instant guess forty forty? What about you? Simon? For the film coms tickets.
Speaker 2: One hundred and sixty, We're going to have this one's easy.
Speaker 3: It is fifty nine point five two three fields in the one hundred meters, okay, which means Liz, Liz, you got the tickets. Awesome, well done. You have to go and see Phil Collins life. Did everyone understand that game? No, I don't reckon we've got any of this right. I reckon. We're dealing with the complaints for this game four weeks.
Speaker 2: Then do we dare open the door of how much?
Speaker 3: How many fields?
Speaker 2: In wait tomorrow?
Speaker 3: I'm just not sure that we got that right. About how many Phil Collins on top of each other to get from here to the moon. I'm pretty sure I failed my mass exam at school. I'm pretty sure that's a quarter of a trillion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Adam, do you think that sounds like twout that Adam come in?
Speaker 3: Adam is really Adam's. Adam Hills is a smart man. I reckon he will be the tell us.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can be a smart man, but you can't necessarily calculate how many Phil Collins from here to the moon in a minute.
Speaker 3: This is this is the number morning he'll see.
Speaker 9: I'm so glad you called me, and I've been few. I've been listening and fuming about this outside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so this is what magoo, reckons the producer. Yeah, two hundred and five million, two.
Speaker 3: And five million, it's two hundred isn't that a quarter of a billion?
Speaker 9: No, that's two hundred and five million, is it's Yeah, it's definitely two hundred and five. Okay, here's what I've been Here's what I've been shouting while listening.
Speaker 3: If the first one was.
Speaker 9: Eighty meters, right, and that was about fifty four colins Is. So basically whatever the whatever the figure you give is, it's about five eighths of that because it's.
Speaker 3: Fifty You've lost No, I'm kind of get let me do it again.
Speaker 9: So you said eighty meters was the first thing that the MCG lights out, Yeah, and that was fifty four collinses.
Speaker 3: Yes, So whatever it is, it's just over half fifty, I get you.
Speaker 9: Fifty to eighty is just a little bit over Okay.
Speaker 3: So it's a rough rule of film. It's a rough rule of film.
Speaker 6: Film.
Speaker 9: It's what my granddad taught me when I was a little kid. The rough rule of philm is it's always just over half.
Speaker 2: So you're saying it's about three hundred million, three hundred.
Speaker 3: And eighty four million meters the two hundred and five that's just about half.
Speaker 9: So that's about whatever figure you throw at me.
Speaker 3: All I have to do is go justake.
Speaker 2: That paper for him, right, all right, all right, one one on the fly quickly. I'm one point nine meters tall. How many fills tall? Am I? You are?
Speaker 3: Listen? One point nine meters tall? Yep? That how many fills in that? Yep? Okay that is just under hang. No, now I'm gonna I'm back with I guess Adam Hills is now in a bad mood because of this.
Speaker 1: The Christian who Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three especially guests this morning is Adam Hills. Now. The last time I saw you was a week before I finished my radio show. I finished the radio show that we did for twelve years, and then emigrated that night. It's quite for London. I saw you week before, and I must have been like a kind of rabbit in the headlights. So I was terrified.
Speaker 9: You were quite jittery. You were quite jittery for nine thirty in the.
Speaker 3: Morning, and I thought, wow, he's really.
Speaker 9: Pumped after he's been on radio. But no, no, no, you know I mean Christian. You came to me, You asked me everything you needed to know about Melbourne were.
Speaker 3: You were actually really really helpful because I think it was starting to get increasingly scared, like, you know, it's just going to be okay, and it was too late to change anything, you know, panic was starting to set to him. But actually you were really really helpful. Well, I'm going to be trying. I'm going to be the voice of doom. Now it's not working.
Speaker 9: Because I was listening on the way in and they were saying, of course you've never had a summer here.
Speaker 3: No, I came in the winter, came in May, and I.
Speaker 9: Know you're quite confident about dealing with summer. Wait, I just want to put everything in the perspective for you. Okay, I've just come from an English summer. Yeah, hottest and forty forty one years and the average temperature was probably about twenty seven and a half.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 9: That was That was That was heat wave. That was people not knowing how to deal with trains not working and guessing it all trains literally trains not working because it was the wrong type of heat. That was that was a headline, the wrong type of heat for the railway lines.
Speaker 3: Okay, so how do you think what's gonna be like for me? Here in January February me put this into perspective.
Speaker 9: Today is the warmest day it's been for a while. Four months, four months, okay it is. You know springers on the way, you know that first little burst of up there's.
Speaker 3: A little bit of small it and see it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's twenty four degrees right, that is. This is why I was listening to that going You are not going to code all right?
Speaker 3: Yes, if you took.
Speaker 9: Four degrees the three market, that summer is on the way. This isn't summer. I've got to reinforce. It's not going to hit twenty four and stay like this for the next six months.
Speaker 2: As it gets today will be the temperature it drops to overnight.
Speaker 3: You were going to melt, little man. I was really good forward to seeing you. You were so kind when I saw you four and months ago.
Speaker 9: This is how all Australians work. When you see the overseas, we go, it'll be great. You'll have a ball and then you land and we go there are spiders, there are snakes.
Speaker 3: You'll hate it. Go home, all right. So you're you're a Hamer Hall tonight. Your book Best Foot Forward is out. My dad's read the book it's number one in the book chants in the UK. So well done. I love that your dad read. Yeah, he's a big fani ls you love the book.
Speaker 9: It's such your weird thing putting a book out, because when you do stand up you know straight away if people like it, yep, And even then you go home because stand ups are insecure. You can talk to a thousand people and they laugh. But then you go home and you still check Twitter to see if they really liked it or that would just protect So.
Speaker 3: Are you reading Amazon reviews? Because I've had two kids book out and my wife has to edit it and what she reads out to me. Really they're brutal on there. There were some heckless because hecklers haven't got the benefit of being sober and thinking about it, editing it and going that's not mean enough about what I thought about this book. I need to go back into it. So what mean things can be said about a kid's book? What do they think? I think it was David Wanniam's or jk Rowling drunk trying to destroy it using your fake name. Our rolling is like that, Oh she can turn yeah, yeah, and she's a troll. But the problem is she doesn't just trolling, I call it.
Speaker 2: So what's the spectrum been for your book, Adam? Have you read bad reviews as well as good?
Speaker 9: I haven't, To be honest, I've not read that many reviews. Generally, I've jack going on to find them.
Speaker 3: But here's here's what happened.
Speaker 9: So the book came out and I did a lot of publicity, a lot of tweeting, Hey I've got a book out's quite best look forward. And then on the day that it came out, I got lots of tweets from people from fans going hey, I just got your book, can't wait to read it?
Speaker 3: Oh awesome.
Speaker 9: And then after about a week I hadn't heard from strange gap.
Speaker 3: I feel like I had to tweet all them back, going did you like it?
Speaker 2: Are you guys just slow readers?
Speaker 3: Adams are very that this morning. It's not a pop up book. Now. When I saw you, the other thing you were talking about is you were starting to play.
Speaker 9: Rugby, yes, disability rugby league. So I helped the Warrington Wolves, which is a town between Manchester and Liverpool up.
Speaker 3: England, is a tough, hard town as well.
Speaker 9: It's proper working class and it's a proper rugby league town that there's a roundabout in the middle of town and it has goalposts in the middle of the round about.
Speaker 3: That's how rugby league. I know who everyone's sport, Mad Hair in Melbourne, but his sport is what they don't have a warrant is a really tough town. It means so much to them.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, So they set up the first ever disabled rugby league team in the UK and I kind of heard about it and said, well, can I help?
Speaker 3: And I ended up playing for them. So we be honest when you told me about this. When you rang to say can I help, obviously you will hope that they'll go. Do you want to play? I say, there's so many ways I could help, such as on the pitch, peat me or no publicity.
Speaker 9: It all started because I found out the South Sydney rabbit O's had a disability rugby league team, and they're the team I've always supported. Yeah, I rang them first and said look can I play? And they went, no, you live in.
Speaker 3: London, it's a long commute for training.
Speaker 9: He kind of said it in a way that he thought my disability was more than just physical.
Speaker 3: You're a bomby.
Speaker 9: Basically I've helped set up the Warrington Walls disability team. I play for them on the wing. I got knocked out two months ago making attack just.
Speaker 3: Because people might not be able to speed. But how full contact it still is? Because you were telling me and I was stunned. Yeah, going in for tackles. Well, there's there's nine people on a team. Two of them are able bodied and they're there to just facilitate. They're not allowed to run more than ten meters, they're not allowed to score triers. There are two people who are non contact, so maybe they've got spinal injuries and you can't be tackled. And then the other five on the field are full contact, absolute full contact. And you're talking people with.
Speaker 9: Missing titanium and yeah, missing arms, missing legs, cerebral palsy.
Speaker 3: I mean we had one. This puts it on into perspective.
Speaker 9: We were training one night and our captain Jason said, right, I'm going to offload to you. I want you to run Tony's left shoulder. Why why his left shoulder, because he hasn't got a hand. He can't tackle you on that side. Run where he hasn't got a hand at it. Dodgeball it's been unbelievable. It's been so much fun. So we we went to Sydney a couple of weeks ago. We played against the Rabbitos at A and Z Stadium.
Speaker 3: What was that like?
Speaker 9: Unbelievable, It was just and Russell Crowe was on the sideline. He came into the dressing rooms afterwards. It was an amazing experience and we officially became world champions. So we are the best disabled rugby league team in the world.
Speaker 2: Where you really got to got to show it to the Rabbits then, because they didn't want you on the team to come back and then beat them.
Speaker 3: Oh, we smashed them, and Russell Crowe was propily grumpy.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Especially guest this morning is Adam Hills. Now some of you might not know this, but you used to do this. You start off doing breakfast radio.
Speaker 9: I did do breakfast radio good times in Great Rock and Roll SAFM when I said point one, check out the Black Thunders. We got tickets to Mariah Carey on Tuesday ice cal kansaer Coke to give away.
Speaker 2: Get on down there.
Speaker 3: He's still got it. Oh my god, where did that come from? I also started, you know, when I start on Breckfast Radio, it was the black thunders right giving away swag as you used to call it them, a bag of swag and it was sweets and castickers and stuff like that. You call them black thunders. In England, I had an Australian boss and he brought over the concept of the black thunder. We were the first radio station UK to ever used the phrase of these blacks.
Speaker 2: I've never thought about it, but what was this black thunder actually even mean?
Speaker 3: Uh, now that's a good point. No, I've got nothing.
Speaker 9: Oh, by the way, it just it was one point one Phil Collins, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: I know we've we've let this hime for like half an hour an hour and now we should solve the black thunder riddle.
Speaker 1: By the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: My guest this morning is the the awesome Adam Hills and Hills. He's done quite a few things on my show back in the UK the last couple of years and he was the last person I saw well for I left, fled the country and give me a lot of advice. So it's nice to get you back on the show. So his book The Best Foot Forward is out now, Hamer Hall Tonight.
Speaker 9: Hole Tonight, and then we're doing a special one offer you episode is Fix and Fix.
Speaker 3: So I never saw this show until I moved here, right, And obviously there was a UK version called never Mind the Viscocks. Your version is far better.
Speaker 9: I mean we considered calling it. Never mentioned the buzz Cocks for legal reasons. Yeah, but yeah it was we kind of it was more of a quiz. It was an actual quiz, so you had to answer the questions.
Speaker 3: But with great guests, I mean, really really funny shows. One of the comedy channels here that shows it, like twenty four to seven. Yes, I've seen a lot of them, but they're all out sequence, so you will go through from almost having a mudet to a complete different hairst It's like your time traveler just within two episodes. Here I am now in two thousand and five. My parents used to play the game.
Speaker 9: They would watch the episode back every night and then they would try and guess what year it was, and then your appearance from my appearance complie, he hasn't got a wedding ring on, So that's before two thousand and nine, but he has got that weird hairstyle and I think I think it's two thousand and seven.
Speaker 3: And then at the end the credits had come up in the very last bit like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, well you'll see replay. Sometimes it looks like Hamish Blake is a child's actually straight out of place.
Speaker 3: I don't guess the work experienced kid or somewhere on there if you look carefully.
Speaker 9: There's one episode going around with sea without a wig and actually just.
Speaker 2: Your great point, yes, all right, did the face?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there's see her on there. There's very Humphrey. So you must over the years of doing the show and how many episodes you you did it, you must have some stories, are he in the book of.
Speaker 9: There's a couple in the book because most of the funny things ended up on air, but there are a couple of that.
Speaker 3: There's one person I.
Speaker 9: Can't mention whose phone went off while we were recording an episode, and that happens. He picked his phone up and went hello, and we've stopped recording him it. Yeah, and I'm doing it now, or I'll see you after I'm done, all right, all right bye and hung up and we kind of made a few jokes about it, and afterwards he came up to our producer, is.
Speaker 3: That going to stay in the edit? And no, I don't know why. I'd rather it didn't. Oh why not? Why is that?
Speaker 9: And he said, because that was my girlfriend on the phone. But when it goes to air, I'm probably gonna watch it with my wife.
Speaker 3: Now we know why you can't name that, right, that's unbelief.
Speaker 9: The best were Rick Parfitt and Frances Rossi from Status Quo Awesome Man, both of them on, both of them constantly talking in rhyming slang and we had no idea what they were talking.
Speaker 3: Soon, have to put that translation up for them.
Speaker 9: We virtually did, and at one point I heard was Mith Warhurst and Michelle Laurie sitting next to Rick Parfitt, and Michelle went, oh, that's lovely, what a really nice offer. We'd love to and I turned around and went, this is before the shower, said oh, what was the offer?
Speaker 3: And she said, oh, he's asked us if we'd like to spend an afternoon on his boat.
Speaker 9: And I went, really, where's your boat? And he just grinned and looked at me and went on top of my shoulders in it, and I had to do a bit of rhyming slang and I went boat boat race face. You've just asked him to spend the afternoon on your face?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? But why on offer from status quote that it's very kind?
Speaker 9: Well, and I was determined after that to not like him. I was like, no, you don't get to say stuff like that and get away with it. And then just before we started filming the show, I went to the loo and I was standing at the urinal and again Rick Parfort walked in, stood next to me, looked at me and went, ah, this must be where all the big knobs hang out.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three special guests this morning is Adam Hills. Adam's book Best Foot Forward but a number one across the Globe is available now here in Australia and you can also catch him live tonight. So this is part stand up and also part stories. Yeah, the idea was to do it a bit too lazy to read the book. You can read it to them. It's like a bed time, It's like a bedtime story tonight. Pretty much.
Speaker 9: Pretty much, it's like what David Sadaris would do in a book, except that I'm not confident.
Speaker 3: Enough in my book, so I just he's a lousy stand up. What I fell us.
Speaker 9: Enough of you witty stories about picking up rubbish by the side of the road. It's basically I've done a few of these shows, and what ends up happening is I read a few chapters of the book and then some story. Some stories just are better if I just tell them, and so I kind of go so the first the second time I met Billy Connelly and then going, do you know what, I'll just tell you this about Yeah Connolly, and then I can do the voices, and then it's much more interesting.
Speaker 3: And so you've been over doing the rugby and then doing all this for the last four weeks. So your wife and a young family there missing the kids. They've gone back to school.
Speaker 9: But on the upside, I could have gone home last weekend to see the kids, but I chose to go see my grandfather.
Speaker 3: My grandfather turned a hundred this year. That's incredible. He still lives on his own on the south coast of New South Wales. He still drives.
Speaker 9: He's got a nineteen seventy one Holden premiere What that he oversaw the production of because he worked at Holden's.
Speaker 3: Forget the Kardashians, I want a reality show about him. I recorded stories while I was talking to this weekend. Here's the thing.
Speaker 9: So he's still you know, I'm slowing up at him. I'm slowing up my legs when I go to the shops. If I have to park too far from the supermarket, my legs hurt a little bit. Like that's his only complaint. At one hundred and I said to him, well, you know, you know you can get home delivery. You can get your supermarket shopping delivered to home.
Speaker 3: And he went, yeah, I know, but I just don't want to give up yet. At a hundred, that's not ready covered with modern technology, because obviously I've had to get my parents up to speed on Skype and Facebook. That's how we communicate now across the weak and to come with the time, the distance between us, and that's my dad will still shout into it. Think if he wasn't shouting, I wouldn't hear his words. I keep going, Dad that I can, and he leans forward like he's at a press conference, you know, into the computer micros. So I just get suthing like an eye, you know, I go, oh god, there is the giant iigon. You don't need to shout. Ten thousand miles isn't working because the volume you're putting into the laptop. So but I don't know. I feel sorry because it said. I go, I guess in sort of forty years time, what are we going to be like with with new techology? What's you one hundred old granddad? I mean, he'll look at the iPad and look at me. I can't get my head. So has he got have you got one board him?
Speaker 9: An iPad about five years ago so that I could FaceTime him and skype him from the other side of the world.
Speaker 3: How does he get on with that?
Speaker 9: I mean pretty much once a call he'll say to me, I don't know, I'll throw it out of the back fence. I've got it. I'll throw it out of the back fans. And he kept saying this time and time, I'm going to throw it out of the back fence. And then one day I just went, all right, I have to pull out the big guns. And I went, I wouldn't do that, Grandad. It cost me six hundred dollars and he went, right, okay, we're keeping it.
Speaker 3: That's the trigger, right, Well, liston. Thank you so much for coming in. It's always a joint to see you.
Speaker 9: It's been a pleasure to be honest, I'm not here promoting anything. I was here to just check that you were okay.
Speaker 3: We justify? Did my mom ask you? He says he's fine in sky? Is he really okay?
Speaker 9: I've been facetiming over the entire time we've been on.
Speaker 3: Geez fin fine, he's put okay, put that on. You don't need to yell or you really going. He's struggling and the show is tanking. He'll be back by Christmas. Don't worry, do you reckon? That's what they really want to hear. Do they really want to hear that? They'll keep going?
Speaker 2: My dad keeps going, you know, is it really going well?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 3: Really? Is it really going to go?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: What's going to happen in year's time? Though? How are you going to fill then? Of course, because there's that thing.
Speaker 9: They want you to succeed overseas, but they also want you to come home and be near them, So all.
Speaker 3: Right, my dad is coming out in the new year, right, he's coming out for three weeks and he's never been to Australia and even asked me if they have light pre he's here. I don't know. I think his crocodile Dundee was like a reality show. I don't know what. How are they feeling?
Speaker 9: Because when I brought out the English rugby team with me, the one question they all asked was do we have to check under the toilet seats for spiders?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, yeah, I still do that. You know, even this morning, putting on shoes in the house right by side here, I'm still expecting like some kind of deadly animal to leap out and get me. Do you know what?
Speaker 9: And I realized when I was writing the book that I've spent my entire life doing that as well. Shake out both shoes, make sure there's no spiders in it. One of my feet is prosthetic. I didn't need to check that shoe, So you send.
Speaker 3: The best word at COVID is if I get prosthetic feet and then I don't have to worry every morning. It's a coping strategy, all right, Right, we can catch Adam live tonight is that Haim a whole best foot forward. The book is out now, Adam Hilsey, thank you so much of coming after having have I seen when he back over at Christmas? Yes, think I've still got a job. Yeah, I mean I'll report back to your parents. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Chelsie The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: All right, time for this morning's out work time waster. I hope you enjoyed a hills he been on the show. Probably the nicest man in this Industry's lovely, genuinely a really really sweet guy. I know for years he is such a good guy. Well worth checking out his book as well. Today's that work time wastter. Phil Collins has become like a mascot of this show. Hopefully he knows the work I'm doing over here laying down groundwork before he comes over in February. Well, the show is now not a metric or filimeters. Yeah, it's all film measurements, the rule of Phil. So we've got more PHILM Connins tickets every single day this week at seven thirty ten weeks of tickets to start it. Today's at work time win stud There's so many texts still coming in about how many Phils games earlier, and I don't think we got entirely right, but that doesn't matter. Uh, we're doing today. Phil Movies. Put Phil Collins in a movie. I've got Mama Philler too. I just realized, Actually that sounds a lot ruder than I intended. I just thought, Mama Mia two is out. Mama Piller too. Don't google it at work. I don't want to get in fired. I've got Kill Phil Volumes one and two. Yeah, exactly. Uh, fill in Ted's Fogus Adventure and City of Phils. Very good, dude, where's my film?
Speaker 2: Good Fillers?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Gangster team of Phil.
Speaker 2: Collins, Good Phil Hunting and Free Philly.
Speaker 3: He's somehow become in prison. We've got to release the film, all right. We're looking for your film. Conor's Movies. Put Phil in a movie. Text in now oh four seven five O three one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: John Lennon Watching the Welles God one of four point three nine twenty Good morning, have you well? The Son is the Christian O'Connor repors show. Today's that word time waster. Put Phil connin to the movie best one. You get tickets to go and see Disney's big new movie, The Christopher Robin Movie, which comes out September thirteenth. You ready tomorrow? Yep, okay. The Phils have eyes.
Speaker 2: Right start. That's a golden Philly.
Speaker 3: Straight into the golden Villi's nickim Bruns, who at take a bow, Phil metal jacket.
Speaker 2: That's good, civil class.
Speaker 3: The Phil Monty gold or from Jaron Doreen a beauty, beautif Phil Mind, a beautif Phil.
Speaker 2: Goodnd delivered Paulie Silver.
Speaker 3: Get out of it. I was on the nose, Beautiff Phil Mind, Amanda, we're the fillers.
Speaker 2: That's a golden Philly, happy fillmore. That's good. These are great gold.
Speaker 3: They're all gold. Did this every week, drum Dog Fillionaire. That's a double joke.
Speaker 2: That's a golden filling.
Speaker 3: Plus, don't put your name on into that. That's a great one. The element, that's good.
Speaker 2: I didn't even listen to that one.
Speaker 3: The Phil Elements, the fifth element fell elements, Sad Fronz one fell over the Cuckoo's nest.
Speaker 2: That's the golden feeling plass.
Speaker 3: I'll just say the next one is why I'm laughing. Do you know what I really we're hoping that I'm going to get to interview Phil Collins. I'm not going to do an interview with him. I'm going to do these how many fills and get him to judge the drumming game we did yesterday's Do.
Speaker 2: You think we can talk about Phil Collins every show until he gets here in February?
Speaker 3: Easily? What about this then, Phil versus Predator. This is him arm with only his drumsticks on the alien's head.
Speaker 2: It's a Golden Philly to Feller Mockingbird, Golden Philly Wild.
Speaker 3: I'mbrooking Maidstone, the Godfiller, Good Philly Wonka's Chocolate Factory, Golden Philly parh My word, I think we peaked with that one. Philly Wonka's Chocolate Factory.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's that or drum Dog? I think I like Philly Wonka.
Speaker 3: I like Philly Wonker's Chocolate Factory. Okay, you get the tickets to go to Disney's new movie, Christopher Robin, which comes out in cinema September thirteenth. Great work everyone, Thanks all those texts. Very funny.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three, very very excited tonight. Where we watch TV now is changing Netflix Stan doesn't matter where we get it. We get it on our computers. Now we get it on our phones Tonight, brand new TV show. Cannot wait to see this. I've only been in a couple of months and I've realized how much you are really into AFL. And obviously right now it's Fever Pitch second Round this week. And I've often thought patch that why isn't there a TV show where it's a couple of guys talking about this great game? Why why not a so for or couch? Why not on a bed or a chase launch? And then someone, an ideas guy, an organic broadcaster by the name of Jack Post, comes up with an idea and he's on Facebook Live tonight.
Speaker 2: That's right Footy on the Food Time. It's called I'll be on a Food Time with two football players, Bernie Vince from the Melbourne Demons and the nabrising star winer Jaden Stephenson.
Speaker 3: So two starts. This would be a great show.
Speaker 2: At eight o'clock. It is on Facebook Live on the AFL page. My dad keeps saying, can you say the channels? I can tell people what to watch, but it's just.
Speaker 3: The world is on Facebook. It doesn't matter if it's on a TV channel. You'll get more freedom doing this, so it's a probably life.
Speaker 2: Yes, I didn't think about that freedom. I can do whatever I want, but we'll probably just talk about footy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so tell me this then, because obviously during the show you will. During the song time zone was go and lie down on the couch. I'm here. Yeah, So on the show tonight near your bedtime eight o'clock, you've got a bet at eight thirty it's the fouton out. You've now worked out your perfect position to broadcast on lying down in beds.
Speaker 2: So they probably thought I was saying good.
Speaker 3: Night to you at the end of the show. No night Jack.
Speaker 2: This guy Don who works at the AFL who's been helping me put the show together, going.
Speaker 3: For AFL House.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's at AFL House in Docklands. They've got a TV studio there. I think he thought I was joking about the futon. I wanted us to be all three of us squished on the same futon. I'm in the middle. Bernie's on one side, Jaden on the other side, and we're lying sort of half lying down, propped up against the back. And then I would conduct an interview like that. But it's just a futon couch folded back into a couch.
Speaker 3: Listen Jack. Sometimes Elvis was born ahead of his time, Elvis, Jack Bost Fretty on the Foods on it's a showing a concept ahead of his time. If people want to watch it tonight, please watch it. Well, I'll be watching it tonight. Where do we go?
Speaker 2: Yep? Go to the AFL Facebook page eight pm tonight and comment your questions for the boys and also comment like next week we want to see a real futon. We want to see the boys lying down.
Speaker 3: We will do that, okay, So support Jack Boast tonight. Then Footy on the foot.
Speaker 1: On the Christian who conn will breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I was gonna let you know about the ten k this week, but the lady, the person who knows more about any of us about how the ten k works is so what do you think? Just let them know what's happened this week on the ten k?
Speaker 4: There are the chance between six am and six pm and your workplace should have Gold one oh four point three on anyway and call between six am and six pm for your chance.
Speaker 3: Do you show? I repeat, sure it with far more authority than me or Huggy or any or gambled.
Speaker 2: We better a million times now you said earlier on this now, earlier on this week you said it will go off this week, and then I saw you duck in the seas office later and though it is that right, have they brought it forward to this week because of what you said?
Speaker 3: It is this week, isn't it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But Friday? Is that to keep you honest?
Speaker 3: Of course? When we're going to have Pats on placebook.
Speaker 2: Dad, that's never happening.
Speaker 1: You've never, never, never The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Title of today's back the show Show number sixty five, I believe is how many fills? The question is do we return again to why we've got malfoel Connors tickets with a second go. I don't feel I did it justice. I want to have another go. How many feels? Well?
Speaker 2: We've got to put the confusion to bed because we had all kinds of people texting in today about what we got wrong about how many films there will be from here to the moon.
Speaker 3: Are we having another round of how many feels? Yes, let's do an international one. We did Melbourne today, Let's go international. I won't say what kind of place about how many feels? Back tomorrow morning. Hugy's up next. Thanks for listening The
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three