Speaker 1: Welcome to them, Christian no Connel Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Over the next couple of months, I'll be needing the help of you guys to get Jack ready as really as you.
Speaker 1: Ever are going to be when you're about to become a parent. You're never really fully ready for any of it. How can you be such an amazing thing to go on? And you shouldn't be either. It's all discovering it and growing into it as well. However, I have started to realize as I chatchy about all this, there are some alarming isn't the right word, but there are some areas of a lack of understanding of some of the basics.
Speaker 3: Blind spots, blind spots.
Speaker 2: Blind spots, And I just need to know where are you on the graph of how much do you know about babies and baby life and what you're going to be going into come next year?
Speaker 1: Okay, So I put together quiz here seven questions. They're not tricky, all right, They're just very basic.
Speaker 2: Seven questions here about babies and babies and pregnancy terms.
Speaker 4: Keeping in mind, I've still got five months till the baby comes, so plenty of time.
Speaker 1: Anyone else hear that cop out? Bear in mind, all right? So this quiz is called daddy cold or are you a daddy fauld?
Speaker 3: Daddy cool?
Speaker 1: Daddy? All right? First question, when a laboring woman's water breaks, Yes, that means when the babies get ready to come. After the line, the fluid released is called what is the fluid release called wow? Oh? No, it is not called wow.
Speaker 3: It's not It's not a trick question? Is that it's not water?
Speaker 1: I don't even need to do any more questions? Do I arrest my case when I said alarming? I now are actually gonna go to a lower It's not a trick question. It's like a rock.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 1: The birth fluid, No, it's not good, brother, it's called amniotic fluid.
Speaker 3: Oh that's hard.
Speaker 1: No, it's you know, it's a pregnancy term.
Speaker 2: And actually there is some sigence involved in babies being made and born.
Speaker 1: Stone start throwing it. What are you a flat earther? The store will deliver my boy? Sorry? No, wrong one? Okay?
Speaker 2: Question number two, Daddy can or daddy faul? Will your newborn baby have knee caps?
Speaker 3: I don't think they do when they're born.
Speaker 2: Baby is not born without kneecaps. We have to buy them and fit them yourself. When they're one year old. When breastfeeding a brand new mum produces a highly nutritious substance for her baby before the milk arrives.
Speaker 1: What is that called? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yes, is this the first feed? Because I know the first feed is very important? Oh yeah, I don't know the name of it though.
Speaker 1: No, no, it's not. Do you want to have a guess? Not done any reading up this? That?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: The nutrient forget it flew colostrum holosterol.
Speaker 3: That does sound familiar?
Speaker 1: It does, doesn't it. Now I've just told you the answer, probably.
Speaker 3: By how many do I have to get right to be?
Speaker 1: I was hoping for five out of seven? One? Just a random fact about kneecaps.
Speaker 2: On average, how much does it cost to raise a baby from birth to eighteen years of age?
Speaker 1: How much do you think it costs?
Speaker 3: Heaps?
Speaker 1: Hepes, heapes heaps technical term there again another science one heaps one hundred grand, no shoes to the kid, They're no, jack, You're not getting shoes. Or three hundred and fifty five thousand.
Speaker 3: Wow, is actually impressed me?
Speaker 1: That is a lot of money.
Speaker 3: I guess one hundred, but you reckon.
Speaker 1: You can shave off about seventy percent?
Speaker 4: Can you because by eighteen, I guess that's almost like five grand a year.
Speaker 2: That does tell your son would be the kid at school? Like, who's not seeing any TV? We don't have a TV. Don't have a TV.
Speaker 3: Just go to the lost and fount to get a uniform?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Three more questions? How many times a day does the average newborn eat? How many feet will not require ten times a day?
Speaker 1: Whoa, he's got one daddy call?
Speaker 3: That shocked me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What is the standard advice on how long after childbirth? It's good that we talk about this, man to man before you start bothering the anchor with this. Should you wait to try and have sex again?
Speaker 4: Ah, didn't know there was a time limit on it. But I guess you don't jump right in straight away?
Speaker 1: Not right not right away? No, they really don't know. I'm not a woman, but I hope I speak for other when it's definitely not right away.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'll give you half a boyfriend, not right three days to a week.
Speaker 1: No, two and a half years.
Speaker 3: It's good try because you could have a baby again.
Speaker 1: To say six weeks, six weeks. And finally, I didn't know this this depressed me and I'm not even a dad to babies anymore.
Speaker 2: On average, how many hours a day will a newborn baby cry?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I'm hoping to get one of the ones that doesn't cry that much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good luck with that. We all have those hopes, and the universe goes, You'll have this one maybe a quarter. So six hours a day, six hours a day. If your baby scribes, it's no day. Get it to a hospital, don't come into work. Six hours that's normal. Oh, I now realized.
Speaker 2: I think we should stop the radio show for the next five months and you and I go to a cabin somewhere and get into this.
Speaker 1: Those two hours. Oh wow, just did not.
Speaker 3: Go am I daddy core?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Somewhere in between Christian no Connell's show podcasts