Speaker 1: Why it's Mitchell Mitchia. Now while we enjoy a little break over Christmas and New Year's our third wheel, Jenna, who's here with us every week, is going to be soldiering on as a one woman show. It could be awkward, it could be great. Let's see, this is the Jenni Fling. Thanks Mitch Cherry and Mitchell Coombs. Anyway, I'm here to entertain you for the next couple of weeks. While the other two are on break. I get no break because I work hardest. But that's how it is. Anyway, today I thought we'd kick it off with some round of history debating. So if you're unfamiliar with history debating, it's basically just debating, but on a history topic. So today we thought, well, I thought, because it's my show, that we could debate the moon landing. So did it actually happen or did it not? Can we? How do I use this panel? Let's see, Liz are you there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm here, Hi, Liz. How are you welcome to the show?
Speaker 2: Thank you, I'm well thanked. How are you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm pretty good. It's pretty good to be controlling this whole thing. Oh sorry, that's me with the panel. I'm not that great at this, sorry, but you know I'll improve. Yeah, well, let me just stop this, okay. Cool anyway, So, yes, history Debating today, we're going to be debating whether the Moon landing actually happened. So you're going to be the affirmative and I'm going to be negative. So I'm going to debate that it did not happen. So let's do three rounds, so a minute each. We'll have the air horn. Let's see the air horn. Let me do this. Oh one second, Yes, we've got air horn and that will go off once we finish each round. It makes sense. It's been a while since I did history debating, but I think I think it should be brought back, so.
Speaker 2: It should I agree, yes, So.
Speaker 1: We'll start off with you. So let's go here, let's do this, and you've got one minute, alrighty.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to start by mentioning something called Nassas RLRLRO, which is the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, And this has taken some high resolution photos of the Moon while it's been in low orbit. And in these photos you can see debris and abandoned descent modules and the rogures from the Apollo mission from July nineteen sixty nine, when Aldrin and Strong land on the Moon. On top of this, other space crafts from India and China and Japan have also taken photos of this debris found on the Moon. So if the moon landing was not real, how did these things end up on the Moon? And that was my first point.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, okay, I get what you see, what you're saying, but like I personally disagree. So let me start off the line. Let's get into this. So you gave some points which I didn't find very interesting. They were a bit boring, but let's just get on with it. I'm going to bring up I'm not going to work on what you said because I didn't really understand any of it, but I'm going to talk about how there were no stars in any of the photos. So Apollo eleven astronauts stated in post mission press conferences, but they did not remember seeing any stars. But we can we can debate that NASA chose not to put the stars into the photos because astronomers would have been able to use them to determine whether the photos were taken from the Earth or Moon by means of identifying them and comparing their position and parallax to what would be expected to either observation site. And this also brings me to my point. There's there are identical backgrounds in photos which were reportedly taken miles apart. This suggests that a painted background was used. Yes, that's my point, alrighty, yes, now let's throw it back to you.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just I see your argument, and I raise you. So the argument of the stars not being seen in the photos rests on the fact that these may have been taken at night. However, I counter your argument by saying all manned missions to the Moon took place during what would be the daytime if we were on Earth. Because they're on the Moon, it's slightly different anyway. But this meant that starlight lost the battle against the bright surface of the Moon. Therefore, the bright surface of the Moon sort of counteracted the stars. Anyway. I'd like to also mention that three hundred and eight ChIL drends of moon rock is brought back to Earth after the landing, and it's been proven by other scientists and specialists not associated with America to have not been from Earth. And that was my second point.
Speaker 1: Interesting, very very interesting. Some of that I didn't understand. Again, but I commend your points, so let's go back to mine. Let's bring it on. So you mentioned Soviet Union. I think sorry, I wasn't listening to some of it because I was very nervous for my point. But motivation for the United States to engage the Soviet Union in a space race can be traced to the then ongoing Cold War. So basically I was thinking, maybe it didn't happen, but the US wanted Soviet Union to think it happened. And the thing is right, like, there's other things to painting that and all that. But the Soviets did not have the capability to track deep spacecraft until late in nineteen seventy two, immediately after which the last three Apollo missions were abruptly canceled, so there was no proof for them to see that the US had actually done the space race. Won it. Yes, that's my great point. Let me leave. I'll do another one because I've got some time as well. The flag placed on the surface, it was fluttering right, So but the thing is, there's no wind on the Moon, so this suggests that it was filmed on Earth, if you know what I mean. I rest my case.
Speaker 2: I see, I see very good points made their Jenner. I commend you on your efforts.
Speaker 1: Thank you. We'll do should we do one more round or not? Oh?
Speaker 2: I think maybe one more round?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's make it a quick, quick thirty seconds round. Okay, Okay, your turn.
Speaker 2: I'm going to I'm going to bar to your point with the flag rippling in the wind on the Moon by saying the flag actually was not fluttering at all. So the horizontal rod that holds the current holds the flag was unfurled and so just makes it look like the wind is stopping it from hanging down. But there was a fluttering effect because of the weak gravity on the Moon is not strong enough to uncrumple the flag. So wow, it's not technically there's no wind, it's just very weak gravity that was making it move. Therefore, you know, face physics.
Speaker 1: Times up. My turn. Okay, Yes, you've got a point there. I must give it to you there. Okay, But I'm going to finish on my final point with a strong one because I like conspiracy theories. I'm going to go on to talk about Stanley Cubrick. Right, So he's accused of having produced much of the footage right, presumably because he had just directed two thousand and one, a space odyssey which I have not seen, but apparently it was partly set on the Moon and featured special effects, and apparently Cubic attempts it to confess to his part of the deception by having Danny, the son of Jack Nicholson in the shining wearing Apollo will even't sweat up. Wow, that was my final point. It was very visual.
Speaker 2: But yes, I see, I could picture it myself as you were explaining it, so yes, it was very visual.
Speaker 1: I agree with you, Thank you so much. I believe that we debated very well.
Speaker 2: A worthy opponent, yes, absolutely.
Speaker 1: I mean, as I said before, I didn't understand a lot of the stuff you were talking about because astronomy isn't my strong suit. But I valued your points.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I valued your points as well.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. But it's now my time to decide on who will win. Will it be Liz or Jenny. It's a tough one because both gave great points. I'm going to give it. It's a tie. It's a tie. I'm sorry, it's a time. Yes, I was initially going to say that I would win that was what I thought at the beginning, but when you gave your points, I had to Yeah, I had to make it a tie. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you. Thank you for your consideration. I very much appreciate it.
Speaker 1: No problem, and thank you so much for joining me on the show.
Speaker 2: It's okay. Thank you for inviting me on. I had a fantastic time. It was lovely speaking with you.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad. I love debating with you too, and I hope you have a great way. I know I should, I should take over, Yes, you should.
Speaker 2: Thank Orry Cherry. Sorry, I'm on the jettou start here.
Speaker 1: Thanks Liz.
Speaker 2: That's so crazy.
Speaker 1: Oops, oops, it easy anyway, that was history debating with me. I hope you all enjoyed it. But I hope this podcast made you seventy three percent better because it sure made me feel better, especially debating with Liz. So I will play my birth music from the year sixteen thirty three to conclude the first episode. Yes, this is unedited as well, So this is all honest, yes and true. So goodbye, farewell, and I see you next week. Welcome to add brief to me again, Jenny. I hope you have a great week. There's a lot to discuss, but also a lot. Oh, we've got a tweet. We've got a tweet. It's from Oh No, sorry I can't open Twitter anyway. Have a great time week, See you next week. That's the end of add brief. How do I turn this off now,