Speaker 1: Now I know what might sound like all I want to talk about is the fact that I just went on a cruise. But I'm going to tell you a story about how I just went on a cruise.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wow, I know. I wasn't expecting that. Brittany shocked.
Speaker 1: I just had the best family holiday with That's a big thing, because I usually think that family holidays are nothing but annoying.
Speaker 2: Right when you've got everyone.
Speaker 1: Together, it's like you've got so much logistics, so much organizing. But my mom came and we brought all the kids and my mom we went on this cruise. My mom wanted to go on. They have this special thing which is like a helicopter joy ride. It's six minutes. It's very lush. You get to Morton Island and you get on the little helicopter and they fly you around the helicopter and you see whales and you see the shipwreck. It's so beautiful. It's very bougie. And I the only time I've ever been on a helicopter is when I did The Bachelor. So my mom's had a really hard year and she wanted to do it, and I was like, look, this would be really nice for her. We organized it, I booked it. It was very expensive, and my two girls, Lala and Marley, five and three, they were desperate to come and do this helicopter ride, especially Lola. So Lola's three years old and she had a full Stage five meltdown, hysterically crying because she wanted to come and see the whales from the helicopter.
Speaker 2: Do you have to pay for a three year old? No?
Speaker 1: Luckily she got a she got a free beach, she got a free beech. She doesn't way much, but anyway, I'm talking hysterical. So I was like, it's okay, we get there. We get in the helicopter. She's finally calmed down, she is elated, and we go up and it is, honestly the most magical thing I've ever seen. We're looking over the islands and there is this amazing, huge whale that's come out of the ocean, and I go, oh my god, Lola. We've been the helicopter for two minutes. It's a six minute joy ride, mind you. We look out the window, I see the whale. I was like, this is such a beautiful moment to share with my girls, my family. Remember forever, Lola is gonna love this. And I look down and there she is asleep two minutes into the two minutes into the helicopter ride, and Lola was like, oh, this is a white noise bubble and I'm having a name of the.
Speaker 2: Loudest forms of transport in the world. She was out cold.
Speaker 1: She was so asleep that when I woke her up to get her out of the helicopter, she had a tantrum about being woken up to be lifted out of the helicopter.
Speaker 3: She's three, like three year old. Nap.
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't a nap.
Speaker 1: It made me realize like a helicopter is like a giant white noise machine that gently rocks you.
Speaker 4: And it's like, oh my god, it's like a yeah, it's like something from Baby Bunting.
Speaker 2: It's like all those little rocker things.
Speaker 1: More expensive, yeah, with a big white note. Very expensive in comparison. But I did put this up on my stories on Instagram, and I had so many people message and talk about the things that someone they loved had slept through, like a really like a pivotal moment, something that you thought you were going to share with someone but then all of a sudden they slept through the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Jacqueline, Hey, what did you sleep through? High?
Speaker 3: Oh, well, I didn't sleep through anything, but my partner slept through a period of meeting an.
Speaker 1: Active labor, not even like pre labor. Active labor is. Yeah, there's a whole lot of noises coming out of Hey, at that point.
Speaker 2: What's actively?
Speaker 3: I was swearing? There was a lot of noise.
Speaker 1: Mitch needs to know what acting labor is. Active labor is when you're you are dilated, but you are like on all fours.
Speaker 2: At that point, you were like, you're milling baby, Baby's coming.
Speaker 3: You're in a lot of pain. He was trying to be sweet and like rubbing my back because I'm like swearing, and then I turned around because he had stopped, and then he just fell asleep on the bed. And then he only woke up when my water's broke and I was actually screaming, and then he was in a state of panic because he had no idea what was going on.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic.
Speaker 1: He was in deep sleep and you interrupted it.
Speaker 2: We're getting a lot of calls Stella, what did you sleep through? Or someone? You know?
Speaker 5: Hey, there, I slept through. Kathy Freeman winning the four hundred meters at the City Olympics.
Speaker 1: So random. Wait, were you there or was it just on the TV?
Speaker 2: She was so fast.
Speaker 5: I was there in the stadium and yeah, I fell asleep.
Speaker 1: What do you mean you just had a nap like mid run?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was five or six, and I think we've been there all day. I couldn't do it anymore and I fell asleep.
Speaker 2: You're a kid.
Speaker 5: I still think about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can imagine.
Speaker 4: Well, that was one of the biggest moments in Australian sporting history and you're almost there asleep.
Speaker 2: So funny. Thank you for your calls.
Speaker 4: All right, Next on the pickup, if you ever get a bit forgetful at work and you're worried that your mind's going well, an alas celebrity has done just that at a mega concert here in Australia.
Speaker 2: I'll play you the audio. It will make you feel so much better about yourself. Next here on the show,