Speaker 1: Come on, Hello, Happy Friday, everybody, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Made at the end of the week, we.
Speaker 1: Have got I'm excited today. We're all going out tonight, aren't we to see our good boy?
Speaker 3: Good boy.
Speaker 2: He's very he's a very good boy.
Speaker 4: You don't know why you say that. We have the beautiful Sam Fish.
Speaker 2: You might know this song, Oh this.
Speaker 3: Is this is this city to listen to. It's a beautiful song.
Speaker 2: What a good boy.
Speaker 4: But the reason why, the reason why you call him a good boy is because we all went last year.
Speaker 2: We did like a live show together.
Speaker 4: Sam Fisher was I mean, he opened the show and it kind of felt like we turned into one big family, like his dad.
Speaker 3: I felt like his dad had a room together.
Speaker 1: She was my partner. I love Sam Britt and we've all become friends. So he's performing tonight in Sydney. We're all going to go and see him and support him. We were texting him. He actually said, I've got a story that I've never told before about how I was almost or how I was scammed of thousands of dollars. He wants to tell us on the show today. So Sam's in studio joining us. Yeah, we love Sam yeah, and Sammy's coming up and we'll get dinner with him tonight.
Speaker 3: That'd be nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get aways some money too, how about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We've got a thousand dollars to spend a Target for Mother's Day this weekend.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent.
Speaker 5: We are giving away every single day of the week a thousand big ones and we've had.
Speaker 2: A lot of success this week.
Speaker 5: All you've got to do is if you are well, I was going to say a small child, if you're a child that thinks you know your mom really well, you just have to call up with your mom, tell us how well you know your mom, answered some questions, and we're going to give you some money thanks to Target.
Speaker 2: It's that easy.
Speaker 3: Let's kick the show off with a thousand bucks to spend a Target.
Speaker 1: Fingers crossed Kids of Australia will do it next around Australia.
Speaker 3: It is the pickup Welcome.
Speaker 6: Kimmy.
Speaker 3: It's a little my Day quiz ladies.
Speaker 4: It's so nice though, because when it comes to kids, I feel like mums know everything about their children and this is like a little opportunity for kids to show just how much they know about their mums. I feel like my mum would have loved this growing up because the money or the knowing about you know, the money about me, you know, I know, you know her.
Speaker 3: I did this.
Speaker 1: I won a radio competition when Richard Wilkins was a radio host when I was fifteen, called up and won a thousand bucks on my mum, just like.
Speaker 3: This true story.
Speaker 2: We were a radio prize pig.
Speaker 3: I was a radio prize old enough to.
Speaker 2: Look at how much it's comfortall circle.
Speaker 3: It's cute.
Speaker 1: So we're going to meet today Carol and Cayden. So we've got three questions about Carol, Cayden's mom. If Cayden correctly gets one right, he'll get one hundred dollars cash, one hundred dollars to spend a target. If Cayden gets the second right, he'll get five hundred dollars to spend a target. And if Cayden gets the third out of the three questions right, one thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: To spend it time.
Speaker 2: Pretty amazing cool.
Speaker 3: Shall we meet? I'll meet Carol first, Let's meet mum.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get Mum on the line. Carol, welcome to the pickup.
Speaker 6: Hello, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: We're good Carol, how do you think Cayden's going to go with this? Do you think that he knows enough about you that he's going to be able to get you one thousand dollars?
Speaker 7: Singer's crushed.
Speaker 6: I've got a fifty fifty chance here.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Do you want to pop little Cayden on?
Speaker 8: Yes, we do?
Speaker 7: Here you go?
Speaker 6: Okayeen hy Caden?
Speaker 5: Are you ready to try and win your mum a thousand dollars at Target?
Speaker 3: Do you think that.
Speaker 2: You know your mom pretty well?
Speaker 4: Let's get into the quiz then, Cayden. We've got three chances for you, and you're going to win more money every time you get a question.
Speaker 5: Right. Let's now, Kaiden, this could be a tricky one to start with, what is your mom's middle name? So her first name is Carol? And then what's her middle name?
Speaker 4: No, no middle name?
Speaker 3: That's correct?
Speaker 2: All right, that's correct. You've got one hundred dollars to spend a target already? All right?
Speaker 1: Question number two, Kayden, question too, what is mum's favorite flowers?
Speaker 3: That's what we've got. That's correct, five hundred dollars to spend it target?
Speaker 4: Cute?
Speaker 3: I love? All right?
Speaker 4: This one could be a tricky one. Who is your mom's favorite singer?
Speaker 2: How does the song go? Can you sing it for us? We'll give it to you. You can get the song right.
Speaker 6: I'll catch.
Speaker 3: Catch grenade. That's Bruno. That's what we've got in front of it.
Speaker 4: A thousand dollars so you can get your mum something beautiful. Next, what are you going to get your mom with a thousand dollars to spend?
Speaker 2: A Target?
Speaker 9: A toy?
Speaker 2: You're going to get your mom a toy?
Speaker 3: I reckon you might be getting yourself a toy.
Speaker 2: Adam Kayden.
Speaker 5: What's the most amount of money you've ever had?
Speaker 3: What? What a lot of money? Well you've got You've got at least four times.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, buddy, you're only five, but you've got a thousand dollars to spend it Target.
Speaker 3: Happy Mother's Day, Carol from us here at the pickup.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: I've never won so much in my whole life.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're so welcome. We hope you have a beautiful Mother's Day. What do you reckon you're gonna get for yourself?
Speaker 7: Totally a new wardrobe?
Speaker 6: By new wardrobe, it's always.
Speaker 3: For the boys. So finally mummy's turned Oh.
Speaker 4: But you might have to hide it from Kaden because he reckons he's buying a toy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, keep the cash, definitely, he's well deserved. After that, I will enjoy your mother's day. Girls.
Speaker 1: We're in the company of a guest that has featured on the Jimmy Kimmel Program. He's featured on James Corden Ellen Ellen DeGeneres not once, but twice.
Speaker 5: I actually think he also appeared on the One and Only Life on Cut podcast.
Speaker 3: Correct, he headlined the Life on Cut Live show. Correct.
Speaker 1: He also vomited in my spare on sweet bathroom. He's the one and only sat fish.
Speaker 8: Wow. Wow started early.
Speaker 4: When you put out your origin mat and you say like, these are all the things I've done the Life on Cut Live show just like wedged at the top there.
Speaker 8: It is like in bowl big pink letders.
Speaker 5: So let's not let's not fly over what just happened. You vomited in Mitch's bathroom.
Speaker 9: Actually, I'm pretty sure, Britt, you took a dump in there and everyone made everyone had to leave. I was at this party. Wait, I know you arrived late.
Speaker 3: I was vomiting.
Speaker 8: Mounted Yeah, you know. I walked in and people were like, who's that? What is going on?
Speaker 9: And then you we were talking, but yeah, this is an awful story.
Speaker 3: No, it's a good story. It's a good story. You know what I love.
Speaker 1: We skimmed over the Ellen story, the James Gordon, the Jimmy Kimmel and you know, we love having you on. You've been on the show a bunch of times, but you've got new music out. You're also touring at the moment.
Speaker 3: You're very busy.
Speaker 9: I was in Brisbane last night. Yeah, so tired. Business schedule. Flew back this morning, Arts Factory today and then tomorw Howler and Melbourne and then Sunday morning at six am I fly back to la and then we start the Europe Leg in Europe.
Speaker 8: Wow, after all, you're.
Speaker 2: Doing the Europe League in Europe.
Speaker 3: You're smart, Sam, unbelieveable.
Speaker 4: I mean, this must be very exciting for you though, because you were recently signed with Sony and so a lot of your touring in the past is obviously done through them, But now you're doing this independent.
Speaker 8: This one is all on me, guys, So get you tickets.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 4: What's the benefit of going independent? Like, what does that mean to you as an artist?
Speaker 9: You know, in like, so the music industry is in kind of a strange spot where like, really it used to be that the labels could promote and push an artists and get to the top of the radio charts and the charts in general, and now really the public just has it all because of TikTok. Yeah, and so it gives me a little more freedom as to when I want to put stuff out.
Speaker 5: You recently did put out a song with Guy Sebastian Antidotes that has we love it here. It's gone bonkers, everyone's loving it. What's it like to work with Guy?
Speaker 8: Well, I smell a way better now I've got better clothes.
Speaker 2: Just rub yourself on even.
Speaker 9: Well because I mean, yeah, he smells like rich mahogany.
Speaker 8: And I was like, what is that?
Speaker 9: And it's burbery hero there's there's the tea. So now that's what I wear.
Speaker 1: Hey, you've got a brand new song which isn't really brand new. I mean we had in December. Was it was your out debut album in December?
Speaker 8: Is December one?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's been a while.
Speaker 1: Now we're getting parents, which is a song that you actually might know if you've been on TikTok this song blew up like a year ago, Sammy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So I have this series on TikTok called If I Had a Verse, And it started as me taking the piss and making fun of people who were like, if I.
Speaker 8: Had a verse on this song by Taylor, it would sound like this.
Speaker 3: Oh they do that, It's always the worst verse.
Speaker 9: And so I was like, oh, well, let me take a viral video of someone doing just anything or saying something. Let me write a verse based on what they're doing on the video.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And so there was this woman who was just said, imagine being a parent who'se adult children cut all ties to you. And I was like, oh, that strikes according, and I can relate multiple and minds you like, my mum is a saint, my dad is the worst. And so for me, the perspective that I have is with the relationship with my dad. But so I posted this verse a year ago on like Mother's Day. I think, yeah, yeah, this yeah.
Speaker 2: And it really doubled down on the parent thing.
Speaker 9: You know, and it went kind of bonkers. I got millions of views and chairs and all that good stuff. And then I've posted it like four different times since and it just keeps going.
Speaker 8: But then I took it to my label and I was.
Speaker 9: Like, look at all this, like, let's release I finished this song and let's put it out.
Speaker 8: And they said no.
Speaker 9: And so now a year later, literally almost to the day, because Mother's Day is this weekend, but it comes out the seventeenth because you got a drop on a Friday.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So I was like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Parents, put it out starting seventeenth. Guys, give a stream hate listen Sam before we let you go. You've got a story about being hacked or you're a very smart man, very wealthy man.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: He was.
Speaker 3: He was wealthy.
Speaker 1: Well you've got is true story about Okay, give us top line.
Speaker 9: I was not hacked. I was scammed. I wasn't hacked because I gave him the digtails.
Speaker 2: He lost a lot of bank.
Speaker 3: Okay, scam Fisher back on the fisher.
Speaker 8: Here we are.
Speaker 9: You know, they're just getting really sophisticated. So I got a text that was like, this is.
Speaker 3: As the country.
Speaker 1: If it can happen to scam Fisher, it can happen to you more with the recording artists.
Speaker 4: Beautiful smart man like this, if he can get food, could happen to anyone.
Speaker 3: Totally. That's next on the pickup. Were here with a beautiful Sam Fisher?
Speaker 2: Yeah, or is we like to refer to you as scam Fisher.
Speaker 9: Let's get Salmini.
Speaker 5: Caught up yesterday which we had really nice lunch, was beautiful, and Sam was telling me a story about how sophisticated scams are these days.
Speaker 3: Now I want to call bullshit.
Speaker 2: This is not sophisticated.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, but this was the dumbest thing on Sam's behalf you dude.
Speaker 2: Sam's going to tell his story just very day.
Speaker 5: But this is what good friends can do, right Please, Once you hear it, you'll see how unsophisticated this scam.
Speaker 4: Sam sell it to me because I've almost been scammed myself several times, and those text messages that come through at three am.
Speaker 2: In the morning can be convincing.
Speaker 9: Okay, so this was like five pm in the afternoon, right, so like prime time I'm in the UK. I get a text saying, hey, did you spend five hundred and forty one dollars and whatever sense at this place in Austin, Texas, And I was like, no, no, and it looks so legit and normally I'm on it. Normally I'm like googling the anonymous phone number to see where it is. I just didn't for some reason because I was in a I was in a songwriting session, I was working. I was like no, And then they sent another text that was did you did you spend one hundred and whatever dollars in this place in Texas?
Speaker 2: It's escalating now I'm not in Texas.
Speaker 9: And it was like and then it was like, call this number to whatever and it was like from my bank, and it was like it was and it was it was literally from my bank. And I called and they had the exact same automated voice and so then I was literally on the phone for like hours and they were like, oh, we know, we need to do security questions.
Speaker 3: And so it was a real person or was a I sam.
Speaker 9: It was a real person, and it was like I spoke to them and they were like, what's your like mother's maiden name, what's your what's your dog names? Like?
Speaker 1: And you thought you were verifying answer, but here's where.
Speaker 8: I should have stopped.
Speaker 3: This was the giveaway.
Speaker 9: So I would give an answer, and then I would get a security code and they'd be like, can you read me the car?
Speaker 3: And I was like, yeah, of course, and let me tell you.
Speaker 9: It was like, oh, that didn't work, so let's try it again, because obviously like the geo tagging or whatever was like ping.
Speaker 8: This is not where Sam is. And I was like, they were like, oh, that one didn't work.
Speaker 9: What about this? And I was like, yeah, here's another code. And so they got into my online banking and they stole fourteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh got fourteen k My god.
Speaker 2: That hurts.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And at the time I was when I was discovering all this, mind you, I was at like post work drinks and I'm out having good time when I'm on my phone being like here's a code, babe and four bank account. And then finally like it dawned me and I was like what am I doing?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: And so I called the real bank, like called the number on the back of my card and they were like oh no, and yeah. So now there is a process to get it back, and like.
Speaker 2: Do they get it back for you? Are they able to?
Speaker 9: Well, so you'd think, but because it went to a Bank of America account, Bank of America is like They're like, you know, you can't place any blame on us, Like We're going to do what we can do, but we can't promise anything and you have to sign this waiver of form or whatever.
Speaker 8: And so I got an idea.
Speaker 3: Hold on how much do you make per stream of your songs?
Speaker 9: Zero point zero zero zero three cents Everyone in Australia listening to this right now, so parents, and then we can get the money back, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: Just be aware of those scams.
Speaker 5: Some are sophisticated, some like Sam's are not sophisticated, but they can still pay.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 9: All my money is in cash bags I'll never have on an island.
Speaker 3: Listen Sam's performing Where are you tomorrow night?
Speaker 9: You're in brazy, I mean Sydney tonight at Oxford Arts Factory.
Speaker 8: Check if there so tickets. I don't know if there are, probably not.
Speaker 2: And then he is a seller.
Speaker 9: And then tomorrow period brands where you are hit me up? And then Howla tomorrow Melbourne, which I also don't know if there any tickets left. So's website making that money back?
Speaker 3: Saandfish out. We love you.
Speaker 1: Things are coming back on the show about that story, all right back after this on the pickup. You know what we want you to celebrate the little wins. We do it every single a fortnight. We actually we have a rest every week because sometimes one little win is too.
Speaker 4: Much, sets you back a whole week doesn't get stress finding these little winds too many.
Speaker 5: I would love I'll do it every day if I could, but I'm not the boss here.
Speaker 4: So I mean, I think that this is beautiful because everybody always celebrates the big wins like anniversaries and birthdays.
Speaker 2: And all that sys of stuff.
Speaker 4: But these are those little moments that sometimes go completely unnoticed in life, and that's what we celebrate every second Friday, every second with that.
Speaker 1: On a T shirt. It's all thanks to chemist Warehouse. By the way, you can rush in and save on all your favorite beauty, haircare, and skincare products job in store or online. Today we know that five hundred dollars thanks to Chemists ware House. For God's sake, Lana, what's your little win? Legend?
Speaker 7: Literally got up this morning without having to snooze the alarm.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, Oh, so you've just nailed the body clock, Lana.
Speaker 2: This is great.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just unfortunately the body clock knows that it's time to get up to the sad day.
Speaker 4: So sad day the most depressing little win I've ever heard, but I'm also here for it at the same.
Speaker 3: My little winners that I woke up today, but I hated it. I wish I didn't one. I come on, it's so closer to the weekend.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have a question for you.
Speaker 4: How often, like how many times no, do you normally hit the snooze button? Are you one of those like repetitive snoozes?
Speaker 5: Are guilty?
Speaker 7: Charge for about three snoozes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, nothing worse than dating someone who's like a repetitive snoozer.
Speaker 2: You're stuck in bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not good. It's not good. But I'm glad you had a little win. What about Karen, what was your little win?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 7: My boss allowed me to work remotely so I could go road tripping around Australia.
Speaker 2: That is the biggest win you're going to have.
Speaker 7: Win.
Speaker 3: That is huge.
Speaker 7: There you go isolation, so going out to Ularu and then head up through the center of the Australia to the Northern Territory and then across your West Australia for a while.
Speaker 4: Your boss doesn't know what's hitting because as if you're going to work with the same level of intensity that you're working. When you're in the office, I just be worried. There's a lot of crocodile places you go into. There're also what if you're like, sorry, the reception is not very good.
Speaker 7: Well, you work remotely for a part of the time, and then your holiday for a week or two, and then work go back to working.
Speaker 2: You sound very responsible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so far. I'm leaning with Lana. Who wakes up that.
Speaker 2: Wind sounds too big?
Speaker 4: Plan is just getting out of bed.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the third person, Lauren. Hi was my little win was?
Speaker 6: I took one of my sick children to the doctors. I had my last twenty dollars in my pockets. It blew out of my pocket, fell out. We went into the doctors. I was sad because I needed that twenty buck. Came out from the doctor appointment. Child found the twenty dollars in the gutter.
Speaker 2: Wow, it was the child really sick making it.
Speaker 6: No, they were actually sick.
Speaker 2: Take it.
Speaker 4: Do you know what the good thing is is that your kid actually gave you the twenty bucks instead of trying to pocket it.
Speaker 2: That's the real little win here, almost.
Speaker 6: A little It was a little, big, huge win and we're all so excited for that orange note, just sitting in the gutter waiting for it.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what one little kid gave you, some twenty three big kids are going to.
Speaker 3: Give you my wonder buck, Brad Laura. I tried to get a segue there, Lauren.
Speaker 4: You don't have to scround around the gutter for it either.
Speaker 2: We'll give it to you.
Speaker 6: Thank you, guys, I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: What do you need the money for Mother's down the weekend?
Speaker 6: Sh yeah, sorry, well, I mean look, Mother's Day is coming up, so maybe a little perfume.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god. The King and Queens are fragrances at chemist ware house. You get them all there.
Speaker 6: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: You can also pick up some quadrill while you're there too, Yeah, headache, and also maybe get a tennis shot while you're there.
Speaker 3: That gutter crawling made sick. She was in the gutter on her hands and knees.
Speaker 2: She was the kid just picked it up from the guy.
Speaker 3: I was confused. Was it her kid or was it a random kid?
Speaker 2: It was her own child that came out.
Speaker 5: Of there, was one of the one sixth of her children.
Speaker 3: Kids.
Speaker 2: That's a lot, isn't it.
Speaker 3: That's probably five too many.
Speaker 2: What a champion. That's really me and Mitch. All right, we're going.
Speaker 1: To go to end the week that. Don't forget that's back in a fortnight, right that in your calendar.
Speaker 4: Guys, now that we've managed to offend anyone who sleeps in and also all people that have had big families will get.
Speaker 3: And caravans around Australia and set your.
Speaker 5: Alarm for that, or maybe, like Lana, you don't need to sit an alarm.
Speaker 4: Great Sea, have a beautiful and happy Mother's Day. Everyone told her that you have such a special time.
Speaker 3: With your family. Girls. Love you, thanks for another great week you shows.
Speaker 2: Love you Mitch, love you so you guys,