Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast Mildurn's Gold one oh four point three Live from Level two, twenty one to thirty one Glitwood Street, Wretchman, This is the Christian o'connal Breakfast.
Speaker 2: Show on Nolvin's Gold one oh four point three. Just to let you guys know that Pats is going to be performing. We all hour's worth of those and according to the office Paul a whole one woman show an hour off just her doing her various different ones.
Speaker 3: Pat, can you get a rule made that you can't repeat any of them?
Speaker 2: And that's why they have to be in new every day? Yeah, every hour?
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 2: Jack. You say that there's about three variations in the Christians most likely to Christian's paycheck, and insert Christian into every two or three of them, and you can write your own for tomorrow morning. One of Christians gold bracelets could be sold off. I don't have any gold bracelet's okay.
Speaker 4: Will be selling the girls next.
Speaker 2: Well, you're a bit of an unsavory tone. It's about child labor, Pat journalist. Okay, let's note that down six o four Pats his first red cards sin men. All right, So over the weekend. Last Friday's breakfast show, I gave out my phone number and start the sort of WhatsApp group every morning. Now when I turn the phone on, there's one. There's one guy who's started to leave me a voice note just as I'm about to leave, one sort of trying to lord it up. Then, yeah, I'm up when you're asleep getting ready because I'm like a superhero does a breakfast show. This guy's already waiting. He's up before me. He's turning out to be my nemesis. His name is Big John and this morning boom, this one waiting for me. Good morning Christian. It's four o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 5: I've just pulled up out the front of work, just getting ready to start the day.
Speaker 2: It's freezing cold outside. I've got my beanie on sysitate degrees, but it feels like two point five, so it looks like it's going to be a good day though, around seven eight degrees.
Speaker 3: Well for to your show in two hours time.
Speaker 2: See you then. Now, I love Big John. A couple of things on this Big John, do you accept this new job offer to be this show's weather guy.
Speaker 3: Well, if you're going to be as two point five.
Speaker 2: Not three or four, or it feels a little bit cooler, though the dashboard is saying this, but it feels cooler two point five. Do any of us mere mortals that aren't some kind of have a divine talent that Big John's gone even though what half a degree feels like. But even the weather reporters, trained meteoroges go, it's actually going to feel like seven point three to one today, but it feels like two point five, folks, So tell everyone in the office is two point five.
Speaker 3: And Pats, is that what you're forecasting today? Seventeen degrees? He things that might get up to seventeen.
Speaker 2: I think let me have a look at the weather at two busy I switch tabs right now before the six.
Speaker 4: S eighteen degrees.
Speaker 2: Thank you two point five John, Yeah, he's the guy out At four a m.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Good news, everybody.
Speaker 6: Done, Christian, I accept the job offer.
Speaker 2: That's it, our brand new weather man. Pats, you say your weather okay, looking at your pine cones, and then we go to Big John outside the front of US building. Every morning at the start of the show, for his version on the weather.
Speaker 6: I think done, Christian, I accept the job offer.
Speaker 2: What I love is I can hear Pats in the background whilst we were I just must have been seconds after I offered him that job.
Speaker 6: I think done, Christian, I accept the job offer.
Speaker 2: We're building the team. Day by day. Show forty four was the let everyone know. It was the day we found our new weather guy. Big job. So yesterday Ruby, my teenage daughter, came back from us first school trip, first Australian school trip. They went to Melbourne Zoo and she was raving about it. You ever been to Melbourne zo Yeah, years ago.
Speaker 4: Yep, it's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she said it was amazing actually, and she says, you had a fantastic time. Then, I think the main thing you have a fantastic time when you go on a school trip is you're at the school. You're winning already. You're winning already. Over the weekend. Had to go and get the only thing you need for school trip, to go and buy a brand new clipboard. That's what you need to do. Just supply your own clipboard. I couldn't believe it. Yeah, to go to office works, of course, you go to office works. You do not leave one thing. I actually have a huge passion for station works. The kids just had a clipboard. I had a whole carrier bag of brand. You know, I'm obsessed with sharp piece post it notes. I love that place. Do you know was there of a TV show over here, like supermarket sweep where you could do it like a trotty dash. I wouldn't want to go in the Ammani store or Boss or any of that. Get me an office one, two pins and pencils.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my husband works there Christians, so you can imagine.
Speaker 2: Now can he help me out? Can he help a brother out with a discount?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he'll set you up.
Speaker 3: Let's do the supermarket this way. Surely Christian organized for Christians around.
Speaker 2: With just a minute. I was buying binders and even the kids went, oh do you need those to work things in them? I don't know what I'm going to fight them? And there's no kind of paper what you have with this non job. But yeah, anyway, we got the clickboard ready for the school trip yesterday and she comes back and she goes, yeah, I found out a couple of things. She saw a skinless coming kind of skinless animal. Eight. Sheen's fur lost or something. I don't mean skinless, it's just bones. That's what they're doing that Melbourne's were anyway she goes there was a bit of a drama because all the girls, a couple of girls started crying. One of the boys. It's always a boy in a school trip that plays up, isn't it, either on the minibus or the coach there sticking his bum out the window. That was just me, just at the weekend, actually getting office works. It's hard when you're driving to get that bum out of the window, but it's you know, I just get excited at the weekend, you know. Anyway, one of the boys in the butterfly house accent, he tried on the butterfly. Yeah, you'd feel cursed it lost its life. Oh no, they have a short line. Huh.
Speaker 3: You think they're faster than that the actual butterfly. Like when you see a bird on the road and you're like, well, he'll get out of my way. I don't have to slow down.
Speaker 2: In my mind, you know, I couldn't help but think I was asking people, Cort kid does that? In my mind?
Speaker 3: Is who's that the rough kid in toy story?
Speaker 2: Someone like him? At Melbourne zoo yesterday and the other thing. Yeah, I said, what did you actually learn? Because I know she had with the clipboard, she had all the sort of you know pictures shed out to draw.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they would have had work to do.
Speaker 2: Oh well, you say that she did this picture of a line. This line looked like had been run over and then in a house fire. Did you ever know he saw something?
Speaker 3: I did go to him again.
Speaker 2: And she's learned. The big thing she learned yesterday for my whole day eight hours at Melbourne Zoo is wombats poohing cubes?
Speaker 7: Was?
Speaker 2: I did not know this?
Speaker 3: I remember that?
Speaker 2: Really wombat's how do they poe a cube?
Speaker 4: So have they got like that shaped? Is that why that happens?
Speaker 2: Second red card of the show, fourteen minutes in. First of all, you're talking about me selling my love her children and now you're talking about cubed buttholes. You're supposed to be the grown up on the show. If we can't rely on you, we're screwed here.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think they ever screwshed or.
Speaker 2: I've not heard Sir David attenbro Goo the one that of course that's a cute asshole. Producer Brad is giving us the head waggle for the first time on the show. All right, now it's my red card. You made me do this. Okay, we'll come back to this link. What I was trying to say is what do you remember from school? We do not want to know any facts about backsides.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, paths, respect yourself. Stop it. I don't say the words.
Speaker 3: Was that going out to here? Or is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is this the Pat's remix of my Donna express yourself? She just expressed herself.
Speaker 4: Hilarious.
Speaker 2: Wow, hey you say it?
Speaker 4: Okay, so funny.
Speaker 2: Wait, she's gonna she's now going to be writing really angry murder. She wrote in there for the old six thirty and the person mod likely to die today is Christian the peat day, Pats, doesn't matter. It's going to happen from the fist of Pat.
Speaker 3: You're both going to be dragged into the principals office.
Speaker 8: We really are.
Speaker 2: Why there was four but holes in the day. I never said any of it. I might not be better, all right, So this morning, what I was trying to say before potty mouth Pats took the showdown and some kind of dirty alleyway is what do you remember from school? I said to Ruby yesterday, you know that thing about wombats, and we don't need to do on it too long now web one bats pooing in cubes. You're always going to remember this, even on in my age, You're storing at that one thing from school, no matter what you're going to learn over the next couple of years, because there are certain things that stay lodged in your memory bank years later. I still struggle sometimes quickly when I have to give the kids day, I'm like, I know one of them was O four. Oh no, no, that one means she's not even born yet. Oh God. And yet I can remember this for trying to remember the colors of the rainbow. Richard of York gave battle in Vain.
Speaker 3: Oh we had we had roigibit the same character. It was the rainbow rog bit. Yeah, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo. I still remember.
Speaker 2: Isn't it weird? Why do I still remember that? I'm forty five? What possible use have I got to be able to recall at will the order of the colors of the rainbow. It's not like if you pulled over by the police and I go, have you been drinking? What's the order of the colors of the Rainbow? Richard of York gave battle then Oh no, no, no, no, no, give us your license, sir. It's so true.
Speaker 3: I've never needed it.
Speaker 2: Why did they need to waste start time at school? Right? Learning the colors of the rainbow? You're never going to be asked to use that? And is there any job you might use that?
Speaker 3: Every good boy deserves fruit? Did you have that? No?
Speaker 2: What's that one?
Speaker 3: That's very musical notations? This is something to do in raiding music?
Speaker 2: Right? Another one is naughty elephants squirt water to remember the points of the compass north east southwest? Naughty elephant squirt water.
Speaker 3: He had never eate soggy weepics.
Speaker 2: We had never eat shredded wheat. See the things you remember from school? Give us a call now? What is still lodged in your mind? What do you still remember from school when you had to learn something?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 2: What do you remember from school? Nine four one four one oh four to three? Richard of York gave battle in Vain. It was how I was taught the order of colors in the rainbow. No good, don't need it. I don't know why they wasted our time you learned it? Similar kind of monomic Roigie BIV.
Speaker 3: He was a character who was the rainbow, and yeah, all the letters of his name are the colours in the rainbow in order.
Speaker 2: What it is making my asb right now with soccer tower, Yes, remember it. I failed maths and that is why I do this for a living. Okay, very small skill set to do some of this. Soccerateur was something over hypothenews. All I remember is the mnemonic, not what it actually meant. It was for triggeredometry. Is the internal angles of a triangle?
Speaker 3: I thought it was something to do with like outside of a circle.
Speaker 2: Is it the greens of a lasagna? I don't know. Luke, good morning, Lookie yeah Mite, Yeah, what do you remember from school? Luke? Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Red on Black, Friend of Jack, red on Yellow kill a fellow.
Speaker 2: What this sounds like a threat?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Red on Black, Friend of Jack, red on Yellow kill a fellow.
Speaker 2: Now what's this for?
Speaker 5: It's about coral snakes fight?
Speaker 2: Oh, I need to learn this living in Brighton East Only the dad came face to face with a possum that almost ended my life.
Speaker 5: Oh, you'd be in a bit of trouble there, mate, wouldn't you.
Speaker 2: Yes, breaking down, Luke.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So the snake's got red black yellow. So if it's red on black, you're all right, you're sweet, it's not going to hurt you. But if you've got red on yellow, it can kill you the same snake. You can just tell by the coloring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you say that. Look if I if I'm confronted by one of these fellows, whether it's red on black, black on yellow, pink on black white, I'm terrified. I'm not going to be going what is called? Luke said, Is it wrong?
Speaker 3: If you see a snake go the other way?
Speaker 2: Right? Gary? Yeah? Mate, Good morning, Gary, Welcome to the show. What can you remember from school?
Speaker 9: Counting your knuckles?
Speaker 2: What game is that?
Speaker 3: That was the very first watch?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is what you're bought.
Speaker 10: No, no, we'll Counting your knuckles tells you how many days.
Speaker 9: Are in every month?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 8: How well?
Speaker 11: If you close your fist and count the four knuckles, you go up down, up, down, up down. It goes thirty one, twenty eight, thirty one, thirty Sorry, you got January on top YEP, February down below yep, March, YEP, April, June.
Speaker 7: July and August.
Speaker 11: They've got thirty one together, September, October, tota many days?
Speaker 2: Where's September and October? Is that on the left fist?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 10: On the same feast, You.
Speaker 2: Know it's it's easier just to look at my eye calendar and my phone. Gary.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Christian o'connall Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three The Christian o'connall Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Yesterday started a brand new early morning game and it didn't actually have a name. It was just you listened to the sound effects, guess the song title from the sound effects, And then a couple of you were chucking in some ideas. You had an idea of what we could call it.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, do you want to start with mine?
Speaker 2: Well, I've got four. We've had four possible type of the new early morning game, some production made up for each one of them. One of them is yours. Let's go through them in no particular order. First of all, could it be called this.
Speaker 13: It's six thirty am and time to play the Early Morning game sound Charades.
Speaker 3: Okay, that is mine?
Speaker 2: That's your yeah, all right? Or could it be this?
Speaker 13: It's six thirty am and time to play the Early Morning game Christian soundbag.
Speaker 2: That's one of my that's another one of yours.
Speaker 13: It's six thirty am and time to play the Early Morning Game.
Speaker 8: Sounds like a song to me, Christian.
Speaker 2: That came from a listener yesterday. And then there's this one.
Speaker 13: It's six thirty am and time to play the Early Morning game CD sweep.
Speaker 2: Oh my word right, I'm gonna go with this one.
Speaker 13: It's six thirty am and time to play the Early Morning Game.
Speaker 8: Sounds like a song to me, Christian.
Speaker 2: You got it all right? So demo around this one, I think is really easy for you and Pat's and play. Okay, what's the song?
Speaker 4: We're wolfs of London?
Speaker 3: No month Wolf. I don't know a lot of songs.
Speaker 2: I hardly cry wolf, but not Month's Wolf. Here you will get this a guarantee.
Speaker 14: Oh is it thriller?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: I got this like the wolf? Yeah? Now this one is for you Melbourne nine four one four one oh four three. What's the song. There you go? What song is that? Nine four one four one o four three. We'll take your guesses next and if you get it right, well we your life is about to change. I've got a George Michael c d that came out in nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Good song. Trying to remember the name of the album. This is off that had a really really great album, Jet Are you going to be My Girl? Come on? That was it? There was another, There was a whole there was a clutch about three or four bands sounding a bit like this as well. They all came in the wake of Kings of Leon when they had their first two albums. It was another one as well. Trying to remember the name of Son. No, there's an American one again. Just had a great album and then just burnt out, never to be heard of again.
Speaker 3: I saw Jet in two thousand and four at the Big Day Out festival. Obviously between the time that that album completely blew up, so they would put him still on this smaller stage and everyone's cramming into this almost bar park, climbing up lamp poles and stuff because The album exploded in between the time of booking the band and the actual show.
Speaker 2: Where are they now? Two thousand and four? That were last sighted in the car park at Big Day Out? Where are they now in twenty eighteen?
Speaker 13: All right, let's play this am and time to play the early morning game.
Speaker 8: It sounds like a song to me, Christian.
Speaker 2: Here is this morning's one. Let's go to Dion good morning? Yeah, pretty good, Dean. I hope you well then, oh thanks the calling the show mate. And what do you think the song is?
Speaker 9: Mate?
Speaker 5: Look from the set, I don't even know, but it is a song.
Speaker 8: But to me it comes up there pussy cat baby.
Speaker 2: If that's not a song, someone get a c DC back in the studio and record that now. Pussy can't baby, it's not that much. Marcus. Let's go to you. Good morning, Marcus, Yeah, good morning.
Speaker 9: Christ there you going.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good, mate. And what do you think the song is?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 10: You got to catch me here? The baby's crying?
Speaker 2: Is it catching the cradle?
Speaker 10: Harry Chaban?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is too easy? Too easy? Hey listen, buddy, what a choice you've got. It's like Sophie's choice. Do you either go for the George Michael Listen Without Prejudice, which came out on CD in nineteen ninety. I don't know why this reti station still has it, or another CD the Greatest Hits of Elton John. I know, tough one. Take your time.
Speaker 9: We'll probably think I have to go with the George Michael.
Speaker 2: I think very popular this week. Great choice, great won't let you down mate. All right, buddy, we'll send that in the boast to you. We'll have a great day. Thanks for cording tomorrow morning. Then this needs to get so much harder for.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 4: Will you be our next ten K no Repeat? Workday Winner? I say, I can't say this one. It's just too awkward. Christian. I'm meant to call you fat fingers O'Connell.
Speaker 2: You're actually very thin fingers. I mean exactly.
Speaker 4: It's not even correct, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah? These are really good.
Speaker 4: Accidentally playing the same song twice to be our next ten K no repeat?
Speaker 2: I actually feel sorry for you because you are reading these out and someone writes them. You clearly don't write now, because you're a smart, intelligent woman, but these suck So the only way we're going to get rid of this tedious crap that someone is churning out every half an hour is if I just come on and say, do you know what, We're going to give away the ten k this week? They go. That will end this both hiresome game every half an hour.
Speaker 3: The Pats right, you don't get a Tuesday.
Speaker 2: But if we say we're going to give away the ten k, it's going to go this week. It has to go this week. So what are they going to do once you say that the boss isn't even here right now? They can't make me unset ten k will go this week? All right? Yeah, that's it. Then Pats doesn't have to do that every off and out of pol thing.
Speaker 4: Do you want me to hit the button now.
Speaker 2: They're giving you buttons?
Speaker 1: Breakfast Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, so the ten k is definitely going this week and worked out any of the rest of it, but it's official update. You don't script there, Pats are half an hour ten k we'll go this week and then beat work day Fat The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Show number forty five. It's the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one o four point three on this morning show, then Facebook Marketplace. The Brice is Right is back to the next hour five topics Tuesday, just after eight o'clock. Just a little bit of a clarification needed. Jack and I were just speculating about the band Jet and Jack's last saw them in two thousand and four. Once again it shows that this show has the finger on the bolts of Melbourne. Turns out one of you, Jane, has seen them twice in Melbourne this year and they may have even played at the State of Origin. So Game two, so very much around here in this city.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and very very active Tom who takes the videos, he's seen them this year.
Speaker 2: So glad that was a chance for us to clear up that Jet are actually doing really well. They're actually having a really busy year and not as Jack said that they hadn't been seen since a car park at Big Day Out in two thousand and four.
Speaker 3: But it turns out the Vines, who was the other band.
Speaker 2: And I think it was highly evolved. Yeah, yeah, the album great album. Now we haven't seen the Vines fact. Okay, has anyone seen the vines. And whilst we're on the object of rock and roll, can someone just let me know Jimmy Marnes, I was supposed to be interviewing Rock and Roll Institution Barnsey this Thursday eleven. Am was really excited about it. He's got the movie goer coming out there. What do you want to see as well? And we've heard at the moment we're not sure if he's coming in. He did a gig last night in Queensland where he's put his foot through the stage and then he still lost the rock. He never phones in but Queensland? What's he doing with the best stages? How did you put a foot through the stage? What's it built out of? I mean, how did you put your foot through the stage?
Speaker 3: I guess you just rocked their herd and you stand like, all right, everyone, let's stamp.
Speaker 2: Yeah he can still stamp by yoh? What did he go? Did half a let go? Did all of him go?
Speaker 4: It was right up to the thigh. I think really he's got cuts and bruises up to the thigh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's hope. He's all right? Or is it just an excuse to get out of coming in for the interview Jersey because you can't go, Oh that seems a bit lame. You know, when they hit about the thigh and I've come to him, then where is He's he in A and E? You know, I'll bring you some fruit and oranges and the tape recorder. I will go to you, okay.
Speaker 3: From rural Queensland.
Speaker 2: But if you were at that show that's gonna gig, you always remember there are certain times if you see a show that doesn't go to plan, you'll always remember that. I remember friend of mine was seeing you too and the Edge. This isn't a joke. This happened about a year or two ago. The Edge fell off the edge of the stage right and I was interviewing the band. Now. I was hosting an awards too, about two weeks later, and you two were there Bono and the Edge, and I thought, oh, I'll get a band to go with this. He really didn't like it. He had a huge sense of humor failure about it. Even Bonno coming to me off was going that was really funny. But he hated that he will never come on your show again. He really really he's really embarrassed about it. And you're up there in front of a load of people talking about it, I said, he fell off the edge. How hard can it be? You've got those lights up there, you too, you know it goes stay stay stage at no stage, I said, it's not as if you do. It's not Michael Jackson doing dancing. He's not moonwalking. He just stands in with a big old wow wow. That's all he's got to do.
Speaker 3: And the problem is the stages for you two get so big because they're playing a rain of shows. So he's probably fell like ten foot.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So this morning and talking about what do you still remember now as a grown up. You're an adult, but still latched in the back of your mind somewhere like a spender you're never gonna get rid of. Is something you were taught at school, one of those sort of monomics. I was thinking about this yesterday, but daughter went a first school trip and as she started telling me how the one thing she'd learned was that Wombat's pooh cubed and I said, you always remember this. Now, there's no going back, there's no undo button in your mind. It will stay in there. You'll be my age one day, forty five and struggling to remember when your date of birth is. But you know about wombats pooing in cubes. Yeah, for me, it was always our story. Remember to this day is Richard of York gave battle in Vain. It's the color sequence for rainbows. You were a very similar kind of monomic.
Speaker 3: We had Roigi Bibb the character of the rainbow. It was the same thing, the letters of the colors in the rainbow. Bianca texted me one for the planets in the order of the kind. It's like Mercury, Venus, Earth, et cetera. My very educated mother just served us nine pizzas.
Speaker 2: What is my mercury.
Speaker 3: Educated mother just served Jupiter Uranus, Saturn uranus nine pizzas.
Speaker 2: Oh, Neptune, My very educated mother just served us nine pizzas. It's showing off. Really, Yeah, that's great. Amanda's on the line, Amanda, what do you remember from school?
Speaker 16: I'm from school. I got through chemistry with her. He skipskalaka. Oh my goodness, that is the those twenty elements of the periodic table.
Speaker 2: How do you remember those? And you still remember those?
Speaker 16: I'm going to carry this round with me the first of my life. It doesn't seem to go yeah.
Speaker 2: So do it again for us the first twenty elements of the periodic table.
Speaker 16: Yeah, It'shila girl skip skalaka.
Speaker 2: It sounds like the phone's breaking up, So what is that?
Speaker 16: Clearly and hydrogen helium whippy and brilliant born nitrogen, and I start getting a bit rusty after that.
Speaker 2: Well, no, rusty is one of them. I'm pretty sure rusty is one of the elements.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: What do you still remember as a grown up that you were taught in score? It's still state lodged in your brain. You can't get rid of it. Caroline, Good morning, Good morning, Good morning, Carolin, welcome to the show. What's it for you? Then? What is still in there? What's never going to leave? Your brain?
Speaker 17: Had a spell?
Speaker 12: Paramatta and Mississippi.
Speaker 2: Again, these are essential life skills, aren't they? All right? So Paramata, missus missus missus r A awesome? Is that amazing? How you can just do that? All right? And then Mississippi, I still struggle.
Speaker 14: With this, Missus m Missus, miss Simons the pip.
Speaker 2: I Genius, You are a genius. Well done.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Christians decided we're giving away another ten k before the end of the week, Catches repeating the song between six and six to be our next ten k no repeat Workday winner.
Speaker 1: The Christian o'connall Breakfast Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've had to think about that, so yes, I have decided that the ten k will definitely go this week. Boss is in yet so and the first play of the song that will be repeated will be at seven am one morning this week.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 8: It's the Facebook Marketplace.
Speaker 2: Price is right.
Speaker 8: Good three shown.
Speaker 2: JP in the house Christian Good Morning.
Speaker 4: Lusty.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this week this is how we deal with Then I go through Facebook Marketplace, have a look at what people are selling, Jack and Pat's got to guess how much are they selling it for? Basically who selles this tap? Some of the stuff we've got this week is incredible, some of it some sad backstories about why they're selling it.
Speaker 3: And last week we had the crutches. Don't it's said to be Surely he made up that part about it. It's the best gift. I can honestly swear. I saw it later it was.
Speaker 2: Real, yep. And we even put it up online last week. One of the items that we found was a crutch, not a pair of crutches for somebody. Maybe he's just had a leg injury. Just a crutch with the description ideal give for someone who's just lost a leg. Their words, not mine. They keep telling people what I like, Is he having a gut? No, I'm just saying they wrote that. I didn't write it. Who would write quite an insensitive way? Ideal give for someone who's just lost a leg? All right? This goes straight into this one selling my beloved wedding dress. Oh dear, that's a sad moment for any that a lady priced in Hobart for fifty one hundred dollars paid six hundred dollars one once.
Speaker 4: You just gave the price away, No for.
Speaker 3: Less pats, take it easy, will need a dry clean the original retail price with fifteen hundred she paid six hundred. Yep, what does she want for the key line here will need a dry clean. So basically it's expensive and a ball eight to dry clean anything.
Speaker 2: Right, a wedding dress? How much is even that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: That that costs of fortune? It's I think I paid like three eighty or four hundred to get.
Speaker 2: So if I was getting married, right, and maybe you know, money was tight. Weddings are super expensive. Sure people must have to do this by a pre owned wedding dress. I don't even have to go wash somebody else's whatever they spilled on it out of it.
Speaker 3: But would you want to wash it anyway?
Speaker 2: Like you would?
Speaker 3: You just pick it up and get straight into it?
Speaker 2: Can you put it? What would happen if you put a washing addressed this in the washing machine anyway and a good old forty or sixty wash?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, no, what happens it?
Speaker 4: Would you'd wreck it?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Actually, if it's lace and tear it to shreets.
Speaker 2: I don't even like putting a baseball cap in. You don't want to damage that beautif it's up there with a wedding dress. All right, guys, what do you think then? What's she asking for? This friend in Tasman?
Speaker 4: I reckon, it's going to be less than what it's going to cost her to dry clan. So I'm I'm going to say two fifty from Pats.
Speaker 3: Jack two forty nine.
Speaker 2: No way, I said before you all. No one done nudging as you call it, I think less. I reckon two hundred, three hundred and fifty dollars go into bats all right. When we come back, we've got another wedding item with a very angry description about it, and a couple of other things as well. As we continue with Facebook Marketplace. The price is right. At the moment, Pats is winning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Let's get into round two.
Speaker 8: It's the Facebook Marketplace.
Speaker 2: Price is right. Meet the contestants show down on Crazy Ad Space Connects in the House. Christian alrighty eyes down for the second round on Facebook Marketplace. I've been trolling through what people are selling this thing labeled as walking thing. Couldn't find any more words in the English language, which they's got words for everything. Walking thing. Let me describe the photo. You know this thing, but you wouldn't actually type out, look at it and think there must be a better way. Can I just google what it actually is. It's a stroller, you know, the one that people have, they put in front of them and they move. It's got wheels and it keeps them stabling up.
Speaker 4: A walking aid.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: True, it's like a walking frame, but I can see where they went. It's not a walking frame though, walking thing.
Speaker 2: Walking thing. Where does that leave us? We just refer to as things foot holder thing, shoe, walking thing, not just that. The photo. The photo again, I'm always done, like you couldn't you couldn't do another photo. You know, there's filters and everything. It's a manky old garden, plastic patio furniture, bear's scorched earth, and it's on a dirty bed sheet. Oh yeah, it's like someone's escape from an aside. They're gone. Don't worry about giving chase. Just sell the walking thing that they used to bust out. How much smokes for the walking thing?
Speaker 4: I'm going to say fifty dollars for this one.
Speaker 3: Ninety goost to Pats, tune in at the moment, bang on the nose.
Speaker 2: Fifty bucks.
Speaker 4: It's yours what I've always wanted.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to this one.
Speaker 3: I'd love to see you rolling around a walking thing.
Speaker 2: In bushing people out the way, not.
Speaker 3: Because you've got an injury, but just because you're lazy.
Speaker 4: I'll be an angry grannie.
Speaker 2: Jewelry box jewelry box originally purchased from prowds, black felt lining and in condition. Outside is a little faded, aren't we all bubble buff up? Good as new? This is the this is a kicker for me types of stuff. Has Kate engraved on the lid, camera removed by cobbler or somebody cobbler otherwise perfect gift.
Speaker 4: If you know a Kate, how are they spelling it with a serrak ok?
Speaker 2: Has Kate engraved on the lid? Can be removed by cobbler or something. Cobblers do shoes. They don't take out people's names. It's not like those tattoo people.
Speaker 3: Just trying to think of doing. Cobblers will go down to to get it removed. All right, how much do we think this is jewelry box faded on the outside, but mint condition on the inside of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for Kate, says Kate on it can be rooved by shoe cobbler. Hundred bucks.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say thirty for this one.
Speaker 2: Oh my word, she's bread on the thirty three from three.
Speaker 4: Who do I know with the name Kate?
Speaker 2: She's a machine? All right? One final one? You need this, just a chance of redemption. Triple nine carrot white gold, diamond bridle ring.
Speaker 4: Sets set nine carrot only nine white gold.
Speaker 2: Listen to this. It's a sadness here and then anger. Oh. I don't know who wrote this, but I'm guessing a guy just from this one line. Never worn her loss? Is your game?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 2: Actually tie that out and click. No, don't need to end edit that post. Never worn her Loss? Your game?
Speaker 4: Has it got a stone in it? Did you say? How big is the stone?
Speaker 2: Twenty minimeterres? She asked, going all like questions, you know this is? What is that?
Speaker 16: This is?
Speaker 4: What quality is it?
Speaker 2: What color?
Speaker 4: What clarity?
Speaker 2: What do you think? I'm not sure? Then just get my eyepiece out.
Speaker 4: Twenty mills.
Speaker 2: That's quite okay. Guesses please, folks, guesses base brand.
Speaker 3: I'm going because it's got no sentimental value attached. It's got baggage attached.
Speaker 4: He's not floating it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how let me need a win here? You need to win here? Oh? Not, no way? What eighteen hundred?
Speaker 3: Yes, Jackie, show him.
Speaker 2: I would not do that just to help out with it.
Speaker 6: Win that get out of it.
Speaker 2: Les if you get the last one, it draws. So three old guys, the serious eighteen hundred dollars, never one loss of your game.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: It is time four Melbourne's biggest phone in. It's called beer. Five Top of Tuesday.
Speaker 6: What it was.
Speaker 2: Soburd it go back, STAPs, go back, all right? Five topic Tuesday five phone in topics running at the same time. So this is what I've got this morning for your Melbourne looking for your stories. As ever this number keep it in your phone then it's easy just to tell us up about anything. Nine four one one oh four three. Jackie, you could have called that five minutes ago. Jackie's just texted in Christian, I need that bitter guy's wedding ring and getting married in November on the cheap Jackie. You should look at me cool. I'll send you a link to his age. What's great as well. I've just had another look at the photo of him selling that ring never worn her loss as your gain on Facebook marketplace. Big old man hands with a tiny little ring. So like shreks and and again the photo you couldn't edit it? Why do we need to see your phone's only on fourteen percent? But if he's still angry about the old lady taking off, he hasn't got time to change the phone. All right. Five topic Tuesday. First, I'm looking for your work experience stories. We've all done work experience. Ninety nine percent of it is boring. It's rare you did something amazing. There are two girls right now, good kids, Tanya and Macey, doing work experience, observing this show already. They're having a great time. Guess what they've just told me. You normally listen to Nova and Triple M. Yeah, thank you, girls like us. I get it all right. We've got a couple of Nova fans in on the show. I wish it we were doing it with Sam Pang I love Pangy. Do you even know who this guy is? He's even from round here. Why do we get the short straw? Our friends are at Nova right now, hag He's giving them a lift and of shops afterwards. Sorry experiences, Yeah, work experience stories. Looking for those nine four one four one oh four three. Also stories of what happened on your school trip. My teenager Ruby went on her first one yesterday here in Australia, off to do Melbourne Zoo while the boys killed a butterfly by trailing on it. And she's now learned that one that's queue in Pooh in cubes. All right, so we're look at what happened in your school trip. Fainting stories. You've seen someone fake before they just go. I've seen people faint at weddings at the top, at the aisle. I've seen guys is keel over it. It just takes you down. Fainting stories. When have you seen it? Has it happened to you? Nine four three? What have you accidentally put in the wash? Did it work afterwards or did it get broken? Found some earbuds that that accidentally left in my jeans. They're working. My earbuds work. What did you accidentally wash? And I'm still not sure two hours later about this one? Hang on, just need to check with you. I'm not sure we can do this. Let me just put the show on hold a minute while we have a production meeting.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, temporarily let's put it out, all right, temporarily.
Speaker 2: Test the water. I just want management to know this came from producer Brad, but I believe hasn't quite signed his contract yet, so keep this hanging over him. His idea things you've had stuck inside you? Last week? We had your head stuck in things before that, foot and hands. Now what if you had stuck inside you? Everyone tread carefully, Okay, keep your hands inside the ride scream if you want to go faster? Okay, what if you had stuck inside you? Hey, now the old Nova fans have woken up. Yeah, Panny wouldn't do it like this. Okay.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We're doing five Topic Tuesday, work experience, stories, skill trips, fainting, what have you accidentally washed? And this one's on the head of producer Brad. What if you had stuck inside of you? Let's go to lines. Good morning, Natasha, Good morning, How are you pretty good? Natasha? Welcome to five Topic Tuesday. What have you got for us?
Speaker 14: Well, A long long time ago, when I was fifteen, I did work experience at Channel ten News YEP, and that was pretty excit. I think I got to decline. An autographed from Carli Minogue and all the rest of the Channel ten growth.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, can I stop you?
Speaker 2: Then, Natasha, you got to decline and autograph she wanted yours.
Speaker 14: No, she she ate all the chocolates that I'd made for the team and then said, but I like her autographed and I was so missed.
Speaker 2: I said, no, I love that. And what was it like doing work experience there other than Kylie Minogue eating all your chocolates for the team, what, well, that.
Speaker 14: Was pretty awesome.
Speaker 12: But I did this trip.
Speaker 14: We took a helicopter up to the country somewhere to meet the then president Bob Hawk.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 14: And we're all lined up when you know, outside Australia, pretty dusty and all of that. We're lined up waiting to shake his hand on really bad. Heyes either and as he got to me, puts his hand out to shake mine and I sneezed on him.
Speaker 7: You to retract the hand.
Speaker 14: That hand went back like inspector gadget.
Speaker 2: Natasha, you're a great story teller. Thank you very much for giving us a call. That is what we're looking for. On five to a Bit Tuesday, that was that's a pretty cool Sarah. You can hear the houses are on. Hey, Sarah, that's right, Christian. Hey, I'm good. Are you? Are you pulled over? Your safe?
Speaker 17: I am, I've just pulled over.
Speaker 2: We can't afford to leave a listener. I've seen it. It's listening figures. We need to keep each one of you alive, all right, Sarah, which topic you're cooling in about? Mate?
Speaker 17: That work experience? I did work experience at brashes in the nineties, which was like JB high five?
Speaker 4: Yeah, classic?
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 2: And what were you doing there out? Are you out the back in the storeroom or no?
Speaker 17: No, working on the sales floor.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 17: So I did it the week that the Titanic soundtrack came out. Unfortunately for me, they played My Heart Will Go On on repeat the entire week. Entire week.
Speaker 2: Oh that's torture.
Speaker 3: Does that still bring back memories every time you hear it? Sure does.
Speaker 2: Having a scard for live Sarah, thank you very much. She called James. Yes, James, you got a fainting story? Did it happen to you?
Speaker 9: I've actually got three fainting stories, all right.
Speaker 2: The first one was and listen, my friend, James, listen, listen live radio show, pick me your best one. Okay, this is not an audience with James. Best one, all right, go through them all quickly. Now that's it. Give me the best one, this.
Speaker 9: One, the best one. We'll be driving at one hundred kilometers an hour down the freeway. I had a coughing fit and passed out and went into the barrier right off.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, and you okay?
Speaker 2: Anyone else injured?
Speaker 9: I mean no, no, no one else was hurt. I wasn't hurt other than a bit of the pride and the ego. But the car was all the way down one side damaged in a complete ride off.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I didn't know that. I mean, I was saying earlier it was I faint. He just grabs you. But James, now now I'm gonna have to as this, what's the second best one? You've got an extreme one there? What's in the middle, buddy.
Speaker 9: Almost twelve months later to the day, at home, in front of the kids, I passed out and broke my nose all over the land room.
Speaker 2: James, have you have you consulted a GP because you might have low blood pressure?
Speaker 9: I did, actually after the second one, and it turned out it was a result of a chest infection and all the coughing.
Speaker 2: I've been doing right okay, and you're okay now all good.
Speaker 9: Hasn't happened since and that was three and a half years ago.
Speaker 2: This is great. Three and a half years has been clean, no facing, good stuff. Jimmy, all right before we hit the ads, Christy, Hi, okay, you go oh well, wow, wow wow, you've got your somehow manager combine one or two of the topics this morning. Yeah.
Speaker 18: I was years ago doing work experience at the local vets and they didn't warn me about how strongly operating wis we're going to be, so I passed out mid.
Speaker 2: Operations fainting and work experience at the vets. That's great, all right, Christy, thank you very much. You cool. Keep your girls coming, Melbourne The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We're doing five topics Tuesday, and we do this every week, running five topics at the same time, looking for your stories some brilliant once are ready this morning. Thank you very much for everyone calling in. It makes us work every week. And are your text as well? And people are calling me right now on my mobile number that you've got. We're looking for stories about work experience. You've done school trips, fainting stories, what have you accidentally washed? And I'm not sure about this one. Things you've had stuck inside of you. We have people with those though, Ready to come on here, Jared, Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 9: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good, Jared? What's your story this morning?
Speaker 10: So it's a fainting story on a school trip on grade five camp up at Mount Buffalo back in the eighties, and did the did the dishes in the morning and bitterly cold day, sat around the campfire and passed out and fell onto the fire.
Speaker 2: Oh my word, So you're right. Did you get third degree burns? Wipened?
Speaker 10: It was a singed hair and a bit of a little bit of a burn to you.
Speaker 5: So I looked a little bit like.
Speaker 10: Michael Jackson and his Pepsi machine incident.
Speaker 2: As a topical reference for your work experience schedule today.
Speaker 10: So thankfully you a young lady pulled me off and off the fire.
Speaker 2: And say, school trips, anything can happen.
Speaker 3: Pat's a red car you get.
Speaker 2: Pulled off the fire. I mean some children working on this show taking an innostant man's words and twist them. Karen Good morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 15: How are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, very good Karen. Karen, Oh, Karen, you've got still about something being stuck inside of you?
Speaker 15: Oh? Yes, My youngest son, actually my middle son, had put something in his ear and we couldn't get it out and we got to the hospital to find that. You know, there's a little craft is eyes, ye, little bubble eyes. He had put one of those in his so the doctors looked in and had an eye looking back.
Speaker 2: Something in there, and it would have been magnified as well, because a third I'm gonna have to take a photo of this or medical conference. I'm gonna famous around the world, thy kid, Karen, thank you very much.
Speaker 12: Kim, Hey, hello are you Christian?
Speaker 2: I'm very good? Thank you, Kim and Kim. I'm looking at my state of the art phone system here and all I can see is stuck inside Kim.
Speaker 19: First date, it was, it was absolutely embarrassing, but we had I was asked out and we had a gorgeous outside table.
Speaker 12: If the moonlight was happening, everything was gorgeous. A little bit of cleavage fine from him from me, and I ordered a ginger steamed feace, thinking a lady like Philip would be just nice. Took one mouthful, lovely second mouthful. There's a working, great bony in there your throat throat?
Speaker 2: Now did he do the heimnik?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 12: He stayed there. There's stunts. Well. I left up from the table like Warner brothers, Tasmanian devil everywhere. He wore the entire contents of the meal. I tipped the table upside down, disrupted as as a diners that landed on.
Speaker 2: She would have been choking. I mean, it's it's really bad.
Speaker 12: I was choking and one of the waiters came up and he forcibly blocked my nose. I had to open my mouth. He shoved on the bread.
Speaker 2: It's just like rough place this something you does.
Speaker 3: Someone want to assassinate you can sorry? Why did you shove bread down your throat?
Speaker 2: Is that? Is that a thing? Does it work?
Speaker 12: If you two on a piece of bread, it actually pushes the bone down.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure that the big old bread that buns up your throat. I mean, they didn't do that miss when Peterson was choking.
Speaker 12: It was honestly the most horror high situation I never ate, because you.
Speaker 2: Then I have to ask what happened to the guy, did you go on a second date? What's what happened to him?
Speaker 12: I saw Mkin.
Speaker 2: On whose who did he? Did you try and get hold of him again to say hey, sorry, let's have a second go at this?
Speaker 12: Or was he he just fished?
Speaker 2: All right? Thank you very much for these calls.
Speaker 1: The Christian Who Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Our big topic Tuesday five phone in topics at the same time, at the moment you appear to be obsessed with give it us more fainting stories and things have been stuck inside of you erin good.
Speaker 7: Morning, good morning, how are you guys well?
Speaker 2: Great form and joining all the calls this morning Aaron like yours? What have you got for s mate?
Speaker 7: I had a stirtieth birthday party and it was Mexican things. So I ordered a margarita machine and decided to trial it out the night before, and I had my mother with me, and I got a bit suzzled and decided to say, babe, Mom tried his MARGARITEA it's really really good because I was having a great time, and gave my mom and Mark reader and she took two SIPs and her eyes rolled back in her head and next thing, she hit the floor like a back and smacked the back of her head on a metal rail between the line and the carpet. Split her head open and blood started spurting everywhere, and I had to put compression on it, call an ambulance, and the ambulance came and got her, and I had the kids running around watching I'm going, what's your DVD? What's your DVD? Because I didn't want the kids traumatize, so I had them watching a DVD and the ambulance came picked mam up, took her to the hospital, stitched Mama up. She came back the next morning, helped me run the party.
Speaker 2: She was just amazing, like, that's a trooper.
Speaker 7: You got there from mum Right now, she's a trooper.
Speaker 2: What happened to the margarite machine? That's come I'm thinking and we got an update on that.
Speaker 7: I drank most of it.
Speaker 3: Did Mum go back for a second drink erin or absolutely not.
Speaker 7: She has not touched an icy beverage since.
Speaker 3: You think it was a case of severe brain freeze, It was brain freeze.
Speaker 7: She has never touched an icy beverage since all.
Speaker 2: Them up flurry you mean both things will give flashbacks. That's incredible.
Speaker 7: You think she's steered clear of it because it obviously has very severe effects on her.
Speaker 2: So do you know what I'm thinking about? Margarita's are an amazing coptail idea for show. Margarita Fridays.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm in for that.
Speaker 3: Didn't even didn't.
Speaker 2: They had to convince her. I will be in for it too. Yeah, get a Margarita machine Friday. Every hour another Margarita. See how the show goes.
Speaker 4: That'll be interesting.
Speaker 2: But no manager and get upset. They can have a Margarita Sunday's not such a big deal. Margarita Fridays.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three one of the.
Speaker 2: Top it's on five Top of Tuesday. Has been inspired by my two special guests in the studio right now, that is Tanya and Macy. They're doing work experience here. Welcome to the show, girls, Thankee. So you've been in since yesterday? Yes, take me through what happened yesterday and then we talk about what happened this morning. So yesterday, yes, it was a.
Speaker 20: Bit of an adventure. We got here, went through some graphic design stuff. And then we went and delivered.
Speaker 3: Plants with a radio station.
Speaker 21: We were sat in a van for about god was it half an hour?
Speaker 2: Hockey's fan you never get yeah, yeah, no, we had to watch out.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 21: And then we went and picked up these plastic plants and.
Speaker 2: They were plastic. Hey, listen, what have I talked about the hydroponics stops? You can't don't get kids involved eating on the streets.
Speaker 3: Okay, that reminds me of my work experience.
Speaker 2: I did nothing.
Speaker 3: I went to a guitar shop, thought I'd be playing guitar all the time, and it was no playing guitars in the storeroom, putting like cardboard boxes into recycled bins for a week. But you guys are now actually doing the radio part of a radio station, which is the magic happened?
Speaker 2: So how has it been this morning? First of all, what time did you have to get up to come and do this?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 21: I worke up at five thirty in the morning, right over five.
Speaker 2: Okay, And how's it been You've been watching? You've seen producer becks shouting at caller. She's got no volume control.
Speaker 21: She's been doing her best pretty good.
Speaker 2: Actually, Yeah, now, be honest. I don't mind. Okay, I know that you're too young cool to listen to my show.
Speaker 3: Okay, well I beg to differ.
Speaker 2: Well, you're not young or cool?
Speaker 21: Oh yeah yeah, yeah, old and a bit daggy.
Speaker 2: So what do you normally listen to?
Speaker 20: You?
Speaker 2: You look like Nova Fox Lit, a bit of a rock on myself.
Speaker 21: Yes, yeah, I like my old ladies.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay, Well this is the radio station for you. Guys.
Speaker 21: Know we've hit the jackpot.
Speaker 2: And what do you you thought of today's show? What have you learned? So you know you've seen how it works, You've seen what we do in this little room here? What the producers Brad and becks to Have you learned anything? Has it inspired you to work harder at school so you don't end up like us?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 20: Yeah, from the last caller we learned to you know you're choking on a bone? Have a piece of bread? No?
Speaker 21: Yeah, just general behind the scenes. Pretty cool to be honest as.
Speaker 3: Does it look hard or does it look easy?
Speaker 2: She's a great example. She is someone who works really hard at a job.
Speaker 3: She's one way you do talking into the microphone. It is difficult talking to like five different people.
Speaker 4: That's actually still.
Speaker 2: Suck people aren't. These people aren't calling in. They're the voices in his head, the real talent you thank you. Yes, you should run a radio I like you. That's And what do you girls want to do when you're very young? She got your whole life out of you? But what do you actually want to do at the moment?
Speaker 21: I'm stuck between like engineering or like media?
Speaker 2: So like either engineering? Yeah all right, because that's the thing about media is the people that run media, radio stations or TV shows they are like sharks and they will take you down and eat you and drowning that you go back up thinking you've escaped, and back down you go, well, I think I might just go head home.
Speaker 1: Like me.
Speaker 2: Okay, do not end up like me? Kids? You know how old are you? Your kids? Do you know what? When I was fifteen, I was never as confident and as cool as you. You are such naturals, you know you are. You can easy do a radio show. Proved how easy it is. So that ticket you've done your first.
Speaker 21: Radio show, you did a great name we have we have?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So it was Tania and Macy yeah so and m yeah yeah. There you know some girls are you still hanging around today? You were helping us out in the station tomorrow. What didn't you have rights or anything?
Speaker 6: All day?
Speaker 21: More plans to move.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got five dollars, Yes, I got five dollars.
Speaker 21: The best meal ever. Where we're going to go, we'll get some great meals.
Speaker 2: Listen, girls, it has been a joy chat to you on all the Welcome to ask any questions whilst you're on the show. And if you want to come back in this you don't need to get out and get up really early. If you want to come back in and how actually hop out on the show this week, I'm more than happy to give you some actual proper stuff to do if you'd like to do that. Thank you. Yeah, well then you've got your girls who credit to your parents and also your schools as well, so you're doing a great job. Really. I know you've been really paying attention this morning. Two of you actually both got off your phone in the last twenty minutes, which is incredible. Right, he's probably looking for a charger right now. All right, kids, you did brilliant there. Okay, thank you very right. More than we're going to holp a out this week.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Pats, what's that? Vienna has toppled Melbourne? As the worlds listen, I I my family, you know the way that I sold it to them. I'm moving to the world's most limable city. I'm leaving London behind. I'm coming ten thousand miles with the wife and kids, start a new radio show here.
Speaker 4: Vienna looks like we're going to Vienna, doesn't it.
Speaker 6: I mean, what what?
Speaker 20: What?
Speaker 2: How they toppled this great city?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 4: We've had it for a while, though, haven't we.
Speaker 2: You had it for years a story you guys beaten Sydney beating Vancouver. It's always you know, Vancouver, you guys, Sydney very competitive. Now do you do this? It's been a typo autore Australia, Austria very very easy to be an auto correctness state. We need to we need to look into this all right, Today's at work time waster. For a while there we were worried that my interview on Thursday after the show with a rock and roll institution in this country, Jimmy Barnes, have Vienna got Jimmy Barnes. Huh oh, anyway, he fell through a gap in the stager where we heard of in Queensland. He's okay. He has got upper thigh cuts and he will be giving him an exclusive interview Thursday about those upper thigh abrasions. Reasons to listen, all right, So today, luckily Barnesy is okay. It's coming in Thursday to see us a goal. But we're looking for the atwork time waster has been inspired by this. Injure a band or a singer, I've got Perry Coma, rolling kidney stones, painful dead shearing. That's probably a bit too dark. No One CC penicillin we played earlier CC penicillin and third eye patch. They've got that third eye one for the work experience. Kids, look it up, all right, what have you got?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 3: Injure a band radio Headache to wait tells them a CDC becomes acl DC.
Speaker 2: Oh, very good. That's very small.
Speaker 3: Thirty seconds to scars than in the background.
Speaker 2: Really smart. I just think actually the moy think about it. Your strength is as a writer on the show.
Speaker 3: Panic at the dislocated toe.
Speaker 2: Oh you went hands down. That's a gold run. Damn it. That's very good, that's what we're looking for this morning. Then on the outword time waster injure a band or singer textures in Oh four seven five O three one oh four three. That's our number, really easy to remember, oh four seven five O three one oh four three. So that's like the winning lotto numbers. Oh four seven five O three one O four three. We're martin them, Jackel market them in ten minutes time Gold Silver.
Speaker 1: Bronze, the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I am a I guess you'd call it honorary resident at the moment. You know, I can't feel the right to say I'm I'm Albernian yet, but even I'm annoyed that Vienna has now pictured to the posters the world's most livapoo city. I've had a quick look on Wikipedia. I've been to austral not been to Vienna. Famous residents Mozart's mate Hoven and of course the godfather of psychology, Sigmund Freud. Yeah, all right, in your face, Vienna, Barnzi, Pharnsi and Kylie Minogue. Should we change the mixtape tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Last minute? To you know, Buck and your favorite classes.
Speaker 2: Of songs, change the format overnight. All right? Then today is that word time waster is injure a band? You ready to mark?
Speaker 5: Ready?
Speaker 2: So okay? Five seconds of sunstroke.
Speaker 3: It took me a while to get it. Bronze, five seconds of.
Speaker 2: Summer Yeah, Scott and Waraby Tougher, two Black Eyed Peas, Lim and l will take about. Well done, Alison Sprains clever. That's good gold. No name on that one. If you're texting in, please tag your name on it so we can give you the kudos you need. Flour's got this one little little river bandage, I didn't mind it. Silver plus iggy popped shoulder. That's really good gold. You didn't put your name on that. What I know is your last three digits or your phone A seven seven eight. Narrel's got nine inch ingrown tonel.
Speaker 3: Silver plus.
Speaker 2: Credence, Cardiac revival, Marvin Frankston, well done, uised nose, Mars, bruised nose, Mars, bruised nose Mars, very good gold, Platinum World, No name, but your digits. Last three digits of your number are O two oh. John varn hamstring strain breaching, Bronze, Paul Scott and Werby. He tried to come back with that one. He got a bronze early stubble bronzes today Scottie Billy Ray virus dash he cat acts as well. Gold have some Shane men in hospital? What's that?
Speaker 3: Men in hats?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's that? Ras breezes as we call them. This is why Vienna has got the waves. That's reason. That's not the reason Nicol broke back. It's the headline. None of us want to ever read that anything before those beautiful boys. Bronze. Oh, I don't know. I just didn't care for it. Okay, you don't know why I could sort of crazy leader would do that. One last one death Leopard, Hello, cut here, didn't anything with it, Lady Frankie goes to Hollywood. No, sorry, hospital.
Speaker 3: Silver plus could have been of gold if it was delivered properly by the host.
Speaker 2: All right, Joe, And one last one, Bruce, A whole load more have just come in. I'm just not one here we go, I've got it. Bruce Sprain, Spleen, Sprain.
Speaker 3: Spleen, Spleen, should just go one, Bruce Springsteen. So bronze, David broken knee Wroth broken, David Lee Roth broken knee Roth No Gold, didn't like it Gold.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Yesterday Pats opened up a big wormhole and what you start talking about twelve hours later was all over the local news here in Melbourne about these Coals mini collectibles.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: The city's gone nuts through it. I don't wonders how big it wass. Angry people queuing up outside Coals on the news doing fox bops. So you've only got one Autrey's only got one last thing she needs to collect.
Speaker 4: Yes, the potato gems?
Speaker 2: Right, and what are you doing today?
Speaker 4: You're meeting one of our list with Peanut out at Point Cook. She's a grandma from Point Cook and we're going to do a swap down the back line?
Speaker 3: Did Coles say that some are more rare than others? These potato gems are hard to get?
Speaker 4: They're actually not officially, but speaking to a lot of the people in the que on Saturday, no one had the teller so and the chocolate milk the oak. So it's like if they've released fewer of Summer oh, I see, just to annoy parents.
Speaker 2: So how are you going to guarantee your safety. All we know is on air. She tells you a grandma. It could be someone luring you into a honey trap.
Speaker 4: If I don't turn up tomorrow morning, you'll know that something's great.
Speaker 2: Well, if you don't turn up to my morning, we're all screwed because Jack and I are going to be doing the news. So please do come into my right and you need a third party.
Speaker 3: You see each other at the end of the wingman. I go with the paper bag to one end, show that what are you giving? What are you handing over?
Speaker 2: Milo a miley?
Speaker 3: I say, here's the mini Milo. Yeah, I take the mini potato gems over to you. You guys give each other a thumbs up from the other side.
Speaker 2: Or where you range to meet her. There's a phone there. It starts ringing. You're observing high up. I've seen the movie Heat. Okay, well, and then you go okay. Now you give them where you're meeting up.
Speaker 4: The eagle is landed. Yes, are you volunteering yourself?
Speaker 2: Jack?
Speaker 3: No, I can't come out. You live so far away in the opposite direction, can't.
Speaker 2: That's Goody cares about you. He's a gentleman.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So this morning our show announced that the ten k could be given away this week. I think earlier actually may have you.
Speaker 3: Said it would be given away.
Speaker 2: They won't listen to that. Destry polish it up to save my job here. Otherwise I'm going to have to look for a gig in Vienna. So could be one this week as the ten k Nerobeat work day is broken. But tomorrow morning seven am will be the first chance for you to hear the song that could be played twice. This is a mind field. We need the lawyer in here now.
Speaker 3: Oh you say really, what you're saying now is there will be a song played at seven.
Speaker 2: Am, tomw Yes, that's what there has to be. There'll be a couple of play tomorrow eight am, seven thirty five, seven thirty seven. Listen to all them and enjoying all of them, but the most important one is the one at seven am.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for listening to the show. We are back tomorrow morning. Thanks all the calls, all the stories and text. On five topic Tuesday, another great one today and you made that work. Check out tonight eight thirty Our boy Jack posts on TV. It's the second episode of two Stories Tonight with Hamish and Andy. You have a speaking role and one of the bits.
Speaker 3: The way they pitched me the role was bad actor in regional TV commercial. I have two lines in a total of twenty seven seconds airtime.
Speaker 2: But I think that that's a challenge for an actor to make a bad performance unless you're doing it as a method thing. And you're exactly right, Christian, because I've seen it and it is, in a word powerful. Now could that be int as powerfully bad or very wouldn't But then they ask you to be like that or they saw something in you like this won't be a stretch for Jack.
Speaker 3: Well, Mum and dad are going out to dinner tonight and never asked us to tape it because they won't be there to watch her. I was like, it's only it's.
Speaker 2: Twenty seconds, twenty seconds blink, did you miss it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But there are no small parts my friends. Okay, check it out tonight eight thirty True Stories with Hamish Nandy, second episode of the brilliant new series We are back tomorrow Morning Sights of today's show, is Her Loss Your Game?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three