Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast. Baby Girls Through Me is still in New York.
Speaker 2: She has abandoned me, but she's also kind of here spiritually, conceptually, aggressively, esoterically, omnipotently. No, she's not here, but we have recorded this a week or so ago, so you don't miss us too much.
Speaker 1: Because we are thoughtful beings. Mostly Mickey.
Speaker 2: Yana is just really good at her job and she plans in advance. So here's some of our best bits.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Flex and Rooms on Kita.
Speaker 3: I was hanging out with my cousin David a couple of weeks ago. Turns out that we are both hubanan pilled. Andrew Hugman is a neuroscientist who has a podcast called Human Lab where he talks about hormones, lifestyle, moods, all of these amazing things, how to optimize yourself. Yeah, I've learned a lot from it. Chin wagging my cousin. He said that he watched a little YouTube short, which i'd be questionable, but he loves YouTube shorts.
Speaker 4: He's thirty six. I'll give him a whole pass. Yeah, get on top.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, shorts is rogue, though it's super rogue.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's not judge him too harshly.
Speaker 4: I think he has an android though, so yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Off that twenty twenty three inns. I'm not judging android users.
Speaker 3: I have the tape from the Human Lab. Yes, this is a YouTube or tape.
Speaker 4: I have the tape. Please make you play the tape.
Speaker 5: The pattern of breathing is really simple. I do it anytime I'm starting to feel a little worn out or like i might be catching something, or if I was on a plane and someone around me seemed like they weren't doing so well. Involves twenty five deep breaths in through the nose in this case, out through the mouth, and at the end of that exhaling all your air, holding your breath for fifteen to sixty seconds. Don't fight the impulse to breathe. When you feel the impulse to breathing, breathe in, and then hold your breath or as long as you can until you feel the impulse to breathe. But it basically I want you all twenty five.
Speaker 4: It goes something like this.
Speaker 5: So big that right, and I can already feel I'm kind of heating up. Yeah, that's the real adrenaline is the signals the immune system to deploy these killer cells and these cells that go in combat infection.
Speaker 2: We tried that as that was playing. I don't know if I like the feeling of adrenaline with no context. That feels anxiety. And there's something about breathing in the sneezy air after speculation of infection that doesn't sit right with me. If you want it to work, if it didn't, you'd be like if it didn't work, you'd be mad.
Speaker 4: And if you think I wouldn't get a hold anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all in the head. Thanks you man. Then thank you to my cousin bringing that to my attention. I might try it, I'll likely forget. And as I said, I'm usually the perpartarty of sickness. So just keep an eye out everyone if you're close.
Speaker 1: All right, astrology is over.
Speaker 2: There's a new kid in town and it's called birth orders. If you always felt as though astrologier didn't hit the mark, but you wanted a personality assessment that you could loosely judge everybody by, this is one for you. I think you're gonna this And after hearing this, you might wish you were born at a different time or in a different order. So I made a little tweet the other day on a thread.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I apologized, I made a thread. They need to figure out what are you doing freaking out? We made a.
Speaker 2: Thread and the thread said am I self interested? Or am I just the youngest sibling? Naturally went gangbusters. It encouraged me to do a bit of research about birth orders because we know a bit of the light generalizations, but I thought there might be more to it.
Speaker 1: So this guy called Adler.
Speaker 2: He had theories about how your birth order impacts the kind of person you become, and he says that it has a lot to do with whether your life is destined for greatness or sadness.
Speaker 1: It is that deep.
Speaker 2: Bear in mind though this whole theory has developed over one hundred years ago. It's a different time, a different place. A lot of it can be heaps valid, but a lot of it's like really contradictory as well. It says that the basic firstborn child personality is having higher levels of intellect than other children and other birth orders.
Speaker 1: As a standard, they're more like to be leaders.
Speaker 2: Given that they are the leader of the children and have personality traits such as persistence and emotional stability. They tend to feel either authoritarian or entitled to some kind of power or status because they've had it growing up. Other traits include the controlling, conscientious, cautious, reliable achievers, neurotic construction. A lot of the firstborn child friends that I have are the mum friends. I don't think they want to be, but they are. The hard road, isn't it's yeah, it's not great, brother, and we do sympathize per a dynamic.
Speaker 1: For us literally too toddling and the mum.
Speaker 4: I'm a younger sibling too. Wait are you sorry?
Speaker 1: I thought you were the oldest. No, I'm younger.
Speaker 4: Damn, she's just wait, you're a middle lower or your youngest youngest.
Speaker 1: Wore one of us? Are sorry?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 1: I have put you through the age gap?
Speaker 4: Oh what's the age gap?
Speaker 1: Eight years and sixteen?
Speaker 3: Your older sister's sixteen years older than you. Yeah, damn, so you really got taken care.
Speaker 1: Of or neglected.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's then we've got the middle child. We all know about a middle child, and if you don't, you are yeah.
Speaker 2: Literally, the middle child syndrome cliche came from Adlerian theory, so shout out to Adler for that one. They often feel squeezed between their oldest and younger sibling. They feel like they've been robbed of any significance in the family because they weren't the first and they weren't the last, and so what are you then? Silver They can become either competitive or really rebellious. They can be even tempered, being able to compromise, but that it can lead to like people pleas ery.
Speaker 3: I don't know any of them middle children like even tempered. That's a middle child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, youngest child personality.
Speaker 2: Were in the room the baby of the family, and they never grow out of it. They will always be perceived as the baby king. That title cannot be taken away, often spoiled, if not with material things, spoiled without like the overbearing nature of being the first one to pop through even the second one.
Speaker 1: But then are we neglected by the proxy? They say.
Speaker 2: It can often lead to the younger sibling wanting to become like bigger, wanting to be misperceived as mature. They want to grow up really quickly. People to take them seriously and like have their backup about that. They have the lowest rate of mental health challenges.
Speaker 1: Though, so I said, blink, blink, we havenies. Yeah, I know that's what. That's why I'm in the same way constantly. There's something about the connection. I'm mockey. It's just fruit three work because it left out, I left out.
Speaker 2: It's like that I'm observing like a couple that's like so happy and that I would have.
Speaker 1: Loved to be laughing about. It's cute that I really like it.
Speaker 2: The traits of a younger sibling, they're often seen, is fun loving and sociable and self centered and self interested in all of these things, which I can see and I do see that in a lot of younger siblings. But I was thinking before about in a lot of ways, my self interestedness was a defense mechanism or directly in response to being left alone a lot or left out. So like, imagine you have these two older brothers. They're really close, they hang out, they have their shared interest and even if they're not exactly the same, they've got like a knowing right, like we're both boys, we like boy things. Then you have me, born five years later, and like I can't watch the shows I want to watch on TV, and I don't want to watch wrestling, Like I don't when people ask me, like, why didn't you watch the Simpsons? I didn't want to hang out when my brothers watching TV. Did they watch Simpsons? Yeah, but like right up that they'd be watching wrestling and then soccer, and then that's not very fun.
Speaker 1: And so I had to learn very quickly what my.
Speaker 2: Own interests were, and I didn't want to share them for risk of it being another thing that was taken. So it's like an overcorrection of feeling left out ignored and then being like, but I like being left out any norse. I've got all these interests and all these hobbies, and I'm gonna, you know, entertain myself. And then you kind of grow up and then you realize, oh, you can actually get attention, Like you don't have to just exist in a bubble. You can do things that will make people notice you. And then I think it's another overcorrection. We're like wait. One of my fondest memories of being young was my sibling saying things like we'll tell you when you're seven, we'll tell you when you're eleven, we'll tell you when you're twelve, And then suddenly you're like, oh my goodness. It's like if I wait on you guys to invite me into things, I'm going to miss out. So I need to find other ways to like wheezle my weight in. And then's like, Okay, the funnier I am or the more accommodating I am, the more I get to hang out, So like what else.
Speaker 1: Can I do?
Speaker 2: But that's also my family structure. It's not just like the younger sibling things.
Speaker 1: What was your experience for me?
Speaker 3: So I have these old home videos that I've found a little while ago that would like put onto a CD. Then I put on my hard drive and there's one of me hanging out with my sister's friends, Like her friend will come over and they.
Speaker 1: Would like, how annoying of you?
Speaker 3: Literally, and I'm so annoying the videos like I've dressed up as like eminem and I'm like coming, like I hear do us a little song and dance something, yo, you're you're eminent. And it's like it's not even cute because it's so annoying. It's like shut she thought you et, but I and the friend was laughing. I'm like, now I think she was laughing because I was being annoying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what else can she do? She can't discipline you? Nah?
Speaker 3: Nah, And my sister would be absolutely upper arms. I think I definitely learned to be like I was in an attention seeker. I would say often it's worked quite well, drama captain. My birth order definitely is appropriate for my personality type, which is absolutely to jokes, to clown, you know, don't have much responsibility, bit of a mummies girl.
Speaker 1: It's nice to be a baby. What do you think, micky babies? You know, I like it. I've enjoyed because it was enjoyed my tenure.
Speaker 2: You can watch your older siblings do things and go yes no, yes, no, and you're like, Okay, I'm not going to be like them, or I am going to be like them, And therefore I feel like I'm progressing quicker.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 2: Perpetual observer forever baby, because everybody is a child to someone, right Like my forty year old brother. My mum would still perceive him as a child and he has children, but being the literal baby of the family, I think I will always be perceived as a lot younger to my family, like little baby forever. Like this is so crazy, like where's Lily. Lilian's gone oversation. She didn't tell anyone.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 2: I'm nearing thirty still baby to them. Yeah, they love crisis receipts.
Speaker 4: Are they seeing the invoices?
Speaker 1: Okay, we're going to pass through the group chat on enough. This is flex and roomster. I have a new crackpot theory.
Speaker 4: It is about the term yeah.
Speaker 3: I have in my research in the field of light realized that people who say yeah, hy e h yeah redacted, No, they what.
Speaker 2: People who say it's not where I thought this was going. I know you, is this what you heard? Mikayla when she was pitching this, I felt it.
Speaker 3: I swear people who say y e h are hotter than your y.
Speaker 1: Searching my phone, I'm searching.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is. It's some sort of personality type. If you have this innate confidence and I d G a F yeah speaking now speak.
Speaker 1: Now a flex. The results are conclusive.
Speaker 2: The results are conclusive, And I'm so sorry to almost shut you down before you could make your point.
Speaker 4: I have some other variations of yeah that I would like to.
Speaker 2: So you're saying y e h exclusively? Anything about y e ah coming through.
Speaker 3: That will be up next. Okay, So y e H is at the top of the pyramid of hot people who are confident because you use it. Yeah, I'm late to the game. I'll see you've adopted it. Adopted that you're doing cosplay, appropriated it?
Speaker 1: What's new?
Speaker 3: Okay? Here there are some other year variations. Yeah, yea is nervous and trying to flirt. It's very drake coded.
Speaker 1: That's disrespectaful.
Speaker 3: Yeah ye is like yeah, which is y ea, which is like a ten year old slash non middleman.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I was like year, it's like, yeah, come over. I think it's not commddle generally. I don't think we needs a gender this okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah with the exclamation mark. The typical y e A H is a little too keen. And also why you saying it correctly? It's like the okay of the okay world? Is yeah even a real word?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is it an Oxford? Okay? Please pay I'm checking if it's in Oxford? Define the yeah? Okay?
Speaker 5: What is that?
Speaker 2: Says informal spelling of yes, representing a pronunciation of the word yes.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and finally, yeah ya is girllypop It's my personal favorite. When I'm comfortable with someone, if I'm hitting you with a yeah, just know him about it in.
Speaker 2: Before someone in the comment says, it's not that deep and you've thought about it too much.
Speaker 1: I think you're onto something.
Speaker 3: Finally, yeah, y e R I go your yeah Yo, yeah I do y you are Yeah, you're like per parade. These are really important, from least hot to hottest. Least hot is yeah traditional spelling with the exclamation mark. The one above that yeah with no exclamation mark. You're in a mood, yah girlipop yeah yeah is a ten year old like very yeat coded yeah yeah yea is soft boy, not very confident.
Speaker 1: How does y e A rank higher than y e A h H.
Speaker 4: I don't know what the ring is it.
Speaker 3: Anyway, if you say yeah, if you want to come across as more hot and attractive, y e h added to the vocab.
Speaker 2: I hate to be the one to bring tired rhetoric to the show, but when I do, it's flex and frooms. By the way, on Caita, listen, aesthetics are a trap.
Speaker 1: We know it.
Speaker 2: It all started in the year two thousand when I got my first lip BARMB. I want to be a big girl. Put something in my bag with the tissues, probably lipsmacker, like you stole it. No, put on your my handbag. Sorry, Like I wanted to be like my mom and she carried a handbag, said, I carry a handbag but with nothing in it.
Speaker 1: So I put little tissues.
Speaker 2: In there and then a little lip bom, you know, because I wanted to feel like a baddie. And then as you know, you might not know that once you and I don't know the science behind this, but just you know, listen, don't ask him many questions. But this idea of putting on lip bumb and giving your lipsy illusion of hydration messes with the original or the like the default fault oil productions. Your lips always feel dry, la la la. So now i'm, you know, two decades into this lip balm addiction. Yes, my mum is a chronic moisturizer, which is a great habit to have. I have fond memories of putting moisturizer on her back literally every morning. Come put crean in my back, Come put clean on my back. Now I'm a chronic moisturizer. Fine, getting my nails done. Those who get your nails done with the crylics or jelx. No that you can't have them off because your real nails get so brittle that you need to keep them on. Now you're trapped into the routine bleaching my eyebrows and now gotta go two weeks of fresh rebleach. Now I'm feeling funny doing my hair. You do a slick back pony. You can't ever have it unslick. Precisely, it just doesn't stop. Luckily, these things are enjoyable. But I think I'm starting to acknowledge when things aren't enjoyable and opting out. For example, makeup. I don't actually like applying makeup, and I like the feeling of makeup. I don't know why I pretend I have to wear it moment. Literally, she tried it with that who knows what she meant, but it looked good. Oh she has amazing skin. She's stunning, and I'm also stunning. You know, I can find wearing makeup enjoyable, but not when I'm doing it every day. Is like a blanket habit because by the time the time comes to I need to be excited about I'm not excited about it.
Speaker 4: You were a makeup blogger for a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, early days only days twenty sixteen, twenty seventeen started a lot of things for me.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I'd go back, but you know the curse of taste maker. It's hard to double back when you set a trend with you.
Speaker 3: You did start the liquid colored eyeliner, yeah, you know many years before.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, or.
Speaker 2: But I will say one thing that I've been really excited about a new little routine of mine. Last year, we were talking about the implications wearing crocs every day. And if you don't know, and this happens with any kind of open toe shoes, your heels are exposed to the air. They're drying out, which means you get cracked heels. That is not sexy. And to be fair, that's not something you just put like a little topical, a little topical moisturizer over. You have to exfold it. I like getting regular pedicures. You shouldn't get them that often, you know, not like I want to get a fortnightly pedicure if I could, you don't need to try.
Speaker 4: But I just recently did the foot peel.
Speaker 1: Yeah amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love it. We love a milky for foot pill. But one thing that works really well. Want to get your pedicure. Get heel bombed. I don't care what brand it is. I've used some that are five dollars and that are fifty dollars. Heal bomb with Yurea in it, you are ea. I think it eats a weight, like dead skin or something. I don't know how it works, but that keeps my heel soft. I haven't had a cracked heel.
Speaker 1: In a long time.
Speaker 4: I'll write that down.
Speaker 1: It's really good. It's an effective esthetic habit.
Speaker 2: Can I get it from this market anywhere anywhere? Get a little shoals, get a little dermal. Everybody does it. It's amazing. I stand by get heel bumb Thanks Grey.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome. You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 2: For more, tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.