Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm in a better moved than I was about half an hour ago because being an England soccer fan it's not.
Speaker 3: A happy lot. It is stressful. You must have seen me.
Speaker 2: I've been watching the second half in the office here at Gold one oh four point three, stressful because it stressful being around me.
Speaker 4: I've written down some of the things you said in the second half if we want, are they broadcastable? I've left out any of the profanities, but congratulations in England did walk away right at the end of the game with the win. But this is year before they got ahead.
Speaker 3: What was that?
Speaker 4: Good Lord, England should be winning five to one. This is what it's like to watch England play dismal yep. And then in the ninetieth minute they score a goal. There it is, Caine gets a second one.
Speaker 3: That's it. We're going to win the World Cup. It's all of that.
Speaker 2: It's all of that. It's deflation, elation and then over the top.
Speaker 4: Celebration Cain and Caine is as an amazing player and then you hear.
Speaker 2: Him speak and he's no talker. Much like Jack really to be fair. So yeah, it was stressful for me watching the England game. I got up early this morning to watch, even earlier than normal, and I was freezing in my house a little bit chitty. Today, four people so far this building have said, oh, it's cold of there. He's starting to fill at home now. Four people have said that already to me today. So yeah, I'm a lot happier than it was half an hour ago when England were playing terribly. Tell you one thing, if you are down, anyone has actually seen the game that var I mean you were ripped off by it. We should have had about three or four penalties. It doesn't see the things it needs to see.
Speaker 4: All right, it's coming back that anger and sorry anger the second half.
Speaker 3: It's coming back.
Speaker 2: Won. We won, Yes, we won. So the channel has been showing the World Cup games SBS.
Speaker 3: I saw an ad for last night and.
Speaker 2: It was for a forthcoming special and what a special Rocky night.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, they do do the classic film from time to time on SBS.
Speaker 3: Have you seen a Rocky I knew you were.
Speaker 4: Going to ask. I knew you were going to ask, haven't I haven't seen any of the Rockies except for the most recent version created, Creed.
Speaker 2: Which is a great movie.
Speaker 3: Would you call that a Rockie film? Yeah, definitely Rookies in it. But he's not fighting, No, he's not.
Speaker 2: But see, this is what I want to talk about this morning, movies that make you cry, because Creed really made me cry. When they told Rocky that he was when he was ill and he was sick. I was really really upset. Yeah, I was crying at the cinema. Did you cried that?
Speaker 4: It probably helps to know his back, sat his back, But.
Speaker 2: Even for the start of the movie when he's visiting his wife and he's got the little churney chats to about what's in the papers that I was crying at the beginning of Creed.
Speaker 4: I'm sure if I was emotionally attached to Rocky, I would have cried in that moment.
Speaker 3: But I didn't cry.
Speaker 2: And Creed apparently do you cry a Rocky fourth The Big Pressure one, Drego Dolf Lungrum when Apollo died in that as a young teenager, I was destrayed.
Speaker 5: Chris was to and in the Creed as well, you know, and he hangs the chair up on the tree in the graveyard like it's his daily he's daily visit to his wife, to Adrian, who's now died. I get it having seen the whole series.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys have seen a lot of movies, but also you remember movies so well.
Speaker 3: I remember nothing of Creed him hanging a.
Speaker 2: Like a fold out chair and he goes to visit.
Speaker 5: The great simple moment, but so poignant at the same time. I don't think you've got a soul. Jack Well, and that is the news.
Speaker 4: It's struck again.
Speaker 3: What a soldier. Are there any movies that move you to tears? Definitely?
Speaker 4: I have a strong memory of watching ET as a child.
Speaker 3: Just that one movie, but no other memories of movies.
Speaker 2: Other than ET.
Speaker 3: Because you thought it was a documentary.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four points three, it's the.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connor Breakfast show. I want to know the movies that made you cry. Sometimes it might be movies that aren't necessarily smart, sea kind of bittersweet movies with scenes that you know you're going to cry it.
Speaker 3: I talk about obviously seeing it.
Speaker 2: Having two daughters eleven and thirteen, I've been seeing a little kids movies, and I cried at Nanny McFee too. My kids did not cry at any moment during Nanny McFee too.
Speaker 3: Didn't even know they made a number two. Oh yeah they did.
Speaker 2: It was back and my kids did not did not cry whatsoever. And they were actually nudging each other, pointing at me and laughing at me. And then other mums and dads in the cinema were looking around, like, what's going on him? But life crisis guy over there? It's all coming up about something, is it? What was it about et that made the young Jack cry? Because at moments it's very sad. It's a great movie.
Speaker 4: Well, I can't remember the particular bit, and I remember crying so much that I put my head on the floor.
Speaker 3: I was lying on the floor watching the film, and.
Speaker 4: My dad asked me if I was okay, and I said, oh, I'm just.
Speaker 3: Not really enjoying it too much. I think I'm going to have a nap. Oh you try to start. Yeah, okay, let's go to lines. Luke, Good morning, Luke, good morning, how are you? I'm pretty good, buddy. So what's the movie? You cried out, Luke.
Speaker 1: My sister and I took a young friend, she was a little girl, was seven years old, to see.
Speaker 3: A very fun Pixar film called Up.
Speaker 2: Oh mind.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was inconsolable for about three days.
Speaker 2: I actually felt angry That opening twenty minutes just devastates you, brutal. It should have had a warning, you know, and they warn you about graphics, scenes of violence and sexual nudity, they should warn you of tears.
Speaker 3: Are going to come your way in the next twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: My friend, well, the worst part of the film was is I'm sitting there blubbering, and a girl who was sitting in the front sit in front of me, turned around and said, get it together.
Speaker 2: It's a great movie.
Speaker 7: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's another pixel one inside out. Have you seen that one?
Speaker 3: Little brutal, there's another one.
Speaker 2: My kids have a joke that I've ever been the same since Bingbong died.
Speaker 4: That was awful. That was what I want to do to it.
Speaker 2: And so many of these movies as well. The dad always has to die. It's always more often than not with a dad that dies in the movie. Dad's always the first one to go. It's like the world to be okay if dad dies. Anything any movie where there's a dying dad or anything like that gets me going as well.
Speaker 3: Did you cry Green Mile?
Speaker 4: I haven't seen Green moll Oh, my word.
Speaker 2: Obscure movies Jack Green Mile, Mister Bowe, Jangle, the Mouse and.
Speaker 3: Up is on my list as well.
Speaker 2: To see the growing list this small independent movie company, Pixar.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Ryan. Good morning, Ryan Christian.
Speaker 2: How are you? I'm pretty good. I hope you're well this morning as well. What's it for you? Which movie?
Speaker 3: Ryan?
Speaker 2: Star?
Speaker 8: Trek to Rap?
Speaker 2: I remember my dad taking me to see this at the cinema. This is when you couldn't pre book tickets. You had to queue around the corner of the cinema, had to wait out there. There was no guarantee that you would see a movie. Ratha Khan also made me cry. Is there a particular moment in it that you can remember, Ryan.
Speaker 8: The final part where William Shatner's doing the speech about Leonard name Way as his friend and saying even the most human.
Speaker 9: And things like that.
Speaker 8: That's that's a big deer, Jacob.
Speaker 2: I love that because that movie is quite a few years old now, I love that that That's that still comes to mind when you talk about movies that make you cry?
Speaker 8: Have you seen that? Jack?
Speaker 3: I have not seen.
Speaker 4: I have never seen any of the Star Treks and don't care to.
Speaker 3: Actually, Ryan, isn't he missing out on something?
Speaker 2: Shatner Nimoy, you're missing out on these heavyweights on.
Speaker 10: You.
Speaker 4: I've seen the Futurama episode where they talked to the Star Trek cast.
Speaker 3: No that's enough.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's not as good a cinemavie. Ryan, thank you very much to give us a call.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast, Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Tell me one movie that surprising made me quiet was Mamma Mia.
Speaker 3: Because it is.
Speaker 2: So bad my testicles actually dropped off my body and walked out of the cinema. James Bond, how dare you make a turgeon movie like that? Pierce Brosnan, you should hang up that all the James Bond movies should be deleted.
Speaker 3: Number two is under its way? Will you say, Mamma Mia two? I tell you what Number two is on the way?
Speaker 2: And our children's children will ask us why we did nothing to stop this.
Speaker 5: And there's a production of it about to start in town next month. Stage production another one. Take it you wipats.
Speaker 3: No, I'll be outside protesting. I feel like Eba goes one way or the other.
Speaker 2: You love that about I know I love the songs of Abba. There's no need for that terrible, terrible movie. If you play James Bond in a movie, then we should all have to veto what movies you do? Neck next and him singing no bad, bad, bad past all the movies that makes you cry, this be good?
Speaker 4: What do you mean this would be good?
Speaker 3: Just to be curious, prefacing it.
Speaker 5: Castaway got me where Tom Hanks has come off the island. He's been rescued, and he's sitting around the fire with his mate talking and he's come to the realization that Kelly has long lost love. He's founder again, but he's lost her again because she's gone on with her life and she's married.
Speaker 3: That's women for you.
Speaker 9: Ah.
Speaker 2: She moves on a little bit too quickly for my liking. Who could do that to Tom Hanks? It's heartbreaking. A bit we drives away, it just.
Speaker 5: Flaws you that bit and just a bit you know where he said, I've just got to keep going, like life has to keep keep going.
Speaker 4: And yeah, it just got me, it was I thought the same heart pass away was Wilson drifting away in the ocean.
Speaker 3: That's what that was.
Speaker 2: The that was for me because he had a real relationship with.
Speaker 4: That, with the ball, with the soccer ball.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think he had.
Speaker 2: Stuff we didn't see. Yeah, it's our business. What goes on the island on that ball, that's his business. Okay, that was his friend, and that's where we needed to get through his time. I'm not judging. I would have done the same as well.
Speaker 3: Tom.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyway, it's move on. Uh ketsa keitaa cut cater tisa. Sorry buddy, Hey, welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: It happened every day.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. And uh, what's the movie that makes you cry?
Speaker 11: Click with Adam Sandler.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be honest with my friend. I've seen the movie. You can have to help me out. Wish bit did you cry at during that?
Speaker 11: I wore was like a full on I wasn't ball And just like you know, it's a couple of tears. It sounds like, yeah, you know, it's a bit at the end like that. Yeah, he didn't spend time with his dad. He's always working in that and like he's what's in the replay of his life? Dad walks out the office after he told him to get stuffed, and then his dad turns around.
Speaker 2: I'm getting a little bit I don't know if it's a bit dusty in here, but now I remember the scene. There's something about those dad moments and movies.
Speaker 11: Yes, and he's going, I love you Saturday.
Speaker 8: He keeps on pausing and remind going to.
Speaker 3: Choke me up. Now Ston, miss my dad now is ten thousand miles away.
Speaker 2: I'll be right, guys, I'll be all right. You're gonna win the World Cup. What have you seen?
Speaker 3: Have you seen Field of Dreams?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 8: Man, I'm twenty three.
Speaker 11: It's probably before my time.
Speaker 2: Please find some time in your life to see the Field of Dreams. Right, it's a great movie. Imagine this then I'll sell it to you. In one line, he plays catch with his dead dad. Yeah, the ghost of his dad plays catch for one last time with his son. It is too much for me.
Speaker 4: It's too much.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, You've got to see Field of Dreams. That is roughly what happens. Pats.
Speaker 5: You've seen it, Yeah, I've seen it. Who's the eter I can see? Kevin Costner of course, James.
Speaker 3: Earl Jones water cast Let me guess.
Speaker 1: Now, the Christian O'Connell breakfast, Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Yesterday have my big pow wow with Don Eddie Maguire the lunch. First time I've ever met Eddie and he was charming. He was great, fun and a good time and a couple of headlines when I turned up at that lunch. There were two teams, right, it could possibly be the world to announce tomorrow.
Speaker 4: You're not putting Collingwood in the mix now that you've met with Eddie A.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say too much. I don't want to tell stories out of school. But let's just say there were two teams.
Speaker 4: The brain.
Speaker 2: Not at all. But Eddie gave me the history of AFL. He went through all the teams, the history. It was incredible. We didn't stumble over a word.
Speaker 4: What about Dars and Will? Were they trying to bring you over the Bulldog?
Speaker 3: They weren't there. It was just me and the Dawn.
Speaker 5: It had them killed off.
Speaker 2: Unhappy with the show yesterday, guys, don't come to lunch. I don't want to see you out If you be Collingwood that hey, I never said that you'll be decided. No, listen, listen, listen all I asked her what I said, You're twisted my words. I just said there were two teams, now the three and then I find out my wife last night right that you might be up to something today. Oh, I know what it is. She she was like, she was hid on her phone. She was I'm just sing because this is the first time you're making some last minute bid for the bombers.
Speaker 4: I've got something on my slay for the bombers. And I didn't know whether I could trust her or not. It seems like I can't trust her say anything.
Speaker 2: She didn't say anything to me. All I know is she said, Jack's got something planned.
Speaker 4: Just watch your back.
Speaker 2: And you and you point the finger at my new bestie, Eddie McGuire.
Speaker 3: You best last week it was Hambridge McLaughlin. Now it's Eddie McGuire.
Speaker 2: I like to roll it, Okay, I guess.
Speaker 3: So I'm going this Sunday afternoon. How long was the lunch? Three hours? You didn't ask me where I'm going this Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 4: You're not backstage man.
Speaker 3: Meet the players.
Speaker 2: Me and the man I now like.
Speaker 1: To call press the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Tail through how your brand new Early Morning Game works.
Speaker 3: This is a great one.
Speaker 4: It's called how long is that list? I'll give a category. It could be chocolate bars, could be types of pets. Yeah, let's not say too many, because I want to hold them all right, I can use them.
Speaker 3: Yes, types of pets. Could be ex lovers. Yep, I will, well, it's going to be broader than that. I can go personal thing. Sure, I will say to you how diseases?
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Stop stop giving types of tree.
Speaker 4: Let's use pets for example, I say, Christian, how long is that list?
Speaker 2: I say, pets. Okay, I'm going to go, well, here's a new bit. We did nothing yesterday. A listener called Peter. I'll give him that name because I've forgotten his name. I listen called Peter said, actually heard Early Morning Game yesterday? How long has that list? I love it because I suggest you have two dice.
Speaker 3: You roll the.
Speaker 2: Dice, that's you find out how many they need to come up with in that list. So obviously came to this one and there's no dice at the radio station. But Disa Bex has made something which I got to ask if we were nursery school teachers and a three year old made it. I have a web of parents. There's something wrong with that kid. All right, have you seen this? I just think, you know, such an evil gods come up with this dice.
Speaker 4: Everybody's seen what a dice looks like before. She hasn't done the three diagonal. No, she's done the five like two to one. She hasn't put the one in the middle. It's just it's it's like someone who's honestly never seen the dice before. But yeah, I mean we got them alive. If anyone was going to complain, it would be you, Jack, because she's so particular.
Speaker 3: It's not as that makes.
Speaker 2: I'm still very new here, and I don't want to fall out with you bes because you're a very powerful lady who had the radio station. However, it's often sometimes we were chell about stuff and it's clear.
Speaker 3: That you were Hillbilly no TV. The trailer parks she grew up in.
Speaker 2: And it's great that this radio station has a program where we bring people like you in like an outreach thing. And if this is how you see dice. Maybe on the trailer part. This is how they made dice. I guess in the dirt or something, you know, with an old shoe and they would roll the shoe.
Speaker 4: You've drawn the three like it's a bowling like. It's how you put the fingers in a bowling ball.
Speaker 2: It's a lot sided like she just rolled us skating down a hill whilst making this.
Speaker 4: But you made it in a song and it's actually very good, very good, very suddenly a bit tight.
Speaker 2: We feel a bit bad now, it's really really good. Actually, more I think about it, I wish moll dice look like this. Yeah, it's a future of dice, is what you've done. So okay, calling now if you want to play?
Speaker 3: How long is that list? Yep, you don't have to know anything. You don't have to then you do actually just be pretty good. Quick quick thinker.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, quick thinkers calling now there is a prize.
Speaker 2: That's right, you said the prize and it is double gold class vouchers.
Speaker 4: There back and I'll explain what the topic is, what the category is.
Speaker 3: After this song the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, Stevie.
Speaker 2: Wonder and Gold won a four point three. It's the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Twenty four hours away from decision day when I announced it to my show, which AFL team I am going to be going.
Speaker 3: For last team? Today?
Speaker 2: It's the Bulldogs last. But by no means least already though, the threats have started to come in. Yeah if you I mean, I've seen that text Christian, if you love this Christian, if you go with Collingwood, the ratings will drop. Not a good look unless you have a buddy contract Tony in Atherton, and.
Speaker 4: I mean, we're not doing this show for the ratings, but do you want to Well.
Speaker 2: We are almost I'm saxophone. I'm going to pack up and getting packed the back up and the kids have really enjoying this city. We really are.
Speaker 3: Was it the hiring it for just fun charity? Doctor palm Oh, I thought, I thought the the.
Speaker 2: And what did you teach them?
Speaker 3: In ten years?
Speaker 4: We always have they.
Speaker 2: Told you that their show isn't successful. To keep the other wages low, we did any break even Hamershnandy PLC is struggling every year. Sorry Jack, Yes again, there are no listeners. We're making a loss at Hamish Nandy PLC. Jack.
Speaker 4: Sorry, that's why I have to put in some of my own money to keep this.
Speaker 3: All right, play the theme tune Hello.
Speaker 1: Hello is the list?
Speaker 3: How long is that list?
Speaker 4: It's a simple game. I say a category the caller and then ask you, sorry, how long is that list? If you've got a new method where you're going to roll the dice, give us a number. The caller then has to reach that number. Yep, listing things in the category.
Speaker 3: So what do you got today? The category today, which.
Speaker 4: I don't say before we get our caller so they can't google.
Speaker 3: Or research, don't tell the backstory of it.
Speaker 4: The hell category today?
Speaker 2: Where's the engineer?
Speaker 12: Is?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Wait, let me do another. I have forgot I got this ready. The category today is hobbies?
Speaker 12: No, no, it is.
Speaker 2: I gave you a note yesterday and this wasn't one of them.
Speaker 7: You're doing so well?
Speaker 2: What a boring topic? Hot ass canet.
Speaker 3: Stamps, don't give any.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Let me roll becks and witches as homemade dice. We've got a oh, I start to tell because she's scribbled them in what's that five? Five and five?
Speaker 7: Ten?
Speaker 2: Hobbies or Allie's online one playing the first this morning. Good morning, Allie, Hello, good morning. I'm sorry Aldie to do this to you, but you need to name us ten hobbies. Can you do that.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna I'm gonna give it my death to.
Speaker 4: Go, good life. Thank you, start now.
Speaker 12: Okay, sewing, archery, scrap booking, yes, ballroom dancing, dance collecting, ye, knitting, ye, crocheting. What was the last one, Dashie, quilting, stalking.
Speaker 2: Yep, it's a more hobby. I'd like to do it, definitely not need one more. One more came on?
Speaker 7: You do so well, I would say.
Speaker 12: I don't know what the word is for it, like kingdom making, like.
Speaker 2: A looking up at the other planes in the sky, whether you know the nodes?
Speaker 12: What thing would be.
Speaker 10: A plane?
Speaker 2: Alie, one world, she did it?
Speaker 4: You turn my laptop down, but you can't, she buzzed out. No, No, I'm at school.
Speaker 12: I'm a primary school teacher.
Speaker 2: You've got your double gold glass vouchers. They're yours, they're safe. Well, Allie, all right, Well, I mean.
Speaker 4: It's the category. It wasn't your liking. Give me another chance tomorrow to bring in a new category, because I think the game still has merrit.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love this game. I absolutely love playing it. Pick one for Pats right now, I love playing it. Pick one for parts.
Speaker 3: All right, Pats, you can have Let me just go to my handy. I'm not telling you what to say, but do a news one like classic news stories.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the story name famous news anchors on Australian television.
Speaker 3: Do I have to give a number though, roll the dice for dice. Okay, it's six and what is that three yet?
Speaker 2: Nine? Nine?
Speaker 5: Jennifer Kite, Sandra Sully, Mike Wolden, Brian Naylor, Tony Jones, Joe Hall, who else?
Speaker 4: There's the buzz? Too slow?
Speaker 2: Zero?
Speaker 3: Dear be slow? How long is that list? It's back tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three rounds Big.
Speaker 2: Guarantee every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday until July twenty two. It does feel like the final countdown for the next twenty four hours for me. Actually, good morning, it's to Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show on Gold one or four point three. We'd be doing this thing as I try and pick an AFL team, And it's a really hard decision. I'm sure you can appreciate that. You've probably just got your af AFL team kind of handed to you some way. When you were younger, you never really thought about all the options available, and you had the luxury of too much time and too much thought. People are getting in your ear telling you, definitely don't do Richmond, Definitely don't do Collinwood because of Eddie, Definitely don't do Carlton. Before they even say you should pick my team, and why I'm getting the three teams, I can't go anywhere near and then Jack sports the Bombers and I'm thinking I can't do that. You don't too Bombers fans. Then someone tells you about the team that the guy that used to do this job used to do. So we're going how many teams have I got to choose from? I'm macking myself into a corner here. It's stressful. So tomorrow morning I will announce my team. It's the last team speed dam me. This morning is the Bulldogs and.
Speaker 4: The text keep rolling in. Can't go for Collingwood. You said you threw them back into the mix. After a long lunch with Eddie yesterday where he charmed the pants off you. We just will be fed. If you choose Collingwood, it'll be an amazing choice.
Speaker 2: I haven't said them going with Connorwood. I just said I'd even say that it is Connorwood. It's just that there's a third team that's entered my heart in the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 4: After a big coincidence, after a three hour lunch by lunch.
Speaker 2: Twenty four hours is a long time in radio, guys, Okay, twenty four hours is a long time in radio.
Speaker 4: Surprised you here this morning.
Speaker 3: I'm not over with them.
Speaker 4: Wow, wow, you know this big fight fighte fine fight fight.
Speaker 2: Eddie has split the team up.
Speaker 3: He's become our Yoko.
Speaker 2: So yesterday on the show, I was talking about Bert the crocod He's up there in Darwin. He's predicting the Australia World Cup games. And we spoke to Leanne from Krocosaurus.
Speaker 13: It is our residentsye at Crocodile. So he is a five point one meter eighty year old male croc He has been at Krocosaurus cod for just under ten years, so he's been doing predictions pretty much ever since he got here.
Speaker 9: He's predicted all sorts of things.
Speaker 2: Such ass give us a few highlights.
Speaker 13: Yeah, he's predicted lots of sports games. So he's done State of Origin, AFL game, the Darwin Cup, he picked the winning horse a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 13: But he's also dabbled in politics a little.
Speaker 4: Bit as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Darwin says, But yesterday I also producers of this team to please do only one thing, and that is get hold of a crocodile for Thursday's breakfast show ahead of your next game against Denmark Thursday night. The team have stepped up. They've delivered. You are going to be Thursday morning live from the Aquarium.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't mind going down.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, it wasn't I didn't believe there was a question. It was as a full full stop there there wasn't.
Speaker 3: A question mark.
Speaker 4: I will accept your invite.
Speaker 2: Is a directive. I said, you will be live from the aquarium with They say, but we see Penjara Pinjarra.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is the crock there?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: What he stats up against Berg Bird's eighty years old, five and a half meters long.
Speaker 2: Five meters fifties, Bert's eighty two. His best predictions I think are behind him. It's all about the new kid on the block at fifty Pinjara.
Speaker 4: Yeah, young talent versus old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you are live from the aquarium, you'll be dangling bits of meat over Pinjara.
Speaker 4: I won't be doing it.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, when it's all fine, SPoD the keepers. No, it's no worries whatsoever. Sorted it all out.
Speaker 4: Give me a fishing rod.
Speaker 3: I know you don't need to do that.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's absolutely fine. Honestly, you're pretty you pretty quick, aren't you go at that? Just move your hand out the way moving. Yeah, you'll be fine. You need to be a bit quicker than that. You should be absolutely fine. So Jack's down there sort of chucking me up in the air in the enclosure with them. Yeah, and you feed them chickens. Okay, these are just to point out the dead chickens. I don't need to go and catch them chickens, and then I'll bring them to the aquair. And these are chickens that have died naturally as.
Speaker 3: Well, all right, and I'll have it on the end of a long no, no, no, don't worry about that.
Speaker 2: Will in my hair now, you'd be absolutely fine. What's to be worried about quick young guy like you. Okay, and anything bad does happen, We've got it on Facebook live. This show will become huge. So I would appreciate your sacrifice if you do something awful happens to you. Okay, all right, all.
Speaker 4: Right, all in the name of predicting whether Australia can be denmarks.
Speaker 2: Okay, So coming up next, there is a theory that people have a certain name, it can influence the job that you take.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So this Thursday we're going to have a live crock off but up in Darwin versus Pinjara, I your best mate at Melbourne Aquarium, who can predict the Australian game the better? But versus Pinge. So have you ever heard of a phrase called nominative determinism. No, it is a theory. It's a actual theory that if you have a certain name, it can influence your choice of job. Yeah, well I.
Speaker 4: Told you earlier that my sister worked at the mail sorting room yep, meg Post.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go. That's it. That's nominative determinism, that the name can influence the job. I once spoke to a butcher called Bob Chopp like a pork chop, and he was from a long line of chops. His dad was a chop and his grandfather was a chop. And they've had a family butcher's business. They're all chops, okay, and that's what they do, pop chops. I know that there is a dentist. You can google this. You don't believe me, right, you've heeard them pat Sports News early about wimbled and get ready for Wimbledon in this summer, and there was a dentist in wimbled And called Dr Fang. Yep, an actual dentist called Dr Fang. I met when I went to speak at a kid's school a couple of months ago, a lady who ran the library there, head of English doctor letters. It's amazing. So having the surname letters, she starts to think somehow about the job that's open to her. That is it? I guarantee you think.
Speaker 4: Is that it's not just a coincidence. Do you think they're really attracted to the job because.
Speaker 3: Of their name?
Speaker 2: That's a theory. I guarantee that we people listen to this right now who've experienced either they've gone to a meeting with somebody who has a name that is relevant to what they do.
Speaker 3: Beck's got excited.
Speaker 2: Earlier she was chatting to a winner we had just before seven o'clock, who's a science teacher called Alie Kettle. Surname Kettle. That isn't an example of it because it is nastist. She did come and say how weird she and she decided, you know, if it was if she was Ali gas or Ali potassium or Ali periodic table.
Speaker 4: Yes, you knows.
Speaker 2: Kettle? Yeah I don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe if you're running behind in your class, you turn the kettle on and then pour it in the baker or the buns and burner just to get it warmed up quicker. But I can't think of any other reason why you would use a kettle.
Speaker 2: You're not looking at your surname one day, going kettle, that's it science teacher. Yeah, you know, just like the chops before me. All right, So I want to know, do you know what I'm talking about? Have you got an example of this where the name is to do with the job. I guarantee there's people in Melbourne that you've met. It might even be you let me know this morning nine four one four one four three Give us a call nine four one four one four three.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three rounds Big.
Speaker 2: Guarantee every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday until July twenty two. Predit Crowded House World Where you Live on Gold one A four point three is the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show for Crown. Testing out the series of nominative determinism, whereby if you've got a certain name, it could influence the choice of your job. Bex thought she had one earlier when we had a winner called Alie Kettle. She came running and going Alie Kettle. It's linked directly to her job a science teacher. Jack and I were night no is Kettle? Has she worked in a tea shop or a coffee shop?
Speaker 3: Bang on?
Speaker 2: However, you have got some better examples, Darryl, good morning, Hi, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty good? Daryl?
Speaker 2: So is this your name linked to your job?
Speaker 11: It certainly is my surname's car.
Speaker 14: And I'm marda mechanic.
Speaker 7: Got a marda mechanical repair shop that we've had for over thirty years.
Speaker 14: I've done in the trade forty five years and for the last five or sixty years. My son who is name Heiden Car, he works in the business with me.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 3: This is great. This is it in a nutshell. That is brilliant.
Speaker 2: Daryl and your son both from the name cars and he both work in the both mechanics.
Speaker 11: That's right.
Speaker 3: Yep. What's the name of your business, Darryl.
Speaker 11: The name of the business is Finaline Automatic Services in Knothfield.
Speaker 2: Got to do something with the cars. Cars is our name, Cars is our business.
Speaker 4: Well we should I shouldn't die.
Speaker 2: There you go, there you go. That's like Daryl Carr. Thank you very much. Cool on the show. Thank you all right, Jen, Good morning, good morning. Okay, so we go from Darryl Carr the mechanic. What have you got for us?
Speaker 3: Jen?
Speaker 15: I was married at Saint Paul's Church in Frankston by brew Albert Church.
Speaker 3: This is my favorite one.
Speaker 2: Now, Darryl Carr was great Albert Church, mister a church, a reverend of the cloth and he is a church in a church.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 11: That was in nineteen eighty.
Speaker 15: I'm sure he's passed away.
Speaker 2: I hope. But the Great Reverend Church. Isn't the late great Reverend Church. I hope that he's still out there marrying couples and doing blessings that in the news.
Speaker 3: Do he, Pats?
Speaker 2: Can you get on that.
Speaker 5: About I'll see how he's going.
Speaker 4: Even the way he said could be then, Jen, could be, could be, but un likely.
Speaker 2: It's a state of him back in the day.
Speaker 3: All right, Jen, Thanks you cool, have a good day.
Speaker 2: No, thank you. JJ born in Christian Good morning, JJ. So tell us about your name and your job. How they linked.
Speaker 14: Well, it's not particularly my name. It's somebody that I've worked with. So I'm a finance manager at the NAB and I work with somebody whose name is Loan.
Speaker 3: I never heard that name. Well, I've never heard that surname. What's the first name?
Speaker 2: You have to say?
Speaker 7: That is the first name Loan.
Speaker 14: So you go to loan, you speak to Loan to get a loan.
Speaker 4: L O A N l A N.
Speaker 2: That's not so one's first name.
Speaker 14: That is literally her first name.
Speaker 2: This is incredible. I'd be so confused if I came into your office and they went, yet you want some money, Okay, you go and see loan and I go I'm looking for the loans.
Speaker 4: I'm loan at loans, peering around the room, looking for the candid camera and the prank show loans.
Speaker 3: I've never heard the first name Loans in my life.
Speaker 14: It is yeah, always as shocked as you are.
Speaker 2: Right now, that's a great one. Yeah, she would be all right, j J. Thanks you cool, have a good day. All right, let's get one last call from Lawrence. Good morning, Lawrence, Good morning, Good morning Lawrence. Okay, what's your h what's your one for us?
Speaker 6: Well, I went to get a check from the doctor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and his name was doctor Ring and he actually went up my ringhole.
Speaker 1: Okay, the Questian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four points har.
Speaker 2: Good Morning's Gold one four point three Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. If you're listening all day long to this fine station, we hear us playing the same song twice, you could be winning ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: It's about this week the ten k no repeat workdays.
Speaker 2: It's coming up four ten to eight, So we're just playing ah and we're talking about your small claim to fame with a celebrity. Get this great text from Steve in brizzy Christian, I want fish and chips to Morton Harkit the beautiful lead singer from our he had cod Thanks for detail. I was wondering what you go for. May just want the chips, you know, sort of thing do they sort of inga as well, Steve, can you get back to me? Thank you very much for the detail there. So the reason why we're talking about the small claims to fame evolving your rum is yesterday Jack has dropped this bombshell in the middle of the show among kiss murphews.
Speaker 3: By the way, if you want that story one day, so way.
Speaker 2: One thing I found out today is Jack's got no idea where his parents are.
Speaker 3: They're in Europe somewhere.
Speaker 4: Looking through messages, I think I can track them down to somewhere in Italy.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good, you've narrowed it down to a country.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Is Blagio a place or I always think of the show as the hotel, but maybe is a place.
Speaker 3: It is a place in Italy, Italy. They might be in Blagio. Which is when did you last speak to your parents? I mean they're on when they're on the message parents.
Speaker 4: Family every day. Last speak when did I last converse with them one on one. God, maybe when when I went over to London to interview for the job with you, I stopped in Croatia.
Speaker 2: What was it like in February? You're staying in your mom and dad's house?
Speaker 4: What about Mother's Day? Did you not ring her in May for Mother's Day?
Speaker 3: I must have.
Speaker 4: They Actually they've been, They said they've been listening to the podcast on the family WhatsApp.
Speaker 3: So Hi, mom and dad if.
Speaker 2: You listen, going to speak to them on the podcast.
Speaker 4: And Mum get back to me with the full details of the Merv Hughes story.
Speaker 3: Absolutely show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Christine, good morning, good morning, Good morning, Christine. Welcome to the show. What's your small client to Faine involving a celebrity?
Speaker 8: Well, it wasn't myself.
Speaker 2: My husband was good mate.
Speaker 12: We went to school primary school with Murv.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 2: Can you ask your husband at primary school? Did Merv have that tash? I have a theory he was born with the tash?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Please ask you for me. Thank you very much, Christine.
Speaker 3: Have a good day. And yes, hi, hello and welcome to the show. And what's just walk claim to fame?
Speaker 15: I had Bond Scott and Binch lovegrogo for dinner at my mother's house.
Speaker 3: This is incredible.
Speaker 2: So bon Scott obviously ac DC was in ac DC when he came out for dinner.
Speaker 15: No, he was still in the Valentine Okay, and can you.
Speaker 2: Tell me what did bon Scott have for dinner?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 2: That is amazing and that's got a love the fact you still how come bond Scott was round for dinner?
Speaker 15: Well, a group of girl friends. We were friends with them with the Valentines. And yes, they just I just invited for dinner and Mum cooked it.
Speaker 2: What a lovely, polite thing to do. This is great and thank you very much. She cool.
Speaker 3: You have a good day.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, Bruce, let's say one last call, Bruce. I'm pretty good, Bruce. So what's your claim to fame? Olving a famous person?
Speaker 14: I watched Play four with Linda Ronstad.
Speaker 3: Get in who won? Did you let Linda Ronstat win or did you try to win?
Speaker 4: Cleaned our clock?
Speaker 12: She was a lot better than I.
Speaker 2: Was, the color of money.
Speaker 3: She was a hustler.
Speaker 2: That is a great one.
Speaker 3: Years ago.
Speaker 4: I've been practicing ever since for the remats.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And where was this we did this amazing game take place.
Speaker 1: I was actually in Canada, in Northern Canada, but brother and I had just finished the camping fishing.
Speaker 8: Swift and we thought we'd give ourselves a bit of a.
Speaker 4: Treat get cleaned up, so we put into a lodge and there she was with some friends if you were a band, and yeah, we just.
Speaker 8: Spent an evening with them.
Speaker 3: That's a great story. I love that, Bruce, thank you very much. She could have a good day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast, Joe Melbourne's gold one oh four points for you.
Speaker 2: You know, Scott round for a roast. We want to know tomorrow which famous person if you had round at yours for dinner? And then I see this one comes in just before we getting ready to get in the eight o'clock News on I spilled hot milk on Eric Banner's arm.
Speaker 3: That's on, Tristan. I love that.
Speaker 2: That's a great one as well. All right, News and Spot on the way coming up till the next hour. Then the tenth of Final Team in ten Teens and ten shows, the Bulldogs make their case.
Speaker 3: Why should I pick them? Tomorrow?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast show on Gold one oh four points crowns Big Guarantee every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday until July twenty two.
Speaker 2: We're not really interested in showbiz gossip. However, when I hear a story, a guy called Steve in Brisbane listen to the show lets us know that he wants served fish and chips to Morton Harket, leading of uh huh, and it was cop by the way, I he helped me read the text out and want to know did he have also have chips? And did Morton Harket from AHA sort and vinegar on the Fish and Chip update About Morton Harkett and Fish and Chips update, Christian, I can confirm salt and vinegar was applied. Free pickled egg was also offered, but I believe refused. It was many years ago. I don't think you'd want the big old egg stink too much and repeat if he was doing a gig beforehand or something.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 2: All right, So this is the moment on the show of Me Tuesday where I put something I want to talk to you about and Jack puts something up as well. Jack generally, up until three minutes ago, had a really good idea. I thought this would be a this would be a sure fire home run. Then he goes, oh, no, that's okay, I've got something that's a bit worse. Actually, I'll do that.
Speaker 3: That's how we're going to win this city. That kind of commitment.
Speaker 2: So the thing I'd like to talk to about you about you in the next twenty minutes or so is sometimes when you were younger, you try to set up a business. You and a buddy might have had an idea to try and make some money on the side. So if you had a business that you try to set up as a kid, I'd like to hear all about it.
Speaker 4: It's a great one.
Speaker 2: What have you got?
Speaker 3: Well, got up early to watch the England game. My wife and I this morning. Thank you for your support, she goes.
Speaker 4: At one point, she said, the ref must be so excited to be given the opportunity to referee the World Cup. You should do a call in on refs.
Speaker 3: I said, okay, what should we ask?
Speaker 4: This is her suggestion?
Speaker 3: Are you a ref?
Speaker 4: Crickets?
Speaker 3: Are you a ref?
Speaker 2: That's it all right? So someone called Pete calls in and Frankston he calls in, and you say, hey, Peter, you a ref? Mate, and uh what do you what are you didn't ask me that I'm too busy? What is it?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, can't go, gotta go. I'm busy in Frankston. Nice to have you on, Pete.
Speaker 4: Thanks, Well, the lines are full, we'll take them after this song.
Speaker 2: So are you a referee? Yes? Okay, all right?
Speaker 3: Are you a referee? And did you join up a small business as a kid.
Speaker 2: Let's see what happens for the next twenty minutes or nine four one one O four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Old one O four point three.
Speaker 2: It's the Christian and Connor Breakfast Show.
Speaker 3: I'm go into it now.
Speaker 2: I've just had a really irritate and text my wife. I hate it when she texts me in the middle of the show with something that I can't you know, it was important. My wife doesn't really think that this is a proper job. She's kind of right as she she is right, but it still doesn't mean, you know, if I was a surgeon. You're not asking me about the color of a car we're going to get today. And the kid just wappens. I'm outnumbered Okay, the girls outnumber me. I've got daughters. They're sending them on a white car, so I don't want a white car. White car?
Speaker 3: Is it's bad enough?
Speaker 2: Were renting out of bayside white cars snobs.
Speaker 4: And you're right, we're boring like gray and it's totally interrupting all the rest we could be speaking to right now.
Speaker 2: Right let's got's find out if the refs are calling in or you're telling us about businesses you try to set up as a kid. Josh, Yeah, good eye, good ay, Josh, and off you go. What are you What little business did you try to set up when you were a young kid.
Speaker 6: Well back when I was in year seven, they used to go down to the market and cry by a headphone for five dollars each, and I'd sell them down at school for twenty each.
Speaker 2: This is amazing. You were there before Dre's beats. You were the original doing this. I reckon he stole that idea from you. Josh, that's great, Josh, Oh sorry, just carry on to.
Speaker 6: Get out of it real quick. Coming back to me with them broken, so I had to get out of it before they all came back to get the money back.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Josh, thank you very much and cool?
Speaker 9: Yeah, no is cat uh?
Speaker 2: I mean catch you later?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Cat, I like it.
Speaker 2: I's not using that as well. Catch did you you say that as well?
Speaker 3: Was that just a Josh?
Speaker 4: No, it feels like it actually feels like a primary school thing something you might have done when he was.
Speaker 2: No, I'm going to end every show with that and catch Jane now yeah, there are you going stumble on their like that? Okay?
Speaker 3: And Janell? What was the little business you tried to set up as a kid.
Speaker 12: Well, as a young child, I wanted to try and make some money for.
Speaker 7: Myself so I could start saving the stuff. And yeah, I end up making some little beanies and some kids stuff PILs and try and sell them around the neighborhood.
Speaker 3: And how much would these things go for?
Speaker 7: About five bucks? So then I'll go and really hot.
Speaker 4: How long would it take you to make one toy that you would then sell for five bucks?
Speaker 12: Two weeks?
Speaker 2: Two weeks? How slow were you making these things? Don't take that long to knock out a beanie.
Speaker 10: Does it?
Speaker 7: I wasn't fine, so it was quite funny because I'd have backup orders and everything.
Speaker 10: So.
Speaker 4: I reckon Janew. By the time you factor in materials and labor, five bucks isn't really covering it.
Speaker 7: No, I wasn't actually, but I thought it was a good investment at the time.
Speaker 3: And turning out, Janew, that sort of entreprenship.
Speaker 2: You've got.
Speaker 3: What do you do now as an adult for a living?
Speaker 12: Oh, I'm an jine cleaner.
Speaker 7: I tried yep, alright, yeah, I'm actually making money now.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good news. Well you funny note your lessons. All right, all right, janelll catch Yeah, No one seems to know when I say catch, Josh, let me down there, Janelle, just let me hang in one of the catchphrase.
Speaker 3: Catch.
Speaker 2: This is exciting. We've got to clear this sap break when we come back. We've got two for one a referee who also tried to set up a business.
Speaker 3: You're kidding me.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: In access by my starting Gold one A four point three eight twenty eight. So twenty minutes ago. I had something that I want to talk to you about, and that was did you try and set up a little business when you were a kid.
Speaker 3: That's some great course, Jack had a curve for one my wife. It was my wife's suggestion, suggestion.
Speaker 4: This morning we were watching the Son of.
Speaker 3: Your Poor Wife under the bus with his whole It was my my wife's idea.
Speaker 4: She said the ref must be really excited to be given the World Cup games, and she said you should do a call in about refs. Her suggestion was are you a ref?
Speaker 3: So we're doing are you?
Speaker 4: Are you a ref? And you said what kind of things would we asked them? In that song, I wrote down plenty of questions that you are.
Speaker 3: Now we've got We've got someone here, Gavin. Good morning, Gav. Are you Gavin? Are you actually a ref?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: I am what soccer ref?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 2: Basketball?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: All right, he's your guest and then I'll ask her at the end about his business.
Speaker 4: Yet as a kid, what's the best call you've ever made?
Speaker 9: Oh? It depends what you want to know.
Speaker 7: I'm sports to like tech fail, Yeah, yeah, all of those sorts of things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who sorry, Gav? Who are some of your favorite refs?
Speaker 14: Who are some of my favorite refs?
Speaker 2: I never really had any favorite refs.
Speaker 9: I started doing it when I was younger, and yeah, because I played basketball.
Speaker 8: And well and a little bit of extra cash and become a reef.
Speaker 2: Really interesting really and you two should carry this on during the news headlines. Meanwhile, Gav, did you have a business as a kid?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 1: And what do?
Speaker 2: What was it more?
Speaker 3: Knowing? Great again? How much was it to cut someone's grass?
Speaker 13: About five bucks?
Speaker 11: I made money?
Speaker 14: Mom lost money?
Speaker 3: What was she smoking the grass?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I say all right, we listen.
Speaker 1: I put you on hold the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Good mornings to Christian O'Connor breakfast Show on God one of four point three. I thought I came from a country where we were sport mad in England.
Speaker 12: We are.
Speaker 2: We're happy at the moment for now because Ingland managed to somehow win against Tunisia. We think we're going to win the World Cup. But anyway, then I come to Melbourne. It's not just about a country that's sport mad, which you are. It's all in one city and it's all about af L And I thought I could ease into it, you know, maybe over the next couple of months announce the team. No, it's come to tomorrow. So what I've been trying to do is over the last ten shows. Ten teams in ten shows, speed dating from each of the teams is down to the final team this morning.
Speaker 3: Here's what's happened so fast Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show.
Speaker 2: Ten teams in ten shows, as Christian Shoes is his footy team, Richmond Tiger's Trent Kotchin. I wear the same jocks to the game.
Speaker 4: I'll get two weeks out of him because I wear him inside out.
Speaker 3: The second one Melbourne Football Club coach Simon Goodwin.
Speaker 13: You can call me Dody, you can call me two shoes, you can call me good Thing.
Speaker 2: Whatever you want to call me.
Speaker 4: Christian Dyson, hebal captain of the Essendon Football Club all the.
Speaker 3: Ten Victorian clubs.
Speaker 9: The Bombers are closest in location to seeuth Here Joffer.
Speaker 3: The head of the Collingwood Cheers squad.
Speaker 14: My life of the priest will be an all consuming magic carpet.
Speaker 4: Right, Carlton Legend, Steven Sticks kernahead, Christianer, you follow us, you.
Speaker 14: Won't be on trim Timon.
Speaker 2: We also own a hovercraft and moved once and killed.
Speaker 3: A super fan Billy Miller.
Speaker 5: Every year comes and goes. I'm another year closer to feeling it again.
Speaker 4: Hawk's coach Alastair Clarkson a winning show all him.
Speaker 2: Are you fil commentator, A longtime Cat supporter, Hamis Schmuthclaughlin, Gary.
Speaker 16: Evlick's father's arguably the greatest player of all son and he's started a son who's arguably the greatest player.
Speaker 2: Of all time. First time dad and royal lover North Melbourne, Sean Higgins.
Speaker 10: As an Englishman, I'm sure you like we do respect and appreciate loyalty. Our royal connection is strong. Our greatest player of all time known as the King, Wayne Carey.
Speaker 3: Here you go.
Speaker 2: Sean was great yesterday. There were three times, three teams in my heart right now. Welcome back to the show. The man who's made all this happen, Hamus Mucgoughlin, Christian.
Speaker 4: Great to see him, Monty, jacko Hey, Hamish and Christian. The team we're doing this morning is Bulldogs, which Haym we've agreed is our second team. If we had to put aside the teams we love. Bulldogs is a great second team.
Speaker 16: Twenty sixteen it was Australia versus Sydney, wasn't it When the Bulldogs made the.
Speaker 3: Grand for hearing about this, it must have been amazing in.
Speaker 16: This unbelievable and Maddie Suckling, who's going to pitch the case for the Bulldogs in a moment to add a knee issue after winning a couple of fags with the Hawks. But the Bulldogs this year, they do have some injury problems. Normally you buy a three game membership and you get to go to three games of the eleven home and away games. Right now, if you buy a three game membership with the Bulldogs to actually get to play in the three games they are short on for players, that bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've got a couple of issues.
Speaker 16: But Eastanwood was doing the pitch big hamstring injury on the weekend season over. He said yesterday, I just don't think I'm going to be in the mood to give the pitch fair enough the very best. The Dogs will be sort of suffering if I do it, so that's fair enough. He's given his proxy to Maddie Sackling, who buy all reports is pretty good debater.
Speaker 3: One school debate and.
Speaker 16: You're eight and you're nine, did you really maybe if you've done your research home.
Speaker 2: This guy knows everything that needs to be known about this place or you just make it up like as the ever debating, it sounds believable.
Speaker 16: Of all the pitches so far, the hovercraft really took my fancy.
Speaker 3: Written do again.
Speaker 2: Every time I hear that, I've you know, I got a sign ball via the d's okay, they're going to give me a sign ball. Still got that at home. And then Sticks offered me the use of the hovercraft is in sex bond, and.
Speaker 4: Because of his deep voice and sitting in the it sounded like Darth Vader offering you acraft or Kamal with a cold.
Speaker 16: You know. The other thing that is sort of caught my attention is when he went and did his research the stick Skernerhound and said, there's been eight O'Connell's playing vfl AFL. Only one of those o'connells has won a flag and that was with the Blues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's solid, he's a good performance. If great cases there are I'm looking at now, there are three teams that I could pick right now, I could pick any one of them.
Speaker 3: It's really give us an insight.
Speaker 16: I'm not even giving us that.
Speaker 3: I can't. I can't, I can't.
Speaker 2: Already people are starting to hassle me on the text already and it's not even decision day, that's tomorrow. Yeah.
Speaker 16: Well, Billy Miller was strong, he was sober and seemingly very lucid. But then on Saturday night, when the Saints came from nowhere, the text started.
Speaker 2: Stop trying to get in my head.
Speaker 4: Heymsh ok, it's the bulldog to day you gave everyone else starting clark O rang the day after he did it on Thursday because that to his phone had a k not down in the Cats.
Speaker 16: He rang me straight afterwards against no way the cats get chosen.
Speaker 4: Your pitch was terrible.
Speaker 2: They're gonna blame you for don't go for them. Yeah, all right, good to know it is all right?
Speaker 3: Coming up next?
Speaker 16: Then, so got has just text, are we one of the three teams?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 16: I would think so, coach, I would think.
Speaker 3: So throw the tigers back in there.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Four teams are in my heart.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, good on, It's Gold one oh four point three, Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show.
Speaker 3: All right, So.
Speaker 2: Haims mcgotlin, Who do we have the tenth and final team and it's not by last, by no means no. This is a really big team and a lot of people were saying this would be a good one for me to go for the Bulldogs.
Speaker 16: Yeah, the Dogs would be a lot of fun to Berwick for They've got a very cool coach. He cuts his own hair, he surfs really well, he skateboards. He's one of those cool kids when you get to school you sort of want to hang in his area. So if you're berck for the Dogs, you got a cool guy. Easternwood was going to do the pitch. He's ripped his hamstring off his hamstrings now in South Australia.
Speaker 2: He is here.
Speaker 4: So Maddie Sackling, a man.
Speaker 16: Who won a couple of flags with the Hawks, is going to pitch at money.
Speaker 9: Maddy morning, guys, how are we going?
Speaker 3: Very very good?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 4: You are the last. But let's just hear it.
Speaker 16: Christian is very malleable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you know what I am because I'm under so much pressure here, Mattie. I mean, how did you get your AFL team? And I don't mean obviously you play for the Bulldogs and they mean not too, I mean when you were a kid.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so I had a bit of more tradition away. My old man went for the Bombers, so yeah, I just followed him in and followed his lead and supported them growing up.
Speaker 3: So here, So how does it work now?
Speaker 2: Does your dad still cheer on obviously the Bombers, but also then have a second team of you with the Bulldogs?
Speaker 9: No, so I've got to ask it to Hawthorne, and Hawthorne and the Bombers have a fear of rivalry, so we're all our family had to learn to turn our backs on the Bomber's pretty quick.
Speaker 16: Quick, shoppish yeah, and then turn their backs on the Hawks and follow the Dogs.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, that was a bit nicer.
Speaker 7: But I'm fans as the Hawks.
Speaker 9: But yeah, a few different colors fighting around the household, that's for sure. But everyone's happy in red, white and blue, and hopefully Christian will be too.
Speaker 2: All Right, Well, this is the tenth and final pitch. It's time to mind him in my final pick, make the case. Then let's begin the speed day Maddy from the Bulldogs. Why should it be you?
Speaker 3: Right, Christian?
Speaker 9: The rest savings the best to laugh. It just makes complete sense on a matter of France to join the Bulldogs pack to start it. You'll be our very own British bulldog ring to it, doesn't it that?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 9: If that's not enough, we have a young star nothing coming ruckman on our list named Kim English.
Speaker 2: Now, you guys get on, like a half of the signs are already there Englishman. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Now. Thirdly, I know you love your football Southampton and your lads. I'm sure he enjoyed enjoying the World Cup at the moment, but mister football belongs to us. Teddy Whitten was a legend of the game and our club and has the name mister Football. Fourth League the bomb could be the best player in the camp. People suggest you don't hit your peek until your late twenties. He's fairly old enough to drive, so if that's true, he's going to take footy to a new level. And finally, they say timing is everything. We waited sixty two years to win our second flag in twenty sixteen, a long way, but we've recently added two VFL flags with bat and we're currently the afl W Premiers as well. So Christian things are on the app. Make the right call and become a son for the Son of the West and enjoy of this song.
Speaker 3: Play the song A Rare, A waste and blue.
Speaker 2: This is a very different kind of fill this song. There's a shimmer to it more almost like a disco picture.
Speaker 3: This one, so the other ones.
Speaker 4: Now, Maddie's pitch is strong.
Speaker 16: You've also got to know with Maddie, he's one of the most beautiful.
Speaker 3: Kicks in the league.
Speaker 16: He could kick the ball through the window of a passing train.
Speaker 3: Also going to win the debate. It's solid, solid, bitch.
Speaker 16: Mister football Team English British Bulldog.
Speaker 3: Maybe that was strong.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we've got a bit to work with her.
Speaker 2: On board, Matty. I can tell you this now. Yesterday morning I had two teams. There were two teams in my heart. There are now four. This couldn't be any more confusing.
Speaker 3: No, it's five.
Speaker 2: Actually, no, it's four four four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kick that one out now and not go for them four teams.
Speaker 9: I'm glad you've added one to the thought proce.
Speaker 2: The Bulldogs have gone into the mix, straight into the mix, and.
Speaker 4: I think we'll see over the next twenty four hours if you do pick the Bulldogs, it'll feel like the last team to pitch it to you really was the last team you thought of, and therefore the team you choose.
Speaker 16: Seann Higgins pitched yesterday, many pitchers today, Saturday night, play Eacheller.
Speaker 3: I've got to make my call by then tomorrow morning, this time tomorrow.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: It's done, It's all done.
Speaker 2: Good luck. It's a tough twenty four. I am open to bribes. Hey, Matty, thank you very much for doing this. All right, have a good day, Thank you very much. In the case for the Bulldogs, thank you very well. Do you know what I'm going to do tonight? You'll get a phone call from me. I need counsel. I'm not called him Jack because he's too biased. I will call you tonight. I need counsel. I need wise counsel. I thought I had that yesterday with Eddie McGuire. It's wise, but it is so biased. He's he's a big fan of his his team and his club. Have you heard this?
Speaker 4: Eddie's been wining and dining him, but didn't you have?
Speaker 16: It was Will Anderson and Luke Darcy Collingwood one online.
Speaker 2: Oh wow. He kept telling me listen, I'm not saying of a cold and then would give you a huge pitch.
Speaker 16: It was a three hour pitch, just like Glengarry Ross always be closing.
Speaker 2: The press, as I now call him the press. So I'm gonna be calling you later on tonight to try and help me through this is what such.
Speaker 16: A process tomorrow in terms of the opening of the envelope. You want someone heavy in here?
Speaker 2: Well, if only when you saw one whose brother had something to do with the AFEL.
Speaker 4: I mean it's true, Hamish, your brother is the CEO of the AFL is, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we'll get him in.
Speaker 16: We'll do something with him, do you knowin him in it would be amazing. He's just killed a fan. He heard the Billy Miller pitch. Billy Miller texted me on Saturday night, which I forwarded to you. Yeah, he was off his face. Come on, it's a safe train, all right. Well, Billy's listing Gilby Devirus.
Speaker 1: The Christian Who Conwell, Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Hey, do you think Pat's had a bad experience with a butt? She is spitting that name out perp van Barwick. She does not want to say the name Bert van Barwick.
Speaker 4: Some rippers today.
Speaker 2: I tell you you're doing a great job as always, Pats, all right, today's at work time waster. This both the show runs until ten am and we have an all feature here for maybe you're at work right now.
Speaker 3: He's still want to get involved with the show. This is use called the at work time waster.
Speaker 2: The start of the show where took up movies that made us crime, so the outwork time wasted today is influenced by that. It's a make a movie sad. Take any movie title, try and make it sadder. I've got ps, I hate you when Harry stalks, Sally and four Weddings and your funeral. Alright, so Jack, what's your make a movie sad?
Speaker 4: Unhappy, Gilmour nice, pessimistic River Yeah, stick River Yeah, missus self doubt fire.
Speaker 3: That's brilliant, best one. That's a gold standard right there.
Speaker 2: Okay, send us yours text them in oh four seven five O three one oh four three. Jack will martin them in ten minutes time and let you know where you've got gold, Silver, Bronze Oh four seven five o.
Speaker 3: Three one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Al Right, it's time now for to mark today's at work time waste. We're talking about movies that make you cry at to start the show this morning, and we're doing Now, make a movie sad take any movie title, make it sadder.
Speaker 3: You reach toward gold, silver bronze.
Speaker 4: I am ready.
Speaker 3: We're getting the thousand yard stare.
Speaker 2: See, this is what happens to millennial Jack. You know, he's good for about an hour. Then he goes off somewhere, back up to the alien planet which he came from, for fresh instructions. And now he's staring out the window there into Richmond and beyond.
Speaker 4: I look out the window because it helps me hear people's entries.
Speaker 2: They hear dead people.
Speaker 4: It helps me hear people's entries as people in their cars.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, here's a little tip.
Speaker 2: And someone's been in radio a bit longer than you. I use these headphones.
Speaker 4: Now, I put myself in in the listener's position. I pretend I'm in the car listening on my way to work.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, gold, silver bronze. Okay, make a movie sad at let's go not able to save Private Ryan. Yeah good, silver plus not a thing, but yeah, okay, he's in the listeners position. To figure isn't that car crappy feet funny gold Celeste, well done in mentor, that's rubbish ferries Muellers off day.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 4: That's good silverl plus.
Speaker 3: Word, don't gaff I crashed into the cuckoo's nest.
Speaker 2: Nah, not for me.
Speaker 3: Bronze okay, that's from Mamart Forrest grump.
Speaker 4: Good simple, good, Civil plus plus.
Speaker 2: No, it's not a thing tying you out from black Man's South World and three Men and a cry baby pretty good?
Speaker 4: Uh not? Gold, almost gave it civil plus plus.
Speaker 2: But what are you giving it? You just told us where you almost gave it.
Speaker 4: That almost gave it gold, civil plus plus.
Speaker 2: Dude, where's my prozac? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Pretty good Silver? What on Janet and sad Max. That's the best gold class, well done.
Speaker 2: Well done.
Speaker 1: Joe Bested show, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Good morning, it's the Christian. I've got a bakfast show on Gold one a four point three. I would like to apologize right now to the vic police who were called to this radio station yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah I was I was here. What should all happen?
Speaker 2: And they didn't take you away?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 3: No, they trusted the be back crimes against radio.
Speaker 4: Well, I was here tapping away on my computer long after you had left, researching shows in stories that Melbourne are talking about for the next day's show I'm working on.
Speaker 2: You were getting Stubb ready for the Hamish Nandy podcast.
Speaker 4: So yeah, and I was sorry I was here and then you got sent a package. Which is the package you're holding in your hand right now.
Speaker 2: No, I'm stiffing it right now, and I've got a bit honest. It smells like a pet shop. You go into a pet shopping. I don't know what that poo is. Is it rabbit? Is it tortures poo? It smells of poo and it actually it isn't. It's fertilizer made from reuse.
Speaker 3: Waste.
Speaker 4: So I was pooh once upon a time. Now it's not poo. But there we were sitting in the office thinking that somebody'd send you poo. I guess there's a way to discourage you from being on my.
Speaker 2: Radio, or discouraged me from being on the radio, because that's a tried and tested way if you're look like a radio show, is.
Speaker 3: To do a dump and then send it to the DJO. That makes sense Jack doesn't it, Well, I don't like his radio show.
Speaker 2: Let me just pour my pants down and send him this. See what pon me thinks about that.
Speaker 3: It'd be effective, wouldn't I get the message to go?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: I guess I don't like the show.
Speaker 4: Well that's I guess it's what management thought happened, because to be honest, is it from you? I didn't.
Speaker 3: I would never send poo to this station.
Speaker 4: Okay. Management must have thought it was pooh because they had the police.
Speaker 2: Police, But you don't. You don't call the police to say we think someone's sending poo to our new detail.
Speaker 4: I thought it was overkilled because even if it was pooh, someone pooed in a box and send it to you, Well, the police is going to do exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not a police matter, is it.
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Who would you call? Who can you you know?
Speaker 3: Who can you deal with? This might have been sent and poo in the posts?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess you call U was posed and go hey, when you send this package, did you have a little sniff of it?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It did.
Speaker 4: It smell like poo on your ankle, like poo poo.
Speaker 3: We were a gold one of four point three level two. We can't have the good package is warm.
Speaker 4: Take a second look at it.
Speaker 2: It's got flies buzzing around it. So what happened when the police got here? Did they like, you know, stand back, please to get like a cardon going get some gloves on.
Speaker 3: I don't think they thought it was poo.
Speaker 4: They opened it up and it's just these little pelletts of reusable, recycled waste. So it's actually quite a good thing that the company does here. We were thinking it was a terrorist threat against the show.
Speaker 2: It's now a terrorist threat is escalated quickly, going from a listener doesn't like me to now a terrorist threat. So that's what the terrorists are doing now, they're sending DJs poo in the post.
Speaker 3: He just would have sent a message, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Okay, Luckily it wasn't that. Apparently the police felt it quite exciting. I love the fact they just opened it up. It could have been hazardous waste or something dangerous.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 4: I guess they shaken around just to make sure it's a bomb or anything, not.
Speaker 2: That robot thing you see on movies where you know it's a guy you know in the hurt locker he did is pick it up and go that's not bomb. Everyone, Come on, we can go down the pub. We're safe anyway. What I want to say was thank you to a big police the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Joe Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I don't want to point the finger here on the team, but all of his scenes you come out in the toilet holding another envelope.
Speaker 4: I strongly opposed rumors that I would poo in a buck and send it to you Christian.
Speaker 2: It just be a sad way. You know, we don't never. We're only midway through week three. Come on, if we just keep that maybe to a couple of weeks time or something. All right, then title today's show is dr Ring.
Speaker 4: Oh well, let's know, if all things not to bring back on the show, let's go to bring back that caller from this morning.
Speaker 2: Is it going to be on the podcast, producer Nick, or we're gonna have to take it out of the podcast.
Speaker 3: Of the Internet, you can put anything on the Internet. I don't think you can just put anything.
Speaker 2: I don't think the station sees it like that.
Speaker 3: You broadcast it across Melbourne.
Speaker 2: So if I didn't do it, deliberately. I didn't wake up this morning. I think I hope someone shouts out some rude words. Ring, but you giggled, and that's an endorsement. It is you. I'm not endorsing. Someone's going to yell that down the phone. I'm gonna have a little chuckle, okay. Anyway, Tony Show is DoD to Ring, not a little chuckle. We are back tomorrow morning, hopefully, and I hope one's going to send me any poo in the post. Between now and then, I'll go back to my morning decision day. I would announce the AFL team. I'm going for. There's three. It's three.
Speaker 3: You talk about something. It is down to four. So there's bulldogs out now, and.
Speaker 2: I'll say that I gotta go. I'm saying too much, back to my morning. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three