Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Nolduren's Gold one oh four point three Live from level two twenty one to thirty one, Goodwood Street.
Speaker 2: Wretchmen, this is.
Speaker 1: The Christian o'connal Breakfast Show on Nolvin's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 3: It's a Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. Ran new week week number twelve, show number fifty four. I've had a top weekend. I am sat in this chair right now. Over the weekend, I've had acupuncture and I've had cupping, and I've had a need or place where I did not know there was an acupressure point. I'm not entirely sure that i haven't been the cruel victim of some kind of TV hope show when the lady acupuncer said to me, do you trust me.
Speaker 2: Anyway? This morning show? Then Hamish McLaughlin is back.
Speaker 3: On the show around about half seven. It was a double phrase that pays over the weekend Friday night and over another one the games of the weekend. He had two phrases to work in and we'll play about the tape chat to Hamish. Maybe he can try and explain in a simple way, while I was trying to read up yesterday how the next stage, the Grand final stage and all the rounds work in AFL jack and I fell into a very deep sleep.
Speaker 4: I guess it's it seems normal for us, but as you're trying to relay how you were learning it, the final series is a little bit strange.
Speaker 2: Impenetrable to a new fan like me.
Speaker 3: How I get the top eight? You're now into the grand finals? Those rounds great to me. Then it would make the easiest way of doing that is instant knockout, like you'd having a soccer tournament. You play, you play each other, winner goes proceeds forward. Then I see right round one, and I'm reading about the various games that are in round one two weeks time, and then I see the d's oh that's not a qualifying game, that's an elimination game.
Speaker 2: What the ladder.
Speaker 4: They don't get the privileged So.
Speaker 3: Within the eights, you've got the top four and then the bottom four.
Speaker 4: The simplest way to think about it is the top four get a second chance. So if they lose their first game, they'll get a second chance.
Speaker 3: But then what's a bit later on where someone from the top four just does it go on the little guys and gets out a bit of a shoeing, just kicks them in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well what the demer that competing for is to get it into you know what? As I say it now, it does em confusing. But the bottom four, Yeah, we'll eventually play the top four.
Speaker 3: But then but then it's not gonna need to knock out, is it? Because if you lose in that elimination, that's it.
Speaker 2: You should be. That's right now, more Grand Finals for you. Yeah.
Speaker 4: If Melburne then went on not this weekend but next week straight yeah, that's straight out.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 3: Over the weekend, Producer Brad and Jack came around to Mind Saturday night for a couple of drinks and a bite to eat, see the family and a couple of things that went down over the weekend. First of all, we need to have a word with Producer Brad. Both the kids yesterday said to me, hardest handshake they've never experienced them whatever. They both did an impression and Producer Brad's handshake, Well, I don't know if it's a power move, but two an eleven.
Speaker 2: Year old girl a power move. You know, whether he's nervous coming around the lot.
Speaker 3: I really interprest Christians kids that I'm his new exec producer and they don't need to worry. He's and just does a power hand shape. It's got two broken fingers. She's almost person in the tears when she got the old bone cruncher.
Speaker 4: But you did a certain your dominance their bread the Alpha Male House.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he really showed them kids don't be mucking around. And producer Brad's on board. And then the other thing involves a man your man, Jackpost and the move he did Saturday night.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So if someone invites you round to theirs, you know, on a Saturday night, and they're going to lay on the food and drinks, it is customary. We've always raised this way to turn up with something. And what's great about when you invite people on this country you would actually, you would actually willingly say what can I bring? You know, that's Pommes used to that. It's actually a very polite thing. And so producer Brad and Jack both invited round to mine. Producer Brad offers up a cheeseboard. Jack says he's gonna make some cocktails, and sure enough he turns up with a box full of booze, two massive oranges I mean stair and at no point, and a cocktail shaker and a cocktail shaker, and so cheeseboard. Brad leaves the cheeseboard behind. We don't all get touched into the cheeseboard. We had to take away everyone's full up. Several times I said to Jack he should what do you make the cocktails?
Speaker 2: And a minute a minute, it doesn't make the cocktails attorn. At one point my wife even said to.
Speaker 3: Him, Jack, cocktails you know, actually says to my wife, Nah, the moment's passed. Moment King Jack has touched. Decided that the moment had passed.
Speaker 4: I felt the mood didn't call for cocktails anymore. By the time, we're sitting on the big L shaped cat sit on the L shaped couch and the ottoman, and it was a more intimate setting. It didn't feel like a party vibe.
Speaker 2: It was a very relaxed com even were all just sat around.
Speaker 4: I thought maybe you would be out of place and started, you know, shaking.
Speaker 3: But then if my wife, who you know, says, maybe how about a cocktail, and you go the moment has passed. I have assessed the situation as a guest here on your L shaped couch, and I noticed you went for that center spot. I had to be right at the end. I don't know if you ever see like panel shows, the guy at the end is always like the unfunny one. They just you're on the show, but out there. When I was on a project, you're on it, but you're out the end. There I was pretty much the main host, you were the main hose. And then going to no, I don't want a cocktail. I'm not making any cocktails for you all. And then Pats gets this, packs up all this box of booze.
Speaker 2: It goes home.
Speaker 5: I no, he no, die did you take all the booze home?
Speaker 2: So basically he turned up with nothing.
Speaker 5: That's the number one rule of rudeness.
Speaker 4: No I thought. I thought the rule was, say we started the cocktails and there was half a bottle of tequila left, please have it because we don't need to take that home. But now it's a full kit of virgin cocktail ingredients and tools. Do you leave that?
Speaker 2: Yes? Because what did Brad do?
Speaker 3: We didn't have any of those cheeses, and there was a lot of money on that plato.
Speaker 2: Smallest board of cheeses.
Speaker 3: He left all about behind him, and Irene didn't even blink that went, you have the cheeses.
Speaker 4: I hated that I saw him do that, And in the morning, in the moment, I knew that I wanted to take the cocktails, and I saw Brad offer to leave the whole plate of cheese.
Speaker 3: Very very generous, and we chucked Himo at lunchtime yesterday, and even when my wife had gone up to bed yesterday, I went and raided that cheeseboard again because I'm not strong enough. Man. If I seal that cheese in the fridge, I don't even like who I've become one of my loane with cheese.
Speaker 2: It's I actually don't. I don't eat it.
Speaker 3: I destroyed. I may never eat again. How later I've had that cheese shaving bed goud.
Speaker 2: I've had too much cheese or word about my sinuses.
Speaker 4: How much is left from what he brought.
Speaker 2: When my family wake up this morning, they're going to open that fresh goat. We'd be broken into the eating all the cheese.
Speaker 3: A horrible thing that won them. I actually needn't pull the cutting off a bit.
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 3: And then wrapped it up, put it back in there. I'll finish it off when I get back after the show today. But a gift, wake some of that, Cheddar. I'll see you later at lunchtime, Cheddar. But no, I don't need no cocktails to wash it down with you, because you're taking everything back on with you.
Speaker 2: It's my ball. I'm taking it back home.
Speaker 6: Usually, Jack, if someone opens their home to you and and is courteous enough to put on a spread.
Speaker 5: Present.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you probably expected from the way that Christian told the story that they put on the dinner as in cooked it.
Speaker 2: Oh, we paid for the takeaway. They just three hundred bucks.
Speaker 4: They wors lovely, but they ordered in wet.
Speaker 2: We paid for the food or the booze.
Speaker 3: Yeah, old tiny pockets here didn't dig into anything.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The last time I took him out for dinner, he's ordering oysters.
Speaker 3: Yes, And now he's just started to pack up his box of booze and get go back home.
Speaker 2: Shocking scenes. Shocking scenes. What do you think is Jack right? Then?
Speaker 3: If you haven't opened up the booze and it's again virgin booze is a fresh bottle of booze.
Speaker 2: Is it okay to take it home? Or should he have left it behind?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So the weekend I opened up my home and vite producer Brad and a young Jack.
Speaker 2: They come round.
Speaker 3: They're both bearing gifts, as is the way we're all raised, but just turns up where they ash cheeseboard. Jack turns up with a box of booze to make cocktails during the night. We've got too much food. We don't open the cheese board, but producer Brenda's wife, they don't even blink. They say, cheeseboards days. That's our gift to you for being host tonight.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Whereas young Jack and his.
Speaker 3: Wife have no problem packing up their little box of booze and high tenning it out there with it, there are no cocktails offered. Jack snaps at my wife aggressively. It says, the moment has moved on.
Speaker 2: Ugly scenes, ugly scenes.
Speaker 4: Could I throw one more thing in my defense?
Speaker 2: What is this trial by Carl?
Speaker 4: We get there, we got to add this. We get there and your daughters are already whipping up cocktails.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: I mean they're on the eleven and fourteen, so they're not drinking cocktails. But then we're adding some liquor to the adult cocktails. But there's pinuclidters going around, so there's already cocktails in the system, the ecosystem of the dinner.
Speaker 3: Do you know what yesterday the kids were going, how come Jack didn't I want to make you guys any any cocktails?
Speaker 2: And I said one, it's lazy.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then then I felt like I had to pr I to look off your internal pr and I said, do you know what, He's a very kind guy. What he wouldn't want to do is upstairs you guys, because you were doing those pinaclades.
Speaker 2: And they looked at me like, no, yes, yes, no, no. Heather's on the line. Good morning, Heather, Good morning, Heather, Welcome to the show. What do you reckon?
Speaker 8: Then?
Speaker 2: Did Jack do the right thing or the wrong thing?
Speaker 9: I would have done the same thing in that situation, kidding, I think you didn't open it. I would have taken it home and then I would have said.
Speaker 10: I.
Speaker 2: Understand this. We asked him to open it.
Speaker 3: He slapped to my wife to f off and said the moment that moved on.
Speaker 4: I think there's ably in this story, Heather. I agree with you. If the cocktails had been opened and they had been home even three quarters left, sure, we'll leave it behind. You can make the rest.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I've learned from this? The next time you turn up with booths, I'm to sing the moment they come in the house, I'm going to open the bottle, have half fit straight away and staying. Now, Okay, you saw it's open, Sharon, Good.
Speaker 10: Morning, Good morning, Christian Hill. Are you well.
Speaker 3: I'm devastated on us by opening up my family home and to have Jack this trample on it.
Speaker 4: Sharon. I recognize your wise and I don't think this will be good for me.
Speaker 10: Jack. I'm sorry, but you've done the wrong thing. You should have left at least one bottle of alcohol there is I can't reduced a break to leave the cheese boardy, you should have left one bottle of alcohol.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and do you know what? Do you know what, Shan? Do you know what happened moments before?
Speaker 3: At the more I play back the tape that the Zapruda footage back into the left, back into the left. He had a little kind of mini discussion with his wife about this.
Speaker 2: They had a meeting about this.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised.
Speaker 2: I saw it. I saw it. You know, they had a mini meeting. No this get out of it with everything of ours and could leave them nothing.
Speaker 10: No, I mean, I'm sorry. That was wrong. I mean, Christian, every hair's up to you and said they're not. You should have left at least one bottle. I'm sorry, but I'm all for you. I'm on your side, Christian, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: Sharon. Can I ask one more thing? Sharing? Do you think the takeout has anything to do with it? That the fact that they were putting on a spread they got taken No, it doesn't.
Speaker 10: Matter whether they cooked the meal or they shouted you a meal. You should have left at least one bottle.
Speaker 4: One more thing. I know we've got to go, but Sharon, they suggested noodles and dumplings for the takeout bank and I specifically said we had noodles for lunch, implying that we didn't want noodles for dinner.
Speaker 5: No, I can't.
Speaker 2: He asked them to see the menu.
Speaker 3: Never come into the menu, and they had another little secret meeting.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, I'm sorry, Christian, you can't we miss Jack. I'm sorry. You've got a real heart taste in your hands.
Speaker 4: Ye, yes, he doesn't have a hardcase.
Speaker 3: The house Guest from Hell is the title of today's show.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one four point three.
Speaker 3: It's six thirty am and time to play the early morning game.
Speaker 4: Sounds like a song to me.
Speaker 3: Christian, thank you. This is why I play a clip. It's got some sound effects. In the effects are the clues to the song title. So I've been playing this for a while. We've been enjoying it. However, it's been irritated because you've been getting it every single day. I kept thinking that it was making it harder, even but five months of my home money on at one point last week, so I didn't think it would go. Third call had got it, so I went away. I had a really good think, a really hard think, which is hard for me. I'm making a really really tough one and this is it. It's not an obscure song. It is a song you'd hear on this radio station. It was a big song. I'll give you no more clues. The clues are here. All right, you want to have another couple of ghosts.
Speaker 4: I thought over the weekend as I was doing my investigation that it might be all the sound effects, take the first letter of the sound effects and make up a word. But I don't think there is a song called Apa worm.
Speaker 3: There could be, but that isn't the right answer. I tried the sound effects provide the clues and also answers.
Speaker 2: So what you here?
Speaker 3: Good morning, Joshua, Hey, hey boys, there's going yeah.
Speaker 2: Pretty good. Josh. What's your song? Then? What do you reckon? It is?
Speaker 8: He did Around the World by Dart Punk.
Speaker 3: I can see what you gets in that, Josh, is not that song. Tough luck, buddy, thanks for trying.
Speaker 2: Kent, Hey, guys, Kent, We're good to hope you well, what's your guess?
Speaker 11: Huey Lewis Beck in Tom song.
Speaker 3: The time this old computer sound effects at a time of monkeys. It was a time of monkeys. The monkey overlords were running Kent. Not the right song, Robbie boy, Hello, christ Hello, Rob, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: What's the song?
Speaker 11: Answer the jungle CLIs.
Speaker 3: It's not that Rob, tough luck, that's not the right answer. Scott, good morning, Yeah.
Speaker 12: Mate's let Me Love You by Mario.
Speaker 3: This one came in a lot over the weekend actually, but it's not the right answer.
Speaker 2: Tough luck, Scott, Thanks for time.
Speaker 4: Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 2: Of course you can?
Speaker 4: Are all the sound effects? I think I asked this last week. Best, I don't trst you are all the sound effects relevant?
Speaker 3: I referred to my previous answer on Friday. And so the game isn't based on Q and A. You simply get the song title and then you jog on all right, no right answers again? So far nine four one four, one oh four.
Speaker 1: To three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So playing the early morning game, could we be at a work ad? Breaking?
Speaker 3: Roll over now two shows no right answer. We're going to take some more calls. Anyone on these could have the right song titles. So here's how this game works. I play a little clip. It's got a couple of sound effects. In the sound effects are clues to the song title. It's a very well known song. Here is the clip at the moment that no right answers for say we were here folks nine four one four one oh four to three, Marissa, Good.
Speaker 2: Morning, Good morning. Now, Marissa, do you think you've got the right answer?
Speaker 10: I hope so, because I'm I'm sick of hearing that screeching every morning.
Speaker 3: You're talking about Pats.
Speaker 2: Marissa, what do you think the song is?
Speaker 10: Shock the Monkey by Peter Gabriel.
Speaker 3: It's not the right answer, Marissa, But I'm telling you now what Marissa's done there has been a little bit smarter, interesting, significant.
Speaker 2: What's just happened?
Speaker 4: The monkey is significant?
Speaker 2: Everything is significant? Kayleen, good morning.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 11: How are you going?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Pretty good. Do you have a nice weekend?
Speaker 13: I had a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Excellent.
Speaker 3: All right, Okay, let's get your week off to a good start. See if you can take this down. What do you think the song.
Speaker 14: LW by Katy Perry?
Speaker 2: Lord, No, we.
Speaker 3: Don't play Katy Perry here, and no disspects of Katy Perry.
Speaker 2: But no, it is said. It's not a Katy Perry song. I can tell you that said too much already.
Speaker 3: It's not a Katy Perry song, nothing from her extensive back catalog.
Speaker 4: It is something we play on this station. Yeah, interesting, Jack, he said that. Oh yeah, Jack, Pats, have you had a guess yet today.
Speaker 6: No, I'll give up. That's really hard. I'm stumped by this one.
Speaker 4: We know shuck the Monkey is close, so I've written down transport the Monkey, the Monkey overseas.
Speaker 5: I reckon artist, No, no, no.
Speaker 2: The clues as it keeps saying, phats is sort of song title.
Speaker 4: So it's not the Monkey's the band.
Speaker 2: I've said too much already. Yes, what do you reckon?
Speaker 12: On the corner by Creeden's clear Water?
Speaker 3: That's the second credence one on this morning, isn't it. Someone's really going through a deep dive of the various song as you get there.
Speaker 10: Leone, the whistle and the dog and everything.
Speaker 15: I just remember, like the film clip and stuff like that, having all of that in it.
Speaker 3: It's not the right answer, Leoni. Thanks for trying. Share, ol goome oning take one last show, Come on and share. You're well, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: What is the song? What are you hearing?
Speaker 13: I'm hearing guitars and by Ray Stevens.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's what we've come to. That's a great song, and that is that this morning?
Speaker 2: You're hearing that? Or did you hear it.
Speaker 3: On Friday the last week when we started to play it? And you put it together.
Speaker 13: I heard it Friday afternoon and I thought, that's what that is.
Speaker 2: Now, why do you reckon that's the song title?
Speaker 13: Because that that put me back years ago when Ray Stevens was quite quite popular.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, share it. It's not the right answer, oh dish, never mind.
Speaker 3: That's all right, thanks for not swearing. We roll over till tomorrow morning. As I said last week, the only way you're going to get this is when I start giving up the clues to it. But then again, someone today might hear it again and might be pete to might pick up the song, maybe listen to bits more creatively to what you're hearing.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm going to do tomorrow give away all my investigation notes. I've got an extensive list of words that will relate to sounds in the song.
Speaker 3: And that this is the notepad where all he did Friday was draw around his hands and write Chubby by it. And then now it's the sort of thing that when the FBI kicking someone's door and arrest a serial killer. You know, there's pictures of people with their eyes cut out from long range lenses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you hand over those notes to the police.
Speaker 1: The Christian o' conwell Breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three totally one thing we really really need urgently quick update about our song, our song for Melbourne Ama and our effort to try and help this great city reclaim the number one. Is what most Liverpool city in the world from the new number one Vienna, maybe that eighty song just tip the judges a couple of points to Vienna's way. So Jackson busy writing a song. It's in great shape. However, the only thing we need now is a school choir, a Melbourne school choir. And we mentioned this on Friday show No Dice because I don't know about these elusive artists trying to get any kind of connection with the kids that are in these school choirs. They're working hard, they're practicing, but I know a lot mums and dads are up and about right now, the chaos of Monday morning. If your kid is in a school choir, We really really really do need their help. It's actually just a couple of lines, isn't it. We need from them easy and you say it's easy, but then listen to the mess.
Speaker 2: We do a good thing.
Speaker 3: We ask some of the people here to help out on a song and they come into the studio and they leave a big old stinker up. This is not nice. That was Gavin Minner, that high pitched Gavin Minner. That's Gavin Minner as well. Now it's awkward because I called me so excitedly a couple of hours after doing that and got me on a show where because you can only such a friendly guy as well, and he was.
Speaker 2: He's so supported to the show. And can I just say it's.
Speaker 3: So I really appreciate it being asked and to be part of this big project. And I feel really bad now because gave you fired. We can't we can't, we can't use this. I mean this.
Speaker 4: And that's after our music wizard has tried to do turn all the right knobs, made its polish that he's tried to polish it in so many she.
Speaker 2: Actually can't polish one of those floaters.
Speaker 3: And so listen, I'm really sorry, cav I'm happy to tell you on the phone on this show tonight, but you're not. We can't move forward. So we need a school choir to replace whatever that is. Okay, we love the enthusiasm, However.
Speaker 2: We need a kid's school choir.
Speaker 3: So there's anyone can help anytime this morning, give us a quick call nine four one four three.
Speaker 2: Perhaps what's your three word weekend for you?
Speaker 5: He's being unfaithful.
Speaker 4: He's being unfaithful, all right.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: It's any one thing I've learned over the weekend. I was catching up with the news yesterday evening and I went to Ireland. Big big thing over there is the Pope's in town. Obviously in Ireland it's a big thing. And however the streets were lined with very excited Catholics hoping to say hi, wave at the Pope. The Pope goes through the streets of Dublin in his poper bill now sort of security vehicle he's got. I didn't know how quickly that think and move. You've got to google it today, right speed. People look really disappointed, the speed that I just presumed he would cruise, rying like wave at them, you know, like the Queen does.
Speaker 2: No, the Pope's got not time that he's gunning it. It's goes so quickly people, it's just a wake of really upset Catholics.
Speaker 4: Go what was that him?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's just gunning it.
Speaker 3: I didn't know who knew that the Pope was a speed freak, and also that the poper bill can pick up such speeds as well.
Speaker 4: So is he still standing up in the back or is he going to brace himself?
Speaker 2: Is in that one?
Speaker 1: Tho?
Speaker 2: It's gonna Sebastian Vitale's kind of bucket. See. So perhaps what's been going with you? What's your three word weekend?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, he's being unfaithful. I can't believe it.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I can even talk after twenty years of marriage. My husband has opened our bed to others.
Speaker 2: What what's what's Crispin doing?
Speaker 5: And he knows I'm aware of it and doesn't care.
Speaker 2: Wow, he's a flagrant cheetah.
Speaker 14: He is.
Speaker 6: So he has a love affair with Netflix in bed and it's keeping me awake at night?
Speaker 2: What's he doing? And he's he's watching shows by himself.
Speaker 6: He's into this show called Happy. Has anyone got into the Happy series something of it?
Speaker 5: Haven't you? I think it's a new one.
Speaker 6: Anyway, it's keeping me awake at night and I'm not happy about it.
Speaker 3: Hang on, you're rolling over with the curlers in going to sleep, right, a big old night on some of that.
Speaker 2: And then he's what, he's got the old laptop.
Speaker 6: Up, he's he's got the ear plugs in and everything. Now he's on his phone. He's watching it on the phone. He's got the ear plugs in, but it's still I'm very sensitive to light and everything at night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we need to go to seat. You can't have any light in the room. And then he's watching TV.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's very very rude.
Speaker 3: But apparently do you hear that?
Speaker 2: That very it's two very's very vague rude.
Speaker 4: So why doesn't he watch on TV?
Speaker 6: Well, we've got an older and older plasma TV right, so it hasn't got the right point.
Speaker 5: And he's been.
Speaker 6: Banging on about getting a new TV. So I wonder if it's part of his plot.
Speaker 2: A smart man, Yes, he will do this.
Speaker 3: It's at you Whales for the big play, which is the brand new biggoty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's putting all his chest acually smart.
Speaker 2: He's going to wait you out. But who will win you or Chris?
Speaker 5: What do you think you?
Speaker 6: Well, it is tax season, so I don't know. We might go fifty to fifty with this.
Speaker 2: One, all right, come up next.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you about the thing that I don't know if any of you wants experienced a similar thing. This has been the story of my weekend. I think I got something on Friday, and I think I brought into the house and I actually do believe it's cursed, so much so that my wife said, can you move that thing?
Speaker 2: Did you get it? Friday? I think I've actually brought something cursed into the house.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three Pats, have you ever brought something into the house and after a couple of days you actually start to maybe think this thing is cursed, that's brought us bad luck.
Speaker 6: I've got my grandmother's old fox jacket that she left me, you know, and it's got the claws and from the forties. My grandfather bought it for it, so it's the real fox. And Chris hates it and Audrey hate it.
Speaker 2: Surprised I'm not loving hearing about this.
Speaker 5: It's hanging in the laundry.
Speaker 3: She was on a fox pelt like you're a mad leader on Game of Thrones, And.
Speaker 6: I can't be you ever worn it or anything. No, but I can't be able to throw it out. It was my grandma's so it's got sentimental value. But they hate it and it's hanging on the back of the door.
Speaker 4: Are you wear it in tomorrow?
Speaker 5: I can, yeah, you want me to.
Speaker 3: You know, sometimes you get on the tram or a bus or something, right, and I've often walked out away. What is the best way to have that seat next to you? Left alone? And I don't like but my bag there. Can't stand people that do that, because then you have to ask them they go.
Speaker 2: But I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: But if I see someone sat alone, oh, there's never seen that, and I see them wearing a dead fox on that That's what I'll stand. Actually, Oh, crazy lady in the back of the bus with the old fox.
Speaker 2: Jacket, the pelt king. But do you believe it's it's got some sort of bad powers?
Speaker 5: I think they do. I don't they do?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: So Friday, right, I went to have acupuncture. Right, I could have done every couple of months. Right, it's fantastic. And as I'm making my way there, a walk past's store I've never seen before. And full disclosure, I'm a sucker for these places I see the dream capture and I stop Crystal healing store. They might as well shut that place down very soon because old wide eyed pommies in town and he needs to buy some stuff.
Speaker 4: You don't take me for the crystal time.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: Also, I've got some rand new angel cards. I've got some bullet cards. And this lady was like, oh, we're going to close up for the rest of you. And she goes, so you're interested all the stuff and I'm like yeah, yeah. She goes, uh, you have you seen these? These are crystals. I went, oh, I've never never tried these on the crystal. She goes, oh, this is an amethyst. This is how amethysts are very powerful. It's buy one of these crystals. You carry it around with you have it in the house, and it can we can look after karma.
Speaker 2: I hear this. I'm like, I don't ask how much it is. I go, I'll take that. She goes, don't want to have that much. I'm thinking I need.
Speaker 3: An amethyst in my pocket, madam. And so I get this thing. I'll bring it into the house. And I've got to be honest, since Friday, nothing but bad.
Speaker 5: Did you wash it first?
Speaker 6: You meant to wash. Well, it was a full moon last night. You meant to wash it and put it in a full yeah, full moonlight and it cleanses. You might have to do a bit of a ritual and clap in the corners of the house and stuff.
Speaker 4: I have never heard you got to wash your crystals before.
Speaker 3: This is everything okay, So this is so everything down.
Speaker 2: I need to wash the crystal. What they've got someone else's usual on it.
Speaker 6: Well, it's got her fingerprints and stuff on it. It's got her energy. So you need to cleanse it.
Speaker 4: And you're saying the lady the shop is bad energy.
Speaker 6: Well I'm not saying she's bad energy, but it's got her energy on it.
Speaker 2: You need to I mean I barely understand what to put my jeans on.
Speaker 5: The right wash flat now just under the tap. You don't need to.
Speaker 3: Put it on two hour cycle. What are you're washing is my crystal? It's got bad energy. I've put some fabric softener in there with clean soul spirit.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three Time out to catch up with a good friend. Hamish McLaughlin, Come on in, Hamish, always.
Speaker 7: Feel good hearing your voice, Christian morning, do you morning? Jack out?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just cut there like he's busy doing some admin. Hey, yeah, what is it?
Speaker 4: How I am?
Speaker 7: Did I interrupt you doing something?
Speaker 4: So No, I just thought I thought it was a quick hallaii and then we move on to the action.
Speaker 2: Let's move on.
Speaker 7: It's not a conversation like radio normally.
Speaker 3: You just prefer to make it all business. No show today, all business with Jack. So listen to Hamish before we get into and playing about the videotape of what happened over the weekend with the two goes of the phase that pace. Please help me out here, right, I'm still a newbie fan of AFL. Just when I thought I understood it all, everything gets swept away from me yesterday. So the D's is through. They get a they get a home game. Now, this great news, first time in twelve years. They're through to the finals. I start reading up about how the next few rounds work. Round one coming up just under two weeks time of the AFL Ground Final.
Speaker 2: Round one. I get it first, all top eight teams. This makes sense.
Speaker 3: You will play each other, knocking each other out to progress to the next stage In a knockout tournament.
Speaker 2: No within the eight as the top four on the bottom four.
Speaker 3: So I'm looking at round one and I'm saying about the Tigers and the Hawks, West Coast and Collinwood. Those are qualifying rounds, and then I see the D's and in an instant elimination round.
Speaker 2: What's going on now?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: So all year you're thinking about the top four. If you can get into the top four, you get the double chance. If you go five to eight, you're in the finals. But every week is cut throat, so it is more complicated.
Speaker 7: For the Demons.
Speaker 8: We would have loved to have finished top four, both the Demons and the Cats. But if you have a look at the three word weekend, AFL finals are here. Finally, one hundred and ninety eight home and away games done.
Speaker 2: Wow, so we're here.
Speaker 8: The other thing with three word weekends, you've got to put the Demons into context. Demons are real. They were so superb last week against the Eagles. They are better yesterday against the Giants.
Speaker 7: So three word week.
Speaker 3: That's going to feel good for you because you were the one you were guiding me when I was going through which team should I go for? I remember your brother was like actually saying to you in front of me, well, why is he telling you that nothing's going to happen to them this season?
Speaker 2: You must Phil Breen.
Speaker 8: Doesn't know anything about the AFL clear on that he's a good administrator, knows nothing about the game. So let's leave Gillan out of this. But free word Weekend the Cats all wait, So you and I have had historical bets on the Demons and the Cats since you became a demon. I'm up one piece of peaking, all right, So I'm going to double down and it's going to be fun. We'll watch that together someway. That's the Friday night. If you can't come into the commentary box for that on the Friday night.
Speaker 3: I'm happy to co comment, well, happy to co commentat. I think what the commentary needs is a clueless pony what happens now? Guy?
Speaker 2: Much here exactly?
Speaker 8: And just on the three word weekend politics, who's our PM question Mark?
Speaker 7: What about Max? For PM?
Speaker 8: Max Goning told be one of the great pms of this game, credible performance instead of him absolutely Jared Roughhead on Saturday Night was extraordinary. I just noted on the weekend that Jared Roughhead has played under one coach but now six prime ministers. So it's been an interesting career for Joel Selward, for Patsy Joel Seward.
Speaker 7: Off the market, off the market.
Speaker 8: Three word weekends, sadly racing Chatago one of our great racehors who won't get out of the belt.
Speaker 7: Chaitago won't jump.
Speaker 8: And then O see, I was following you on Twitter last night and to be honest and pretty concerned about you, Sunday night, melancholy you okay, no, tally what it was Saturday night in the basement, drinking red wine by yourself naked.
Speaker 3: No, this was a semi naked It was Saturday night after Jack and Brad had left. You know, sometimes I like to just put my headphones on. My wife had gone to bed and listen to sad songs. I find there's a I love doing that. And by the way, heymis, what do you think about this?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 3: So invite Jack and Brad Rownd. They come round. Brad turns up with a cheese board. We don't eat in the cheese and he says, at the end of the night, have the cheese board. Jack brings some booze. He doesn't make any cocktails for us. He tells my wife that the moment's moved on, while she said I'd love one of your cocktails. He then takes all his booze back home with him. That's not on, is it?
Speaker 7: It's two parts of that one.
Speaker 8: I love the fact that Bread's now bringing Melbourne supporter a cheese pard.
Speaker 4: And everything I imagine, everything I imagined.
Speaker 7: About Jack is now reality.
Speaker 4: That's brilliant.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll come back with Hamish after the East the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We're joined by Hamish mclonchlin and is now tying to play back the two. It was kind enough on Friday to agree to do two rounds of the phrase that pay so Hamish. The first one Friday night was to get listener Scheries text that she lent for this feature. Sis, can I borrow twenty bucks? I'll give it to you next Thursday. So do you want to explain anything? Before we played this back?
Speaker 7: Was there a cis in? There?
Speaker 2: Was there this guy knows this guy? No?
Speaker 8: No, I just got to I just got to check my text from our producer Bread to make sure that I got sent the right information.
Speaker 2: Was the day find was to day he didn't have his glassus.
Speaker 4: I want to be surprised.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's not Hamish's hang.
Speaker 8: On phrases at nine eighteen am from Brad, who's our producer.
Speaker 7: Phrases.
Speaker 8: First one hash hyphen best of luck with your resignation today. Second one can I borrow twenty bucks?
Speaker 4: I'll give it a Yeah, he was mister mcgow on Friday when we were around bumping into and everything, he.
Speaker 2: Dropped the ball several times and he dropped the cets from Paul. Do you know that?
Speaker 7: Also?
Speaker 8: I had breakfast I to coffee with bread on Thursday show in your absence, and he told me on Friday we left without paying for the coffee.
Speaker 7: You go picked out. I don't, I said, don't even have a coffee.
Speaker 2: Wasn't a glass of water?
Speaker 7: I didn't know you sat down and had glass of water.
Speaker 8: So I went back and paid for him, and they said, was out that mister McGoo type character we cofee with yesterday and just left without pain And I didn't have cis I just see you text me exactly. Can I borrow twenty bucks? I'll give it to you next Tuesday.
Speaker 3: All right, let's have a listen to this, this play about the tape from friday night's game.
Speaker 8: Rough he played under one coach, but six PM's extraordinary. You only chance to be a PM cons Well, I know nothing about politics, so the position should suit me.
Speaker 3: Well, then now that's the the wrong one that's got We've got to go back here. Yeah, come on, I can't even blame it. That's my fault. Actually, here is here's the here's the CIS going to borrow you one.
Speaker 8: Alex Johnson goes in for mee Rico number six. I think things can't get worse? Well, who do you find out?
Speaker 4: It's rooming with it?
Speaker 2: He's shock.
Speaker 8: You imagine the chat with Shorty.
Speaker 4: I'll give it you next tuesday. Hey, yeah, you wanna have a quady?
Speaker 2: What do you want to do here?
Speaker 7: Just chat chat chat chat chat.
Speaker 2: Well he did it, he did it perfectly.
Speaker 4: Well you go there one know sis.
Speaker 8: This would have been easy. If I knew Sis was there would have been fine. But that was a long stretch and I was pretty pleased to get it in.
Speaker 3: To be honest with you, hey, miss, you will have him fired today on your behalf.
Speaker 2: Okay, you'll get rid of him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, then we go on to the one you agreed for some reason do too over the weekend. This came from listener John, best of luck with the resignation today, So tell us about this one then set it up for us.
Speaker 8: Was there, well yesterday morning, this was Sunday morning. I was thinking Melbourne versus Giant. It's going to be tricky to get it in. So as I'm hosting the Sunday morning show Game Day, I said to Adam Kerney, I'm gonna have to run a resignation. But he said, is this the phrase it pays? I said, yeah, just run with me. Here he goes, this is getting serious. What is it today? I said, best of luck with your resignation? Day said, how are you getting that in? I said, we'll work it out together. Roughly played under one coach, but six pms extraordinary?
Speaker 7: Are you only chance to be a PM? Coons?
Speaker 16: Well, I know nothing about politics, so the position should suit me well.
Speaker 8: Then festival luck with the resignation today and good luck with the campaign.
Speaker 4: Surely it was everything he hoped.
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Was it always as these two sides?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 2: I thought that most very good. That's two from two.
Speaker 4: Adam Cooney makes his second appearances.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's a great wing man.
Speaker 3: He's like I think you too, like changed over cash in that commentary box.
Speaker 2: So you know, found we're.
Speaker 8: Dancing well together, aren't the skating beautifully?
Speaker 3: Now the other thing we got you to do Friday, Jack, do you want to give him some feedback because I get the feeling you're not happy with the performance that he laid down from Melbourn anthem.
Speaker 4: I'm actually happy with Hamish's performance. So this is your idea to put Hamish into the Melbourne song in it of commentary. Yeah, so it's like a stop down during the song and we hear a bit of commentary. This is your idea of Vienna playing Melbourne and Melbourne comes over the top at the.
Speaker 2: End wins again.
Speaker 4: Hey, your commentary is great. I'm not happy with the Atmoss and crowd sound effects that our audio man's putting in.
Speaker 7: Was that Brad as well?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 2: It can be? It can be the more we've the outIn.
Speaker 4: I don't think it sounds like a football game. You guys better judge.
Speaker 2: Let's have a listen. Well, this is hard to fathom.
Speaker 17: Melbourne has led all day long, but with just seconds left, Vienna has their noses in front. Okay, back to the middle we go. One last roll of the dice. What can this great city of Melbourne muster?
Speaker 2: Seconds?
Speaker 17: Ticked by the ball and just gut Melbourne gets a hands on it first. Melbourne bursts out of the middle, bravely runs a fifty with pace, breaks a Vienna tackle and another. Melbourne kicks a goal. A city gasp, A city hopes it's accurate. It's long, it's home, it's through the middle. It's a goal Melbourne. Yes, Melvin wins, Melbourne beats Vienna.
Speaker 4: He's the greatest city of all.
Speaker 2: That's brilliant.
Speaker 4: You did brilliantly.
Speaker 8: It's actually it feels like go to a sort of a university rally. That crowd noise we can't get the.
Speaker 2: MC must see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you're right. It's not the right stick it up a little act. It also sounds like it feels like a fight crowd.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not normally what you get the g.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 8: We can crack that up and maybe a siren as the ball sails through, Maybe an umpires whistle.
Speaker 7: Some guy, you're like, dam.
Speaker 3: On day, come on now, man, we can do this great town for these notes home.
Speaker 4: Do you have access to mcg sound effects and crowd?
Speaker 2: Got all those.
Speaker 8: CDs he carries, email them over to you now, yeah, they probably I just I'll just air drop them to you now.
Speaker 2: Also, you don't happen to have an in at school choir, do you?
Speaker 7: Yep? Yep. I'll get them to when do you need them?
Speaker 2: By the L A S A P.
Speaker 7: They'll be around.
Speaker 4: The song needs to be complete by Wednesday, So we're putting your part in the song today.
Speaker 3: Ham.
Speaker 4: We get the school choir hopefully tomorrow, and then the Lord Mayor we showed the song to on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all right. We catching with you towards the end of the week. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Take care by the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So over the weekend, my wife was doing the normal thing in that very underwhelming.
Speaker 2: Way about Father's Day and it's like, oh, what do you want?
Speaker 3: You know, it's a non event compared to the huge spectacle that is Mother's Day. Even watching TV over the weekend, play a little game when a you're watching this TV this week, check out the adverts about every other advert begins.
Speaker 2: This Father's Day, Yeah, what is it now?
Speaker 3: See one yesterday for a fitbit? No way, no way, for any Mother's day. They going this Mother's Day, why not get old chunky a fitbit. No one's going up to their mom and going I got you this. You know, let me lose the old love handles, mum.
Speaker 2: No one's doing that.
Speaker 3: But dad's okay to hey, get off the couch, wear a fitbit and lose to man boobs. So watch out the TV adverts this week with this Father's weekend and you say, oh, yeah, what is it now? So an your wife goes, it's so hot, so hard buying a gift for you? It's impossible to buy a gift for you, went, no way, It's harder for me to buy a gift for you. We start arguing about who is it harder to buy a gift for?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 7: Do you?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 3: See, I think it's harder to buy a gift for a woman than it is a guy.
Speaker 5: No, disagree strongly.
Speaker 4: Really I think I disagree as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's interesting.
Speaker 3: Now what perhaps why you do you think it's harder for to shop and buy.
Speaker 2: Something for a man?
Speaker 6: I think because like you. Chris is not excited about Father's Day, so we won't drop hints. So he ends up just getting a Bunnings voucher or something boring like that.
Speaker 5: I don't worry about.
Speaker 2: You go and shop, you go shop, you go buy.
Speaker 5: The gift, yeah, or a JB.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: He always likes music, but yeah, he's pretty Uh.
Speaker 2: Why do you think it's do you know if it's harder for a woman, Chapman.
Speaker 4: I actually find it easy to buy for your anchor. I think like she likes books and movies, so there's there's always new books and movies coming out.
Speaker 2: Bet you ever try to buy a handbag for lady?
Speaker 4: No, I would never.
Speaker 3: I never try and buy all those big sort of plumber's bag.
Speaker 5: Chris, Yeah, I have.
Speaker 3: But each time you are playing Russian Roulette, you're a roll in the dice.
Speaker 2: You know, same with with with with clothes.
Speaker 3: I love buying clothing, wife, But you buy twelve in one stort you go next door.
Speaker 2: The twelf is completely different? How can that be?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: I never risk clothes.
Speaker 5: No, Chris doesn't do that either.
Speaker 3: So I said, my wife, it's impossible to buy a few, you know, And I said not at all I said, You know what, if you do want to get me some, it's very good at office works. And I need some new index cards and load of these new sharpie pens. Right, you do love those shares, but this one isn't available in the UK. I've never seen this model before. It's called the bullet tip. I for my wife is get me a load of these. And I'm seriously that's me happy this weekend.
Speaker 2: This is all one.
Speaker 3: All I've got is this one. At the moment, I'm paranoid of losing it or leaving it somewhere. It's the best sharpeye I've ever used. I'm happy to do an advert for them. It's the Sharper bullet tip. It's a great one.
Speaker 4: And why is it up to Sarah to buy you the Father's Day gift?
Speaker 2: Because I shike, don't get it myself. Now.
Speaker 4: Your daughters are old enough, I think to take it under their own responsibility.
Speaker 2: Well I agree, but I mean you speak to them about it.
Speaker 6: They just it's like they might be making something. Audrey's busy making something.
Speaker 2: Oh great.
Speaker 6: Last year he got a cardboard tie. We know he loved it, with a bit of elastick and he had to wear it to work to his clients, and she'd pasted on pictures from the magazine.
Speaker 5: I think there was a bit of Prince Harry and the Queen on there.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I mean kids do love a collage, don't they. So as you grow out and just cutting out random photos.
Speaker 5: It's about six inches thick.
Speaker 3: But then you get with a lot of those homemade gifts, it feels like they're just going it.
Speaker 2: Here. You are person I know very little about, and look at it and go to any of these people.
Speaker 4: I never said I love Prince Harry.
Speaker 2: You are a strange, mysterious man.
Speaker 7: Having Father's Day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three this Father's Day?
Speaker 3: Why not treat the special father in your life to homemade wouldn't I know?
Speaker 5: A cardboard?
Speaker 3: So yesterday my youngest daughter right who like Audrey, if there's any spare time is just make it. The kitchen turns into a meth rab and she's making that homemade slime yesterday.
Speaker 2: How is there?
Speaker 3: She spends some stuff and then she goes to me, do you want me to make you something for Father's Day?
Speaker 2: I was thinking about making anyone a slime iceberg?
Speaker 7: What's that?
Speaker 3: I don't know, that's what I'm going to be getting a slime iceberg. It sounds messy, it sounds chaotic. And also it's the fact that when they when they make you stuff, it's the clean up operation because they just make it and boom, mic drop, they walk out the room and you got to get the hoover outge the dicing out to to who roped the.
Speaker 2: Glitter that goes everywhere everywhere.
Speaker 3: There's something about the homemade gifts because we've all done this before with mums and dads and birthday parents where you would have made homemade gifts. What are the classic homemade gifts.
Speaker 4: For this training? One is paying a pine cone or put Google eyes on a pine cone. We did that every year propreate. My dad probably has seven pine cones in the back of this plast somewhere with googly eyes on.
Speaker 3: It's had an Australian thing, then pine is that what I go look forward to this this because it's been my first Australian Father's Day, So a bit a pine cone.
Speaker 4: Pats, did you get a pine cone or did you even make him?
Speaker 7: When you're in I.
Speaker 6: Had the pastor nicklace. Oh you tread the pastor on a bit of wool. I got that one Mother's Day.
Speaker 3: I think Bex did that. So did you make that as well? Producer bexes on her drive through microphone.
Speaker 16: Yes, I was just saying to the others we always made those crappy pasting neck places, and your mom and dad are like, oh, thanks, all right, give us.
Speaker 3: A call this one and tell us about the homemade presence you've made that I can expect this weekend.
Speaker 2: Then nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Father's Day this weekend we're talking about the shonky homemade gifts we've made before. And Thenmber years ago, when I was a kid making one for my dad. I don't even know what I was thinking, right, I thought I'd make him a homemade letter opener. Now, what I need to know about my dad is when I was not raised down to an abbey whatever the opposite of that. My dad had a proper job working in a car factory doing fourteen hour days. He did not need a letter opener in his life for bills that he was struggling to pay, but I thought, I'll make dad a homemade letter opener.
Speaker 2: So what it is?
Speaker 3: I it was like one of our just standard kitchen knife and I got some ballsal would do you know that you're all cheap things? He would cut out and sort of taped it together with some celotatee basically sort of thing you'd see in a prison movie.
Speaker 2: Like a ship or a shank, wrapped it up and when there you go, Dad.
Speaker 3: I remember him even getting it going opening. I'm looking at it, like, what do you want me to do with this one?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 4: If there's a ride in the yard?
Speaker 2: I remember that that was it. I never saw him use.
Speaker 3: That, that good old home fashioned shiv letter opener.
Speaker 5: I wonderful if he's still got it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, there's a there's good of calls now, Melissa, good morning, good morning. Okay, So what homemade gift did you make?
Speaker 12: And there were two? Actually one we must have been big on picture frames. Now there was one of icy pole sticks that were all sort of overlapping on the corners and.
Speaker 2: That sort of thing you have like a raft.
Speaker 12: Yeah, exactly, bit of cardboard on the back, you know, pretty pretty good deep but anyway, so that was one year, and then another year there was one made out of macaroni around the edge of the frame and all sprayed gold paint.
Speaker 2: That's really I reckon.
Speaker 3: If you're talking Hall of Fame homemade gifts, macaroni something, Yeah, macaroni's I reckon. And all the grocery stores coals and wars this week selling out a macaroni. Honestly, they'd be selling out of bags and macaroni for kids to make stuff out of.
Speaker 4: That honorable mention to the paddle pup stick I remember a lot of paddle pup sticky raft.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Louise, good morning, Good morning, Hey, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: What's your homemade gift?
Speaker 11: Well, I'm a lot older than probably a lot of your viewer listeners. But we used to use an orange. The teacher would put a ribbon around it and secure it with drawing pins, and then we used to pot clothes in it the orange.
Speaker 5: Put clothes in the orange.
Speaker 11: You came and smell nice?
Speaker 3: Are you a time traveler who's come from the feteenth century?
Speaker 2: Shut up, dad, here's an orange.
Speaker 11: Doing that make crocheted carnation flowers beautiful? But these days that should be Mother's Day and Father's right, not a free course lunch and a lawn moler.
Speaker 2: You're quite right. Actually, yeah, you're quite right.
Speaker 3: I'll be lucky to even get an orange, to be honest, James, one last coil. Come on and James, welcome to the show. How yeah, I'm pretty good, Tobe. You well, buddy, And what's your homemade gift?
Speaker 15: It was from when I was quite much younger, I think with kindergarten or maybe prep, we were making come end of school, like Christmas ornaments out of Babe was like a curtain rod rings you could imagine are quite small, and they.
Speaker 4: Just glue a little bit of cloth over it so that.
Speaker 15: You could like have a go at just doing some needle points people are doing. They're doing, like, you know, pretty basic shapes because they're young. Most people just did Christmas trees. But yeah, I got about halfway through my tree and clearly needle point was of my vocation because I just stopped and just dumped some glitter over it and glued it.
Speaker 3: That's it, James, The good old glitter that stuff yeste people for life.
Speaker 15: It every year like so it's just kind of like legacy of life.
Speaker 3: Lack of n James, thank you very much for the call. You know what, glitter stays with you for life. You know sometimes they have like you on security vans turning up with cash for like shops and supermarkets, and they have that die that.
Speaker 2: If you open up this case, they should just have glitter. This will stand you longer than dying.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Well this is great.
Speaker 3: She got this to win every single day this week on the show. A VIP package to go to the Red Hot Summer Tour. That is the only Red Hot thing you really want. It's the Red Hot Summer Tour. You've got a double pass to go to the twenty nineteen Red Hot Summer Tour event. Get some merch an album signed by Jimmy Barnes, VIP entry for two people and two beverage vouchers upon arrival.
Speaker 2: I love that. It's two beverage vouchures? Now? Is that for you and the guest? Do you reckon? That's two for you, two for whoever you bring in.
Speaker 5: No I reckon, total of two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I reckon.
Speaker 4: They would make a song and dance about it if it was four drinks total.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going to say every day it's four okay, so it's two for you, two for your mate.
Speaker 2: I come out of your pocket with fair enough. Okay. The first show is sold out.
Speaker 3: The Red Hot Summer Tour is adding a second show now on the Sunday out at morning to Racecourse Sunday, the twentieth January. You can buy tickets for that one through ticket Master, but you can win this VIP package every single day this week. The way we're doing it, then you need to sing We're doing Ozzie ok to win your way to the Red Hot Summer to all. Today we turn our attention to this classic Australian anthem. All right, you've got to sing one line. Jack and Pat's are going to do a turn around. But this is the line you need to sing. Need you to come in after Barnzy and do the classic next line. And only seven flying hours and I'll be landing in Hong Kong.
Speaker 2: That's the line.
Speaker 3: You need to do the best you can and only seven flying hours and I'll be landing in Hong Kong. W'd be great now is all the gig pigs will start going, oh, it's too much effort. The lines are just half ah, so I just snap all them up with my little piggy trouting something.
Speaker 2: No over given away.
Speaker 3: You've actually got to try and do something for these tickets rather than be unlucky.
Speaker 2: Line nine. You were won?
Speaker 4: And are we giving them away to great singers? Are just the most passionate singers.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's a great point, Jack. Okay, we'll breathe through the teas and season a minute.
Speaker 2: We're looking for passion, Yeah, we're looking for passion, not just talnent. I reckon? Okay, So are you okay?
Speaker 3: As the resident kind of singer songwriters on the show to give a kind of guideline here.
Speaker 4: I'm a C plus singer. Yes, I'm ready. Only seven flying hours and now me landing in Hong Kong.
Speaker 3: As all right, all right, let's see how Pats he does.
Speaker 2: Now, Pats.
Speaker 6: In seven flying hours, we'll be landing in Hong Kong.
Speaker 4: And there a couple of words, but what that was a sorry?
Speaker 2: Why not give that news reading?
Speaker 4: That's good stuff?
Speaker 2: A nightmare? What a lovely voice? There? Any wording? Four three? Give us a call.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Sin's made an interview in Jimmy Mars two weeks ago, going to see his new documentary, which came out last Thursday, Working Class Boy.
Speaker 2: I'm halfway through reading, so I've read Jimmy's book, which is great.
Speaker 3: Halfway through reading Don Walker's, who penned most of the amazing songs for Cold Chisel.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: I love rock biographies, right, and that is one of the best ones I've ever read.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 3: I don't know it was so good Don Walker'm sure most of you up to speed you already read it.
Speaker 2: But if not and you're.
Speaker 3: Looking for a good book, Don Walker's Shots is an amazing rock biography. He's such a great rite. Obviously he's a great songwriter, but doesn't have to translate to writing a book.
Speaker 2: But this is is brilliant anyway.
Speaker 3: It's just coming up for five to nine every single day this week. Then we've got tickets and now paranoid I'm going to get it wrong again with that unfortunate missus pronunciation. Read summer tickets. The Saturday is sold out. On the nineteenth, They've had an extra show by popular demand at morningm Racecourse on the twentieth of January. You can buy tickets through ticket Muster at we we've got free tickets VIP tickets every single day. This week you've got obviously Barnsey singing Jon Jet, loads of others as well. You've got to sing your way there. This week we're doing Ozzie Oki. This is the first line from the Great Barnzy.
Speaker 2: You need to do the next line in case.
Speaker 3: I'm and only seven flying hours and I'm landing in Hong Kong.
Speaker 2: All right, were you ready to judge Jack? All right, let's burst up this morning. Singer for us.
Speaker 3: It is Michelle. Welcome Michelle. Hello, right, you got your singing voice ready?
Speaker 12: I think so.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll played the first line from Barnsey. Then you jump in.
Speaker 14: All right, Yep, I'm so good flying I'll be.
Speaker 12: In Hong Kong.
Speaker 2: Pretty good, pretty good stuff, Thank you, Michelle.
Speaker 18: Peter, Yep, all right, Betty, I'm Barnsie to you, bet.
Speaker 2: And seven fly hours I'll.
Speaker 14: Be landing in Hong Kong.
Speaker 2: It's like a drunken Keith Richards. Amazing stuff there.
Speaker 3: Nicole, Yes, okay, good luck, look at yeah over to.
Speaker 2: You, Nicole.
Speaker 14: Only seven flying hours and I'll be landing in Hong Kong.
Speaker 2: Well done, so far, one of the best. Glenny.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good, Glen.
Speaker 3: For some reason, the phone system here has got Glenn. Then in brackets fifty five, let's fall down the stairs with some glass with sad.
Speaker 2: This happens when your brackets fifty five.
Speaker 17: In a machine.
Speaker 2: All right, Glenn, are you ready?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 7: Thanks?
Speaker 2: So right over to you, Glenn with seven flying hours in hometown. Very good, very good, nay for effort. Then there's another Nicole back, come on in the col again. Hello, all right, this is good luck. All right, good luck.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're looking for your best line.
Speaker 2: Bring it.
Speaker 14: Only seven flying hours.
Speaker 13: I'll be landing in Hong Kong.
Speaker 4: I don't mind it. I'm more unpitched than the others. Yeah, it seems this is the division. The girls singing their normal singing voice. The guys tried to put on a voice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're trying to do the Barns. He aren't they that guts all kind of raw that guy and neither.
Speaker 4: Of them got it. But we got to commend the passion.
Speaker 2: And also give tickets away.
Speaker 4: I would I would riddle it down to my two favorites. Michelle and Glenn. Who do you think the first caller and the fourth caller?
Speaker 3: All right, Michelle and Glenn, can we get that? Let's a test the old dynamics.
Speaker 2: You a producer. Can we get them? Get them back? Yes we can. Okay, let's hear it again.
Speaker 3: Then all right, they're in a sing off final now, Michelle, Okay, I need you do it one more time. Okay, you're singing for the tickets. It's between you and Glenn. You ready?
Speaker 2: All right? One more time? Okay, believe terrible much to let you down there? Oh no, good stuff, Michelle, Glenn bring it? Listen, Glen bringing up? Is it? But it's Glenn.
Speaker 3: Bracket's fifty five. I want you to have these tickets, old timer? All right, good luck?
Speaker 4: Give it everything, Glenn.
Speaker 11: Come on, Glenn, Hello, we silence wile else and I'll wel in.
Speaker 2: This is it what we're looking for? The god standing there.
Speaker 3: Glenn knocks it out of the park, He shoots, he scores. They're yours, Glenn, enjoy, thanks very much. Bro Okay, that was Glenn. Their brackets fifty five? Good in today's double pass. We've got another one tomorrow morning. Don't forget if you do want to go and you can't win tickets this week with US Sunday tickets are available through Ticketmaster.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: All right, time for this mornings rand New at work time wasted fee you great news friends. Today is National Furniture Appreciation Day. Appreciate furniture. The bed you slept on last night, on where tonight, the chair you're sat on right now, this radio is placed upon as well.
Speaker 4: I try to appreciate furniture every day after the.
Speaker 2: Year, especially the bed.
Speaker 3: All right, So we're looking for furniture celebrities.
Speaker 4: Are you going to say to me? What are you going to say to everyone? What you said to me earlier?
Speaker 3: I'm ending with one that I actually think is I won't do another better at work time wasted this year, and I may might drop it and not get punt up anymore like an I'm gonna do at the beginning of this because what I'm going to hit you with is my finest work. I can't give you any more Melbourne. So a couple of geit us going though Dame Judy bench that's great, Sonny and chair.
Speaker 4: These are good.
Speaker 19: You're on a gold run mc hammock gold run. And then here's the big one. Here's the big one. Oh no, I've got another as well through Tony Abbott took it down because then I'm going to take you back up with this one.
Speaker 2: Christopher Walking wardrobe.
Speaker 7: It's good.
Speaker 3: No, no, thank you, Christopher Walking wardrobe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that. That's really good. Furniture, it's furniture ish. I'm gonna allow because I've got a roomish one.
Speaker 3: Okay, what have you got them? Furniture celebrities? What have you got si with.
Speaker 4: My roomish one? Kitchen O'Connell. Any Murphy bed?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 4: Murphy bed?
Speaker 2: What's a Murphy bed?
Speaker 4: It's that bed that you pulled down from like it hangs in the warning you pull it down.
Speaker 2: I didn't know it was. What are you called a Murphy bedny?
Speaker 4: Any share hands for Murphy bed?
Speaker 2: Produce a bects you heard of that referred to as a Murphy bed?
Speaker 5: Sadly never heard.
Speaker 4: She didn't have any furniture in her.
Speaker 2: It's called a I've had called a wall bed.
Speaker 3: Very sad story last year about one, though someone actually dying in one They got trapped in one.
Speaker 4: I'm not flung back up like cuttoon with that's terrible, cracky.
Speaker 2: What have you got?
Speaker 20: Furniture celebrities Calvin Recliner, he's back on form, folks, and Gary ca Gary Cabinet Junior.
Speaker 4: I should have finished.
Speaker 3: Okay, look well, I'm hoping that you get someone as good as Christopher Walking Wardrobe. If we get a really great one this morning, we do actually have an awesome present for dad this weekend for Father's Day. This Father's Day, why not treat your dad to a Navman look out for one at Navman dot com dot au. But a Navman dash cam. You can have one of those for your dad this weekend. For the best at work time waster. We're looking for furniture celebrities textuals right now for this morning's at work time waster oh four seven five three one oh four three furniture celebrities on National Furniture Appreciation Day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three, You two the sweetest thing on God one o four point three. It's Christian and Connor Breakfast Show. Whilst you will listen to those songs, perhaps with give me a tutur about how to cleanse my crystal for the first time Friday. And there's that I think has genuinely brought some bad energy into my house.
Speaker 2: I didn't know you had to clean these things.
Speaker 5: You do, that's what happens.
Speaker 6: So you need to cleanse them and everything will go fine and smooth.
Speaker 4: And then what else did you tell me? He's gonna put them in the moonlight in.
Speaker 5: The moonlight, yes, overnight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the indoors are outdoors. Because of outdoors, we've got possums everywhere. They they make a strange noise. By the way I found out Las snight they.
Speaker 4: Can make a horrible noise, like.
Speaker 5: Like yeah, Sarah snoring.
Speaker 3: All right then, So on National Furniture Appreciation Day, we celebrate this by asking you to give us your furniture celebrities. L Stall j that's good gold already, Julian Moravin, well done.
Speaker 2: Someone's come up with a tiger's theme here, Dustpin Martin.
Speaker 4: That's good as well.
Speaker 2: Seven plus and trench couching.
Speaker 4: That's good. It can go to a gold for the.
Speaker 2: Double Anta middler bed middler.
Speaker 4: That's good as gold.
Speaker 2: Oh, Sofa La Wren, that's good gold.
Speaker 3: World on Dave Jerry Springer mattress, the classic spring mattress. Not done much with it, Betty Maguire, he goes upstairs to his beddy.
Speaker 4: That's our best so far.
Speaker 3: Gold, the Neveman winner, Courtney loves Seat.
Speaker 2: That's very good. You know the older love.
Speaker 3: Uh you get about the garden, little kissing bench, okay, silver, or if you're on the right website, something else, armchairs, swatching a.
Speaker 4: Girl, Nah, not close enough.
Speaker 2: Bronze, Robert Bedford.
Speaker 4: Good, but we've had a lot of bed ones. Bronze.
Speaker 2: They don't know that, you know, they don't see what I see. Olivia Foot and John.
Speaker 3: That's a gold Classics, well done, Amy White rack, that's inappropriate.
Speaker 4: Won't mark out of respect?
Speaker 3: No, well, don't produce spects for putting that one into down.
Speaker 2: Daniel Dave bed Lewis.
Speaker 4: That's a bad silver plas Shane and.
Speaker 3: It is not a stinker. And it's not sure whether I'll get told off. I think it's all right.
Speaker 2: I don't I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: Didn't I come around?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure. I don't think it's the best taste.
Speaker 4: Let's let's not do it.
Speaker 2: No, I think you're right, let's not do that? Okay?
Speaker 3: All right then, so who are we giving the Navman dash camp for the ideal Father's Day gift?
Speaker 4: Betty maguire, all right, we're doing that one.
Speaker 3: You've won Today's Navman. If you want to find out well, get one for Father's Day this weekend. Head to Navman dot com.
Speaker 2: So are you well?
Speaker 1: Don't quest O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: This Wednesday's Midweek mixtape. The themeous songs that spell out the title in the song, like r in the USA, John Cougar Medencamp.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about.
Speaker 3: Doing a Father's Day hour of songs that mentioned dad, Papa, father, but there's no point.
Speaker 2: There's not enough kats in the cradle. But that doesn't mentioned dad.
Speaker 3: It's about a father, all is Can you think of any papa as a ronning Stone? Dance with my Father by Luther Van Joss. You ever heard that no Break your Heart?
Speaker 4: What's it called again? I was trying to think of my own daddy ones.
Speaker 3: Dance with my father. All he wants to do is just have one more dances a man, but he can't.
Speaker 2: He's dead. It's really sad. It's heartbreaking. Fine time today to listen to Dance with my Father. It's a really good song. I can't think of any more than that.
Speaker 3: His mama said, you knock you OUTA there's not the old man said, knock you out.
Speaker 4: Father Christmas, father of the Bride, Father of the Bride by movie. Yeah, I know, but is there a song? I can't just say, is there a song for that movie?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Daddy cool, bonym there's daddy call.
Speaker 3: There's only about three or there's not enough for an hour of music?
Speaker 4: Oh, here we go. I'm getting past the note.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's getting passed it by before I even finished mine, right, Okay, I don't think there's enough for an hour, which is why we're doing songs that spell out the title in the song.
Speaker 2: You've got some for us? Head online to Facebook O C one O four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Well that's it for us. The title today's show is the moment had passed. I'm I don't know what you've got going on today, but I'm going to go wash my crystals and I'm actually no, no, I please believe me. I really am going to go home today and wash my crystals because Patstormy, that's what I need to do to get the bad energy off.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's right. I've got to go wash my crystals.
Speaker 4: And what did she say about clapping in the corner of the.
Speaker 3: Room, which is said exactly that perhaps told me that I need to go around my house. The kids are going to ring like just some sort of chance of services are go. He's finely cracked it. They're also the kids now. I told them yesterday. They were like, why have you got going on this? Switch said, look, the Lartis radio listening figures came on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: If I start today start camera, that city's lost it.
Speaker 3: Sure it's he's doing some sort of radio ratings starts to try and bring on good news. I hope those crystals can bring us a few ext of listeners tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: But do you think the crystal's bad news? So can you fix it before tomorrow before the rating time?
Speaker 3: I really need to because it's cursed me over the weekend. But I hadn't cleansed my crystals anyway. More crystal chatting tomorrow's show. There's one thing you wouldn't hear with Eddie Maguire, chat about his healing crystals.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three