Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast showtime.
Speaker 2: Maybe she just like overplucked or something.
Speaker 3: Well, sorry, that's my job.
Speaker 4: Come here, Chrissy, come and look at him. Come here, Sidney, Mum's lap.
Speaker 1: I'm twenty one, Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one O four.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning, it's Friday morning. Welcome to the weekend. It's the Christian O'Connell Show. Good morning, Jack Posts, howti guys, Patrina Winner Jones?
Speaker 5: Morning?
Speaker 4: Is everyone looking forward to the weekend ahead? You've got good plans, Patsy? What are you up to?
Speaker 6: We're catching up with friends on Sunday. Actually, you know, it's a bit like the Premiership Cup tour now that I'm an ACRO winner and friends of ours want to catch up on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Do they want to or you insisting that they have to see the award?
Speaker 3: Is there any truth to this room? Other members of the team told me that you walk into your local dry cleaner and they gave you a standing ovation.
Speaker 4: Oh that is so.
Speaker 7: Nice, very unexpected, remember that, but not really.
Speaker 4: You had the water in your hand about you called the head my dry cleaning or Red Carpet's not on the front.
Speaker 6: No, remember, very fussy customer. Remember when I took Audrey school uniform and they put on the thing.
Speaker 7: Very fussy customers. Yeah, those people they were not.
Speaker 4: Those people are like guinea people we heard about yesterday, one by one.
Speaker 3: So you go back there. I thought you blacklisted them.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 6: Master dry cleaners straight. They all about dry cleaning and they do a brianch job.
Speaker 4: How often are you in there dry clean don't you use once or twice a year?
Speaker 7: Oh god?
Speaker 6: No no, Well there's suits for Chris and mainly suits for Chris for work.
Speaker 7: But I do his own shirt like his own shirts suits.
Speaker 4: Sarah's never wash a suit. No no, I didn't say you could. I don't know what glaring at me like that actually can turn on a sixpence You get that glare. Wow, we it's terrifying. Jackie boy, what are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 3: I've got the first dinner tonight where we're going with We're going to take Gordy with friends without kids.
Speaker 4: Oh please don't do that.
Speaker 3: So we booked into a pizza place at five point thirty pm earlier. They are struggling to comprehend going to dinner that early, but that's that's.
Speaker 4: What time you eat. Well, how do you think it's going to go?
Speaker 3: I think for us following for them, they're going to you know, have felt like they just ate lunch. But he eats at five point thirty. And now we all eat at five thirty.
Speaker 4: So Gordy is what now seventeen eighteen just gone nineteen?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 4: So is this his first kind of Friday night out in a public place at a restaurant.
Speaker 3: No, He's found a few restaurant visits. The worst one is the Greek restaurant near us, which we love the food, but they've got carpeted floors and carpeted floors of the kid is a nightmare because he throws up on us, up on the ground.
Speaker 4: Over the next couple of years, you're constantly right, Biankle will leave before you. I was always the one on my hands and knees and the start star always so understand they go, don't worry about that. But it was just like pee bits of passages thrown on the floor. I used to feel so guilty.
Speaker 3: You can't leave with no way because a lot of people wouldn't you know, yeah, what are you doing this weekend? Christians?
Speaker 4: I'll tell you why watch this week again? Jackie boy. I am solely in charge at home. My wife's gone away for a couple of days with their girlie mates. It's there the book club. I don't know why you need to go for four days.
Speaker 3: You can read a book anyway that I just had a.
Speaker 4: Look on Google maps. Where staying there? Staying opposite of winery that's our bookshop? Is it or a book warehouse or something? Staying opposite my wife's book club just mainly seems involved them and getting drunk on rose. I don't think they've ever even talked about books. So four days, so I'm I'm in charge of the house. So it's me and my seventeen year old daughter lower. She's asked me to go out tonight because she's got eight mates coming around.
Speaker 3: Oh so you have to clear your own house.
Speaker 4: Get out the house. But what do you think is happening back there with eight seventeen year olds, Shenanigan's is what's going to be going on? I'm not going to be a relaxed at dinner tonight. Coming up next time, we'll get into this week's double thumbs.
Speaker 1: Up the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Let's two double thumbs up when we talk about the things we're into this week. Patsy, what's it for you? Yeah?
Speaker 6: When I was in Sydney last week, I did happen to chance by going to see The Beauty and the Beast.
Speaker 4: Is it good?
Speaker 7: Well? I loved it.
Speaker 6: It is true to the tale, true to the classic Disney tale. And it's coming to Melbourne next June.
Speaker 7: And tickets. Why I'm mentioning it.
Speaker 6: So far out is tickets have just got on sale this week, So jump onto Beauty and the Beast yourself.
Speaker 4: You love your musicals. What's your favorite?
Speaker 7: One favorite music?
Speaker 9: All?
Speaker 7: Oh wow, that's really hard, but probably Phantom.
Speaker 4: Never seen it?
Speaker 7: Seen it five times, run for a year.
Speaker 4: I think it's still running in the UK, huge one.
Speaker 7: It's somewhere around the world.
Speaker 4: Why is it so good time?
Speaker 7: I think it's the music.
Speaker 6: I love the depth of the story, but I do love the music, and I think it's a tragic love story.
Speaker 7: I just I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: You said that in such a theatrical way.
Speaker 2: Now I do love what else you into already?
Speaker 7: I moved right along.
Speaker 4: I was going to say we're going to get another theatrical I actually regret asking. It's my fault.
Speaker 6: Have you ever because your dog owners? Have you ever actually changed your weekend plans to suit the dog because you don't want to leave.
Speaker 4: Them at high yes for too long?
Speaker 6: Yet that happened to us the other week Can we had grand plans to go into Coburg to this amazing craft market, artisan market.
Speaker 4: What grand plans they were?
Speaker 3: That's that's not exactly a weekend away?
Speaker 4: Wow, grand plan.
Speaker 7: Bag my sunday.
Speaker 4: I love a market on the Coburg and really live it up. Oh my god, Chantalise Chris And this is.
Speaker 3: From a former coberg Rest, but I wouldn't exactly put it on get Away you too.
Speaker 4: For Postcards episode about.
Speaker 6: To say it's something postcards would go to, but we just couldn't do it. I was looking forward to it, and he looks at He looks at you, The dog looks at you with those anticipated eyes.
Speaker 3: Can I come to COVID too?
Speaker 4: Did you say craft fair? Well? There be homemade candles and crap like that.
Speaker 6: So we changed our plans and we stumbled across a brilliant just out my way in were'll be a brilliant nursery that has a fantastic cafe down the back of it. And it's called I did write it the family Face.
Speaker 7: I think it's cooled.
Speaker 4: So you're looking at itself. Look at email. I haven't been before, you haven't been there before.
Speaker 6: Your family face is the garden face and you have been there before. They've got a linkle license, which I like to And also they have a doggy menu. You can get doggy Chino's and doggie Porri did all right, we've lost her.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll come back. And Jack and I had our adult chap.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christ'll show it's Friday. You might have got that vibe already, Jackie boy, what are you enter at the moment? Actually, I can guess what you're written to at the moment port Jack he has I know he's obviously raising is a twenty month old boy. But the real thing you've got going off watching I mean it's like the Martin School Safcy of TV shows, the block.
Speaker 3: When you commit to the bluff, where is nothing else longgoing?
Speaker 7: I haven't seen a single episode this season.
Speaker 3: It's twelve weeks long, so three months of your life.
Speaker 4: I want is it four episodes a week?
Speaker 3: Four episodes a week? Sometimes five?
Speaker 4: And do you enjoying it? But we'd love it.
Speaker 3: We love it, but it just means you can watch nothing else. We're up to week ten, so two more weeks ago and then winn end. Yeah, I mean, I'm so excited. I know your wife gosh yees get this. Sarah's organized somehow to go and visit the houses, which is when you watch.
Speaker 4: The invites for you and you as well, person if you want to.
Speaker 3: Come along the same night as the high school musical.
Speaker 4: So do not text Jack or be anchored because that guy to come and drop the show in a heartbeat, and I mean radio show as well.
Speaker 6: Now, surely you're destined. I know you and be Anchor have tried out for it, haven't you.
Speaker 3: We haven't tried out for it, but we want to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we should do it.
Speaker 7: It's in a video in.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, I've never seen a video.
Speaker 4: Would you do it? I would love to do it, but doesn't sound like a lot of work.
Speaker 3: You've got friends in it. It's like a big once in a lifetime opportunity.
Speaker 4: Well, that and going to Coburg for the weekends. All right, things I've enjoyed this week. It'start, a new TV show about the It's the early days of John Wick, the Young. It's not called the young John Wick. It's him at nursery school when he has his first roundhouse. Uh, it's got the Continental.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not really John Wick before he was John Wick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, what do you mean? It's greatest premise. That's all I need.
Speaker 7: What's it on?
Speaker 4: Before? He was a hit man? You watch how he is a hit manythings what happened him? Thank you? And it's my You love musicals. I would watch John with the musical or someone else. No, no, no, no, it's someone like Benjamin or Benjamin Button. I don't know Benjamins is happening to today's show. We're only the first half an hour in What's it on?
Speaker 7: Is it on Netflix?
Speaker 4: No, it's only other thing as well.
Speaker 3: Your idea of making an actor look youngerman is just shrieking down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a cartoon in Little Titchy Mouse. I really enjoyed last weekend was The Equalizer three. I love the Equalizer movie series. Denzel Washington's also them if you've never seen them listen to this as a pitch. I mean replace the words the main style. It is called Robert McCall, but put my name in Christian O'Connor. This is like my life Starley. Since giving up his life as a government assassin, Christian O'Connor finds solace in serving justice on behalf of the oppressed that's now living in southern Italy. He soon discovers his new friends are under the control of local crime bosses. Don't you hate it when he moved into a suburb low and behold the neighbors are under the control of the local and he's trying to retire because he's a former hit man. I just realized there two things, got two things I've watched this week about hit man not going into my life at the moment.
Speaker 1: Guys, the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Yesterday we had so many all the stories, Well what have you been hitting the face by? You were rolling it over a part too this morning, what's hit you in the face? Nine four, one four, one oh four to three. Here are some of our favorites from yesterday.
Speaker 10: Biling hot chestnuts, put them in the oven for a time, got them out, and that's when they just exploded straight in my face.
Speaker 11: In my eyes, having a very special time with my daughter, just go over their bottle.
Speaker 12: Sort of thrying her up and down.
Speaker 11: The old pasteurized milk just went straight.
Speaker 12: In the gold.
Speaker 10: I was doing a Titanic moment on the front of the catamaran. We hit a school of fish, flying fish, and I got hit in the face with a black eye.
Speaker 4: Samantha Christian, my friend's cat was giving birth. I was so fascinated though, went in for a closer look. Let's just say I won't do that again. I'm so glad that actually that ended it there. Sometimes it's better when we just read some of their comments out, because if that was on air, we get some four K story about that. Visceral colors, the smell, the sensation, the noise. The mind imagines horrible things. Sometimes I can already imagine what that must have been like. All right, So what's hit you in the face? Nine four one four one o four three. Good morning, Jared Christian, how are you? I'm good mate, Happy Friday. So I hit you in the face.
Speaker 1: I got skewed on them.
Speaker 4: I was cruising out on the Great Barrier reef stalking standing by the standing on the barrier and.
Speaker 11: Passenger offers at me skeewed win the winner one by, and it blew strape back into.
Speaker 4: My Oh my god, second hand spew the worst kind of somebody else as well.
Speaker 3: That is so that is rough quite the trick shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nice, Sorry buddy, carry on. I saw it go one mine and saw it coming back straight into my butt. Oh god again. See this is why Samantha didn't need to be on air, the change in direction. Joe, Thank you very much, you Colmo, have a nice weekend. Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 4: Podcast, we're asking you what hit you in the face? So nine four one four one o four three Now I hope I get your name right. Christine, Christine, Christine, gotcha? Now what hit you in the face?
Speaker 10: Well, it didn't hit me in the face. It's hit my niece and my husband in the face.
Speaker 4: Gotcha.
Speaker 10: When my dad died we had him cremated. We took him out onto the boat to scatter him where he loved to fish, and my sister leant over the side of the boat with the ashes, didn't lean down far enough, didn't think of the wind. The wind picked them up blew them straight into the boat next to us, where her daughter and my husband were. My niece with her eyes closed, her mouth all scrunched up, and my husband telling me later that day, I think I ingested part of your father with me forever.
Speaker 4: Yes, excuse me, Christine that there's quite some story.
Speaker 10: You've got to laugh about it.
Speaker 4: Yes, you have. You've got to laugh about it. Tea. All right, Christine, have a nice weekend. Thanks for calling.
Speaker 10: Thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: I remember a couple of years ago we did like a whole week of stories about what happened when you were sprinkling ashes. Richard, good morning, Yes, hello, yeah, soo Richard, welcome to the show. So Richard will hit you in the face.
Speaker 12: I got hit betwent the eyes of the golf ball. Eleven stitches.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. So what happened? Were you playing with someone? And was a stray ball? What happened?
Speaker 12: The boy's weekend away? And I hit mine into the left hand side of the trees, and I hit it ahead of the trees on the other side. And as I ran across the work to see, I wonder if they hit the ball and turned out a looking and guffy.
Speaker 4: Right betray right, that's agony. Eleven stitches.
Speaker 12: Eleven stitches here the doctor was probably the best part about it.
Speaker 4: So and it was it one of your boys from the boys Weekend that did it to you. Yep, it's going to make that weekend a little bit all good in the evening, isn't it.
Speaker 13: Yah.
Speaker 12: Sitting in the doctor's in the little hospital waiting to the doctor to the country hospital, and he walked through the door and he says, who's to sturve me from my farm? Duty's you come with me? And he takes me down and you're shit, And I said down and he says I'll be back. He comes back and I'm lying down. I'm jetting away and he boats is down and go a bit of tape and taste out chat because it's a bit of peach and quiet. It'd be nice while I do this. And he feels it up and he says, now you're going to be quiet, did you? And I said, oh, I haven't got a headache yet. I thought i'd have a headache by now. And he said, well there's a technical pair for that. No brain, no.
Speaker 4: Pain, gotcha, Richard, Thank you very much, Lordie. Christina join a Mexican Wave at the MCG A piece of fried chicken landed on my face as I was gradually tilting my head back. Lisa, my brother in law, was driving his speed boat and Lake Elden had a fish jump. Tell the water slapped him in the face. What hit you in the face?
Speaker 1: Well, Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: So the last couple of days, Jackie, Well, you've been twingy, You've been rubbing you in between your What actually have you done?
Speaker 3: I'm wincing through pain in my ribs and I don't know where it's even come from because I don't remember injuring myself. I thought it might be so bad that it was broken. But I went to the physio yesterday and he said it's the muscle that sits in between the intercostal. It's the intercostal and he said that will last two to three weeks. And I asked him, but what did I do? Because I don't remember injuring myself. He goes, it was most likely a heavy sneeze or cough. I was like, thirty five.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is I think mid thirties is when you enter middle aged Jackie boy, and this is it now?
Speaker 3: I can't start breaking down from a sneeze, you.
Speaker 4: Can, Jack. This is what middle age is, where just anything can injure you.
Speaker 3: So now I'm out for two to three weeks from a sneeze, from a sneeze, and it's it's agony tely my back to lie my front. So during the night keeps waking me up. I can't do anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you take a shot. Intake of breath. It just hurts.
Speaker 3: Shut take a breath.
Speaker 4: I did that warming up before using the gym, just warming up, was doing some twists, right, just just warming up, warming my body. Help was too much.
Speaker 3: This is meant to be the preventative part, so I don't get into and injured myself doing it.
Speaker 4: But if you ever got a lame injury, yeah I have.
Speaker 6: I remember I was getting into the car once. I was wearing thongs and somehow I managed to hit my right big toe on the bottom of the door and rip my complete toenail.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, rip the whole thing off.
Speaker 7: And it was a bit of a mess.
Speaker 2: I don't know how why, but it really hurts.
Speaker 4: You don't know why, you told me some strange things are like, ellude, you like the mystery someone stump there to on a bed. You weren't witchcraft an object? You bang your to them?
Speaker 7: Why I you did?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but it was the journalist.
Speaker 4: I will solve this and that JFK case.
Speaker 3: Do you keep? Are you meant to keep? The tonail? Put on ice? And they can reattach it?
Speaker 4: Can you take it to emerge and get them to graft it back on and micro surgery?
Speaker 2: Now it didn't take long to grow back, actually, but it really hurt and bled.
Speaker 4: Like I don't need any more detail, Perry, how did you injure yourself a lame injury?
Speaker 3: I was eating a donut, eating a donut, and I used to have longish sort of hair, and before I bit into it, I would to sort of flick my hair off my face.
Speaker 4: Wait, what was this an MTD music video? Right? Lead sing of extreme romantic moment between me and the donut and.
Speaker 3: Flick the hair off my face and I creacked my neck?
Speaker 4: All right? What are your stories about lame injury? That's all I did. So it's something small and innocent like eating a donut and flicking your luxurious locks, and you injured yourself nine four one four one oh four.
Speaker 1: Three The Christian O'Connell show podcast talk about lame injuries.
Speaker 4: That's all I did. Something small, something innocuous, something you do every day. You've done it thousands of times until one day, maybe a middle aged or whatever, and suddenly that's a very bad thing for your body and it's too much. Who we got here, Marie? Good morning? Hello, Hello Marie. So that's all you did? What did you do?
Speaker 14: I tripped over a doorstop and dislocated money.
Speaker 4: Yeah. See, it's just too easy sometimes, isn't. Our bodies are really robust, and then suddenly the incredibly franchile yep, yep, how do you know you could dissocate any What does someone have to go and put it back together?
Speaker 14: I was one of those, so I did when I was seventeen. I was one of those kids who had a strong muscle on one side of my leg and awake one on the other.
Speaker 4: And yeah, he said, one of those kids like, oh yeah, I remember that kid from asking yea, I remember half the school playground being the people who were lopsided. One of those kids, that's Monday's trying. We one of those kids on the right.
Speaker 14: Well, I had done with a couple of times previously, walking around a table in the school library playing sports.
Speaker 4: So ye, one of those kids, all right, Marie, thank you very much. She could might have a nice weekend. Thank you too, Amanda. Amanda, Hello, mate, what's your lame injury?
Speaker 15: I got out of bed one morning and just stretched my arms over my head and pulled all the muscles from my shoulder to the small of my back off my fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not laughing at you. I'm just I know I've done this before. I started some tie see classes early on the year, and this car was like, do some gentle stretch, And on it first day I did one of these I don't know what it's called, waving at the mountain. Oh my good god. Is this something you can do before this tight? She was so extreme.
Speaker 15: Exactly. I know exactly what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Anything where you lift the arms up too quickly, there's too much in the morning when you were certain.
Speaker 3: How long are you out for, Amanda?
Speaker 15: Five weeks?
Speaker 4: Amanda, Thank you very much. Your story mate, really made us laugh.
Speaker 15: Have a nice weekend, you too, And congratulation Patty on your win.
Speaker 7: Oh, thank you, Darling.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, Amanda, and you mate. Lilian, good morning. Hello, Hello, Lilian.
Speaker 3: It's me go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 8: So I used to play indoor cricket and one day I was running down the pitch and I went to ground my bat and as I grounded my bat, there was a chair in the carpet and I actually impaled my right leg on the on the bat. So the bat went into my leg about three inches.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So I ended up with about I don't know, sixteen odd stitches, and I've got like a Nike tick on my leg which looks like it looks like a Nike tick, but from the scart I would not in.
Speaker 4: Any way, just got it. There's a lame injury. Stretching and then sudden in it and hailed on a bat is a very extreme injury. That's that's fun.
Speaker 8: But it was just a stupid way to do it, you know.
Speaker 12: What I mean.
Speaker 3: But the top of a creek about is so blunt, Yes.
Speaker 8: Yeah it is, and it went straight in. That's funny because I've got a kick in my leg with the scaries where the cricket bet actually waiting in for about two years, I just had little spointers of wood.
Speaker 1: Coming out of.
Speaker 4: Really, that is quite a story, all right. Thank you very much for sharing.
Speaker 12: Thanks.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Took about lame injuries this morning nine four one four three. Give us a call, Christian. A couple of years ago, I was getting dressed after the shower, got my underwear on, no problem, bent slightly to put my pants on, slipped three discs in my back. It took me months to recover. I was thirty nine. The danger zone is the moment you slip into thirty five. You're slipping discs putting your pants on, Christian. I've had so many lame injuries. One was my cat jumped on me when I was sleeping and split my eyelid. This one from Kathy, I love Christian. I was in a karate tournament. Karate tournament. I went to step off the line to begin, but my little toe stuck to the map. It dissiccated and I was immediately taken to hospital. I didn't get to throw ide punch or kick. Why did he go? Oh the humiliation? Good morning, Christian. Sorry I can't ring. I'm about to drive a train. Hell of a flex there, David. I was running out the star of a footy game back in ninety seven. We were pumped up close together, shouting and slapping each other on the back. Unbeknown to me, there was a little pole in between the gates space for a sort of runout through the fence to stop bikes from going onto this oval we're playing on. I ran at pace into the little pole. I wasn't looking where I was going, smashed me into a groin. Had to go to hospital. Never end up playing in our finals. Not myself out in the balls, Thank you, David. Let's get a Tracy now, lame injury trace.
Speaker 13: I was chilling out in the couch and I snapped my right ankle.
Speaker 4: How when he stood up or I stood.
Speaker 13: Up my leg. I was just having a lovely cup of coffee chilling out, went to stand up. It was the day I turned fifty and banged so happy fifty it I laved my cup of coffee. Though he did not hit the ground, it was still full.
Speaker 4: That was the main thing coffee matches to Melbourne is the ankle can snap, but that coffee will not spell that.
Speaker 13: She asked me. Yeah, at the hospital, and that's exactly The coffee was still in the cup.
Speaker 4: Awesome, what a lovely way to usher in your fifties.
Speaker 13: Well, it was meant to be all uphill apparently, and it's all been downhill all.
Speaker 4: Right, Tracy, have a lovely weekend. Thanks you cool. Craig, good morning.
Speaker 5: Here's good morning to him.
Speaker 12: How are you all?
Speaker 4: I'm good, Craig. Lame injury.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look, I took the wife out for a romantic meal, and of course one thing led to another. One got home and I managed to tear a m c l in in the middle of a missionary position.
Speaker 4: I overheard one of the producers and can you use the phrase horror horizontal dancing. At no point did he start flimming, flicking through the karma suture saying kick what position he worries? Iron Eagle the Chinese Wilburrow.
Speaker 5: I've got the nickname. Now with a wife a missionary man.
Speaker 4: We're going to lave you up now on Craig aka the missionary man. So is that surgery m c l I had an arthroscope and yeah, they tided the tides, the tear up.
Speaker 12: It was about yeah, two three weeks.
Speaker 4: I was off with it. Where do you start? Missionary? And thank you very much you cal Let's go to Tim. Good morning, Tim, Good morning, guys. Tim, was your lame injury. Mate.
Speaker 16: So this is another knee one. I was sitting on the couch on requiring a couch, and I had my knees at my legs out sorry, playing PlayStation. I just went to adjust my knees and my knees just started hurting. And tried to adjust it again. I still couldn't, and so I paused the game and stood up, and yeah, my knee was in all sorts and eventually went to the doctors and found out that I took some cartilage off my kneeca.
Speaker 4: Oh god, just sat down.
Speaker 16: Yeah, just from sitting down on.
Speaker 4: The sitting down playing PlayStation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, how how long were you there, like one of those four playing Call of Dudy.
Speaker 16: Ah, yeah, pretty much. And yeah, just just adjusting my knees just subconsciously, and.
Speaker 4: You can adjust your niece just mine. I love the noise. You said to myself.
Speaker 3: Maybe subconsciously the problem. Maybe you have to think hard about how to properly move the knee.
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably should have absolutely, Yes, all right, Tim.
Speaker 16: Eventually got surgery for that and yeah, for about two months.
Speaker 4: Wow, all right, Tim, thank you very much for story man.
Speaker 16: Thank you guys.
Speaker 4: Christian Connell's show podcast, Christian, I also have desiccated my finger flushing a toilet. Who knew these things are so dangerous? We need warnings. I was at my daughter's dance concert, made a splint from a twig, shat through another very painful our. What the dance recites on all the dessicated finger. That's from Alan. We're moving on from lame injuries, but we will come back to this Monday because there's loads more coming in. Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Right now, we need songs, Christian.
Speaker 3: We've got no songs for the whole hour Nick nick nag nag nag naked our Naked Hour.
Speaker 4: Oh, nick nake nigg.
Speaker 3: Naked our Naked.
Speaker 4: Hour, every Friday, Last Hour show. We put you in control of the music. We give you the theme. You picked the songs this morning, A whole hour of power from eight this morning. Songs with directions in the title, I E up, down, left right, take take yeah, like take the first left, Hey, Hey, hey, hey, how there you? I'm just hopping up that this is it? And go yep, what about if you've gone too far, too far back? It's like a radio for children back up, down, left, right, Take all right, Patsy, what have you got there? He's got to have a direction in the.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is a bit of an aussy anthem. Men at work down under?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, how did you come up with this one? He must have had a really big brainstorming session. Why you've got that award down under? I've never heard this way? I did yesterday on the show.
Speaker 2: It's really funny.
Speaker 6: When we went to America several years ago, every time we got in a lift, which you know, like an uber car, there was a minute work song playing on the radio. It was just bizarre, Like of all places in la it was just everywhere it seemed to be in our trip.
Speaker 3: It was weird, like, oh, you can turn it on any time of day and you'll hear this.
Speaker 4: We got streaming us.
Speaker 7: We got off the plane at the airport and they're playing.
Speaker 6: It's like, oh, is this a message that we should get back on the plane and go back home?
Speaker 4: All right? So it's got to have a direction in the title. Jackie boy, what have you got?
Speaker 3: I've gone Savage Garden to the moon and back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gotcha. Yeah, We're all gonna have to emphasize it's like underlining it on that loud, isn't it. I'm going back to the nineties and Chumberwamba, I get knocked down. It's got down, he's got It's full of directions, all right, lines are open now. Then the theme is it's got to have a direction. In the song title.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: You're picking all the music, last Hour, the Shana Friday, we give you the theme. We call them Naked Hour. Today's theme then is the whole hour of songs must have a direction. In the title Rosemary in West Heidelberg, I have your text messages. You've sent the same one seven times. He's up on that data plan. You want me the speech of friends over the week In Rosemary it walked the Dinosaur, which is a banger of an eighty song, but I was not was.
Speaker 3: Only problem with it. Walk the Dinosaur is not really a direction.
Speaker 4: What is certainly on foot? Do you walk? Keep walking? Yeah? Often yes, I had to tell someone just keep walking.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's a banger. We have played in like a million years.
Speaker 4: Head of music, so we should play it when that award should become all properate thanking the big bosses in the speech ready says a good word about them normally, Oh no, I walk the All right, let's go to lines now. John, Good morning, John, Good morning everyone.
Speaker 12: How are you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you've got a big weekend. You're off to McCartney tomorrow night.
Speaker 12: I am in.
Speaker 4: I'm in a section. I think Z Z ticket but it's a section, so all right, Well, hope you enjoyed it. Have you seen him live before? No? Never, It's be incredible, didn't it? So I think about three hours tomorrow? All right, so what song can we play? Then?
Speaker 12: Well, there's a couple with directions, but get back because it's the God.
Speaker 4: Backed that's right, it's doing Sapoulo lot. It's going to open with that song. All right. John enjoyed tomorrow night.
Speaker 12: Thank you, guys.
Speaker 4: Over the one. Martin, good morning, Martin. What's a yes, A great song with a direction in the title.
Speaker 12: Morning guys, I'm five hundred miles proclaimers.
Speaker 4: Again, it's a lot of walking walk in the dinosaur. All right, thank you very much. Martin Carrie, good morning, good morning. How are you. We're good? Carry how you had a good week? What's your song you'd love us to play?
Speaker 10: Wake me up?
Speaker 14: Before you go?
Speaker 13: Go by whams.
Speaker 4: Direction in there go go wake me up or end up before you go?
Speaker 16: Go?
Speaker 4: Gotcha wake mead. That's a good one. Carry Thank you very much, Danielle. Yes, you've got a big song for us, A big song for us. What have you got? Let's you start a lot Staa Purastasia left outside. This is a hell of a banger. Well, not many songs. A lot of songs will write to the tides. There are not many with lem great song. Well, Danielle, thank you very much. Let's go. Great name, Claude, good morning morning are you? Oh very good Claude. Great name? Uh a commander mystery name includo name this one.
Speaker 5: Course not too many of us around.
Speaker 4: No, no, I like it up, claud What can we play?
Speaker 12: It's got to.
Speaker 4: Be the only ways up by Yes? Oh yes, frid This is like a wedding classic bad Friday vibes. All right, Clark, thank you very much. We are a suggest we stick it.
Speaker 1: In the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: It's time now for us to celebrate the stupid and dumb things we do during the week and Genius of the Week Genius Smart Einstein, Genius of the Week last week we had some great contenders Genius of the week.
Speaker 5: I have put my phone and my TV remote in the washing machine all the bunnings looking at a hose and turn the packy driver and there was a picture on it which I wanted to see a bit better, and I.
Speaker 10: Tried to pinch it.
Speaker 1: While dropping off my son at Jak, I managed to hook myself on the door handle through my belt and the new director had to voist me off.
Speaker 10: I was hanging on the draw.
Speaker 4: Him to tell us what have you done this week? Own it? Nine four one four one oh four three. Like Maria Christian, I was talking to a friend on my phone this week. Had to read something out to her, and then I went looking for my phone. After a couple of minutes, I told her I couldn't find my phone. Then I realized I had it to my ear and I was using it to talk to her. I'll tell you what my own nomination is this week. My wife's gone away for a few days with about eight of her friends right the book club. They went down yesterday, So wow, yesterday morning at four thirty, I'm in my kitchen and wait for my cup of tea to steep to broom I see that. My wife lives by lists. There's lists everywhere, right, very organized. She's got a lot going on, like all mums has. She had a list of things she needed to get for all the girls. They've got basics for the weekend and then we're going out for a couple of days. But so we've got this. Let me know and I'll get them and I'll bring it down because I've got a bigger car. So she had this whole list out board him at the bottom. I thought, I'll add in a few comedy items. Am I good? A smile when she sees it later on and I put down there an aide, a tank and two parrots tony yesterday right, She called me, going, I've only just realized that was you that wrote that down there. My wife had looked at it in a panic, rushing in the car park at Woodies, and thought, did I need to get a tank of something or for my for my mum? She rang her mum, going, do you use a brain called parrot or something? She tried to work out it wasted next for half an hour. She then rang two of the friends that are going to go down and going, did you need me to someone put down a tank.
Speaker 3: Thenades are getting to the dame?
Speaker 4: Or is it an essence of something someone who's got allergies? So yeah, that's me genius. I wasted half an hour of her time? All right? So when need do your nominations for Why are you a Genius of the Week? What did you do?
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Every Friday, last hour of the show, we let you pick the Music's one with Jukebox, Caught the Naked Out? We give a theme. You picked the songs songs with a direction of the title from the eighties, was Not Was? And what the Dinosaur? We're looking for your nominations for Genius the Week where we celebrate the dumb and stupid things we will do every single week. Christian, I'm a Genius of the week. Sent my husband and daughter to a birthday party. The only problem was it was the RSVP dates. Do you think you've been super organized? Love this one from Harmony. I recently discovered the hand washing timer on my Apple smart watch. I didn't know I had one of those. IT censors you're washing your hands, then counts down immediately twenty seconds before giving you a bus to let you know that you're done properly. Several times this week, I've been washing my hands, but I'm wandering while waiting for the bus, thinking Jesus is a really long twenty seconds, only realize I'm actually wearing the watch. All right, Let's go to the lines on nine four one four one four three.
Speaker 9: Hello Melissa, Hello Christian morning, guys. I would like to say I am only genius of the week. I have work full time for a good thirteen years. I've been working full time for three weeks and I let work on Monday night and I had my keys in a packet of gypsy in my hands. Well, I got in my car, I put the keys between my legs and tried to start my car with the.
Speaker 11: Packet of ships.
Speaker 4: No, no, Melissa, that's great. Thank you very much for sharing it today. Have a nice weekend, do you too, enjoy guys? Thanks? Greg? Hello Greg?
Speaker 11: Hello, Yes I'm here.
Speaker 4: Hello Greg, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Thank you. I'm I'm a genius of the week because I went to work with two different pairs of shoes.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, that is so. Do you get dressed in the dark? How did that happen?
Speaker 11: Oh it wasn't too dark. I am moving house at the moment, and my brain feels like I sort of left my body at times. But the shoes were there, they were in front of me, and they are both different types of shoes. One's a trail run if you know you're running in. One's a regular road runner. But I didn't notice until I got down to the park in one of my trainers that are trained points out to me, Hey, Greg, why wearing different shoes.
Speaker 4: That's amazing. Quite look people think it's like some new fat you know, Greg, that's a great one. Thank you. Let's have Andrew, Andrew, what did you do this week?
Speaker 11: Good morning Jack Andrew?
Speaker 7: Hello Andrew, how are you well done?
Speaker 4: And Andrew? What do you for Genius of the week?
Speaker 12: I have to be the genius of the week.
Speaker 11: I thought it'd be faster. The boiling egg in the Marcal waves instead of on the stove, and she expired in about thirty seconds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's been ages clear and that little box up as well. Yes, definitely genius. All right, So what do you what dumb stupid thing did you do this week? Why are you Genius of the week.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian, I've got a nomination and nominate myself Genius of the week. Car park this week, broad daylight, trying to get into my car for fifteen minutes to therize. My car was three spaces away. I was trying and get into exactly the same car. Someone with this bloody key to call the sh I've done that. You have to try and style it out. Yeah, I knew that was that the quick you. I aways looking the reflection of the window to see if the is there anyone who's seen this?
Speaker 3: And then the possible.
Speaker 4: All right, we're taking your nominations for Genius of the Week.
Speaker 9: Judy Coome oning, Hello, Christian, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good Judy? So what have you done this week? Mate?
Speaker 15: Well, I'm a genius of the week. I went to a horse show two hours do I? I packed my float, got.
Speaker 14: In the car.
Speaker 15: Off I went. I opened the tower gate.
Speaker 5: No horse.
Speaker 15: I left the horse at home, so I had to backcheck two hours to go and get my horse.
Speaker 4: But you must have been so were you towing the trailer the float where you normally have the horse in here?
Speaker 15: I had to float.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd put her on and I had, didn't you feel like?
Speaker 15: One hundred later I have a nice big heavy fla.
Speaker 4: You're making great time. It must be on a key to tie at the old nag at the moment cut this weekend, it's going to win it.
Speaker 15: Yes, definitely. So every time my God was shover and goes you got your horse?
Speaker 14: Have you got your horse?
Speaker 4: So what do you have to go all the way back? Two hours against the four hours? Yes, oh my god, that's going to take some beach the classes. Wow, Don Julie's thank you very much for that. Julie on Monday Show, Let's take more calls at that. You left it behind. Hard to top an entire great big horse though they're enormous, But what did you leave behind? Email me for Monday Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Are the time wasted? Today? I had Hot Summer Tour tickets. You and five mates off to Red Hot Summer Tour next year in March is back Rochard Winery. Tickets are on sale now Ticketmaster, cheap trick, John Stephens, Cuity, Quatro and loads more out of the Yarrow Valley March next year. Getting tickets to Ticketmaster. But you can win a group pass. It is an awesome price. You won five mates on today's time, wasteter. It is Today is Australian Barbie Day. Is that sort of daily?
Speaker 2: Do you mean like barbecue or Barbie doll?
Speaker 3: Barbecue?
Speaker 4: Barbecue?
Speaker 3: I hope I've done Bobby Barby Doll.
Speaker 4: No, No, A bit bit odd if I was walking around with that in my phone. The first ever published design for a barbecue is in the Bible What Do They Cook? In Leviticus Chapter one, Moses is instructing his people how God wants a smoker to be built. Pressure. That's a lot of pressure. If you're doing a barbecue for God, you're going to get that meat right. He will smite you down, all right. So we're looking for your barbecue bands today. Who's playing at BBQ Fest?
Speaker 3: Who's on stage?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 4: Step forward, Boss snags on Gold. Pink Floyd a great band. Yeah, they're playing at barbecue Fest. That's like Pink in the middle. Floyd needs a bit more timeless chicken Gold. Thank you very important that you get your marinade right on a barbecue. Yeah, I'll tell you who's wrapping at barbecue Fest. Kendrick. The marinade one for the kids. Bronze okay, Cypress crill still up and Lincoln porked gold. And here we go, Jackie, what have you got.
Speaker 3: On stage of barbecue Fest?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The metals, the metals.
Speaker 4: Very good, supreme, that's gold.
Speaker 3: Cold Sizzles also gold. It's syen.
Speaker 4: No, that that's bronze.
Speaker 3: Barbecue's glory again all very good. Gold and Chumberwebber.
Speaker 4: Chumberwebber also very good. All gold's there? All right? So Texas, you're barbecue bands? Oh four seven five three, one oh four three, the best one, we bet, best one, We get you and five mates off to Red Hot Summer Tour Live good Luck.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show time wasats today we're looking for your barbecue bands, jack you're ready to grill.
Speaker 3: Let's give away six tickets to Red Hot Summer Tour.
Speaker 4: Limp Briskets Silver, System of the Meat, Bronze Tongue, Tonight tong Gold, well done, justin Grill, Collins Silver, Zizzy Tongs Gold, Well, Don' Jimmy and Bombeach Meat Tallica silver plus, Ketty Peppercorn Steak Silver, Grilly Oce Grilly Ocean Gold that's very good. Nathan Sloop hot Dog Gold, Leah in the hills. How are those hills this morning? Trimp Floyd, Silva Grilling, Heidi Gold, Bruce Grillstein Silver, Grilly Vanilly Gold very good, Travis Sir grills.
Speaker 3: A lot silver Bath.
Speaker 4: I like that one at Santo Cheech and Tongs Gold, Zzy Chop Gold. These are very good. Andrew for Zizi Chop dire Steaks gold, lloyn l Richie, Richie. That's high quality. Cam well done. Cam? Is that you? Cam? Donald? Is that you? He says he always enters every day. I think that's one of his culture. Rub Bronze tough Leroy is that leron and order you five minutes on each side? Bronen Spice, Rub Girls, Silva, grill I am Gold, Atticus, great name and great time waster Amy Porterous silver plus bet this one gets a gold. Friends all Rump Gold told you two pack Ribs Silva, all right, who's off to see red Hot? Someone's all they're in five mates.
Speaker 3: Let's give it to Travis for Grilly Vanilli.
Speaker 1: Christian Connells Show Podcast