Speaker 1: Laura and come on in.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, Hi girls, Hi everyone, Hi Mitch, Hi Laura, mich good mate, hey mate, howizy?
Speaker 3: Well is al right?
Speaker 4: Glad you checked in? Its good Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 6: Brittany is eating a burrito over there like it's that much food.
Speaker 1: Well, I do have to say, you left this in my fridge, Mitch, and I'm very grateful for it because it is this is your leftovers from your house sitting at my house on the weekend.
Speaker 6: Oh mate, I don't know if that's good or we made a we met a serving a tacos last week week?
Speaker 4: How many days do you think tago can live in a fridge for I feel like that's like a twenty four hour situation.
Speaker 7: Pre made taco.
Speaker 1: It was just like I I made the taco, but it was like the taco mints and I'm.
Speaker 3: With the free fried bra beans and the seasoning and onion and.
Speaker 7: Think that stuff lives on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, with a lot of bacteria. You needed to be a check in by the end of the show four pm.
Speaker 3: Poop checking. Let's see, Brittany Hockey.
Speaker 4: We do not need to check in on britzpoo by the end of the session. I don't reckon.
Speaker 7: I can date you.
Speaker 3: We will get you a mini microphone. You can take it to the ladies room and we can know.
Speaker 4: The acoustics are really good in there.
Speaker 7: I know I've heard you.
Speaker 3: How do you know?
Speaker 4: Well, you've got to prepare for this. I take this show seriously.
Speaker 3: Rehearsing for the po before.
Speaker 7: Flora doesn't nervous poop before every show.
Speaker 4: It's not nervous. I'm not nervous. I just like to be, you know, prepared. I don't want to have to mid show run to the bathroom. Anyway. Look, let's go talking about some big things on today's show. Pre show clan Lily Allen has come under fire everyone, and I have a question for you. Can you return a dog to a rescue home a pound if you've already got it, if you're not happy with it? Can you return to sender?
Speaker 3: Such a big question? Can you though?
Speaker 4: If you had a dog and you're not happy, can you send it back?
Speaker 3: I don't know, I've got thoughts on this.
Speaker 4: You can't send back a kid? Can you send back?
Speaker 3: Try?
Speaker 4: It doesn't fit back where it came from.
Speaker 6: All right, oh god, let's start the show around Australia. We're getting to that next here on the pick up everyone.
Speaker 4: I have a very controversial thing that I want to talk to you guys about. Can you return a rescue dog if you are not happy with it? So Lily Allen, she's come under fire because she missus. Lily, just in case you didn't know, the one song that she's well known for Fear.
Speaker 3: She's got one other, she's got two.
Speaker 7: One's been sad, one's being mean, which I think of both her in this situation.
Speaker 4: Well, it kind of worked out, didn't it.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: So Lily went on her podcast recently, and her podcast is called miss Me, and she talked about during COVID they got a puppy. The puppy's name was Mary, and Mary was a misbehaving puppy and so she decided to get rid of it. Have listened to this, you know what.
Speaker 8: We actually did adopt a dog together already. But then it ate my passport and so I took her back to the home passports. She ate all three of our passports and they had our visas in and so it was just an absolute logistical nightmare. And because my father of my children lives in England, I couldn't get them back to see their dad for like four months, five months, because this dog had eaten the passports and I just couldn't look at her.
Speaker 4: If not on the dog.
Speaker 1: If your dog is eating your passports, your passports are somewhere that your puppy keyword puppy can eat like that responsibility is on you to hide valuable things away from a new puppy and to train your puppies.
Speaker 6: Never, let's not sit here on our high horses. Imagine planning an international trip. You've paid for the visas, they've been approved, they've been sent to you've got them on your coffee table, and then your dog eats them. I'm not for returning the dog, but it would really set you off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it would set you off. My kids ruined things all the time. I don't try and shove them back where they came from.
Speaker 7: We did try.
Speaker 4: They didn't fit a big now really no, But I don't know. I think if you were to take a dog into your life, there's a responsibility that you treat them like they're a family member. You don't just get to them if they are a little bit problematic.
Speaker 1: There would be sometimes that a family adopts a dog and it doesn't work out for different reasons, like maybe it's aggressive with the childrenal that there are definitely reasons. So I don't want a blanket statement, but I do think that you have to put a lot of time and effort into training your dog, and a dog should be a family member.
Speaker 6: Laura, you've got a rescue dog, but did yours come with three legs or did you lose one along them?
Speaker 4: We didn't chot one off because he was misbehaving. No, he came with three legs, and to be fair, he is an absolute angel of a dog. But Lily Allen is copying so much flak for this, like she's had to put out a public statement and say that she thinks the media have only been taking specific grabs. I probably the one that we just played, but the media have only been playing a little bit of it. And the reason why they returned it was because Mary was better suited to a different family. They weren't able to manage her temperament and she had a lot of anxiety stress disorders from the poor dogs.
Speaker 6: I'm sure Mary's fine okay with a new family, Like I'm sure Mary's don't just find it?
Speaker 1: Is she?
Speaker 4: How do you know that.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: We can try and reach out to Mary's family. Next up, Mary, give us a call.
Speaker 3: What do you think on this? So do you think it's it's ethical? Is the right?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 3: Have you done it? I don't know. James is giving us a buzz on the pickup. What do you think about this? James? Can you do this?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I mean we sort of had to do it, like almost forced into it because me and my girlfriend just recently had a baby and unfortunately the dog we had it's just a little bit too aggressive with the baby.
Speaker 7: Yeah, how long did you have the dog for before the baby?
Speaker 5: We had Jeffrey for about seven years, so a little miniature.
Speaker 7: Now I just got goosebump, So that's like giving up a child.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was pretty It was pretty tough. But we did find like a really nice home for him as well, which was which was good.
Speaker 7: Like, what was he like with your baby?
Speaker 5: Just a little bit too you know, wanting to get at the at the kid, like just trying to get it.
Speaker 4: Tell us he hadn't had an adjusted it went down the pecking order to.
Speaker 6: Tell me that the dog was trying to get at the kids, like us jumping over the cot.
Speaker 5: Well, like if we'd have it on the couch or something like that, and you know, the dog would just keep trying to get up and it would get kind of restless.
Speaker 1: I guess you can't. You just can't.
Speaker 4: That's a very different circumstance to getting rid of a dog because it eats up your passport to your sunglasses.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, all right, well thanks to your call, James.
Speaker 4: All right, back after this on the pickup, Mitch, you're always talking about how you're a gen Zetter and you know more about the younger population than what we do.
Speaker 6: No, people just look at me and they go, what glass skin that youthful boy has? How does he have a radio show at the age of six?
Speaker 7: Pretty sure no one has ever said that.
Speaker 4: I didn't even realize. But the younger there's the generations, even younger than you, is the alpha jen Like, if you're an eight or nine or ten year old, you're an alpha.
Speaker 6: Alphagen genders at the end of the alphabet and it resets and goes back up.
Speaker 4: To a There is a school in Australia that has banned a list of alpha specific words. And I heard these words and I don't even think, well, they're definitely not English, but I have no idea what they mean, and I will put money on the fact that you guys will have no idea what these words mean.
Speaker 1: I at fiver, why has the school banned words that are younger generation use? Like? Isn't this normal where we develop our own slang at school and then we take that into the world.
Speaker 4: I think the issue is is that like these eight year olds out there are speaking with words that are so far from the English language or dictionary, Like the words don't actually mean anything at all, and a lot of the teachers have no idea what they're saying because they've got their own little language to benefit the teacher. Yeah, so instead of instead of them trying to understand and like learn the words, they've just put up a list in his school and ban them.
Speaker 7: Also just speak English. I guess like we're learning English?
Speaker 4: La, Yeah, I do. I want to quiz you guys on it. I want to see how good and how in touch you are with the with their alphagen all right, here we go to see. But I wanted to felt good in my bones, all right? Question number one? Word number one? What does bussin mean? Spell it busin? You double s a n Oh, you got to get the bus to school.
Speaker 7: Like, are you bustled?
Speaker 4: Are you busting in?
Speaker 3: No, don't busting? Busting?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's not right, means it's like it's really good, it's great, it's busting.
Speaker 4: I think it's to do with food though mostly well, at least the Internet told me that.
Speaker 6: Yeah that food be busting is like juicy, moist, delicious yeo food.
Speaker 4: Alright, what about this one?
Speaker 8: Wait?
Speaker 3: Did I get it right? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, Word number two.
Speaker 7: Cap cap, Hey, guys, no cap no play?
Speaker 3: All right, it means lie cap is a lie? Yes, thank you.
Speaker 1: Mitch for sure googled these because his boyfriend's twenty one.
Speaker 3: Alrighty two he's not.
Speaker 4: Now that's cap. Question number three.
Speaker 1: Drip Oh, I think dag got this one.
Speaker 4: If you drip, if you're if you're.
Speaker 7: Dripping, baby, you're lay it up in golden necklaces.
Speaker 4: You're dripping, well, you're.
Speaker 7: Dripping with coolness.
Speaker 3: No, you're fit, you're outfit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like your sense of style.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's exactly what I just said, work for work.
Speaker 4: Okay. What about finner thinner f I double na I reckon?
Speaker 6: That is.
Speaker 7: Like, hey, are you finner? Your test. Did you finish it?
Speaker 3: You are so odd?
Speaker 6: No could.
Speaker 4: That's a good guess, but it's not.
Speaker 3: And it means like I'm going to I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Mitch, how do you know this?
Speaker 7: How actually know this? It's concerning because we're talking about preschoolers.
Speaker 3: I'm just chronically online.
Speaker 4: So like, for an example of this was I'm a thinner out because i need to go to bed, so I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: I'm finna freak out.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, that's so dumb. I hate this.
Speaker 4: All right. We have another one. Ohio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is a state in America.
Speaker 4: What is Ohio?
Speaker 3: I actually don't know it.
Speaker 4: Hi Jesus Christ, Britta needs to be canceled.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 4: Ohio means to like weirdly flirt or it's a bit cringey flirting, like when someone's flirting with you don't like it.
Speaker 7: You should have heard about it. That's your whole life.
Speaker 4: Very last one, I have skibbety. I'm givinty.
Speaker 3: I think you're saying it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think skibbity means I think skibbity. I reckon it means like hurry up, like come.
Speaker 6: On, skibbitty say, I agree.
Speaker 4: Skibbitty is a word that I think even the Internet is confused on because I looked up several sources and it means either dumb or cool or wacky. It is literally just a made up word that the kids don't even know what actually means. I mean lots of things. This segment is skibbitty. Yeah, this is I think Mitch won that. It was the worst game I've ever played, but Mitch won it. Britt, you suck and you are very out of touch with the offers.
Speaker 7: I will happily lose that game every day of the week because it means I'm more intelligent.
Speaker 3: Right next on the show, Britt, You've got update on your wedding. Right your wedding venue?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 1: I am happy to say that I have booked my venue finally, which is very exciting, but it definitely did not go to plan. Like what happened at this wedding venue is something I'm not proud of.
Speaker 4: And you're going to tell us exactly where it is. Lave on air coming up the next perfect.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm going to geolocate everyone your location.
Speaker 3: I to pick up today. The whole world's talking about Britney Hockley's wedding.
Speaker 1: I have absolutely huge news to share with you, Mitch, Laura, anyone that listens, and anyone else that possibly cares.
Speaker 4: If you did say once again that you're engaged, I feel like we've all heard that.
Speaker 7: No one's got that I am engaged.
Speaker 4: Just to everybody shuthering if you're new here, I am engaged.
Speaker 3: Your beautiful boyfriend.
Speaker 7: He's also your best friend, Ben. He plays Crockett Crocker, he's a professional. So we're planning a wedding, which has been very.
Speaker 1: Difficult because we live on opposite sides of the world on opposite time zones, so it has meant that I am planning the wedding on my own. So I went to Bali on the weekend specifically to lock in a venue because we do not have that long to go and I Ben can't go and see it, and I did not want to risk booking something on Instagram. So I fall over there and and on this big day, I locked in all these venues that I wanted to see, and there was one in particular that I thought I would love and I thought would be the one. So on the way to this venue and I was going with my friend Kesha. She works for Life on Cut with us, and so I was like, I need us, Yeah, I need a second set of eyes on it. I don't want to just trust myself because I wanted someone else to look at it. So we're on the way there and we're in the car and the barley roads are pretty like windy.
Speaker 4: They're not also the traffic so stop start. So if you're someone who gets like motion sickness, you're screwed around.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we're starting to feel really car sick in the car. We're in the back of this and I was like, oh god, I get car stick in an office chair. So we get to the venue and there's a lineup of all the staff that the general managers there. Everyone's waiting. They're waiting out there with drinks for us on a tray. They've got all these beautiful, cold like towels to pat ourselves down, and it's a whole welcome and so we.
Speaker 7: Roll out of the car. We cannot get out of there quick enough.
Speaker 1: We slam the doors closed and just fall into the garden and start heaving like to vomit. Oh I got it's so sick because we're so calastick, so nothing. They're just like awkwardly looking at us. No one knows what to do if I's welcome, I know. So I was mortified and I was like, I'm so sorry, Like he you know, when every muscle in your body heaves. So I pull myselves together and I'm like, okay, we need to go inside. We walk inside. Everything's set up there beautifully. There's flowers, there's clipboards, everything to write down. We walk into this room and I'm like, excuse me. I was like, do you mind if I just take one moment? Do you have a bathroom? Keeping it together? And they're like, we do have a bathroom. It's just right here, like right attached to the room that everyone is standing. The effect doors don't go down to the bottom, you know, the kind it's like a glass door.
Speaker 4: And I was like, it's like an alfresco bathroom in the middle of a room where everyone's seating.
Speaker 1: Everyone was sitting there, and I was like, excuse me for one moment, anyway, go in, close the door, and I destroy that toilet vomiting, like not the bottom end, but like you've top end, top vomiting on my hands and knees.
Speaker 7: You know you can.
Speaker 1: Viscerally hear someone vomiting. So I'm in there for twenty minutes, Keisha. I come out and Keisha, my friend is on the lounge with the legs up in the air and then had to go and get a healer.
Speaker 7: They go and get a healer because she's so unwell.
Speaker 3: So I come out vomiting.
Speaker 7: A life support machine and it's got a healer come in. It's doing this healing stuff and.
Speaker 3: What are they doing?
Speaker 1: Pressure points, heads, feet, everything, and she's in another world. Anyway, this has gone on for twenty minutes, and they're like, we're so sorry, but like you need we have other people coming to check in, like you need to check the venue.
Speaker 6: Wait, wait, your own hands and knees. But there's a gap out of the door.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they can hear and see everything.
Speaker 1: And I'm just like anyway, So they're like, you need to see the venue because we're actually having people check in.
Speaker 7: And I was like, oh my god, okay. I was like, Keisha, let's go. She's like I can't. I been healed, so I have to go see the venue by myself.
Speaker 1: I'm walking around trying not to vomit the entire time, taking break halfway to vomit.
Speaker 7: Keisha never gets to see it. I do the whole tour walk back and he's just like, what did you think? Are we taking it? And I was like, yes, I think we are taking.
Speaker 1: And so that venue I vomited all over is going to be my wedding pace.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's going to be so beautiful peoples cleaned up and covered in flowers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know what sold me.
Speaker 1: What sold me was how well they treated us when they healed us when we were sick, Like they were just a venue and they healed us well and good.
Speaker 4: It wasn't the marble floors and the nice toy and the views wasn't the marble.
Speaker 7: The toilet was great. I checked it, I chested it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, flush, well, well done.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thank you