Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Outspoken.
Speaker 2: It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week.
Speaker 1: Coming up.
Speaker 2: On today's show, Anna Paul reveals she no longer feels safe in her current rental, Molly May islam for booking a budget airline for her sister's hands, and a micro influences expose on a restaurant backfires on her. But first, Anna Macavoy's Destination wedding was thrown into chaos when a sandstorm threatened to ground flights and interrupt her upcoming nuptials to her fiance, Michael Staples. Anna shared the news with her TikTok followers while she and Michael were grounded on the tarmac in Istanbul.
Speaker 1: Here's what she said.
Speaker 3: So, we are getting married in that Corfu, Greece in four days and there is a sand storm over the island of Corfu. We are currently on the tarmac. We've been grounded from taking off, So pray for us and pray for help guests that ever I can get there, because this was not land and not expected at all.
Speaker 4: This seems to be a bit of a trend at the moment with influencers and destination weddings. Recently, Rachel Dillon actually had to move her wedding forward because of rain in Italy. A bit of a first world problem for influencers, but this would have been very stressful.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize how chaotic a sandstorm actually is. I googled it and it turns the whole sky orange, So.
Speaker 1: It would have completely ruined their day.
Speaker 2: Also, it would be really difficult for guests to actually be able to land safely at the airport. Luckily, a day later, Anna updated her followers to say that it was crisis averted and that the storm had passed. She said the sky was no longer orange, but it was still a little bit cloudy day. An orange sky actually sounds quite nice for sunset style. Yeah, but I'm assumed they're more worried about flights not being able to land.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, Luckily she did confirm that it hadn't affected any of the guests traveling there, which was such a relief because I have been hanging out for Tammy and Matt's content in Greece. They always seem to keep things entertaining for us whilst they're overseers.
Speaker 4: And you are referring to Tammy Hembro and Anna's co host, Matt Szakowski. I was wondering how Anna felt about having to invite Tammy because she has been posting a lot of content while she's been in corfew, almost overshadowing it a little bit.
Speaker 2: Well, I have seen that discussion going on online because Tammy has been sharing a lot. So she shared a TikTok at the airport showing that she and Matt were traveling child free, And it did make me laugh because Matt brought his Love Island suitcase along with him on the tree.
Speaker 4: Did you bring his drink bottle as well?
Speaker 1: Not sure about the drink bottle.
Speaker 2: But when they were at the couple's welcome dinner, because they had this fancy welcome dinner on the beach, and there was this weird photo of Tammy and Matt kissing, Anna and her fiance kissing, so they were both in the same photo, and she captioned it lover is in the air. It kind of felt like a bit MEMI me, like, where getting and get We're getting married next?
Speaker 1: This is all about us.
Speaker 4: It kind of reminded me on Friends when Monica and Phoebe were competing over who the Hottest Couple was like, that was the vibe you really got photo she.
Speaker 1: Was necessarily doing that.
Speaker 2: I think it's more so because they are part of this podcast that talks about love and relationship. It's kind of like they're showing off that they've both now got this successful relationship.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know about you, but I've never had friends who say, oh, let's take a photo of both of us kissing. No, I think the event is about Anna and her part, not about Tammy and Matt. And while Tammy probably isn't trying to make it about herself because she has millions and millions of followers on social media, people are going to be focusing on her. But if Tammy didn't share anything while she was over there, she'd probably gets slammed. Yeah, but she could share visional photos of Anna and Michael. Yeah, but that's going to bomb on her own social media accounts, her Instagram store. Yeah, it's good, but no one cares about them.
Speaker 1: They care about Tammy.
Speaker 4: I actually get the vibe that Anna is scared about what Tammy is going to share to her millions the followers. Because Matt and Anna on the most recent episode of their podcast, had a conversation about the etiquette around what can and can't be shared before the bride puts up her post.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was really interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So Anna basically said that no one is allowed to share anything about her wedding until she posts, and that includes the location, you know, details of the event anything.
Speaker 1: I think the.
Speaker 2: Reason that everyone is building up this rivalry between the two couples is because Matt previously said on his podcast that he was considering proposing to Tammy whilst on Anna's wedding trip, but he opted instead to do it in the Maudives last year, and I think that's why everyone is feeling a bit uncomfortable and thinking, please, don't take their moment away from them, particularly when Tammy and Matt have only been together for such a short period of time.
Speaker 4: Now, Anna did drop a bit of a bomb on the most recent episode of her and Matt's podcast. She revealed that she actually got married before she left for Corfu in a registry office, and the reason she did that was because she has an uneven amount of bridesmaids and groomsmen, so she has an extra groomsman and she was worried that the feng sway of the ceremony was going to be thrown off, so she has asked one of the groomsmen to be a celebrant. However, they're not actually officiated, so that's why she had to get married in Australia before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all very odd though, I mean, wouldn't you just think maybe I'll add an extra bridesmaid instead of making them the celebrates. So does it really matter, Like, does it really matter that much that it's.
Speaker 4: An odd It's a personal decision. I felt so uncomfortable listening to this podcast though, because Matt asked Anna about what it was like consummating the registry office marriage. Yeah, and he seemed very interested in the lingerie that Anna had purchased for her honeymoon. And I'm just thinking, Oh, I just got a really slimy vibe off the whole conversation, like.
Speaker 1: His mouth was drooling when he asked her that question.
Speaker 2: Maybe he thinks he's asking what everyone wants to know that's listening.
Speaker 4: Nah, it was beyond that. Was it just me or was it really frustrating that he couldn't seem to understand the difference between a registry wedding and an elopeman yeah.
Speaker 2: He kept calling it a runaway wedding, and she's like, no, it's not a runaway.
Speaker 1: It's just that we had to do.
Speaker 2: It at a registry office so that it would be legally buying.
Speaker 4: He also came across as really immature talking about weddings because Anna was saying, how, oh, I feel so old because a lot of my friends aren't married, and he was like, oh, yeah, look, and it's like, you're engaged, buddy.
Speaker 1: You know what you're not doing.
Speaker 5: You're not treating yourself like a baby when you should be. When you're sad, when you're going through something, you need to treat yourself like the five year.
Speaker 6: Old version of you.
Speaker 4: Anna Paul has revealed she's moving house at the end of the month because she no longer feels safe in her current rental. Despite living in a gated community, the Only Fans creator still experiences people within the community taking photos of her house, knocking on her door and asking for pictures in the driveway. So a follower actually messaged Anna suggesting that she moved to an acreage, but Anna replied again, I followed on my way home. Though people only turn around at the community gate when they can't get in. I'd be scared on an acreage that they can just drive up into my driveway.
Speaker 2: It's crazy to think that some influencers have this level of fame where they're being followed to their houses and people are knocking on their doors asking for photos. I'm not particularly surprised in the case of Anna poul though, that people are easily able to find her, because she does post her white car online all of the time. She also encourages people to use whiteboard markers and ride on her car. Yeah, but it doesn't give people the right to then go and follow her to her.
Speaker 1: House, so definitely not.
Speaker 2: I think what's scary in this instance is that a lot of people would view Anna as their friend because they keep up with what she's doing every single day with her vlogs, and it obviously is creating this really weird parasocial relationship with her and her fans. I have noticed her daily vlogs have dropped off quite a bit, so I'm wondering if this is a contributor. Because we saw back what in twenty sixteen, when Kim Kardashian was robbed in Paris, how that completely changed the way she posted online. She no longer wanted to post live updates, and influencers probably do need to consider what they're posting live and what they choose to then air later on for their own safety. It'd be particularly tough for Anna because her persona online is that she's very kind, she's friendly to fans, she's bubbly all the time. But you don't want to have to act like that every time someone knocks on your door and invades your privacy.
Speaker 4: A lot, particularly in a gated community. Another big motivator for this move is the need for more space. So currently Anna's iconic green BMW doesn't actually fit in the garage at the rental and it's in storage. So Anna said her new house will have a big garage and she'll be able to store her cars all there. I've also seen on her tiktop that her clothes don't fit in the wardrobe, so she and her family have just been leaving them to pile up in the laundry. I'm surprised she hasn't actually bought her own house, but I'm now wondering if she purposely hasn't bought a property because of this issue of people seemingly finding out where she lives. I would assume she would own some investment properties, but because of the lifestyle that she leads, she is overseas a lot, so maybe rentals just work better for.
Speaker 2: Her, especially having Addis back in twenty twenty, he was one of those finance bros handing out advice. Surely he would have given her the advice to invest in property well.
Speaker 4: Anna has also opened up about her weight loss, so in a Snapchat Q and A, which I think is interesting in itself that she's posting on Snapchat, she admitted that she was struggling and not in a good place for a while.
Speaker 1: So she said that she lost.
Speaker 4: Her period for eight months and was so so so skinny and so malnourished because of stress and sadness. She wrote, it happened so fast, I didn't even recognize myself. My boobs completely deflated and would just loose skin, and none of my clothes fit me anymore. The internet still comments o zen pic on my photos and videos, But this is just what stress can do to you. Fortunately, it does appear like Anna has turned a corner. She said that she's eating right and is happy and no longer longer stressed. She also said that she's getting stronger and stronger and goes to the gym four to five times.
Speaker 2: A week, and this weight loss coincided with her breakup with Glenn Thompson. It is something that does happen to you or a lot of people when they go through a breakup. I know when I went through a breakup without even trying to, I lost so much weight because I was just so upset, so stressed about the situation. But it is hard as well when you see somebody that's in the public eye suddenly losing all of this weight. Because I saw a photo that she recently shared and I noticed that the comments were often. I assumed it was because everyone was commenting ozen pic. But it is where your mind first goes when somebody loses weight so rapidly, particularly because she and Glenn really pushed this narrative that the breakup was so amicable that they were both really happy, but clearly behind the scenes that has not been the case. Anna also did open up recently about breakup advice. So one of her followers asked how she got through her breakup with Glenn, and she said that you need to treat yourself like an actual baby. So she said, treat yourself like you're five years old and someone was mean to you at school. So she suggested talking to yourself like a child and acting like it's your only job to make your five year old self feel good. So she said, you know, maybe you like iced coffee, Go get yourself a nice coffee.
Speaker 4: And she said, the rationale behind it is that your five year old stealth. And she said, the rationale behind it is that your five year old self is still in you and hurting.
Speaker 1: That's kind of good advice.
Speaker 2: I remember, Kate, back in the day when you were having issues in your past relationship. When you're upset, you said that you used to just lie in bed and pretend you're a phone charging, like recharging your bat So I suppose maybe that was before all of this meditation stuff. That was my meditation, because it did really help, because sometimes you just don't want to face the emotions that you're feeling, so you're like, I'm currently switched off and I'm charging at time on aeroplane mode.
Speaker 6: I I am so excited for this thory because, as you've seen from the title, this is going to be Zoe's hendy blogs. So you don't know who Zoe Is, which I think a lot of you probably will zobe.
Speaker 5: Is and my sister.
Speaker 2: Molly May has thrown an epic Hen's weekend for her sisters that we hatue in IBEFA. Tongues were wagging as the former Love Island contestant use the trip as an opportunity to post a ton of thirst traps as she dodgers breakup rumors. Now, so this weekend kicked off with some fans being outraged at Molly's choice of transport. Yeah, fans seem to think it was a bit cheeky of Molly to book a budget airline for her sister's Hen's weekend.
Speaker 1: When you say budget, it's not. It was Ryan Air.
Speaker 4: That would be like some influencer in Australia booking a Tiger Fly. I know that they're defunct now, but that is the level of transportation. But am I wrong?
Speaker 2: Wouldn't the other guests be paying for the airfare so it wouldn't have been a bit rich of Molly if she'd booked in a private jet and forced everyone to pay the fee. The thing is, Molly is the maid of Honor, so she has planned the whole weekend and I guess she probably has funded a lot of it as well, because she earns so much money. She did share a photo on Instagram showing the group on the time at getting ready to board the Ryan Air flight, and this led to followers weighing in. One rote, love you, Molly, but your friend gets a private jet.
Speaker 1: For her b day but your sister doesn't for her.
Speaker 2: Hens, I'd be raging, whilst another said it makes me giggle that Molly got a jet for her mate's birthday but Ryan Air for her sister's hen. That is the thing I thought immediately as well, because I loved watching the recent vogs where Molly took her friends to this beautiful ski town and they were on a private jet. Zoe was there, and I was expecting when Molly started sharing behind the scenes of this HENS that they would be walking onto a private jet. So I was flabbergasted when it was rubber Ryanair. But she probably copped so much criticism for taking her friends on that private jet that they thought, Fuck, we don't really want to be dealing with all this backlash when it's Zoe's Hens. Let's just go Ryan Air exactly, not just for the most recent time on the jet, but in the past she has copped so much criticism with fans asking her to think about her carbon foot print or saying that she is flaunting her wealth, so it wouldn't have been a good look to back it up again. It is interesting though, that this strategy of oh, let's just go on a normal budget airline seems to have backfighted.
Speaker 1: It's like you can't win.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, But I do think it has something to do with the fact that a lot of Molly's followers also folly follow Zoe, and I think that people have a soft spot for Zoe because she seems sort.
Speaker 1: Of like the more normal Molly may like.
Speaker 2: She doesn't live in this huge mansion and she's a bit more of a normal person, so I think they feel like she's been shortchanged.
Speaker 1: Well, the funny thing about this hens is.
Speaker 2: It was the furthest from a budget.
Speaker 1: HENS that you can get.
Speaker 2: She pulled out all of the stops to ensure that her sister was absolutely spoiled. So the group checked into a luxurious villa where Molly had arranged for the pool to be filled with heart shaped inflatable rings, and she also organized these really cute hangover packs so they had rehydration sachets in them as well as a beauty bag, and they also went on a very lavish boat tree as well as partied in the VIP section of a number of different nightclubs.
Speaker 1: So Molly really.
Speaker 2: Did go above and beyond to make this a special weekend. Her sister Mollie must have spent a fortune on this trip because she did have her security team fly over with.
Speaker 1: Her as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's clear that she didn't want anything to ruin this trip. She has had to have security follow her around ever since her and Tommy's apartment got robbed a couple of years ago. Maybe she was also scared to be away on this girl's trip without Tommy.
Speaker 2: Then, especially if they're drinking and partying. Now, this trip has come off the back of persistent rumors for weeks now that Tommy and Molly have split up. So Tommy and Molly they have been together since twenty nineteen when they came second on Love Island, and they got engaged last year and also share a daughter together. So the breakup rumors were sparked on May fifth when Molly posted a selfie without her six hundred thousand dollars diamond engagement ring on and following that her ring was also missing in subsequent stories. It wasn't as though she was trying to hide her hand, though, because she shared a close up of her hand wearing two other rings, so a ring on her index finger and a middle finger ring to show.
Speaker 1: Off her fresh nails.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but everyone's always trying to spot if she's wearing this ring. I actually think it comes down to the fact that the ring is obnoxiously big and would be so uncomfortable to wear and perhaps probably not safe for her to wear out in public, considering it costs so much money and she could be robbed.
Speaker 2: Well, people found it weird because Tommy was three thousand miles away in Dubai. He was there because his brother Tyson is fighting in a boxing match. I love how you're like, oh, just some boxing match. Tyson Fury was competing for the title of heavyweight world Champion.
Speaker 1: He did lose it as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't care about that. We just want to hear the gossip. There are other reasons though, that people think a breakup has happened. One is because it was recently Tommy's twenty fifth birthday, and usually Molly would post a very gushing post on Instagram and she'd share some elaborate balloon installation that she'd pay people to set up. But this year didn't post anything.
Speaker 4: How was the only twenty five mins?
Speaker 2: Well, she also didn't publicly congratulate Tommy for landing a role in an upcoming comedy movie. So this is what haspikes a lot of speculation, and what has pushed it further is the fact that Molly May was posting a ton of thirst traps at this Hens party.
Speaker 1: She looked incredible.
Speaker 2: She has spoken about before that she doesn't usually feel comfortable wearing bikinis, but on this trip she lived in bikini There's a shot of her in a cowboy hat with a black bikini on Oh my God, she looked insane. Don't you think this is a part of brand deals though, Like she's obviously been dressed to go on this trip and has to take furs of what she's wearing. I also think it might coincide with the fact that she I think she hired a personal trainer about six months ago, and maybe she's finally feeling confident in her own body.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, the catch is.
Speaker 2: In these photos she is wearing her very large engagement ring, and once she got back to the UK, she squashed the rumors completely by sharing a photo of Tommy with a little white love heart and a house emoji. So I am relieved they are my favorite influencer couple. Thank god they are not on the rocks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just a trend. Every time she spotted without her engagement ring on. People are going to write these rumors because at the end of the day, people actually don't want them to be together. I think there's quite a lot of jealousy about this relationship and.
Speaker 1: Its clickbait as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people don't want to believe it's as good as they make out it to be.
Speaker 5: This is a PSA for all creators who work with food troble lifestyle blah blah blah. I received the most horrible message yesterday from a restaurant wanting to work with them, and I need to make you aware so you guys never work with them and know your standard.
Speaker 4: A micro influencers attempt to expose a restaurant for a parent, rude and unprofessional behavior has backfired. Jameson May, who promotes herself as a travel, lifestyle, fashion and food creator, reached out to Melbourne vegetarian restaurant Pat's regarding a collaboration. She was left fuming though, when the restaurant replied, saying, you don't seem to have any followers, maybe you should approach us when you have over one hundred k.
Speaker 1: How many followers does she have?
Speaker 4: So she has a main Instagram account where she posts fashion content and on that account she has fifteen thousand. However, she posts her food and travel content on a separate account which only has one point one thousand followers.
Speaker 1: That's alarm bells for me.
Speaker 2: Why are you having to have two separate Instagram account? Yeah, well I can see why the restaurant told her to go get more followers now. Jameson replied, writing, sorry, but that is extremely rude, and the restaurant hit back with this, perhaps, but you are pretending to be influential on social media and that's not true. And rather than me saying that you are lying and pretending to be beneficial to our business, I just said, come back when you're actually able to do what you think we should engage you to do. Is it rude to question something that's obviously not true? Now you can tell in the screenshot that Jameson then.
Speaker 1: Blocked the restaurant.
Speaker 2: This restaurant owner is one hundred percent correct. If you are approaching a restaurant and you don't have a large following, but you're giving it the big end that you've got, You're going to benefit their restaurant highly by promoting their food.
Speaker 1: That is a flat out lie.
Speaker 2: So why can't they call it out and say, sorry, you actually don't have the metrics for us to have.
Speaker 1: You in for a free meal or to pay you to eat here.
Speaker 2: The nerve of her to actually ask as well, with that kind of follower count.
Speaker 4: Well, rather than taking the feedback on board, Jamazon took to her TikTok to blast the restaurant in an almost three minute rant. So she framed it as a PSA to other content creators, but it was quite clear she was just trying to name and shame the restaurant. So Jameson explained that she sent her usual template to Patsy's, but personalized it to tell them what she thinks they're missing and what she can do for them. Oh she then said.
Speaker 5: This, and I'm absolutely gobsmacked.
Speaker 1: I had no words.
Speaker 5: I was actually like just gusted that someone could say that to another person like this is clearly someone not in marketing. They don't understand literally anything.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: Jameson went on to say that fiyons the follow account does not matter and it's all about your audience, engagement, and reach. She then said, my engagement and reach, considering I have a small follow account, is really really good. She didn't actually cite her engagement and reach stats.
Speaker 2: So I would have thought that if they were so good, you would say what they are.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But also when you have a lower follower account, your engagement is always going to be better. She's probably got a lot of family and friends that are part of her following follow account that are liking all of her posts and engaging with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: She also addressed the comment about lying about being influential and said this and.
Speaker 5: Then the second message where they tell me I'm pretaining to be influential, But that's not the point. The point is to get people to go through creating fun, loving content. It's like, yes, it's to influence them to go, but that could pop up on the for you page and get over a million views while three hundred followers. That's really not how it works. But I was just disgusted in the way that they said it. I think that's what actually pissed me off more.
Speaker 2: She's clearly got this restaurant offside with her initial email, because she has said that she outlined them the things that they.
Speaker 1: Were doing wrong in marketing and.
Speaker 2: How they could improve, and it's like, well, they've come back and said, well, maybe you're not marketing yourself that well as an influence.
Speaker 1: So considering you've got a thousand, and.
Speaker 4: Also they must get so many emails like this. I did have a look at Jamison's page, and the attention that she's gotten off the back of this story seems to have skewed the views on her most recent reel because it is sitting at eight hundred and ninety five thousand views. However, the rest of her reels ranged from five hundred views to a couple of thousand. And I went a step further and I looked Jameson's account up on social Blade, which is a social media analysis website, and I can't view her engagement rate because her likes are set to private. So if she has such a good engagement rate, then why is she hiding her likes?
Speaker 2: Outrage culture is so rife at the moment, and it's actually making a lot of micro influences more popular. So they are seizing the opportunity to be outraged about something. As you said, Kate, it is sewing her engagement rate at the moment. In actual fact, it's the restaurant who should be outraged. Well, maybe they should have shared a TikTok of their response to receiving her exactly.
Speaker 1: Their TikTok would have blown out. I would have loved to see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well their response was pretty epic back and I think that's why the backlash has been so swift against Jamison, because she went out to name and shame them. But it's her as actually ended up being criticized on TikTok. So.
Speaker 4: She was labeled entitled and accused of trying to get free stuff, so much so that she was actually forced to turn the comments off on her original post. Now, rather than taking again that feedback on board, she claimed that it was just because her content reached the wrong audience on TikTok So. She said it was served to non creators and influencers who didn't understand what was happening. Now, in augue respect, we live in a social media world, people understand the relationship between content creators and brands, So I think that she is really trying to make a lot of excuses here. Do you think in this instance, though, it will actually help her social media career Because a video blowing up like that, she's obviously got some attention. It's ricocheted into people then watching her most recent TikTok video as well.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I did go.
Speaker 4: Over to her Instagram account and she was excitedly sharing how a lot of traditional media outlets had reached out for her for an interview, and at first I think she thought it was going to be really positive, but once the story started coming out and it was skewed negatively towards her, she's actually gone on a break from social media now. The owners of Patsy's have come out and said it was an obvious decision for them not to work with Jameson given her follower profile. They said, her followers are not really people that we have in the venue often, and probably not the market that we are looking to engage with. I think she was just hoping to increase her visibility with these outrage posts.
Speaker 1: It sort of has worked.
Speaker 4: Already, but I'm not sure how it will be able to be monetized As marketing, I tend to agree with them. I also think that the pr is better for Patsy's because.
Speaker 1: I look at them and go, oh, I really liked that clap back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe I'll go there when I'm in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you assume that anyone posting about the restaurant actually genuinely likes it in the future, And then I'm just being like going in for a free Mealay.
Speaker 5: Run a weeks from here and get out of here and show you guys her room, horas and shine.
Speaker 4: Let's get into the highs and lows of the week. I will kick us off. My high is finding a dupe for Mac's studio Fixed Foundation.
Speaker 1: I love that foundation.
Speaker 4: It is top tier. I've been using it ever since I was eighteen. However, it is quite pricey, and when I am just bumming around the house, maybe popping to coals and going for a dog walk, I want a foundation.
Speaker 1: That isn't going to cost me a lot.
Speaker 2: So I did some googling and I found that the Mabeling fit Me Foundation is apparently a good jupe.
Speaker 4: But I'm always a little bit suspicious mark my words. It is a great jupe. So I got the Matt and Paulus version of the Fit Me Foundation. It's only thirteen dollars on sale at the moment.
Speaker 1: It is so good.
Speaker 4: I would say Max Studio Fix is better in terms of durability. You can wear it for longer, but it is.
Speaker 1: A great jupe for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got some and I was really impressed with it. Now, my loaf of the week is pregnancy sleep. I am thirty five weeks pregnant at the moment, and sleep is not easy. I need to get up and go to the toilet all the time. When you are pregnant, you can't lie on your back or obviously your stomach, and I love lying on my stomach, so I'm happy to lie on my side. And I saw this hilarious TikTok that I could not relate to more. It's said that when you're pregnant, it feels like you're a hot dog on one of those rotation heaters in America where you're just going back and forth.
Speaker 1: It is so true.
Speaker 4: However, what is making me feel slightly better is TikTok is telling me that apparently pregnancy sleep is worse than sleep with a newborn. Oh wow, that might sound delusional.
Speaker 2: Revisit this in a few weeks. I'm a little bit worried, but I'm hoping that is true. Do you regret not buying the pregnancy pillow? Now?
Speaker 4: No, I've been pushing through with my squish mellow simon.
Speaker 1: Do you also regret not buying maternity clothes?
Speaker 2: I actually purchased two NBA jumpers from cotton On that I will be wearing, no doubt a lot in our video is coming up. But yes, Amy, you did tell me how terrible I looked the other day in my jumper that I have been thrashing because it's literally more your tites that look uncomfortable at this day.
Speaker 1: Fine, I just couldn't stand it.
Speaker 2: I'd need some sort of I'd need maternity jeans and a maternity pair of tracksuit pants or pajamas.
Speaker 4: Mark my words.
Speaker 2: You do not want to be wearing jeans when you're thirty five weeks pure. Yeah, but if you're going out to a rest on or something, yeah, you like you just leg suck it up and just put the big uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: Once you're pregnant, will see how you feel. My Love of the Week is also sleep related.
Speaker 2: But it's that I'm such a night owl and I just can't switch off at nighttime like a hop into bed and I'm just on my phone scrolling.
Speaker 1: It's the worst.
Speaker 2: I should put my phone down, and then it just makes me not feel motivated in the morning and it's so cold at the moment.
Speaker 1: It might be a better routine.
Speaker 2: I think you need to put your phone away, maybe an hour before you go. I need to lock it away, like do people. Some people have like a cabinet that they actually physically lock. See the other day, we were talking about eating in the shower and my mother in law listen to the.
Speaker 1: Episode and she goes to me, how do you actually go on your phone in the shower? And I'm like, fuck, I forget people.
Speaker 4: I know you listen to it and I'm like, oh, I don't stand under the water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very easy. Well, my high of the week.
Speaker 2: It's a bit of a mundane one, but basically touching on in laws. My in laws have been renovating our house at the moment with my partner.
Speaker 1: I need to hire them out, like.
Speaker 2: You guys wanted me to hire them out. They're doing the most incredible job. They built a little shelf.
Speaker 1: The other day. They put shelving, well, they put Yeah, they put shelving in.
Speaker 2: And I'm so excited because i got my wedding photos back this week and my high of the week is that I'm going to get them printed and feel like I'm in a real adult house.
Speaker 1: Because I've been a shelf.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, I'm gonna put them on shelf, and i just feel like I've been in rentals for so many years that don't have that personal touch, and now that I've lucky enough to have bought my own home, I'm just excited to actually put those personal bits in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is really exciting.
Speaker 2: My high of the week would be discovering the Osborne's podcast.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you're easily offended, maybe don't listen to it, but far out It just took me back to watching their show back in two thousand and one, and it's made me want to go and seek it out on YouTube. Apparently they are recording at the moment sort of like a goggle Box style show where they do watch it back and if you subscribe I think it's called Osborne Media House, then you were able to see the episodes, but oh my god, they are hilarious together. What sort of It's touted as a comedy podcast. Yeah, Jack Osborne has really grown up, and he and Kelly so their brother and sister. They like even though they've grown up. I love the fact that their sense of humor hasn't changed. Well, I just love how petty they are. Like, remember there was an iconic episode where they had this argument with the neighbors and they threw ham over the phock We're.
Speaker 4: Gonna say when they were debating whether it was he said stick or dick.
Speaker 2: No no, because they had Sharon on and she was telling a story about how they had she had this disagreement with this movie company who were coming to film in the Street, and they just sounded exactly the same as they were in two thousand and one, just having these like petty issues with everybody. My low would be just how cold and dark it's now getting And I love to go for a walk after work, but seems to be getting so dark so quickly, and it's really pissing me off because women can't feel safe to walk around in the dark. And I've been having this discussion with my partner and I'm just saying, like, you know, for instance, he can go and jog around the block when it's pitch black, but for me, I would feel so unsafe, and actually where you would be on safety, I would And a friend of ours, Sarah, she put it so well. She said she was trying to explain to her partner how you feel as a woman walking in the dark, and she said, it's like you've taken out all of your all the money in the bank that you own and you're literally out in public walking around with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't think men will ever fully comprehend what it is like.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: That is where we're going to leave things today. If you do want to hear more content from us, we did drop a subscriber episode yesterday with extra influencer topics.
Speaker 1: This podcast was recorded.
Speaker 4: On the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Planes. We pay respect to elders past and present,