Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast. So flexy, Yes, I know what you're thinking. It's about always say.
Speaker 2: I know what you're thinking and then claim to not understand what I'm saying. So which is it?
Speaker 3: Sometimes the words don't come out because you are priceless and words cannot submit an alien in the flesh, You're an alien, babes. I know. If I was just to rip your shirt open and then cut your clavicles apart, Yeah, cut it open. See a little tiny green man. Oh okay, he's little, he's green, and he's pulling the strings getting to know you. Over the last year, so it's been a year since we've started the show, I have become more and more how do you say, spiritually aware? You knew that as exactly what I was going to say. I was actually going to say spiritually curious. Great, And it's funny. I'm the kind of person is very easily suggestible, I would say, and probably also someone who would think that anything to do with star science and stuff was maybe a bit of a silly pursuit. I'm in that kind of camp of person, you know, I don't really believe in anything spiritual, just not at all tapped into that part of my life. However, as we know, I have had some spooky runnings with the other side, so there's something going on. I just haven't had the time or the breadth to consider.
Speaker 2: It, really delve deep and pursue.
Speaker 3: Then I just had this inkling the other day to be like, I want to go see a psychic.
Speaker 2: Which I thought was absurd. I was like, are you sure you want to do that? I know that's for you. I feel like it's a leap. We went from star science aren't real? To let's go to a psychic. I said, is everything I can at home? To what you said.
Speaker 1: It's like, I've hit the limit of how many psychologists you can see. You need to go find somebody. Tell me holistic. I's double.
Speaker 3: And I was at dinner with one of our mutual friends the other day and she was talking about this psychic that she'd seen, and she's like, this psychic like foreshadowed all these things that happened. She said, I was going to have like this injury maybe, and I need to go get my car checked. And then the next week, my brand new car like started malfunctioning.
Speaker 1: I love that. Yeah. Yeah, so I was tapped in at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she's another person that I really respect her opinion.
Speaker 1: I think she's so smart and so cool. Not me complimenting you.
Speaker 2: Oh, in like inadvertently, yeah yeah, because yeah, you said she's another one of them. I got it.
Speaker 1: Just make sure you clocked it landed.
Speaker 3: It did, and so she was I was like, hey, can I have a number. Apparently she's just phone readings. Now that's when the alarm bell probably should start reading this. Only she knows my number and then my name is Lucinda. So I ended up booking in and I went just a few days ago.
Speaker 1: Let me give you the play by play. It was an hour reading. It was one hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Pay first, rock up, PayPal, visa, just straight bank transfer. Okay, yeah, so it was a bit, you know, like I could have gone either way. We get on the call, I'm like, hey, are you gonna call me? You're gonna call me? Finally she calls me. She's like, oh, sorry, thank god you called. I lost my phone.
Speaker 2: Well, so was that already? So how did you get through to her?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Divine interventions, yeah, maybe being.
Speaker 3: A skeptic, like, how did I do want to ask you after this though, to tell me how she would be able to read me over the phone.
Speaker 1: Do you think she could?
Speaker 2: Let's go, let's get going.
Speaker 3: Okay, About two minutes in she starts saying, you got money problems?
Speaker 1: Is she right? No?
Speaker 2: The general theme of the readon Frugal Rooms was good for money, I am.
Speaker 3: She was like, you've got money. You know, money's going to big problem. Money's going to be problem, like this wrong number.
Speaker 2: And not that the money is a reason listen to price.
Speaker 1: She does not insponsored content. Let's go, so I was just kind of like going, yeah, yeah. I was like, I won't give too much away.
Speaker 3: Then she was like, you are going to have back problems in May June.
Speaker 2: I said, okay, I'll put it in the car. I'll put it in careful of your well back.
Speaker 3: Of course, I'm going to Barley at that time to do a surf camp, so naturally the alarm bells are ringing. She also said, your dad has an injury with his head. And I said, oh god, it's like it's not dementia, but and I said, you really, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: She said, let's that your money is worth. Let's really crank it. Sorry about the late the late start, but we'll really make sure.
Speaker 1: We'll make up for it.
Speaker 3: Then she said, you need to go to the dentist now, otherwise something expense is going to happen.
Speaker 2: Down Later on last we went you do you see much?
Speaker 1: And our friend said that she said the same line to her.
Speaker 3: Okay, as well, I'm seeing a bit of she could sense a skeptic. But most crucially she said to me, I'm sensing like I don't think this person was good.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna say it like that.
Speaker 2: No, let's not start with that. Let's start with what was said and we work backwards, all right.
Speaker 3: They were like, I'm sensing about some bad energy around you, like did you have a relationship recently?
Speaker 2: Not sensing bad energy?
Speaker 1: She didn't say energy, did say I sense a bossy as.
Speaker 2: She did you come through? Come through?
Speaker 1: I did come through.
Speaker 3: But she's like, we you know, are you single at the moment, and I said yes, I am. And she said, look, I'm not seeing a boyfriend for another two years and I'm not on that kind of timeline.
Speaker 2: RESPECTFULI that's not gonna work.
Speaker 3: I don't think she could hear she could sense a little bit a bit too quiet on the end.
Speaker 1: Of the line.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, okay, yep, cool, cool, and suddenly crickets.
Speaker 3: And then she said, you know, by your next birthday, you'll be celebrating with a partner.
Speaker 1: She's like, why'd you for the next six months?
Speaker 2: So there's no boyfriend coming, but there's a partner coming.
Speaker 1: Oh she really said that.
Speaker 2: Literally, she said that.
Speaker 3: And then she goes, your boyfriend, he could be a singer. He's not going to be a very good singer, though, you're going to be going around a lot. She said, he's maybe going to work in the circus.
Speaker 2: Just absurd to say he would be a singer, not a good one, and you could be traveling a lot in the circus, to which I think, okay, different industries were jokers, you know, like comedians, circus act, circus act.
Speaker 3: She also said he's going to be five eight to six foot and have hair that's lighter than mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your natural color or I said, I did recently go through.
Speaker 3: A bit of a hand saying cause you didn't know, and what she said said, you're going to be very happy something like. None of it was hitting quite literally, none of it was hitting the only bossy areas came through that came through in the the other thing when she said I'm seeing possum, I'm seeing a possum. And about two hours previously I went past a car that had the number plight possum and I call my mum possum.
Speaker 2: Oh great, So that was.
Speaker 1: The one thing. She alsosly said, sprint. There's a word to be wary of sprint.
Speaker 3: Sprint, And I said, not with these titties, yeah, respectfully. Yeah, so I guess like it was a disappointing moment. I'm gonna be honest. She did pray, do you have any follow up questions? Of course I asked the questions. She said, do you give you answers? She said, you're going to have two children, You asked, yep, Oh no, she told me that. Oh. She said they're going to be one at one point, they're going to be eight and ten, and you're going to live near the beach. I'm sorry, but at one point they're going to be in everyone.
Speaker 1: Well you never know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So all in all was very conclusive. I'm glad that I did it. I'm glad I pushed myself. I will say it's put me off for a little bit. I'm going to purely take my readings from Newflix because you have some insight into my personality.
Speaker 1: We've known each other for a year now, probably.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, So when Frumy told me she was gonna see a psychic, you would assume, because I'm a fellow spooky ban to be like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, like go get it.
Speaker 2: But I was tentatives, Well, I would say, was the response. I said, why do you want to do that? And for what reason? And this is no shade to psychics at all, and it's no shade to any kind of like capitalistic spirituality. However, my skepticism with psychics is that they really can employ cold reading. It's very easy to catch a vibe from someone and to instill into them what you would like the reading to be about, or also to lead them into responses. So you've had an okay, go and love right. Yeah, yeah, it's been good, I think, Yeah, so yeah, I'm noticing that it is going to get better even you know, I wouldn't say in the next couple of days or months, because you can't be You're gonna be checking your calendar.
Speaker 1: She's like, she's like you're you're gonna be busy working. It's a busy working girl. I said, I'm not though, like I am, but that's not my path.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think it's like the best. Like I believe in psychics one hundred percent. I believe that most psychics we have access to aren't great psychics. I think they're great people. People think they're great perceptive people. I think they can they're great storytellers. But the spiritual connection I'm not so impressed by. I personally prefer divination. I think that like when I look at someone who reads tea leaves or reads tarot or is able to bridge the gap between what you're able to share what they're able to discern, that feels like it's an intuitive practice that's relying on context, not guess.
Speaker 1: Worse, say the vision.
Speaker 2: And I think that sometimes with the psychic thing, Like people I've talked to who have said their psychics I have said that what they see comes to them in imagery, they have to have to discern. So someone might be like, I see a baby, and that means you're starting something new or you're walking into an opportunity with no information and no context. That's two different things, or you're having a baby, or you're going to meet a baby, and so I feel like if you're not great at discerning, you don't have enough context because the person that you're who's seeing you is like closing you off. So you don't pull out information they don't want to be seen. You end up with this muddied situation where you're like, okay, like she said, pass them, and I do call my mom possum. Whereas if you had gone to an astrologer and they would say, look, we sense patterns in the stars and the moon and where they are in relation to you, and we've sent these patterns for a bajillion years I think it's like fifty thousand years or whatever. So based on pre existing patterns, this is what it could mean for your year. You'd be like, Okay, cool, that's a nice framework or whatever. You take some of your leaves and whatever. Psychic stuff. I'm very mindful people speaking into your existence without context because you don't want to give them information. If you're like, if I give them information, they will know, but it's like just energy energy. I'm not about it.
Speaker 1: Well, Glad I pushed.
Speaker 2: Like Glad I experience because now you understand where I'm coming from. Where I'm like, I think you'd find it much more HELPFULF you went to an astrologer, he was like, oh, you know, if you start in a return next year, this is what that could mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cool, great, Well that's what you're there for, manual labor.
Speaker 2: Yeh.
Speaker 3: Literally, next next time, I'm going to spend it on an end Dodor massage because I had one a few weeks so and it was flash changing so good, Oh my god, and Doda what the fuck?
Speaker 1: So good?
Speaker 3: One hundred and thirty five bucks one hour worth it pre deserve at anyway.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 3: For more, Tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio