Speaker 1: It's the pick up Thursday AVO with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Try the new fragrance DC ten Sport one hundred mil by Dan Carter. That's what the DC stands for, New and Exclusive to Chemists Warehouse. So just forty nine to ninety nine. Now, as you know, I'm the youngest person in the history of the world to ever be on radio.
Speaker 2: YEA, truly, you did just win the Guinness World Record.
Speaker 1: I did. I'm a gen Zetter, I'm on a casp. I can be gen Zet or I can be millennial, but I identify with gen z and especially at the moment with this new trend that is all over TikTok, and I think you two are gonna actually before this girl jobs.
Speaker 3: Not because we're being lazy. It's an anti hustle dig. Back in the day, you would like be the first one into the office and the last one to leave. This is basically saying true workie balance, like all the stuff that I talked about here, working smarter, not harder. I'm saying yes to that learning opportunity because we know it's not just a learning opportunity that would give us a radius. It usually doesn't happen like that, right, they're just getting I just count on labor. Everything that I'm talking about here is considered lazy if you compare it to the toxic corporate expectations.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So now women across the globe are quitting their jobs and getting menial, stress free office jobs, which all that they really need to do is copy and paste sens some emails. They get an hour long lunch break, and they work in nine to five and they check out.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm not about this, she's a twat.
Speaker 4: This is the problem if you're actually happy in your life to go through this with no ambition, no drive, not wanting to actually.
Speaker 2: Do the best that you can do, do it. But that's on you.
Speaker 4: I could think of nothing worse than being an underachiever and taking advantage of people that.
Speaker 2: Are paying me and giving me a job. Sorry, it's canceled the lazy girl for.
Speaker 5: Me, Okay, Britt. I agree with a lot of this. I really do, because I think that there's nothing less attractive than someone who just has zero ambition or desire to do anything like I mean, how boring would it get if you spent all day copying and pasting a couple of emails and listening to podcasts sounds great for a week. Two years of doing that, you're not going to be very inspired by work. But I do think that when we were younger, like when we were in our getting our first jobs in our early twenties and whatnot, the expectation to hustle so hard was almost too much. Like I used to drive two hours two hours to work, two hours home from work to make less than thirty thousand dollars a year and still live with my mother.
Speaker 4: It's not about hustling, it's just about work ethic. Imagine, Laura, you're a business owner. Imagine if you found out that all your employees were in a group text laughing, taking the pierce, that they listen to podcasts, take breaks whenever they want on your money. They do.
Speaker 1: They do because people do that, because we do it. Everyone does it.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I used to work ninety hours a week. This would never put myself in.
Speaker 1: If you go home and bow down to your supervisor and go, I love you a man, I'll kiss your shoes.
Speaker 2: But do you know the amout.
Speaker 4: I worked in a hospital and then went to two other jobs when I wasn't there, and that's not because it's because its work ethic. I want to get a heading life, and that's what you have to do.
Speaker 5: I also think though, that there's a big responsibility that lies on the employer, and it lies on the culture of the company, because if you do have people who are truly lazy in your office environment, those people stand out like a sore thumb. So I almost don't blame the people who are kind of the lazy girls and they're brought in the system. It also comes down to the culture of what the company is that you work at.
Speaker 1: I'm also all for it because at the end of the day, you're only going to be abused by someone else. You shouldn't just be allowed to be abused by those that are above you take advantage of them back, reaching the power back your own hands. Because this isn't this She's not going to continue like this for her life. This could be for a three month period while you recover from something. This could be for six months while you save up. You don't have to hustle your whole life. I think it's an empowering choice that someone can.
Speaker 4: Be but it's not about hustling, and God knows where you got abuse from. This has nothing to do with abuse. They're literally just saying, we want to do as little as possible in our life. You can have your nine to five, your Monday to Friday, but still do a good job, put the effort in. You don't have to sit there and literally take advantage of everyone else and be like, I'm going to do nothing and get like they're bragging about the factor that they do nothing for a good paycheck and I'm not about it.
Speaker 5: And I agree that big thing is is that this is the this is the environment on TikTok, on social media where people see these aspirational lifestyles and they think, how can I achieve that with doing the least amount possible? And I do think that that's where the comparison culture of social media comes into play. And also it sets a super unrealistic expectation. Most people can't just have pushy jobs and get paid to do nothing. No, people build houses, people have got to go to work, they've got to be plumbers, they've got to do all many different things.
Speaker 2: People just sit and push a couple of emails.
Speaker 1: I know it. On the flip side of that, imagine being these people watching influences get paid one hundred thousand dollars for one Instagram post. Why why should then other people be allowed to go and do a nine to five and have to hustle and work under someone and work hard in respect to.
Speaker 2: Start their own business.
Speaker 4: If they want me to not take advantage of someone else's money and then go see how hard you actually have.
Speaker 1: To get a lazy girl job and do it on the side, I'm all for this is why I'm gen Z and I fully identify. You guys are boomers. I've understood, and I'm a gen Z and I connect with.
Speaker 2: I think what we're hearing is you're lazy. Yeah, I own a couple of businesses and you would be fine.
Speaker 1: We're done.
Speaker 5: That's us that Alz I would say, it was so nice to end a show on an argument.
Speaker 2: Doesn't know and let's continue. We've got a lot to talk about me. She's like, now I get to wrap there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got a break. I'm putting.
Speaker 5: You talk about this, but you're coming back tonight.
Speaker 2: You're always here. You hustle more than most of us.
Speaker 5: If you be standing of the show, you can catch up on the pick up on our podcast. It's available on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you listening podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and when cold and flu strikes, Demazon gets it done. Always follow the directions for use.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We have our favorite boys other than you, Michtrury, Will and Woody.
Speaker 2: They're going to be driving us home. What do you got for us today? She is when we've got your Taylor Swift tickets.
Speaker 1: And when I say tickets, I mean the plural, guys, A whole row of Taylor Swift tickets we are giving away on our shirt.
Speaker 5: Row row row of tickets.
Speaker 1: Nice. All right, we'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 2: See you guys. Catch a letter