Speaker 1: Laura, come on.
Speaker 2: Friday, feeling my favorite time of the week.
Speaker 3: Yeay, welcome to pick up everyone and heading to Chempus swear house today. Great savings every day Britain, Laura, have we all at one point in our lives? We're all in a relationship at the moment, all three of us. Have we been on the apps?
Speaker 1: The dating apps that a sink Jo Brittany is the dating app I have iris.
Speaker 2: My thumbs listen.
Speaker 3: The reason I ask all this is because today on the show, we have Tinder's most swiped man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fourteen thousand, six hundred right swipes, the most wipe man in the whole world, which I would I want to know, Like, what is so good about your bio that is making every single woman swipe?
Speaker 2: Yes? I reckon, I reckon. His radius is just open, like one hundred million, fourteen thousand swifes sounds. It gives me anxiety.
Speaker 3: We'll be the judge. He's joining us and it's on zoom, so we'll actually get to see what he looks like, which is the best part.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I need to get your opinion on something because I'm currently in a little bit of an argument, not really like a soft argument, gentle argument with Matt about parenting. This is the first time that we have not seen eye to eye on what's the best approach in terms of building resilience in kings or I can't even keep my plant alive. You're talking to the wrong people for parenting. Well, I need some help, she is.
Speaker 3: You might be on the app sooner than we think. No, that's a big debate. We'll have it next on the pickup. Plus, don't forget if you want to fly to the UK for the King's Coronation. We've got your tickets to go direct to London in the next fifteen minutes. It's the pick up Friday afternoon around the country. Britt, Laura, Mitch, we're all here bit a role call here, present, present, present in the studio. Listen. If you're stuck on a Mother's Day gift, Chemist Warehouse has you covered with big brand fragrances at the lowest prices. Chemist Warehouse got great savings every day.
Speaker 2: Guys, I'm gonna fight with my darling husband at the moment now it's not really a fight, but very recently Matt has decided that he wants to teach Mally May. She's three and a half, she's always four. She's very good at swimming, she's very good at balancing. Matt wants to teach her how to surf because he's a surfer. It's something he loves doing, and he's always envisaged that he would have kids who can serve so they can go together.
Speaker 1: You live on the beach, so it makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, So we went to the beach. Matt took Mollie May down to the ocean edge. She was so excited about it. He had this one, like you know those really massive boards that literally a hippopotamus could stand on top of it and it wouldn't go under get a male, Yeah, like a big board, so it was really safe for her. She had a vest on and everything. Anyway, we get down there and she gives it one try and obviously couldn't do it, because who the hell can stand up on the first try of serving, especially when you're four. She went from absolutely loving it, being so excited to hate it, like she did not want to do it. She was scream him. She was like, I'm not I don't want to do this anymore. And Matt I got really emotional because I was like, let's just stop. If she doesn't want to do it, let's stop. There's no need to force her into doing something that she doesn't want to do. Now, the argument that Matt and I got into was I very much approached our parenting style as like gentle parenting. If the kids don't want to do something, we're just that's fine, they don't have to do it. And Matt turned around and said, at what point do we make them do something that they don't want to do Because it's resilient building, they'll get better at it, they'll learn how to do something, and then they'll enjoy it. And now we're at a bit of lockerheads about this because I don't I don't know. I don't think that we should make them if they don't want to do something. And Matt's like, well, what what about when they don't want to go to school? We're gonna let her cry and then say she doesn't want to go to school.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not a parent neither, as michituary, but I did have to just google gentle parenting because it's actually a thing. It's a it's a form of positive parenting that emphasizes understanding in child's behavior through empathy and respect, giving choices versus commands, and responding in a way that considers a child's intellectual and development levels. So it's it's literally sounds like it's just letting the child do what they want. No, it's not completely letting a child do what they want, but you don't. You have to when they're upset about the validate the therap set.
Speaker 2: You listen to it. But the thing is is that every so often there's gonna be things that you kind of have to make them do. I ego to school surfing. I think, pick your battles. We don't need to make her surf. But I guess the thing with kids is like they're never gonna like something when they first start doing it if they're no good at it. And then you try and then you get a little bit better at it, and it's as you start to develop your skills that then you actually really enjoy something. And Matt's mentality was like, well, I didn't enjoy surfing when I started because I was terrible at it, and then as soon as I got good, I loved it.
Speaker 1: My parents made me do things, but only to a They made me do it for X amount of weeks or time and then I could decide. And I think that's why. So I did like I did martial arts, and I did I did surfing. I did loads of stuff, a lot of boy sports, surf life saving, but they were always like Dad was like, you need to do surf life saving for two months, and then if you don't want to do it anymore, you don't have to. But the idea was I'd learn to swim, I'd learn to save my life, and then if I didn't want to do it, and I quite I dropped out.
Speaker 2: I hated surf life saving, so I stopped straight away.
Speaker 1: But the idea is you do it for long enough to get semi good at it, and then you can decide what you want to do. Because like you just said, she's never got a love surfing. And I think, honestly, kids are wrapped in cotton wool these days, that is what I think. I think kids are giving too much leeway to do whatever the hell they want. They speak rudely, now, they argue, they don't they feel like they're way more entitled. I don't think there's anything wrong with giving a child who's literally learning about the world some direction and some guidance and saying, you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm the parent.
Speaker 1: We do what I want to do, not what you want to do because you're kicking in.
Speaker 3: Scrabb I had friends growing up that had a Brittany Hockley for a mum, and I was terrified to go over because I got missus smith, can I have a snack? And she'd go, weat bits with no milk. I don't care if you're.
Speaker 2: Child milk, that's not me.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I just don't think the child should should be the one dictating life to the parents.
Speaker 2: That's all I think.
Speaker 1: And I might change when i'm a parent, I will say that, but for now, I think, put the kids outside, let them play, you tell them when they go to school, you tell them wh it's time to eat dinner or.
Speaker 3: This is classic non parent. I'm just saying I'm staying neutral in this film.
Speaker 2: You Switzerland, I think like, where's the line. Where's the line between like acknowledging and accepting that kids have their own boundaries and they don't want to do things, and then also being like I don't care you're doing it.
Speaker 3: Nah.
Speaker 1: I think it's in this particular case. I don't think that if she's literally having a band in his dad, I don't think you drag her back out there and make her do it. But I think you say, let's try it again tomorrow. I think if she's actually hyperventilating, you don't.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Let me be clear. The kids not Matt to not like get on their surfboard or don't come home.
Speaker 3: Structure to it.
Speaker 2: Just like I think I just cave too early. I like, as soon as they cry about anything, I'm like, let's not make them do it. But to be honest, the only thing my kids want to do is sit at home and iPad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, right, every kid wants to do that. Even I want to do that the same. You can't wait for the day Britt has kids. We all turn up and they're laying bricks and making Rabioli Lily No, you laugh, you laugh, Knitty, and you're all going to say, I wish I was more life. Britt, we walk in there was all right, everybody. Next on the show, if you'd like to go to London to see the King's coronation, we've got your tickets to win him. Next, it's the pick Up Friday Afternoon with Britt Laura and Mitch where here thanks to chemist Warehouse head in today. Great savings at chemist ware House every day.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: It's no secret that I was single for a very long time, a solid decade. I was on the app swiping left, right and senate. I came across a lot of people in that time. One person did not come across is a man by the name.
Speaker 2: Of Stephan Pierre Tomlin. He's thirty two.
Speaker 1: He is the most swiped person in the world on Tinder. That was in twenty seventeen, fourteen thousand, six hundred right swipes. I want to know how the hell someone does that, so I decided to call him.
Speaker 3: He's in London, Hy, Pierre Stefan. How are you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Really well, thanks thanks for having me guys.
Speaker 2: I need to know how on earth is it even remotely possible to have fourteen thousand matches?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: How much time do you spend on Tinder in order to rack up that many swipes?
Speaker 4: Do you know what? Yeah? Obviously it became in a bit of a game for me at the time. I spent probably about two hours a day wow on Tinder back in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 3: Wow, Stephan Pierre, I need to know people in the car would be thinking what the hell does this guy look like? Because to get that many right swipes right froo to one on the apps, right is yes, left is no. So I mean, how tall are you? Do you want to? I mean, you're handsome, You've got beautiful, beautiful eyes, white teeth.
Speaker 4: I'm currently well, I'm six foot two and a half. I've been a fashion model for six and a half, sorry, thirteen years. Signed. I've worked with some big brands like D Squared, DORMONI, Berbery.
Speaker 1: Let us know what your profile is like because you've i mean fourteen thousand, six hundred people swipe right, so give us some tips. What are your picks like and what you buy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the first picture was a professional one is a portrait photo of myself. The bio is quite snappy. I think I had a little joke in there. The pictures have to be really used to be careful not to have your friends in the pictures because then it becomes a game of like where's Wally? And if we've got hobbies as well, so mine's flying. So I had quite a few pictures of me flying as well, and then you sort of attract people into aviation. But I mean, if you're like into horse riding, then it's always recommended to put a picture of your hobby in as well. Always helps.
Speaker 2: So in order to go through the many swipes and matches, did you have your like parameters set to everything? Were you like you can be up to a hundred and live in Spain?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What was your parameters for dating? Were they very wide or was it narrow?
Speaker 4: Yeah? They were quite wide. Actually, I think at that time I was probably eighteen, not to forty five?
Speaker 2: Forty five?
Speaker 4: And how old were forty five?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a widemit.
Speaker 4: I'm actually helping unfortunate men. So I'm using AI chatpt and some special AI prompts. We basically ask them for photos and we put them through. We put them through the software and it makes about forty to forty five AI generated pictures and so it helps with Some people say catfishing, but I don't think it is. It's just yeah, it's just being ahead of the game.
Speaker 1: Really, but it's changing their picture.
Speaker 2: How much does it change?
Speaker 4: But if you compare it in comparison to like in the past, then I was swiping. There was a lot of girls that use filters, right.
Speaker 3: Oh I get his No, I get his porn. Yeah. Girls, yeah, and guys yeah, I mean.
Speaker 4: Those filters attracting a certain type of guy, right that that that's exactly the same thing.
Speaker 1: Don't you feel like you Yeah, you turned up and you were like, hey, you tricked me with your filters. Don't you think you're tricking people now with my band filters?
Speaker 4: Well? Yeah, yeah, I kind of felt like that at some stage. By at the end of the day, you still bag the date.
Speaker 2: In the door.
Speaker 3: There he is, mister Tinder, Tinder's most white man's to find. Pierre Tomlin. All right, coming up next on the show, have you reconnected with a long lost sibling? That's what we're after. Have you not grown up lived your life not knowing you have family out there in the world, only to discover they've been there the whole time. That is what we're after, and we'll unpacket next to the pickup. It's the pick up Friday afternoon, Britt, Laura and Mitch. If you're stuck on a Mother's Day gift chemist Warehouse. Have you covered with big brand fragrances at the lowest prices chemist Warehouse Great savings every day. Look, I want to put the call out thirteen one oh six five. This might seem weird, girls, but go with me. Have you been reconnected with a long lost family member?
Speaker 2: Is this the show you've been talking about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm one of those annoying people that like, find a new show and I get hooked and I tell everyone in my life about it. It's on Stan I mean, everyone has stand but it's called Sisters with the Capitalist. I got a little bit of the trailer to play for you because it is. It's so good, and it's essentially that.
Speaker 1: Imagine that your dad died, and then that your mom died.
Speaker 2: Something I need to tell you about your father, And.
Speaker 3: Then if you found out that if you had a dad and he lived across the world, wouldn't you at least want to meet him?
Speaker 2: Well, that's my father's when that there is what? I have a sister, my sister.
Speaker 1: Right, and you're a Jewish singer something Jewish business or go on?
Speaker 2: Could you imagine growing up thinking, like thinking your whole identity is wrapped up in this one thing, and then finding out as an adult that actually, you know, you have a sister, or your dad is still alive or something. Do you know what someone in my life. I don't want to out who it is exactly. That they found out when they were an adult that their mother was actually their sister and their grandmother was actually their mother. WHOA isn't that messed up?
Speaker 1: My friend found out as well, but their dad wasn't their dad and they had another dad out there. Then they had to go find the real dad.
Speaker 3: This happens more of.
Speaker 2: Who keeping these skeleton?
Speaker 4: Why are you.
Speaker 2: Lying you well?
Speaker 3: Producer Tony said, she's got someone Natalie's joining us? Is this right? Natalie's on thirteen one O six five. Hi Natalie? Did you reconnect with a family member that went walkabouts?
Speaker 5: So? I was doing family history for my partner at the time, and I found an army record for his grandfather and found a marriage on there that we didn't know about, and a child that we weren't that we hadn't heard of. And so it was his mother's my partner's mother's half sister that we found. So I pretty much used ancestry to find their marriage records and the births of her children and tracked them down on Facebook.
Speaker 2: Did you meet them in real life or did you just connect with them on Facebook?
Speaker 5: We well, they lived in England, so we about eighteen months after we got in touch with them, we flew over to England with my mother in law and we went and met them.
Speaker 1: So sorry, just I feel like I missed the connection there. Who are the family members that you discovered?
Speaker 5: It was my mother in law's half sister.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, So and what's their relationship like?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Are they friends? Are they keep in contact?
Speaker 5: Well, she was my mother in law's half sister was terminal with cancer, so she actually passed away about twelve months after we went to England to meet her.
Speaker 3: Beautiful to have that experience though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she was such a lovely lady and her children really reached out and saying to me, they said that the reason she held on for so long was because of she got to meet her half sisters and they were part of her life. They would talk every day.
Speaker 3: So wow, it was really wetly. So you're saying the mother in law was sixty seven when she found out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she was about sixty seven and her half sister was in her mid seventies.
Speaker 1: It's like beautiful that they met and they you know, got that time together. But much sixty seven years to be like, oh my god, there's I have another family.
Speaker 3: But I was like half class full. At least she got to have that experience before she passed away. That's amazing exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to catch up on where I, well, do you know about the marriage? Like, did no one know that that marriage existed or that he had another relationship prior?
Speaker 5: No, So we only had an inkling about it when we applied for our British passports and my husband, my partner at the time, had to get his mother's birth certificate and we realized that her parents weren't married when she was born, which was a surprise to her. And it was only a little bit more digging that we did that we found that he had been married previously, so we think they never got divorced and that's why he couldn't remarry.
Speaker 2: Now, I wonder if she even knew, Like you hear these family secrets and family stories and you're like, who knew and who was who was kind of kept in the dark with all this.
Speaker 3: I wonder that's.
Speaker 5: Instant there was a half sister knew that her father had had a son, but didn't know about her half sisters and obviously didn't know any names. Or anything. So she lived a whole life knowing she had a half brother out there.
Speaker 1: I reckon there's a lot of people out there in this situation, you know, I reckon a lot of people have long lost siblings.
Speaker 3: DMS at the pickup if something like this has happened to you, because these are so interesting.
Speaker 2: I think it's harder and harder though now because now with like the Internet and Facebook and everything else, things are an ancestry ancestry dot com. People can't have double lives and separate families. People.
Speaker 3: I don't trust humans the dms. This could be a good investigative series for us. We could picture to sixty minutes. Anyway, I'm getting aead of myself. You need to go and watch Sisters on Stand. It's phenomenal. So just go and watch that. This afternoon. We will be back and Will and Wood you are up next
Speaker 2: To Hey, you guys, have a good afternoon, My guys,