Speaker 1: People do some weird shit.
Speaker 2: Television legend Carrie Ane Kenney sell several meters from a trapeze while performing in the musical Pivot.
Speaker 1: Sell the things make more sense than others. Bring Pikes, nurseries, mercury pikes, p y k e.
Speaker 3: S Hey, why.
Speaker 1: I hey, as in kill hey, why.
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Bless yourself for the rude shocks of young adults school.
Speaker 4: Why is your life so expensive?
Speaker 1: I'm not even having a good times, just a couple of mitches.
Speaker 4: What about me? Don't forget who he is?
Speaker 1: Maturely and yes that's us here.
Speaker 4: We are welcome to the show, every one. Groundskeeper Jenna, our third wheel is here as alway, Hi.
Speaker 1: Hi, Jennifer, beat again from home.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm really milking this hole surgery sorting back again.
Speaker 1: Could you still look and blot at those?
Speaker 4: And you know that's just my natural fat. At this point I was joking, I was.
Speaker 1: You're beautiful.
Speaker 4: The stomach bloating has gone down. Beautiful him Now, Jenna, I believe you've had a much better week than last week. Facebook has unbanned news site, so that'll make your job a lot easier.
Speaker 1: Were you still writing articles in the hope that it would come up at any point or were you really?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Well, because the news articles that Jenna writes also come up in Google News, right, so from Google a headline yours will be one that comes up.
Speaker 1: Oh true, it was just faal.
Speaker 5: But traffic dropped by like seventy five percent. Jesus, we needed Facebook.
Speaker 4: So sounds like she's in a helicopter. Traffic dropped twenty I'm asoom.
Speaker 1: How past your road have you by? Percent?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Good for you, Jenna, that's great.
Speaker 4: Actually running late today because of traffic. I was driving back from Newcastle.
Speaker 1: Yeah you bogan Gate, Aye.
Speaker 4: You guys. I wasn't in Bogenate and I was in Newcastle. I said that.
Speaker 1: Oh I was actually quite Yeah, you actually did say Newcastle.
Speaker 4: Me to my own house. I felt I was humiliated. Somebody prides myself on being prompt. I was in Newcastle babysitting though. You know my niece and nephew.
Speaker 1: Yes, shout out. They're very big now and I know.
Speaker 4: They're growing up quick. Obviously I wasn't babysitting by myself. The grandparents, my parents were there. Thank god. I couldn't do that by myself.
Speaker 1: You could have had an internal bleed at any mummy, You've got you.
Speaker 4: Exactly, But God, I'll tell you love them both to death. But Noah was being a bit of a pain my nephew, the older one. Yeah, the older one, because his parents were at a wedding. That's why I will babysitting. And it came time for bedtime. Nana Jane, my mother, Yeah, Nana Jane was reading a bedtime story and she's reading it to him and he goes, no, that's not how mummy reads it.
Speaker 3: That's not the right.
Speaker 4: Story, and was like, I'm reading it word for word, bro, what are you talking about? And then Mum says, oh, Nicole must paraphrase it so that the story is shorter.
Speaker 1: Smart, and she's.
Speaker 4: Like, Noah's too smart, Like he actually calls me out in it, whereas Mom's like, oh, I used to do that to your kids all the time, but you're too fucking stupid to realize. But I was too smart. He realizes that's not the same story mummy reads me. Yeah, So I spoke to my sister on the phone. I said, oh, your son's distraught. Next time you're going to spin your own bullshit in the bedtime story? Can you let us know, because it's a disaster on our en.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: I hope you're enjoying the wedding, but it's a disaster, and she goes, no, no, no, no, no. He does that to me too. He's just going through this weird phase where he refuses to believe what I read. She reads it word for word too, and he just goes, nah, no, that's not it. No, I didn't seven to four, And I'm like, how have you raised such a little cynic? He's three. He's going to grow up to be like an anti vaxxer. He just refuses to believe facts like, oh, this little piggy went to market. No, we didn't. No, we didn't he drive?
Speaker 1: No, I got to sleep.
Speaker 4: Jack and Jill went up the hill. Bullshit, they did not.
Speaker 1: You're trying to make me leave to fetch your pail of water. Really couldn't go to the shop to get one. No, where'd you get the accent from black sheep? Have you any wool?
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, yes, no, I've heard otherwise. Bullshit, you're lying.
Speaker 1: Twinkle Twinkle, little Star. I've never seen them twinkle really, Yeah, they're pretty staggering into the sky. They don't really sparkle. Okay, how I wonder what you are? Well to start toget you just said it. Jesus, it's getting really aggressive.
Speaker 4: But it's like, how about we say this debate for when you learn the alphabet your clowns. Yeah, I'm actually I can read. I'm like you, so I know what the page says. Don't argue with you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly. The spider, what did the inuency? Spiders went up the water spout rubbish, rubbish, bullshit, she went show me pictures.
Speaker 4: I refuse to believe that. Do you hear me? I refuse?
Speaker 1: Okay, bro, don't it's too smart.
Speaker 4: Good for him though, It's just like, where's the evidence?
Speaker 1: What's what about the what's the porridge? One? One of those they were foxes, not bears, and she ate all the porige, the fat bitch.
Speaker 4: And it just made me realize because I'm turning twenty five this year, that's how old my sister was. I'm pretty sure when she had kids, and so I'm like, I'm definitely not ready for that, because if they called me on my bullshit, I'd argue back, yeah, whereas Nicole just goes, oh, you know, he's just tired. It's fine. I just go with it, and I'm like, I would argue back. I'd be like, shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: It's written here, an inky bitch. You read it. Oh you can't read good night.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to take my word for it.
Speaker 1: Ya. Oh my god. I don't know what you'd be like as a dad. I think it'd be good.
Speaker 4: I like to think that some like switch in my brain would be flicked or I would just become less garbage of a person. Yeah, but right now, I'm definitely not equipped to parent.
Speaker 1: I don't think I could handle having my kids not like me. I don't know what I do.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I think about that because I'm a bit of a like asshole to my mother for no good reason. I've had a bad day. I might take it out on her and she just cops it because she's like whatever, I'm a mum. That happens, yeah, And I'm like, I would not stand for that. If they were taking their shit out of me, be like, fuck, you get off my property.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my dad was like that. Though my dad were you guys smacked? I mean it was a different time, guys.
Speaker 4: It was the late nineties, not like belted like, you know, beyond belief, But there was definitely it was more the threat. Yes, Like sometimes my grandmother would just get the wooden spoon off the wall that hung in the kitchen with pride, like the trophy. She just take the spoon off. We'd go, fuck, she's got the spoon.
Speaker 1: Your grandma.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But you know the funny thing is that my dad said too, because she He used to get hit with the wooden spoon and punishment when he was a child, and he said to my grandmother, if you ever hit my children with that wooden spoon, I'm going to hit you with it.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: If we ever went home and went dad and Nan was with the spoon, he'd go up there and be like right. Funnily enough, we never got hit with the wooden spoon.
Speaker 1: Really. I was belted with an actual RM. William spelt but the buckle like that's inhumane. I was branded. I had R. M. Williams on my backside.
Speaker 3: He couldn't even walk.
Speaker 1: It was really bad. I had handmarks on my butt. It was so bad. I had that cry that's really guttural, that makes you lose your breath when you get that's really really in.
Speaker 3: Your bedroom slam the door, like, yeah, you'd.
Speaker 1: Sit on your bed, then you'd get over it, and then you'd forget.
Speaker 3: And then you'd think, what would happen if I just died?
Speaker 1: May I didn't get there?
Speaker 4: We've all been there, we're all friends.
Speaker 3: How would they feel then?
Speaker 4: Plus being whipped with a belt, that's nothing. Jennet In one of her past life her parents used to subject her to Chinese water torture. If yes, she's steal the loaf of bread, and they'd be like, get under the dress, yep, put.
Speaker 1: The towel on your face. You know what this means?
Speaker 3: Happened at least at least twice a week.
Speaker 1: It would, Yeah, and it's just sad.
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, hi everyone, welcome to the show. And this is just me proudly brought to you.
Speaker 4: By Red Rooster. This week we could say that officially for the first time ever.
Speaker 1: That doesn't it feel good?
Speaker 4: I consider it back pay for all the free promotion we've given Red Rooster overtime. But you guys, Red Rooster are officially sponsoring the show.
Speaker 1: God, yes, very that we highlights it really is? So yes?
Speaker 4: Is it just me brought to you by Red Ruths or a later one. We'll be doing red Ruthter reviews. Of course, we read out the reviews and we sent a price.
Speaker 1: Yes, some Red Rooster swag, maybe some food, who knows. If you lucky, we'll send it out.
Speaker 4: We're also going to be listening to all the other is It Just Me? Podcast? As it turns out, it's not just us. So there were four other is It Just Me? When we launched, we became the fifth. Since we launched a year and a half or so ago, there has now been more people getting amongst us, so many other podcasts with the same name. We're going to be seeing what we're up against a bit later on.
Speaker 1: Now some of the competition as well, have perished. They haven't made it a podcast that we're there, have not stood the test of time.
Speaker 4: We crushed them.
Speaker 1: We have crushed and I'll have you know that. When we started, remember we were like fourth. You'd search is It Just Me and we'd come up fourth. I can reveal the position that we're at now we've made an improvement. It's awesome. But if it is your first time listening, Hi, welcome Is It Just Me? Every week we bring you to gyms, as we affectionately call them something we that's right, we have something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. I'm ready to go. First, this is fresh in my mind. This it came to me last night in a fever dream. I'm ready to go. Are you happy if I start the shark?
Speaker 4: Of course, darling, be my guess.
Speaker 1: Here we go? Is it just me? Do you miss school uniforms?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 4: They were so uncomfortable? Oh no, I love it? Why?
Speaker 1: Oh? I First of all, I just love having to wear the same thing every day that at its core, maye, I just every day I wear a black shirt and jeans, and I just revolve jeans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the argument that comes up every time someone's like, why can't we be like America and have no uniforms because they're equalizers? Correct, But they are fucking uncomfy, So I don't miss them at all.
Speaker 1: No, but my school uniform was I mean I went to a public school. We had, you know, shorts and a T shirt. That was it. But one of those like polo shirts with a really thin, breezy material.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 1: I love that too. What didn't you like did you have to wear a blazer?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: I used to love that. But then my parents moved me to a fucking private school, didn't they.
Speaker 1: Oh see, that's the difference.
Speaker 4: And let's not lose sight of the fact that I was a fat kid, and so there's nothing worse than a button up on a fat kid. I just think about being so uncomfy on a hot day with the bringing button ups clinging to my gut. Yeah, and the tie yeah.
Speaker 1: The no, but no, I'm not talking like that kind.
Speaker 3: Of pends on the uniform.
Speaker 5: Like even if work had a uniform and where it was just like a top, some pants.
Speaker 1: Or something, yeah, I mean overarching uniform. Would you love to just say aarn where we all work at the radio station. If they said everyone has to wear a T shirt it can be any color, and shorts or jeans any color. That's it every day, nothing else.
Speaker 3: I would actually love it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 4: I mean I've gotten away with wearing like basically what I wear to bed to work in all honesty, people don't dress up in radio no.
Speaker 3: Like my team they do, do they? Yes?
Speaker 7: Not?
Speaker 1: No, you're right, Amanda and Jones. You do get quite dressed, yes.
Speaker 3: And their producers yeah, they do.
Speaker 1: Actually, at your point, I've noticed that.
Speaker 4: Very fairy because because we worked for rival stations in the same building over on the Kiss side where we are Mitchell, we are way more sloppy than ws, aren't we.
Speaker 1: Oh one, there was a rumor that we weren't allowed to wear shorts for years, and I couldn't give a ship I was shot together?
Speaker 4: Did I can confine?
Speaker 1: I completely agree.
Speaker 4: I remember when I first started at Kids, I'm like, it's an office job. I'm an adult. Now I have to dress up, button ups, like black pants, leather shoes. I've got them all here because I got there on my first day and like the boss looked like he was in a sports uniform. He had like the the adidask tracks and joggers and't just a loose tea on boss?
Speaker 1: Who is that?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say his initials. You could have just said initials, but I was like, if the boss can dress casual, yeah, and I can. It's fine.
Speaker 1: There's just something about opening a wardrobe and all being the same enough. Because for me, I wake up in the morning and I have my shower, which is a process. You know, I'm not easily accessible in every inch You've got a sort of bend and get around it so, but then I got to go, what am I gonna? And it's a process and I just don't enjoy it. So I'd love to have black black that's it. That a set And it was so freeing last night. In the middle of speeches, I had these little booty shots on because I never mentioned that I went to a party last night. It was year sixteen, so you had to go. You had to go. Is something you'd wear to a year six disco? So I thought, well, old go was what I was in year six the overachieving extracurricular student that has just come from a dance or a drama rehearsal and has come to the dance in their dance costume and with their bedgers on.
Speaker 4: What sort of extracurricular shit did you do?
Speaker 1: I think I have a photo ready, I'll pass it around. So went home to Crinella. I've got all my badges, which were on a Teddy bear. You know when you graduated, you six, you had a white bear and everyone would sign it. I had twelve badges.
Speaker 4: Oh, let me guess it would have been like Tournament of the Mind, public speaking theater, sports y Yeah, yeah, Tess, were you into chess?
Speaker 1: No, I wasn't into chairs. These are the three that I took because Mum said, no, no, no, I'm keeping those to give to your kids. What my kids want with my counsel of ribbon anyway, So these are the three that I wore school captain of course, which is on the collar, woman on the collar, oh the dangly bit. And then these were the other two counselor and library monitor.
Speaker 4: What the fuck do they mean?
Speaker 1: I don't really remember monitoring the library.
Speaker 4: I know exactly what that would have meant.
Speaker 1: I was in the library if.
Speaker 4: You could just keep it down.
Speaker 1: You think they had me whispering.
Speaker 4: Be that one, but I mean quite over here.
Speaker 1: I have you read to that Dragonology or are you just taking it off the shell? It was big, because, oh wizard it's a great read, girls, but you have to check it out with coral at the front desk.
Speaker 4: I was more of an Egyptology, I could tell.
Speaker 1: I had all of them. I had the one with a gem on the fron I think they all had gems on Wizodology. Wizardology is good. Dragonology. Would you have jenner wich Ology?
Speaker 5: Actually, I'm pretty sure there was which one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had purple color. Yeah, that was beautiful.
Speaker 5: But I was in the library committee and I'm admitted responsible for dressing up as the book week Club thing characters, and I made a mistake one day, accidentally took the head off in front of it kindergarten student and pretty much crushed their dream.
Speaker 4: Oh they take that shit very soon, They really do it.
Speaker 5: She started crying and saying, there's no such thing as the school bear.
Speaker 3: It's high for a year six.
Speaker 4: Any young people listening right now, cover there is because spoiler alert, The Sunrise cash Cow is someone in costume. You know that bloody that give away money on TV.
Speaker 1: The mascot for seven now.
Speaker 4: Yes, So do you remember, Mitch, you've done our radio station mascot's cash cock. Remember when we went and filmed that video at Channel seven. You collapsed the cash cock meets cash Cow.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: And they had all these procedures and measures to make sure that there was never any footage released of the person without the thing on. They were like all cameras down, like they were so strict about us never getting the cash cow out of cost Like they take it real seriously, Young kids get crushed, Jenna.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, cow is walking to the other cam. They got very friendly. But recently the cash cow was unmasked on TV. Remember they were so excited to give away one hundred grand that they pushed their cow head off and it was some gay intern. It's ridiculous. And anyway, I wish I had a school uniform. I just I would love it, or just any kind of uniform.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 1: Anyway, got it off my chest. Your turnmich Is it just me?
Speaker 4: Would you love to live in a retirement home? Not now? Not now, though, I mean now, I'm ready thinking about it.
Speaker 3: They have pretty cool facilities.
Speaker 1: You've been through quite a few in your time I have. Are we talking village or like a home?
Speaker 4: Yes, so nursing homes. I'm pretty sure that's where it's basically just a long hallway with a bunch of bed that's kind of hospitalsque. I don't mean that. I mean like it's almost like a resort. Everyone's got their own little unit and the car port. You still got all the perks of, like having the nurses checking them on your stuff. But I've realized that that's actually where I would thrive, that would actually suit my lifestyle right now perfectly, Because you know, I've been spending the last couple of weeks on sick leave after my appendix's removal. And as much as I love my independence and I don't I at this point, I'm just like, I can't imagine having a partner or dating someone having someone around all the time. As much as I love my independence, I'm like, God, sometimes i just really want someone to look after me. I'm sick of doing everything myself. I just want to kick back and have a nurse wipe my arm, like you know what I mean, Like, I just don't want to do everything right. And so I was watching this TV show. Have you heard of the End?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh, I've heard of it. I've never seen it.
Speaker 4: It's on Foxtail and it's like an Australian one, and it had that cliche storyline of where the grandmother gets so upset. I can't believe you're putting me into a home classic I'm you know, I'm I'm fine, Yeah, that sort of thing, and I'm like, you shut your mouth. It looks awesome. They had like craft club, they had like all these activities and things relighted me of O week when I was joining everyone, yes, and I was like, I'm so ready for that, because you've still got the independence. It was like your own little villa. But then you've got other people looking after you, and there's a sense of community. You've got the clubs and you've got fucking school kids coming to sing your Christmas carols and shit, I'm so down for that. I'm red deep. But so you have your own house essentially on the show, yes, and I'm sure there's other setups like that.
Speaker 1: They look price it's reality. This isn't scripted reality.
Speaker 4: It's a no, it's not a reality shows. It's a drama. It's got Oh. By the way, this is another Oh. She used to be on Play School. I remember her from that, which is why it was quite confronting to see her tits. Like there's four in lesbian scenes with Nony Hazel Hurt from Play School. She spends the whole time fucked up, like it's just blazed, like getting stoned by the pool, making love as an old lady lesbian. And I was just like, that's that's who I meant to be, not when I'm old.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, I'm ready. The thing is I read an expose a about the truth in nursing homes, the truth about sex and STI the aging population want to remain active. The highest rate of STIs in Australia above teens and youth is in retirement homes.
Speaker 4: Really, they're all rooting.
Speaker 1: Each other, silly, Wow, why would they not? You know, their life partners have probably deceased or in a vegetative state. You can't consent if you're a cabbage. So so they're all sleeping with each other. But they all don't care about the ramifications. I aren't using protection, so they're all getting STDs.
Speaker 4: That's wild. Yeah, yeah, I feel like nursing homes they're a bit they're a bit different to retirement villages. Like, I don't want to glorify nursing homes too much because I've heard some I remember seeing some like seven thirty report about like nursing staff who are like a bit too rough and like the old people get bruised.
Speaker 3: And t TV.
Speaker 4: Yeah, stuff like that. And one of my friends worked in a nursing home and she couldn't do it anymore because she was like, like they just kept dying. I'd get attached and like I feel like that part wouldn't be fun, all me mates around me carking it. But the retirement village situation. I reckon, I'm ready for that.
Speaker 1: Also, shout out to age care workers. That's a tough gig, especially the dementia ward. I mean, I've been in there, and oh my god, it's hard to shout out. You do an incredible job, which.
Speaker 4: Actually further emphasizes my argument. Why not make your life easier as an aged care worker by opening it up to young people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you could entertain them. You could put on little shows. You could teach you how to TikTok. You'd have to pretend you're straight, but they'd probably think you're a woman. To be honest, I could teach some could teach some bars, and I could do clowning exercises with them. Should we call one?
Speaker 4: I was hoping you would.
Speaker 1: Should we call I could call on as top Wigans and see if he has an act.
Speaker 4: Made an appearance in season three of this podcast, You're Able to No, don't.
Speaker 1: Do this, she's here.
Speaker 4: I hate it when you do this part the alter ego. I prefer it when you just make the call and become dot that she's tripped over get when he pretends she's in the room and they're different. People just own it. It's you.
Speaker 3: Why are you tapping?
Speaker 1: That was her walking? Come to the microphone. Here's this one. There's bedroom smells. I know the bed pan underneath.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hi, Dot, how are you poor?
Speaker 1: Boy? This boy's right, it's a boy. How are you dear?
Speaker 4: I'm good? I was just can you can you call a retirement village and find out? Actually? I think first and foremost you should find out do you need to be obld to live there?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 4: Can I apply? Is there an age limit? And then also like what facilities do they have? What I'm signing up for?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: Do they have a pool? They have a mezzanine bar?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've just found a number for one.
Speaker 4: Jenna, are you showing initiative? I don't even ask you to google that?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm very interested in this, and I want to not.
Speaker 1: I thought you were a statue, didn't talking.
Speaker 4: Maybe if Jenna and I pretend we're an elderly couple, we can moving together.
Speaker 1: That is with that voice that throws them off, understand.
Speaker 3: Call it it.
Speaker 4: Can't do this, Theresa, Good afternoon, Trenath.
Speaker 1: The manna is Dot Wiggans. How are you watch your name?
Speaker 8: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Dot Wiggins? Are d o t Wiggins.
Speaker 8: I've got I got I got it dot. Sorry I just didn't get it first time around.
Speaker 1: No, no, no issue, very good fair shoosing names. Sometimes people say do some of the people say Diana and I I'd love to be Diana. She was beautiful, but I'll be dark. I have a few questions in regards to the facility.
Speaker 8: Sure, how can I help you?
Speaker 1: Do you have a pool?
Speaker 8: We had two pools?
Speaker 1: Oh my, you know you used to be good friends with Dawn Fraser blessed us soul in the swimmer and I used to swim with her, and I think I have never had a pull in my whole life. So that that checks off on the list. In regards to can we.
Speaker 8: Have an indoor pool and we have an outdoor pool?
Speaker 1: You had me at indoor? How exciting? Is there a drinking bar for drink?
Speaker 8: How could we have a resort without having a drinking bark?
Speaker 1: This is going very well. Maybe a sports equipment or I've heard of zoom, zoombra or zumba or a gym facility.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so we have we have a we have a fully equipped gym. We have we have an aerobic room where they do yoga, and I think it's pilardis or like like a Pilards kind of black aerobic aerobic lovely, we have water aerobic in the indoor pool. So at the moment, our bar every Friday night hour, yes, every second Friday night, we have a dinner night or a meal night, however you like to call it.
Speaker 1: If you ask me.
Speaker 8: What they what they? What the current caterer does is on dinner night she does a full menu, and then on the non and on the non dinner night she will do a takeaway menu. Oh my goodness me, a lot of people buy a couple of those takeaway meals and freeze them for the week.
Speaker 1: So, oh dear, that sounds absolutely lush. Well, I appreciate, I appreciate all the facts. This is great to know. Andy, very sorry, sorry, my cat has just coming in the room.
Speaker 8: But we have lots of other lots and lots and lots and lots of other activities throughout the week. There's card planes, there's table tennis, there's craft sessions. They do boring lessons.
Speaker 1: What was my dear.
Speaker 8: My name's Teresa dot who Terresa Tosa?
Speaker 1: Got it? Dear, thank you. I appreciate that question though. What is the age limit for your sort of your grounds.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so you need to be forty five years past and you need to have no children living with you.
Speaker 1: Oh, dear, I was sort of inquiring. My gay little grandson twenty five years old would have loved to give you his business.
Speaker 8: Any five forty five and over? Yeah, so you need to be forty five?
Speaker 1: Goodness means all right, well you know what, you can come and visit and check it out and I'll meet you at that Why you're talking about? All right, I've got everything I need to know. You've been above and beyond.
Speaker 8: Oh, thank you, dear, Thank you. Well, if you'd like to come and have a look at the village, let us know, we'll give you a bit of a guided tour and take it from there.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. I appreciate my love.
Speaker 8: You're welcome, dark take care bye bye.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm shattered. Oh would have been my perfect class style. There was bloody pink pop craft.
Speaker 1: She was really selling it.
Speaker 4: Aerobic aerobic pilates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two poles indoor and indoor and outdoor.
Speaker 4: It's fine. I'll just continue to rotten in my apartment.
Speaker 1: Is it just me? Both mitches are very needy, So make sure you leave a review on your podcast.
Speaker 4: Okay, time for.
Speaker 1: The very first edition of Red Rooster Reviews.
Speaker 4: This is a career highlight officially being sponsored by Red Rooster here on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really is exciting.
Speaker 4: I mean I've been paying Red Rooster's bills for quite some time, so it's only fair that they pay mine back.
Speaker 1: I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 3: I love their best chips.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 4: In the gravy world, which we would have said without a sponsorship, Yeah, yeah, I like the moose in the fridge.
Speaker 1: That's my favorites.
Speaker 4: I haven't had that. Have you had the new Fried Chicken that they've released.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't.
Speaker 3: I haven't even had it.
Speaker 4: So next week we're doing our Mardi Gras hangover show, Yeah, the day after, so maybe I should bring in the Red.
Speaker 1: Rooster just soak up all the alcohol and regret.
Speaker 4: Yes, because, I mean Red Rooster is obviously it's always been my favorite fast food. But the new bloody Fried Chicken, Man, I've got to get you on board.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'm obsessed. Like Jenna said, the chickens great, the Rooster rolls, oh, the chips, chips, I don't listen to genis anyway.
Speaker 4: A taste test next week for you had.
Speaker 1: Me at taste? I'm there, all right, let's read out some reviews and we will send you out some red rooster gear out. This is from Jenny Fabulous. She says, fantastic. I've had to bare myself from listening to this in public. I've caught myself sitting on the train by myself not being able to control my laughter because of the podcast. Oh, Jenny, that's so nice.
Speaker 4: If yeah, Oh, can I just say the mental image of someone not controlling their laughter on a train, it's quite hilarious. It's pretend right now that you're on a plant on a train and you've heard something funny in your headphones and you're not trying to control your laughter.
Speaker 1: Okay, the next station to arrive is Sydenham.
Speaker 4: Oh oh that much very arrogant. Don't hold back, Jenny Fabulous. If you're feeling the need to laugh, it's a compliment, Let it out, get it out.
Speaker 1: We had a user four nine two one seven one. So if that's your name, go for it.
Speaker 4: What's gonna name my first born?
Speaker 1: This is very unique. Nearly had a we they said, mitches and Jenna please start making me laugh so hard I will wean myself if this continues. Love your work, well, we.
Speaker 4: Can't have that. No, we don't want laughing in public. We can take responsibility for that, but public urination and we're not discussing.
Speaker 1: You have to go to the home as well.
Speaker 4: We will send you both out some Red Rooster gear.
Speaker 1: How good.
Speaker 4: You have to get in touch if you hear your review read on the podcast, get in touch with us.
Speaker 1: Yes you DM me. I'm the merch man, which are much to my disdain because I'm terrible at it. But we're out of mugs, so we're now segueing into Red Rooster gear. Thank you to Red Rooster.
Speaker 4: We're on Instagram as well at couple of mitches, so flick a DM if you hear your review, and if you don't have Red Rooster in your area, firstly, we like my heart goes out to you. You're missing out, but we do have plenty more merchant and stuff to send your way, so just hit us up if you hear your review. Read out.
Speaker 1: Now we're moving on to a point in the show, something that we did in our early days and in the inception of the is it just me podcast we did this is It Just Me?
Speaker 4: It's this your weekly fix where we give you know, the very silly, stupid stuff in life that do you gravitas We feel it.
Speaker 1: Deserves, that's right, and that was one of the Is It Just Me that we are cousins with.
Speaker 4: Brothers with yes. Back in episode four, the very early days of this podcast, we realized that we have a lot of people with the same name, and since we've launched a lot of other people have also, I like to think, copied us. So today we're going to be listening to the new is It Just Me? Podcast? Correct, Before we.
Speaker 1: Do that, I have an announcement to me. Last time we checked in, there was about six is It Just Me? Podcasts and we were fourth on the ranking. So when you search it, the tiles, the images, the cover art of the podcast come out, the most popular and the most listened to is first. We were fourth and pleased to announce that we are now top spot where the number one is It Just Me podcast.
Speaker 4: The first one that comes up when you search.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and sorry to Joe Elvin and James Williams who follow us on Instagram. When we did this last time there is It Just Me? Is still number two, so good for them. For them, Sorry we had to kick you off your perch, but you guys do a great job.
Speaker 4: They're the British ones you just heard in the opener. They were our favorites. They were I guess the threat.
Speaker 1: I would say they were our biggest threat. And their podcast is still updated to this day. Their last episode was yeah, not long ago, so they're still they're still kicking.
Speaker 4: So you've been sussing out our new competition. What are we up again?
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, there's a lot I've spent a lot of hours listening to podcasts that quite frankly, don't interest me. Now we have to preface it with this. We're in no way shit canning the shows.
Speaker 4: No, it's actually we're actually trying to take inspiration from the other Is it just me? Remember last time we were trying to be like, Okay, what can we do that they're doing? Can we implement in our show? Rrely copying the.
Speaker 1: Others exactly, And we don't want you to go and give them a one star review. In fact, give them a five star review, but rate them and say is it just me? Mitch and Mitch and Jennet?
Speaker 4: Yes, Remember last time we do dare everyone to go leave a review on the other Is It Just Me? You have to be nice to them but also plug us at the same time. So it's like, oh my god, I love this show. This is the second best Is It Just Me? Trailing behind the one by couple of mitches?
Speaker 1: Yes, correct and give them a four start and knock them down and atch you. I'll give him something to work towards. All right. This is the newest rendition of the Is It Just Me? Podcast? And it is one, two, three, four, five sixths in the pecking order. Okay, so it's not doing bad.
Speaker 3: It's got potential.
Speaker 1: It's got a lot of potential.
Speaker 4: How recent was their most recently?
Speaker 1: Their most recent episode was the twenty second of December twenty twenty, so they're probably still in their Christmas break. You know, they could still be to be resting. This is Just Me with Jess and Luke the Motorsport podcast. Now I know you thinking what. Here's a little taste of how their show starts every week.
Speaker 9: Hello and welcome to the Is It Just Me? Podcast with Jess and Luke. On this show, we take a look at the f one headlines that have everyone talking, tweeting, and debating and throwing some spice with your hot takes on F one's hot topics. I'm Jess Motus what networks are, a resident Twitter addict.
Speaker 4: And I'm Luke Altosports Formulam reporter tracking all of the latest F one news and gossips straight from the paddock.
Speaker 1: There you go. So that's how they start every week.
Speaker 4: Okay, so far, so good. It is the name doesn't actually how does it correlate?
Speaker 1: It is just me? Or was that a ripper race? Yeah?
Speaker 4: But like I feel like most sports shows, you know what you're getting yourself into. Yes, tonight they show correct One's just a little too broad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the thing is, it's not really about motorsport. So I listened to this episode and this is where they started.
Speaker 4: I'm quite looking forward to having a nap.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think that sleep is the thing that I'm like most.
Speaker 4: What is this sleep? You speak of it? Yeah?
Speaker 9: I know, I don't know, and I don't know if it's because it's been so crazy, but I've actually been not to make this like a therapy podcast, but I've been, like I've been, first off, struggling to sleep, and I don't know if it's just because so much has happened, and I feel like I'm on tender hooks every every five minutes because it seemed like, you know, eleven PM, let's just drop a massive, massive news bomb and get out of bed and write an article, Luke, or make a social post, Jess. So I feel I think I've been on edge like the.
Speaker 4: Entire season pretty much. Yeah, it's a pony, Jenna, Oh my god, always working writing youth articles around the class.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Very true. That episode was titled bring Back V Tense, in which they never once spoke about bringing back V tents.
Speaker 4: We are beating them at their own game in a way because we are in bed right now. You can lie down in bed and podcast at the same time.
Speaker 1: Very true, Very true. And Luke, Jess and Luke, we love you, Jess and Luke. Hey, continue continue fight in the good fight, but maybe talk about motorspot that might be a good place to start. All right, up next, this is okay. I have a very soft spot for this. Is it just me? It's by rejected Bachelorette contestant. Oh so she was on the Bachelorette us Oh rejected. She thought I'm going to start a podcast Is It Just Me, The sometimes funny and occasionally serious podcast that discusses news, entertainment, and good old common sense, even if it's not so sense anymore.
Speaker 4: So what's the name?
Speaker 1: Never once mentioned?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: So which one? I'm looking at all? The which which cover off?
Speaker 1: She's already with a woman in the middle of a road. It looks very dangerous.
Speaker 7: Oh she's literally the artist is rejected, yessingtal Yes, it's it's let me play it for you.
Speaker 1: The irony is that? I mean, we've just got our sponsor read rooster. We love you guys. She's got one episode and she's got a sponsor. I don't know how she's done it. Let's hear it. This is how she starts her episode.
Speaker 6: Welcome to Is It Just Me? The podcast said, ass if it's too late to drink coffee? Is it too early to drink alcohol? Sponsored by Anchor. You can download the app or go to anchor dot fm to get started, But before you find yourself engrossed and phenomenal storytelling, please click the subscribe button and maybe check out how you can support this podcast. Many thanks, Hello, come on in, and welcome to Is It Just Me? I know recently I've been doing a lot of satirical episodes, and I have to say I have enjoyed them, and there will be more, and hopefully you enjoy them too.
Speaker 4: But as I put in.
Speaker 2: My bio description box, however you want to put it, sometimes it's going to be funny, sometimes it's going to be serious. And today a little bit more on the serious side, not so satirical, but sadly, sadly a very ridiculous, pathetic you name it topic today in this episode about what I like to refer to as impeachment part due.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, what just happens just.
Speaker 3: All is this she's only got one episode.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing. She mentions, the satirical episodes that she did. They've all been deleted.
Speaker 4: Oh that's the first episode.
Speaker 1: Well she's deleted them all. You see all episodes, they have been deleted.
Speaker 4: Well here I was yagging. I was stinking for some satire from rejected Bacheloretca.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought. I thought, maybe it comes later in the episode. So I listened to the whole thing, all eleven and a half minutes of it, and it got scarily political.
Speaker 4: Trump praise on these type of people.
Speaker 2: I mean that is that in itself is the reason I say, hell no dabbing anything to do with this guy. But then there are the other side, the Bible thumpers, you know, the belief in the man and the woman and you know, and if and if they truly were you know, good hearted Bible Jesus believe in people, then why we olden walls and calling people on the other side of the wall scumbags and this and that and the other thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had to cut it there. It sort of became a bit preaching. Yeah accent, I think it changed, all right. Moving on to my next one, which is by far my favorite. It is simply called is It Just Me? By Remina Kolshta.
Speaker 4: Kaiki, Which one am I looking at?
Speaker 1: Is It Just Me?
Speaker 4: The rain?
Speaker 1: The font is like in it's very sort of pop art two thousand and nine, and the logo is rain. It's just a rain. Look. Now, there's only two episodes. The first one is called call Loud Popular, which is quite a beautiful commentary. Hey, let's call loud popular.
Speaker 3: Nice hook?
Speaker 1: Yeah, nice hook? Thing is more of a song. Wow, Yeah, here we go. This is Is It Just Me? By Remaina Kushta Lechica Remaina take it away.
Speaker 2: Everyone doesn't matter who they are?
Speaker 3: Is it on me?
Speaker 4: Me that thinks the best for me? Oh? She didn't life?
Speaker 10: Is it good looking?
Speaker 6: Powers to be?
Speaker 4: My drum like a drum?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: Oh you?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Is it me that thinks it's awkward?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: Is it awkward?
Speaker 4: Or is it weird?
Speaker 3: No? Is it just me? He me?
Speaker 5: He isn't me?
Speaker 4: Everyone doesn't matter who they are? Is it on me?
Speaker 6: Me?
Speaker 4: Do things the best for me?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 2: Changing life, physic good looking forwards to be?
Speaker 3: Mo like a drum? Soul? You isn't the things?
Speaker 1: It's awkward?
Speaker 3: It just me?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 4: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: It's very spooky?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 4: I mean my my question is why we bothering like that? Can't be top She's the supreme? Is it just me? I've just had a little brow through her feed And both episodes are only one minute long.
Speaker 1: The other one it.
Speaker 3: Was not as good as the other one a song as well.
Speaker 1: The other one is called is It True, and the description says expose people in all caps. Oh wow, Okay, we don't want to hear that, do We'll leave that up to you guys to go.
Speaker 4: Really, if you're really keen to hear more of that.
Speaker 1: I'd say your name, But is it just me? That's a beautiful little riff of the We could use that as a jingle, Is it just Me?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 4: I almost want to ask her just for like the clean feet of the vocals. We could put that in our opener.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we very off. Yeah, yes, we need remain your kosheshki. All right, moving on to Is It Just Me? This is eleventh in the pecking order, it's got no reviews and it's brand new.
Speaker 4: How new? And we talking.
Speaker 1: Seventh of January? Oh wow, this is by Lisa's a guy And Lisa says, it's just a regular girl getting real with you and I being in the twenties, dilemmas make me either fit or feel misplaced among my peers. Is it just me? Or is it you? Two?
Speaker 4: Do you feel that this might have been a New Year's resolution? I'm going to start a podcast?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, she made a trailer and everything and dropped it and and you know she's got one review. So why don't we take a listen? Yeah? At this is It just Me? Take it away?
Speaker 13: Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of the Is It Just Me? Podcast? I'm your hosts ge in today to have a very very interesting.
Speaker 4: And really it's interesting.
Speaker 10: My friend you to introduce you introduce me for surgy so Surdy surgery, my friend.
Speaker 1: I had to cut it off there. They floated for three minutes. They fumbled, she dropped the microphone, and then you think this can't get any worse. It does get worse because mid deep conversation, one of them decides to cook her you foods in the microwave in the background. It's truly jarring.
Speaker 4: You have called me.
Speaker 11: We decided to go. We decided to go. Yeah, yeah, I invited. I expect you to be exactly Yeah. Don't you think that's toctical.
Speaker 10: I don't think it's toxic because even me allowing you to pay, I don't want to you know, he don't want to hunt you ere you're the money.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, I actually I don't feel that that's either of them cooking. I just think that they're in like the canteen or something where do they record. Do you think the stuff room?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but they were trying to talk about toxic masculinity and he said, if you asked me to pay on a first date, isn't that toxic and she said no, and then.
Speaker 4: No, baby, you don't get it.
Speaker 1: Literally, I tell you.
Speaker 4: What, though, there's nothing better than a show that as soon as the opener starts they're already laughing at their own jokes they haven't told yet before We kicked off every episode like that. Can you bring our opener up? Imagine this is how we started every week. That's your radio open. Keep that away from me, bitch, fast forward a bit, couple of mentions. Don't forget it's true. And in the show, couldn't introduce yourself. This isn't just a third wheel ground keeper. Oh my god, we brought bike. What's the wattage on your microwave?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 7: We laugh?
Speaker 1: Oh we laugh laughing at them because they to do a podcast as hard.
Speaker 4: We're laughing.
Speaker 1: It's laughing with them. So that was isn't just me.
Speaker 4: They couldn't find anywhere to record other than the good time.
Speaker 1: Did tell that they were in the staff room. There were two teachers, and they went, let's make the most of been this chemistry that we've got t room for.
Speaker 5: Lunchtime and tell that the person microwaving is trying to be quiet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want the blake comes out and we're talking about very deep issues. Anyway, this is the final one, and this is a reappearance. This is a podcast that we very fondly referred to as one of our favorite Is it just Me? It's from the first round?
Speaker 4: Oh God, don't tell me.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was well, I mean they're all caught. Is it just me?
Speaker 4: Is it the yelling guy?
Speaker 1: It's the yelling man?
Speaker 4: I loved the Yelling Guy?
Speaker 1: Is It just Me? By jabrielle Yes paramount.
Speaker 4: He literally fom memory when we did this back in episode four. He literally just started the podcast with, right, I'm fucking pissed off.
Speaker 1: This all right? Thursday the twelfth, Fab four or five and I'm fucked off. We're all right mate. My dog did a shit. He kicked his dog or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he seems a bit unhinged. Has he gotten better?
Speaker 1: He's gotten far worse. In fact, I'd like to report this to some sort of to some sort of authority. Genuine trigger warning now for potential murder or it gets a bit rough, Jenna, Yeah, trigger warning or domestic violence being serious. His latest episode, in his last episode, was only two episodes after do we last spoke to him about the dog? It is literally two episodes after his pet hop episode, which we spoke about, so he stopped the podcast. But this one is about murderers and why some murderers get a really rough truck and they should just be homicie. They should just be charged for homicide, not murder.
Speaker 4: So justice for murderers anyway, I'll let him put.
Speaker 1: It in that in his words. Here we go, Jabriel.
Speaker 14: I've noticed some weird consistencies or inconsistencies whatever, some differentials and how some of these killers are perceived. It's kind of crazy. So I was watching this one the other day, and this guy killed his girlfriend who knew, I hope, but just real quick, I want to get into detail of what they did versus how people portray them. I know that everybody has a different level of standard for what's crazy, obviously, but shit's bananas to me. So this guy had this girl. They're playing Monopoly one night. I don't know, like they get heated or some shit. He kind of slaps around the face. She starts bleeding from the nose. She runs to the kitchen and runs whatever the sink washes it off. He goes to put away some fishing gear and she just comes back up to him, just ready for more, just like you know what, you sick some bitch bloody knows and all this other bullshit, and then like he's just like fuck it whatever. He just moves his hand strikes and somehow he slashes her throat, somehow he kills.
Speaker 3: Her, and then he.
Speaker 1: Laughs it off.
Speaker 4: I just don't want to say anything in Kathie here is. I feel like he'll come after it.
Speaker 1: Well, he then goes on to justify it. It gets much worse. He then throws that story away and becomes severely unhinged and starts justifying well, I don't know who he's trying to convince, but he's trying to convince us or himself that he's in fact not a bad guy. And it's roll it.
Speaker 14: I've never had it to ui, but if I diggity do you, I assume it'd be like four other charges to go with that. They'd be like, oh, do you why there was a child in a car on the road somewhere. That's a gross abuse of misorderly conduct of a child about but a boob. But he buy like there was other people on the street. There's fucking arson. I know this doesn't make any sense, but neither does a lot of it, Like, come on, dude, charge me for what I did, not all the repercussions.
Speaker 8: And all this other shit.
Speaker 14: Come on, man, not everything's my fault.
Speaker 4: It's not my fault.
Speaker 14: There's two thousand people in the square foot in America. What am I saying?
Speaker 4: Fucking stupid? But uh do you do?
Speaker 3: You do?
Speaker 14: This is gonna be coming a long where am I? I'm trying to go back? Okay to that doctor. Yeah, this dude just abused the fuck out of his power.
Speaker 4: He took just viral blood and gave it to this girl.
Speaker 1: Back to the murder. Oh yeah, he's he's not well in the head. No, No, he sounded quite manic cheering that, And for that point he's the most low rited. Is it just my podcast? Wow?
Speaker 4: I mean, I gotta say, the one thing that stood out to me is that a lot of them only have a handful of episodes, like no more than five in majority of cases. They say, actually in the podcast world that there's like a twenty episode fade, like that's when you start to get a bit burnt out. And I got to say, I don't know if you've ever scrolled back and listened to our old episodes. But around the twenties, I'm sound and out of it. Really, around the time I took a psychiatric recess. In the twenties episodes, I'm like, oh, you could really hear the burnout. But here we are in episode fifty seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's almost sixty. We've really gotten through it. So it's just us and Joe Elvin really the only two? Is it just me surviving?
Speaker 4: Look at us, We're like women and children on the Titanic.
Speaker 1: I couldn't agree more more. Well lit keys to one hundred episodes more you.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, I'm happy to keep going. Me too, considering there's no burnout in sight, despite the fact that I'm currently reclined in.
Speaker 1: Bed in studio, wrapped in a boomerang pillow. I think that we are the best? Is it just me podcasts? We can say that?
Speaker 4: Do you know what blind confidence is? Key?
Speaker 1: Like, I didn't know what you want to say.
Speaker 4: I choose to believe that I'm the best and no one else even compare. That's how everyone should behave.
Speaker 1: Goodn't agree more? And we're the only podcast sponsored by Red Rooster.
Speaker 4: Yes, thanks to Red Roosta for bringing us the show this week.
Speaker 1: Please leave us a review five stars if you're fancy, and if it's read out on the show, we will send you some very rare, very cool red rooster.
Speaker 4: Merch and voucher and vouch free food.
Speaker 1: So if you haven't left a review, or if you think, oh it's not only my thing, I don't know what to do, you just can give us five stars. That's all. That's all that we want.
Speaker 4: Also, you might have noticed that February we're at the end. It's done in dustice, which means it's March. You know what march means Russia. It's merch March, our merchandise raise, so keep your eyes peeled and our socials at couple of minches money. We're doing it the environmentally conscious way. So we're going to have an online web store that's only available for a certain period for pre order, and then the pre orders we get that's the exact amount of merch we'll make. There's no success, no, so we're not like ordering six thousand is it just me mugs and then being like what the fuck do you do with these? We only order the amount that gets pre ordered. So Merch March is when you can place your orders and then that's the store is closed for life, so you've got to get in while you can.
Speaker 1: We'll let you know soon, more details very soon, and we will see you on that note next week. Good bye, might hangover, oh right with read restaurant on the side. Yeah, we'll see then.
Speaker 4: Bye byeuck?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 12: Don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on your podcast app or follow on Spotify.
Speaker 4: Welcome to add brief. We're only kidding. We don't actually finish the show when we say we're finished. We stick around for a little longer. Talk shit, unscripted, no real point to this actually, but we hope people don't listen. It's a secret. So if you're found us, keep it to yourself or turn it off. Stop it.
Speaker 1: That was truly treacherous.
Speaker 4: Can you believe that it's Marti Gras Week? I associate Marti Gras with coronavirus because that was the last time I went out clubbing last year?
Speaker 1: All right, because it was March.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everything shut down just after Marti Gras. We just got in there. Yeah, and so yes, now that we're back at Marti Guas again, it's this week in Sydney. It's like, oh, we're about to go on lockdown again. I've got the PTSD.
Speaker 1: It's bookending COVID. We had it at the start, now having it at the end.
Speaker 4: I know. If only we were about to dance though in Sydney. Yeah, I still not allowed that. Have you seen all over the internet footage of people in Brisbane, Melbourne at the club's dance in the fuck this Sydney up there? Yeah, we've gone ages without any case we are.
Speaker 1: They've changed the rules, right, the laws and you count not before Mardi Gras, Oh it's after Marti.
Speaker 3: Gra Yeah, it's going to be March seventeen.
Speaker 1: I'm worried. This kind of feels a bit terror isy. They're putting us in like the Sydney Cricket Ground, which is a stadium, Like they could just blow us all up in one foul sloop.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, why does your head go there? Never?
Speaker 1: They're rounding us all up like sheeps. You'd know farm you know, ever met.
Speaker 4: A Foxford Street where they usually have the parade that's also flammable, like they could bow was up there.
Speaker 1: To a very true good point.
Speaker 4: Actually, I'm feeling the pressure because I'm in the parade I'm to be on the TikTok float. Yes, So usually in the parade, you know how we start when we've done the kiss float in the past, Like for the first half a kilometer, everyone bothers with the choreography, and then you can tell that most people from the crowds are bligned and don't really care, so everyone just gives up. But when you're in the SCG and people are paying for seats, they're going to be paying attention. I can't fuck me moves at all?
Speaker 1: You're true? Is that what's going to happen? Are we just going to parade in a circle? Is that how it's happening? Do we know?
Speaker 4: Are you in the parade now?
Speaker 1: No? But I'm there.
Speaker 4: What are you going to be doing that?
Speaker 1: I'm broadcasting a kiss.
Speaker 4: Show, are you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm doing the live show, my night show six till ten from Marma Grad.
Speaker 4: Well do you want to interview me for the radio?
Speaker 1: I love you? That'd be great.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I'll put you in touch with my team. I have a feed touched just so you know.
Speaker 1: All right, Jenny, you can come with me and produce. That'd be very fun.
Speaker 4: Now, I have a question. What for the love of God is that? Huh you've brought with you?
Speaker 1: Ah in the ask, this is my banjob. Now you had the story about your beautiful you know, God's son and the start. So I thought, Oh, I want to overtake it with my baby, the banjob. I've bought a banjo from Facebook Marketplace. Why, because I wanted to play the banjo? How much was that since last year? And I it was okay, it was five hundred dollars really, but I got it on Facebook Marketplace. Nin you for eighty. I haggled right down.
Speaker 3: That is very good.
Speaker 4: They must have had many other offers if you went from five hundred to eighty.
Speaker 1: He was very, very mad, he said, he put it straight up, and I must have, like, you know, the ads of Facebook must know what I want, because I've been googling and watching banjo videos. So it came up in my Facebook marketplace and I was like, oh my god, it's meant to be. He wanted a couple hundred. It's like, I'll give you. I'll give you eighty, and he said sold straight away. Oh so you didn't have to haggle at all. No, not really, but I didn't haggle and it worked. And then he said, you need to pick it up by zero nine hundred tomorrow morning or I will sell. We have a lot of offers.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: And I was like Jesus, all right, So I'd got a loftus in the middle of no where to pick it up? Where here it is Loftus, it's a shier suburb.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, So you said that you've been looking up banjo's for a while. Where did the banjo curiosity come from?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, some of the people, like people ever since I was a kid, people that I've admired have played banjo. Steve Martin plays banjo. Brian. Yeah, And I went and saw Steve Martin and Martin Short at the sc sitting at Seg' because we're talking about that. I double SA convention Center convention Center, and they did a comedy show and did comedy with the banjo, and I thought, oh my god, I want one. I'm going to buy one. That was my news resolution. So I've done it. It's yeah.
Speaker 4: Can I ask is it in tune? Because it doesn't sound in tune.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 4: I kind of will give it here because I don't know if I've ever told you this. I have this weird talent where I can tune guitars with out of tuna, like I can just tell if it's right on. Oh, you're like pitch perfect, well not perfect, but I get pretty close. So ukuleles and ship. I don't know what the notes are for because there's four notes? Can you google grounds kipera you off dy?
Speaker 1: Just because I come on?
Speaker 4: What are the notes that I need to get on here? To give me the band?
Speaker 1: I just want to play you what I can play. I'm not way to go.
Speaker 4: Oh look, I just want you a text to prove that that audio dropped it.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, all right. Here's my banjo. Be very careful with it. It's a just for those at home wondering. Is a fender, So if you found a teacher or well, I need one, so if anyone listening is a banjo teacher. It's very good quality. It's quite a nice one.
Speaker 3: Is it a four string or five strings?
Speaker 4: Four? But it's way heavy though there is five strings. Mantal your fucking time. It's way more heavy than I would have thought.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very heavy. It's nothing. I mean, you know compared to the body size, and.
Speaker 4: It's that killed my ear.
Speaker 3: It has a standard tuning in open.
Speaker 1: G ah so.
Speaker 3: G g d g b D.
Speaker 4: And then what is it lower d.
Speaker 5: H?
Speaker 1: Actually that was not far off? Wow, this is quite magical country kid at half?
Speaker 4: And then what's the next tie?
Speaker 1: G modern Dolly partner?
Speaker 4: Same note? That sounds right? And then B I focused.
Speaker 7: M right.
Speaker 4: I think it's right. Now, how do I do a chord? Can someone hold my MinC to my face? Forgods? Around here?
Speaker 1: Jenn's close? What's the chord string? Fan?
Speaker 4: Joe?
Speaker 1: I just want to hang it up in my head? People say, can you play it? A good year?
Speaker 4: So it shows you where what frets to put your fingers on? Do you know what that is?
Speaker 1: Fred? When someone's worried.
Speaker 4: Stop fretting. So a cee is.
Speaker 1: See yep, ye, Wow, he's so good.
Speaker 4: I'll be your teacher, Darylan.
Speaker 1: Look at your fingers.
Speaker 4: I did guitar lessons for a while.
Speaker 1: It's like a Lisa Lamb in that hotel hands are or convolute, and look at them in the elevator.
Speaker 4: Video the cecilo didn't I ever tell you that I did guitar lessons?
Speaker 1: Away? From the water tank. That was very good. All right, he's moving on. What's the next See my mind would say D.
Speaker 4: No, I reckon G G cord skip D no, just because they usually go together. Fucking fret here we go.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm comfortable.
Speaker 3: Shut up, still fretting.
Speaker 4: Oh, apparently G cord there you don't have to put anythingers on, so it's just oh that's nice. So that means you know a G cord. Yeah, you don't have to put your fingers down anywhere?
Speaker 1: Do C and G.
Speaker 4: Wow, And it is an F and I'm good.
Speaker 1: Oh well.
Speaker 4: That's all. Oh fuck, the F looks so hard.
Speaker 1: Well, if you've got one of your viagras, you'd hope so stop out holding two microphones. A red rooster had on. Well, I can't do with no, I know, no, it's not it's not a negative. It's it's truly lovely of her. Wow. Can I try?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Thanks, guys, that is inspirational. It takes me back to want to do a day of lesson then never pick it up again. It was chea it was eighty.
Speaker 4: Bucks, but like, are you going to actually learn it? Because it'll be fun if you just whip that out of a party and played Wonderwall.
Speaker 1: I know what. So bottom, second, bottom, and then top.
Speaker 4: If you look at the picture, it's probably easier.
Speaker 1: H it's like a bingo chart.
Speaker 4: So that string and that string both on the second threat so that Matt. Yeah, but no, you don't actually put it on the line. You put it in the middle. Got it, yep, So there and then there and then first fret for second string. There you go. That's a c chord. Maybe it's not.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: Hey, I can do g.
Speaker 4: Well, now that I've tuned it, you can do it g Heleng won't stay tuned for I don't know. I don't have much banjo experience.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, hey, if anyone plays the banjo, please DM me because I love lessons or tips or tries and tribulations.
Speaker 6: Or you know.
Speaker 4: It's like half an hour a week. But over time you'll look back like like I am right now. I did guitar lessons for like a term in year six, and I'm like, oh, I still can kind of know the basics. So it's like at the time you don't have that instant gratification of oh I'm an instant fucking expert at the instrument clearly stuck with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, guys, Well what do we have planned for the week? Marti gras you still have a week off work, Mitch.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm off my pain killers. Oh good for you finished my course yesterday, so you take course because you were studying ju my course of painkillers. I'm a big shout out to everyone that wrote in last week saying that I sounded off my fucking face during the episode. I really appreciated that. But I'm off them now. So yes, Now it's just a one more week of rest and then back to work.
Speaker 1: Are you in pain or anything?
Speaker 4: Oh? Way less than I was?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Will you look good?
Speaker 4: I've still got the fresh crap of.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I just called his top up on my on my where my wounds were bloating has gone down. You looked like a Christmas turkey last time.
Speaker 3: Does it hurt when you push the wound?
Speaker 4: You used to? But it doesn't now, so I think that's a good sign.
Speaker 1: Jenna. Does it hurt when you've stitched it out with your fingers?
Speaker 4: Do you want to hear the honest truth? It used to hurt when I put any pressure on, like my stomach muscles, So what I'm saying is it hurt to ship. Yes, I couldn't push like if I had to get birth, I was screwed. It hurt too much. But I'm good now I can We're all good.
Speaker 1: When you reckon, you'll be ready to air.
Speaker 4: I guess. I mean I could. I could get absolutely fucking thrashed right.
Speaker 1: Now, just quite think. Yeah, goodness me on that note. Well, we're glad you're better. It's good to have you back in full form, not drugged up. He was off his chart off.
Speaker 4: I didn't think I was that bad, but yeah, I'm still not a hund You.
Speaker 1: Fell asleep, Actually, you passed out in a fever dream towards the end.
Speaker 4: That's true. I forgot about that, but I've done that before. When we did Shindy Committee, I passed out.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry, I thought.
Speaker 4: You only had that reaction from No, no.
Speaker 1: No, no, that's that's what I do for that one.
Speaker 4: We did an episode of Sney committeehere, I fell asleep at the end. Really, and the girls that did it without me.
Speaker 1: I wonder it was canceled.
Speaker 4: At least turn up?
Speaker 1: What do you mean that I turn up?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: What I'm saying is even if I'm sleep deprived. I'll still show up. You guys have missed episode.
Speaker 1: I know what you mean, very true. I mean I've ever missed it. I never missed my radio show at night. I just have never done it. I've been sick because a dog and still done it.
Speaker 3: I've never missed work.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, I've never missed I've never miss work at Kiss at Cole's all the time. I had that many family emergencies. Not on wood, but so many.
Speaker 4: When you say family emergencies, do you mean, Oh, Grandma got a new teapot set. We have to christen it. Another family gathering. All the cousins are coming over.
Speaker 1: That's dumb. She got a new Berena and we all want to go for drive. Yeah, we do that all the time. You know, mate, this is a true story, and I was going to bring it up, but so much was happening. My grandma Alma, who we did hear from last episode, lives in a retirement village. She has been kicked out of one what She's been kicked out of the retirement for wearing.
Speaker 4: She burnt the place down.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, for wearing clothes that were too revealing for the other residents. I mentioned it she was miss New Holland, and my mum told a writ a story. She's hot my grandma's And.
Speaker 4: When you say New Holland, that makes me think of the.
Speaker 1: Tractor that my dad. No, she's missed New Holland is in the Netherlands, and she's beautiful, so she exclusively she's eighty now, but this is probably when she was late sixties. When I was a kid, she would shop exclusively at Souprey, so she would wear my gosh, she would really wear like I'm talking Dolly Parton boot scootin denim, ripped tidy power pants, and she would bend over and was really quite flutatious. She's been single for years.
Speaker 4: She is she a tall, lean woman. What does she look like.
Speaker 1: She's Dutch, so she's quite stumpy, like a bush guitar. Okay, but stunning and quite sturdy. No, she's beautiful and she's she's actually stunning. She doesn't look at it. She doesn't look a day over. I reckon seventy. She looks great. You'll get up a photo.
Speaker 4: Imagine being booted out of her retirement village. That would just be such like a weird like I would, I would oddly love to have that story until my belt being like, hey, guess what, and it's.
Speaker 1: A true story. You know, she's a bit, she's a bit, you know. Humpty dumpky.
Speaker 4: He says you're not allowed to dress like a horr at a retirement village. By the way, where does it say that.
Speaker 1: I completely agree. She dresses well. Now this is her now bigger now. But she's beautiful in the face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she gets it looks fun. She was the one last week that was saying I don't need a man. I don't want to date anymoey.
Speaker 1: She doesn't want anyone does, and a man loves a milkshake. Her name's Alma. Her name is Ria, actually Susanna Maria, but she had to change it coming to Australia, didn't speak a word of English fully Dutch, came here, thrived, thrived, She's doing great. So that's my dad. It's a bit too much according to that apparently, so so yeah, so she got kicked out. Now she's at Wollongong Surf and a Leisure resort. So it's a surf and holiday home venue that also sell their holiday homes to people in their sixties to seventies and they live. They've got parking spaces, two bedrooms.
Speaker 4: She said they have an did they have an age limit?
Speaker 1: I tried, did try to call them?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 3: Is there a pool?
Speaker 1: It's a massive it's the it's on the ocean, it's on the beach. You know what. We could go down and visit my Alma. She'd love it. You'd have to sort of pretend you, you know, straight and narrow.
Speaker 4: But we she said last week, Oh, Hayden, such a lovely boy. Does she think you just good friends?
Speaker 1: True? She does roommate? Yes, very true?
Speaker 4: Does she not know? No?
Speaker 1: She of course she act straight?
Speaker 4: Am I offensively gay?
Speaker 1: Parents called her sobbing that it's happened the day we've we've dreamt of?
Speaker 4: And what happy Marti gras well? What happened after that?
Speaker 1: With what?
Speaker 4: Did she have an issue with you being a fudge packer?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Oh god, what a visceral image? No issue?
Speaker 4: Then why do I have to actraight?
Speaker 1: Nor what they were? They were before? But then when they realized it was me, they're like, oh, he's fine, I want to visit her al We could go visit Alma. She'd laugh to have you guys the thing is it's a suburb built in the middle of nowhere, so no one drives down there unless they live down there. So it's so quiet and the streets are calm, and it's right away the water.
Speaker 4: That's the exact lifestyle I want have that lifestyle here. I do have a pool here and there's no one. It's a very quiet area. But I don't have any nursing stuff looking after me. I just want to be looked after.
Speaker 3: There's no crafts, there's no zero.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you something I've actually been thinking about because I've been getting a little bit over microwave foods. So I've considered just like because I live in Warmba in Sydney, which is a very like wog heavy retiree suburb, Like, there are so many old Italian ladies that just would be begging to make meals upon meals for someone. So I'm like, do I put up a poster on the noticeboard at the local colds that says I'll pay you to make me homemade meals?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I'm actually considering that because I feel like that would be way more wholesome and fulfilling than a microwave meal. Even though I do frost. The microwave meals.
Speaker 1: You need like a Nonna for higher, a Nona.
Speaker 5: For higher and filling for them as well.
Speaker 4: Not mine, Honor, Yes, not mine, Honor. It's like I pay them. I would pay more than I pay.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Right now. I'm paying like one hundred bucks a week or so to get all my microwave meals to living. I'd pay more than that to have the like less meals just because they're homemade. It's extra value to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, have you tried meal livery services? Like I use every plate? Great?
Speaker 4: No, because the thing about every plate is I kind of like Hallow Fresh, where they send you the ingredients and you make it, you chop, you.
Speaker 1: Cook it all yourself.
Speaker 4: I can't do that.
Speaker 1: Why but there's recipe cards. It's easy. You get it done in forty minutes.
Speaker 4: I know it's easy. But do I have forty minutes?
Speaker 1: Do you have forty I'm sure you have forty minutes.
Speaker 4: I can't see you.
Speaker 1: It's not around minutes.
Speaker 4: Where are you? I don't fucking have forty minutes. I need an honor who is doing nothing all day to make me food.
Speaker 1: True and pinches your cheeks and has very wrinkly hands.
Speaker 4: I tried the hallow fresh thing and whilst it was more fulfilling than a microwave meal, I still would come home at the end of the day and go, yeah, cook. And like I said earlier, when I was saying that I want to be in a retirement village, I'm just sick of doing everything for myself. I want someone to look after me.
Speaker 5: Imagine being in a retirement village and going to the meal room.
Speaker 3: And having the meals already it's.
Speaker 4: A fucking bain marie.
Speaker 1: You can eat, but also looking at a painting of a dog and thinking it's real. I don't exactly think you want that life or demention when you get there, your daughter arriving and not knowing who she is.
Speaker 4: But you've got a lovely your daughter.
Speaker 1: No, yes you do. That's he's already slipping into it, you do, Mitchell Friendly. Yeah, we'll have a great and safe Martin Row. We won't talk to you guys until Marti Gra's been and done.
Speaker 4: Yes, have a great Marty Grave. If you're celebrating pride in Sydney or wherever you are, agreed to be a little bit gayer this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what. Enjoy your gay in Sydney, Martigret or wherever you get your pull and.
Speaker 4: We will catch you next week for our Marti Gras Hangover episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah with red Rooster, Chicken, Fried Chicken, the new range goal.
Speaker 4: Or so yeah, I'm probably gonna have to be the one to pick that up.
Speaker 1: You will? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Can you get some chips as well?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Of course, but like I we got vouch, you have to pay for it. No, No, I'm not worried about that. But I'm just like the means that I have to get not mounted enough on Marty Gray night that I can still drive the next morning.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not going to get margined. Maybe I could pick it up. Are we going to record here or no?
Speaker 4: No, no, we're back in steud together.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I might be able to pick it up. We're gonna have to get to work either way.
Speaker 4: So yeah, true, there's wonders down the road summer Hill from you who breads it in? Not from where I'm in from from?
Speaker 1: All right, we can discuss this off the podcast. Thank you for listening, guys, much love and shout out to all the is it just mes? We love you. We're laughing with fun Romenica, Chickinnica. Thank you for that song or extraordinary, and we will see you guys next week for fifty eight Happy Mardi Gras.
Speaker 3: Marra