Speaker 1: Christ christ John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Let's go Hello everyone, This is Christian on the streets of Melbourne, walking and talking to you. Uh podcast you're about to hear. We did five top at Tuesday and if you've got any stories to chip in, especially my now new search for stories about coincidences that are actually interesting, we couldn't find them today. There were some great calls, but nothing about coincidences. Hi mate, Hello, Sorry that someone I know but he didn't know me because I think he was saying hello to me, but he wasn't. He was just confused. God, that was embarrassing. Yeah. Email me Christian at Gold one O four three dot com dot AU. I hope you will on with the show.
Speaker 3: At all sorts of information on TV.
Speaker 2: It's still my bridge.
Speaker 1: Day. Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melvin's Gold one of four point three.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, Welcome to Tuesday Morning. The films are co Monday. It's a Christian O'Connor breakfast show here on Gold. So this morning we start paying your bills. First one hopefully gets paid off in an hour's time, and then two more times every single day of the next couple weeks until fifty thousand dollars runs out. Also got five to Tuesday on today's show, and there's been some brand new homemade jingles. Because we are twenty four hours away from our bush Fire Bear Leaf Bear going into production tomorrow at Hawker's Brewery. We're all heading down there after the show to di some quality testing. How are you drinking beer?
Speaker 4: Good morning, Jack Post, It's good morning, christ O'Connell, Good.
Speaker 2: Morning Patria Jones.
Speaker 3: No, Christian.
Speaker 2: Did you all have a great long weekend?
Speaker 3: Fabulous?
Speaker 4: I did, But I mean, like we've spoken about before, it feels like a wasted long weekend this early in the year. We've just all had our holidays. Most people go away, have some sort of breakover Christmas, and now we've got a public holiday, I mean too soon.
Speaker 2: Soon later in the year, there's a couple of empty months where no public holiday here in Victoria, where we could do with one.
Speaker 4: August September would be desperate for.
Speaker 2: Some right, Yeah, And what did you do with that extra day? I felt like it was my wife had a list of to do things and I catching to hide them. And I've had a successful weekend because I never got round to organizing how the suitcases are stored. Ah yeah, yeah Friday. She was like, look, you've got the extra day, You've had a proper break. Now, please can you get round to sorting out the suitcases? And I was like yep, yep, yep, in my mind thinking no way, no way. Like an outlaw. She couldn't pin me down. I kept saying, I need to go in just another phone call about the beer can design, So I just need to be on that. It's great when you've got something which is an excuse to get out.
Speaker 4: Of anything for three days, you can you could run.
Speaker 2: I'm dreading when that beer starts. He made to my it's going to a whole load of excuses. I'm gonna have to sort those suitcases out.
Speaker 4: The suitcases for us? Is it anything that goes in the roofs base I was about to call it ours goes in a hole in the roof and then makes me put on this suitcase cover. We've still had the cover that it came in. So you put the suitcase in this little sleeping bag holder, tie that up, then you're going to push it into the room.
Speaker 2: We didn't know you had that. There's like a sleeping bag for the suitcase.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they get dusty. Otherwise our's go in the garage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where ours. We've got shelves in the garage and I'm meant to stack them properly, along with all the Christmas decorations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not that hard. That would take five minutes.
Speaker 2: It's seven to ten, I reckon. It's actually closer to seven to ten, but it feels like you me dead time. And also, I'll be honest, right, We've got this really really cheap o lightweight ladder and whenever I put one foot on, it moves, you know where they just open up, and it scares me. I can't relax until it's done that thing where it sort of chinks out which it goes, and I know until I put the second one it still hasn't done it. And then third one isn't getting higher. It's like it's doing it on purpose, scaring that.
Speaker 4: Our ladder will never have more than two feet on the ground at once. And yeah, rock back and forth.
Speaker 2: It's very it was. I bought it because it was built as ultra lightweight importable. Now actually using it, I don't want it lightweight. I want a solid lead and concrete, immoveable ladder that almost takes an hour to assemble. But is it going to be too lightweight? That's what you want. It's exactly that.
Speaker 1: The christ John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So what else did you do over the weekend?
Speaker 4: Well, I did have a big to do list to run through and I got through mine. The biggest one was did the dust storm hit all three of us out west? Out east?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That the yellow dust.
Speaker 2: It's like a Martian sand And I actually thought we were living. We moved to the planet Mars more than Melbourne. Yeah, and it gets everywhere in your car is in it's in my car.
Speaker 4: So I my job was this weekend. I was tasked with cleaning up the I mean it was everything to porch, the fence, the letter box, the windows, the side of the house. So I had the pressure hose out first, getting getting the decks done in the side of the house, getting up on that rickety ladder to try and get up to the top of the gable. And then what's a gable? Oh gable is the part of the house is like a little triangle. I thought that with the eaves that hangs over.
Speaker 2: Wow, I mean great chat here.
Speaker 4: A gable, an eve can attached to a gable, an evil attached to a gable.
Speaker 2: Sorry, carry on.
Speaker 4: So after the gables and eves are all done, I got out the window cleaning equipment that we bought from a specialist cleaning store. Where my mother in law was here. She's so obsessed with clean windows.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? It's something that mother in law's My mother in law still with us and she goes Saturday. We had a lovely weekend whe her. Actually she we took her to Melbourne, you know where we've been at the Langham, to the lunch there. Oh yeah, it's her birthday next week and she'd be back in England and so we had a kind of birthday lunch with a Saturday afternoon. It's if you remember Saturday. The weather was gorgeous and it overlooks the river and over Flinders. It was just magical and we got a little surprise cake. Further, when it came out, she bursted the tears because she was so happy. She said, I've never been such a beautiful restaurant. That's lovely, she was. We're all crying. It was such a you know, just a little moment we share together. But anyway, she's obsessed with window cleaning. I don't know if it's in their DNA as a mother in law. Right, she keeps moaning at me every day about I need to clean the windows and what I was meant to do over the weekend and to do this actually did sodle this weekend. I've won this weekend. She's obsessed with window cleaning. And she was watching this ten minute infomercial about something called magic crystal or full crystal. But there's people listening right now that know this stuff where you only you put it on once and it rinses it south. One of those kind of drip monks. I don't know. Yeah, hanging on on the packet it says as seen on TV. It doesn't work with the as heard on radio. Step doesn't anything gets on the radio. Well, we have what did you use to clean your windows?
Speaker 4: We got the proper squeegee and the thing you used before the squeegee which is like.
Speaker 2: A pretty squeegee game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like a squeegee but a mitten and you soak that in the soapy water special soap that you get, and you soap all all the windows up and then you squeege and dry, so it's not an easy task, will take you half a day by the time you do all the windows.
Speaker 2: Also, don't you find cleaning windows? Is it me? Does anyone find it deeply therapeutic?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I actually find it very unaxing because you want to get it all done, and then when it's all done, it's beautiful when there's no those smeary marks.
Speaker 4: It does actually look incredible when you've done it, but I wouldn't say I enjoyed it. I'm not looking forward to doing it again.
Speaker 2: Do you eat this morning? It's because as you're twisting in that, I actually find that next day you actually hurt, like you've had a gym workout. It's it's like a core workout. It's a bit what they call the obliques or something beside the bit you would never know want to do at the gym. The next day you'll go to lean to get a pen or a bit of officers. What will you doing fighters together? The weekend I was cleaning window. Window cleaners must have amazing obliques.
Speaker 4: Colet ask me this morning when I got in, She's like, why did you sit down so gingerly? Are you all right, I like in my back I've been cleaning the windows.
Speaker 2: We're not used to doing proper work.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So yesterday, right, we all went out for a pizza in the evening now, the beautiful evening yesterday, and the kids go back to school on Wednesday, so it's like they kind of last late night before they have to start doing that. You know, you have to start doing You've got to go to start going to bed earlier now, start going a bit earlier now to get used to what it's going to be like in two days time when the hell is going to rain down and to return to school. And as we're having a pizza, one of them was going, oh, yes, air friend of mine, she's going out with older girl. And I went, what do you mean older? She goes, oh, in the year above. You know there's always a girl that went out with the kid from the year above. And they go to me, get this, it's all you remember this guy at school. She goes, yeah, yeah, he's a really yeah he's older. You know, is in a year above. He's a really cool guy. He he's got a guitar. Straightway, I went to them deadly, seriously, went her kids. Always be wary of the guy with the guitar, because there's a guy who deliberately jackpost uses that to affect some kind of romantic, wistful gaze in his eyes. He's thinking about the struggles of life and the futility of existing, strumming away tunelessly to get girls. When I was sixteen, I was begging my mom and dad to let me have guitar lessons, and I told my mom it's mainly because I thought it'd be a great way to get a girlfriend, and my mom said it was creepy and refused.
Speaker 4: Well, I remember trying to learn. The son kissed me by sixpence and down the ridge, and my thought was, just in case I ever need it.
Speaker 2: Have it in the back pocket before oh, we even got to this pizza place yesterday, right. I went to pick up the thirteen year old, and as I pulled up to the house of her mate, I could see that the garage door was open and there were a load of her teenage buddies in the car. That was his mucking around in mum's car. So I thought it'd be funny to creep up and scam do you know we've got the biggest scare me because the back seat the car making out.
Speaker 4: They've both fallen. The fifteen year old last year.
Speaker 2: I opened the door, right. I opened the door because I saw two of the girls look around when they saw me, like there and were startled. Now I know why yanked him to go to surprise. I opened the door and what oh what are you doing? And I actually there were no words. I went, oh, oh, hi, I'm really sorry. I wait, I wait. Going at the car, I crept away.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh my god, clear, oh so and then what was the next conversation? Like when you're back at home together?
Speaker 2: Now we're back at home. The moment she got in, the slammed the car door, and I was like, what did you just do? Why would you do that way? I just thought I didn't know you're going to be making out with that dude, you know. I was just like coming to get you. I did text saying that was here. We were late already. She was like, never do that again. And for the rest of we had a very frosty I think I kept looking at her going, it's a little memory between us, right, I saw it, you saw nothing. I saw it. I know what goes on the back seats of cars The christ.
Speaker 1: Jian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Who stayed up late last night watching a tennis big game? Did you still all the way? I got to about ten fifteen and it looked like Nadal was like kicking into that robot gear where he just gets it done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's really hard to be. I made it through the halfway through the third Yeah set?
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you watch it? Patsy?
Speaker 3: No too late for banana?
Speaker 2: What times Nanny going to bed? On a song?
Speaker 3: Nana pops off about eight thirty?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I love the fun. He came out with the Lakers top and I thought it was a really it's very very moving and did a great tribute as well. This draining open did the video they put together right before the game, I thought was perfectly timed and well done. I'm always fascinated to know what sometimes when they walk out with the headphones on, what they're listening to? What do you think he was listening to? Killing Us walks out with headphones on? He was really like, I don't know, it's an audiobook. He didn't look he didn't look like it could be Harry Potter for all we know, there was a wold guy. It didn't look like it was a song. It looked like he was that characters doing that. Who knows what's going on Monday?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: Yes, Patsy, what's the song that sums up your weekend? Then?
Speaker 3: Oh well, we were talking earlier about being out and about around the house for the long weekend and this sums mine not perfectly.
Speaker 7: Enough.
Speaker 3: I wasn't playing Brian back to back all weekend like more than possibles that you'd love to cheer on. The love God in his wisdom, wanted to get out the back. And he's got this massive, big petrol driven hedge trimmer because we've got to let a hedge out the back. And you know, the sicke tears don't work. We need like industrial strength stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and your husband he likes a trimmed bush.
Speaker 3: Yes, anyway, moving right along, so he gets to We've got these beautiful trees out the back. They're called mop tops. They're like a ball on a stick and they're massive, big six foot trees. They're beautiful, but you have to trim them.
Speaker 2: Has anyone seeing the picture. I'm not getting the visuals here. A ball and stick. What do you mean a tree that looks like a ball in a stick.
Speaker 3: They're called mop tops, so they're sort of like a large supie tree sort of tree.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Anyway, they're stunning looking trees, but you've got to keep them trimmed to keep them in the shape. So he's attacked at them, you know, chopped at them, and they look fabulous. Only he's come inside with a fist full of green electrical wire and he's gone, well, that was the last of the fairy lights. So on his Christmas frenzy, he's put like two set to fairy lights in each of the trees. Forgotten about it and forgotten they were in there, and it's chop chop, chop, chop chop, and they're in a million pieces all over the lawn. So no more fairy lights.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I mean the amountains of people that cut through stuff, either with lawn mowers or with those head trimmers as well. They're dangerous things, those coupe be things. Jack, what's the song that sums up your weekend?
Speaker 4: I listened to well about I think about estimated three million people now tune into the Hottest one hundred Triple j's Mountdown weekend. It's huge on Saturday. But their sister station, the digital radio station Double J. I didn't know this, but every year apparently they played the hottest one hundred countdown from twenty years earlier. So yesterday they yeah, they played from one hundred to one and listened to it all day, the countdown for nineteen ninety nine, and this powder Finger song was at number one.
Speaker 2: Such a great song. So to take you back here on all these different songs, you just don't hear so much anymore.
Speaker 4: And I couldn't really believe how much I knew the words to some of the songs, like these are some of the bands in their Powder Fingers, Silverchair, Jebediah Grinspoon, friends will run Regurgitator. All bands or they're all and they're just the Ozzie ones that I used to love, Blur, Ben Folds, five Corn, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blink one A two Foo Fighters. I was just every every four out of five songs. I knew the words too, and I loved it.
Speaker 2: I wonder if you could use some of that passion when talking about the music with here on Gold one four point three. I've never heard you whack so lyrical. So you're leaving today to go and work for that station here and takeing a huge pay cut as well.
Speaker 4: No, but there is something. And I understand why listen.
Speaker 2: To Gold a weekend that we would do another one of our great countdowns, But well, we're doing a countdown. There's always a flipping countdown on every weekend.
Speaker 4: I love the music that we play Goal, but there there's something about the music that you first fall in love with when you're in your early teenage years, and you and you first, you know, adopt that love of the bands and CD's that you're listening.
Speaker 2: Especially the bands you just reeled off before we got the international ones, but all those Australian ones, there's some amazing bands. Yeah, you had such a rich music scene here twenty years ago.
Speaker 4: And I guess that's how a lot of people who listen to Gold feel about the music that we play on here, is that it reminds them of those teen early ten years.
Speaker 2: Because when you hear those songs that you mentioned, is playing that powder Finger song right, it's like time traveling, Isn't They take you back to a precise moment, don't they in your life when you were younger and more innocent, and you're you're back there, aren't you. Yeah, So if you listen to that all weekend, but man Live, I was just said it here lots on Gold as always Boss.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: It's amazing where we get unused from now. So well, when David Bowie passed away, it wasn't like I was hearing the news on the radio, even though I was on air doing a breakfast show in England. When I found out it was online. It was on social media, and yesterday it was social media that found out the horrendous news about Kobe Bryant. One of my kids came up to me holding Instagram, went is this true? And she said, you know the news that he'd been killed in a helicopter crash. And then at first I thought it was a hoax because you have so many, sadly of these full stories and TMZ saying something and later on it's just an accent or it's somebody else, and you almost don't want to believe in it. It seems so surreal that it couldn't have possibly happened that someone so famous and almost magical in his abilities as a player. Wouldn't that couldn't have happened. It was just seemed too tragic, And then you looked around online. He did a quick google Kobe Bryant News, and you saw all the all come to life before he goes anywhere near a TV screen. So we were talking about it. What a tragic story, all of it, all the people that lost their lives on there. There was another parent and his daughter's best friend that lost their off the pilot. I think it's like nine people that died. But one of those stories that really stopped you when he tracks this day. It doesn't even matter if you're not a basketball player or a Lakers fan who's aware of is is a former playing greatness, But just as a guy dying with his daughter in a helicopter accident and then leaving behind three other kids and a little six month old who's never going to get to grow up and meet a dad, it was just tragic, really really really sad. So anyway, we were talking about that, and then normally when I find out that one of the kids wants me to take to Southland two days we're going back to school, I'm like, oh, please, please don't do that. But because of this, I felt like, just life is so precious. And sometimes when you hear about these sad, sudden deaths like that which Kobe Bryant is, and these stories happen every day. How those people go off and they say goodbye to people, don't they just go off to do something, and that they don't come back. And you never got to say those things because you didn't know that was the last time you were going to see them. And so yesterday actually made me realize how luck I am to have kids, even though I did get dragged to Southland two days before everyone and I had to go and get sports shoes and it was chaos, chaos Yesterday's Southland because there are other dead eyed parents like me, confused, terrify, where do we go? Athletes? What's it called the athletes?
Speaker 3: Athletes?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 4: That place?
Speaker 2: Wow? I mean the staff were doing their best, but it was just chaos in there. It was just chaos. But anyway, on the way there, Ruby and I were Ruby and I were talking and she turned sixteen in July, and I started out, I think because it was the Kobe thing. I was like, cracky, life is going so quickly and so and this song I was telling about this song by Ben Fans five. You've heard this song, Gracie Ah this. This song's a beautiful song, Gracy girl. It's about his daughter growing up very quickly. It's a really really beautiful song.
Speaker 8: This lie fasb said, you're not a baby crazy my friend. You be ladies loa. Until then, you gotta do what has said.
Speaker 2: So I've played Ruby this. I was going, this is about you know, you're not a baby, but you're my friend now. And I decided to do this and straight away she went, you sure you're going to be at organized because mum normally organizes everything. You're not really an organizer. I don't know. I'm going to organize it. Ruby sixteenth This July, I said, give me a week. I'm going to come up with some ideas of what you're going to do. Do you be your sixteenth?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Please don't say sweet sixteen again. When in rolls, my daughter ill fight and kill you. But it is in my mind right now. There's a lot going on, boys circulating, making out in cars. It's a lot going on.
Speaker 4: But it has gone fast, hasn't it. I remember not long after you first arrived and we celebrated her fourteenth.
Speaker 2: Yes, yep, and you hadysters and sweet fourteen. But it's a big thing. She's given me a week to come up with some ideas because I need to work out a venue that we can hire, and she wants a lot of her friends there. And then it's also you know what happens before and after that, but it's a landmark age.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to go back to the RSL lo the front doors on the RSL again.
Speaker 2: No, we're not doing that though, because she told me that the last party organized was Lois's thirteen. She said there's a big difference between a thirteen year olds party and what happens at sixteen one. I was like, is there making out of that one? It was it's like putting up little fires in corners everywhere. Was like, sixteen, what's going to be going on there? What's going to be going on? So yeah, if anyone's get any ideas about party venues you can hire in Melbourne, I really really need some options. But do you actually remember your sixteenth birthday?
Speaker 4: I vaguely not really, I don't. I didn't have any expectations like it sounds like Ruby has like does she want a musical guest or DJ or.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, she's not got those kind of what do you think I'm going to organize Elton John or some rick and that's might be more manageable with Tony Handley.
Speaker 1: Or Christian Hello, Christian O'Connell. Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: It starts now.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's fifteen thousand dollars fun she got the homes for fifty years.
Speaker 2: All right, then, so we're starting at this morning. It happens during the breakfast show also at ten one and four. Yeah, that was the start to let on pup just to dive in.
Speaker 4: You know you're pausing for suspense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it happens four times a day. It starts today until the money runs out. I've got fifty thousand dollars. I'm paying your bills. A very easy way to start to be with a chance of getting a phone call from me. All you have to do is to take you less than one minute head to gold one I four three dot com dot au, tell us about the big bills as many as you want that you want wiping off, and then we call you up. We got to is pick up the phone have you got this, ladies, I'm ready to go when you are. Okay, all right, that's cool this lady. So if your phone starts ringing, now it's us. How you pronounce that it Sharon?
Speaker 4: Scharene?
Speaker 2: Is that Charlene and a Sharon? Yeah? You mushed two names together? Here?
Speaker 9: Hello?
Speaker 2: Hi? Who's this?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 10: It's Charene Charene.
Speaker 9: Yes, Hi, Hey are you going?
Speaker 2: Who do you think this is calling you?
Speaker 9: I'm hoping it's Christian o'connel.
Speaker 2: Yay, Charene, good morning. You are the first person on twenty twenty. Pay your bills?
Speaker 9: Well done, fantastic, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: So listen, I'm looking at what you got here. You go on an animal feed bill of one thousand and four dollars, very be size, one thousand and four dollars. Tell us what you do then, Scharen.
Speaker 9: So, I've got a group of rescue horses that I look after. Yeah, so that's that's my feed bill. And yeah, thank thank you.
Speaker 2: So you a volunteer for a charity, local charity?
Speaker 7: Ah?
Speaker 9: Yes, I volunteer for Warriors for Wildlife. We rescue, rehabilitate wildlife sort of all around Victoria and we're doing a passive sort of bushfire fund at the minutes, collecting up stuff to take down to all the fire affected areas.
Speaker 2: Oh bet, yeah, but you're doing that. It's heartbreaking, that mean, and we know about all the devastation to homes of two thousand homes lost, but just is just about a billion now different types of wildlife and the habitat that's been wiped out.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's just it's yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you've seen some heartbreaking stuff. And so this bill that we're paying off, that's to help the animal feed of the animals that you're rescuing.
Speaker 9: No, this is just for the horses that I have. So they're actually I rescue them. I've rescued them from the knackery. So so I've got a lot of older horses that.
Speaker 2: Get the knackery. You like rustling them out of there, you're just stealing them away or something.
Speaker 9: No, No, I buy them from there and try and give them a second chance at Life's you.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know that was possible. What about the ones you leave behind? They must hate you? Why not me?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so it's horrible.
Speaker 2: Oh well, well listen, good for you for doing this as well. So it's one thousand and four dollars for your animal fee. To keep up this great work you do.
Speaker 9: Charene, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's all right. You sound did we wake you up?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh look now you're up. Now you can have a coffee and get on with your day.
Speaker 9: Okay, say thank you so so much.
Speaker 2: Ay right, our pleasure. Well done. Keep up all the great work you're doing as well, Charene.
Speaker 9: Thank you, Christian, have a great day any bye.
Speaker 2: Bye bye, all right. Next chance to play again will be at ten o'clock some more and then one and four head online to get your bills paid off gold one O four three dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: I have often thought that there is a similarity between the lifestyle of Jack and his lovely wife Bianca and old people.
Speaker 4: I thought you were going to say we're young and cool.
Speaker 2: Old people are old and cool. You are young and cool. But that I'm starting to realize the more I get to know you and what you like to do, is there are some very marked similarities between you and the things that old people like as well.
Speaker 4: That's because this weekend we occupied ourselves now them what you did su races.
Speaker 2: You're hearing this part.
Speaker 4: We have invented this game chance.
Speaker 2: Imagine now it's a seventy three year old saying what he's about to say. It makes perfect sense.
Speaker 4: We get the sudoku out of a paper, we photo copy it, so there's we both have a copy of the same suduku, and then we race to see who can complete it first. There's prizes for the person who wins.
Speaker 3: On Party Center, what do you mean.
Speaker 4: Prizes, Well, we agree at the start before the race begins. You know you like place a wager. Really mine years a massage based So I'll.
Speaker 3: Say it's one of those games give friends.
Speaker 2: These were called Joey vouchers. Isn't really even if she wins, she's losing. What She's got a creepy massage from you?
Speaker 4: No, Hi, I'll go for a massage. So I'll say I'll win a ten minute massage. Yankee usually chooses something called the coffee date.
Speaker 2: Which is does it evolve you massaging her?
Speaker 4: I don't message her. She we go out for a date and have a coffee at a cafe. And that's I guess rare because I don't usually drink.
Speaker 2: Coffee here but it's a quick date and they're not the date is you're going. I don't drink coffee, but anyway, it's a nice.
Speaker 4: I think it's a wasted prize, but she it's apparently her favorite thing is a coffee date. So I've got at the moment because I'm quite good at the suduku racing, I've got about forty minutes of massage is worth to still redeem exciting times.
Speaker 2: All right, let's just look at the lifestyle of Jack and Bianco at old people Sudoku racing. Both groups are going to bed at seven pm.
Speaker 4: Eight thirty.
Speaker 2: Old people love old man love a savage haircut. Jackpost at the moment, where did he go? The old five mama people love a savage hair cut. They've never got long hair. It's always really closely cropped.
Speaker 4: It's true, I guess because it's the longest time then before you have to revisit the barber.
Speaker 2: Do you think there's a very strict sort of dress code at the Pearly Gates to get in the heaven? Like listen, David was going to but the hair it's all messy. Go and get a trim and come back. You love crosswords and any kind of wordplay.
Speaker 4: Scrabble is another thing we played this weekend.
Speaker 2: And both you and old but we don't eat much. Old folks don't eat that much today. They always I've had sat sommer early on full up. I've had to come quite earlier at eleven. I'm full up at you're the same.
Speaker 4: Well, this is my breakfast this morning, like a three protein peanut butter balls.
Speaker 2: Those they've come up the ars of a rabbit. What those are not all rabbit balls?
Speaker 4: What are they made them? Yesterday? Pein what out of sadness of peanut butter, honey, protein powder, tumeric.
Speaker 2: It's I didn't know you get food bag? That's slaw? What's that for? Putting in a carrot?
Speaker 1: At The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Five to but Tuesday coming up the other side of Patsy's News which is on the way, and we'll be on five phone in topics at the same time. One of them. I'm really hoping we get some good stories on this. I need some good stories on this. Yesterday the teenagers told me that all stories about coincidences are boring, all right, But these are the teenagers, by the way, who refer to me as basic white dad as well, new friendly term of abuse that I got over the holidays. They went, you're just such a basic white dad. I went, that makes you a basic white kid. I am I basic? What does that even mean? And she goes, basic You're not basic means white? You know what you are? Basic white dad? Why am I basic white dad? She went the way because I was simply saying, he listen, we're flying away, you know, to buy and bay tomorrow, so we need to wake you up at six fifty and went, such a basic white dad. The way you come in and go, hey, it's time to get up. Now, hey, it's time to do to go on, get on a plane to go to a really nice place. That makes me a basic white dad. Anyway, yesterday, basic white dad gets shot down when I started, we're talking about coincidences, and I said, some people have got these amazing stories. Is where you don't think it's this chance? Oh no, not these stories, they're all really born. I went, no, no, no, no, there are some amazing stories of coincidence. And I went, what are they when I don't have any? Right now, I'm going to go on that radio show. I need some amazing stories of coincidence, so that basic white Dad can go back today. Go right, I've got three to tell you about that I've just learned today. So have you got a truly great story, okay, a really great story for this basic white dad about coincidences because some people, you know, there's people tell you these things where they didn't they lost contact for like twenty two years and then they both happen to be sat next to each other in a pub. You know you hear these amazing.
Speaker 4: I'm sure they do exist. I can't think of any of the top my head.
Speaker 2: Oh no, now I'm getting wind. The basic white Dad's going to come back to then and go, well, no, now it turns out there perhaps have you got any of amazing coincidence?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Not really, No, no, I can sort of bring close ahead.
Speaker 2: Right, please, someone must have them.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Does everyone think it's Monday? It feels like it doesn't. It went out there to go a cup and I said Happy Monday to Pole. It does feel like Monday today. Maybe that's why the coincidence stories that you've been kind enough to share with us so far. The teens are right at the moment, They're mildly interesting, aren't they.
Speaker 4: Well, you've set the bar really high. You said, we can promise you great coincidence stories.
Speaker 2: We haven't had those stories. Chance about hospital beds being next to somebody and mum and dad met and turns out they live like five minutes from each other. These are more happenstance. What has happened ever said the phrase happens stance in my life? What has happened is that I think you're right, it's used for such an occasion.
Speaker 4: As a boring coincidence.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe there's like a scale here where it goes happenstance. I think then and above that is coincidence, and the bottom is mildly interesting.
Speaker 4: I think happenstance is just something that's happened. And most of these stories.
Speaker 2: Use the phrase happenstance until we've just used it in this exact moment. I have never said the word happenstance before, Honor off the radio. But anyway, is it a new day for everybody? Happenstance feels like a new Richard Curtis movie Starry Hugh Grant as Doctor Happenstance moves to a village where the city ways well, the locals adopted happenstance out this weekend for Valentine's So the search is on. The search is on for truly great coincidence stories. Otherwise I'm heading back today in some of the teenagers they were right, all right then? So the other topics today for five Topic Tuesday. Family traits that you've inherited. We might think we're all our own people, completely independent from our parents. However, slowly there's the dawn of realization that there are certain physical and certain little ticks we will have about ourselves that you have inherited some family trait from mum or dad. What are those family traits that you've inherited. I'm looking looking for good stories about where you met your other half. I was catching up with an old friend of mine, Steve. Steve got divorced a couple of years ago, and he's got a new girlfriend. And yes, make a bit of small talk, said, where did you meet her at a funeral?
Speaker 4: How romantic?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they met at a funeral, actually got together at a funeral. They made out at a funeral. And whether there's something in the air at a funeral.
Speaker 4: That it was highly charged in motion.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I could understand that anyway. Funeral girlfriend has already referred to us. I don't even know her name. This is how men talk to each other, isn't it? Funeral girlfriend is So he's on his fourth date with her. Yeah, where did you meet? Unusual places? You met your other half? I saw them before they were famous? Who can you give a good story about someone you saw before they broke big? Might be a sports star, might be Dusty Martin when he was a teenager. It might be a band, a comedian. You saw them before they were famous. I remember we were last year when we were given away in Elton John tickets with that amazing story. Someone who was there in nineteen seventy seven when Elton came to Melbourne. Yeah, festivoll Moore. They were then told us about how he ran out of songs, but he was enjoying being honest, so we started to play Beatles songs. So, yeah, who do you see before they were famous? Last week on the show, Jack was telling us about how he got star by jellyfish in Mexico and a doctor advised that urine be applied topically to his stings. Unusual remedies for ailments. What are the unusual remedies you've heard of or been advised to take part in for your ailments? Unusual remedies for elments? And then the holy grail today, are we going to get a really great story about a coincidence? We will wait and see. Put you said, Brad, always a voice of confidence, just nod on his head light. No, basicly white dad is wrong on this one. All right? The all important phone number for all your stories today nine four one four one four Three family traits you've inherited? Where did you meet? I saw them before them were famous? Unusual remedies for alments? And have I got a coincidence story for you?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Dave has just sent me an email saying his kids go actually go back to school today. This is the first school Runner twenty twenty. And hearing me talking about how my kids just accuse me of being a basic white dad. You term of abuse to have for me. His kids have said that that he is also a basic white dad. I've started something here. I'm sorry. All right, let's go to lines then for five Topic Tuesday, Let's go to Libby. First off, this morning, Good morning Lebby. Hello, So Nibby, you're calling in about the topic about how did you meet? So how did you meet your brother half?
Speaker 10: So I was going out with this guy and we were going to the driving for the night and he was to pick me up and.
Speaker 11: His best mate turned up instead.
Speaker 2: A body double. I can't.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so he basically yeah, he basically said to yeah to best like his best friend, which is now my husband, said oh, you know, I'm you know, I can't make it tonight.
Speaker 6: Do you want to go along?
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 10: Yeah, so my now husband came along, which was his best friend, and yeah, it was a really good night at.
Speaker 2: The driving And what movie did you see?
Speaker 11: I think it was called Midnight Traine.
Speaker 10: I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: We're not looking at the screen. That's a lovely story. I love that story.
Speaker 6: We we're been.
Speaker 11: Married thirty five years and his best mate was the guy who was meant to be going out with was our best man, and.
Speaker 4: He sent somebody else because he couldn't make it.
Speaker 2: Yes, Levy, thank you very much. You con we have a good day.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to Helen that my producers have labeled up Helen's brackets hands free Helen.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good to have you a nice long weekend, Helen. And which topic you're calling it about this.
Speaker 7: Morning, mate, I'm calling it about who I met before they were famous?
Speaker 2: Oh great, Yeah, who was it?
Speaker 7: ACDC?
Speaker 2: Oh that's a great one. So when did you meet ac DC?
Speaker 6: We met them.
Speaker 7: We went along a group of girlfriends to a school dance to see them, and I don't know what happened. I think we got there too late. We couldn't get in. We were listening to the music out. They came out at the end of the concert invited us to a party. We couldn't go because our parents were picking us up. They said, we're staying at this hotel. Come visit us, which we did. We waged school. Got to know that Angus was only sixteen. They were just starting out, playing a lot of local gigs. And we had them in our school dance for two dollars a chicken.
Speaker 2: That is amazing, two bucks to see the young ACDC. And Angus was sixteen, Yeah, six.
Speaker 4: I guess then he's wearing the school uniform, but not ironically.
Speaker 7: I think that was the real school uniform. So we used to go in out and we got all their autographs and their bits of hair. We'd cut their hair and like their half strings. But I don't even like them now. But you know, my husband says, you can't sell that stuff. It's gold.
Speaker 4: So you still got the hair.
Speaker 2: Who goes to see a man with a pair of scissors on the off charts you might be to cut their hair.
Speaker 7: No, we used to go and visit them at their hotel room. Nothing, nothing untoward. And like one day they went out and left us. They said we'll be back in a minute. Don't let any anyone in, and we were going through their lyrics and trying on their boots and stuff, and then they came back and we were so embarrassed.
Speaker 2: Oh this is awesome, Helen, this is a great story. All of this is great. So please tell me this thing. Have you still got Acdc's hair somewhere?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: Where is it?
Speaker 7: I made up like an autograph book and I've got it in there. But it's got what's that stuff you called contact?
Speaker 4: So you contact over the hair onto the pages.
Speaker 2: In the Amber of contact.
Speaker 4: One day scientists will be able to recreate.
Speaker 2: That's great. What a creepy autograph book.
Speaker 7: A girlfriend of mine's and their hostess. She was we like, oh that's right, because her parents owned a piece of plate, so they used to come to free plates through all the time. D Yeah, Malcolm and Angus And she was on a flight with Malcolm was on her flight and she said, oh, hi, I'm Malcolm. You probably don't remember me, and he goes, yes, I do, Rosie.
Speaker 2: So I've still got the ball pack.
Speaker 4: You've got something in mind life. Want back.
Speaker 7: Lots of stories, you know, like, but I won't because it's not well.
Speaker 2: Listen, I tell you what. We've got a new feature here, Helen Bracket's hands Free a story a week, please Helen. If they're as good as this one about a c d in ripping their hair out their head. Got amazing work. And what do you do, Helen? What do you do?
Speaker 7: I'm a care at.
Speaker 2: I bet you are. I bet you're an awesome care as well. Just tell you got a big heart and a big joyous laugh as well. Henlen, you call us whenever you want with your stories. That one was a great one. Thank you.
Speaker 7: Okay, I've got a coincidence. When I'll get back.
Speaker 2: To get back to me. Yes, you got some caring to do, and I've got the ads to play. You know, see soon, Helen.
Speaker 1: The Chris Jian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Midway through five topic Tuesdays. So far some amazing stories and some amazing calls. As ever, every Tuesday on five to be Tuesday when we run five phone ins at the same time. The ACDC story we heard just broy was a classic. All right, here are the things we're looking for today from you, Jill. The next half an hour on the show, and then we give you an update. We are twenty four hours away from Bear Day. Tomorrow is Bear Day, our Bushfire relief fundraising beer goes into production over at Hawker's. Will give you an update at eight thirty before that. Then the topics this morning. Have you got a coincidence story for us? My kids? Yesterday? They are tough crowd teenagers told me categorically that all coincidence stories are boring. You have had a good one so far.
Speaker 4: Can I get you to quickly rank a couple I took off air a guy who sat next to Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen on a plane.
Speaker 2: It's story.
Speaker 4: And then the other one was a lady who bought tickets to go see the eagles, and when she got there, she was seated next to her husband's auntie and uncle.
Speaker 2: Chance happens. Use that word today around the office to press your friends. All right, so have you got a coincidence story for us? No, seriously, have you, because we haven't found a good one yet. Unusual remedies for ailments. Jack was advised to use urine a risk Christmas break in Mexico. I should have said, were stune by jellyfish, by the way, not just as a cheap after shave. Unusual remedies for ailments. I saw them before they were famous ac DC at your school dance is pretty incredible for two dollars to get in and see them as well. Where did you meet? My friend is going out with someone that he met at a funeral and family traits that you've inherited. The number you need nine four one four one four three, Damien, Good morning morning?
Speaker 13: How are you?
Speaker 2: Good morning? Damien? Did I I think I overheard part of the conversation where you were correcting Jack that your name is Damien not Dean. Yes, yes, I think we need to.
Speaker 5: Get to get all the plan I'm getting used to it now, right.
Speaker 2: All right, Damien, what's your story for us about a homemade.
Speaker 5: Remedy for it? Yeah, I got a home remedy for you with vodka for sunburn.
Speaker 2: Vodka on sunburn, or just have a shot of vodka and you don't feel the pain.
Speaker 11: Nah.
Speaker 5: So about two years ago, I was working and living in Ukraine in the summer and I got really sunburned. So I asked my friends stars where I could get some sort of Alvira or something. He had no idea what it was. Told me I needed to get a big ball of vodka and just lather it on.
Speaker 2: It's very expensive, is not cheap.
Speaker 5: The thing is actually found Olivia over that Alavia is more expensive than vodka.
Speaker 2: Did it work?
Speaker 5: I didn't try it, but the image of him doing that is enough for me.
Speaker 2: The stench of like wandering around people thinking you're an alcoholic are going to know. It's the summer and it's very bad.
Speaker 5: I mean, everyone already knew you with an alcoholic anyway, and just.
Speaker 4: The term leather doesn't really go with vodka. I don't think you'd work.
Speaker 5: No, no, not at all. It's not a pretty sight, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Jamie. Thanks you killing me, no good one and you Ben? Good morning, Good morning, hey Ben, welcome to the show. A great long weekend. What's your story for us?
Speaker 13: I've got a how I met your story? Actually, my wife out at a wake.
Speaker 2: Awake, so another funeral. So you at what point during the proceedings of the weight did you ask her out?
Speaker 13: Well after was leaving, but I didn't. It's my chance and took my opportunity when I could.
Speaker 2: So what you hung back there, helped to clear the plates away, and then went he Now is that a park?
Speaker 13: We actually knew the girl that passed away, both of us, And yeah, I just walked up and gave her a hug while she was crying, and she said, hey, do you want to catch up later?
Speaker 2: Hopefully not just the same hug, was crying, patting her shoulder and whispering in the ear. Why don't we get out of here?
Speaker 4: Like you just gave yourself a clap.
Speaker 13: I actually told my son about this story literally yesterday, and I said, don't worry, you'll find to go one day. He goes, yeah, Well if I don't, well, I guess I can just go to a funeral.
Speaker 5: That's not the point mate.
Speaker 2: Again, what's the strange noise? Is that firecrackers going off?
Speaker 13: It's a bottle actually having a drink.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, vodka. Vodka said for somebody and thank you very much. You cool have a good day. Than give us all three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I just sent the spent the duration of this four minute song having an email back and forth with a guy who's teasing me with the story. Or he said he cannot go into any more details. Tim, why email me? Let me know? You met your wife in prison? He met his wife in prison. Either he's she's locking him up or he's locking the prison. Someone in this relationship is the god and someone's getting conjugal. We need to know who it is. But Tim won't tell me. Said he can't go into details because people might be listening. Tim, hopefully there are people listening, or well, we're all in big trouble. Hopefully. I said, that's what I said to Jack every day. Hopefully someone might be You can hear our words, all right? This takes some calls, Christian. A friend of mine met his now wife after hitting with his car. He crashed into her because he wanted to exchange details a bit of a risky and that's quite dangerous. Irene, good morning. You've got a homemade remedy for us.
Speaker 6: Yes, I've been an amazing remedy for sprained ankles. I used to do it a lot when I was a kid, and for some reason, my dad bought two slices of bread, preferably toasted and soasting his homemade wine. They sat around the ankle, and that was supposed to help.
Speaker 2: Let's just break this down. Sprained ankle, homemade homemade wine, toast, Yeah, dipped in his homemade homebrew, his moonshine, perhaps around his daughter's ankle. And you kept getting this injury because it wasn't treated right with old alkie bread.
Speaker 4: Would you do you put your sock on over it? Or do you elevate your foot in any drapes that are.
Speaker 6: From what I remember, it was just elevated and I had this piece of toast draped over it.
Speaker 2: Some of these we've heard before, various things. I have never ever heard of. Toast dipped in homemade wine for a sprained ankle.
Speaker 6: I don't know why toast, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean drink homemade wine. If you ever drunk homemade wine. It's really strong. You forget you've got any sprained ankle. Iren. That's a great one. Thank you very much for sharing that. That's awesome. You have a great day, mate, Thank you counting.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Hi, my stories about how I met somebody. About ten years ago, a policeman came to interview me about a body that was floating in the Yarra, and he called back a week later and asked me out.
Speaker 2: That's some skills. Hey, listen, forget about that body, how about you got.
Speaker 4: How did it work out, Carolyn?
Speaker 7: Oh, we went out for that.
Speaker 2: That was it though, and then he found another body floating in another Probably that isliev So what did he call you back up and say just a couple of follow up questions?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Yeah, and then now yeah, hit.
Speaker 4: Me with it.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's unbelievile. Great story. Thank you very much for calling.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So exciting times. Twenty four hours time after tomorrow's break for the show, ends, will be heading over to Hawker's Brewery. The reason is our beer goes into production. When I mean I don't mean us on the show, I mean you the beer that we've been trying to make together over the last seven or eight days since we came back from our break. We came back last Monday, said we wanted to do something to try and raise funds and to do our small bit on the show. Like a lot of you been doing your bits to help the bush Fire. Believe however, you can and have a weekend and because we're lucky enough to have this platform, these microphones, I really wanted to try and do something. And we come with the idea of a fundraising beer, which which is great because you can fundraise while drinking beer and being sat down or stood up. So it's a win win. And so the beer, thanks to all your suggestions last week, it is going to be called Heroes Gold. Over the last couple of days we realize how we are way out of comfort zone. We have no business getting into beer making. We spent the bulk of the time arguing about the design of the camp so and so that I was on my way to play Gold Friday afternoon and pulled over when a historic moment, Jack Post called me. Now he might go, why is this remarkable? I called Jack Post called you last night? Didn't he never responds? He never picks up the phone. You don't call Jack Post. Jack Post calls you quite literally saw it, and actually, Jack, what actually pulled over? Do you want to take your hands free? I need to pull over and prepare myself for such a landmark moment. I think it's about the third time so I've been working together in three hundred and twenty four shows. You have me, And when Jack Post calls, especially on a Friday afternoon, when you're out of it on a Friday, I was like, this is amazing. And it was us both going what are we doing about the beer can design? And it hadn't been for one of you, a lovely lady called Steph, I don't know where we'd be.
Speaker 4: She completely saved the day. I mean, we had what looked like a high school version of like, let's make our own beer and yeah, And.
Speaker 2: The reason why we were getting so precious about it is you care so much about this, and you've done so much make these amazing homemade jingles, trying to do everything you can. I just want when you see the beer in Dan Murphy's on the shelf or in a pub. I wanted to really sum up what you feel about what we're doing. And why we're doing this, which you know, a lot of them having fun with it. The really important thing for us is that it is actually about raising a glass and saying thank you and cheers to the people, the firefighters and everyone else, all the volunteers, tradees like peers who are giving their time for free for the rebuild, to celebrate them and the unknown people we don't even know who they are, but they've been doing their bit, doing extraordinary stuff. And those are they as they are heroes. They are everyday heroes, not every day heroes, they're just heroes. And so we wanted something on the beer can that sums it up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think online or on our website or on the gold home page, you can justify having design that's.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know what you're talking about. I'm very proud of fact this radio station still uses technology from nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 4: Well, the main one for us was last year when we did one Last Dream or in Sorry two thousand and seven, twenty eighteen. We wanted a great looking rock and roll music poster, gig poster, and the designs that kept coming back look so lame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we appealed for help last Friday, and you know what, we should have done it earlier on the week but we thought we knew what we were doing designing beer cans. We didn't. A lady called Steph called in, and I think she actually regrets it because Jack spoke to a Friday afternoon. I called her ten thirty on a Saturday morning, right had an hour long chat with her. She'd already put a day into it on Friday. I want some tweaks, and so she was like rushing out the door to go away for the long weekend. Said she get back to it Monday afternoon. I said, do you regret ever calling the show? Which went a little? She could believe me, She goes, it was one thing Jack called. Now you're calling on a Saturday morning. She goes, I get. I love the fact that you actually both are so involved in the design of the beer can. So but the beer can now can shining out. It's looking amazing. We're almost there, about ninety nine percent there, and it looks fantastic.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to Sheldon everybody.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing. Then big starts be made tomorrow, Hawkers, they're doing it okay, And then the week off February the seventeenth, which is about three weeks away, is when you can buy. It's going to be stocked at Dan Murphy's and BWS. Also there are pubs who can take kegs of it. I'll give you a role call the ones who have kindly stepped up so far. There are plenty of kegs still available, so that's how you can get a hold of it. We're hoping to give you news by the end of this week of how you can also pre order it as well. You've been kind enough to also make some homemade jingles. You think all the great VB adverts and that they've got great, big epic jingles, and that's what we need. That's the next thing we need for this coming up next to play the ones we've had so far.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So in February, our bush Fire fundraising beer Heroes Gold is out for you to enjoy. Coming out the week of the seventeenth of February. You're going bye in BWS and Dan Murphy's. Thank you very much to the following bars who've been asking for kegs. There are still a load available if you want. If your local pub to get in contact with us. Thank you for actually Grosvener Hotel in Saint Kilda, we need to get down there. You've taken ten kegs of this, which is astonishing. Thank you very much for that. In Thornbury Carlwen Sellers have taken five. Barra Mansca Brunswick and Grandview Hotel have also taken some each up in smoking Footscray, Central Club Hotel here in Melbourne, Hopshead and our Tona and Point Cook. Missus Palmers have taken a keg as well. Provincial Hotel in Fitzroy Country, our Hotel in Yay London Tavern just down the road from us in Richmond, Cooper's in will we did our live show last year also taken it as well. Thank you to all of you who've been taking it. There are still kegs available. All the support is great, the need and appreciated as well. It is a bushfire fundraising beer Heroes Gold and to how it goes into production. All right, some of the jingles that you've been making, some of these have been brilliant. Thank you very much so far then we really love Travis to trade Honeeda.
Speaker 12: Hero Honeed a Hero's Gold at the end of the fights. Well, it's gotta be cold, and it's got to be fresh, and it's got to be flowing all night.
Speaker 2: It's good. Then Ye've got to be cold and flowing all night. However, with that big voice of Travis, he has a rival. Step forward, Liam, Hey, Christian, Jack and Pats.
Speaker 12: I actually came up with this one yesterday before I heard.
Speaker 2: Travis's, which is good, but he's ripped off that melody. So here goes Rile.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's gold one or four spears, she'll be I need a hero Yeah.
Speaker 2: The dazzle flames of burning.
Speaker 15: These firies are due and it's tough for you, so were the coolers and the King of rules.
Speaker 2: So go get a heroes. Yeah, yeah, thank you very much. Liam. That's great. Some of you been doing it while it's stuck in traffic. Just like a stream of consciousness thing like Sebastian on Friday.
Speaker 4: Shining in the lot.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be sipping on one tonight. Here's God shining in the lot.
Speaker 12: I had denied fiesdanight, God shining in the lot.
Speaker 2: Fars way, yell are to fight yours God. Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: You told me you're going to replay the good ones.
Speaker 2: Good ones, don't start that against Simon cow O came and then there was Bruce the Quiet Rapper who we met on Friday.
Speaker 15: Don't always listen to what you may hear, only fool's trick once. It's that kind of beer hero's gold.
Speaker 2: Now we put our back beat to this. Listen to this, Bruce the Quiet Rapper.
Speaker 15: Don't always live said to what you may hear Only fools trip once? Is that kind of beer hero's gold?
Speaker 2: Only four troubles.
Speaker 15: Just stop praiser heroes. They go winning taste scarcely for herself reading number one four he stops you off. Now prays our heroes hero's gold. Here is the word on the street, this ruse, etc. It just can't be be hero's gold. Just still praise heroes.
Speaker 2: Only folds trot once. Okay, only folks don't before? Okay, all right, So brandy ones are coming over the long weekend. This is Zach. This is more like a song. It's brilliant. Will the Rod.
Speaker 15: Heavy people livingdary lies.
Speaker 8: Track, This sturble too fat, this story so hes.
Speaker 2: Good, really good Jimmy Barns or something that really really know Zach, thank you very much that Rowena are also going to go over the weekend.
Speaker 15: AUSSI sol led us enjoy it drink of heroes gold. We there free drop remembering.
Speaker 2: Our heroes young and old.
Speaker 4: They helped to save our homes and land from fears expanding fires.
Speaker 2: No state was sped doussy screen for shared these heroes did not tire.
Speaker 4: Raise your glass to heroes gold, ussy, heroes, young endles. What was the shuffling of paper in the.
Speaker 2: Apologies why comment? Jackson Common said that is very good, really good, very good. Sometimes when the meuse strikes, why not just lay it down? Why they're shoffing going on the background. Bob Dinning needs to do this all the time with his basement demo tapes. And also just it felt like a meeting going on in the background. Yeah, you might have been the tellypat all right, please give me coming. We love these jingles. It's Christian at Gold one O four three dot com dot au, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Friends. Here we are another week on the atwork time wastuff Only. On this morning, Jack and I were talking about our muscle of the day, the Obliques. Jack's been doing some window cleaning over the weekend. If you've had done that, that's the muscle's done a side. Aren't there the abdominus I believe I've called the obliques. So we've decided to double down on muscle knowledge. Jack and I have been staring at the muscle map of the front on the back of the body because it's muscle movies. It's amazing. Names, aren't there for the various muscles we have in the body? Okay, we're looking for muscle movies today. That's of the Mohicans, of the Mohicans. The truth about lats and quads.
Speaker 4: That that was a sleeper. That's good too, The truth about.
Speaker 2: Lats and quads. He's just not that into glute He's just anyway mad gluteous maximus. Mad gluteous maximus. Dude wears my Latimus door site. I know enough lat stuff now and also kung fu muscle. What have you got the muscle movies?
Speaker 4: Jack Dude wears my calf.
Speaker 2: Ah dude wears my Latimus door site.
Speaker 4: The hills have abs, nice pex lies and videotape, yep a ductor.
Speaker 2: Doolittle, Nicey crowbard in nice.
Speaker 4: And this and the Biceptennial Man True by.
Speaker 2: Set one all right, then Senna shrs. Then muscle movie sponus points for getting a bleak in there. I tried, honestly for an hour, just staring at the Oblique and trying to work out if there was any movie you could crow bar in. Maybe you can do better.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Have a Jack now to mark your at work time wasters. Today's one is muscle movies. Remember I was offering a side prize for anyone who can crowbar in the Oblique. The Incredible Bulk. I don't think that's a muscle Bulk. Isn't a muscle silver dude wears my ABS funny silver. This is one for strong woy in order to have a little gym mates. Ten things I hate about leg Day Silver Plus. When's your leg Day?
Speaker 4: I bet you've got leg Day as tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Flex Club.
Speaker 4: Bronze, Thank you, Steve.
Speaker 2: The Royal tendon bounds. That's gold, Glenn, What do the good the bad? Any Oblique Silver plus almost robo cramp. That's scary, smart, well done, Abs Ventura Gold Quadzillat. There's someone who's a jim rat who is called quads. I bet there are several quadillas. I'm actually going to look at a minute inglorious biceps, gold, spring spotting, silver, beauty in the bicep.
Speaker 4: You're just putting at the end of it.
Speaker 2: Now, how do those who tricep in ten days? Rebecca in longa part that's made me laugh. Bronze the menu staic glutes. That is very good, Sherry, well done, Silence of the hamstrings, Bronze, Dante's oblique, Dante's peak.
Speaker 4: That's the best one so far, Silver plus.
Speaker 2: Dominic, well done. The wordzard of abs.
Speaker 4: Gold that's clever too.
Speaker 2: Uh No, that's a very good I think you did that one. I think the best one this morning. It's surely men who stare at glops. Yeah, yeah, Sherry, well on. Everyone very smart this morning.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Chinese New Year. Do you guys know what animal you are? Yes? Do you look over the weekend? Yeah? I found myself doing that because it was everywhere and people celebrating the year. Yes. So it's the Year of the rat, isn't it twenty twenty? Okay? So what are you Jack?
Speaker 4: I am the rabbit?
Speaker 2: Okay, perhaps you are I'm the rat, right, you're the rat, I'm the ox.
Speaker 4: That makes sense.
Speaker 2: What does that mean? The oxen diligent, hard work, and it says here, dependable, a leader, cautious. Excuse me, I'm why cautious? No, not that that's not level headed. No, not that strong world. Yes, yes, yes, it says it obstinate, also very silent people. You know my lucky directions? Did you know that you're a Chinese animal has a lucky direct Not until today. Mine really narrows it down north and south. Someone works in an northern hemisphere and now southern hemisphere, then maybe they are my lucky directions, unlucky numbers to avoid three and four. We'll see frequency for the radio session four point three. You're never going to work with me here, Jack, What have you got.
Speaker 4: A So the rabbit is proud, arrogant, even he is neighbors with the ox. Did you know that? No, I didn't know his neighbors with the ox, and always makes fun of how slow the Ox is. He does say that, and then this is probably fitting for me as well. The Jade Emperor said the zodiac order would be decided by the order in which the animals arrived at his party. The rabbit arrived first, but seeing that no one else was there, he went off to the side and napped.
Speaker 7: That is.
Speaker 2: A very true pabable. Now I've written down, I've looked down other famous OX people. Okay, have you got your famous.
Speaker 4: I've got Hunt. I mean, I've got some Take your.
Speaker 2: Best three, and we're playing like poker. I'm holding Obama, Walk Disney and Jack Nicholson pretty strong.
Speaker 4: I'm holding fellow rabbits, Queen Victoria, Albert Einstein, Michael Jordan.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Obama, Disney, Nicholson, the queen to Walk Disney.
Speaker 4: He equals empty Squeen.
Speaker 2: Obama dans he can dance and lead. Patsy tell us about the rat.
Speaker 3: The rat is acute, cautious and calm.
Speaker 2: That's me.
Speaker 3: I'm calm.
Speaker 2: You are not calm. I would say this whole team, you're the most explosive. Now you're calm, Calm, calm, calm.
Speaker 1: Bang.
Speaker 3: Where there are human beings, there are rats. Rats is a kind of an animal with strong adaptability. That's me, isn't it. Look how many Brecky teams I've worked with over the y.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true, through all of them.
Speaker 4: They're no longer on Air.
Speaker 3: My weaknesses is lack of persistence and stubbornness. I wouldn't think I'm stubbing, but.
Speaker 2: That's what stubborn person say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got an instinct for business and late success. It says I bloom in my fifties.
Speaker 2: Oh good luck.
Speaker 3: Yes, the best jobs for rats?
Speaker 4: How's this?
Speaker 3: A commentator, an accountant, a scholar? Well, the doctor.
Speaker 4: The news readers are kind of commentator it is, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Comment or whatever the Herald Sun say?
Speaker 4: And then a doctor at the end?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe that's what you do in your fifties.
Speaker 2: Who are the famous rats?
Speaker 3: George Washington, John F. Kennedy, Wolfgang Mozart.
Speaker 2: Oh, just wolfgangs. We all know it's Wolf on classical music.
Speaker 3: William Shakespeare is another.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but Obama, Disney Nicholson, Hello Jordan Air, Jordan's queen Victoria Eronstein. This is typical behavior.
Speaker 1: The christ John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Title of today's show is Basic White Dad. Thanks to all the calls and stories. We are back tomorrow morning, big day for us. It is Heroes gold bed Day. It goes into production tomorrow.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast,