Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: It's a Christian O'Connor show podcast.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning, Thursday morning. Welcome to the Christian O'Connor Show. Come on in Jack Post.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 3: By the way, just hearing Patsy there. Patsy back with us Monday. She had a routine and she wants me to really emphasize that routine hospital procedure last week. So she's back on the show last week. By the way, you need to get your story straight, Aliz. You're gonna have a tough first show back.
Speaker 4: What do you mean.
Speaker 3: On the day of her operation, me Rio, collecte Tom, everyone who works on this show sent her message saying, hey, thinking of you today. The only reason I know you didn't is because pats.
Speaker 4: Told me, yeah, yeah, good point and like.
Speaker 3: Your big brother. Do you know what she said, because as soon as I read it, Oh, I text him now she went, and don't you tell him.
Speaker 4: To Yeah, he's in that one. Having a team is for.
Speaker 3: No one told me to do it. I just went she she told us both when.
Speaker 4: It was hate missing something for pats as well, because she never forgets every time there's anything on, like if it was my uncle's birthday.
Speaker 3: She's never met it like it's Thursday today. You've got four days. If I was you send us some flowers.
Speaker 4: That's a good idea, and I actually will, and you don't think I will.
Speaker 3: But I'm going, well, here's what happened. You'll go and tell your wife. Christian said, I need to send flowers. Can you help Jack to do that? In fact, can you just do it? Don't forget please, otherwise it's going to be a frosty old joke.
Speaker 4: I don't want to start like that.
Speaker 3: We really don't. All right, Okay, so today's shows it's mullet's really over the next twenty four hours. In fact, it's not just next twenty four hours. This week. I didn't know this week. We take the shape this week, but this show just sort of slips and sides around and whatever. Mullets have been the big talking point last week. Are you. We're not going to know now until Monday whether or not you are going to get drunk this weekend and turn your hair into a munet.
Speaker 4: You're keeping the wider But I can tell you it's a very very slim chance I'll be able.
Speaker 3: To do I understand that.
Speaker 4: All I say you you know what you said Christian, as I'm leaving in the building yesday, said to me, It's like, ah, I'm just trying to imagine how happy I'd be if you came in on Monday with a mullet.
Speaker 3: I meant for you, obviously, I mean for you. Would you mind if I bring you and your wife some delicious alcohol tomorrow to enjoy over the weekend?
Speaker 4: That is the best chance we have of coming mullett great getting drunk?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: Forget Jimmy brings, Christian brings tomorrow for you. Okay, So later on this morning, the Mount Rushmore is dedicated to the best four the greatest four munnets? Who wore that look? The best?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: Michael Wolton from what whatever area?
Speaker 1: Was?
Speaker 3: It sport to me? So many munnets, not just in the past. Has the monet ever left AFL. I think it's always been there. It went it went down for a little bit.
Speaker 4: I think in the nineties it probably said we said goodbye to a little bit. Late nineties, early two thousands.
Speaker 3: Can spot the age of the current footy players, can't you buy? Who is still rocking the munet? The younger guys, it's like a default look for them. Isn't it. Yeah, So today the Mount Rushmore is going to be munnets tomorrow on the show. Do you think we're going to much with themunets as well? I've got a little bit excited Tomorrow there's a whole hour of munnet songs between seven and eight. Sometimes when I think it saying things on air, not everything needs to oppen. Okay, And we haven't been talking about ferret racing yet, which has actually planned. They must have thought it even it's not even listen to them properly. They won't be racing ferrets. We are very soon munet hour tomorrow, So to light its all munllet song.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: Let's read some of your emails late late Lavarty your home for all your emails whenever you want email the show Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Savvy's at First. This week we're talking about widos items in your freezer grown up. My mum used to keep my dad's business shirts in the freezer. As she reckoned they ironed better. Never heard that she also put her cigarettes in there.
Speaker 4: Wait, so how do you get a business shirt in there? You can't hang it up unless you got one of those phrases they got at McDonald's.
Speaker 3: This is amazing. I know some people that put the jeans and the freezer. I could instead of washing them to preserve the denamosity. But I've never heard of a it's a thing. Maybe I've never had business shirts in there. Amazing. And then then the pack of fags as well. Let's just be frozen anyway. Thank you very much, Sabby Christian, who were talking show this week about beating your parents after your daughter beat at the weekend racing. When I was about four teen, me and my dad would go out on our bicycles and ended up racing each other on the way home from school. He'd cycle to he'd go and get me, and we'd cycle back together. It's that lovely man, I've just been on your bikes with your dad anyway. One of our races, we were neck and neck, hurtling on the path when all of a sudden, my dad rode slightly too close to a tiny brick wall going round someone's driveway. He hit the wall at full speed, went flying.
Speaker 4: He's tried to take the chicage.
Speaker 3: Because I knew this would now mean I will win the race, so I'm ashamed to say carried on to make sure I won before cycling back to check my dad was okay. He wasn't. He lost two teeth.
Speaker 4: That's terrible.
Speaker 3: He lost two teeth and this bike was an absolute mess. It ended our racing competitions on bicycles ever that we never raced again after that. Chris Great email. Now, this is quite a little story here on Late to the party. Was it Monday? We were talking about the EPL player Eric Dyer, who had to leave again a big London derby. So you got eighty thousand people watching in the stands, millions watching all over the world between Chelsea and Spurs. He had to leave to go to the toilet. And I don't mean the number one and number two? How is it? Marinia? The manager chases after and asked, what the bloody how is he playing at? It's banging on the cubicle doortelling to hurry up. But you got to go, you gotta go, all right. So we've got story here from Nicole which I didn't know about and some of you may well know about. Christian listen to Monday Show and you're talking about how when you have to go, especially if you have the squits you need to go. I'm not sure about any of you guys on the show now about a famous Australian squat incident that my sister and I had only been talking about last week. How would you be suddenly bringing this up. Let's go back to nineteen eighty two and famous Australian mouth and runner Robert de Castilla vieu Coria. Yeah, no, it's him, Yeah, it's not in a developed diarrhea. Just after the halfway point of the nineteen eighty two Commonwealth Games marathon, in what has become marathoning folklore, he started to experience sharp abdominal pains that were inhibiting his chase of becoming the race leader. He was quoted as saying, I let go of my bows and there was some explosive diarrhea. He won the race, and Urban dictionary dot com now describes the word as a deek named after him. Robert D. Costella to have such violent and plentiful diarrhea that it runs down your leg into port in your shoe. This is too much, Come on, tidy this up. During the race, he signaled to his people to get some down touse when she used to wipe his legs and continue running.
Speaker 4: What is the signal for damn town?
Speaker 3: I mean, we've got people on this show. But if I was gonna, he's not. He's not done that again? Is he wipe his legs? I mean the dedication to winning this marathon, the nineteen eighty two Conworth Games, is to be in mind. Surely at the time, For quite some time afterwards, no one had realized that he was actually cleaning his legs off. Yeah, we get what what have happened? Because only he knew and I don't think him and his people had got hand signals for I've followed through. He went on to win the race, and now other athletes used this as a technique. If they need to go, they just run and go signal for the down market boos. Yes, this is amazing. What a story. That's from Nicole. Nicole, thank you very much for your email. If you've got any email, sort late to the email me Christian at Christian oo'connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: Christian, Hey, hello, Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: We're coming to your hair.
Speaker 6: You gotta come.
Speaker 3: Get a cut. You get a cut, you gotta cut.
Speaker 4: Everybody gets the cut, just like oh, bra button, no cuts.
Speaker 3: We've just got a cut. Christian O'Connors a man who's got because whil So we all wait, wait, wait, wait until the announcement in two weeks time from Dan and Show's the big thing that everyone's talking about the moment is come down to our hair, especially for guys, because guys, we got our haircut more regular so it's like every three or four weeks, and most people just rock up at the local barbers. You wait your ten twenty minutes and that sort of circle of death before you are allowed to go into the middle and get your haircut.
Speaker 4: I honestly think my barber where I go doesn't take appointments like you ring him and you go, can I have an appointment for this day? He says yes. I don't think he writes it down anywhere, because when I get there, I see with the walking customers and I just wait.
Speaker 3: That's not preferential treatment, that's not VIP. There's a guy by the way who works in this building on the Rival Breakfast show. Have you seen him recently? No came in at the same time with him yesterday. It was like I was walking in with the hedge that was chatting to me. I could barely see the eyes. Seriously, it was amazing. And you know when you look at something, they know you're like, go and he went, you're looking at my hair? I went, yeah, I it's effecting all of us. But wow, it's like he's got this thatch. It's like a walking edge with eyes. And there'll be more of him out there.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 4: I better be careful not to walk too close to him or else we'll get tangled. Cup up.
Speaker 3: So the good news is we have we're here for your hair Melbourne. We have eighteen appointments all over different suburbs all over Melbourne North South East West. We've got them for as soon as the salon's open. We've got the appointments that week. So men and ladies' haircuts, half heads, tones, whatever you need doing. I don't even know what tone. She had a hit a couple of years ago, didn't she? Where is tones? Tones? And she's cut your hair at the moment in North Comb. Let's start that documentary on Netflix. We're having the Tones all right. Lines are open now.
Speaker 2: Christian Christian O'Connell Christian o'connells.
Speaker 3: Show podcast time for us to open up the salon.
Speaker 4: You got get a cut, You get a cut, you got a cut, everybody gets the cut, just like Obra button no cuts.
Speaker 3: We've just got a cut. Christian coloris man who's got because all right, we got eighteen appointments at eighteen different salms all over Melbourne. We can slot you in if you haven't booked in to get your haircut. When they do open up in a couple of weeks time, when are they actually opening.
Speaker 4: Well hope, everyone's hoping they'll be October sixteen, but you know it's nothing's guaranteed at the moment. But we're all doing that same thing we did at first lockdown. It's like, ah soon, it's only a couple of weeks away. And then were all opens up and three parties.
Speaker 3: Everything's back on. It's like Dan didn't say, listen, guys on the sixteenth you can all kick off, don't go to work, get drunk for the week, all right. So when the saddles do open though, they're all going to be booked up. People have got their appointments already ahead of time. So if your hair is getting huge and everybody's is, we can help you out. Let us know where you are. We'll slot you in. All right, So you've got your appoint you've got our apotment.
Speaker 4: I've got the appointment book. The only one I didn't put in was remember the shy Who is the shy emailer that said he was too shiny?
Speaker 8: Mark?
Speaker 3: Was the guy email saying he was too shy to call so shy Mark? It is here in Richmond, now I do know, looking at our appoint where we can fit him in with Brauquel on Tuesday, the twenty seventh October ten am. Mark can get a half head and a couple of low wave on the half. Yes, ladies, you know what half head is is when they don't want all their hair dyed, they get their roots done. They call it a half head.
Speaker 4: Oh, I imagine just one half like the left, right.
Speaker 3: On the front or back. All right, let's take some calls now and slot some customer, sorry, clients here, just to call them, don't they By the way, when we hear this, it means there's another client.
Speaker 4: Oh I like that.
Speaker 3: I sent a ton of producer. Get the sound effect night someone's coming head. What hairdressers have you been in? There? Sounds like this. It's more like a grossers, like.
Speaker 4: The corner store, like buy your newspaper on the waken.
Speaker 3: When it's the bet as well, I get really anxious because that's often that short where there's there's that person there who's got all that stuff in their shop and no one else is in there, and that clang. You get terrified. I don't like anything here already. You can't leave straight away. You're trapped in there with that scary horror, Belle. Can I help you? Look round?
Speaker 4: I just left?
Speaker 3: All right, Let's go to the lines and Hailey, good morning? You going, Hailey? Good morning? I want tell us about your hair? Hailey, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Absolute lying at the moment?
Speaker 9: So you want to say gee weep?
Speaker 3: All right, Hayley. So where about saw your mate? We'll fit you in somewhere.
Speaker 10: Oh anyway, Ringwood, you know, all go anywhere.
Speaker 3: Okay, we can get you into Biber salon Eastland, Ringwoods. You can get to that, can't you.
Speaker 2: I can get there, yep.
Speaker 3: Friday, the thirtieth of October, still a couple of weeks away. Two PM. You with Michael, who is brilliant.
Speaker 4: I can't like to meet Michael.
Speaker 3: Okay, well you can meet him two o'clock. You got that Jack Friday the thirtieth that we could do a half head tone, protein treatment and a cut and blow wave.
Speaker 11: I get the whole kicking boodle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, someone else is coming in the nineteen fifties shot Chloe's here. That's just just coming Chloe, good morning. Hello, Hello, alright, Chloe, tell us about your hair, mate, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Okay, So I banged my hair in December for Cherry, and I've decided to grow it out. But it is a complete mock at the moment, and I tempted my own eyes hair color, which I regret. So yeah, it's just a look horrible.
Speaker 3: What color would you say it is at the moment? Then? How would you just gob?
Speaker 8: It's like it's a brownie but a little bit red and like throwing off kings of blonde.
Speaker 3: That's a lot going on there, isn't it. I don't be rude here. It sounds like rust.
Speaker 4: It sounds like you wanted to have of all the hair colors.
Speaker 8: That's exactly what it looks like.
Speaker 3: Okay, so where about sorry Chloe, kezy? Okay. Whenever I'm out that way, I always look at that spring Bell caravans out that way, aren't they. I always look at all the caravans that I'm thinking about buying a mobile office.
Speaker 8: What do you mean would be amazing?
Speaker 3: Well, when I can't work at home, I'm getting the caravan. I use that as my funk working office is just going rock up somewhere. What do you think I think? I think I'll get it as a tax jodge. Can't you as well? Anyway? Belgrave, you can.
Speaker 8: Do Bell Brave cart you I can, Yes, thank you.
Speaker 3: Saturday, the thirty first of October one fifteen, cut and blow wave with Simone, who is brilliant one of our best stylists, two days.
Speaker 8: Before my birthday. That is perfect.
Speaker 3: Oh right, I'll let simono so you'll get an extra special treatment while you're there as well. That's on us.
Speaker 8: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 11: I really appreciate someone else.
Speaker 3: This is coming the store, Bonnie. Good morning, Good morning, Christian, Bonnie. Let's play that this morning right for every time a corner comes off on corner, coming in Bonnie? Where about sell you mate? I'm in your park okay, And what's going on with your hair?
Speaker 12: My hair is lack Rapunzel, really it is so long? Yeah, and I guess over the last six months, it's just growing and growing, and it's at the point now that it's past my hips and it's got to go.
Speaker 3: And so have you thought about getting anyone to cut it in the house or do anything like that, or they just get it wrong?
Speaker 12: Oh god, I pray end up with a bowl over my head and that just chop around. It's no, no, no, let's get professional help.
Speaker 3: Okay, we can help you. So what about then? Where can we fit at.
Speaker 4: Preston Preston or North get Bonnie either one.
Speaker 12: Preston is probably close suns.
Speaker 3: Well, you've got two options here. I can get you into Preston on Saturday the thirty first of October nine am with Brook, or I can get you in the start of that week Monday, the twenty sixth of October at a gentleman's haircutter, Fleet Street barbers where they give you a short back in size Rapunzel.
Speaker 12: Oh gosh, no, no, no, no, okay, all right.
Speaker 3: So it's Biber Salon Preston, nine am Saturday morning, nice and early. Right when they open someone get Brook gets there early, one of our best tightists. Thirty first of October.
Speaker 4: They're all very good.
Speaker 3: We only have the best jack wi.
Speaker 6: Oh gosh, you booked in.
Speaker 3: And also I'm giving you because I love the sound of you. I'm giving you the refresh package, which is semiperment kind of roots to end, no idea what that is?
Speaker 4: Intensive when they do the roots halfway? Yes, and you go come on, can't you go to the end?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 3: Go right to the end of the tip?
Speaker 7: Please?
Speaker 3: Intensive treatment follicles. Excuse me, I said intensive treatment, cut and blow dry. You're getting alder that Okay.
Speaker 12: I'm getting the work.
Speaker 3: You're getting the works. Yes, the enjoy body, take care.
Speaker 4: Christian.
Speaker 2: Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: A couple of weeks ago, was saying how I'd ordered an inflatable hot tub because I'm a very very classy guy, and classy guys get inflatable hot tubs. If you want to know which one is, the classy guy owned the Miami you know.
Speaker 4: I looked it up for the first time since you've started talking about it, and it's actually way shorter than I thought it would be. I thought it'd be. I think of hot tubs like you know those wooden jacozzies you see like ski resort. Yeah, right up until your neckline. But now the people in the photos like it really barely gets over their hips.
Speaker 3: Now, the one we got said you can get six adults in Yep, the thing we've got, it's cozy with two. Okay, it's cozy your knees. You need to be friendly with the person you're in there with because there's a lot of knee So still excuse me, you know. So anyway, we've had it up now for two weeks, right, and I've I am starting to live in it in the evening. I don't even tell the family that I'm going in it, right because it's around the side of the house, and so I can disappear around there for half an hour before anyone realizes that I'm missing. And I sit in that hot tub and it's all hot. It's got a bubble to get the little button to get the bubbles going, and it is in the evening. It is so nice, just a solitude, serenity now, just in that hot tub. Right, it's brilliant, so much so. Right, I've taken I've got a small little chair that I put in as well, so I can sit in it.
Speaker 4: Wait, you can put a chair in there? What if it goes through the rubber.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, maybe maybe I could punch it. I hadn't thought about that, but I've got a little lawn chair. Actually, you know, I won't punch it. Hubby heartbroke of it. That was that hot tub. So I sit in it now in a chair, right, and I read my kindle and stuff like that. I've got it all sat done. And then my wife yesterday evening said the kids want it moved, right, and I almost started to cry. It takes about seven hours to fill it up there one hundred. It's like, don't just fell it up for ten minutes with the old host stood there and it's like a bird bath and we all get it. It takes hours, and I've got to drain it, and plus I don't know where to drain it because you're going to flood the garden. There's one hundreds of liters in there. So now I've got to move the hot tub. I'm actually got it. But the really big thing is that, so you know in lockdown, I've got the hot tub, I got the rowing machine and the table tennis. One of them has to go.
Speaker 4: Of course you can't. You've just got this weird gymnas.
Speaker 3: It's like my favorite kids. Okay, I'm not the dad in the castle.
Speaker 4: Well, he's in the table tennis table, the obvious one, because you guys haven't hit a table tennis ball since March.
Speaker 3: It's the table tennis that I have to sell, and I feel really sad about that. I felt I've let down that table tennis. I brought that table tennis table in good Steed and now I've got to sell it. So I'm actually thinking about whether we do a competition on the show to win my table tennis table, because it's virtually in mint condition. Is yeah, but then we've still got the five K rule. What if someone wins it? How do we get it to anyone else? But you can do deliveries, So you can do deliveries, all right, maybe next week on the show, then you can win my table tennis table. It could be yours. It's mint condition, Okay, mint condition. I think we've used it ten times.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: This is going to be a big one. This morning. We're talking about the Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 1: Ladnie's amazing, Pie's amazing. Combined the two, it's like putting the Sistine Chapel in the taj mahal.
Speaker 3: All right, So each week we do something called the Mount Rushmore and we pick a different category to debate and argue what are the top four, the very best four in that area? They go up on the Mount Rushmore. Today's one. We've been talking about it so much this week because it sits possibly a top jack's head. Jack is toying. They'll get the feeling that the toying has gone down to not toying a toy with growing here boof on which is getting bigger and bigger, and a lot of hair. So are we giving away free haircuts half an hour ago into a mullet?
Speaker 4: Yeah, where it's not the heat's not completely off, but it's been turned right down to a low simmer because both my mum came on the show and said, no, don't get a mullet, and my wife said, please don't get a money.
Speaker 3: These are the biggest nose a man can ever have.
Speaker 4: But biancared. Don't you think she left a little bit of the door open with saying, hey, if we have a fun happy hour this weekend, maybe we'll have a few drinks and we'll shave the side of your head and see what a mullet looks like.
Speaker 3: All I can say is tune in tomorrow morning at ten past state. I have taken on board the loop warmness now of you're getting a monnet, but the door being left slightly a child with the cocktails and the happy hour. Okay, I have a proposition a gift to both of you, you and your wife tomorrow morning at ten past eight. This is a last stitch. How Mary passed it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, if it doesn't, If it doesn't work this weekend, I don't think I'll ever have a mullet.
Speaker 3: I'm going to put about with you now twenty dollars that when you come in Monday you've got a munnet. Okay, well I want one.
Speaker 4: I'm excited to see what it looks like.
Speaker 3: All right. So the Mount Rushmore this week then is the top four? They very greatest on the Mount Rushmore? Who wore it best?
Speaker 6: The money just a little off the top and nothing else, and be proud of it, folks.
Speaker 2: It's time to bring back.
Speaker 3: I mean, he says, bring back the money. We're in a country where yes been around permanently. Has there ever been a decade where there weren't men in Australia rock in the money.
Speaker 4: Well, I said yesterday, I thought in the late nineties, early two thousands it went away for a little bit and feels like it's coming back as we as we come into the like twenty twenty. But I think it's always been there. And the person I want to put on that can I start off?
Speaker 3: Yeah, go on first, I.
Speaker 4: Want to put on Mount Rushmore completely contradicts what I said yesterday. I said, by the end of the nineties, no one in football had a mullet anymore. And then there's this perfect footballing. This has been around all three his playing career. Sticks Stephen Kernahan for the Carton Blues. We spoke to him on this show.
Speaker 3: What a voice here was the one when I first started on the show. Obviously it was very very important. People didn't want to know why I was here, that we like, what team you're going to bear it for? And it was this horrendous choice. If I don't get this out of the way really quickly, my chances were succeeding here are zero, and so we speed dated were every day for about the first eighteen shows. We had a representative, a former player or a coach from each of the footy teams trying to make me convince them to be a fan of their so on behalf of the Blues. We had sticks to legend. But his voice, I think he was calling from the bathroom, which had a bit of echo and reverb. But it's the deepest voice we've ever had on this show. It was like a kidnapper's voice. It sounded like Styx Kernerhan, he's a leegend.
Speaker 4: You actually thought we might have that program.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a technical problem. This voice was so terrifying and manly and deep, and it was like verberating. But his money is an amazing money.
Speaker 4: He had this beautiful, such a well kept mullet, and I think that's what I really liked about it.
Speaker 3: It keeps its shape. The munet is solid, doesn't it. You know? Even even playing sport. Or Wayne Gretzky had one ice hockey, got the helmet on you moving around, The hair doesn't move.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 4: It was so big in the back. But he must have combed it and kept it in the shape really clean.
Speaker 3: What we're saying is it's a well maintained monet. It's a really you look after the munnet, the mullet will look after you. It's a hair helmet.
Speaker 4: And that's what I can promise to my wife if she lets me keep get a mullet, I will keep it looking good.
Speaker 3: You know. You're also what you need to do is you get you need to get a special brush, you know, mullet brush. What's that bet of glory? What's that Will Ferrell brush that he's got for his hair brush. Yes, it's well known, all right. So who do you think more the best? What are the greatest munnets, whether it's sport or music. Who's had the greatest money. That's what we're looking for this morning. Gup on the Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 2: Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: We're talking about mullets today and our Mount Rushmore this week is dedicated to the great munnet who had it the best? So was just saying about Stick's Kernahan and how when he came on the show in the early days trying to convince me or when you hear this more threatened me it must support the blues. How deep his voice was? Have it listen to this? We found it right, It's really deep. It's slightly echoing because I think he was on I think he said he went into the bathroom. Have a listen to this. It sounds like he's in witness protection.
Speaker 7: Oh thank you yours, Christian Walker, os my hope. Be loving it here.
Speaker 3: I mean, how it so madly it's just one hundred percent testosterone. And of course mullet.
Speaker 7: Oh thank you yours Christian Walker, os my hope, you're loving it here. If we listening to you and Jackson to start last mon done gold to gripe shot, good beer to gripe tunes, and to listen to you, I've worked out, he's got the house sorted, he's had a school for your two girls. And given way of speaking this morning, you're saying we're still have important things are going well at sounds right.
Speaker 4: You know what it sounds like is when you play muck around with that graphic equalizer on the old school stereos and you turn and all the high end it's just the low end.
Speaker 3: It's just all the lower end. All right, So stick's kin a hand for Jackie Boye. I'm going for this guy, Mickey Bolton. You don't have a serious conversation about mudllets without Michael Malton being up there on the Mount Rushmore. All right, let's take some of your calls. Matt's on the like and what in.
Speaker 11: Matt, good morning guys, how are we going good?
Speaker 3: So mount rushmore of mullets. Who has to go up Matt.
Speaker 11: A, you cannot beat John Steinmos playing Jesse in Full House. The volume, the curls, the gloss, black, the passion, the care about his hair, not the hair, not the hair, like just absolute classic, iconic mullet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, it's a it's a it's you're right. It's a classic one. And it never moved, did it. It was it was immacketed whatever scene he was in in Full House. And it's a beautiful muddet. And he says he's quite a short little guy. About eighty percent of him is the mullet.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's another really clean yet well kept mullet.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, no, that that's an iconic one. Stemos, John's Damos has to go up there. That's a great one. Matt, Thank you very much.
Speaker 11: Thanks guys, have a great day.
Speaker 3: Anybody'd say save Calvin.
Speaker 6: A morning, Christian I reckon the best mullet of all time. Credit where credits due would have to be Dermot Breridon played Cena half forward.
Speaker 2: For the Hawks.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm a Hawks hater, but he did like a good mallow.
Speaker 3: He did, he rocked it. It's an amazing look that munet. It was to me he's famous the two things, punching people in the face and having an amazing mullet. Really told me you're right, one of the greatest footy mullets ever.
Speaker 6: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 5: That was an absolutely fantastic mullet and Matt Mullett running through the Essendam huddle at three quarter time in the I think it was the eighty six Grand Final. Yes, don't like Dermitt Breridon, but he did rock a good muller.
Speaker 3: That's right, well, said Calvin. Thank you very much. You Colma, have a good day.
Speaker 6: Thank you too.
Speaker 5: Cave up the good work, Thank.
Speaker 3: You, Kevin. Bye, Johnny, Johnny, good morning, Good morning, Johnny says, I'm good buddy. And uh mulletts who has to go up there.
Speaker 11: Like these guys have got nothing on that you can't be to seek for see Hulk Hogan man, that's the ripper.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he had. He even had the tash to go with it. His was a very sort of close crocked one, wasn't it Johnny here, what's going on there?
Speaker 7: Mate?
Speaker 3: It sounds like you're driving industrial.
Speaker 11: Digger just in the truck.
Speaker 10: Actually, how big.
Speaker 3: Is the truck? It sounds like we're stuck in the engine.
Speaker 1: It's probably because I've got the ephones in plugged in me.
Speaker 3: Right, well, stay safe? Okay, so you're saying, hold right, gotcha? All right, thank you very much, Johnny.
Speaker 7: I have a great guy.
Speaker 9: Guys have done alug job.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, Bye by bye? Is it me? A lot of the cords? They got other stuff going on in the background. Normally, you know, sometimes we're just like central attention, but it felt like they're all the last two quarters I've had other stuff going on. There is quickly just ticking this off.
Speaker 4: You know what it is? People are busy, but they hear about wanting to hear about the best mullet, and they're like, all right, well I've.
Speaker 3: Got to call in money magnetic power to its drawing ladies. Where's the ladies that some one don't even care about? Munnets?
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, so we're talking about Rushmore today of munnets, who is definitely up there so far?
Speaker 4: I think?
Speaker 3: Please tell me Michael Bolton.
Speaker 4: Bolton's definitely up there, Mickey b I think after looking at Hulk Hogan photos, which.
Speaker 3: Was their last call, this is horrifying.
Speaker 4: This is horrifying because he's going bored. But keeping the mullet. I think, you know it's a denial mullet, isn't it? Money is all about someone growing out. His is actually in retreat.
Speaker 3: You know those dolls that your sister's down where you can wind up the ham and it comes in or out. Someone was doing that to go.
Speaker 4: I think he should get extra points for keeping the mullet with no hell on top?
Speaker 3: All right? Fine? Does he sit slightly below the other four? Is he like a little one in the gift shop or something? All right, let's got to course before we go to the news headlines. Shelley, good morning, Oh high Christians.
Speaker 12: I think Billy ray Cyrus is a big one for the big mullet. He had had something to compensate to his singing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean his was an aggressive, big, noticeable mudget. Wasn't it that.
Speaker 2: He didn't call it a mullet.
Speaker 12: He called it the Kentucky Waterfall?
Speaker 3: Did he?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 3: Never heard that. I did not know about that. The Kentucky Waterfall. You say, yes, that's what he called it. Now, Shelley, you're the first lady to call and have any kind of opinion about the munet today. So while you're on, where do you think about Jack's monet? Is it another no like his wife and his mum or no, I say go for it.
Speaker 10: If it looks bad, you've always cut it off.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've got wiggle room. All right, Shelley, have a nice day. Thanks for calling, Worries.
Speaker 2: Thank you, bye, Scott.
Speaker 3: Come on, let's go to Scotty. Now, come on in, Scott. Yeah, we're good, Scott. Who do you think has to go up there?
Speaker 9: Well, we have to have to recognize you ossy musicians, So big, big, big blond mullet.
Speaker 1: Mullet would be John Faron.
Speaker 4: The Australian Billy Ray Tarras. No one ever called him.
Speaker 3: You're the voice and you're the munet. It's the Australian Billy Ray cyrus what he's saying tag there? Yeah, I mean that's a definite contender for FANSI up there. Yeah, he's had an amazing hand. Scott. That's a great one. Thank you very much. And cool let's go to Tracy. Hi, how are you? I'm good, Tracy? What do you reckon about the mudet?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 3: Who wore it best? Ah?
Speaker 9: John Farnham's was good? But heir, can you go past Richard Mark?
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, you look.
Speaker 8: At the face, you look at the hair. He sings an oh, you're just melt away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, trifactor, the voice, the hair, the man, triple threat.
Speaker 11: Yep, exactly.
Speaker 3: You take away one of those bases of that pyramid. It's not the same. Yeah, that's a good one. Richard Mark's had a very well manicured mullet, didn't He Not so big and noisy as say Billy Ray Cyrus. It's more contained.
Speaker 7: No, that's right.
Speaker 9: You know they say that the quiet ones are the ones you gotta watch out for.
Speaker 3: Quite that can be a quiet mullet.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't call it a quiet mullet. I don't think there is such a thing as a quiet mullet. They're all loud and everything.
Speaker 9: Goes quiet when you look at him, you just go on melt away and.
Speaker 3: Tracy, have you seen him recently? I don't know what he's done, whether he sold his soul. He looks lately, but he looks great. He's a smoke show. I mean, I'm happily married, but that is a great looking man who's aging beautifully.
Speaker 9: I know, I know, you know, I mean, I just imagine the mullet's still on there now is Tracy?
Speaker 3: Thank you very much?
Speaker 1: It called.
Speaker 2: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: So this week it's been the Budget and Paduca Rio saw on Channel nine as part of their news coverage. This always happens all over the world whenever it's a budget. They go and they cut to a real family, a typical family. But what does all this mean to you at home? They always refer to us as you at home, don't they We don't do what they're on radio? What does this mean to you? To you? And wouldn't you at home give us a call this morning? Anyway, there's a photo of a family. I don't know what's going on this family. They look as miserable as sin, maybe because they're watching the Budget, you know, in the evening and not Netflix or anything else will stand. However, what caught producer Rio's eye is the enormous size of this couch. I mean, it looks like an airport waiting lounge. Doesn't it first class or something? How many seats are on this L shaped couch?
Speaker 4: We should we go through them and try and count.
Speaker 3: Yeah, starting on the left side of this photo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a family of six but there, But then.
Speaker 3: Why is there room for possibly twelve one two? Is there also a clubhouse for a VFL team to conduct sort of halftime talks?
Speaker 4: One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine ten? Do we count that corner seat that would be squishy if someone will skip and.
Speaker 3: A family get to the Christmas there's always an argument. It's always one of the kids that's meant to go in the corner one. You can't make your nan go in the corner seat.
Speaker 4: Eleven, twelve, thirteen would fit thirteen adults comfortably.
Speaker 3: Right, I mean, but there's only how many people are on this here? For this staged photo for Channel nine, where's unconscious or dead or asleep? It's a budget There's a kid that looks is like look like he's watching a horror movie. It's Friedenburg on TV.
Speaker 4: Also, the kid is squished between the mum and.
Speaker 3: There's a time who's come from nineteen eighty two to about munets? Is not a doll or a human the third person. I mean, this could be a family violences. I'm really sorry. But and then there's two at the end. You look like they've just been drafted in or like the work, or they've had a massive fall out with these random adults. They don't look like a family. I'm trying to work out whose mum and dad, brother sister.
Speaker 4: Maybe they work for Channel nine and they're like, feel like they couch. It looks too empty.
Speaker 3: Not just that you could tell this this stage right, it's making me feel uncomfortable. The table that's got the two remotes. We all have two remotes, now, don't you have all the different stream in servis and you in the one that turns off on the volume is eighty five feet away from them.
Speaker 4: You have to get up. You couldn't.
Speaker 3: That's making me anxious. I don't know about you, Rup, but it's like it's like a holstered gun to me right, because I can't stand having to find the remote. It sits on my lap. It has to be I can't relax us. I know where they are. They're next to me, so I can get to them really quickly. Gets my gun.
Speaker 4: I even balance it on the end of my knee. Yeah, it's like right, you don't even have to pick it up, you just point it and click. They also notice that Dad is on a reclining chair, which means I think every one of these seats is reclining as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's an individual recliner, you know, where you don't all move as one. Yeah, you can have your own thing. Plus, I've also noticing some have got their shoes off, some haven't. That's all right if I don't understand the etiquette there. Who's keeping that? Dad's kept his on? Does he always got a shoes on when he's watching TV? Anyway? The question is what is the biggest couch in Melbourne? Let's try and find out, has anyone? So what do you reckon? This is a twelve seater.
Speaker 4: I think it's a thirteen theater fourteen. If you shove someone in that corner seat, right.
Speaker 3: It's huge, all right? Does anyone? So let's try and find out who's got the biggest couch listening right now? We need numbers. We're looking at a thirteen seater here? Can you get anywhere near that with your couch? Christian O'Connell Christian o'connells Show Podcast Welcome to the Christian O'Connell show. Do you have a story one of those, Well, it wasn't my time to go. We go one the other day. We're doing three topic Tuesday about you won't believe what hit me in the head, and it was someone told about how they survived a they're blowing up a chimney work. So I was telling the team years ago they used to just blow up buildings, not for funnel kicks, but rather than knock it down, then we'll just blow it up and you'd see like a car park and it would like be the main story on the news and people have to be evacuated from the area and they would literally blow up. It's an amazing thing to see, Yeah, blow up a car parks. So we just sort of collapse in on itself. But we've got on this. I do the sound effective here because it's the radio. I know a pro.
Speaker 4: Oh, I can really picture it. It hasn't finished. Very quiet explosion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's a surprising thing about it because you're drawing in the sound. You know it's an implosion. Explosion would be okay, but obviously it's going to be. As a kid, I love seeing that but anyway, she got hit in the head when they've blown up a chin, it's with her with a load of bricks. And so she had one of those stories Pat Birch where it ended with her saying it wasn't her time to go. And there are quite a lot of you with these stories out there. Some of these are so some of them are very, very full on. So we are wading through a lot of amazing stories right now. So the ones are puting on air, the ones that we think it's good to listen to. Some of them are incredible that you're calling in with, and some of them are very traumatic. Sean, good morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 3: Here you going of you what is your story? Then it wasn't my time to go?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Thirty years ago, I was driving my Volkswagen beat Down along the highway with my best mates sitting beside me, and I fell asleep behind the wheel and left the highway, driving right over the top of a colbt which would have flipped the car, and my mate screamed at me and I woke up and we were driving in thick grass, couldn't see, went straight through a whole row of really big gum trees, which you could have hit there only a couple of inches either side of the car, and after a couple hundred meters the car spun out and we stopped. We got out of the car, and we were less than a meter away from a tree which we would have hit head on, which was as wide as the car. And it just wasn't my time to go, Sean, And so.
Speaker 3: Can you say you and anybody got out of the car. Were you unscathed?
Speaker 9: Unscathed? The car was pretty badly beaten up, but we were unscathed, that.
Speaker 3: Is, you know, you can only describe that as a miracle.
Speaker 9: Well, God was looking for me that night, because, as I said, the car spun out, we were less than a meter away from a tree which was wide and the CARF we'd hit that head on, we would have been killed outright.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you said this happened thirty years ago.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thirty years ago.
Speaker 3: So there's no air bags and a lot I don't eve think seat belts were mandatory, were they?
Speaker 9: They were mandatory then? But it was a Volkswagen Beetle so and we had a pretty full tank of fuel and the fuel tanks right in front of the car.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So yeah, as I said, we got out of the car. We were laughing. We were following my brother in his car, and he came back after about ten minutes wondering where the hell we were. He was very angry with us. And then you saw we were laughing and saw that we survived, so he see the funny side of it, but he wasn't very happy at.
Speaker 3: This incredible All right, Sean, thank you very much the story. It really wasn't your time to go. No, have a good run, all right, and thank you for sharing that with us. Pizza, good morning, by here you going. I good pizza. So it wasn't your time to go. What's your story?
Speaker 1: Well, actually it was actually my mate. We were at you know, when we're young and dumb. We were at my mate house was getting built, and we thought I'd be find a jump on top of a chipping container. And while we're jumping around and set to a cock and night, can't there thing and he full off. Now leaning up against the chip container was a hop of jagged steel and timber all that sort of stuff, and then there was a one meter gap and then there was a whole heap of reinforced rubble and other missilanious glass all that kind of stuff, and he landed mac dang and middll on his butt without scratch.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, clearly he wasn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's incredible. All right, Peter, thank you very much and cool.
Speaker 1: Thank thank you.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show podcast. We got the outword tying Wester on the way right now. Last couple of stories saying it wasn't my time to go. Graham Is went to talk to us. Now, Graham, good morning, good day Christian. Now am I I'm good buddy, So it wasn't your time to go? What's your story?
Speaker 10: This actually happened just on Tuesday night. He was up cut and would help the bush and had this big long with it would there at the he plugs in and just cutting away daydream and sort of and this boy sawt in my head said check the oil in the floor, and I just sort of ignored it. Then something yelled at me and checked the oil. I walked over to you under the oil. Then I just this massive bang. Sorry, I'm just shaking a because I'm telling you because still a bit raw. And I looked up and the massive branch landed it right where I was standing. Second earlier sir, just sh it wasn't my time to go, was it?
Speaker 3: That's increment? This only happened two.
Speaker 10: Days ago, Yeah, Tuesday night. I'm still a bit a bit nervy about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They say when you have something like that, you have this adrenal dumping for days and that. You know, it's why animals, you see sometimes after they have a near that the experience for a fight, they when they walk away, they shake it off. It's literally to get your body moving again because you will that. Uh, that would have really affected you. When you say branch, I get the feeling you're describing You're you're under describing it. Do you mean like a great big tree trunk fell where you were a couple of seconds before.
Speaker 10: Yeah, pretty solid light branch probably I would have owned probably ten inches in diameter, you know, and probably thirty foot long or something. Climb me up.
Speaker 3: Isn't that incredible? When you say I always told you to go and check the oil, isn't that amazing?
Speaker 10: I can't believe it's a favorite pasted on me. I'll probably be checking the oil.
Speaker 3: Just go and check it again.
Speaker 2: Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Today's Time Waste for them. This is something I'm excited about because you know how much I love talking about on the show Ancient Egypt. What are they playing at? Has twenty twenty not develops enough scary stuff? Why would they open up coffins from two and a half thousand years ago? Why would they think? What hell is gonna await us now in those coffins?
Speaker 4: What are you What kind of curse are you worried about?
Speaker 3: Well, I've told about the curse of touton car Moon, how everyone involved in going into the inner tomb died.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they turned the pair off in London, they.
Speaker 3: Didn't turn the power off. The power went off when Howard Carter, the man that opened up the tomb of Tuton Carmou and the book boy king, the power went out. All the streets up of London went out because of the curse of Tuden Carmen. Now they're doing this, These coffins are sealed for good reasons, you know, are opening up coffins Egyptian ancient coff that have been silver for two and off one thousand years.
Speaker 4: It's our ratings go down at the end of the year.
Speaker 3: Is this? Now?
Speaker 4: Will know? Why is this?
Speaker 3: And tripping him and get back to number one. That's the curse. Eddie's behind this. I'm telling you conspiracy theory. You heard it here first.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 3: A couple of weeks ago, I was talking about how they'd mastually get the what the voice would sound like of an ancient Egyptian young prince NeSSI Aamun who was three thousand years old. And this scientist spent seven years to get this right, spending seven years of the life right every year, they going, you must have analyzed from his vocal is larynx what he would have sounded up right now, I'm going to need another five years, guys, Okay, seven years. He gathers everyone together and all you get is this. I mean, that's it. Seven years of your life and all you've got is this science doesn't thank you, sir.
Speaker 4: That's a guy who's done his homework the night before. Hey have you got that voice of the Pharaoh?
Speaker 3: I reckon he'd spent all the recent much many years ago and gambling each and now he just got some sound effect. This isn't anyone. No one sounds like this anyway today. Cue Egyptian music sitting are from Macy DC. At what time wasted today is ancient Egyptian songs. We're going off on one here, aren't we ancient Egyptian songs? All right? Ancient Egyptian songs? You ready, Jackie boy? Ready, I Sphinx. We're alone? Now?
Speaker 4: Oh God?
Speaker 3: Plus, I Sphinx? We're alone?
Speaker 4: Making me cross out my Sphinx one? It's just not as good Pharaoh?
Speaker 3: Is it me? You're looking for Pharaoh?
Speaker 1: Is it me?
Speaker 3: You're looking for cartouche?
Speaker 11: This?
Speaker 3: Who's cartos Cartoushe isn't it? Who is? What is the cartoos? She's an ancient calf scroll. Like I said, this is in my wheelhouse. I know too much about ancient Egyptian history. Cartoosis Papyrus. Don't preach.
Speaker 4: Oh no, you've just my only good one.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. All right, two more than I'm done. Things that make you go too gold? Can I get? This will be my first ever all gold run of the year. I'm looking at two here. She's wisely stuck in the pyramidal with you gold. Yes, go run folks. All right, Jackie boy, what have you got?
Speaker 4: It's a series of things I've crossed out because now I'm embarrassed to go up.
Speaker 3: Against ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics.
Speaker 4: The only thing I really have left that it's any good. Of course, we all know the word bar b a that means the physical vitality present in every living thing. Essentially the soul.
Speaker 3: You can't explain, funny, Come.
Speaker 4: On, essentially everybody's soul is the bar that's right, yeah, baby, bar bar bar bye bye.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: This already, even as starter with opening up those coffins is taking Jack's funny bone. That's not what you've got.
Speaker 4: The reason I really wanted to do an en sinc song is because Ba ba who sings that n sphinx?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 3: That is a goal.
Speaker 4: That's all I've got.
Speaker 3: I've got one I didn't do. Do you want to do it? Thank you?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Can you pass that to Jet's that one there? I circled it for you. I've just found one more ancient Egyptian songs. What have you got? Can you read this writing code for me?
Speaker 4: Simply? Simply, simply the fee.
Speaker 3: Simply the fez, simply the fairs. You can have a gold for my Okay, alright, what have you got ancient Egyptian songs? Isn't that hard to read my handwriting? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Especially because you use the big sharpie use like it's one word per a four page. But it's still had to read.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast, Good morning to listener. Pats are pats Ah.
Speaker 4: She's listening. Hello, pats Hey, I've been meaning to say as well. I hope you're feeling better.
Speaker 3: And why didn't you do it with flowers or a gift like I did the the day that arrived Monday.
Speaker 4: Yep, I'm going to have when you return, Pats, I'm gonna have flowers waiting for you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Pat's his message is still way too much explanation in the time waste today from posty.
Speaker 4: Ah, your flowers are gone.
Speaker 3: Producer Tom just said me, by the way, I don't think Patsy's going to be around to do the time. Sorry, I do double thumbs up. Fright of you guys. All right, So she doesn't fancy even though she's she's off because she had surgery last week and she's recovering. She doesn't want to be on the phone at six am tomorrow just to talk about what's going on at kmart. I don't know who Patsy is right now. They's so strange I mean, anyone who's off because they've had surgery, can't sit up right right now, wants the chance to speak on the radio at six am about what they're enjoying right now.
Speaker 4: Lo called TV shows.
Speaker 3: They said, yes, yeah, perhaps he got fat. She sent another one here, saying pathetic.
Speaker 4: Jack about the flowers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you send those flowers.
Speaker 4: Okay, No, they're going to be in her mailbox tomorrow's.
Speaker 3: Flowers in a melbo. Hang in a minute, where's the music? I got the wrong one? There we go. Let's go back in time to ancient Egypt for today's time waster. Ancient Egyptian songs. They're opening up the tombs that have been sealed for two and a half thousand years. Why do that this year? Why?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Ancient Egyptian songs? You were ready to.
Speaker 4: Mark ready, mummy Mia right start Gold.
Speaker 3: Knocking on Pharaoh's door.
Speaker 4: Oh gold plus David, that's very good.
Speaker 3: We don't need another pharaoh.
Speaker 4: Silver Lisa uh toon Camun Eileen, not quite there, Bronze, boom, boom, shake the throne room Silver, Summer of sixty nine BC.
Speaker 3: Gold, Gerard, well done. I want to dance with mummy body.
Speaker 4: Totally creepy and I like.
Speaker 3: Excavating my staysy. No, it's not can't tuck this gold five hundred niles proclaimers gold Uh katacomb as you are. Oh, oh wow, that's very good. Someone's been googling. Let's get higher glypher. Let's get higher glyph physical instead of physical bronze Uh, John Rob well done, Camel Eileen Gold. We can't do dude wears my right. We need a break at least one shot of five. But the five dude words mind that have been crowbat in. No, we're not doing them. Encourage them. Wake me up before you Pharaoh Silver plus shut up your fairs, our old friend Joe Dolce from who's calling? Alice? Well done? Who let the mummies out?
Speaker 4: Silver?
Speaker 3: Tanya, Baby, you can drive my ra Ah, Yes, we all know the ra ancient sun god.
Speaker 4: We do all know the ra Gold. Uh Babyloni has got back Silver plus. Uh, baby, you can drive my chariot bronze.
Speaker 3: Who ra are you?
Speaker 8: Who?
Speaker 12: Who?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 11: Who?
Speaker 4: Silver?
Speaker 3: Enter the two man?
Speaker 4: You know the music stop dating, yes.
Speaker 3: So much. It's like the Oscars, isn't it with the music actually stops As the opposite the Christian O'Connell Show podcast,