Speaker 1: Hey, I'm Peter Hellier and welcome to you. Ain't Seen Nothing Yet, the podcast that talks to movie lovers about classic and beloved movies they haven't quite got around to watching until now. Today's guest actress pe Miranda with nine hundred years old. You read your bookish good? You're not?
Speaker 2: Yeah, dogs danks say dank oh dogs, sure all right, danks.
Speaker 1: English? Motherfucker do you speak it? But haven't a right?
Speaker 3: No, you ain't seen nothing here.
Speaker 1: Pe Miranda is a joyous as you would hope her to be, bursting onto the screen and into our hearts in two thousands looking for Ala Brandy. Pea lights up the screen with an infectious smile which lies a warrior at heart. She won a straight in Survivor two years ago. That's right, she won it. I had the pleasure of meeting Pierre around the time of Ala Brandy and her subsequent roles in A Secret Life of Us, which is playing on the same network I was working on. I worked with her on my anthology dating series It's a Date in twenty thirteen, when she played free spirited Camilla opposite Shane Jacison's widowed Hugo.
Speaker 4: Hello, my name is Pia Miranda. Some of my favorite films are The Godfather.
Speaker 1: I want to make them an offul again with you Goodfellas.
Speaker 5: We were Goodfellas, wise guys, but Jimmy and I could never be made because we had Irish blood.
Speaker 3: And Heather's you were Heather. Now I'm a Veronica. And up until this week, I had not seen The Notebook.
Speaker 1: The Beautiful score from Aaron Zigman from The Notebook directed by Nick Cassavetti's written by Jeremy Leave and Jansardi and Ossie. We have an Ossie connection with this Notebook based on the book by Nicholas Sparks. It's rich versus Paul will Allie played by Rachel mcadam's choosey, strange love of her life Noah played by Ryan Gosling, or the rich, equally handsome, equally loving Lon Hammond played by James Marsden, Oh the Choice. This all plays out in flashbacks featuring James Garner and Gina Rowlands, and it's directed I Did Say, directed by Nick Cassavettis who is the Funny Enough the son of John Cassavetti's and Gena Rowlands, who features in the movie. Pierre Miranda welcome to you ain't seen nothing yet.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me pleasure.
Speaker 1: So before we get onto the notebook, I feel I feel based on your face favorite movies, we're going to get a sense of already. Maybe hey, you viewed the Notebook and what you thought of it. But let's just talk about those. I mean, you've picked some classics, two absolute classics, and a cult classic. Yes, categorize, So when when did you first watch Let's start with the two Mob films as The god From and Good Fellows. Whe Where did you see them? And then when did you see them?
Speaker 4: I saw The Godfather one and two quite young, because you know, being brought up in half an Italian family, it's a rite of passage.
Speaker 3: Put it on when you're in the crib. Here's some tips for how to get through high school.
Speaker 1: Hopefully your Christine didn't play out with the same kind of bloodshed that was happening with the Collion.
Speaker 4: No coming my daughters married and asked NY, But I used to have on my old phone the Godfather theme used to be my ringtone.
Speaker 3: So I quite love.
Speaker 4: That, feel, Yeah, I do love that, And then I just think Good Fellas is obviously the same theme. But if that is such a fun, good film. I love that film so much. So, you know, and then Heathers I've seen probably a hundred times.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 4: Maybe my friend Tom like, we're obsessed with it for years and we used to just watch it all the time. It was even on TV the other night and I started watching it again.
Speaker 3: I love it. I need to afford to heart and horny but realistically low key.
Speaker 4: Note Kurt's handwriting and will slip it onto Martha Dumpchuck's lunch tree shit.
Speaker 3: Other I don't have anything against Martha Dumbstock.
Speaker 1: You don't have anything for her either. Have they re made Heathers or was there a TV series.
Speaker 4: Based on I've done a TV series which was fine, But there's something magic about that first Heathers film. And I think if you ever are a nerd and you want to watch the special features about the making of Heathers and you know what the actors experience going through it, it even makes you love it even more because it's just it's got its own language.
Speaker 3: It's just such a dark, cool film.
Speaker 1: So I've seen it, but a long time ago. So it's not a writer writer Christian Slater and who are the other Heathers are they They.
Speaker 4: Shannon Dougherty And then I don't know the names of the other actresses, So Winona Rod is not a Heather, she's a Veronica, that's right. Yeah, And then there's three Heathers in a Veronica and Veronica falls in love with JD and she thinks they accidentally kill one of the Heathers who's like the big bully.
Speaker 5: Veronic and a hangover silver with this up for you.
Speaker 1: It's a family recipe, just give me the cup, jerk.
Speaker 3: Cor lots, but he's actually killed her on purpose.
Speaker 4: And then it turns into this whole kind of bizarre suicide film where they start murdering people and then pretending it's suicide. But the sort of the theme of the film is, you know, if the if you cut off the head of the snake, another head's going to pop up. So they get rid of the bully, another bully pops up, and it's this vicious cycle and it's it's a good film.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I just killed my best friend and you're worst enemy.
Speaker 1: Same difference. No, I remember really liking it. It's just a film I haven't revisited a whole lot. But no, great choice. Let's get on to the why do you see? You were a list of many movies to say. Here is some suggestions from thought stars. You can it can be another movie not on this list, but you chose the Notebook.
Speaker 4: I did well because on your list there was quite a few really good films that I'd seen, and I knew it was going to be a romance, a romance or a romantic comedy, because that's not my style of film at all.
Speaker 1: Because a lot of people may think of you as like, who don't know you? You looking from Afar and see your work. Who might just think maybe because it's just simply because you're a woman, but they might go.
Speaker 3: Hey, could you not have seen The Notebook exactly? And I hadn't seen Titanic either, but that was taken.
Speaker 1: It was taken.
Speaker 4: But I knew that whatever it was going to be was going to be some kind of romance because they definitely try and avoid them.
Speaker 3: And I'm not heartless, like you know, Rise of Skywalker.
Speaker 4: I was all up for that love story, like that's my kind of love story, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: They like battle and that was I fully into that.
Speaker 4: So I'm not like dead inside. I just don't like rom Comes.
Speaker 1: There's the clickbait, not dead inside. I want to circle back to Riser Skywalker, but we won't get sidetracked just yet because I did love Riders Skywalker as well. So okay, so what did you know of The Notebook before watching it? Like, what were your impressions? What were you aware of?
Speaker 4: I knew about the Notebook that a lot of people told me I had to watch it because I was going to cry through the whole thing, like you got to see it, Oh my god, the Notebook and it just comes up all the time, and I think maybe was I just being contrary?
Speaker 3: I was like, I just don't want to see that film. Man.
Speaker 4: I knew there was a lot of crying, Yeah, and that was it? Really a lot of you ways see that crying kissing in the rain.
Speaker 1: That's the scene that I was aware of, and whether I was I could see the scene. I didn't know where it took place, but I knew either the image or the scene. I felt that I knew. I've knew Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams was in it. I knew they had a relationship. After that, I knew there was a Notebook, and I knew there.
Speaker 3: Was some question the notebook came out like oh right, and what for me? I waited for you here, now we wait still. I had a block to because I'm like.
Speaker 4: Two really really pretty pretty people like having a dramatic love story, like where's the jeopard if you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like they're hot and so what like hot people fighting about and being dramatic, Like I don't know, for me, it wasn't that exciting.
Speaker 1: Well, when Ryan Gosling says they had the big blow up later on in the film where he says, you know, this is what we do. We fight and then we get back together, it's like, have you fought that much in this.
Speaker 3: TIFFs? You know, these little weird TIFs?
Speaker 4: And yeah, it was funny because I feel like, you know, Street Cart named Desire, you know, that real masculine kind of dirty energy that he had, So that's what they were trying to emulate, but possibly sort of they didn't pull it off.
Speaker 1: They tried to do it with the Beard. He comes back with his hips to beard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like he's very you know, he's very light. I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought Rachel McAdams was working really hard, like I thought she did it as like an actor watching another actor. I could see her really trying to create all of the chemistry. I know a lot of people think they had chemistry.
Speaker 3: I didn't see it.
Speaker 1: It's funny because initially they they were going to recast because they both hated each other, right, And did they end up going out, Yes, they ended up going out. They became a real couple, and so eventually they took him aside and kind of, you know, did something to kind of make it work. And it obviously worked because they got along.
Speaker 3: I thought she was working really hard to create chemistry. I thought she was.
Speaker 4: I could see an actor like really working and doing a good job.
Speaker 1: Because she was. She just come off mean girls. So this was I think for her film after that, and then she went on to did Wedding Crashes. I remember seeing her in Wedding Crashes and thinking, oh, wow, she is like the romantic comedy lead. Yeah, and she.
Speaker 4: Makes sense because she's adorable, but she's also she looks like a hard working actor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know she's a good actor.
Speaker 1: No, Okay, I want to I want you to take the Notebook Romance quiz. Okay, I'm going to ask you if you have done any of these things. Okay, because these are things that often pop up.
Speaker 3: Is romantic?
Speaker 1: Romantic happened in the movie?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going to say ahead of time. Probably not.
Speaker 1: Probably not. Okay, let's find out. Have you ever laid down in the middle of the street on the first date and looked up the traffic lights?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Ever been tempted to do such a thing?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Have you done railway tracks that often happens in other movies?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, okay. Have you ever run up to your love one seconds after he knocked off work and mounted him in front of his coworkers.
Speaker 4: No, my partner works on set, like imagine that.
Speaker 3: It's like me rolling up.
Speaker 1: Yeah that in other films.
Speaker 3: No thanks, No thanks, that's embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Have you ever written on handlebars been given a dink on handlebus as an adult in a loving kind of way, not just as a you know.
Speaker 3: I've done it as in a non loving kind of way.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Have you ever rowed in a boat or been rowed in the boat with a million swans around you?
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to remember. I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Have you ever have you ever laughed really hard in the rain, like when it rains have you ever found it? I usually find that annoying and I want to get dry and I want to get undercover. Have you ever like giggled so much because it's just so damn funny?
Speaker 3: No? No, I'm not a rain fan.
Speaker 1: Have you Okay? Now, I think we're almost going to move on from the notebook to other movies. Have you ever watched airplanes land? You know, we're at the top of their strip on the back of a sitting on the back of a car watching Never. No. Have you ever snuck into a planetarium after hours?
Speaker 3: Never? But I've not lived. I've not lived.
Speaker 1: Have you ever climbed the water to sneak into a junk yard featuring old World War Two aircraft?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, what have you been doing? Have you ever made a dash to an airport? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Just because I'm late though my plane?
Speaker 1: We got one. We got one.
Speaker 3: I haven't lived, You have not have not lived.
Speaker 4: That's a it's a lot of romance weird that I can't imagine many people would have done much of that, like people of the street. Maybe when you like really drunk or something, And yeah, it's probably turned because you've collapsed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, take us through some more thoughts on this movie. Do you like the the flashback voiceover? There's a people were very anti flashbacks and voiceovers, and this was pretty popular around this time. You had like Titanic, did this Saving Private Ryan? Did this Shawshank Redemption? Are you a fan of it? Does it take you out?
Speaker 4: I think if it's done well, it can be good. I think the premise of the flashback was quite sweet. That's probably what I like the most about the film is the idea that this guy is reading the love of this love story to his wife in the hope that he might get five minutes a day where she remembers and he gets a work like I think on paper. That's a really beautiful idea and probably the thing that touched me most about the film, if even if it wasn't pulled off.
Speaker 5: You know quite well, the best love is kind of weekends, the saw that makes us reach for more, that plants of fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that's what you've given me. That's what I'd hope to give to you.
Speaker 3: Forever.
Speaker 1: I love you, I'll be seeing you.
Speaker 4: That's a really sweet idea because you don't really see many films about dementia, like there's Iris, I think, but there's not that many films about dementia and love.
Speaker 1: Do you think we're supposed to know straight away that they were the couple? Well?
Speaker 3: I think it was weird because he had brown hair, so you're like, oh, she married the other dude.
Speaker 4: But then it flashes to the book at the end and they're not the same people, so it was just them and the imagination. So that kind of takes you out of the film a bit because you're like, oh, right, I guess they just picked them because they wanted to try because he had brown hair.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, I thought, and I'm not sure if I was just like thinking, you know, like getting ahead on it. Yeah, But if I was singing straight away, it's like, as soon the first time I saw James Garner and General, I thought, okay, well that's Ryan Gosling and Ragel McAdams. Yeah, I'm assuming they're going to end up together in this in this movie. So I got a bit ahead of myself with that, and I was I was second guessing myself, going, am I supposed to is this supposed to be a twist'? It just seems really obvious to.
Speaker 4: Me, Well, I thought maybe Ryan Gosling died and that's why we would cry.
Speaker 1: At one point in the film, I thought, oh, maybe it is James Marsden, and maybe that's the little twist that are going to play on me. But that obviously wouldn't have done you because you thought it was maybe James mars.
Speaker 4: Literally just because he had brown hair, Like how do you grow brown hair? Like that was going through my brain, like can you get brown here when you get older?
Speaker 3: But if you blond?
Speaker 4: But but then I was confused because it was sort of starting to become near the end like oh, this seems like it's Ryan Gosling's character.
Speaker 3: Yes, And then they did that weird photo album and then the fact I.
Speaker 1: Was weird because it was young James Garner and young General.
Speaker 3: And so then you're like, who are the other people?
Speaker 1: There are six sens in going on here.
Speaker 4: There's they just picked really good looking people for their flashbacks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I thought they were very sweet. James Garner and Gena Rowlands. I thought they you know, and I thought that the matches actually were quite good. I thought Gena Rowlands in particular, it was a really good match for an older Rachel McAdams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so too.
Speaker 1: The one thing I thought of actually, which I quite liked about this film and the way they did it, was that James Marsden's character was a nice guy. I watched Titanic recently for this show, and the Billy Zain character is that they've gone they've put so much Mayo on it, Like it's that they've tried really hard to point out that he's like the biggest cho Yeah, and obviously they're doing different things, like they don't have the time they need to kind of make a bigger thing because that, you know, they need all this action happening while a boat is sinking, where they don't have time to kind of delve into feelings the way the way the Notebook does. But Billy's ant is such a wanker, right, But he's so over the top, you know, like the Titanic sinking, and he's still he's still pissed off that Leonardo DiCaprio is running off for Kate Winslet. It's glad to go, mate, Come let's get off the boat to die. You're a better die. It's over. But James Marsin's is a nice guy and like when jol McAdams goes to him and says, you know that I just need some time away. He says everything that you would hope somebody would say when I.
Speaker 4: Would know, I feel like one person, and when I'm with you, I feel like someone totally different.
Speaker 2: It's normal not to forget your first love. I love you, but I want you for myself. I don't want to have to convince my fiance that she should be with me.
Speaker 1: Should I be worried? Are you okay? Yes, go away, do what you need to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it was clever to make him a viable alternative, so you know, either ending was going to be okay and you were meant to sort of feel like anything was possible.
Speaker 3: And he's a good guy. But maybe you.
Speaker 4: Just can't fight love, like maybe not maybe not push towards someone else just because your present partners a dick. Like, maybe it's just you can't fight love even if you've got a really good option.
Speaker 3: So that was a good you know, I got that.
Speaker 1: I think you're coming around.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: It was a long film, pet like it was long.
Speaker 1: It was it was too and it felt like a beat like so okay, So Joan Alan takes he's always great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's great when she sees the guy. The guy, yeah, at the lumberyard.
Speaker 1: So it takes it to the lumberyard.
Speaker 3: And I shagged some rough trade too, you know sometimes when I'm in the area, STARp.
Speaker 1: Here and don't watch him, trying to picture how different my life might be a bonding session, and this is where the convenience of movie isn't and you know, like it's where he wasn't quite clear for me, Like if you know, on the surface you find, you accept it, but if you scrutinize it. So I just want to get the motivation of Joan Allen's character here. So she on the surface, we believe that she's going to take Rachel McAdam somewhere where she's going to say, point out, this is why you're making a mistake, and she thinks she's going to take it. She takes her to the lumberyard and points out that this guy, and we think she's kind of saying, you know, I could have ended up with that guy, but luckily I ended up with your dad because you know, you know, we've got the money and all that. And as she's saying all that, she gets quite upset and as she remembers the hot.
Speaker 3: Times, the passion, the plash guy.
Speaker 1: She once had. So there's a turning point in her motivation there.
Speaker 3: So then she gives her the letters after that too, Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: She goes back. She drops her off back at Goslings and then.
Speaker 4: I don't even know the guy's name, Like that's how not I wasn't It was Noah, Noah, thank you.
Speaker 1: It was Noah Noah and Alie, I mean I was taking notes. And then she gets out of the car. She kind of says, you know, I hope you make the right choice, and she Alie gets out of the car Regie mcadam's, and then she has a thought. She goes, I'll give you the letters, so she could shut the letters in the trunk. Why would she have the letters in the trunk if she was going to make this point of like basically like, why didn't you burn the letters for? To begin with? Well, would you keep those letters around?
Speaker 3: I thought that too, Like it just seemed very convenient that she.
Speaker 1: Brought them very neatly stacked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like very neatly. So she kept them, which is kind of creepy, like your mum keeping the letters and wrapping them in ribbons. That's just creepy, Like I would respect her more if she's like, screw this guy.
Speaker 1: And then like so she took the David Jones before, like I'm going to get these.
Speaker 3: Gift raps and I've been creepily like holding on to them.
Speaker 4: So I don't know whether we're meant to think that she came with the idea to help her find her way by giving her the truth about Noah and giving her the truth about her past. But that's a big thing to just packed those letters in the boot just in case it really is, I guess, And there weren't.
Speaker 3: Three hundred and sixty five because I was looking at them and that's.
Speaker 1: Like, maybe it's the first stack. Maybe it's not the first quarter with the rest the first quarter of the year. I did like the War Widow kind of that little of it.
Speaker 3: I like that that was that was a good story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was good, she was she was good, she was she played that really well. I thought when it was really nice and Rachel mcadam's invited the rent, I thought I did things. There are threesome happening.
Speaker 3: That's my husband said. It's like, oh, what's gonna happen here. Nothing that cool is going to happen.
Speaker 1: So will you watch The Notebook ever? Again?
Speaker 4: No, I can definitely say that I respect and encourage people to watch it if it's up there alley, but it's sort of not I'm just not I don't want to say I'm not romantic, but I you know, my idea of like like it's our anniversary next year, next week, and my idea of like the perfect day is like Burger's beer PlayStation, like I ten year old boy, like deeping myself, and so I don't want to be but that's.
Speaker 1: Just looks like can we please just watch Titanic? Can we just please?
Speaker 3: She's the same, He's fine, I'll play Metal Gis solo with you.
Speaker 4: So, you know, I don't know if it's a fault in my own personality that I didn't embrace it as much as I felt like I should have.
Speaker 3: But I kind of knew I wasn't going to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I wondered, pe Miranda, if this movie kind of reminded you of another movie of a girl who different men that choose from from a different side, so he.
Speaker 3: Picks the hot rough trade as well.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone's ever picked the rich rich movies.
Speaker 3: No, they don't do that.
Speaker 1: So that was and that was your I looked it up. I knew it was one of your early films, but it was your first film.
Speaker 4: It was my very first film. All I'd done before that was Neighbors. I was Toadfish's first girlfriend. Whoah, I popped Toady's cherry.
Speaker 3: Yes, if that like, that is there's a few things I'm proud. I never knew that that is, Like, I'm so proud of that. Like, I know a serious relationship with Tody, like serious relationships, so that.
Speaker 1: Your names eighteen months and like full on dating Tody the whole time when he.
Speaker 3: Had the ponytail too. It's like classic Tody. Yeah, me and Toadfish. So I got to write me out though they forgot.
Speaker 4: Because I had to go do Alabrida forot to write me out. So I had to, like and I told them they forgot. And so I just walk in one day with a Pavlova and I'm like, what's the similarity between me and Pavlova?
Speaker 3: And He's like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: When I go, well, Pavlova's from New Zealand and That's where I'm moving.
Speaker 3: Bye, Karen.
Speaker 1: I really want to find that scene. Is that scene available anywhere that? I'm oh my god? So were they? Like? Were they racist scenes? I mean, that doesn't get too racist, particularly back then.
Speaker 3: But it's a racist scene in Ali Brandy.
Speaker 4: Like, I know my kids want to watch it, or some of the parents like my kids watch our Brandy and I'm like, oh my, I'm like, did you fast forward the learn a bit where he grabs mutch? So I definitely have to cut that out if my kids are going to see it. I've done a couple of The funny thing about being an actor is like, when you're really young, everyone really tells you, like, you've got to be naked in this thing because it's a real commitment to your craft, and you know, real actors get naked and they push themselves and then you kind of hit like thirty nine and everyone stops asking you to be naked, and you're like, oh, it wasn't really about commitments to my craft.
Speaker 3: It was about getting a young girl to get a knocks out.
Speaker 4: And I'm an idiot, so no one's asked me for a very long time lesson learned.
Speaker 1: So they are they are. I've never I've never done a sex thing, thank god, but I've done I've had to do with it's a date and then how to stay married, like scenes where they might evolve kissing, and like I've come through to acting via the side door or the back door. You know, I didn't. I didn't train to be an actor. I didn't really know if it's going to be you know, it was kind of curious about it. So when I write, when I wrote it's an episode of it to date the Wonderful Lisa mcewne, there was a scene where, you know, when we're writing, we go, you know, we'll kiss at the end, and and I was like, oh, I'm not sure if I'm ready, Like you know, I don't want to have that conversation with my wife. Like if you're an actor, you kind of like imagine you got kiss.
Speaker 3: On your to date. I kissed Shane. Shane was coming in the in the bin because I was pregnant.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Shane, And you know, if you like.
Speaker 4: Your mate, you don't want to like it was embarrassing too, like two mates, yes really And it was Valentine's and we're like, oh, it's just I feel like it's hard once you get married, it's really hard to do those scenes because anyway I spewed, he was like not impressed.
Speaker 1: I was like, kiss because you were pregnant. But do we know no?
Speaker 3: I was like really early, I think I told Shane.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, so Shane, you okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I said so I'm spewing and kissing you and he was just putting mints in my mouth.
Speaker 1: So that was so Shane had to kind of like people probably knew you were vomiting, and he had the with that knowing that people were watching you kiss him and then run around, but he knew.
Speaker 3: Why and everyone else like god, he must have beg it's hard. It's hard I find that stuff.
Speaker 1: So you would you still have to have a conversation, like not a conversation, but like, well let's call the conversation with your husband, look like and say I'm doing this scene or you're Stewart and come telling later.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I guess it depends on your own relationship, Like you know, we've got I respect him, So I wouldn't just go to work and make out with someone you know and not tell.
Speaker 1: Him because theres always that part of you goes, it's still making it, whether it's still making it art or whatever, it's still kind of making it.
Speaker 3: He knows that I'm not into actors, so he's cool.
Speaker 4: He's I've been years and like so many years together and he knows that actors aren't really my jam as far as like dating them. So more gamers, Yeah, more gamers, more like your music, that kind of thing. Like, So he's not threatened, but you're still like I wouldn't want him to go to work and like kiss someone and not mention it and then see the film like, oh sorry, babe, didn't mention that? Yeah that, but yeah, not I want asked you to get nude likeily post forty, So you know I'm right.
Speaker 1: Let's circle back to the Riot of Skywalker.
Speaker 3: Oh what a film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: So did I.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've said it. I saw it twice and I want to say a third time before it leaves cinemas. What do you make of the noise around star Wars and the fan outrage and people not getting what they want?
Speaker 3: So I think it was something that big.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, I didn't like the one, two, three, but then I think what they've done with these latest three films, they've sort of come back to the real Just the essence of Star Wars is something really vintage about it, and I think the performers are really great. Like I just think everyone in it is my kids. Wanted to go back to one, two, three, and I didn't find like the performance was very good. The young kid was a bit patchy and stuff. Where you go to these last three and.
Speaker 3: Everyone's just unreal and they've found these unknowns and just put them in these massive roles and they've shone.
Speaker 1: And what was amazing that the Force awakens was how quickly we loved Ray and Finn and Po and like, you know, ask Isaac. I think you know a lot of us knew, but John Bog and Daisy Ridley, we had no idea how one and.
Speaker 4: Just that beginning scene when like he's the stormtrooper with the heart, that's so cool. I really loved it. And I found like there's a romance that I was right. I was right into, Like that's.
Speaker 3: My kind of romance.
Speaker 4: Definitely, that really felt their relationship, really wanted them to be together. Yeah, so you know that's the notebook can learn.
Speaker 3: I was but that's kind of there's a passion. There was passion and intensity and chemistry between.
Speaker 1: Those absolutely, And the one thing I would I would agree with some people is I'm surprised the lack of maybe foresight as far as planning out these three films. Yeah, like being part of Disney and you know they own Marvel and seeing how Marvel an amazing job of doing these twenty or so films that kind of all come together in the end is amazing. I thought they would have had a plan for the three films. Obviously they didn't. Didn't and it shows a little bit. But with that said, I thought I thought The Riser Skywalker was so much fun.
Speaker 4: And I was happy for it to end on a good note, like I was glad that that was the last film that was a great one, rather than ending on it, you know, somebody you can end on it, don't.
Speaker 1: Really really some critics of being like using fan service, like it's a bad term, And I'll tell you he loves fan service exactly, And I didn't want Dan. I love seeing Wicket and the Ewoks, you know in that little scene. I love chew he got his medal.
Speaker 4: I think this the rejuvenation of Star Wars is really cool. Yes, you know, because it is like, I know you and your kids really enjoy it together. Something my kids and I bondo. It's sort of like Harry Potter as well, you know, where it's really cool. And I feel like they had that misstep where they made one, two and three, which unfortunately they made in Australia. Look, I auditioned for one of those roles and I didn't get it, So I'm.
Speaker 3: Not saying that I'm bitter. No, actually I'll give it was just another even more minor role. Yeah, which role was it?
Speaker 4: It was actually one of the handmaidens in the second thing, and Rose had been like, oh yeah, I did the first one.
Speaker 3: It was fun. I was like, I got this in the bag. My mate did it. Didn't get a call back. But that is not why I didn't like those films.
Speaker 4: I just didn't think they kind of cut it. But I'm glad they came back to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe they'd seen the tefish romance.
Speaker 4: And she's too hot, too hot, and distracted it to be like Natalie, who there's me looking at this weird Italian.
Speaker 3: Chick in the back.
Speaker 1: Miranda, it's been an absolute pleasure to chat to you about the notebook and other things. Particularly, I think the highlight the headline coming out of tonight.
Speaker 3: Is that you were not dead inside.
Speaker 1: Not dead inside, but also that you were first.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You find that scene, particularly the pavlover scene.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, there's a lot of gold. There's a lot of gold with my neighbors. So enjoy Marana.
Speaker 1: It's always a pleasure. A fantastic actress and person. And thanks for joining us on. You ain't seen nothing yet.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: That was great fun. I hope you enjoyed that. I'm still getting over the pea toadfish bombshell. If you have access to that scene, please let us know and we will get that up on socials. That was fantastic, the little surprises you get when you sit down with a friend and turn microphones on. You can email us at Yasney podcast at gmail dot com. Let us know what you're thinking of the episodes, request people, request movies, just chat movies. Let us know your favorites, let us know, of course what you think of the podcast. You like and subscribe and follow and all the things all the podcasts asked you to do. It does help, It does make a difference. I want to thank Dan Movies, our sponsor, for their continued support. It does make a difference. I know some people are like, oh sponsors on podcast, but it means that I can pay everyone who appears on the show and also who works who work behind the scenes. So thank you very much to Dance Damnavies dot com dot Au. I want to thank my podcast manager Derek Myis Castaway Studios dot com dot au. If you're looking the recorder podcasts, get onto Derek. He will sort you out. There's a whole range of packages you can get on board with and it's a great studio space, a very comfortable space to record. Derek has you covered. Also Circus Tree Sounds, Tom and Jimmy who put the score together the theme of You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet. Great mates I've known for a long time. Jimmy works at the project. Tom worked at the Project for a long time. They are absolute geniuses and gentlemen and they will help you out for any of your boutique sound needs when it comes to production, whether it be film, TV, ads, podcast. They will absolutely sort you guys out. So next episode on You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet is very exciting. He's one of my absolute favorites. Luke McGregor, a gentleman who I first saw when I did a guest spot on Channel thirty one, a community TV show, and I saw him and I just I needed to know more about that man. I ended up months later casting him in the pilot episode of It's a Date and we've been great mates ever since. Luke McGregor from rose Haven, from Lukewarm Sex. He is a unique voice, quite literally, and he had never seen The Godfather. So if you get a chance watch The Godfather during the week, remind yourself if you haven't seen it, watch it for the first time, and join myself and Luke McGregor for a conversation about that and many more things on you ain't seen nothing yet until next time. And so we leave Old Pete see Fan sut and to our friends of the radio audience, we've been a pleasure O time.