Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: Sweety Pies. What do we think about stealing from corporations when they are recording record breaking profits and people trying to buy a bit of dry steak for forty dollars a kilo? What's going on there? I'm not quite sure, but if you want to do it, don't say we told you to. And also, is it truly possible for a friendship to be equal? Can I put in as much as you put in and get out as much as you get out? Or can we understand that some things must remain imbalanced to work? Not quite sure, but we'll try to buy it more.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Flex and Frooms on kata.
Speaker 2: I want to know if this cafe took it a little bit too far by banning influences. What have they done? Hint, it's not illegal, but it might be frowned upon. So there's this new Korean cafe in New York City called Day or Die. It's Dae and it's really cute aesthetic. They also sell home was there. They've got this cute little toast with checkerboard butter and whatever. It's very cute vibes, the kind of place that you probably see on TikTok on or Instagram and go there because an influencer posted about it. We love it's exactly that. Now upon opening this cafe, they had a no laptop rule off the dome. They said, don't bring that here. You're not working here, You're not doing work from home, no life. It seems like people have not really understood the intention as to why, and what's happening is that there's been droves of influencers bringing their cameras and their tripods like on mass to record themselves and what ends up happening is that they buy one drink or one little piece of toast and there for two hours trying to get the shot. And because other influencers see other influencers doing it, it brings more influencers. They start multiplying. And the issue is the owner is saying that it's putting off actually paying customers because they don't want to go to this cafe and risk being in the back of someone's video or just having their like privacy potentially breached, or for the most part, paying a big stack to eat brunch. You don't want to feel as though you're on a set literally, So basically, because this owner has noticed the negative effect it's happening, they've thought, you know, what, do you want to lose our paying customers or do you want to lose the favor of influencers who aren't really bringing us money. Let's lose the favor of the influencers. But people are arguing that if you're going to make a cafe so aesthetic, what did you expect? And also what is the price of exposure? Because one might argue, you know, you are complaining about these influencers now because you're not really recognizing the value that they're bringing. What if they stop coming and you go out of business? But I don't know. The people who own this cafe are from that really cool street where fashion brand Oh it starts with an opening ceremony. Oh yeah, okay, yes, so they've already kind of got cloud. I don't necessarily think they need the influencers, but banning I think might be a bit tricky. So look, I won't be surprised if this is a measure they gets taken globally, well, worldwide. I feel like the general consensus around influencers in public spaces that it's annoying. Yeah, and annoyance and negativity is not what we like. So you know, watch this space. I'll keep you guys posted. If I see any murmurs locally Sydney melbournevibes, I'll let you know for sure.
Speaker 1: People are stealing from the supermarket and also other areas as well. I'm not going to ask you if you've ever stolen or anyone else in this room, because I don't believe in incriminating my coworkers. However, I've come across an article in the Citney Morning Herald detailing what is most stolen and by what age and gender of the people stealing.
Speaker 2: Should we make some guesses?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay. When I worked in retail, we were encouraged to profile the same types of people and usually it was like high school aged people follow them around make sure they're going to actually buy. Anytime I saw someone stealing, it was our mum with our prayer. Did you do middle aged women? No, that's sign business. Yeah, I hate enough to call anyone out. Do what you need to do. If you're brave enough to do it, that's on you. But yeah, middle aged specific ethnicity, mums and babies every time.
Speaker 1: Major in this interactive map that I found in City Morning Herald. Why is the city of Wentworth the most read of the whole map?
Speaker 2: Call it out please, Okay.
Speaker 1: The things that are most stolen number one, liquor Number two, clothing and footwear that's your community. Number three other objects it's giving sex toy number four, food and beverage, perfume and cosmetics. That's a big one. Home entertainment, then machinery and tools. Bit of a Bunning's core. There household items like appliances and furniture.
Speaker 2: So the question is what isn't stolen? Because that sounds like everything true, it's like every category of retail store.
Speaker 1: Okay, now let's guess ages. Okay, what age bracket do you think would steal the most?
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty five to forty will.
Speaker 1: Go from least to most. The people that are stealing the least are people who are sixty to sixty five. That's because they just got the little card that gives them things for cheaper. They're riding on a high. The second group of people that steal the least to sixty six plus, which is honestly surprising. You're on the way out.
Speaker 3: I'll just go looting.
Speaker 1: The third people that still at least to ten to thirteen year olds. The next ger of people that don't steal much are eighteen to nineteen. Again, I'm saying something about like the ages that are the like you're just coming into yourself, so you've got other things to do. Like when I was eighteen nineteen, I just got a car, so you best believe I was driving everywhere.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: Top three. Who's stealing the most?
Speaker 1: Okay, Number three, twenty five to twenty nine. That's our age bracket. The second biggest stealers are forty to forty nine families to feed. Who steals the most thirty to thirty nine, that's on midlife crisis. That's on I feel like you got the most to lose when you're thirty to thirty nine. That's when you're on the up and also.
Speaker 2: Not necessarily the most to lose, but you probably are more disillusioned at that age, Like I'm sure the fear on the consequence, Like if you're assuming that you become more wise with age, that means you're aware of the consequences and you're making the decision anyway, which means that the situations that are causing people or driving people to theft are far dire than the consequences of thieving.
Speaker 1: The desire to eat dafon noir, the one that's like kind of honey flavor in a real best cheese ever soft breeze style cheese, triple cream my personal favorite on a French baguette with a little bit of pati or the jam stuff. What's it good? What's that jams paste? Queen's pace in a fig flavor way. I don't know if you necessarily need to put the dafonnoir through as a little bunge or something. I don't know. I don't know how people do it. We'll also say it please supermarkets ensure there is someone who was willing to do the like the self serve, like someone to help you, Like I like when you put on the convey belt, bring that back. Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: She's like, bring We need more more people working.
Speaker 1: No, I'm serious, we need more jobs. And also, if you're gonna make me do the machine, sorry Mickey telling me wrap up.
Speaker 2: Mickey's like usually it's like a little serious.
Speaker 1: If you have the technology to make sure there's like three cameras will hit when I'm scanning through fix the scales, you're listening to flex and rooms on kater.
Speaker 2: Should friendships be equal? Is it even possible if you're putting in some time and energy and money and they're putting in some time and energy and money, is it possible that we all get our needs met as expected? There was this article on the cut and it was a bit of an advice column, and this person was like, I think I spend too much time with my friends. And I thought that was an interesting thing. But here's what they've said. I've always prided myself and being a good friend. I love and value my friends so much and I want them to know it. Recently, I moved from the city where i'd lived for nearly a decade, a place where I had a very tight knit group. We've been there for each other through so much, and people would often comment on how involved behind each other's lives. However, now that I've had some distance, I've realized that I was putting a lot of effort into maintaining this community without saving much energy for myself. In the midst of flourishing friendships, I didn't make space for things that would only offer me an individual benefit, dating, networking, getting enough sleep, etc. And looking around, no one else seemed to have this problem. As I've been building a new community in my new city, I'm trying to be more careful about setting boundaries so I don't fall into codependency. But in my eagerness to connect with people, it feels unnatural to temper my excitement about someone who I feel a kinship to. Real I try to remind myself about the lack of reciprocation with my old friends, but don't want to become jaden start treating each friendship like a carefully balanced transaction. Can I train myself to expect less from friends? And how do I toe the line between social and selfish? Sincerely a fatigued friend? That is a lot. It's such a tricky thing here because this person only really understood or got perspective once they had left their friends and moved to a different city. Which is to say, you know how, when you have some distance from a situation, you see it clearly. Yes, But in this instance are you really seeing it clearly? So we have this person saying here that and I quote, I realized I was putting a lot of effort into maintaining my community. I didn't make space for things that would only benefit myself, like dating, networking, and getting off sleep. But no one else seemed to have this problem. So it's this person inferring that they were the special source that made everybody else's life better. It's like, because I invested so much into you, you could date, and you could get enough sleep, and you could network. It doesn't add up. The math equation is just not really making sense for me. I feel like, yes, what you're recognizing is you're pouring a lot into your friendships, but it's also your responsibility to pour into yourself as much not temper your enthusiasm for friendship. Like now that you have an awareness that it's natural to you to give a lot to other people, now it just means you know what the standard is because you've said it. You already know what it looks like to be there for someone else, So now you can move that inward.
Speaker 1: Reined it in solo Baggins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the good thing about friendships, as we know, when you're making new ones, you can set new standards. So if you want friends who pour into you like you poured into your others, then you can help set that standard. I would argue that people who are often on the receiving end of someone who pours into them, they don't realize how much that takes, you know, Like, if I've got a friend who's really generous with their time, I don't realize it impacts them negatively in any way. I'm just like, this is so great. They have so much time for me. So there's also that the headline was misleading, because its not about spending too much time for your friends. Is do I pour into my friends in spite of myself so I have someone to blame things that turn out the way I want them to. The answer is never let your friends go. We need our friends, thanks, unless they're toxic people.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, still the case, We'll.
Speaker 2: Work on it. Guess what we're giving away Cold Hut cash five hundred dollars right now. Fanto is running a fabulous flavor hunt. They made a limited edition mystery flavor and want you to share your guesses on social media with the hashtag what the fanta. It's a wild purple drink and it's not grape Does it taste like Simon? Potentially? Now, to celebrate, we've asked you to share with us the most silly, wild or confronting all innovative ways you add flavor to your life during a very average week. And we've had heaps and heaps and heaps of people enter, and we've got an amazing person on the phone right now who is a contender to win the five hundred dollars. It is Amanda, aka the chronic hare Changer. Welcome Amanda, Hi, Hi, it is lovely to hear from you. Now. I have to ask, changing your hair is how you add flavor. Let's go into specifics. What did you actually put in your entry?
Speaker 3: So what I put in my entry was that I add flavor to my life by changing my hairstyle. So every couple of months, I might get braids, and then the next month I might put a red wig on, and then the month after that I might just keep my short, curly afro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're a bit of me, You're my community. What hair is getting you the most compliments? Which one really resonates with people?
Speaker 3: I would say my afro I reckon. Every time I leave my afro out, I just get so many compliments.
Speaker 2: I love it and any do you get any strange interactions with your hair? Based on your hairstyle. Like, I have never talked to so many people about blonde hair maintenance than when I wear a blonde wig. And I always have to start with it's just a wig, and the questions still come. I don't understand how to tell you. I don't know what you should tell your hair Salon's just a wig. What about you?
Speaker 3: I think when I have curly hair, because I have a really curly wig, people a lot of people ask me, oh, like, how do you keep it so curly? Like your curls look really nice?
Speaker 1: And I'm like this, given my real hair, don't make me say it, you know, like animals, a lot of them, just honestly.
Speaker 2: I mean, part of me is grateful that people can't tell, but the other part is like, I have one more conversation about my hair. I'm going to hurt some respectfully. Anyway, Amanda, can I tell you a little secret just between us, if you're comfortable with holding a secret on behalf of both of us. I've pulled. Thanks, And as you know, I like, I have favorites. I believe in hierarchies and I want people who I like to get the benefits. And I like you so you are winning five hundred dollars, well deserved and truly now you listening could be like Amanda. You could all also win five hundred dollars. Just jump online to cater dot com dot au for your chance to win and also infuse playfulness into everyday life. Enjoin the fabulous flavor Hunt from Fanta hashtag what the Fanta Amera. Congratulations, enjoy your five big ones.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. I most likely will buy a new wig with us.
Speaker 2: As you should.
Speaker 3: As you should, you've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 1: For more, Tune into CATA on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio