Speaker 1: Flexen fromes.
Speaker 2: I'm cater cater.
Speaker 1: Flexen Frooms Big Icon Energy podcast.
Speaker 3: Recorded live at Studios three oh one in Sydney. So, unfortunately, if you didn't make it to our live recording, that's so fine. There was a finite amount of tickets, there was a finite amount of winners. It obviously means you didn't try enough, try hard enough with your entry.
Speaker 1: But that's so cool.
Speaker 3: I'm sure we'll do something live in the future. I personally dissociate when I'm in a live setting.
Speaker 1: What does that look like for you?
Speaker 2: So when I see your eyes glazed as they do every now and then, I want to say three times pressure?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 2: No thoughts or so many thoughts that were not processing well?
Speaker 3: Up until probably two years ago, I never zoned out when anyone was talking, like I'd never had experienced the feeling of zoning out. And then in the past two years I've had the thing of having to go wait, wait.
Speaker 1: I'd neverenced it. Have you experienced that with you all the time?
Speaker 2: Name seriously, why looking at me like that, You're like, huh, I've.
Speaker 1: Never experienced hap until recently.
Speaker 2: This is why I gotta do NLP, Babe, neuro linguistic neural linguistic programming.
Speaker 1: What's that? Just google it?
Speaker 3: All right, I can't believe I'm going to hear with the flexmimmy, just google it.
Speaker 1: In real life, nobody is saying.
Speaker 2: Anyway, are you the same person and off? Yeah, anyone can get it.
Speaker 1: I must say.
Speaker 3: When people ask me what's flex like, I say, you know what, She's exactly the same.
Speaker 2: Even my own mum gets to just google it. But I'm gentle with her because she's trying. She's been using new emojis.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what are you my hand up emoji?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And she said he genius. She's really good at sponging things up like it's so smart. I love when adults like allow themselves to learn new things, because I'm already falling off. I've got about three years in me and then I'm going to be bigoted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're doing the reverse bigoted.
Speaker 3: Anyway, This show is a supercart of all the allegedly funny things out there live recording. As I said, don't remember any thing about it. Definitely keen to do it again, though perhaps around the country.
Speaker 1: Any thoughts.
Speaker 3: Yep, Marty director is doing his notes anyway, let's get to it.
Speaker 1: Idiots. When's the last time you cried this week? Anyone cry this week?
Speaker 2: I mean, if the week started on Sunday, where are we sitting.
Speaker 1: Scary Saturday? Fair enough?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: Anyone here not cried in a whole year. It gets to me and.
Speaker 5: I'm like, why can't I cry?
Speaker 1: Let's fight, We'll get some zaps out. Oh, it's more.
Speaker 2: Likely to make you cry, like a really like being intimidated, like someone coming at you really aggressive, or something sentiment.
Speaker 1: Tool, something sentimental for sure. Just what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Everything got stale. I keep telling you not even media is like tickling is.
Speaker 1: I don't have a soul.
Speaker 3: I just like feelings, but they just don't.
Speaker 1: They don't come out.
Speaker 5: They don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my tear ducks need to work harder. I'm so intrigued.
Speaker 3: You're like, in like the second season of Big Brother, there was a she called Bree I don't know if anyone remembers, and she didn't have tear ducks, so she couldn't cry.
Speaker 1: It's the only thing I remember from that. Maybe I should get that. Yeah, yeah, have a look.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks still a google. Okay, where's will? I was in the sound booth.
Speaker 5: What was that?
Speaker 1: Was that the polter geist? I don't know.
Speaker 3: If you listen to the podcast, you know that we have a polter geist, a friendly ghost that visits us in the studio. So hopefully they make a guest appearance. We'll see if you come up with what we said before slate, please see me.
Speaker 1: It's plaguing my brain. Nah vibe since Vibe is.
Speaker 2: Less new than slay, right, oh, love it, love it. And then before Vibe there was.
Speaker 1: Mint.
Speaker 3: No, that's mint anyway, let's wrap it up, you alay flexing fruit.
Speaker 1: It's not the tip of my tongue though. Gas. Yes, yes, yes, yes, thank you. But that was so long ago. Yeah, that's I mean, that was yes, Vibe Slay.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's a few things in between anything else.
Speaker 1: Period. It was period on fleek. It was on fleak. We're gonna writ these down, we'll do the break. Yeah, this is why I love a period. That's why I love a LA shooting audience.
Speaker 2: FLEXI yeah, literally, because you couldn't google that knowledge in the brain.
Speaker 1: This is community, your flex and frooms.
Speaker 3: Okay, before we go to the note new Brak, I just need to write all these down.
Speaker 2: Period Sleigh okay, per periods lay pro yeah, period sleigh yes, per yes queen.
Speaker 1: Per What else is there? Vibes vibes on fleak, that's the one.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 5: But yeah, the fuck do we have anything else?
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, slave, it's my brain.
Speaker 3: Sleigh is so new they us give us one more fetch oath oath.
Speaker 2: Oh, but that's not new, that's like generational, traditional Australian.
Speaker 1: Sick.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: I think we've I've seen enough. I've seen.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: For me is a pretty sensible spender. She doesn't like to do like, you know, frivolous shopping. She's not one of mine. So when she decided she wanted this water bottle, I was like, finally, welcome to the dark side by the water bottle. It is like two hundred Australian dollars all up. But here's my thing. The world is number one ending for sure, and if it's not ending, you will, Okay, your.
Speaker 5: Body is decaying.
Speaker 2: The things that you like only exist for a short moment and then they're gone.
Speaker 1: That's just life, you know. It's like joy and pleasure. Maybe suffering inevitable.
Speaker 2: So when you find moments where you can alleviate suffering by bringing in joy and pleasure.
Speaker 1: I say, do it.
Speaker 2: But you've bought the bottle. About the bottle and what's your review. I'm all for a small brand. I'm all for a supporting small businesses.
Speaker 3: You know, Colina Shoud is amazing because they're very into the environment. They do a lot of like environmentally friendly thing.
Speaker 2: I mean with the diamond ties, I'm not so sure.
Speaker 1: This is a fair loom, same family for generations.
Speaker 5: You did say it's not funny.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's just me. Oh no, would I buy this again? I mean, it's just nice.
Speaker 3: To treat yourself sometimes, even if it's something that you kind of like. I mean, it's a bit audacious, it's good. I don't know if I'm really a diamondic kind of gal.
Speaker 5: But is it making you happy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's nice. It is. This is like a real show you into the sausage factory literally, okay, really quickly.
Speaker 2: So just before I was having a conversation about how it's crazy that words mean things, but not just that they mean things, that we assume that the way that we're speaking is being interpreted in the exact same way, and it just never is. Why do we have all these words and yet we don't understand each other? Like the underrated overrated thing. I think why people get me? Yeah, Becky, what do you think?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Becky gets it? Yeah, like in a really shallow sense.
Speaker 2: Like I think that we're all understanding each other, but I can understand why it constantly feels like we're just never reaching a point of like a mass understanding because we don't realize it's the little things that we're not meaning, that we're not getting. Like, if we're differing so much on this really incidental word, then what makes us social that we're really understanding the way we both see the big picture.
Speaker 3: I think that's where artists and writers come in. I think really popular or works of art that red note, but the most people are things that capture an elemental truth that can be described in words or a picture.
Speaker 2: What's the mona Lisa telling you exactly para, but you know it's chill, It's chill.
Speaker 1: Did you hear that I did? It's the polvergeist.
Speaker 3: So if you're a listening to the flex and From show, you'll know that we have a poltergeist type being in the studio.
Speaker 1: A ghost.
Speaker 3: Some would say let's start off. Do you believe in ghosts? Put the puddle up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, see your people, your people are Honestly, I think people think I'm being facetious when I say there's a polticeist. But if you're sitting in a room with no air con and then ran with it as a cold chill, some's off somes off. But I will say through me is one of those people. She is you know when you do a Maya's brigs and some people are intuitive or sensing from is the type of person who needs to see it, feel it, know what to believe it. Yes, doesn't really believe in anything esoteric. However, she drops the bomb a couple of weeks ago that her family does seances, so that I'm kind of like, okay, so you're part of a spooky family. You bring your spooky energy and then you don't give anyone context.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm the only one that's keeping it real for the just being physical beings and no metaphysical experiences.
Speaker 1: That's speaky, big icon energy. Do you get a red hot text? I have gossip, but I don't know if I can tell it on.
Speaker 5: It, I'd say don't say it now, say it now.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I say, now, so my friend yeah?
Speaker 3: So oh, anyway, everybody, I'm obsessed with Tami in Parlor obsessed I which they show on Thursday and else.
Speaker 1: Go yeah, oh my god? Did you love it? How amazing was it?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: My friend went backstage last night in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Oh and I got some goss that I can't share.
Speaker 1: I know, I haven't even read it. I'm freaking out. Okay, let's get this up just a moment. Do you read a snipper little something?
Speaker 3: Okay, have a quick look. Okay, Hi, I'm so hungover.
Speaker 1: Wait read the we got we got the Poltic guys back in the studio.
Speaker 2: It's hard to whisper with the adyonna Mic, Why don't you tell us, tell thee tell the.
Speaker 4: Oh can we Okay, we have some cars that are going to be toad So if this is your cool, is that being sacred?
Speaker 1: This is what I'm saying about community.
Speaker 2: You know, this is Darwinism.
Speaker 1: Car maker model, Let me see, let me see.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's Honda Da No.
Speaker 1: I think you got this.
Speaker 5: For we used to sell window.
Speaker 1: This is a.
Speaker 3: Handy Gets nineteen ninety nine to two thousand and five model in a light blue shade.
Speaker 1: It's usually called cool mint. Next to a.
Speaker 3: Mazda Masa X five. We'll get there in a dark gun middle gray probably twod and eight model.
Speaker 1: The number player of the Mazda is anyone here? I won't dox you, just go out.
Speaker 3: And then the Heyundai gets in the ninety nine to two thousand and three model. Oh yeah, this is a Jeep, probably twenty twelve model. Anybody need anything repeated? Maybe they're not in the room.
Speaker 1: Are yuday.
Speaker 5: Money?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: What is this Ponzi scheme? Big icon energy?
Speaker 5: That is so crazy? How words mean things?
Speaker 1: Also special mention to the Shrek a verse.
Speaker 3: We had entries for Shrek, Donkey and Fiona.
Speaker 1: Who is that? Anyone who got here? Who is he? Okay? Fuck on Harry one kill one Shrek?
Speaker 3: Fiona and Donkey married Donkey.
Speaker 1: That dragon was lucky Shrag. I'd have to kill Shrek. Sorry like that? Yeah, we have to okay, pre princess, Yeah yeah, yeah, absolutely, I don't discriminate both, right, yeah absolutely. At Sunset Justice in whatever shape and form she comes in. Literally, show is not going to make itself kick it off.
Speaker 3: Hunh that's all you Well, this is This is often a fight that flecks not getting it literally says frooms, this is my break.
Speaker 1: But you open it. I'll start it. Welcome. Wait, let's confirm, Brickie. Here's all right. Yes, you started.
Speaker 3: Already.
Speaker 1: It's not of fun. I'm right, how crazys fruit stand?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 5: I saw an orange the other day?
Speaker 1: Is it carra Kara?
Speaker 2: It's something to look at the double name one anyway, it was neon orange And I'm just like, how do these colors exist in nature before we manufacture them?
Speaker 1: Isn't it gorgeous? You don't think that? Yeah, I think it's beautiful. These two colors exist in real life. Yeah, what a high biscus flower? And this is a beautiful scene. I beta, Yeah, she's traveled. We're going to do the voice note as the extent of podcast instead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: That's all I need to know.
Speaker 3: A bit of a confidence boosts into the show, big icon energy.
Speaker 2: Can we get a paddle up for anybody who's ghosted someone platonically, familiarly, or romantically in the last three months?
Speaker 5: Fascinating? I wish you could see what I see.
Speaker 1: I'm learning so much.
Speaker 2: Can we gotta paddle up any vegans and vegetarians.
Speaker 1: That is so surprising, is it?
Speaker 3: I feel like we've got a very vegetarian sympathizing audience, a feeling audience. I mean it, I'm a vegetarian sympathizer.
Speaker 1: However, I'm meeting my big mac. What does slay mean to you? It's it's year twelve, essays.
Speaker 5: What does belonging mean.
Speaker 1: When you say it? What do you mean?
Speaker 3: It's just I don't know what, Like anyone else, If you've got an idea, think about all. I say this because the mica will come slay. It feels good coming off the tongue. I remember a time where I thought of slayers like slay, like being flayed, like getting his skin cut off.
Speaker 1: But it's since changed meanings. Slay.
Speaker 3: Slay to me is a state of mind. It's an emotion, and it's the moment.
Speaker 1: And what is the moment. The people that get it, they get it.
Speaker 3: It's a vibe, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. Yeah, period, anyone got an idea? What does slay mean to you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Saucy execution, saucy execution.
Speaker 1: I've not heard this one. Some of us are poets. Saucy execution.
Speaker 2: Some of us have a good grasp in the English language, saucy execution that says everything.
Speaker 1: Oh love, Okay, guys, let's wrap this thing up. I want to drink.
Speaker 3: There's actually going to be some cater representatives roaming around the room seeing who you put up on the paddle. And if I get more paddles, I'm going to get a pay rise.
Speaker 1: At the end of the year. A big icon energy. You are with flex and frooms.
Speaker 3: I wasn't ready. Sorry, I have a quick juice break. Yeah, who put your paddle up? If you're excited to have a juice, Yeah, lemonade. Anyone here work at boostoos at any point in their life?
Speaker 1: Is this crowd work?
Speaker 5: What is happening? I just had something on my mind.
Speaker 1: Eat my ass? Question number one?
Speaker 5: Do you resonate?
Speaker 1: So that's a break, and now I start again. Back, I got it.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe have some UNI students in the in the building media students.
Speaker 1: You said, yeah, I know you big icon energy.
Speaker 3: What a stunning afternoon as always listening to CATERA. But up next on the show, we're gonna be talking about icons, keeping the iconic coming.
Speaker 1: Did I say tonight? Huh? Next? Up next, I'll start again, this is what we do, is we do some second takes. Never on my violation. He's got a crash at.
Speaker 5: The moment, paddles up, He's got a crash.
Speaker 2: And this is exactly what I'm saying. I don't that high school was so amazing, But how are you going to be in a whole room full of adults no one has a crush. How many of you are in a relationship paddles up. See, that's even more concerning because you got paddles up in a relationship.
Speaker 1: You have a crush. Spooky, don't you have jobs?
Speaker 5: I was thinking that.
Speaker 2: When I was driving the next day, I let the intrusive thought win.
Speaker 1: I was thinking, I know why I'm here.
Speaker 5: I'm at work?
Speaker 2: Where what is your employment situation? On the count of three, let's just say our reasons for not being at work right now?
Speaker 5: Three two one.
Speaker 2: Night shift and you'll leave one more time, three two one research research audience in between jobs.
Speaker 5: At the moment I get it, big.
Speaker 3: Icon energy, amazing and now do there's a Poulter. Guys, they're on they're on here. I think that's my seat. Actually, Like I keep moving and I think it's something behind me. But I think it's me.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, Like you are the nightmare you're hiding from guys like come.
Speaker 3: On, the last breakup today, the last time before we go is I think the best of the whole day. I'm bringing something to the table, a voice recording that you're not gonna want to miss that's coming up.
Speaker 2: Well, they're not going anyway.
Speaker 1: I'm just showing you how to be a great broadcastle. See the work never stops. Bag Icon Energy.
Speaker 3: If you've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Big Icon Energy podcast. For more, tune into Cato and DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio Radio