Speaker 1: Life onun Cut acknowledges the traditional custodians of country whose lands were never seated. We pay our respects to their elders past and present.
Speaker 2: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. This episode was recorded on de rug Wallamuta Land.
Speaker 1: Hi guys, I'm welcome back to another episode of Life on Cut. I'm Laura. I'm Brittany. I'm Brittany.
Speaker 2: I have a a that's not really a bone to pick. I've just realized I fucking hate asymmetrical shirt. I also hate that term a bone to pick.
Speaker 1: I hate the pone pick. You know why, because we picked so many bones. I got a bone pick. It's very radio, isn't it. I have a bone to pick with you right now? Totally you have. I'm going to describe it. You look great, you pop a color. You got some blue pants, thank you, linen pants that you obviously have never einned in your time. No are they're linen pants that I wear at least three times a week like they're my staples. Yes, I live in them. They came out of a drawer this morning though we left very early. You definitely don't iron them. And then you have a shirt on that has what do you call it? I know it's asymmetrical, but it's like really low one shoulder. It crosses on a diagonal across like high neck one shoulder down to the elbow on the other. Looked great if you don't move or breathe.
Speaker 2: Except I do move and I do breathe, and several times my entire left hitty has fallen out today, and I'm just you know what, I thought I would try something new, and that's why I only have the same ten things in my cupboard and I just rotate them because anytime I try something new, I wish I hadn't.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been to a nudy beach? H I've been.
Speaker 2: No, No, not to a specifically nude beach. I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I've been cloth beach, had gotten breaking some laws there.
Speaker 2: I've gotten naked at a beach, but it wasn't a nude beach, A public clothed beach. Yeah, but I mean there's lots of beaches around Australia that are quite empty.
Speaker 1: What happened.
Speaker 2: I got naked, went for a swim, and then got dressed again. Why when I was in my twenties, I went through this real phase of like nudy runs. That was my thing, like going for like a nudy swim at highlight.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I thought I was cool and then I realized that alone or are you doing this with people of both skinny tipping? So you yeah, but on your own, like you would go to a beach and just get nude. Because I have questions. Something is not adding up. Yeah, you're a streaker, streaking. What am I going to do with my night drive down to the National Park and Street. I'm genuinely haven't done it in yet. I'm genuinely why I should hope not. I'm genuinely perplexed. You would go down to a normal beach alone, get nude and swim.
Speaker 2: I go for a swim if I didn't have my swimmers on me or a towel or whatever. Just yeah, go for a naked swim, but only if it was a remote beach.
Speaker 1: This is weird, Okay, Yeah, well you just you think you know someone and I have a flasher and a streaker as a co ho.
Speaker 2: I think in another life, you know, like maybe when I'm retired and we don't live in the center of Sydney, I'll become a nudist. I quite love being nude. I'm nude around my own house. I don't often close the blinds, and that will be like Laura, I was just on the street and I could see you nude from downstairs.
Speaker 1: I don't care. I love being naked, that is me. Oh my god. Can I tell you something's funny?
Speaker 2: No, please don't refrain. I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 1: I don't even know why I'm gonna tell this last night, because I walk around nood all the time too, or just in my undies, because my house is pretty private, like from the street. No, from the street, but not from the apartment buildings across the street, because you can if you're in a high apartment, you can sort of look in. But from the street it's pretty good. You don't have to be a peeping tom. I used to live in your apartment, brit And you think it's private because there's bushes, But if you stand out in the street look in, like at nighttime, if you've got the lights on inside and you're standing out in the street looking in, you can see everything inside that apartment. Well, last night I was just in like nude, undis I probably look nude, nude, I wasted undies and a nude sea through briolet. That was all I was wearing because it was so hot in my apartment. So I was just walking around nude. And then I made a cup of tea and I walked my back door and I leant against the doors, having a real moment. If it was on a movie, it would have looked like a great scene. I was leaning against the door and I had one hand because it's a comfort thing that I do. I pulled the briolet down so my boob hold and I just held my boob while.
Speaker 2: My tea, my tea and my TDY.
Speaker 1: So I looked nude, feeling myself up, having a tea. And then I looked up and I saw a man in the apartment block across the road staring at me. I was like, how long he'd been watching me? How often does he watch me? No, that's not his fault.
Speaker 2: If you're going to stand outside completely naked, you can't shame a man for standing there and being like, oh, what's that girl doing.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not shaming him at all. I'm not shaming him. But I just it was the first moment I have ever realized how often I am nude. Sometimes I am completely nude. I have a mirror right where I was standing, and I just go and look at myself, and I'm like, check myself out. I'm like, what's going on? How the girls the curtains, the girl's holding up, okay, like gravity's starting to wig in. But he just completely watched me. I was like, oh my god, this is not his fault at all. Like, if I saw somebody that I thought was attractive, would I look? Yeah. I mean his responsibility is to probably look away, Like I feel like there's a moral obligation.
Speaker 2: That as you were like, I don't blame him. I was like, I kind of do a bit though. But if somebody is going to be naked inside their house and you can see it from the street, you can't be angry at that person from just looking.
Speaker 1: But what if it's not the street. What if it's one apartment to the other, and you know, morally you shouldn't be looking because it's there in their house. What do you do? Do you walk away?
Speaker 2: I think this becomes creepier because of the dynamic. You're like, it was an old guy and I'm standing there, But then I think about it. I don't think he was old, no way. Okay, regardless, let's make him sound creepy. I put myself in that position. If I was in my house and someone in the apartment directly across from us was naked walking around and I could see them. They were just like full blown in their glory with the windows open, You're like, man, come, I would look, and then I realized that's probably not what I should say. But I think I would just look and be like, hah, that person doesn't realize.
Speaker 1: I can see that they're naked. Yeah, I think that that's wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, we got to the bottom whilst you were naked in your doorway. I had the freaking best weekend ever. And I know that everyone's talking about Taylor Swift at the moment, which will be us next week because we're going this coming. Oh my god, it is this Sunday Tea Swizzle. I'm gone on Friday. But I think there's another band. There's another band that hasn't gotten as much airtime. And let me tell you, it was the fucking best thing I've ever done with my entire life. Stop bread crumbing. I went to the Bleak one a.
Speaker 2: Two concert on Friday. If you follow along my stories, I literally sounded like a swifty I was so in my element. But it was this moment of just pure fucking nostalgia. When I was eighteen, nineteen twenty, I was such an angsty little like I don't know, I just finished Uni. I had this boyfriend who wore black mail.
Speaker 1: Polish all the time, and I had a little skinny white belt, a skinny belt, well like skinny black jeans.
Speaker 2: And then everyone wore that like what's it called. It's like a white belt, but it's shiny. What's the material I'm thinking of, like a metasic fake leather, but shiny plethar whatever and vinyl. I don't know. Anyway, I had that belt and we were all just emo and angry at the world. And the reason why Friday was so fucking fun is because it almost felt like satire.
Speaker 1: So it was all these people who when they were that age. So everyone's forty plus now we're all grown up. I mean, I'm not quite forty, but we're all grown up.
Speaker 2: We've got kids, Like, we're all in a very different phase of life. And nobody that was there is probably still emo. Everyone was dressed as though they were emo. Everyone was doing like cosplay to their eighteen year old self, So did you cosplay to go?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I looked very unemo. But there was this one point where so like one of the main singers, Tom, he was like, is everyone having a good time? And everyone's in the crowd like ah, and he's like, fuck that be angry, we're emos.
Speaker 1: He's like, call your dad, tell your dad. It wasn't a phase.
Speaker 2: And it was so fucking funny because you never think about these people being like self deprecating. It was almost as though like they know so much that nobody who listens to their music is where they were that long ago. But now they can look back on it and laugh because when they were making that music, they were also kids who were like angry, angsty teens.
Speaker 1: And now their dads it's fucking good. So they still like, are they still actually emo? No? Not really. I wouldn't say one of them. Definitely not Travis.
Speaker 2: I feel like he's always going to be emo because he's covered from tattoos to the eyeballs down. But like the other one, No, they're just kind of like normal dads who sing angry songs, but I I've not been to a concert where, considering how angry some of the music is, it felt so joyful. It was like this, everyone was screaming and dancing and having so much fun. Everyone was so nice, like so nice.
Speaker 1: And I screamed and dance aren't mean, Laura, but they're sad and they hate everything. Still nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But the last time I went to a Blink One Night two concert, I was eighteen years old. The mosh pit was so crazy. Everyone was like that. I got smashed up against the front of the barricade and I had to get saved by a security guard. This was very different. I was laughing and I was laughing and singing so hard, and then at one point I was crying. But then I was also simultaneously crying from my vagina because my public floor is so bad. So it just everything felt really full circle and I'm actually wet yourself several times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's do you know what did you get yourself from excitement or from like laxicity both.
Speaker 2: I know I make a lot of jokes about my pelvic floor, but I would say it's actually not that bad. But there's something about the pressure of jumping up and down and simultaneously screaming at the top of your lungs. That really just forced a glass drops out down my legs and into my boots. So yeah, that was my weekend.
Speaker 1: Tell if you're taking the piars, no food in tended, but I cann't tell if you're taking the piers or if you were actually weaning into your.
Speaker 2: Shoes swinging into my shoes.
Speaker 1: I weed into my shoes twice.
Speaker 2: It was so euphoric. I pissed into my shoes twice.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I'm thinking. It's almost like you did a two in one. You know, how you go home. You put your foot in like a foot mask, like it was a rear foot buss. Your foot was just bathing in urine for like three hours. I was probably so soft and moist.
Speaker 2: Were you should see my feet. It's like I've been having done.
Speaker 1: It still smells like I can smell from here.
Speaker 2: I feel like we've heard so much about the tailor Swift content and everyone's talking about like what a euphoric experience it is, And there's something really incredible about being in a room with that many people who deeply love whatever it is that's on stage right, Like that's the Taylor Swift effect. You know, there's ninety five thousand people in Melbourne who were all in the one room kind of experiencing. Because she's obviously expanded across the last fifteen years, so there's so much nostalgia in what she does as well. You know, people who have listened to a song from when they were nineteen twenty years old to now and it kind of transports you back. But that's what this was for me. It transported me back so deeply to a time when I was eighteen, when I would sit in the car with my boyfriend at the time listening to this music and I put this on my stories, but I just had this real moment where I was like far, our life has changed so much since then. I'm so proud of where I am now. Like I'm there with my husband, who doesn't know a single fucking song.
Speaker 1: He would have known that Blink one A two could incite such passion. Really it was.
Speaker 2: It was transformative, and Matt thought I was a complete weirdo because he had discovered a part of me that he never knew about. He never knew that I was this like deep Blink one eight two fan and neither did jew And look it was really it took me back.
Speaker 1: So did he? Was he not in that Blink twenty two era?
Speaker 2: Yeah he was, He just didn't care about it as much as I did.
Speaker 1: You know who? I want to go and see that have just released a concert and I feel like, you know how you said, I don't know that about you. Blink twenty two. Pearl Jam, Pearl Jam are here in town. They're coming and I need to go because Pearl Jam for me sounds like what Blink twenty two was.
Speaker 2: Now I'm calling it twenty twenty four is like the year of nostalgia music. And the reason why I say that is because act well, no Aqua is here touring, the Googoo Dolls are here touring.
Speaker 1: Match Box twenty is here touring. Wasn't aqua Barbie girl?
Speaker 2: I'm a Barbie girl in a bubby world. I mean, perfect time for them to come back after the Barbie music.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was coincidental. Look, but they're all they are all in Australia at the moment, and it just it's so weird.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty four year of nostalgia.
Speaker 1: Imagine deciding to go on tour in the middle of Taylor Swift. Why if Taylor Swift is coming, I would be steering clear. If I was an artist, I'd be like, look, every single person in the history of time, he's gonna ge to Taylor Swift. I'll wait till she's gone on that I'll come.
Speaker 2: No, I feel like at least you kind of like ride on her coat tails, because like, even where we were, Blink one A two was in the stadium next door. Well, they were in the theater next door to her stadium. So she has like the ninety five thousand or one hundred thousand stadium and they their capacity was like fifteen thousand, but they're doing four or five shows and they've sold out every single show. That's a lot of fucking people who are going to watch Blink one eight two hundred.
Speaker 1: Percent A lot of people. Anyways, that was my weekend. It was very exciting. Sounds like you really went from the highest of eyes to the lowest of low's. Laura. I went to Laura's house last night.
Speaker 2: I've shut up.
Speaker 1: Well, I think Benis we spoke about this is how good friends we are. You know how you used to base your friendships off, if you could go to someone's house a without knocking, Like if you had a friend that you knew, you could just walk in without knocking. B A real friend would always walk in and they go straight to the fridge or straight to the pantry, like what have you got to eat?
Speaker 2: Like a real friend, if you're a real friend, they don't even say hello, like you just like you're right there acknowledge that they're in the house. But there's not even like a real hello.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you can't you never left, Like you come downstairs in the morning, I'm just have a bowl cheerio, So you're like, what are you doing here? Yeah, that kind of friendship. So that's a friendship Laura and I have. But this is like another standard of how you know that you're friends. So I went to Laura's house last night because we're gonna watch maths and have some tie and a girl's nine, just chill because we don't actually, you know, during the week, we try not to speak to each other too much, like as little as possible in terms of like really having those dms because save it off the podcast, save it for the pods, So we were.
Speaker 2: Very surface level usually during the week there's not much substance to us anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no are the best of times. It's pretty We don't know oxygen tank. We don't go deep. We stay on the top. So I walked into Laura's house and I just thought I walked straight around the back because I could see the back gate open. So down I go around on the corner, straight through the back door, and Matt and Laura are sitting over at their dining room table doing some work or something, having a talk. And I walked in and I was like, Hey, what up? And they're like just barely said anything to me, just like glanced back and looked at me like hey, looked away. And I was like, oh, okay, the energy is low. Yeah. When put my stuff down, my phone and stuff down on the table next them to say hello, and I was like, something just doesn't feel right, like there's an energy that's not right. So I was like, we're back in our EMO phase. Yeah. I was like, I'm going to read the room here and back away slowly. So I reversed up, got a drink from the fridge, and then just sat on the lounge and I was like, I'll let them finish whatever they're doing well. My god, within two minutes there was, and I'm going to say it, the worst fight I have ever seen you and Matt have. It was an all out brawl. That's not even a real fight. Excuse me. They were going It was like I wasn't there. They were like, you weren't there?
Speaker 2: Fine, you know I was there.
Speaker 1: They were fighting. You guys were going each other, and we don't have to get into what it was about. It was about Instagram. We were fighting about Instagram content. Guys. They were actually fighting about Instagram caption, the wording of a caption.
Speaker 2: Because I wanted to change the caption and Matt told me actually to check the email.
Speaker 1: Anyway, what you think could be a light fight turned into a proper, proper fight where I was like, I need to leave the room because it's so uncomfortable. They didn't give a fuck that I was there, Like it was like I was not there, and I was like, mom and dad are fighting. Mom and dad again a divorce.
Speaker 2: To okay, the kids were asleep. Firstly, we don't fight in front of the kids, but we do fight in front of Britty and that's okay.
Speaker 1: Laura storms up, like it tells me to get no, No, that did not happen. Matt told me to get fucked, and then he was like, we need to finish this conversation upstairs. So Maca is like, whatever, bis off. Whatever. So Laura comes over to me, sits on a lounge and looks at me, and I was like it's okay. I was like rubbing her leg in circles and I was like, it's all right, look at me. Let's get out of this and like you and I can talk. And then I saw Matt walking from behind him and I was like, oh my god, it's not over. That brought the argument to me and I just sat there quietly, didn't want to make eye contact. And then he goes, it's like parents. I felt like I was a kid. He looked at me and then looked at Laura and he goes, can I have a word with you upstairs? Please? And you were like yes, I think that's a good idea. And I was like, mom and dad are definitely divorcing. Then you guys went up and I left my phone up there, so I had to go and evacuate, and I was like, can't talk to anyone because my phone's over there. While you guys are going each other, and I was like, this is the my awkward moment of my life. Ten minutes later, you come back and you're like. Matt comes over and hugs me like I'm the child, just like letting me know it's okay. He's like, it's okay, We've sorted it. I'm like, okay, you don't need to die. You okay? Are you okay? Yeah? He came to see that I was okay.
Speaker 2: He's like saying, are you okay?
Speaker 1: Sorry that you had to witness that. Well, thanks for asking, Laura. I'm not okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well you should be okay because mum and dads fight sometimes, and that's okay. Everyone fights sometimes. Never fight about important stuff. We fight about literal shit in nothingness. We were fighting about work, and at that moment it was a dumb fight.
Speaker 1: And then the thing about Matt and I is there's a level of intensity for literally ten minutes, and then one of us makes the other person laugh and it disarms the whole thing, and then we're like, well, this was stupid, and then Mat goes, yeah, that was stupid, and then I'm like.
Speaker 2: Okay, well who's gonna say sorry?
Speaker 1: First?
Speaker 2: Normally he caves and says sorry first because I'm stubborn, but that's okay. You need one person in the relationship who's going to take the blame and take the fault. And then we came downstairs and Britt was like, you don't need to pretend like you're good for me because I'm here, and I'm like, no, no, really, we're fine. Now we got it out of the system. But I think that this is a testament to where you get to in friendships, because you would never have a fight like that in front of someone who you're just friends. You might have a fight like that in front of your sister, but like, you're so in the inner circle of us that it was as though you weren't there. And we came downstairs and Britt was gone, but actually you just gone. I'd gone with it in the back.
Speaker 1: I'd gone to the furthest part of the back gardend that I caught and I'm I'd sunk. You know that home is seems to meme where he goes back into the hedge. That's why I went my morphed back into the edge. And then Laura came down. She's like, in the garden, no, I Okay, it's important, guys.
Speaker 2: Everybody fights. Matt and I fights sometimes, but then it's not about the fighting. It's about the reparation. It's about how you make up. It's about how you say sorry, and it's about how long you hold on too grudges and there is never a grudge out household. It lasts for ten minutes and it is over. It is explosive and it is gone.
Speaker 1: Speaking of grudges, did you see Lauren Phillips ex Valentine's Day fight?
Speaker 2: It's good segue, good segue. I'm glad that we're no longer talking about my relationship, which is also healthy. You don't write about it in the Daily Mountain.
Speaker 1: No, you guys are stable and great, but you guys probably you may or may not know Lauren Phillips. She's like an Australian media personality. She was on radio and she's.
Speaker 2: Still on radio. So she used to be on Kiss Network Jace and Lauren, which is the breakfast show in Melbourne, and now they've moved across to Nova so they're going to it. They're still doing breakfast, but they're just doing breakfast on the no Ova Net.
Speaker 1: They're just doing it elsewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's great, she's lovely, and she's recently gotten engaged. She's literally getting married to a bazillionaire who owns a private jet company.
Speaker 1: But that's irrelevant. But yeah, I mean it's lucky for her, good tax af alone, irrelevant to the story.
Speaker 2: Good to know, though, good to have the background information. So something I didn't know until very recently is she was married before. I thought that this was her first marriage. Is you know, extremely wealthy man. But no, she's had a marriage before. Obviously separated from her ex husband and they were going through a divorce processes.
Speaker 1: Now, Brittany, So Valentine's Day has just gone right. It was last week And the reason I want to talk about this is because I saw a Valentine's Day post from one Lachlan's Park. Now Lachlan's Park was Lauren Phillips's ex husband. They were married for one year, from twenty seventeen to twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: But they are together for a bit longer than that.
Speaker 1: They've been yeah, yeah, they were together for six years. Yeah, got married in twenty seventeen, split in twenty eighteen, got divorced in twenty twenty one. That's the timeline. Now, this Valentine's Day post that Lachland posts to his current fiance He's moved on. Lauren Phillips has moved on to her partner. Lachlan's moved on to both in your relationships. The reason it's so gobsmacking and stopped me in my tracks is that the declaration on Valentine's Day from Lachlan to his new partner Courtney, was literally a screenshot of his divorce certificate from his divorce to Lauren, and he said, Happy Valentine's Day, Courtney, and I was like, oh my god, the divorce must have just come through. And he is posted to say, you know, like in some weird way, this is his romantic like yeay, I love you, I'm moving on, I'm getting divorced. I thought that was weird anyway, and I was like, okay, you've posted a divorce certificate to wish your current fiance happy Valentine's Day. But then I looked at the details. The certificate was from twenty twenty one. I cannot work out what has gone through this man's brain. He has posted on Valentine's Day his divorce certificate to Lauren Phillips from twenty twenty one and said Happy Valentine's Day to Courtney.
Speaker 2: No, there's more to it. The part that I thought it was so funny, okay because obviously, like we said, they're both now engaged to new people. And he wrote he did.
Speaker 1: Text Overla and he wrote, bigger me is officially off.
Speaker 2: The cards might have been worth checking before getting engaged. In hindsight, happy Valentine's Day at courts when or whatever her istram handle is.
Speaker 1: I don't understand. I feel like I miss I have to be missing something because it doesn't like, it doesn't make sense to me. I there's a part of me that's like, Okay, I know this divorce certificate says it was finalizing twenty twenty one, but it can't be. It had to have come through now otherwise, why the fuck is that your love declaration to your new fiance.
Speaker 2: I have conflicting feelings about this, because part of me sees this like if you're gonna post your divorce certificate and then tag your new fiance, part of me says that this suggests that you're still hung up on your divorce. Yeah, like that there is still some sort of like petty resentment that's coursing through your veins. That's how I feel about it when I saw it, which obviously my interpretation may not be the case. Also, don't come for me and sue me. But my second part of this, imagine being the fiance. Imagine thinking what is it about our relationship? What is it about us as a couple that makes you happy or inspired, or what is the thing that you know you want to celebrate about us that's important to you. And the only thing you can think of is how you're no longer in the previous relationship, which is just it's so undermining and it's actually a little bit humiliating. I would be so embarrassed if I was his current fiance.
Speaker 1: It's really shitty, Like at least your follow up story where it's like, you know, also, you're the best at Courtney I recently. You know, when you're getting into those moods in a relationship where you're a bit needy and you just want love and affection, you know, when you're like, okay, you might not know because you're six years deep. I was in one of those moods where I was like, hey, man, what's your favorite thing about me? Because I just wanted some I just obviously you want a compliment. I wanted a compliment. I was commonal, but also I'm genuinely interested, like what parts do you love? And I was just getting ready for my complimentary showered and he had this really long think and he said, I know, I said what he said, your smell. I was like, what, He's like, the way you smell, I was like, is in my perfume? And he's like yeah, I'm like that you bought me. And he's like yeah, And I'm like, babe, I don't think you understand the question. That's not part of my personality. I'm like, the question is what's your favorite thing about me? And he's like, yeah, the way you couldn't think of anything else.
Speaker 2: But it's but that was jen No.
Speaker 1: He thought he took his time and he could not understand why I was upset by that. He's like, no, but when I smell that, it makes me feel like home because you're I'm home. And I'm like, I get that, But if that is the thing you like about me the most as a human is the way I smell, It's like you could buy any woman that perfume, any single woman. Entrapment. Shut up, it's not entrapment, is imagine if that imagine if you said, what's your favorite thing in Maco's that shirt I bought you?
Speaker 2: You set him up to fail.
Speaker 1: I laid that on a platter. He could have said anything. I did not set him up and failed. I set him up. In fact, I set him up for a home fucking run. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But also when he explained to you, why, like because you smell like home to him, that still like that was like cute, Yes.
Speaker 1: It's cute.
Speaker 2: He's being adorable, and that's still not good enough. That's like you're treading into crazy girlfriend territory.
Speaker 1: You know why, because if I spray perfume and then hud Keisha, is he gonna smell Keisha and m home like a dopaman? I was about it. Come back to me.
Speaker 2: Can we just go back to this? Can we please just go back to Lauren Phillips and her husband for one? No, I'm not done. I'm not done because I do have one thing to say on this. I don't think it is that bad that he's celebrating the fact that he is divorced. I think we talk about divorce in such a taboo way, and I know that it's become way more normalized, but we usually talk about it in terms of it being like a failure. So I guess it's probably weird to us. I'm unpacking this a little bit too seriously, but it's weird to us that he's put up his divorce certificate as though it's something that he's proud of, because that as the way that society looks at it is that divorce is a failure. But maybe he actually was like, let's have a fucking party. I'm out of that relationship and I can now marry my now fiance. That was the way he viewed it, That was his intention. But I guess the thing that makes it a little bit more troublesome is the fact that both of these people. He's a producer, He has twelve thousand followers, which is not in a huge amount, but it's an amount that means that his post was not going to go unnoticed. And Lauren Phillips is a media personality and she has a huge profile. So I think that that's.
Speaker 1: Problem is not that they have twelve thousand followers. The problem is not that they're celebrating divorced. The problem is set he's celebrating his divorce from two years ago on Valentine's Day and dedicating it to his new fiance.
Speaker 2: That's the problem, okay to show, but also I do think we should celebrate divorce more. Divorce parties should be normalized in the same way that weddings are.
Speaker 1: Yes, not on Valentine's Day, not just somebody else. It's cooked. I'm sorry, it's cooked.
Speaker 2: So last night, Brick came over and we were watching Married at First Sight, which is you know, this is unusual for Britt because you are not a married at First cider.
Speaker 1: I'm not a married at First cider from Go to Woe. Like, I've never sat down and watched an entire series to follow their journeys. I'm a very sporadic tuning when I when I've heard that something drastic is happening, or the meat is talking about something, or I've got nothing else to do. But I've never been like from the beginning to the end and watched a whole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're the worst kind of person.
Speaker 1: Yeah you are. Thanks. Do you know why you're gonna tell me?
Speaker 2: Because you watch one episode and then you poopoo everything about it. You're like, oh my god, it's so it's so annoying how they always write stay when they don't love each other, and it's so this and I'm like, of course, of course you would say that because you're not in the trenches with me.
Speaker 1: I stand by that. I one hunt last night reiterated my thoughts about maths and about how I just and yes, I don't watch it from the beginning, but the reason it's so unbelievable. So last night, Ellie and Ben, there are a couple that I have you know, seen again, there are.
Speaker 2: A couple that I have absolutely no attachment to. I also alienbad, couldn't care less, but you know, let's talk about them. Elien Band, Well that was one of the standout ones for me.
Speaker 1: When they're on the lounge, they're talking to John and everyone else about, like, you know, their relationship, and I was just really wanting to root for a couple. Okay, And so they get on and Ellie starts talking about how upset she is and how rude Ben is and how he mocked her and he put on a voice to impersonate her, which I detest. Like that's a deal break for me. If everyone's like, eh, yeah, I'm like, fuck, you I'm out anyway. So he did that, and how rude he was, and just like, you know, how offended she was.
Speaker 2: He also said that she wasn't his match, and I finished, sorry. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He also then said, Brittany, because I'm on my rampant. He also said that she is not his match. So he blatantly said, you're not my match, and I want to get out of here. He said, I want to get out of here. You're not it. She said, you're a fuck with you treat me like shit. Then they're like, so what's the verdict, And they're like stay, and I'm like bullshit, Like why do you think it's so unbelievable for us as an audience when you two obviously dislike each other. You are putting a square peg in a round hole. And we know mass can work. You know, we've seen like Jules Robinson and Cam like, we've seen the success couples come out of it great. I hope for that. I hope that they all find they're happy ever after. But when you sit there and someone has literally said you're not it for me, and I just want to leave, but then push comes to shove and he's like, oh, I don't know why I said that that was so weird that that came out. I should stay totally. That's where I'm like, I just it's just not believable. Do you know what?
Speaker 2: Statistically though, there have been a successful couples that have come out of Mass. But something that's interesting is that there has never ever been a couple, a successful couple that's come out of Mass that's had a redemption arc story. So every single couple that's still together now that's come off the back of the series has been great from the get go. And I don't mean boring is in like, oh my god, that's so boring, but I mean boring is in there was no drama around their storyline. They just got in, they thought the other one was great, and then they were kind of the narrators around everybody else's drama from each season.
Speaker 1: Well, I can tell you the couple that I'm most invested in in this entire series of Maths is Jack Dunkley and his ex court Me. So it's not even the relationship that he's on the screen, it's the relationship that was happening before Maths and that he's currently playing out in the medium right now.
Speaker 2: Well, you guys might have seen so okay if you are across married at first SI. There's been a little bit of controversy that's been surrounding this guy, Jack Dunkley. He is in a relationship with Tory. They seem, I mean, if you're only just kind of like jumping in and out. They seem from the outset as though they must be a great couple because they're very complimentary to each other.
Speaker 1: They seem very touchy, feely and lovely. He wrote her the world's most boring poem, which I'm pretty sure he got chat GP to do whilst he was at the gym.
Speaker 2: It's a new ick that's.
Speaker 1: Been unlocked for me, and that is sing song poems. Can we play that? Here's the poem.
Speaker 3: I love the way you make our bed. I love the way you put a grin on my head. I love it when you cuddle me at night. I love it when you put up a fight like last night. I love the way you make me feel. This is a crazy experiment, but our connection is real. Most importantly, I love the way we're striving for our happy ever after, and of course how we share that ridiculous laughter. Don't ever change my baby. I'm already so very proud of you.
Speaker 1: Did you really right this?
Speaker 3: I did, babe.
Speaker 1: That's really cute. Okay. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The thing about them though, is like, and I don't know, there was a few layers to this last night, which I didn't like, because they have not actually been physically intimate in terms of having sex, and he in the past has said that he's like quite a sexual person, that he likes to be physical with his matches or his partners, and so the audience is kind of calling out this mismatch between him saying that he's sexual and now not wanting to have sex with his wife, even though he's saying that he is in this great relationship. Firstly, I found it a little bit odd that it's normalized within the maths world to question why someone hasn't chosen yet to be physical, because in like, it was almost as though and it was they did it in a very sensitive way, because I think even they knew that it was a blurred line around the whole consent conversation, but it was looked badly on them that they hadn't fucked yet, which I just think is kind of gross. This pressure that to prove you're in a good relationship, you have to have sex. I was like, Wow, that's a really gross message to send.
Speaker 1: I agree with that, But what I will say is I think that's because of the fact that it was front loaded by Jack with how much he loves sex and how sexual he is. So I think it would be a different conversation if he hadn't come out of the bat being like, fucking love sex, have it all the time. It's the way I connect. If he hadn't have said that, I don't think it would have been an issue. The fact that he's like, you know, we're just waiting it out. That makes sense, and you're like, Okay, I get that, take your time connecting whatever. But when he's like, a love.
Speaker 2: The sex, but not with you, I agree, and I disagree because I do think that there is an undercurrent of expectation that the participants are sexually active with each other. I think there is a pressure because every week there's the question of like, well, have you had sex yet? That has happened on every season with every couple, and the couples who are sexually intimate are kind of deemed as more successful couples, and I think it is a gross expectation that that's where people would get in this experiment, because ultimately they've still only been together for a couple of weeks anyway, total, that's a whole different thing aside. Now, the thing that has popped up in the news a couple of times now is the fact that Jack he had a girlfriend before going into the show, and the question mark has kind of sat across one how intense was that relationship, Like how invested were the two of them? The girl that he was in a relationship with has come out, her name is Courtney, But also like up unto what point? So like, how soon up until the show was filming, was he still in said relationship because he has downplayed it on the TV series he said that yes, he you know, had a bit of a relationship, but it wasn't anything serious. He's called her crazy and he's trying to minimize what the connection was that the two of them shared. But Courtney has since come out and she has shared photos on her Instagram and she has really kind of rewritten that narrative around I'm not the crazy X, I'm the jilted X, and I want to get my perspective across, So Courtney put.
Speaker 1: A couple of pictures on her Instagram. She even actually put one up with like a pole. I shouldn't laugh. I don't mean to be laughing, but it is real lives British. Seriously, I was laughing because she did make a statement basically saying like, I'm not going to give any quotes about it. I don't want to talk about it because I'm hurting. But then she put a foot with a pole, so I did think that was funny. She said, I don't deserve to be portrayed the way I have been. I have every right to defend my character by those who claim to know me. For something so meaningful to be disregarded like nothing. All I can do now is put my armor on and fight a battle I never wanted. Now. I really do feel for her because it's a pretty shitty feeling. It's always a shitty feeling to not be chosen right, like, even when you're seeing someone, when one person wants to end it, you're always going to feel shitty that you've been rejected, that it's not reciprocal the feelings. But then for that to be escalated onto a national TV show, which is probably the most watched TV show in Australia would feel pretty shit and undermining to know that you had something with someone. She said that they had said they loved each other just a couple of weeks before. She said that she had flown to meet his family into state. She also said that she'd started to sell furniture because they had been talking about moving in together. So I imagine she's very, very hurt. I don't know if they understand why she feels the need to be posting so much about it to defend herself. I don't know what she wants to get from putting out an air in all her dirty laundry, but I imagine it's because he has literally on TV called her crazy, you know, which I think is something that all women can connect to in some way when a man or an ex like how many times everyone listening now, how many times have you dated somebody or you've met somebody, could be online, could be new, whatever, and they say, oh, my ex used to be crazy, she was crazy. How many times have you heard that?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's like the biggest red flag, isn't it. It's also it depends on how many crazy exes everyone is entitled to have one crazy X. I think that's okay. I don't know if this is a quota statistically, that's fine. But if the guy you're seeing talks about women as though the exes in his life are crazy and as though they're the problem, there seems to be one common denominator and it's probably him, and it's probably the fact that he made them crazy. I mean, I don't want to kind of say that, look people can no. Actually I will say it I and I have said this on the pod before. I absolutely believe that you can be in relationships with people who make you act crazy when you're not actually crazy when you're not, because they inflame and securities in you. They inflame all the worst parts, because they behave in a way that's not congruent, or they you know, they say one thing to you, but they act in a different way. And if all of those indicating factors are true, if Jack did take Courtney to go on Meeta's family, if he was like, we're going to move in together, I love you, cell your furniture, all that sort of shit, and then he also told her he was breaking up with her because he'd taken a job in the United States, according to her, that stuff would make you be crazy when you find out that it's actually your boyfriend or ex boyfriend didn't go to the United States. That's not why you broke up. He actually just signed up for Marriat at First Sight and was on a TV show. But I guess the thing is is that it really does kind of hold a mirror up to the fact that often we can be in relationships where we think it's one thing, or we've been led to believe it's one thing, and actually the other person is nowhere near as invested as what we are, Which when you think about this, in this relationship, if looking at both sides of the story, Jack just simply was not as invested as what he maybe had either led her to believe or what she had come to think he was. And that's the outcome, right. But the reason why we're talking about this is this has kind of popped up a couple of times in media.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: It was exposed before the show had even started airing on TV, so he already had a bit of a villain narrative. But in the last two or three days, Courtney has shared more photos, and so she shared this one photo of her sitting on Jack's lap where he has his arms wrapped around her. And that's the one.
Speaker 1: Where she was like, you know, does Jack look at Tory the way he looked at me? Yes? No, maybe?
Speaker 2: And then she posted and then she posted another one which was them it looks like they were at the airport potentially, and she was like, you know, this is when we went to Melbourne a week before he left to go and start filming, and he's tying it's just of her feet actually, and he's tying up her shoelaces, which I guess is trying to show that he was caring towards her. You know that we had a level of intimacy, but I don't know. My big question is, and like you said, Britt, would I go down this path, like would I be the jilted ex lover who wants to expose the type of person that my ex boyfriend was on TV?
Speaker 1: Part of me thinks yes.
Speaker 2: Part of me thinks it's so unfair that when one person has a media profile and they're able to spin a certain narrative around you know, like this Courtney girl, she has no profile, She has no way of necessarily getting her story out. I mean obviously she's gone to media. But when a certain narrative has been spun about you, and maybe your friends or your family have heard this version of who you were, that seems untrue. There's a part of you that's like, this is unjust and I want to be able to get my word out there and get my story out there. At the end of the day, who knows what has actually gone down in this relationship. But it does raise a bigger question, and that is when it comes to these reality TV shows like The Bachelor, like Married at First Sight? Do the people who enter them need to be completely single? Do they need to be like they've had nothing else on the table for quite a period of time? Or can they be in relationships or can they be you know, dating or seeing people but they're not invested and they're looking for something better than that.
Speaker 1: I genuinely think the latter. I think that people can be loosely dating and seeing people, are in situationships and then decide to go on a show like this. Can you be in a serious relationship and be in love and then dump them for TV? No, like fucked hard, No, you can't do that. But think of how many times I in my twenties, there were times that I would be dating people casually knowing one hundred and twenty percent that person is not my person. This is not going anywhere. I'm not introducing you to my family. But do I enjoy spending time with you and hanging out or having sex or whatever else. Yeah, Like, you can be friends with someone and enjoying your time and having sex and doing all the things that a relationship entails without being in a relationship. You can do all that knowing that it's not going anywhere. If that's your choice. Would I ever do that now? Absolutely not. When I got into my third I started dating with a purpose, and my purpose was I want to date, to meet somebody and to be with that person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but a lot of people date because they want to date, they want to experience. They don't have the same expectations for an outcome. And I actually, I genuinely think that when it comes to dating, depending on the period that you are in life, you should just date for the experience. You should date for getting comfortable, for knowing what you do like, what you don't like a what you want in a person, how you interact with someone, how you fight, how you have conflict resolution. I I Matt and I. But I, I mean, truthfully, I was dating when I signed up for The Bachelor, Like I was. I mean, technically, are you were married?
Speaker 1: Weren't you?
Speaker 2: It was comp care I was just quite divorced to it. No, I mean technically I was single, but I was definitely dating. And I guess I think about my experience, and I'm like, had stories come out, Like if that guy who I was in a relationship with wanted to fuck me over, he could have gone to media and said X y Z, and that would have painted me in a way which wasn't true. It wasn't indicative of what was going on in my life. But he could have done that if he wanted to destroy me, if he was somebody who felt resentful. But luckily we were both very much on the same page around what the relationship was. And I was looking for something better and I was looking for something more meaningful and something that could lead me to a potential life partner.
Speaker 1: Did I expect to find that on the Bachelor? Fuck?
Speaker 2: No, I thought it was gonna be a funny experience, But you know, I was still willing and hoping for that opportunity to come along.
Speaker 1: When I went on a Bachelor, I was definitely not seen anyone but I and you know this person, Laura. I had been talking to a person that was Australian but had been overseas for work for quite a while. We had met online and we were vibing. We were like facetiming every day or obviously I know I have a truck record of probably talking to people that aren't here, but we were really really vibing each other, and we FaceTime twice a day and that was for like two months with all intentions of meeting when he got home because he was on this overseas trip. He was a pilot, and just before he was coming home, You're looking at me like.
Speaker 2: Trying to who it was this now I'm thinking, wasn't Jimmy who was the next Bachelor?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I was talking to Jimmy toom remember before he went on I Love You, Holly. No, he's a pilot named well, I'll tell you he's a pilot. And before he was coming home. I got on the Bachelor because obviously, like I didn't know this guy, but I was enjoying talking and so I had applied for the Bachelor I got on and I told him he was coming home the following week and I was like, hey, I can't meet you anymore. I'm going on to the Bachelor, and I just and he was like, oh my god, good luck. He was amazing. He was like, you gotta kill it. And I was like, that's the attitude that I need. Now I'm on no one's side here. One thing I did want to say, because I understand the media can pick something and go hard on it, and then somebody's story is ingrained in you for the rest of existence. The media has really honed in on the fact that when Jack broke up with Courtney, he told her he was going overseas for work, and that has become a part of his story. Like what a liar. You know, you said you're gonna move to whole nother country. Then you pop up on TV from the outset. It sounds really bad and it is really bad. But after having been in that exact position, and I know you have a different story, Laura. But when I found out I went on a Bachelor, they tell you they're so adamant. You sign your life away, you sign paperwork. You cannot tell a soul you're going on only the people you absolutely have to, which is like your immediate family or an immediate employer or something like that. But you are not allowed to tell anyone you are doing this show. And they scare you to the fact that they're like, if this comes out or if anyone knows, you're cut from the show. So if you're not really well versed in the media landscape or reality TV landscape, which these people that are going into this show aren't, And I wasn't you take it really seriously? I told everyone but my immediate sort of five family members. I told everyone that I was going to Bali for a meditation retreat and I was gone for three months, and like two months in they were all like, is Brittany on one of those silent retreats? But I took that really serious. But imagine I've actually giving.
Speaker 2: Him way too much better at the doubt.
Speaker 1: I think I'm just telling you that I feel for that part, because that's the excuse he's done. He's been like I have to go away. He's taken that seriously or could he be a wenker? Yeah, I'm sure he is a wanker. But I just want to I just want to put that out there so people know what it's like and don't just formulate one opinion on someone.
Speaker 2: Yes, I totally agree with this, but I think in those instances when you're lying to the people in your close network and you're saying, okay, you have to make up a story about where you're going to be to justify the fact that you're going away to film a reality TV show. Normally you're telling people whose lives it doesn't actually impact that you're lying. So if you have a girlfriend and you're lying to her about where you're going to that impacts her life. I had a similar experience with Brittwin and I did Bachelor. There was this one guy that I'd been seeing who like adore him. He was a great, great guy, and we'd been seeing each other for a really long time, on and off. I always wanted it to go somewhere like I always saw the potential because I'm a real potential person.
Speaker 1: You could pick up turd and be like, this could be a diamond and if I freeze this up, make it hard and polish it up and give it a paint, that could be a statue.
Speaker 2: Literally, So I saw the potential in what we could be and we were like, we're really good friends as well. And I remember just before going into the show, he was in Sydney and the guy lived in Melbourne at the time. He was in Sydney and I was like, let's go to breakfast. There's something I want to talk to you about. And I told him I was doing The Bachelor. Because I kind of told you I'm not committing.
Speaker 1: I don't totally, I kind of wanted him to greenlight it.
Speaker 2: I wanted him to be like, that's fine, like there is nothing here, so like you go and do your thing.
Speaker 1: And he's like, I don't have to go on.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's exactly what I said, and he was way too enthusiastic.
Speaker 1: He was like this is a great idea. He's like, you should go. This is amazing, And so then I did go.
Speaker 2: Obviously I was like, okay, well, I'm glad he's as enthusiastic about it as what I am. So he greenled it for me and I went. And then when i'd finished, when I came out, so obviously Matt and I were together, nob he knew because we had to keep it really quiet and really secretive. When I came out from the shows, well, no.
Speaker 1: He was like this poor.
Speaker 2: Guy didn't know that I was in a relationship. And I came out and he was like, telling you that I wanted you to go was the stupidest thing I've ever done, and I want to be with you. And I was like, I was like, well things ended really well for me, so sorry about that.
Speaker 1: You do with that? What you were? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Anyway, at the end, I silly boy.
Speaker 1: I ended Betty's kicking himself. Now I'm sure he doesn't care. Now he doesn't. It's polished in your house. Do you know what it was?
Speaker 2: He was the definition of a guy who wants what he can't have. That's all it was. It was only because the opportunity of us was gone that he was like, oh maybe I do want that, So it would have turned terrible anyway.
Speaker 1: I actually and just to come full circle that pilot sleep, I actually ended up meeting him twice, like so I think two years went past and he was like, do you want to finally meet but sorry me, no. We never even ended up making out. He was super good looking, but the chemistry is on their in real life, and we ended up meeting up once for a coffee and it was cool. Like it could have we could have worked on it. Like it wasn't immediate, but it wasn't bad. And then I think there was another year between dates. We were on one more date again, not even a date. We just caught up and I was like, it's not there. But so we did try. That relationship, like we was probably the best one I've had where we met up twice and over two years. That was it. But that I did, we did try and comfort circle for that. I just wanted to add that in with the pilot. You tried, Yeah, we tried.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, all right, it is time for accidentally unfilter your most embarrassing stories. We fucking love them. If you've got some accumiliating happening to you or something in the past, we're sorry. But writing no, we're not. We're not because everybody's always there's always embarrassing stuff. It's how you react to a moment in life. It's not what happens to you, it's how you react to it. And by reacting to it, I mean send it into life on cup podcast on Instagram. All right, this one is great. My birthday is Valentine's Day, so my husband got me some presents and we were going to open them up with my four year old and the baby twins. When I got to the second box, I opened it and my daughter went, Mommy, you got a microphone? And I thought, why would he ever buy me a microphone?
Speaker 1: I don't sing?
Speaker 2: I thought it was a microphone as well. Realize well it was actually a magic wand there was a great, big black microphone. My daughter was adamant about opening it, and then she wanted to try it out. I did hide it instantly, but she proceeded to tell everyone that I got a microphone for my birthday, and she wanted to sing it.
Speaker 1: That's the worst too, because you know that she's going to school for chov and tell telling everyone then mum got a big microphone.
Speaker 2: Cute and innocent. But also, if you're the husband buying a dildo for your wife, why are you letting her open that in front of the kids? Like was she opening the present on her own without anyone around?
Speaker 1: Just the kid? Laurie, you realize you're saying this when Lola's favorite toy at the moment is a sex whip.
Speaker 2: That's true, but that's different. It's not one we actually use.
Speaker 1: It runs around with a sex whip, calling it like a horse. No, a wand she thinks it's a magic wand yeah, it is a magic wand it's a sex whip.
Speaker 2: It's like literally like a paddle that you would use on a horse. Yes, so you make it go faster. It's a riding crop, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got it. Just a second, Lola has a sex wave would be good though we've never used it.
Speaker 2: But i'm a little spanking's nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, why don't you try that out? Come back on first, your magic wand Okay, this accidentally unfiltered, is something that I would do. I just went to text my boss and I realized that three months ago, when I was doing an F forty five challenge, that I had set my boss the results of my body scan. I'm talking my weight, my b and I my body fat percentage, everything, just out of the blue, a random text. The fucking worst part is the body scan was before the challenge started. Actually fucked my life. I'm dead. I wouldn't even show my partner that shit, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Be more like, don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: In brace that is so funny, but who cares if it's the before or the after shouldn't matter.
Speaker 2: Just don't and I to your boss.
Speaker 1: That shouldn't matter. But imagine no clue, there's no context, like this is my fat percentage. You're like, thanks, I just want you to know I'm working on it. Like but also the fact that the boss didn't respond. I would have been like, if kecha sent me her body five percent, Actually no, I'd probably like you go go. I'd probably be cheerleader. To be fair, I sent my labia to my staff and she didn't respond either, So it's nature.
Speaker 2: I mean, I understand, I understand. Maybe he felt uncomfortable and violated. He was like, I didn't want to know that.
Speaker 1: I don't need to know. I don't need to know that.
Speaker 2: I do have an update for you, though, Britt on the whole me sending my labia to my staff member, if you didn't listen to a lot I think it was last Tuesday, Tuesday before, if you didn't listen to that episode, basically my aexually harassinginess. You cannot say that I was absolutely not sexually harassing my staff.
Speaker 1: Well, you unintentionally sent her a picture of your laber, so yeah, but like a medical picture, not like a sexy picture. It doesn't mater different.
Speaker 2: It's different.
Speaker 1: It's not a medical it's just a laber. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But like just like a non styled lighting photo of a lavier is different to being like, here's malebi.
Speaker 1: It's like screenshots. You know how you have the measure app in your phone. It's like Laura's not on the measure app.
Speaker 2: For a lad I was like, how many centimeters is too many? Now I'm joking, no, but okay, she has my old work phone. The photos were sinking, and she was getting photos of my LaBier, which was not intentional. I told the story on the podcast. Julia is her name, and I have an update for you, she says, and she swears black and blue that she did not see it, and she was like, I always thought that you had such high trust in me. She's like, I thought you knew that your photos were sinking, and I always just thought, gosh, Laura has such high trust in me that I'm not gonna look And I was like, it's still weird that you didn't tell me, but anyway, it's fine.
Speaker 1: She bless her cotton socks. She looked, but I love that she's trying to make you feel better. Yeah, like you saying if you saw someone newt in the apartment next door, you know what's wrong, but you couldna have That's true. It's true. I would look at my neighbor.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyway, look suck and sweet Brittany, what's your suck for the week?
Speaker 1: My suck. You're gonna say it's against the rules because I've already mentioned it, But my suck is definitely just been spied feeling my boobs up by my neighbor being sprung. That's my suck. Wasn't the fact that your dog almost got killed by a camel? Oh? Yeah, my other dog. Yeah, there's camels. I went home to Port McCrary, where I'm from, on the weekend, and we have camels that like live on the beach. Basically you can do camel rides and they're the best. Everyone in Port mcory knows them. Hey, hey, hey, ride a camel today. That's a song. Anyway, I went back with to get Delilah. She lived with my parents for two months while I was gone, and they have two other little dogs. They have this tiny little rescue dog called Daisy who literally weighs a kilo. She's like a half sausage dog. Half god knows what. She's straggly little thing. She's two centimeters off the ground, but she is ballsy. She doesn't she thinks she's like a great day. She's got a small dog syndrome annoying. Doesn't bark ever, not that she doesn't try, just too much confidence. So she's literally the size of a camel's foot. Anyway, she took off and was weaving in and out of these camels. The camels didn't even know she was there, and I was like, this is how she dies. I was like, she's going to be squished to death by a camel. Thank god she wasn't. It was fine, So yeah, sure, let's make that my suck. My suck was on my dog nearly died by a camel. My sweet was definitely just going back to Port mcquarie for the weekend. I caught up with all my family and some of my really good friends there and it was just really wholesome. I got Delilah back after two months. I was super worried that she was gonna hate me and judge me and forget me, but like Ben, she loves my smell. She remembered me straight away, so that was That was my sweet. I just had a really wholesome weekend.
Speaker 2: Very very cute. Also nice that you've got to go and spend some family time after being away for so long. And also I'm glad that you've got Delilah back.
Speaker 1: Thank you very grad Is she validating my sweet?
Speaker 2: Is she any more well behaved?
Speaker 1: No, she's worse. She's worse. Yeah, she's the worst.
Speaker 2: Something that you guys don't know is that Brick got asked to go on the reality TV show Don't Behaving Badly?
Speaker 1: Actually messaged me again yesterday. That is like following up. Is she's still bad? I'm like, yeah, oh yeah, she's fucking terrible. Anyway, that's no one needed to know about Dolilah's reality TV crew.
Speaker 2: What's your sock taken after mummy?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: My suck for the week is do you know what? I didn't really have a suck. I can say it was the fight with Matt, but truly it wasn't. Fights are fine, and I'm gonna stand by this. Fighting is healthy. It all comes down to how you make up. It's very important. Maybe that was my suck. Your for my fight could be your suck. No, my suck for the week. Fuck, it was just such a good week, so I really don't want to labor in like the little bits that weren't didn't make me happy. Who because I'm going to say that my fight, but it just wasn't even Some might say it might have been the urine in my boots, but once again, that was pure, the unfiltered joy. I have had so many sweets this week, and I know that that goes against the rules, but just this entire weekend was one sweet after the other.
Speaker 1: I had.
Speaker 2: Sunday was one of the best days I've had in ages where Matt and I we got to take the kids to the beach that we had fishing chips for lunch down the beach, and then we play with them in the backyard and it was just like a very family orientated day that was wonderful. Like we both kind of at the end of the day, we're like, oh, we feel like we're on holidays, even though we were just dicking around knowing backyard and it was so much fun. And I know that sometimes when work gets really crazy and life and everything just kind of is in the chaos and you're in that sort of like from one thing to another. You don't really get time to plug in to your kids and plug into your family and spend those really quality time moments together. And for me that was this weekend. It was amazing. Also blink on it two, pissing in my own shoes. Pure joy hard to pure joy, really hard to choose. And then and then Saturday, I spent Saturday night.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's one thing. We don't need it right out of the.
Speaker 2: Week making friendship bracelets with my kids?
Speaker 1: Did you make me? Will not yet, but we will, guys. That's it from us.
Speaker 2: Pretty big titty, Okay, that's do on that. What do you want on your friendship bracelet?
Speaker 1: Pretty big titty? That's great.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks big titty.
Speaker 1: If that's what I am to you, that's it, guys. Please if you have any accent and filters right into life onun Cut podcast on Instagram just in the d just put actually I'm filtered. If you have ask on cuts, if there's anything you want to tell us or have us know, that's the place to find us. We also have a discussion group on Facebook that is off its tits like it is the funnest, coolest place. That's life un Cup discussion group.
Speaker 2: And also just go and hit follow if you listen to the podcast, if you have to look us up every week. Go wherever you listen to the pod, hit follow and it will drop into your library every single time we bring out a new episode. And that's it from us, guys.
Speaker 1: You know the drill. Don't forget tell you mum, tey, dad, tea, don tee, friends, and share the love because we love it.