Speaker 1: Laura, come on, oh hello everybody. Happy hump day girls?
Speaker 2: Hello everyone?
Speaker 3: Do you know what, guys, it's not a happy hump Day for everyone out there. Today is the number one day of the year that people get broken up with.
Speaker 2: Is it statistically the highest breakup day or.
Speaker 4: Is it just its International breakup Day?
Speaker 5: Laura, why do you have to get so serious?
Speaker 2: But everything I don't know. I like, it's dump Day.
Speaker 1: It's not hump Day. It's Dumble's date again, eleven twelve.
Speaker 4: You know, Hi, everything has a day like it's like National Pirate Day or.
Speaker 2: Dressed like a pirate Day, National donut Day.
Speaker 5: No, today's the day because people think I've.
Speaker 2: Left it as long as I can.
Speaker 3: I don't want to go into the Christmas season with my partner because like I don't want to be I want to be seeing and mingle. I don't want to take them to my family events. So I feel like the eleventh is where they feel like it's the latest day of the year they can do it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I agree. If you want to break up with someone, you've got to get that done with now. We'll dump them on air mate. We're not that kind of show.
Speaker 1: I would never you'd make me do it. I would do it. I would be fine.
Speaker 4: I'd end up dating them for five years, Like, let's don't come, don't let me if my exes have anything to do with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I stay in bad relationships. Imagine that my relationship now is great though. Sorry everyone, just.
Speaker 4: Okay, So back to dump day.
Speaker 1: Can I say you said all of that? We didn't ask one.
Speaker 2: I didn't actually say anything. I think we're talking about something else.
Speaker 4: Well, as it was coming out of my mouth, I realized I could have been very easily misconstrued as though, like my relationship now was bad, I'm staying in it. No, I'm married to an angel I was broken up with on Anzac Days.
Speaker 5: It's like train wreck, just digging a hole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brittan, I had moved on. Yeah, have you guys been broken up with a big holiday? Because now Anzac Day is always somber for me, not that it wasn't before, but.
Speaker 4: Days is a bit of a somber day as it is more Days is not about you to break it.
Speaker 2: It's not a bitch.
Speaker 1: As that came out. That was a Laura Byrn moment. Yeah all right, Well, welcome to a Wednesday pick up everybody next on the show, We've got pick up put down all the big stories of the week that I've compiled for you girls to get your judgment on. Get this working with Taylor Swift? Do you think she'd be a good boss or a bad boss?
Speaker 5: The best, but I think she'd be amazing.
Speaker 1: Well, what Taylor Swift gives out for bonuses to her personal staff has been released. It's really impressive. Okay, I can't wait to hear next on the Pickup. Hey, for the last time in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Oh, that feels sad.
Speaker 1: It is sad. Oh my god, we have to do this pick I have collated for the very last time the big news headlines of the week. I've done it overnight. I got to bed very late finding these stories and Britain Laura.
Speaker 2: So fresh for someone who stayed up all night.
Speaker 5: Man, Should I just love your dedication to the cause?
Speaker 7: Me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm dedicated. I'm good employee. What I've done is I've got some new stories. You need to tell me whether we pick them up or we put them down, as in we never talk about them again and keep the conversation.
Speaker 2: What have you got for us today?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Like I said up very late getting the big stories.
Speaker 5: Hey hit us with the big story.
Speaker 1: They go, well, I got put down sleeping with the fan on.
Speaker 5: What did you stay up all night with the fan on?
Speaker 2: This where they came from. Put it down. I've seen this everywhere. It's so viral at the moment, I love a fan at bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, some experts they're warning against sleeping with a fan on. Apparently it can negatively impact your muscles and your sinus passive off, shut up a load, and your mental health. Fans are really coming for every aspect.
Speaker 4: We're eating microplastics every day. I think there's other things we need to worry about more than on microplastics all day.
Speaker 2: I don't know why you're in the microplastics era.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm in the microplastics point of the conversation because I just read something before walking in here that said that, like, men have microplastics in their testicles and women have them in the ovaries. Now, that's how many microplastics there are in the world everywhere. So when we have to think about like the big things that are happening in the world, sleep we the fan on doesn't feel that critical right now.
Speaker 5: By twenty fifty.
Speaker 2: I know you'll love this.
Speaker 5: By twenty fifty, there's going to be more.
Speaker 3: Plastic in the sea than fish. If you go fishing, you're gonna catch a plastic box.
Speaker 1: And get this. On average, every man and woman per per year peas out enough microplastics to make a lego.
Speaker 2: You made that up. You just made that up.
Speaker 1: Also were listening look googling. Microplastics were in me.
Speaker 2: I need to know.
Speaker 1: I had a great joke that no.
Speaker 6: One laughed at.
Speaker 5: It was very funny, Laura.
Speaker 1: Chick, don't make me repeat. Are you have to listen back to the show to get it all? Sorry?
Speaker 2: Guys, I have microplastics in my brain.
Speaker 1: We know, all right? Pick up, put down? Tim TAM's being voted the most popular biscuit in Australia for twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: What yeah, I'd pick that up.
Speaker 3: I love a Tim Tam, I love a Timtam slam, I love a triple shock, I love a caramel, I love the white.
Speaker 5: I will eat them all.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, look, I mean I have nothing to add to that. I wholeheartedly agree. Do you want some stats? Honesty?
Speaker 1: There arenot's wrapped like Spotify wrap. I think that's really cool. I love Arnot's. More than three hundred million packets of Arnet's biscuits were purchased, three hundred million.
Speaker 2: Think of the microplastics.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, sorry, it's funny.
Speaker 2: It was funny, all right.
Speaker 1: Pick up, put down. Taylor Swift giving out one one hundred and ninety seven a million dollars in bonuses to her errors, to her performance, staff and crew.
Speaker 2: Pick it up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, amazing, It is amazing.
Speaker 3: But it's also the equivalent of us giving like a twenty dollars one. She made two billion dollars on this tour alone, and she doesn't have to give that back. It's incredible, but that sum of money relative to her earnings is the same as US giving you twenty dollars.
Speaker 2: I would also love to know which we will do so generous.
Speaker 4: I would love to know how many employees she had, Like what does that look like per person? You know she could have had, but she could have had, like, you know, a thousand people working on it, and then I don't count in the mouth, so don't ask you to, but like thousands of ye see, maybe it was only a couple hundred each.
Speaker 1: You never know, you know what's crazy? I guess when you think about like a person being the business, it's so weird to think that she would have like hr, she'd have stuff, she'd have people that work under Taylor Swift. She is she makes more money than anyone than so many other businesses, so of course she set up.
Speaker 4: Like wise, she's rolling in it. One person does need two billion dollars. It's not possible. She couldn't have been that in a lifetime.
Speaker 1: With one Well she could. That private jet gets a lot of.
Speaker 2: Use, that's true.
Speaker 5: No, I think it's great.
Speaker 3: I think she's incredible, and I reckon she'd be a really cool boss.
Speaker 5: I genuinely think that.
Speaker 1: Well, listen someone that we sent to see Taylor Swift. Because Taylor wrapped up her Heirs tour in Vancouver, her final ever performance, we sent our beautiful listener Caroline. She won the tickets with us and we're going to I know, so cool. We're going to cross to her next to see what it was like. Let's go live to Vancouver, Canada, girls, because as you know, we gave away the trip of a lifetime.
Speaker 2: It was, I reckon, the best prize that we've had ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to get this, it was an accommodation to Vancouver to see Taylor Swift's final ever Eras tour, which happened only a few days ago. It's done for good now.
Speaker 5: It has to have been the prize of the year. And we have Caroline on the line live from Vancouver. We sent her there to see the last show. I am wildly jealous. Caroline. How was the very last eras to her?
Speaker 7: Hi, guys, Oh my gosh, it was unbelievable. We were sobbing the whole time. The energy was so high. We honestly, from start.
Speaker 6: To finish, we were just crying and like screaming with joy.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: But you went to it as well in Australia, right, like, this is the second time you've seen the show?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so the first time I actually like limped into the stadium at the MCG because I had my appendix out.
Speaker 6: Look.
Speaker 7: Oh, dedicated edication for both shows has just been a basic. Carolina was good to actually be able to walk in, well run in from the airport last night.
Speaker 1: I can imagine. So what was Taylor like, because I'd imagine she'd be absolutely emotional too, been doing this show for over two years.
Speaker 6: She was incredible.
Speaker 7: I don't even know how she got through the show without sobbing, like we were in a mess. And she was just so professional fun. She looked like she was having the time of her life. At the end, she was hugging all of her singers and had dances.
Speaker 6: Oh it was it was such a vibe. It was so great.
Speaker 4: To be fair, she was probably excited that she gets to spend some time with a boyfriend. Now she's like, God, I'm so she must be exhausted.
Speaker 5: But Caroline, how did it differ?
Speaker 3: Like, did she do something that was really special for the last show that she didn't do it any other show?
Speaker 7: So we actually didn't get the tortured poets in the mcg show, so we got that right. She also had obviously a lot more chatting with the audience, and she was just so much more, you know, I think reflective on the time that she had. Yeah, she did a bunch of the surprise songs, which was amazing.
Speaker 1: What did she do?
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, what did she do?
Speaker 7: Off the top of my head, she did the Romantics long lived Day Magnie script. She did so many it was just like song after song after song.
Speaker 1: Wow, did you get any friendship? Bracelets, Like, what was the energy like with all the Taylor fans, because I know that, like the friendship bracelets was such a part of this eras too massive, weren't they.
Speaker 6: So we actually got one on the fly. Our flight attendant saw.
Speaker 7: That we were swifties all in our yeah, and he gave us fun and he gave us free wine and he was like us off the plane earlier. Wow, it really is a phenomenon, isn't it, Random lady, Yeah, like random people that weren't even going in.
Speaker 6: They were just like happy that we were experiencing it.
Speaker 7: Or some people like in wedding dresses and wanting us to sign their dress.
Speaker 1: It was just so cool.
Speaker 4: I would imagine though, because it's the last one, so many people would have flown in for this, Like it wouldn't have just been people from Vancouver, it would have been people from all over the world.
Speaker 2: Like what an experience.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we heard a bunch of different accents, and I think everyone was just running on pure adrenaline, like the exhaustions starting to pick in today, but it was just like everyone just rallied to get there.
Speaker 3: Do you think there's any other moment that you're ever going to have in life that could compare to this moment.
Speaker 7: I don't think so. And I actually said to my partner, who I've left in Melbourne because I ditched him for the girls. I was like, you're not going to have a tough time trying to top this for the rest of our life.
Speaker 1: So good. What are you doing in Canada for the last few days? There's good Christmas markets.
Speaker 7: At the moment, we're at the Suspension Bridge, which is a massive Christmas light show, and we're actually about to jump in an uber to go to the Christmas market.
Speaker 6: We're seeing an ice hockey game.
Speaker 2: We've gone to so fun.
Speaker 1: Carolina, I think on behalf of the girls and we could not have chosen a better winner to represent our show and go to see Taylor in Vancouver. So we're so happy for you.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much.
Speaker 7: It has genuinely just been the trip of a lifetime and to have three of my best friends with you.
Speaker 8: We are very very grateful, Carol, Caroline enjoy the last holiday.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you so much.
Speaker 6: You guys are amazing.
Speaker 2: They couldn't have been a better winner.
Speaker 4: Hey, mag someone who also just knowing all the names of the songs and everything, were you or everyone.
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know any name.
Speaker 1: I went. What a good winner she had all a tasteful of teeth in the head hair.
Speaker 2: You couldn't have got a better friend. She breathes, so like you know, she's really all right.
Speaker 1: Next time the show. I just got a text from my parents in my family group chat. As you know, I live at home, but I'm doing well, so it's okay, thanks mich I think I'm gonna have to move out. My boyfriend and I have done something to the house when my parents are away, and I am that.
Speaker 2: Does not sound good.
Speaker 1: All bad.
Speaker 4: This is not I would say that this is more frequent than what you realize.
Speaker 1: Bitch, you know it's a real problem. That's why I'm asking my two dearest friends for some advice after this. I need to I'm actually mortified. Girls, What have you done? No, just generally this is bad.
Speaker 2: You say this every.
Speaker 1: Every This is my undoing. This is I'm actually mortified, and I haven't replied to my parents yet. We have a group chat. As you know, I'm twenty nine, very young, successful. I live at home. That's where the success ends and it starts, and it begins, and sadly finishes. I have a group chat called housemates, which is me, my sister, rate Jell, my parents.
Speaker 2: That's really cute.
Speaker 1: I like that my message comes through to housemates this morning. As we know on the show, we haven't revealed that my parents do make my bed sometimes, and that is because they know that I like freshly made sheets, so they do it as like a surprise, you've had a big week, We've done your bed sheets for you. So mum made my bed and she sent me a text and she said, hey, what has gone on here? So have a look at this photo. I want to So this is my bed sheets. This is the bed sheet that goes over the mattress and for context.
Speaker 5: Fed sheet.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, fitted cheap. I mean a relationship. We're still in that phase where we getting lot lots going on. So I actually think what's happened is I've worn through.
Speaker 3: The sheet has holes in it from holding on from friction.
Speaker 1: I think their friction ship, their friction.
Speaker 5: Knee friction spots.
Speaker 1: They're not me.
Speaker 4: Yes, there that's a pair of knees.
Speaker 5: They're next to each other.
Speaker 1: Why my knees in the middle of the bed someone else's Yeah, yeah, How do you explain that to your mother. Well, that's exactly right. I don't know I need to come up with something to say. You have her in mad No, you literally got it like an hour.
Speaker 2: And a half.
Speaker 5: I know what you can say. You blame the moths.
Speaker 3: Always moths like moths put holes in clothes and sheets all the time.
Speaker 5: So just say you've been sleeping with moths.
Speaker 4: Unless those moths came from the Jurassic error. I don't think that that's gonna fly. What are you gonna say, Laura, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think you could say the moths.
Speaker 1: But can you can you rub through bed sheets?
Speaker 2: Well you have.
Speaker 5: I think you've answered your own questions.
Speaker 2: Okay, Like I mean, I've not ever rubbed through a shame all for.
Speaker 4: You living at home. I have nothing negative to say about it. But there is a line, and that line should be your parents still making your bed like you're twenty nine.
Speaker 5: If you're gonna ruw, grow up, if you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna rub through your straight face, if you're gonna run, I'll say it.
Speaker 5: If you're gonna rub through your bed sheets, Mitch.
Speaker 4: If you're gonna rub another man through your bed shehirts, your mom should not be making your.
Speaker 5: Bed, or at least pull the blanket up so she can't see the evidence. Don't don't scroll, Laura. You don't scroll through someone's phone ever.
Speaker 2: Who are you sorry? I was reading the message giving your mom.
Speaker 7: Laura, don't read through those I was reading private message.
Speaker 4: Rude.
Speaker 2: It's very rude.
Speaker 1: So what should I just say? Just say sorry, guys, moth.
Speaker 5: Just just send the gift.
Speaker 2: Just send a picture of a moth. Can you just like a picture?
Speaker 1: What's the really big moths? Bogone, the giant moth. Yeah, I'll say sorry, Bogone.
Speaker 4: I think you just say you were trying to what you call it, You were trying to remake your bed, and you put your knee through it. You put your knee through the sheet. The sheets they were wearing down, they're old.
Speaker 1: Go the moth.
Speaker 4: And then you can say, moments because I don't know how to make a bed, because you do it, built good idea, blame your mom, gas light.
Speaker 3: Them and say it was dad, or you just say it was already there.
Speaker 2: That was weird.
Speaker 1: Let's go. Thanks for listening, guys. I need to move out of home.