Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh gillion silly Pumpador, Wake up Jeff, how about ff? Jeff, Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one O four point three. Sometimes when I'm in the middle of it, I forget it's a radio show and I'm on the radio. At least I can actually swear fully huh.
Speaker 3: That's that's why are we so antagonistic towards the Wiggles.
Speaker 1: We love that's when there's a new young unknown man taking on the mic of the Wiggles, you've got to whip the crowd up for frenzy click bait. That's the world were living now. Were living in an attention deficit world, so we've got to shout for the little person. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But when there's a new up and coming Australian rock bear and we don't go death to a.
Speaker 1: C d C. But it is at tension grabbing. If that was on a poster, you would notice it win a billboard is back later on this Also on today's show, there will be a full tribute to the amazing Shnade O'Connor. Very very sad news Patsy had it just there a couple of minutes ago about the Parson of Shnead O'Connor. Also on today's show. Then the Goldathon is back tonight. Sad scenes for Ireland, not just with losing Shneade, but actually there was an amazing goal the Women's World Cup right here in Australia from Cape McCabe. Is called an olympico. I've never ever seen one at a World Cup stage. I even googled it and the last World Cup that had an Olympico goal. This is from a corner where it's the player kicking it. It doesn't touch another player, It curls right.
Speaker 3: It is beautiful.
Speaker 1: The last time it was there was the Men's World Cup in the sixties. It has never been one any World Cup in over sixty years. It's an amazing goal. But what's heartbreaking about it is Island are out of the Women's World Cup. They get one of the best goals you've probably seen the tournament. They're out. So Canada looked very very good. Who Australia play Monday? Australia playing Nigeria tonight? The Golathon on the show in the n s mes every time Matilda's get a goal, you win a Prize Big game tonight. Are we all back watching it? Of course, Patsy, I didn't see convincing you.
Speaker 4: You know I did, no totally. As long as it's not too late, Nana has to go after bed, we're given to.
Speaker 1: Move the game forward, you know, Patria Jones, news reader, she's got to go to bed. So we're going to move the whole game forward just a.
Speaker 5: Half Gamely, Sam car is not playing, so it doesn't really matter anymore until Sam's back.
Speaker 4: Rap it up.
Speaker 1: Do you know what if I'm the coaching that team, I'm getting Sam Kerr out there, even if it's a ten to twenty minutes. Is media playing with one of those boots kicking one? She's not gotten advantage.
Speaker 3: She probably kicked the ball further with that move stadium.
Speaker 1: Get into another state. Now today's show, we are looking for your postal stories. Are we not allowed to use the life the one we were using yesterday? We decided to go for a water down version of it. Here we go. That's more like it. All right, Welcome to Today's show aka the World of Posts. Any stories you've got to do about things coming in the post going missing in the post that you've tried to send in the post what fell off the back of a lorry weird things.
Speaker 3: Your postman or post woman has done.
Speaker 1: The way it ended the wheelchair, I didn't control it. No, no, no, no, to slicked this early on maybe after seven, but not not out the gates. No check what like Well they're in the hedge watching it or something a postman. Pat No, you never did that in the TV show.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Maybe instead of riding a bike, they're riding a donkey or something.
Speaker 1: World of post We're just giving you examples. We're just giving you examples. Now. Yesterday, Patsy, you said, we're wondering what happens to the stuff that doesn't get delivered? Yes after you toad us an amazing story about the Dyson doesn't there in the winds.
Speaker 3: It just didn't get delivered to my friend, and Os Poster said, yeah, sorry, we lost that one.
Speaker 1: Patsy thought that they all go into like an auction.
Speaker 4: I thought once a year they have one.
Speaker 1: Patty's one hundred ccent Right, you're kidding me, No, you're right. Patsy. Christian got an email. Heard the show yesterday Patty talk about the auction Patty's right, it goes to auction in Victoria. After a period of time, all unclaimed goods are sent to Abby's Auctions. This is Nicole Marketing meager of Abby's Auctions. The Abby's team sorts it into lots that are then sold to the public. We have to go to one of the patsy online auction. We have unclaimed post auction every two weeks. Go online. Your mate might find his dice. I'm going to jump on board now. Is it cheaper? Abby's Auctions dot com dot au They still have a look on there right now. It's of all of our unclaim post What of post?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: A couple of days ago, which chatter one of you, Mick, a retired posting is trying to put together a book of posty stories. We're trying to help them out by collecting any stories that we might have together that could go into mixed book. So we calling today's show the World of Posts as we are a collection point really for any stories you've got to do with the post. It might be something unusually you tried to send in the post yesterday. I was wondering if you can so I'm pretty sure pretty down sure you can beekeepers send bees to each other in the post, like those very rare world African ones. You can send them international as well. So if anyone's got any information on bees in the post, thanks and playing bees in the post, please contact the show a SAP nine four three. Now no calls so far in the world of posts any kind of stories to do with the post. So I thought to encourage people calling today. Every caller gets on air with a post story gets a free stamp.
Speaker 3: You win a.
Speaker 1: Stamp, yep. I mean, who cares about one hundred thousand dollars on alphabucks on Fox or whatever. You get a free stamp. Suck for everybody you got to come on air to go on there? You mean you gotta have another killer, and I mean another killer because it's gonna be water all killer stories about the post now Rio our producer was despatched yesterday gone buy some stamps. Turns out it's not as by the way, Patsy, how much you think of stamp is now Australia.
Speaker 4: It's pretty outrageous. I'm going to say a dollar, fifty.
Speaker 3: Dollar, twenty.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of money though, is stick.
Speaker 3: I remember when there were forty five cents.
Speaker 1: When we kid. Oh, he probably moments a couple of shillings pantsy.
Speaker 4: A penny, a penny.
Speaker 1: Go down on your penny, father playing with that stick and a hoop in the muddy lane. There is what I've been yesterday when you went to get stamped.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm much younger than all of you, obviously, and so I've never been.
Speaker 1: You say that, it really upsets only one person, not Meal Patsy. Okay, I'm happy where I am. Mister jack poet trying to claim that you're with him, you're not the same age one, dusty one shiny and you can that doesn't want to call you too? Now dusty and shine?
Speaker 3: What do you mean you can tell careful where you're going with that.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying I've never had to go to a stamp and buy them with forty for forty five cents. I'm completely ignorant to the world of stamps, unlike you who's from a different generation obviously, and come on, we got a whole show.
Speaker 1: Ado.
Speaker 3: What I think it is is, as a child, I was a keen letter writer, whereas obviously you were.
Speaker 1: Who are you writing to? I was? I was?
Speaker 3: I remember using yeah to TV shows.
Speaker 4: It's a lost art. Now everyone just emails.
Speaker 1: Not dollars that write the TV shows. Who are you writing to? Dear? But Jack again? Me and the wizards in my bedroom shoes? Were you writing too?
Speaker 3: But there was a kid's show called Cheese TV and I would enter the drawing competitions like draw mister ry Bina to win the Rye beat that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Let's back drawing competitions because you're like kids TV shows in the UK they still always have. There were big eye into the couple, right and drawing competitions. I always just to one of mine got on a big kids TV show right then, Marvin I said it was five and three quarters. I was twelve because they were like tiger like that a lot. We're dealing with an exciting new talent here, and I was sitting actually twelve. I thought if I put five of the quarters age and go, this is actually good for a kids, this is very good.
Speaker 3: You got a photo here of the five year old.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, hell, that's a lot going on there. So anyway, you went to get stamps, shift to see what happens.
Speaker 3: Went to get stemps.
Speaker 1: I didn't know the old man Jack asked you to go old Yeah, was out on a stoop, hey, young scoun.
Speaker 6: So I got in there. I never bought stamps before, so I asked the guy at the front. I was like, do you do you guys still tell stems? Because I wasn't sure still.
Speaker 4: Office.
Speaker 1: You look at time travel in a coma. How do you think letters are received?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 1: I couldn't see any on the l in the air, and like, the government will just deliver them for you're literally aging yourself. If Neil Mitchell hears about this, you do a whole show and there's kids today.
Speaker 6: I couldn't see any stamps on the walls or where they keep all the products. So he said, oh, yeah we.
Speaker 1: Keep Yeah, because you put those stamps in the window. They come get the stamps right there in the window.
Speaker 6: So it brings me to the counter and he goes, oh, so what sort of stamps do you want?
Speaker 1: I was like, stamping stamp face, a normal stamp.
Speaker 3: That is a weird question.
Speaker 1: That mean would you know what that meant?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just a standard stamp.
Speaker 8: He's probably asking, you know, are you seeing a big envelope or a small envelope?
Speaker 4: How many stamps on the size of envelope.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is a six foot envelope. Two it does, does it?
Speaker 4: And wait as well, do you have class?
Speaker 1: So in the UK when the home of the classes in the world, right, that is other first or second class? That's it?
Speaker 3: That's so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And well we used to be a queen set, so I guess it's now an old Charlie boy. So anyway, you're back in.
Speaker 3: The back in the post office, I said, just he was it?
Speaker 1: What time of day?
Speaker 6: Four point fifty? Actually it was dish. Yeah, he wasn't didn't have much time for my question.
Speaker 1: They're not for the chuckles, and they're not in a rush.
Speaker 3: They don't care about a line building up behind you.
Speaker 1: No, could I just ask a question? No judgment here? Average age of that person.
Speaker 6: I would say, and you know I have a good I for age probably sixty seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, average ASIA employee of someone that works on those processes nine hundred and.
Speaker 6: Two's asked him, said I know, just stamps for like a letter, and he goes, yeah, okay, I think I.
Speaker 3: Know what you need. How many do you need?
Speaker 6: And that really rattled me because what's in how many stamps do you put on a letter? What's a normal amount of stamps? I just said, oh, just like, just give me like a normal amount of a stamps.
Speaker 1: Sound as dodgy as hell. I always think this guy is using.
Speaker 3: I can't explain that we're a normal amount.
Speaker 1: What's I mean going into Damn Murphy's. I like some beer, A normal amount, just a normal amount.
Speaker 6: If I tell them the truth is that we're sending stamps out to listeners. Anyway, I just said, give me twenty dollars amount of stamps, and how many are we gone?
Speaker 3: Like eighteen?
Speaker 1: Do you think we're going to get eighteen great stories at the moment?
Speaker 3: Or zero stems left over? Brass? Seriously, these are beautiful stamps. It's got the Australian fairy.
Speaker 4: Wren collection on that different series.
Speaker 3: Yea, the Lovely fairy Wren, the superb fairy.
Speaker 1: Wren, superb fairy Win is a lovely one. It's not the one but the loveliest zill blue and it's our head.
Speaker 3: Exactly correct, Christians. Probably my favorite Wrent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the most colorful out of all the Wren family, I believe.
Speaker 3: Yes, you've got the red back Fairy Rent and the purple crown Fairy Rent.
Speaker 1: On there, whoa bring it all back together? So how do you get one of these amazing stamps? She called us up on the story of anything to do with the post? How many calls you think we're going to get today? This's other sweepstake here about good enough. I've seen emails that came here and say so when I say good enough, let's not aim for even great or even good, just good enough stories about I.
Speaker 3: Think what we warm them up? We all we need sometimes is one great one that the postman was riding a donkey or something like that.
Speaker 1: And today is someone calls in saying about I did send some bees or hornets in the posts? Right? And the other one is like an unusual object that you had to go to the post office and try and send.
Speaker 3: If we get one of those, you will ignite the others and then we'll be batting them away with a stick.
Speaker 1: And then we really will be in the world of boast.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 1: Podcast guys, exciting times the postman is about to knock once from a world of posts. Come on, guys, where were you exciting twenty minutes ago? Post? There we go Today's show Gate said two Postal Stories on nine four one four one four three guys, who's at the door? Lett him in, He's got a delivery, Danny. Good morning, Good day, guys.
Speaker 9: Here are you going.
Speaker 1: We're going to Danny? All right, your personal story, the first customer for World of post What have you got for Danny? What happened?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 10: Picture this driving down spring Vale Road in the center lane, and there's a guy standing on the edge of the road in fluo and it looked like he was going to jump out on the road. So I got my eyes on him, thinking what's this guy gonna do? And next thing you know, the car in front of me swerved and I didn't have time to swerve, and it was his mail bag right in the middle of the road, and I ran over it and there was mail scattered like a ticket tape parade behind me.
Speaker 1: Like blowing up as you the impact like an airbag.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And all I can remember seeing is the post He run out in the middle of the road with both fists in the air. I could see the anger in.
Speaker 1: Some sort of eight Kids TV show.
Speaker 10: I feel sorry for that guy. I felt so bad, but I wasn't going to stop there help him because he wanted to kill me.
Speaker 11: I him.
Speaker 3: I mean, he doesn't care about the mail that much.
Speaker 1: He's not going to go and do life in prison. What are you in for? Someone trying to with my mail bag one day? And I don't stand for that. I saw the life disappeared from his eyes. I don't regret a single thing. You're on a take me away.
Speaker 3: It's like William Nason and Taken. He will find you.
Speaker 1: Danny a certain set of skills. Well, Danny, it's setting us off. He's the stand man you want to stand my friend.
Speaker 7: Thank you very.
Speaker 1: Much, it's a pleasure.
Speaker 2: Well, Christian Connell's show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Time for this week's Naked Hour. We give you the theme, then you pick all the songs. You're picking all the songs every third on the show from seven o'clock to eight.
Speaker 3: Oh, Christian, we've got no songs for the whole hour.
Speaker 12: Oni Nag Nag Nag, Naked Hour, Naked Hour, Oh nig nig nig Naked Hour, Naked Hour.
Speaker 1: All right this week then a whole hour of songs picked by you. Job titles in the song, sorry, jobs in the song title. That's what we're looking for. A nine four one four one oh, four three. It's a song with a job in the title. Patsy, what are you going for?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Well the Abba special was on the teams again last night, so I've chosen the Ebba And when I kissed the teacher, some.
Speaker 1: Things don't hate out after day? Oh come on, well, this is about a girl falling in love with her teacher and fan science about making out with them.
Speaker 4: Not so politically correct now, but back in seventy nine.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was fair game. Chers were in the coverage. Were those kids these days? Woke't? Ha's gone mad?
Speaker 4: Oh bloody hell, I remember it was on that.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a political thing either, lip poles, PC.
Speaker 4: Got don't be dissing my ebb, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Why not? It's just a song content Patsy and I will one of the lines here. You going to tell him my dream on him every night? One of these days, I'm going to show him I care. I'm going to teach him a lesson. All right.
Speaker 4: We've all had a crush and a teacher, haven't we, back in the day.
Speaker 1: Not at my old boys. It's a great different time, Patsy before political greatness, of course.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 4: The original working title for that was Rio de Janeiro.
Speaker 1: Apparently, what's that got to do with In the Teacher.
Speaker 4: I've got no idea.
Speaker 1: Do you know what, guys, PC hasn't come along yet. Let's own it that this did make into the movie, this one is he the teacher? Mamma Mia too, Jackie boy? What are you going for? Then? A song with a job and the title.
Speaker 3: Well, tell me if you think this is a job title, I've gone for God Save the Queen, by the sex pistols, kill a Soul.
Speaker 4: It's totally a job. That's like one of the.
Speaker 1: Most important jobs. I wouldn't say it's one of most important jobs. It's definitely a job. And now obviously our son's got the gig. But it's a family business that you're inheriting, isn't it? And what a business?
Speaker 3: But you could be a Queen of Denmark, a queen of many queens. But you never see it on the drop down menu of an online form when you're looking for your liation.
Speaker 1: You don't know when you when you filling out a passport application, put down king or Queen. I noticed that King Charles is now he's got the gig. He's giving himself a pay Rise. Oh good on him? How is it? What's he amazing? Where you? So I bought the company? You just go pay rise to sad board. He's upped himself from despite the Britain having quite a few problems financially, he's decided that he's he's worth another twenty five million a year.
Speaker 3: But what do they need money for?
Speaker 1: Don't think?
Speaker 3: Isn't it all catered for?
Speaker 1: Prince Andrew? All right, so here's the one I've got. I mean, Patsy, You're right, you know, I'm a member of the Royal Fathnic. One of the most important jobs ever, but not as important as being a cowboy lacker.
Speaker 2: Every day.
Speaker 1: I wonder I'm going to get the call up to be a cowboys? Why really moved into Australia? What a job to be a cowboy? All right? So we're looking for your song, Sole. This would be a great one to come out of seven withere that will wake r Boss up if we played that today.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Tim McGrath, Christian, why don't you play Gangster's Paradise Coolier?
Speaker 3: Technically yes, technically is a job.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure whomen get complaints and making it aspirational. And it's a good song as well. Tim not to feel good. Yeah, doctor, well we're not the feel but yet it's a professional feel like it. Let's go correat this creat ruin that whole game Wich eat linesman, John, great song by Glenn Campbell. All right, let's go to the lines. Take some of your songs and songs are the job in the title? Who We've got here? Nigel? Good morning, Good morning, Good on, Nigel. I hope you Well, what's the song we've got to play? Then with a job in the title?
Speaker 9: Oh, well, then you gotta play Van Hale I'll have the teacher.
Speaker 1: Oh we got double a side for Patsy. Oh yeah, like a lot of Van Halen songs. Light on the lyrics, great guitar to eleven. Yeah, Nigel, thank you very much. Ya call. Let's get to Alfie here. Good morning, Alfie.
Speaker 7: Are you a Christians?
Speaker 1: I'm good Alfie and hope you were having a good week. It's not bad.
Speaker 9: It's getting better tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeay, weekends almost here. And what can we play for you? Then a song with a job in the title.
Speaker 9: Alfie rocket Man now and John?
Speaker 1: All right, rocket Man it's a great job, Alfie. That's a great one. We might stick that ontil the next hour. Alfie, have a great day. Thanks for calling, love the show. Thank you very much, mate, Matt, good morning.
Speaker 11: Hey guys.
Speaker 1: All right, so job and the song what do you reckon?
Speaker 12: Duran?
Speaker 10: Duran girls on film? It's still a job, so I sort of thought.
Speaker 1: An actress Barbie Margot Robbie. Absolutely. I mean, I'm not sure that's what the intention of this, so I haven't.
Speaker 7: Seen a video that's not the intention I had either.
Speaker 1: This is not going the way. An't be honest that the person that drove us inside Petrina Jones. Yeah, yeah, all right, Matt. Let's go to Mark here. Good morning, Mark, ye morning team.
Speaker 7: A song I was lucky enough to see before live last year.
Speaker 9: Thompson Twins, Doctor Doctor.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they were over here. I think they did the Palais, didn't they It.
Speaker 13: Got moved from the palais to a more intimate venue.
Speaker 1: I thought, I was telling you guy, you got moved them back to the mcg night the Thompson Twins.
Speaker 3: So how intimate is intimate?
Speaker 1: It was at Mark's house they played his deck.
Speaker 10: Can't remember it was I think the north such a.
Speaker 1: Do you think they told them at the airport? Can we go at the palais? The acoustics were ship house there we canceled, canceled it horrible More get around your fans and stuff like that. We should do a phone in your bought tickets to see them? Where and where do you actually go and see them? Mark, let's got what you go for? Doctor doctor, doctor doctor exactly. He's a great eighty song live in northcolk for one night only. I love it, Mark, very funny mate. Thank you very much for giving us a chuck him on the cor Mark. Have a good day, have a good one, Paul, Good morning.
Speaker 9: Goodod morning, Paul.
Speaker 1: What's a great song?
Speaker 10: Well it's a classic and technically a job but you can't go past the game. But by Kenny Rogers you got.
Speaker 1: Listen Jane Campbell, Limestone Cowboy a Corey double Blade. This is a good song.
Speaker 10: You neve.
Speaker 1: When the table we're going to the whole song, are we too? You got a short clipp of Thompson Twins live at the Northcote Social. Paul, that's a great one. Thank you Carl and Brier.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Christian o Carl Show podcast You Live.
Speaker 12: When you're sitting table.
Speaker 1: It's a song and it is a profound life lesson as well. Kenny Rogers the Gambler, kicking off this week's Naked Out Songs of Jobs. In the title, Jack and I were so engrossed in the ongoing story that unfolds like a great hand of cards in that thing, we actually suddenly the interviewent, actually what we're doing here. We're so busy. I hope you were the same way. You're confused about where you are on your day now, because that song draws you in.
Speaker 3: I never listened to it so close that I didn't realize the Gambler he's sitting opposite. Is he suggesting he goes to sleep and he dies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because there's a line. There's a line in there, because every hands a winner and every hands a loser, and the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep. Good morning, Melbourne, they kids on the scoren Good morning.
Speaker 3: So he says that to Kenny Rodgers presably, then puts out the cigarette and goes to sleep and dies.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Kenny goes my drop, haveing a bloody number one about this Today show. We're getting excited about the Matilda's. They're back in action tonight. Between the goal of on is back tonight. Every time they score, please score Matilda tonight. They've had some more injuries. What the hell is going on at the training but the Matildas is so extreme They've got concussion there. Somebody's house is out. Mary Fowler is out for tonight as well. Keep player amazing player Concuster training two days ago, who was in charge of training there.
Speaker 3: We're getting dangerously close to the point where we can't field a soccer team anymore.
Speaker 1: Soon. Be asking us to do a shout out for possible players. Anyone who's to a rock up to take on Nigeria tonight. So Matilda's are back in action tonight. So the goal of on us here with ianis where every goal in the Matida score you win a prize.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: World of Posts. We keep the faith going, guys for the World of Posts. Yes, any postal stories nine four one four one O four three, lordy, lordie, look at this? Is it a be in the post story? You build it, they will come Kate high.
Speaker 7: My dad used to re save base through the post.
Speaker 1: Yes, I knew this was a real thing. So was he a beekeeper honeymaker? He was.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately he's no longer with us, but that's okay.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 7: They used to come in like a little wooden box and there was a queen bee and about half a dozen worker bee yep.
Speaker 1: And she turned out with her crew. There's always up a trader is in there. There's the big boss. They got a couple of young apprentices, ye two.
Speaker 7: I've had to have a minions, and they were sort of like this waxy sugary food that was in it.
Speaker 1: Honey is comedy owners yep, yep.
Speaker 7: And then he would actually put the little box in the bee hive and they'd eat through the food and come out and there'd be a new queen in the hive.
Speaker 1: Incredible.
Speaker 3: And you know what they do to the old queen. They suffocate her. They do all the drone bee. When they decided to have a new queen, they go to the old queen and they they stampedo and suffocato squisha.
Speaker 1: I did not know that was the ending. Yep.
Speaker 3: That's what you get, hey, for so many years of service preference.
Speaker 1: You see Huggy one day throw me to ground and lyle me. No, it's my time, guys. Kate, incredible scenes. You want to stand world of post. Kate, thank you very much, your story mate.
Speaker 7: Have a good day, no problem, guys, and thank you for the show.
Speaker 1: Oh bless you. Hopefully just tuned in. You didn't need a bit five minutes ago. No one's thanking us, Kate. Dean's on the line. Good morning, Dean, Yan Oh sorry, excuse me, Deane.
Speaker 7: Hello, everyone does it?
Speaker 1: It's so sorry, Dane, so sorry. I don't want to be one of everyone, Danne. What a terrible show today, Deanne. It well started with that whose story listen? Dan, world have post?
Speaker 13: Yes, okay, so my hovey's been a post for twenty nine years. This happened I don't know, fifteen twenty years ago. Who is based at very Side and here's a man made lake that surrounds in the middle of some of the shops there. He's, you know, he zipping around New Round, didn't know exactly where he was, and he kind of misjudged the step and ended up in the lake.
Speaker 7: He saw the mail floating everywhere. Shrunk the bike, completely shunk the bike.
Speaker 1: Penny Hill sketch.
Speaker 13: Yes, but the funny thing was that there was a Salvos stare there. So we said the Salvos really do come to your maid because the Paul Loves come out and helped him.
Speaker 1: He got rescued by the Clounteers.
Speaker 3: Does he continue sending the mail out or where.
Speaker 1: Get the hair dries out that they've been donated at the Salvo to try it all the post?
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, something like that. They they yeah, they got most of the mail out and the bike and resurrected the bike and he rode it for years after while he was still there.
Speaker 1: That's a good ending. Thank god that bike was all right in this because we got complaints otherwise.
Speaker 13: Uh, and he retrieved his phone. While it's all cool, but it was just and it was the crappiest day.
Speaker 1: You said.
Speaker 13: The bike was slippery, everything was going wrong, and that just stopped it.
Speaker 7: Absolutely.
Speaker 13: That was just the end of his day.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for giving us a cool and sharing that this morning.
Speaker 13: Thank you very much. I love your show.
Speaker 1: I don't know you want to free stampers.
Speaker 13: Cool, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: You get bonus stamps all the time.
Speaker 13: We don't get a damn thing.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: There you go, there you look out the boast. You get a stamp from us, it's yours.
Speaker 7: Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Kevin.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Kevin, oh, good morning the Christians and the same awesome show.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, things posted through.
Speaker 14: On our on our.
Speaker 10: Hobby sicken breeder, and I've had the eggs posted.
Speaker 1: Through the post. Ye you've ordered them, haven't you. It's not just like you know, you're order them online or something or dark were.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, no, you bought it.
Speaker 7: They're not the dark word.
Speaker 1: But anyway, but I do order eggs through the post.
Speaker 10: So eggs I don't actually I'm not for meted to hold a corporal, for example, so I can't actually breed the chicken.
Speaker 7: So you get for a tire legs posted?
Speaker 3: What did you do to get from holding what you went out to?
Speaker 1: You there, Kevin't that coop? Don't ask him what happened earlier. We don't want any anymore rough city buggers. So okay, so yeah they're already there. They're already fertilized these eggs in the post.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yes, yeah, they fertalized the eggs.
Speaker 9: They're rapped, tafully wrapped and packaged, and they turn up ready for incubator and for breeding.
Speaker 3: Yeah there you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how many got the moment in the old coop?
Speaker 10: Oh only got four in there at the moment.
Speaker 1: But a couple of corporals. All right, you've got a corporal. No corporals, no no, no, no, no no no pass has we got about twenty in the moment around the front.
Speaker 3: Actually order them through the post.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kevin, thank you very much. You calm. I have a good day. The team will just give me this. By the way, guys, toys better to have it afterwards.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, lines are opening up now. The billboards of Melbourne are yours. We have control of all the billboards in Melbourne. What message would you like on the big billboards? Sore on the Pee and Bolty, Princess Freeway, sell Of Freeway and the Monash Freeway. We can change them within minutes to put your message up there. At the moment, We've got a great one yesterday from five bucks schmuck.
Speaker 3: Yes, five bucks schmuck. Everything is five dollars every day seven one nine High Street, Thornberry.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We try to speak them yesterday. Workout what's the long term business model with this thank you because they're like coffee spurgets all there, but trying to work out how do you make Ken's meet.
Speaker 3: And him and his friends started the cafe because cost of living pressures. Yeah, everybody, wouldn't it be nice to just a lovely, generous, big hearted thing on a past Yeah? Sure, but how are you guys going to keep going day after dath?
Speaker 1: We're worried about five Maybe that's my message today, guys think through this whole five bucks we were saying, I.
Speaker 3: Think all the ingredients that go into it we get alone. Yes, would be five dollars. Despite then you've got the cost of the rental.
Speaker 1: For the reckon. They're secret millionaires. That's why they're doing this all right, So brand new message. What would you love up there? Lines are open now winn a billboard you can win it to the next half an.
Speaker 2: Hour Christian connell's show podcast Do You Dran?
Speaker 1: Girls on Film twenty to eight. Winn a Billboard is here every day over the next two weeks on the Christian O'Connell's show. We're giving you your message on the billboards of Melbourne. You can see them today on the n Appean Highway. The bolty Bridge, Princess Freeway, Tuller Freeway and Monash. Whatever your message is, we can get up there within minutes. Jack adds the magic laptop, the current one we got yesterday. Farm the guys who have a little business in Thornbury. Five buck schmuck reads at the moment.
Speaker 3: Five buck schmuck. Everything is five dollars every day. Seven one nine High Street, Thornberry. All right, so we need a new message nine four one four one oh four three. What would you love it to say?
Speaker 1: Rebecca? Yes, Rebecca, welcome to the show. What would you love the billboards to say this morning?
Speaker 7: I'd love to embarrass my daughter?
Speaker 1: Perfect use of them, perfect use of them. And how do you embarrass her? What she been doing?
Speaker 7: Well, she just got into aviation, so she's studying to be a pilot.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 7: It's just because she thought it was cool, which just blows my mind. And she had her first flight on Monday.
Speaker 1: And what's solo flight or with a trainer or with the trainer?
Speaker 7: They have to be with a trainer for the first five flights, I think it is, and then they're on their own.
Speaker 3: That doesn't feel like that many, does it? Five flights with the trainer.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, there's a lot more with your hour is with a supervisor car twenty hours after do my daughter?
Speaker 7: I think it's the trainer doesn't actually really do much while they're in the plane. I'm not sure. She said a whole bunch of things to me, which I think are absolutely amazing, but is so over my head because she sounds so smart.
Speaker 1: Well, you must be very proud. So I'm tohing g at a bit where you want to embarrass her. What do you want to do with the billboards.
Speaker 7: Well, it's my job to embarrass my daughter, and I only get a certain amount of embarrassment as she gets older, So I have suggestions of putting something on the plane, on the plane, on the billboard. She did say to me when she flew bro I flew a plane like, I'm like, okay, cool, you flow a Planet's amazing, So I would like to see maybe excuse me, pilot, Well that's a flex proud of you, congratulations this little miss on your first flight. Things are really taking off. You know, Honey, might have.
Speaker 1: Been too much going on that for for a billboard. I mean, we'd have to have a bit of it on the Nepean one some more on the Boldy than the payoff on the Princess or yeah, if there's anything punch your or.
Speaker 7: Just like I've got you know, we're proud, we know you're embarrassed. Suck it up.
Speaker 1: I'm going to own that embarrassment thing, aren't you?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yeah? Or flight one down? Look at you being a pilot. And she's just we're just so proud of her and her grandfather. Her poppy thinks she's the next top gun.
Speaker 4: So can I make a suggestion?
Speaker 1: Please do? What about?
Speaker 4: What about something like spread your wings and fly? That's inspirational.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's incredible what she's done.
Speaker 7: I can't believe it. She just went from going she just went from doing getting her peas in January to I am playing in July.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazing.
Speaker 7: It's just it's too quick.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Rebecca, listen, we get a lot of cools at the moments, so it might be your one nine four one four one oh four three? What would you want the billboard to say?
Speaker 2: This is the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 1: We're living crazy times this time last week we haven't got any money for the Conworth Games. Today the news is we've just brought one hundred and twenty tanks. Are children running the country? How many javelins a tank? Crunch over these javelins, fire javelins to the end my tank and breathe. All right, your message, whatever you wanted to say, in minutes, we can put it on the billboards of Melbourne this morning or nine four one four one o four three. When a billboard is here, probably won't spice. So now we won't be going down the road that Rebecca trying to take us down. Darren, Good morning, Darren, good morning.
Speaker 10: Here we go on.
Speaker 1: I'm good Darren. So Darren, what would you love the billboard to say? How can we help you? Darren?
Speaker 9: Well, all from a small country tear called gold. We got a little country biscuit place here makes some beautiful biscuits and we're trying to build a large cooker barrough and we need funding to help us.
Speaker 1: I love it straight away, I mean now, you know, I mean Donald, I think I've saw a signpost out of that when I was in Horsham a couple of weeks ago. You're out that way, aren't you.
Speaker 9: That's it Donald Duck country used to be, But now they've changed.
Speaker 1: It a cooker bar that's it.
Speaker 3: And what did the biscuits have to do with the giant cooker barrow? You sort of rolled that sentence into they have nothing to do with each.
Speaker 9: Other as Donald Country Cookers are the name of the biscuit company, I see, okay, to raise money for tourism in the in the in the country large cookobar exactly.
Speaker 1: And you know what, there's so many oversized large things all over Australia. A giant cook bra is going to put Donald on the mass it is it is.
Speaker 9: We're getting. Will will give it a cig as well a snake?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, one thing at a time. They didn't build a big apple next to the big banana.
Speaker 1: Adam and Eves theme Park, the giant sneak, the giant apple jack put all together in Donald.
Speaker 3: Darren didn't have any idea how much it costs to cook build a big cooker bar.
Speaker 1: Any idea? Say who gave you that quote? Always get a couple of quotes from these trades. Never trust the first one for giant crooker.
Speaker 9: But a panel, Yeah he's garden for us.
Speaker 7: Oh k.
Speaker 9: Five meters high, fifty.
Speaker 1: Ten thousand meter Yeah, okay, all right, So how much have you raised so far for old mister.
Speaker 9: Panel have either got a bit king van.
Speaker 1: Or so that's a lot more than I thought. You're already ten thousand.
Speaker 9: In Yeah, I reckon about that when.
Speaker 1: You say you you reckon sort of Well, I'm just reckon.
Speaker 10: They're doing a good thing, So I'm just rigging you.
Speaker 1: No, definitely, we're right behind this. We are right behind That's okay, Darren, you're like the mayor of Donald Oh.
Speaker 9: University.
Speaker 1: You're a boy. I like it, Darren of Donald DoD DoD. We're behind it, right, Okay. So we've got to put the sort of billboard. Yeah all right, So did you have anything that the copy we called it? What you put up there? Any idea of what you wanted to say, like help us build a giant cooker? Barrough? Yeah, gets you straight a hard, doesn't it? From the people of Donald.
Speaker 9: From the approval of Donald, thank you.
Speaker 3: I think make it more exciting, like wouldn't you love to see a giant cooker?
Speaker 1: Barrough? Question my question mark?
Speaker 3: Question mark do three come to Donald?
Speaker 1: We just need forty k just for k. But yeah, yeah, so you like what we're putting together at the moment, the mayor of Donald.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: It's a big cook yeah that it is a big problem that it is. How many people do you reckon live in Donald? The must only be a couple of hundred small little places like that seventy dog it okay, So Jackie boy, let's try and let's try and put something together here up there. But Donald and the good people. Look, no, no, it's a Darren of Donald. It's Donald of Darren.
Speaker 3: We're like, what about wouldn't you love Darren?
Speaker 1: You? How about we build you a little room in the house inside that cooker bone you live in it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll laugh all the way to the baby.
Speaker 1: I'm scared, all right, Darren of Donald. All right, jack let's help our customer out here. Let's get this up there. Let's people get that honey pouring in that panel. Beats has listened, lest that forty k is coming, sir, Oh wouldn't you love to see? Sorry?
Speaker 10: Yeah no, I'll just got what else we do?
Speaker 9: Just put the last couple of our home and see it.
Speaker 1: Disney just put up that, you know, magic Kingdom.
Speaker 3: People say it feels like an episode of Madmen the way you are.
Speaker 1: Sorryvertising genius genius genius ahead of his sign. Yeah, all right, So Jack, what have you got so far?
Speaker 3: Would you love to see a giant Crooker Barrough? Question mark? Question mark? Donald is building one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then in small print cash needed, Yeah we.
Speaker 9: Have Donald big cougars.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Where where can we? Is there a fund page or something that we can donate the.
Speaker 1: Money straight that panel beaters accounts be there's a funny page for uh the Cooker bo Country Attractions.
Speaker 9: Large Crocker Barrough. I think it is dot com Country Attractions, Large Country Attractions, Large Crooker Barrough.
Speaker 1: But that's a lot to put on there on these billboards. Every word count, so maybe just maybe it's just an awareness campaign.
Speaker 9: Yes, country Cougars, Sun Country Cooglar gonna do?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think I don't think that means anything that somebody driving down the mind the pen Highway.
Speaker 1: Not even sure Donald, I'm still right, cash.
Speaker 3: Needed at the borough need so that if any yeah, millionaires.
Speaker 1: Driving down that mons or Tuller, the spare of forty k give to a bill be to the builder, Cooker Brol Yeah, Australia help or the Cooker Borough gotcha? All right? This is what?
Speaker 3: Okay, if you're happy with this.
Speaker 1: And haven't listen to this is up, Daz.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't you love to see a giant koker barrough question mark? Question mark?
Speaker 1: Yes, I would. I'm a millionaire.
Speaker 3: Donald Victoria is building one. Is he cash needed?
Speaker 1: That's it? Yeah? No, No, that's as good as we're going to get. You're happy with that? Down to Donald?
Speaker 9: Okay, they love you, love you, love you all.
Speaker 1: Thank you, dar and we love you all too.
Speaker 3: Of the billboard.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, we'll put it up in the next couple of minutes. Okay, fingers crossed, thank you, thank you, jeers darn bye bye. What an hour cal a brighter.
Speaker 2: Now you're listening to the Christian o'carl show podcast.
Speaker 1: Very Sad News Today about the great Nade O'Connor and when they talk about people that were born ahead of their time, Snead O'Connor will be known as one of those. When I think of shneada' connor, I think back to nineteen ninety two when she was on Saturday Night Live from the cusp of becoming a worldwide megasar. They're not many artists I know they would actually do what she did next. She knew what she was doing and how it would have. Really, what it did do was kind of like burn a lot of her career to the ground. She tore up a picture of the Pope live on Saturday Night Live. It wasn't a publicity stunt. It was actually to try and give our voice to the voices many many victims and lives being rude by abuse in the Catholic Church in Ireland, and the church we're not even acknowledging it. So she tore up a picture. I remember on Saturday Ight Live in nineteen ninety two. What happened next. You can imagine this is NBC Prime Time, this is the peak of the powers of Saturday Live. And there was a huge backlash. I remember there was like Frank Sinatra is on TV the next day having a go at Shnad O'Connor. Prince had a massive go despite he sung it a spite she took on his song which we're about to play, the isolated vocal. There aren't many many people did that. She had a very, very troubled childhood. The only reason I bring that upright is because actually I think it's out the pain of the child and it also gave this amazing voice that she had. It's very very franchile, but it's very very powerful as well. How I listened to this then we used to a thing called the isolated vocal, where we was stripped back all the instruments and you're left with somehow something which is more than the instruments. It's the power of the human voice. It's actually the soul in someone's voice coming through them. That's what Sneade O'Connor had, so the big hit. Everyone talks about it. You think about the video on MTV as well. Is nothing compares to you written by Prince, but she owned it way more than him. Have a listen to this. This is an isolated vocal of just Shanade singing that song from the early nineties. Listen to the power and the pain in her voice.
Speaker 15: It's save aout and fifty days.
Speaker 4: She took your way.
Speaker 15: I gone every night, fancy food day, she took your love.
Speaker 4: Since you've been gone.
Speaker 2: I can do ever.
Speaker 15: I could see who matter choice. I could eat my dinner in a fancy rest. But nothing I said, nothing cantain.
Speaker 1: A woo.
Speaker 15: Cause nohing combess, nothing.
Speaker 1: Compass the great shnadea' connor. Nothing compares to you. Christian O'Connell's show. Yesterday, my wife finally came back home. She's been She stayed behind the ne u K to go to a family wedding. So I haven't seen my wife in ten days and it has been me and my daughters. And the thing that my wife was really looking forward to being reunited with yesterday wasn't so much me kids. Yeah, it was more this kitchen reno we've been having done the City of Renaults. Finally feel like I'm probably Australian. Now. Forget about the passport I got a couple of months ago. It's sort of about I've got a reno. I'm really one of you guys. Now, I've got a reno going on. It's over budget, it's been really complicated reno. So anyway, my wife was super excited about seeing this revamped kitchen for the first time. So I've you know, even though it's like ninety percent there, so we've still been I've been using it. Okay, so we're talking about brand new ovens, Patsy two, brand new sort of steel sinks, and obviously it's one thing seeing the kitchen brand new, unused. That's the best you're ever going to see it. Yes, because once you use a kitchen, these are working kitchens. And over the last nine days, I've been using the ovens, using the sinks. I've been cooking every meal time for my daughters, doing family stuff, enjoying the new kitchen. What I just cut to the chase, I've ruined the sink. Oh no, she didn't even hug me. I came with the door it. Guess who's back. She points at the gougers in the sink. There's no hugging. My six year old goes, I'm going out to my bedroom.
Speaker 3: Eagle eyes.
Speaker 4: It's nothing.
Speaker 1: When people ask me, what's my Sarah, my wife, like, I say, semi mythical eyes of a hawk, like a young kid had coming from school. You know, I've been scuffing his shoes. And once I went this and these are the exact words, it's scarred for life. I went, Oh, they did look really bad. I mean, I've got to be I had to notice them because it's a working sink. Guys, it's a working sink. And what I've done is i'd used the brand new one for the first time, and i'd you know, those bacon trays, they're are nightmare to get clean, aren't they? And when they're brand new, you look at them, they're all shiny and gleaming. And again I wish my wife could have seen what they look like, because it doesn't look like that now. Because I tried to cook a new meal, parmesan roasted potatoes, and because we'd had to move everything in the kitchen for the reno, I didn't know where the partswing paper was. We didn't use anything use baking paper, we didn't. I couldn't find it.
Speaker 3: Potatoes and cheese straight onto the.
Speaker 1: It was basically like I'd welded it to it. I then obviously had to get some sort of fish slice cracking ice, so more scars in goalgy on these mint conditions.
Speaker 3: Try like even the spray can would have done.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't enough. This oven's got something called four D heat.
Speaker 4: Oh what's four D heat?
Speaker 1: I've got no idea, but I love turning it on. I'm like, watch out potatoes and the parmeers, and you're getting four D right now. Anyway, it newts these stuff. It was coner. Now, how many des is your having got? I'm handling a four D oven?
Speaker 3: So what did you serve for dinner.
Speaker 1: Robert and s told me this thing. So it's the future of ovens, and I'm thinking ovens and oven shorty, it's just a temperature. What's a fort d oven? But anyway, I brought this thing because it's the future of ovens. So anyway, it's all like it's so I get the bacon tray out and I put it in these brand new sinks and obviously those they got sharp, very sharp metanic. It just obviously slammed it in, and I'm trying to clean this thing and turning it sideways and go. This stuff's Tony kind of already lean into this to get it off, and it's gouging the bottle of this brand new and my poor flies to Johnny one hours and can't wait to see my kitchen, planning for months picking out all the bits, the swatches for this, the marble for that.
Speaker 3: It's like the vision you see viral videos of soldiers coming home from war and seeing their kids for the first time again. Before Sarah, it's her in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: This reunion video would have gone viral for the wrong reason. There was no hugger, and there was pointing at the sink. The gougers and then opening up of the oven. She hasn't done that yet. When she does today, there's a whole note and another world of pain coming to whole dimensions of forty of pain is what I'm I might be moving up to Donald for a couple of days just to let this die down. Anyway, I want other bo wou come out and simply this morning, what did you ruin? Within days of having it? Nine one oh four three? And if there is anyone who works in the area of stainless still, can you get those gouges out? Are they really there? For life?
Speaker 2: The Christian O Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: What did you all star ruined with? Then? Moments are getting it? It's gonna Ash, Good morning, Ash, Good morning guys.
Speaker 11: How are you guys on this wonderful on Saturday morning?
Speaker 1: What is a beautiful the sun's out, springs coming? It's great, Ash. What's your story for us?
Speaker 7: What happened?
Speaker 11: I was just playing on my new eyepad. I downloaded Harry Potter, the Great New Harry Potter game for Harry put in ned and I did not have the protective cover on it, and my iPad smashed.
Speaker 1: Oh no, playing Quidditch with it.
Speaker 11: I was not playing quiddiche.
Speaker 7: I was trying to defeat Harry.
Speaker 3: Wait, you defeat you gotta go against Harry Potter.
Speaker 1: That's not very nice. If you're a Potter fan, why try and beat him.
Speaker 7: Because I'm slithering. I don't like broken doors?
Speaker 1: Oh got ya? Yeah, Jack's one of those. Yeah, he's always going to be slithering there, slytherin that.
Speaker 3: I actually wonder what each house we would be in.
Speaker 1: Passy's slithering yet.
Speaker 11: In raping Core, I can see Patty in halfle pup and Jack Hougar No, I'm.
Speaker 1: All the way. That's what would say the devil. All right, Ash, thank you very much, your story mate, have a good day.
Speaker 7: Thank you guys, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Now she wasn't playing quidditch. Lisa by Lisa.
Speaker 14: I am actually I work for a concrete company and I was giving a brand thanking new truck. And I was at a job delivering some concrete and the hydraulic hose and first of it, and I had five meters of concrete. But the set in the back of the barrel.
Speaker 1: That is a big paw.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I ruined it.
Speaker 3: Can you just keep that barrel moving around?
Speaker 14: Because the hydraulics actually what makes the barrel move and when they're blowing off hydrolley oil up over the top of the cabin of the truck. No, you cannot use it.
Speaker 1: So what did it's set. It's set like a jelly.
Speaker 7: No, it's set like.
Speaker 14: As if you had laid it and you could walk on it in a week.
Speaker 3: So did they have to get rid of the whole truck.
Speaker 14: No, they actually take it in and they get these guys to climb inside it, and they take these jackhammers in and they actually have to hammer it all out.
Speaker 1: This is how they got hand Solo out when they frozen in carbonite. They go to some trade.
Speaker 14: Quite big, you could stand up in them. But they're they're very dangerous. But these guys don't for a living.
Speaker 1: So how many concrete a week? That that's some one's job.
Speaker 3: The phone is ringing off.
Speaker 1: Jackhammers are us Hello, Jim's jackhammers? Lisa, what seems great story?
Speaker 13: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 7: It was not good.
Speaker 1: It was not good.
Speaker 14: It was It was very disappointing because the trucks worth half a million dollars.
Speaker 1: So wow, well, Lisa, you are our instant of the week. Yeah, we love a jack Hammer story on this show. You instant thousand dollars in cash. No, you really made us laugh. You told your story very very well, which is the first for today. That's why I want to give you a thousand dollars of my own money. To be honest, it's been one of those. Lisa, congratulations and you're a cooler week, really really funny story. Thank you very much, Thank you very much, Thank you so thanks to Mercedes Ben Sperrett, the all new g Helse has arrived at Mercedes Ben's brick book your test drive today. Thank you very much. Lisa headlines on the Way Christian Connell's show podcast, What a time to be alive. Guys trying to get funding the little town of Donald for a giant cuoko. But just had a text. Although we moved on that it is the billboard message. At the moment, Christian, I'm trying to get a hold of you to talk about the big kooka butter. I am the instigator of this. WowWee the big cheese stand by your phone? What we call him? We need to know more details, all right? Do you know Darren by the way or a head of marketing. We spoke to him a while ago. You're in safe hands there. Today is National Anger Management Day. We're looking for your moody movie today, Moody movies best in show. You win a two hundred and fifty dollars Uniclo Winter Clothing back Stay Warm with uniclose range of high quality everyday clothing, heat check and ultraline down items aren't designed to keep you warm even on the coldest the mornings. Shopping store online at uniclothed dot com. All Right, movies, Good Morning Vietnam was a real That's an upbeat movie. That's a great movie. Huh, good morning, It's three a's w's Neil Minchell.
Speaker 16: Hered, Moody's stand done.
Speaker 1: Now you've got hate mail, Silver, the furious face of Benjamin. Look who's not talking? Angry little baby, Gold, Jaguary, I'm acting, Notice Jack, Who've got moody movies?
Speaker 3: Grouchy Tiger, Hidden Dragon acting, Oh, I hate being a tiger, Silver, Diary of a wingy kid, Stark.
Speaker 1: Gold Horden.
Speaker 3: He is a huve.
Speaker 1: That actually is a very good radio production. So one man play. We're going from a chain today.
Speaker 3: Gold and Debbie Downer does Dallas.
Speaker 1: No, it's aggressive Debbie that on the shove shows.
Speaker 3: I said, Debbie Downer.
Speaker 1: Noo, she's a downer. She's been forced to do downers.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: We're looking for your moody movies. Make a movie moody best and show wins two hundred and fifty dollars worth of Unico winter clothing. All right, were you ready to get moody?
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Let's see where they got moody movies? Really mad Max, Oh Bronze, am I Andrew the Incredible Soak. That's a good one.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's a funny one. We on Simon Forrest Grumpy Silver Do you remember what's that audio? Was it? Chohny Depp dropped a excuse me, you're on a grumpy hushback twenty twenty one In Court Menosteric Gloats, Bronz Stroppenheimer plus Very topic Ow Hot Out of the Oven, The Hunt for the Rude October Zero, Squeary Submarine, Well done, Anthony Juice, Bigelow, Temperamental Giglow.
Speaker 16: Silver plus so Mark you mean moody gold Shinsey are well done? Drive your South mus Daisy Gold that's Edward middle Finger, Ben Foster well done. Missus Harris hates Paris Gold, hate.
Speaker 1: Mile Eminem big Mamas, get out my house Silver. When Harry left Sally Bronze, the post one always rings twice and he kicks the door in dal men A pause, it goats gold. We'll not saying anything open whiner Gold. Oh these are so good too, Oppenheimer ones Amy throw happiness from the train, Silva. That's some nine year old Lewis. Apparently seven year old sister said it's too dark. Billy saddisonson cry little pony Silver, Honey, I confiscated the teenager's iPhones.
Speaker 5: Bronze man, Jesus Christ, I like that, Nathan, that's good many ster a interest rates silver.
Speaker 1: All right, who's winning the big prize? Two hundred and fifty dollars worth of Uniclo winter clothing.
Speaker 3: Let's give it to Stroppenheimer.
Speaker 1: Well done.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: The Goal of On is back because the Matilda's are back in action slight of the Women's World Cup playing in Brisbane tonight. One now to put Australia and train all the light turtors. When there Matilda's store a goal you win some funky stuff miristern O'Connell's goal ath. We love it when they score a goal. When Matilda store rock goal wind cool stuff. Yes, all right, the plaint tonight the Matildas. All they need to do is win against night you tonight and they are out of this group. They've got Canada went from her be Island to one. All they have to do is win tonight. I say, all they have to do. There's only about three of them playing off for these injuries. Headline I saw on the newspaper day injury mayhem. I love the one mayhem in the news injury mayhem. Stop them training? What are you doing, Matildas circus tricks? So the plane Nigeria tonight? What have youse? Email me said, listened to us talk about the goal of on tonight, trying to help us predict what's going to happen. They put it into chat GPT three one to Matilda's according to AI, and.
Speaker 3: That would mean free cordless bosh vacuuming is to give away tomorrow.
Speaker 1: The AI has spoken. So every goal the girls get tonight, you win a cordless bosh tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right. It includes one uphostere nozzle one crevice nozzle, one mattress nozzle, one four nozzle and of course the shoulder strap.
Speaker 1: Get your nozzle on tomorrow with the mathildas. That did not sound good, all right? So before we go an hour ago we spoke to a visionary. I guess you would say that's not like that, as he would always be knowing Darren of Donald and we were doing win a billboard where we're giving away the billboards of Melbourne at the moment. You can have your message on the billboards within minutes once we take it down. So he just wanted to raise money about forty thousand dollars to build a This is many townsds that have benefited from oversized giant things. Trailer loves a big thing, does and Donald he wants to put on the place about fifteen hundred people lived there. He wants to get the money together. Fifty thousand. I mean, get on shark tank, I say, Darren, he wants fifty thousand. They've got ten thousand ready to build a giant cooker barrough.
Speaker 3: So the billboard at the moment reads, wouldn't you love to see a giantkooker bough? Question mark? Question mark? Donald Victoria is building one cash needed and then our website Christian o'connellshow dot com dot au where you can click through to the GoFundMe.
Speaker 1: Because that's gonna be stampede today. But yeah, let's saying for that now. Darren, like a lot of people, a lot of these visionaries, very excitable and maybe not everything was bang on sort of what he was talking about. So someone else who is involved in this has heard about Darren cording up about the giant cook Bra and we've got Jody on the line who texts him saying she's the instigator of the Mega cooker Bra. Jody, how are you. We're good, very excited about the plans to put Donald on the map with a giant cookera.
Speaker 7: Yes, it is very exciting, and I thought it would be good to put a few of the one story straight mm so the crooko bar of fifty meters, it's not going to be fifty meters, but it's going to be a huge five meters.
Speaker 1: Yep, Yeah, I think we Darren of Donald, he did say five me, isn't we?
Speaker 7: Oh he did? Did he? Oh that's all right.
Speaker 1: I haven't defend. He doesn't need defending. He's not do anything wrong. But he also mentioned how there was a panel beater that will be constructing this thing.
Speaker 7: Well, no, it's an artist that does sculptures and he lives up an hour inland from Newcastle, up in New South Wales. So I tracked him down from a sculpture of a cooker barrow that I've seen. Yes, and but where Darren has got the panel beating from is he makes the feathers out of old bonnet cars.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, wow, yeah, how many cars does he need to make it?
Speaker 1: How many bonnets does he need?
Speaker 7: Well that is a good question, that is not one of ours.
Speaker 1: Well, we're not the artist, so we you know, we need to interview you, to speak to your Australian bank seed to find out about this.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden Newcastle wakes up and all their car't bonets are missing.
Speaker 1: Drop off your bonnets here at goal please, guys.
Speaker 7: And we need to raise fifty thousand, and we are halfway as of last night.
Speaker 1: Oh so you've got twenty five thousand already.
Speaker 7: Yes, twenty five thousand dollars. The hold of that, Well, people haven't just been putting it into the GoFundMe. They've also been putting it straight into the BSB.
Speaker 1: What of the of the artists.
Speaker 7: No, our like our committee that we're on, the two thousand committee for Donalds. They put it straight into the bank details there rather than going in the go Fundy. Some low are a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they don't trust the old go fummies. It's the Russians? Is it the Chinese? Neil Mitchell talk about this anyway, wherever it goes, it doesn't matter. Okay, it doesn't matter. You're halfway there, so you need another twenty five thousand dollars we do, yes, and when would you love it for summertime? Do you think?
Speaker 7: Well, we're not putting any pressure on Chris, but if he had it done by the end of the year. Where it's going the New Cookers Country Biscuits factory. Have you ever had those biscuits?
Speaker 1: No, by tell you what. Loads of people have called the show saying they're amazing. Yes, so you're going to build it outside the front of their factory?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: Or maybe ask them for a couple of grand I'd say, listen, those biscuits are selling well at Woodies chip in for a bonnet.
Speaker 7: Well we should should we.
Speaker 1: We're moving it away from your factory.
Speaker 7: Or when they say this on the on the billboard, they might.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean the big coboard there.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, the monior and the tell you got knock an old mister Frattuo own his door. Don't cry, It's all right, we'll get there way. Don't give up the drink. Don't give up the drink. Jody, Well, I can tell you some good news already. Since that billboard went live an hour ago, an extra one hundred and one hundred and four dollars has been raised.
Speaker 7: Well, that is great, isn't it? A little bit? Thank you?
Speaker 1: Every little bit counts. You're right, So they can donate money or car bonnets preferably, Yeah, gotcha, all right, Okay.
Speaker 7: Got the bonnets under control.
Speaker 1: That is good news. Well, that's good news to Chris. He's an our inland. Guys, and Jody fingers crossed it. You raise some more money today? Okay. We wish you all the best. I already hope that Donald gets that giant kooko, but it deserves so do I.
Speaker 7: And you'll have to come down and have a look at him a.
Speaker 1: Bit of see him from space on Google maps, that giant cook And are you in charge of the committee. You're a local councilor there are you, Jody, No, just a.
Speaker 7: Member of the two thousand Committee Donald, which is a progressive committee.
Speaker 1: Oh good for you. Well, wish you all the best and I hope you get the cooker ber and I hope you raise some money today from the billboard. Fingers crossed. So it's on the Neppean bolty Bridge, Princess Freeway, Tuller and Monash.
Speaker 7: Wonderful. Yeah, that should get a few people to see it.
Speaker 3: Yes, but in the meantime you talked to missus, that's all I would go and chat to the biscuit guy.
Speaker 7: We need to get some biscuits to you for you to try them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, But I think you need to get some money out of the to build that flip and cookerber out the side of the factory gates.
Speaker 7: Yeah. We want to have the whole body, not just the tail.
Speaker 1: We do that would otherwise it look like it's crashed into the earth. Actually pulled a muster, all right, Liten Jody, thank you very much, recording, good luck. Le's see what happens in next twenty four hours. Thank you so much, Take care bye.
Speaker 7: OK.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast,