Speaker 1: Hello, I'm welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm kay Torba and coming up on today's show, Britney Saunder's shocks fans by returning to YouTube, Rachel Dylan's baby news, and the self proclaimed tennis Wag's winning fans at the Aussie Open. The first anonymous influencer snark Sides are in the spotlight again after being called out by two high profile influencers. Indy Clinton has hit out at anonymous users, telling them to get a hobby, get laid, or go find God.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: So what prompted this reaction from Indy Well, all of this drama kicked off in popular Facebook group Tea Time. So an anonymous user accused an influencer of not being sun safe with her kids. She wrote, sun safety, where is it? A certain influencer has posted to her instant showing her children wearing no hats or appropriate clothing to the beach and what makes it worse is the visible nappy tanlines on one shop and what seems to be a severe burn and red raw pealing marks on another's back. At what point do we start holding the more accountable for not being better role models and promoting sun safety over being tanned. The anonymous user added, admins, pretty please do not delete this post and support my theory that this certain influencer is untouchable on this page. Now, it didn't take long for people to draw the dots and realize this post was about Indy Clinton, and while there were some that agreed with the original poster, the majority thought that it was a bit of a stretch and accused the poster of mum shaming Indy. There are a lot of people asking this anonymous poster if they were a parent and if they're aware of how difficult it is to actually keep a hat on a child and really defending Indy if anything. In general, people thought it was a bit of a stretch, and I think we're seeing people piling onto influencers at the moment because Sun's safety is really a hot topic no pun intended at the moment on social media, because the ABC did a really great investigation into what's going on TikTok at the moment with the promotion of tan lines. We've seen Sopha Doufer dragged into that drama. And while I applaud that somen safety is a topic of discussion. This did seem like a reach. Yeah, you can tell by the tone of this post that this person already has an issue with Indy, so they were sort of looking for something else to have a go at her about. Now. Indy ended up hitting back on her Instagram story, which I found really interesting because we interviewed her back in December and at the time she was very frustrated that she previously had to stay quiet on a lot of controversies that had popped up surrounding her, and her management had always told her to be quiet, to let the story die. But I think her strategy this year is to defend herself, particularly when it comes to people spreading vicious rumors about her children. Yeah, when we had a chat, she spoke about how detrimental TEA time and tatle life are to her mental health, and how she has spoken to her psychologists about ways to deal with that kind of hate. And I'm really glad that Indy has found her voice in this instant because there's nothing worse than people making up rumors about your children. So she shared a photo of Navies back and confirmed that it was just a scratch, and she questioned those criticizing her if they'd ever seen her children's sunburnt before she continued writing, I'm born and raised at the beach. I know how to keep them safe. And my favorite part of India's clapback was when she told the anonymous poster to get a hobby, get laid, or go find God, because you need something better to do than making up stories about me and my kids. That probably felt really good to say it. She then followed up with another Instagram story which said, actually, if you're posting anonymously on a forum about absolute rubbish, you'll probably most definitely not getting laid. Here's a link to a good dido instead. Good Luck. I really liked it because Big ed Aka. Her husband Ben also weighed in, saying this first.
Speaker 3: On a forum starts ragging my wife and my kids about suns. Safety's with it the beach her whole life. I've lived in a harsh environment. Out of them, we understand some safety. To make an assumption that our kid's appealing when one's a scab and one's exmar is just next level. The fact that it's done under an anonymous account just is coudice really and it makes me really sick. To be honest, it's not about our situation, it's just it's overall, I think on social media and faceless people saying things or having an opinion that they wouldn't have in person. That is my main problem. It's just it needs to stop. And I think these forums are actually kind of encouraging this behavior.
Speaker 1: There's something just so attractive about when someone's husband or partner steps in to defend them, and it was really interesting to hear his perspective. And sometimes it takes for someone who's not heavily invested in that world to step back and say, this is fucking ridiculous, what is going on? Yeah, Well, what stood up for me was the fact that Ben got involved showed how just much it had affected Indy that he felt like he needed to come online and defend his wife, because he for the last couple of years has played a real background character. But you can see more recently he's becoming a lot more comfortable in front of the camera. And again, Indy spoke on our podcast about how he's actually been bullied by people at his work for being a part of her channel. I also think it must be really difficult for people's partners to sit back and watch them copper online and feel like they can't say anything. It reminded me of a conversation that I've had with my husband in regards to these gossip forums, because there is an outspoken thread on there which we get spoken about quite a lot, and it's good to have someone who's removed from the situation just saying that these people basically have no lives and nothing better to do, and how ridiculous it is. And I also think that he brought up a really important point, which is around the anonymous nature of a lot of these forums and also now Facebook groups. So even in our Facebook group, there is a feature where you can anonymously create a post, but usually if you respond to it, your name is visible. Yeah, so now you can create an anonymous alias to comment in there, which I'm wondering if we can turn off, because I do feel like the ability to anonymously post at all is actually having a really detrimental impact on our Facebook community. I don't like it, and I really think at the end of the day, if you have an opinion to share, you should be willing to share your name and face to it. Like, obviously we speak about influencer culture, and we're happy to put our face and name to the comments that we make because we stand by those comments.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, Indy Clinton isn't the only influencer who's opened up about the detrimental effect anonymous troll comments have had on her This week. So Zoe Haig, who is the sister of Molly May, shared a troll comment that she received about one of her selfies on a YouTube channel. Let's throw to what she said.
Speaker 5: I get comments like this like a fair about and they don't normally bother me. Bloody how face pop clup, give me a shot influence life is not for you. Comments on that never ever, ever, ever bought the mean. I don't know why that's interested. I think it's because I'm not feeling great and like I feel like I don't look my worst. I would never even reply to a comment like that, nor leave it, but I just said great, thanks for him my day, because I don't want people by that to think that you just get away from saying stuff.
Speaker 1: It was so hard to watch her cry on YouTube, but I'm actually glad that she did share this because it really shows the reality of what happens when you send one of these ridiculous comments, because I'm sure the person just shot the message off not even thinking about it. It was probably misplaced aggression. I always think there is a place to critique influences behavior, but I have never understood why anyone thinks it's their right to comment on anyone's appearance. It is utterly disgusting. I just can't even comprehend someone sitting there and thinking that's an okay thing to do. I mean, it's absolutely disgusting. Who cares what she looks like? I mean, she's a beautiful girl anyway, So it just shows how ridiculous it all is. Now. Zoe went on to share her thoughts about anonymous sites like tattle Life, who speak about not only her, but her sister on a daily basis. Here's what she said.
Speaker 5: Obviously, I know it is a troll account because I'm saying things like influencer life isn't for you, Like you don't have to look a certain way to be an influencder. Obviously I don't look like a lot of influencers, Like I didn't get into this influencing life because I looked a certain way. It's not about how you look. Whenever I do see comments like that, I would honestly pay so much money like all these horrible forms of people being horrible about everyone. I would pay so much money, like probably every single penny that I own, to see you who are to like line them all up against each other and be like, Oh, that's the sort of person that like comments horble staff or that it's really horrible about other people. Because I just can't picture the sort of person that is like, yeah, it could be anyone, and that she could be someone that you're friends or someone that you're passing the street and they're they're like making horrible comments online.
Speaker 1: Again, I really think that if you're going to share an anonymous comment about someone, particularly when you're picking apart their appearance, you might be brave enough to share a photo of what you look like and also your name.
Speaker 2: Okay, so hello and welcome to my YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: For those of you who do not know who I am, my name is Britney Saunders. After pulling the pin on her YouTube career four years ago, Britney Saunders has shoted fans by making a dramatic return. The much loved OG influencer turned business Mogul has vowed to revamp her channel and lifted the lid on why she quit the platform. So all feels right in the world now that britt is back on YouTube. I was really excited to see her make this grand return, and I was really intrigued to see at what capacity she would be returning in because when she started her channel, she was posting four to five times a week, and obviously they were vlog style videos. It was all about her life. And I instantly noticed when I clicked on her channel that she has renamed it. So when she first launched in twenty eleven, it was called Britney Lee Saunders. For some reason, back then, it was very in vogue to go by your full name, including your middle name. I mean, Steph Cleare Smith and Olivia Molly Rodgers was still doing it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I suppose it's because their last name is common, so maybe someone already had the other handle. I also think that creators did it to stand out and to have a unique element. Now, as of twenty twenty five, BRIT's channel is now known as Britney Saunder's Fate the label, so it's very clear to see that her return to YouTube is a business decision, and a smart one at that. Yeah, she has spent ten years cultivating this following, so why not tap back into this market, particularly when you own your own clothing brand. It just makes sense. There's no point in letting a huge platform like this just die and lay dormant because it's such a waste. Yeah. Now, BRIT's first video back was entitled Why I Quit and Why I Am Back, and at the time of recording, it's not sched up fifty four thousand views. To me, that sounds quite low considering she has a million subscribers, But I'm guessing it's because she hasn't been on the platform for four years and the algorithm is really punishing her at the moment. Well, it's such a relief that she actually hit fifty four thousand views, because she joked that if she didn't reach at least ten thousand views, she would be retiring straight away. Again. Now, the video was filmed in her office and she had her large warehouse visible in the background, and this video was a very clever mix of a trip down memory lane and also an update on what she's been up to. I really liked what she did with this video because it was really nostalgic. She opened up with vision of her first YouTube video from back in twenty eleven, so it was an eighteen year old Britt explaining that she loved makeup and skincare and thought that she may as well give the whole YouTube thing a crack. Brit seemed to be very mindful that this might be the first time that a lot of her og followers who only followed her on YouTube are seeing her again in four years, and she said that she always felt like they might have been angry at her for leaving, and she also knew that some of her most recent fans might have been unaware that she was a full blown YouTuber for ten years. So she decided to share a montage of old videos, and the ones that I were fascinated to see were her on brand trips because she's been very outspoken in the last year about how her brand fate is pushing back offering influencer trips, so they did something quite revolutionary and they offered everyday customers a sort of influencer inspired trip. So she was really giving back to her community, and it's interesting to see some of these influencer brand trips that she was treated to back in the day. So they ranged from going to Los Angeles with Tart Cosmetics to going to the Hayman Islands. And in one of the clips from twenty sixteen, Brits showed her followers that not only was she gifted an iPad on one of these trips, also an Apple Watch and in twenty sixteen, and I suppose still now they were the must haves like that would have set the company back a lot of money, particularly to give it to not only brit but all of the influencers that were on the trip, and she was saying that that time in her life didn't even feel real. And it was actually during one of these influencer trips that she realized that she was more intrigued by how the companies were working behind the scenes, and she often spent a lot of time talking to the team and trying to understand how the business worked and also the perspective of why they would send influencers on these extravagant trips. Now, this of course led her to starting her own clothing company, Fate in twenty seventeen, and at the time, britt admitted that when she launched the fashion brand, she didn't really think much of it, because if you do cast your mind back, a lot of influencers were just slapping their names on things and doing it as a bit of a cash grab.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She said she felt like it just seemed to be the obvious step for her as an influencer to start a brand, and she said that she had no idea how to actually start a business. Yeah. It's funny because it seems like for Brit she was the type of person that would just follow what the trend was. So I remember hearing in an interview that she said she didn't even like makeup or wasn't particularly good at it, but launched a makeup channel because that's what everyone was doing at the time. It is ironic that this brand that she didn't think much of ended up growing so big and becoming her number one passion and actually led to her quitting YouTube. Yeah, I mean, it's happened for quite a lot of influencers. I mean the one that springs to mind is Shanie Grimmin. She used to be massive on YouTube at the same time Brit was, and she also has followed in BRIT's footsteps. She launched her own swimmer company. She's recently got a warehouse, So it is really cool to see these og influencers doing so well for themselves, but they always seem to go back to YouTube. I'm hoping the same will happen with Shanie Grimm, and I know she's TikTok vlogging, but it's just not the same as long form content. I think Britt is also very mindful that she wants to be seen as one of the people. She doesn't want to be seen as this influencer who was living this lavish lifestyle, because she also pointed out that one of the reasons she quit YouTube four years ago is because she felt like she was turning into a sellout. She said that she was no longer interested in spreaking products and she didn't feel like she was being authentic to her self. That is really interesting because, as you said earlier, the channel has now labeled Britney Saunda's Fate the label, so it clearly was a business decision to return to the platform. So I'm looking forward to seeing how she actually promotes the brand to her followers, because I know she is very clever with marketing and she's not going to just be like, oh this try and hold no, who's my co blah blah blah. She is going to be revolutionary with how she does this. Well, she's committed to putting out a video a week, and she said that it will be behind the scenes of her business, similar to what she's sharing on TikTok and YouTube, just a longer format where I'm guessing that she'd be putting a lot of her personality across and not just be sharing about all the highs. I'm sure we'll get a little glimpse on the lows. Well, it's super clever. It's literally like a TV show of what's going on behind the scenes out of business. People are going to get invested, They're going to want to support the brand. I think it's an incredible idea. There was a really big reaction to her returning to YouTube. A lot of her og followers were saying that they were so excited and that they've missed her, and they called her out on the fact that she has privated the majority of her video so she had thousands of videos on the back channel, and a few of her followers said, oh my god, I loved going back and binge watching them. So she's had now has the idea that she'd be releasing these new videos a week, but she'll also be re releasing an old video. And we've seen a lot of YouTube do this where they've privated a lot of their videos. And I think it comes down not just to her, but generally for damage control, because people keep finding stuff that was set on the internet ten years ago, taking it out of context or not taking it for the time that it was set in. Yeah, a lot of things haven't aged well over the last decades, so I can see why she has done that. It is a smart business move or she protected herself. Yeah, and obviously she can now cherry pick what videos she wants to put out there. She's got enough staff to check over whether it's okay to put out. I love that she has decided to do her own reruns again, another fabulous idea that I think a lot of influencers are going to be copying. Yeah. Unfortunately, though, her classic catchphrase peace out Doggies will not be making a return, which upset a lot of her followers, so in Everno they might put the pressure on her. Oh, I think we can probably move on from that one. Good of morning, everyone kilsin Evers. Finnis influencer Rachel Dylan and Sweat co founder Toby Pierce have announced their expecting their first child together.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: For Toby, this is his second child. He already shares a five year old daughter with his former fiance and business partner Kayla Hassenas this is the third influencer prediction that we've got right in the space of three weeks. This is a lot of peacocking at the moment. Yes, the thing is, I need to go listen back to that episode because I'm a little bit nervous that maybe we didn't include it in the recording, because I definitely had it on my list. I think this was on our list, but we didn't want to include it in the episode because I think it's a bit inappropriate to make guesses about people's like fertility journeys and where they're going to get pregnants. So in saying that, I think we actually did end up including it. So listen to it. Well, it was beautiful news, and the couple broke it by sharing an adorable family video with Ana very much front and center, which I loved. Their sausage dog Pee even made an appearance, So the video showed behind the scenes of a pregnancy shoot, and of course, with any influencer pregnancy announcement, I think it's mandatory for everyone to wear matching out and have vibes of a Levi commercial. It was very similar to m davies. Yeah, so Rachel wore unbuttoned jeans and a white sports bra, while Toby wore a white long sleeve shirt and jeans, and Aarna wore a very cute white dress. I don't know how influencers managed to get their partners to be involved in these elaborate photo shoots, because I found it difficult enough to get Reese to just be in a photo. Is it the dollar signs? I mean, I actually had to take my pregnancy announcement photo again because I somehow talked my husband into wearing Christmas pajamas, so Amy well matching ones. Amy originally took the photo and when he saw them, he's like, oh my god, I'm going to get so much stick from my friends from this. Can we please take a photo in normal clothes? Maybe you have to drop the original photo in like our Facebook community or a private post. He was actually very cute. Now in this video, Anna is hugging Rachel and Toby. She's also seen kissing Rachel's bump and holding up the pregnancy test and I got very confused because there was large letters across it which said sister. And at first I was like, oh my god, are they using this to announce the gender? Are they saying that this is Anna's sister? But I think they're just saying that Anna is a sister.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I looked at the comment section and no one was leaving pink love heart, so there was no mention of a baby girl. So I was like, Okay, it must just be because she's going to be a big sister. But through me, I did see a lot of references to the fact that she's going to be a big sister. I actually saw something that doctor Gollie, who's a pediatrician, quite a famous pediatrician. We all know doctor God, Yeah, yeah we do. I think it was actually on Steph Clesmith's podcast. She was talking about how doctor Gollie had advised her when she was telling Harvey that she was having a baby to make it sound really special that he's going to be a big brother. Oh, I'm wondering if they've had advice there. Well, this baby is due in the middle of the year, so the couple captioned the post simply coming July. And this news didn't come as a complete surprise to Rachel's followers, because last week she shared an Instagram story saying I feel so blessed. I get so excited to come home. They just returned from another trip, and she wrote, back to my routine and back to a very exciting work here for twenty twenty five. I have so much to share with all of you now. Due to that last line, a lot of Rachel's followers speculated that she was set to make a pregnancy announcement. I mean, it's terrible because she did get married last year, and I feel like as soon as influencers get married, everyone's like, when am I having a baby? And then as soon as I have a baby, everyone's like, when are they having a second one? I hate it. Isn't that just life in gener Yeah? Now, this post was of course inundated with congratulations from the Blue Tick Brigade. So Rachel's sister, who created a bit of a stir when she sang at her wedding, wrote, our sweet baby, you were so loved already and your Auntie is already so obsessed with you, counting down the days until I get to meet you earthside. Apologies in advance for the fifty thousand convos you're going to have to listen to of your Mum and I while you grow in her tummy. Her bridesmaid Isabelle Mathers, who copped a lot of flack over what she wore to Rachel's rehearsal dinner, wrote words can't explain my excitement. I love you both so much. You're going to be the best Mum and Grace. Beverly wrote, oh my gosh, congratulations, So happy for you both.
Speaker 4: Really non biased opinion. Australian Open is the best time in the tennis season and we are backed.
Speaker 1: The Australian Open is currently in full swing in Melbourne and although I don't know all of the top seeds names like I used to, my appetite for the tournament has been renewed by the self proclaimed tennis wags. Now, while the term wag used to be considered demeaning, many of the wives and girlfriends currently on the tour are reclaiming the title and having some fun with it. God, how has it been a year since the Australian Open. You and I went last year, That does not seem a year ago. I'm having fomo because literally every influencer and their dogs seems to be there, and I just want to be their people watching. Yeah, you keep screenshotting different influences at the event and sending the demand being like, I want to be there. I know, because I just love the tennis. I'm getting all these snapchat memories from seven years ago when we went to the Open and we were really invested and we were going to all of the players practice matches and all of them the view of the practice. Yeah, and it was when we love Nadol. I'm so sad that he doesn't play anymore. But this is why I'm more interested in the Wags now, because I don't really know any of the big players, and if there was a Queen of the Wags, it would definitely beat Morgan Riddle. Yeah. We spoke a bit about her last year on the podcast because she made headlines. When was it she had to eat veggiemite? Yeah, So she dates US tennis player Taylor Fritz, who is incredibly hot, like he is probably the pinup I think of the tennis world. At the moment. Has he got Andy Roddick vibes from back in the day. He does, actually, I mean he's brunette, but yeah, he's very good looking. I'd recommend checking out his games. But basically, she said that if he got into the quarter finals, she would eat a jar a veggiemite. And this ended up being really funny because she I think she went live on her Instagram and she could only manage a spoonful and almost vomited. I mean, it'd be pretty hard to eat a whole jar of veggiemite. No, And it's pretty crazy because in the space of a couple of years, she has been dubbed the most famous woman in men's tennis, and she has a massive social media following. She's got half a million followers on TikTok and they tune in to watch all of her tennis outfits and also get a glimpse of what it's like to be on the tour. And she is always immaculately presented. I can't wait to see her outfits this year. She has a stylist who pulls together a lot of her looks and she loves to dress in theme. It's not Paul Versaci is it because I feel like he is the only stylist in Melbourne at the moment, So she has a stylist I think who travels with her. Oh okay, because side note, has anyone noticed that he and Olivia Rodgers appear not to be friends anymore. I'm really upset because I actually can't see Olivia Rodgers content anymore. And I was a big fan of her. She ended up blocking the podcast around the time that we were covering the story about her ex husband Justin Well, she blocked our personal pages. No, I think when you block the podcast, it automatically blocked our personal pages. I like to think I think she blocked them.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: I was a bit sad about that. But I can't see her content anymore. It's so weird when you follow someone for years and then suddenly you don't see their content and it's like they've fallen off the face of So if anything does happen that we need to report on, please let us know what. She did have a tennis event. But anyway, getting back to Morgan Riddle, I've really enjoyed watching her updates as the tennis tournament started to kick off because she actually spent Christmas in Australia and she's been giving her followers a glimpse of what actually goes on behind the scenes. And I always thought that life as a tennis wag would be really glamorous, and her flogs have confirmed this because she revealed that the Australian Open has a gifting suite for players and our partners.
Speaker 4: Most big tournaments have these gifting suites. Kind of makes it feel like an influencer trail.
Speaker 1: We're going to do a very.
Speaker 4: Quick cell of the player guests go and barks from Mecca. For my Americans, Mecca is like the Australian version of Sephora. We've got all sorts of Getty's ask strecham Pooh. This is one of my favorite products of all time. If you use this on flates, you will not break out. They go through like one a month now.
Speaker 1: Among her whole was also a carry on case from July, as well as clothing, tennis socks, a ton of expensive skin care and makeup products. There was one item that stumped her though, and it was a soft toy Echidna.
Speaker 4: I don't know what this says like in real life, spiky, but if any Australians want to tell me what that says.
Speaker 1: I literally have no idea. What's the real life spike? Is she referring to a porcupine because I feel like an echidna is really the American version of a porcupine. It is interesting that they didn't pick a koala or a kangaroo. Maybe they wanted something that was a bit unique. They didn't get as much airtime. And it is clear that this has been an educational experience for her because she had a lot of Australians shocked that she didn't know, hitting her up saying this is an echidna. Well, great for her engagement. I wonder if the Australian Open used to do this gifting suite before social media. I guess they would, but maybe not to the extent that they do it now. It's really interesting because as the partner of a tennis player, you also get access to all of the player cafes and you literally get given free food and drink. And Morgan explained that she is a huge fan of Australian coffee. She said that American coffee tastes like dish water in comparison. She did try Australian bacon though, and described it as a very unpleasant experience, so it's made me curious. I mean, I am vegetarian. I have had bacon before, though, what's the difference. There is a difference because when I went to Utah with the thirty six's, we stayed at a hotel and because it was a work trip, we had to just eat at the buffet every day. So unpleasant. And they do have a different type of bacon. Oh okay, it's sort of can't it kind of looks like fake bacon. It looks very processed. Any Americans let us know. I also found it quite fascinating because a lot of the tennis players' partners are also using the Australian Open as an opportunity to hold brand launches. So the girlfriend of an Italian tennis player called Mia Savo, she launched her own tennis inspired athletic brand. So she isn't from Melbourne, She's obviously from Italy and she doesn't have the social media reach that Morgan does. She only has five thousand followers. But she invited Morgan as well as a couple of the other tennis player's girlfriends along to a launch that she held at a private tennis club and overlooked a grass tennis court. They even served tennis teeny's. It's a tennis teeny well, it's basically a martini with light she balls that look like tennis balls. So it was very it was very cute. I wonder how the tennis players feel though, if they're happy to share their spotlight like this, well, I think it's only fair that if their partner has chosen to travel around with them on the tour, that they can also continue to work and influencing. As much as people don't like it, it is a genuine job and a lot of these women may actually be earning more money than their partners playing tennis or similar That's the thing. A lot of these tennis players partners are in fact influencers. And my TikTok algorithm knows me too well because it has also introduced me to Paige Lorenz, who is the girlfriend of American tennis player Tommy Paul. Now, she shares a lot of similarities with Morgan as not only is she stunning, but as I said, she also has a huge social media following. So she also has half a million followers on TikTok, and she shares a lot of life, style and fashion content, and The New York Post has dubbed Paige as the female Pete Davidson because she has had quite a number of high profile partners. So who's she been with? Well, she initially started to grow her following online because she started dating an NHL hockey player. She then gained even more followers when she dated Armie Hammer, and she has also dated country singer Morgan Wollen and also TV personality Tyler Cameron. I have to say, though, I wouldn't call her Pete Davidson because Pete Davison Moore gets this rap of being this ugly guy who dates all of these hot actresses. This woman is stunning. Yeah, it's not like she's batting above her average or anything. Okay, you have to check out this video because Paige shared how she prepped for her big travel to Australia.
Speaker 2: Boyfriend's playing in the Australian Open and I'm about to leave for Australia the.
Speaker 1: Long travel days, so I wanted you a little blog. I was super confused by this video because Paige then started to prep food for the flight and she called it an aeroplane snack. This seems to be an American thing. Yeah, but it was a full on meal. She did have the awareness to point out that it wasn't normal. So she made a healthy, homemade pasta salad, and then she packed herself a cheese board in a container, and she described the whole process as self care. I'm just glad to see people Parona in the fact that they eat normal things, Like imagine if it was like, I'm cooking up this ultra healthy meal.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 1: I love that she had a cheese board. Yeah, I mean it looked delicious, But I want to point out she wasn't flying cattle class. She was flying first class, so she had her own little pod. She had access to amazing food, so I was very confused why she would pack her own. Maybe it's just because she travels so often that she doesn't really like the food. Like personally, I mean, I'm obviously not traveling first class, but aeroplane food always upsets my stomach. I did get upgraded once to business class, and the food was so much better. I have to say, though, if I packed myself a whole cheese board, I think that would upset my stomach. True. Now, unsurprisingly, the flight attendants went above and beyond to make her feel very comfortable.
Speaker 2: We took off, and then another one of the sweetest amount I've ever met in my whole life literally offered to make me my bed to sleep. He was so cute, and I say, I literally could pray. I wanted to give him the world. He literally like tucked me into bed. I could sab he was an angel on this earth.
Speaker 1: Did you feel myself being tucked in?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Was this? Yes? Oh god, this was so awkward. I mean, this is the definition of pretty privilege here. I'm sorry, but those flight attendants aren't just tucking anyone in. This was an older man who tucked her in. Oh god. Now, if there's anyone else I should be following any more wags, please let me know, because I just love being a fly on the wall of their life and vicariously living my dream of being a tennis wag. Well, you've got your phone in your hand at the moment, so I'm sure TikTok is listening to every word you're saying and it's going to serve it up in your algorithm. Let's get into our Friday features. So if I'll kick us off, my Friday feature is the return of Love Island UK All Stars. So it is now streaming on nine now. It started on Wednesday, and I am so excited because Eck and Sue is back and it means and that means one thing. Dave Day is definitely returning as a bombshell. If he comes in as a bombshell, I'm going to put it out there. This is going to be the best series of Love Island. All of my favorites are back. We've got Luca Bish. He is a controversial favorite because he got a bit of a bad rap in that series. I thought he was hilarious. He was told he was controlling. Yeah, I want to see him without Gemma because he really locked himself down early with her. I want to see him be a bit of a player. Well, he was very respectful because it did get brought up on the show what would you do if Gemma was brought in? And he said he would actually leave because he would want her to have a great experience there without him, And I think that people wanted to try and get the dirt about her, and he was very respectful, didn't say anything. People are saying that he seems to have a crush on Eck and Suit I haven't watched it yet because we are pre recording this on Wednesday before the episode has dropped. I've only seen a few little features on Instagram, but people are like, oh, yeah, he's definitely keen on Eck and Sue, but doesn't want to say anything. I'm a little concerned because there have been reports in the Sun that Eck and Sue only agreed to come back on the proviso that David eight does not make a return. I'm hoping that's bullshit and that they're trying to just not be ultra obvious because last year, when the All Stars series aired for the first time, it was quite a surprise to see Love Island bringing back people's exes. It felt very much reminiscent of X on the Beach. It was a great new element. Though. Have you seen they've brought back Casey for a third year in a row. He was on I think the twenty twenty four series. He then returned for the All Star series, and he's back again. I'm not interested in seeing him. I know you liked him on TikTok. Oh. Oh, that's why he's back, because he's super popular on TikTok Now that must be why there were some people that didn't recognize. Like, again, we are prerecording this, so I haven't actually sat down, but I'm like, who is that? And who is that? On Instagram? I thought that Curtis was Andrew. Oh Andrew, Yes, we Tashed confused because I'm like, aren't he and Tash still together? But Curtis. Curtis has actually been partnered up with Eck and Sue, So Eck and Sue picked him, which really surprised me. I cannot see the two of them getting along with at all. I can because he and Mara didn't make sense, but then they kind of worked. I mean they did, they were together off the show for a little while. Maybe he wants a very strong woman like Eck and Sue. I mean, I can't see Ek and Sue sticking with the first person that she picked. She's gonna be making out with someone on the terrace. God, if only they could get Molly May and Tommy Fury on there, Like, how much money do you think they'd have to pay to get them back? Lass, I don't think there's any money in the world. Because Molly May has worked very hard to distance herself from I suppose to perceived tackiness of the show and be seen as this celebrity in her own right. Imagine that if she popped up as a bombshell, she won't. There's no way in hell that she will. Now, So what's your Friday feature? So I want to talk about my recent Christmas present I received, and it is a Smeg mixer. So I was shocked to receive this because I knew that we were giving Amy a Smeg mixer for Christmas, and my husband's family were very generous and gifted me one. Luckily, they're different colors, so I've got the white, Amy's got the black, You've got the peak. Imagine leaving them around each other's houses getting confused. I know now I haven't used it yet because I feel a lot of pressure because you, Kate, are the queen of the kitchen. I growing up very much loved cooking, but I was your Sioux chef and I want to learn how to make your cinnamon scroll. So I've asked for the recipe, but you have told me that there's a few tricks with this recipe adding extra butter, so I will have to share how I go over the weekend. Yeah, so the recipe is from Ambitious Kitchen. But I actually tried to make it, I think three or four times before actually mastering really so, I found that the dough was too dry, so I add extra butter. I'm actually very nervous now to hear that this has taken you quite a number of attempts, because my husband's like, could you please make cinnamon scrolls. I love Kate cinnamon scroll doesn't actually like that. Yeah, he likes them. I need to cook them again, I hope because the machine is so esthetically pleasing it will somehow make my cooking better. I hate to tell you, but it won't. Okay, well, at least I don't have to get a sore arm from mixing. I think that is all we have time for today. Thank you so much for joining us for this episode. If you have enjoyed it, could you please make sure you are subscribed on Apple podcast and also Spotify, and please make my week leave us a lovely review. Don't be an anonymous troll. This episode was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Planes. We pay respect to Elder's past for President s