Speaker 1: The Unplayable Podcast is proudly presented by quantas the official podcast partner and the official airline partner of Cricket Australia. Once again, this season, Quantus is prouds Toby be flying Australia's cricketers as they take on the world. Hello everybody, welcome to The Unplayable Podcast. It's the final Test of the Ashes. Someone, We've made it to Sydney and now we're sitting in the trip Land box ahead of the final Test. Louis, it's a big episode coming up. Was mcquijor has retired? Todd Murphy's on the show curator chat all the fun stuff.
Speaker 2: So where do we begin?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of build up to a dead rubber Test match. Yes, there are World Test Championship points on the line, but the Ashes have have well and truly been one. But yeah, there's a there's a big going on leading to this one. It was McGuire's press conference this morning, I mean nearly an hour long. He fired a few shots, he made you know, it was heartfelt, a lot of it wasn't it, And made some beautiful points around you know how he suffered racism as as a young kid and how that has kind of shaped his career and still does and still does. Yeah, so I mean that's going to be the one that creates a lot of headlines over not just today but kind of going forward. But yeah, we're farewell in one of the great beautiful symmetry that he noticed. I mean, he must be spending a bit of time in statsgu I reckon because eighty eight tests he will end up playing at the SCG. It was forty four before he when he got dropped during twenty nineteen ashes, he had about eighteen months to twenty four months out of the team and since his recall at this ground, the SEG during the twenty one twenty two ashes, he will have played forty four tests. So as really nice symmetry for all the cricket stats nerds, and there's a.
Speaker 1: Few a few, there's some great coverage across all of cricket dot com, dot Au and the SA Live app of course, honoring Kawaja dropped seven times in eight years before he got that run. After those twin times as you spoke about, and yeah, very long preference. You can watch it all as well on our channels loo for those who don't have fifty minutes to spare.
Speaker 2: What sort of were the main talking points out of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, he kind of started off by saying, so his family initially lived, he said, a stone throw away from the SCG in a really small two bedroom flat when they moved from from Pakistan when he was a young little tucker and he saw Michael Slater roll up to the s CG in a red Ferrari and that was one of his enduring memories. And you know, he subsequently moved to the family moved to Western Sydney, and he called them hard streets and you know, experienced, you know, a lot of a lot of things, heard a lot of things he said he couldn't repeat in the press conference. This is all stuff he's spoken about a lot before. But I think it was it was nice and it was important that he repeated it because I think, you know, he made the point and I think we would all agree Cricket's got a long way to go to to atone for some of the issues that he's that he's encountered in which a lot of people still do encounter. And then yeah, just I mean, what you know, the gap that is gonna it's gonna be left by him when he when he calls time. It's a funny one, isn't it, Because we've talked a lot about the opening hole that he filled, and David Warren had all these partners and finally he got one in Usmond Kwaja, who was a reliable, steady presence. Yes, we know Kuaja's results of the last eighteen months just about have diminished in that time, and they've kind of neatly found a decent kind of replacement in Travis ed and Jake Weatherley.
Speaker 4: So it kind of feels out of all times.
Speaker 3: He could about out, well, he's actually bowing out with you know, having given away to his replacements. So yeah, he spoke a little bit about that, and yeah, just the ups and downs of a turbulent career. It's kind of hard to have to summarize in less than fifty minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I found interesting how he said that he had considered, you know, have retired at any point in the last two years, but then had sort of found this point of the cycle.
Speaker 2: I suppose to call it.
Speaker 1: Given that the next big series India and England until twenty twenty seven, and there are some less scrutinized series for Australia.
Speaker 4: Coming out term that he used.
Speaker 1: This Bangladesh, South Africa and the New Zealand and the next ones is going to be hard to replace because openers, as he also mentioned, they have lower averages the middle order batters. Even though he played his whole first half of his careers the number three specialist, number three really came in and did an amazing job as opener. And now with Warner and him gone in the space of a couple of years, Yeah, it's going to be a very new looking side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your point about the timing is a good one, because he mentioned how he had a conversation with Andrew McDonald during or around the last year's Boxing Day Test against India where he eventually offered to retire, as he kind of recalled it, and McDonald was really stronger wanting him for that sriugh Anchor series. And what a master stroke that was because we got to witness one of his best test innings, the two hundred and thirty two he made in Gaul right up there with well maybe just a notch below say edge percent twenty three and Dubai twenty eighteen. I think I'd have edge percent twenty three is his absolute top performance in a Test match. I think it's one hundred and forty and sixty five. But he batted for more than thirteen hours in that game in yeah, sorry, he batted for more than thirteen hours in twenty twenty three the innings in Dubai. I think the second innings was more than eight hours. We need to double check the stats. So that was the one he played for the draw. The one in Edgerson was for a win, so I'd probably have that a bit higher. But yeah, that were the ones was he kind of spoke about. I'm interested you wrote. You wrote a nice piece, Joshure summing up the amount of times and he's been dropped, and you put the number at seven. I wonder if that in Sorry, I don't wonder, but and that doesn't include this is just a summarize what a crazy up and down career he had and maybe mistreated along the way in some respects. But the twenty thirteen trip to India, the homework Gate series where he was one of the four players who were a naughty boy and wasn't allowed to play in the Mahali Test, he would have played in that game, I think, So that's virtually a dropping and then he was virtually dropped during this series, right when Steve Smith at the last minute had to pull out with vertigo symptoms. So just so many what ifs along the way. I kind of like that to panned out that the.
Speaker 4: Way it has.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we had these number of droppings at seven. I was hoping I could get up to nine for sort of a nine lives a cat analogy, and he's a cool cat. But I did quite managed to get him to that cat status.
Speaker 3: Well, if we talked about it, I mean, if it added those two in, it could have been nine.
Speaker 2: We could have got to know, we could have got to known.
Speaker 1: And yeah, it was the fact that he was left out of that Adelaide test before Steve Smith obviously had to pull out. That sort of all so gave him the nudge to say, well, maybe it is my time to call it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's the end.
Speaker 1: Was in QUADJA one final walkdown or maybe two final walks down those famous stairs from the members Paillion here and what an amazing record. He's got three centuries against England at this ground, including one back in twenty seventeen eighteen, So who's to say you can't do it again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the way he was able to conquer some spin issues in the subcontinent. You know, he's very such a contrarian and he's so confidence is what makes him such a good player. But he's so confident in his own ability. The way he speaks about it is if you know, everyone was riding me off against spin, but you know there was a legitimate issues there, Like he went to sril Anka in twenty eleven, first first st up and you know, you know it was early in his career. Probably struggled there understandably, But I think it really came to the four in twenty sixteen when that Rang and a Harath series and he got everyone else everyone. I mean, he made even I think even Steve Smith struggled in that series or didn't quite have the same output as what he'd normally have. And that's when you kind of sa already got dropped again in Bangladesh in twenty seventeen, And yeah, I think there were issues against spin. But to his credit and to Justin Langer's credit, I think it was one of the people he kind of thanked for kind of giving him the belief that he could succeed like he developed the reverse suite. He just become a much better He played a lot more off the back foot. That was really noticeable when he went to Pakistan in twenty twenty two and just had had a game that succeeded.
Speaker 4: So a guy who had failed several.
Speaker 3: Times then was given the opportunity and succeeded in the toughest conditions, probably in Test cricket. So that's a great lesson for any Test bat.
Speaker 1: Up definitely finishes with sixteen Test centuries, maybe more if he gets another one in his final including overseas in England and in India and in Pakistan and in Sri Lanka and in the UAA and in New Zealand. So pretty much all conditions around the world is conquered.
Speaker 3: So what are we missing? Bangladesh, Zimbabwe? He only played one Test in Bangladesh. I know that from having a last night.
Speaker 1: I think the West Indies he didn't quite get there, yes, but they were pretty tough.
Speaker 4: I think if anyone managed to.
Speaker 3: If anyone opening the batting, and that's huge, cumulatively made one hundred runs over at sixty innings, that was a win that should be counted a Test century. Given some of the wickets I were playing on.
Speaker 1: He opened today's press conference with a bit of a speech. Let's just play that now in case you missed it earlier.
Speaker 5: Just bear with me. I've just ridden something. Funnily enough, I did. I lived just up the road from the SCG on Cook Road, to be exact, and I'll never forget. When I was younger, I saw Michael Slader drive and his red Ferrari. I couldn't believe in my luck. I just saw a Test cricketer, and as a boy whose parents were barely scraping through and trying to provide for their kids in a little two bedroom apartment, I thought, one day I'm going to be a Test cricketer. One day I can drive whatever I want. Never do I think that God would grant me such a wish. I'm here now today that I'll retiring from all international cricket after the seg Test match. God do, Cricket has given me far more than I ever imagined.
Speaker 2: Sorry, this this whatever's writing, this is really frustrating.
Speaker 5: He's given me memories I'll carry forever, friendships that go well beyond the game, and lessons that shape me who I am off the field. But no career belongs to one person. Obviously had a lot of help. To my parents who are over there, thank you for your sacrifices that never made the highlight drill. That's you, Mum and Dad, Tarik and Fuzzier. The early mornings, the long drives, the beliefs and when the results weren't there. Mom, you knew plenty of those, and I used to come disappointed sad. You always consulted me, and I'll never forget that. Dad, you all said that I would play for Australia one day, even though sometimes I didn't believe in myself. You taught me values before ambition. You taught me to be humble, always respectful, and treat everyone as equals no matter what, and that grounded me through everything that followed. I hope I repaid your sacrifice and leaving everything behind in Pakistan to come to Australia to give us kids a better life. Eighty eight test matches, Dad, that isn't that enough? Okay. To my brothers Aslan and Norman, I want to thank you for the countless hours you spend, the nets at backyards, everything you did, even down the road here in Centennial Park where you give me that token five minutes bat at the end of the day. Without your time and effort, I wouldn't be here, nor would I have my pulll shot, because all you did was bump me. But you always instilled in me that my journey would be tougher than the other kids, and if I wanted to make it that I had to work harder than everyone else, score more runs than the rest, and make sure that I don't give them any not to pick me. I'll never forget those words, and you were one hundred percent right. Rachie, my beloved wife. This journey has asked more of you than has ever asked of me, particularly since you read everything that goes on in the press, the miss moments, the long stretches apart the pressures that come with this life and taking care of the kids on your own. You carried our family so I could chase my dream, and I'll always be grateful for that. And don't worry, I know how you always remind me that all my international centuries came after I met you. You truly are one of my greatest blessings in life. You change the path of my life, and you definitely change the path of my career, and I think I every day that I got to share this journey with you. I love you so much. To my kids, Aisha and Eiler, you gave me perspective and remind me of what really matters, win or lose everything I did out there. I hope one day that you'd be powered of what I achieved, but also what I was like as a human. I'll continue to buy you chippies and give you lots of lollies when Mum isn't looking. Don't worry, because you know I'm a sucker for hugs and kisses. To Rachel's family, including John and Michelle, Rachel's parents, thank you for all your support and time spent over the last ten years. I'm truly blessed out such a great extended family. The fact that Rachel's brother and dad both love playing golf is just a bonus and probably half the reason why I married you, Rachie. But I tell you what, next year is going to be a bad year to be a prideless privy one because I'm want to be playing lots of golf and there's nothing you guys can say about it. To Bill Anderson, my friend and mentor, thank you for being Thank you for believing in me before the numbers did, for your honesty, for your patience and your guidance, and your path when things weren't clear. You help shape my career but also my character. To my teammates, coaches, support staff, has been a privilege.
Speaker 4: Sharing reressing room with you.
Speaker 5: You make the hard days manageable and the good days unforgettable. Cricket is a team game, but more than that, it's a people game, and I've been incredibly lucky with the people I've gotten to be around along the way. I've learned that not everything in life is in our control. I train my best, but then it's all up to Allah and all as the best of planners. If he wasn't, I wouldn't be here right now. This game humbles you. It tests your patience, your resilience, and your character, and if you're lucky, it teaches you gratitude even on days that doesn't go your way. A'l humbrella always. I hope I've inspired many children along the way, particularly those who feel that they are different, those who feel that they don't belong, or those others tell that they will never make it. I felt all these things growing up and trying to be an Australian cricketer. But seeing is believing and I'm here to tell you that you can do whatever you want. You've just got to keep trying. Never let anyone convince you that you can't, because if they do convince you, then you never will. I'm a proud Muslim colored board for Pakistan who was told that he would never play for the Australian cricket team. Look at me now and you can do the same. As I walk off for the last time, I do so with gratitude and peace. Where as we say it's Salaam, grateful for the journey, the people, the lessons. Thank you for letting me live my dream and for sharing it with me.
Speaker 3: And so those words from Uzi Quadra. You can watch the full press conference on on cricket dot com dot if you're so inclined, because it is a really engaging It was an engaging fifty to fifty minutes or so. But before he kind of made that speech, his family or you know, we're all kind of waiting for him to come in and I think not everyone one hundred percent sure if he was going to retire or not, or if he's going to declare that he's going on. But I think when we saw mum dad, he's two orders, his pregnant wife, his brother. I think there was a close friend in there as well. When they all came in with it, he's probably not going to play on and it's just invited them for the ride. But that was really sweet. And then those two girls, they must be three or four and maybe five and six. I want to say they were the most well behaved young children. They sat there the whole fifty minutes without making a peep. I thought, you know, absolute for a grade behavior from two youngsters. And then we got to see them kind of all embrace after it, and the two little girls got to sit up on the stage with it.
Speaker 1: Was he in.
Speaker 4: It was a really nice moment to kind of see that.
Speaker 2: I thought, definitely.
Speaker 1: And then afterwards the whole family went out onto the surface here of their CG. Got some nice photos in front of those famous stands sitting down on turf, and it had Adam Lewis, the curator looking over. He was busy at work in the middle of the SCG and he also can get off my lawn and he was also asked some questions today, Lou. Obviously there's a lot of interest in what's going to happen out in the middle. We had a look today at the surface. It looks very green, but of course we are two days out. And yeah, he said six mills is going to be the ideal amount that he's going to leave on. He's not going to be influenced by the results around the country. This has been the plan for a couple of months, so he's going to stick to it. And yeah, well we're all waiting with baited breath if that's the right move.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and as you'll hear from Todd Murphy, I think we all kind of want him to, you know, can we get that six down to five or four, or you know, can we can we give it a completely new nut shade. But no, it's and it's admirable that he's taking that approach, like he you know, what happened in Melbourne, you know, shouldn't really have a bearing on what happens here. And yeah, it's a really tough one. It's a tough one to kind of follow up. I mean, they've had challenges a little bit here, like it hasn't I wouldn't say it's been a great Test week. At the last couple of years. It was the lowest rated of the pictures for of the five for last year's brought to Gavasco it got a satisfactory rating. All the other ones got very good. It was a three day test here. You'll remember that was the one where Steve Smith. I think we all thought he was gonna get to ten thousand runs. He was only about nine away. And I think Rashi Kristen had got him out for in the nervous nine and ninety nineties the right amount of there. So, yeah, it has been seen friendly here and yeah, I think ideally everyone you know, cricket Australia would like it to go the journey. But yeah, there's not much that Lewis can kind of do at short notice, so you can't just all of a sudden prepare a new wicket. And yeah, you don't want it to be a reaction. I think, like I kind of think, tell me if you agree with this, Josh, but I reckon, like, you know, Curros might already be doing this. But I feel like the magic number is like can you get it to fourth, like late to day four, like if that's kind of what you aim for, and then you're building in some some leeway the way like if it's a really if it ends up being more seen friendly and the teams play more aggressively, maybe it only goes three days. If you get some rain or whatever, you push it maybe into a too a fifth day. I think that's kind of the magic number.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you're right, because if you're aiming always and of course everyone wants it to end in the final session of day five. But if you're aiming for that and you get it slightly wrong and it's going to be a drawer and then if there's rain again, so yeah, probably best to pull it back a little bit. But of course I've got no idea what I'm talking about. I don't know how to roll the wicket, let alone prepare or whole block of pitches. So yeah, it's an amazing work.
Speaker 2: What they really do they do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's I think a lot of the English journos come over here and they think it's very funny that we speak to the curators before every test and ask them how many meals of grass? And I think it's a respect for the profession that you know, we we value so highly what they're able to do, and we value Test cricket so highly, and it's it's such a big deal for each of these venues, each of the each of the grounds to kind of have a Test match and they want to be you know, put the put them cells on show. So yeah, fingers cross Adam Lewis can do that this week.
Speaker 1: With everything else going on this week, Louis feels like we haven't given any thoughts to the selection of both sides, but we've had a good look at training over the last couple of days. The entire asy side was out there today going through their paces. All the quicks had a bowl, all the batters for in the nets. Where are we thinking they might go with selection for the final Test.
Speaker 4: Always an interesting one.
Speaker 3: We're keeping a bit of an eye on Kevin Green earlier on he has been hasn't had a great series by any measure with the bat you know, would would you know? And McDonald Andrew McDonald in the aftermath of the Melbourne Test suggests that maybe that he didn't suggest, but he didn't absolutely guarantee spot. They weren't the words of someone who's nailed nailed in I would have thought his position would have been discussed, especially when you got a guy like bow Webs who's been riding the drinks all summer, sorry, riding the bench all summer and taking out the drinks that maybe you look at him for the SCG Test. He did hit the winning runs at this ground last year, and a fresh bowler in the I know we haven't had heaps and heaps of cricket. We've had two two day tests, and you know the bowlers are all kind of tracking well from what we hear is. But you know, maybe just having a fresh bowler and a fresh player down the order could help. You Know, it's a funny one, like is a bow websterit at seven actually more suited to seven than Cameron Green? And is Cameron Green's actual long term spot? Maybe it's that number five spot that that we know Quadras has got at the moment and has only got for one more tests. So maybe you could frame a twim in that that way. I hope Todd Murphy gets a run, Like if they and it will be pitched dependent, right, like if they play four quick, it's like all right, you know, strap your seat belts in, We're going for three days maximum, and then it's it's probably a Nissa verse Jy Richardson consideration for that third quick spot. Anything on the Aussie side, I haven't mentioned there.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I think there was a little concern maybe about how Richardson would pull up, but he only bold nine overs in the Melmon Test, which is hard to believe. But yeah, he bowled off his full round today, sent down a few off spinners. Yes, I saw that. Yeah, so that was a bit different. But he looks good to go, and I'm sure he can back up after a two day test. Brendan Doggat Again, he's around the group, so he'll be there and thereabouts. But yeah, I wonder if there's also the opportunity for let's say it is it looking like a Sam friendly pitch. Could they play Webster as the fourth quick and about him an eight or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and these are all the things they'll be talking about, because I think if it is a Webster at seven over green, then you know, you look at Michael NIE's spot. It would feel harsh on him, but maybe you can go, well, Webster can kind of give us seventy percent of what Nissa does with the ball, he's obviously the better batter, and then you go, well we can get a quicker bowler in there. Maybe that opens the door for dogg it because I think, you know, McDonald said after that Melbourne Test that Richardson he was really picked because it was a four man paid attack like in the three men attack with his his injury issues with his inability to throw as well over a longer Test match, could you know it could kind of be exploited a bit by England. Yeah, that's a that's a different conversation. So dog it's a hybrid of the two where he's yeah, he's got that pitched up, can swing it kind of option and then but then can also bowl, you know, one forty clicks and bowl the bumper stuff. So the more I'm talking about it, the more it makes sense that it's what dogged in for Venissa Murphy and for Richardson, Webster in for Green. I don't know that kind of all has a nice ring to it. It seems weird that they would I mean, they did lose this last Test, but it seemed weird that they make three changes to numbers between number seven and eleven and none to the top six right, because you know if you yeah, they got bowled out twice under two hundred, that's probably where the problems lie in that particular test. But it'd be hard to come down too hard given it's been a pretty successful series, albeit with some batting limitations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we know that they've made lots of changes between every Test match this series, which has been a bit unusual considering they've been winning. And George Bailey is a big fan of this show, so he will take your advice. I'm sure England have lost another fast ball, of course, Gus Adkinson. He's out of the series. Archer so's Mark Wood probably opens the door for Matthew Potts and that might be the only change for England. Jacob Bethel what a revelation at number three. Maybe they'll be wishing they picked him in a little bit earlier in place of Olipope. But otherwise they don't have a lot of other options as we've touched on to go to so it might be pretty stable side for the tourists.
Speaker 4: Was that another choice?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Olipope is the backup batter now, so can't really make any changes there. Matthew Fisher is the only other one not in the original squad, but he was brought in after I.
Speaker 2: Think after the word.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's interesting that that three fast bowlers have gone down. Three they're they're probably they're three leading bowlers coming into the series. You'd argue Josh tungu Wan leap frog all of them subsequently. But yeah, the three guys that they were probably highest on, you know, Cast might have been that fourth, that fourth kind of guy. He's ended up as their most certainly their leading We could take a yes, questions about his economy and everything, but he was brilliant and that second innings in Melbourne, and if you kind of look at all I think, if you look at all the numbers with Cass except for the runs conceded and the runs per over column, he's had an excellent series as far as visiting quicks goes. So yeah, so he's done pretty well. But yeah, the three others gone down, but they've only replaced Yeah, only brought in one quick to replace three injured fast bowlers. So you know, it's got to be Cast again. It's got to be Tongue who had an next Player of the match in Melbourne, And then it's got to be one of Potts and Fihote and Pots Yeah, like I'll be interested to see how he goes out here. Rob Key, their director of cricket, has been on the record about not wanting to pick kind of dibbley doubler bowlers who succeed in county cricket. There's lots you know who average in the low twenties high teens in county cricket every year that they could pick and you know, no a good first class bowlers and they haven't for the purposely going we need one hundred and forty kilometer an hour guys, and pots is you know, Pots I think is more in the Nie of Bowland kind of speed range, and I think that's where it's important to have this distinction around the conversations and kind of point out and maybe a floor in England thinking like the conversation isn't one forty k or nothing, like, you can still do a lot of damage in the high one twenties, early one thirties, you just have to be really accurate. And Australia have you know two of their most success Yes, Stark is Starks a freak show, so like you're just not going to find out exactly so England can't find they don't have a Stark. They haven't had left arm fast bowler in years, let alone one who is as durable and as quick as as Mitchell Stark. So so you take him out and then the other successful bowlers have been your nieces and your bowlers. Matthew Potts seems like their best equivalent to those guys. So yeah, a bit of a mystery potentially by not playing him if they think he's their best that style of bowler long way round of saying, look, I think Matthew pots will probably play in Sydney.
Speaker 1: We know England have got their style and they've been keen to stick to it, so that's maybe why we haven't seen any deviation from that as.
Speaker 2: The series has evolved.
Speaker 1: But on just on the Brighton Cars stuff, across the whole series, the strike rate is at an all time low for an Ashes. Wicket's been taking every forty balls for the series, lou and the series with the next best in terms of bowlers is forty seven back in nineteen oh two. So this is mixed bess Ashes series and experts Ashes series. So this is an unprecedented series for the bowlers. Let's see if they can continue things here at the SAG. Day three will be of course the Pink Test Day or the Jane McGrady. You can buy your virtual seats at pinktest dot com. You definitely recommend you get on there and support a great cause. No longer just putting breast cancer nurses either, all cancer now so covering that off for getting to rural and remote areas another great cause.
Speaker 2: And this is the eighteenth year. Can you believe that?
Speaker 1: Eighteen years it's been running now and it's getting stronger every year.
Speaker 3: And you know, I can only repeat the words from the highest office in this country. Anthony Albanezi begged the two teams at Kurribilly House to get this get this game into day.
Speaker 4: Three, so brilliant.
Speaker 3: Cause love seeing this place lit up in pink on day three. So yep, we're getting there. Josh, have you got your pink shirt ready?
Speaker 1: Not yet, but I've got something in the works hopefully, so yeah, okay, what do.
Speaker 3: You mean in the works showing it?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, no, nothing pink yet, but hopefully we get to day three and we get to both wear something pink.
Speaker 4: Look forward to it.
Speaker 3: Mine will be getting onned maybe pretest.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 1: Another man who will be hoping this test goes into day three and beyond is Todd Murphy. We caught up with him a little earlier today and this is our chat with the Victorian spinner. All right, we are sitting in the members pavilion at the SCG, two days out from the fifth and final Ashes test of the summer, joined by Todd Murphy. Happy New Year mate, What did you do for New Year's Eve?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Thank you, happen to you to you guys. Well, we travel up from Melbourne News Eve and then they put on a nice little function up on the rooftop of the Intercontinental where we're staying. Made it to the nine o'clock fireworks, didn't quite get through to midnight, but that was a nice view across the harbor and lots of kids running around and how all the family are there.
Speaker 6: That was a nice night.
Speaker 1: And then we get to this special arena, the SCG.
Speaker 2: Have you played a lot here?
Speaker 1: What are your memories of this place and what do you think about when you think about Ashes cricket here at the SCG.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've played a few shoel games here, not heaps.
Speaker 7: I think I played two or three and then obviously been a part of the Sydney Sixers for the last four or five years, so he played a lot of TEA twenty cricket out here. It's always been yeah, great fun and because theres always a nice atmosphere around the around the ground. Yeah, ashes cricket at the SCG. It's a good question. What do I think of there when the.
Speaker 6: Old boys all retired here?
Speaker 7: Yeah, there was a couple of them in the one game one there that was good memories. And then yeah there's been I suppose some yeah, some big scores made here, not ashes cricket, but pups three hundred.
Speaker 6: Yeah, some good memories there.
Speaker 1: And then another retirement as well this week. We've just heard this morning usmun Kuai is going to call it quits after this Test match. What's he been like as a teammate to play with.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's obviously been a phenomenal career. He's sort of been in another side for the first part of his career and then come back in and had a great finish to his career. So yeah, since I've come in, he's been great. It's obviously a really calming influence and happy to yeah, give some feedback, but in a really constructive way. So yeah, he's been really good to bowl to learn off. And yeah, it's nicest to be around a guy who's quite calm and doesn't let the occasion get to him. So yeah, it been a great career and obviously an awesome way for him to go out of here.
Speaker 3: We know you grew up on the New Chaffals Victorian border and I'm going to ask you in a second whether you know whether you're a Victorian or in New South Welsh And I noticed you got asked that yesterday in the press conference, but can you before that, could you just kind of tell us about test cricket memories growing up, Like we you we go to the s CG for games.
Speaker 4: Did you go to the MCG? What was or did you just watch it on TV?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: A lot more on TV, but if we ever went down the MCG, obviously a lot closer. It was only about three hours to Melbourne and about eight hours to Sydney, so I never come to a creer game at the SCG as a kid. But yeah, memories of cricket growing up back home was just summer of cricket, Like grew up in a house full of cricket. Dad was heavily involved in the local career club. Have an older brother who I sort of just followed his footsteps the whole way and was everywhere he was around cricket during the So yeah, mad cricket house and always loved it.
Speaker 3: Okay, New South Wales or Victoria, what's the push and Paul being like over the journey.
Speaker 7: No, I'm definitely a Victorian, but yeah, I do have a little tied to New South Wales and my family is still all back there now.
Speaker 6: But yeah, definitely a Victorian right And.
Speaker 3: For the like the pathway stuff when you're out in the bush, I've always been interested, like would you be able to go to you know, if you missed out on the Vicks because you go to the border and.
Speaker 7: Try it with the blue Yeah. I did all the way up until under fifteens. I did the New South Wales and Victorian Pathway. So played Riverina for the News of Whales stuff and we'd come to Newcastle for the Bradman Cup and all that sort of stuff. So played I reckon three of them and then played all my junior rep stuff for Northern Rivers and same thing it sort of got to the point where it was just it's going to be too hard from school level to try and get down to Sydney for state trials.
Speaker 6: So it was always a lot easier.
Speaker 7: To get to Melbourne and was a part of the the Victorian country under under seventeens under nineteen.
Speaker 6: So yeah, from I think.
Speaker 7: Fifteen, sort of Parke New So Wales be school is gonna be too hard and yeah, went down the Victorian path and.
Speaker 3: Surely the fact year old man played for St Kilda like that was you know, you couldn't go anywhere else.
Speaker 6: Right, and that was yeah.
Speaker 7: Like I think growing up I sort of always had aspirations of well, that's what I want to do is go place in Kilden. I thought that was sort of yeah, that was going to be the best thing I could possibly do. So I was, yeah, chips in on trying to get down to Melbourne. And yet you mentioned Dad was there, so it was nice sort of following his footsteps and go down there and yeah, try and play some first leven cricket and then push on from there.
Speaker 1: In terms of straddling that side of the Victoria New South Wales board, I know Aubreyl Dongo has a bit of a rivalry.
Speaker 4: Is there the same thing as Chuko Miami heavy rivalry?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 7: Definitely the forty teams don't play against the other, but the cricket definitely do. When Yeah, that's always the highlight of the year you can beat a Chuka. So yeah, always good memories there.
Speaker 3: Let's fast forward to this series Todd, where I mean you spoke about in twenty twenty three, you're part of the Ashes squad and you saw Nathan Lyon go down at Lords and you knew that you were probably the man in right, How did it transpire this time when nath went down?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I suppose sort of the same thing, like when he goes down here, you obviously gutted for him, but then your head goes to, well, what can that potentially look like for me? And yeah, I didn't really know exactly where I sat in terms of the pecking order for spin bowling and.
Speaker 6: What they were thinking for the last couple of games. But yeah, I.
Speaker 7: Suppose you're aware of I played the last Aussie A game, so I thought i'd be around the mark And yeah, it's nice when you get a call and I sort of say we want you to come and come down to Melbourne and be a part of the group again and get back around it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, pleasing you were straight back into that squad for the Boxing Day Test, which, as a Victorian and representative, is your home test match. Was that a bit gutting to miss out on selection there?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I think when you got when I got the call and my head sort of went to MCG Boxing Day Test, like how amazing that would be. But I think when I got to the MCG, walked out and had a look, I was pretty quick to realize that maybe not. So it wasn't like it come as a slap in the face or anything. When Dodd has told me that I wasn't playing, I was sort of yeah, I was able to read the room a little bit and yeah, awhere if what was going on out in the middle and what it might have looked like. So I would have obviously been an amazing game to be a part of. Growing up A Boxing Day Tests, I think the pinnacle for all Australian cricketers and especially being an ASHES, so that would have been incredible to be a part of.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no qualms and then what's your gut feel ahead of this one.
Speaker 1: We're two days out here, there's already a very much a grand tinge to it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a good question.
Speaker 7: I actually like sitting here now, I don't really know, to be honest, the conversations have been sort of around that and they're not really exactly sure what we're going to get and how it's going to play. But yeah, my job is just prepare to play and make sure I give myself the best chance if I do get selected, to go out there and do well. So yeah, my head's in that frame at the moment, and then wait to see what decision they come to and yeah, if not, then support the boys the best I can. And if I do, then yeah, awesome.
Speaker 3: Can you talk to us a little bit about the journey from twenty twenty three where you know you've played in the series against India, had done really well, got vir out out a bunch of times, and then really held your own in that Ashes series too, the journey with your.
Speaker 4: Bowling from then to now.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think I was I said it, Yes, I think I was aware that obviously had those opportunities and understand the fact that like back in these conditions and a lot of places around the world that you're only going to need one spinner to be a part of it, and Nith obviously wasn't going anywhere and all that, so I understood that I was back to Shieldgriget and I had to try and work away, which was I think the best thing for me as well, to go back and sort of be able to work away in the background a little.
Speaker 6: Bit, and yeah, try and keep evolving.
Speaker 7: I was only twenty three the last Ashes series, so I felt like I still had a lot to learn and develop. And yes, it's been a couple of years of just trying to learn my craft and help contribute to Victoria and try and win games for them as well. So yeah, it's sort of been just along that journey, and then there's been some nice opportunities along the way with some Ousia akrig It a little bit accounting cricket as well, Just to try and get experiences in different conditions and try and just keep evolving my game in different parts of the world.
Speaker 3: And kind of going, yeah, thinking of those different conditions. I heard you played in that or you speaking about that Ace series in India at the start of this summer talking about your sweating so much you couldn't grab the ball.
Speaker 7: Can you talk to us about that. I'd never experienced that before at all, but obviously that's the time of the year. It was in India, super humid, and even the Indian boys were struggling, so I knew it wasn't just me. But yeah, just with the amount of sweat that was coming off you, you couldn't get your hands dry out, your pants or wet. Your shirt was wet. The towel you have on was wet within a couple of minutes as well. So yeah, it was a learning experience, a challenge to try and find ways to keep your hands as dry as you're good. So yeah, gave yourself the best chance of got a good grip on the ball. But yeah, it wasn't easy. It's definitely the first time I've encountered that. And yeah, just trying to find subtle different ways to hold the seam, and yeah, still be able to try and put as much for it as you can on not without that feeling of you've got a great control over it.
Speaker 1: How is it bowling with Corey rocket Charlie in those matches, because you know, you sort of both know that you've it's a dress rehearsal, wasn't it for the next to Nathan Lyons? So how do you go about maintaining your composure and that relationship with your teammates spin bowler.
Speaker 6: I think a cricket's been super for that.
Speaker 7: Like it's sort of you go away with different guys and you can bounce things off each other, and I think when you look at it, like you separate that sort of stuff and you sort of try and work together and hope that one day you're back in India playing test with it together and try and build that relationship early and throw different.
Speaker 6: Ideas at each other.
Speaker 7: We've obviously got different strengths and different weaknesses, so just try and bounce that off each other, and yeah, have open conversations around what he's trying to do, what I'm trying to do, what we see the.
Speaker 6: Batter is trying to do.
Speaker 7: And yeah, I think we compliment other quite well in a different sense as well, so you can pose different challenges to batter. So yeah, it's definitely like in those A series you're not over there and worry about the doing well and all that sort of stuff. You're trying to work together and Yeah, work out what's best works for you and how you can help each other.
Speaker 1: And I suppose we spoke about yesterday your flexibility and how you want to get more versatile in different conditions to somebody who hasn't seen you play a lot, and it will be if you do play your first Test in Australia. What would you say are your strongest attributes has spinner?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'd like to think I've got a good game sence and understand sort of the tempos of the game. And I think that's quite important as a spin bowler, trying to read sort of the situation of the game and what a batter is trying to do. And yeah, I think I've just got enough subtle variations there without changing too much that I can sort of pose different questions to batters. And yeah, it won't always look the same as what I suppose Nathan is with just his best ball the whole time. I might be slightly different and try a few different things, and yeah, just try and get a read on the game and try and yeah, just throw different things at the better.
Speaker 3: Can you tell us about the shoulder problems you've had told and what Yeah, when did they kind of first come up, How did they affect your bowling and how have you kind of been able to overcome them if you have.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was sort of just at the back end of that Ashes series when I had a massive, sort of twelve months, and I think going into that Indian series, I've only played four or five first class games, so I sort of I probably wasn't physically ready to have a big amount of Test cricket. Obviously it was awesome to get the opportunity, but it just, yeah, it's sort of come to the point where it was just workload and I just bowled a lot across that twelve months and.
Speaker 6: It sort of just caught up with me a little bit.
Speaker 7: And yeah, I had some tendon damage and some instability in my shoulder which was just sort of affecting the power I could get out of it. And obviously being a spinner, you've relied pretty heavily on your shoulder. So yeah, it was a challenge, and especially like twenty two twenty three, I probably had never been through anything like that before, and you want it just to be a quick fix, and you want to feel good again, and you don't understand why it's happening, and why it feels like that. So, yeah, it's just about I suppose, yeah, letting it take its toll, and I understand it might take a little bit of time, but invest now and hopefully I can put it behind me moving forward and be able to cope with the difficulties of playing a lot of four day cricket in five day creat because that's what I've always wanted to do. So yeah, put in some really good strength work and a lot of different rehab stuff to try and get it to the position where it can cope with long format cricket. And it's still Yeah. Now I'm still working through it. Still do a lot of rehab for it and get a lot of treatment through it, just to try and give it.
Speaker 6: The best chance of getting through games.
Speaker 3: Is it the biggest challenge you've had, Todd, Because we looked at it. You mentioned you made your Test dabu off not a whole lot of first class cricket and have gone from strength to strength otherwise. Yeah, how has it been your biggest challenge?
Speaker 7: I think so, And I think it's just when you've had a taste of playing Test Creek, you desperately just want to get back there as well. And then back through shield cricket, trying to navigate through a little shoulder issue and wondering why it wasn't feeling good, why the ball didn't feel like it was coming out of my hand how I wanted to, and probably getting a little bit frustrated with myself in that sense. So it was, Yeah, it was difficult, but I think a really important learning as well. And I was lucky that Victorious spored me really well. Bucky Rogers, Dave Passi were awesome through that period and just said we want to give you a chance to step away and get it right. Don't try and chase through the pain, and go and get it right. And we know we can get you back and try and get your back bowling the best you can again. And it feels like over the last sort of twelve months it's been that way.
Speaker 1: So you played six Tests in twenty twenty three. One of mine during memories of that actual series was you with the bat hitting Mark Wood for a couple or three sixers maybe at Leeds. Can you talk us through that particular moment of play because he was bowling gas in that match.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was the last Test at the Oval.
Speaker 7: Ye I don't think I would have employment Leeds that was absolutely rapid, but I always enjoy batting, so yeah, I think we're a little bit behind the game there as well. So it was nice to put on a good partnership with Paddy. I think it gave us a little bit of a first things lead as well. So I think it's Yeah, as a bowler, I know how frustrating is when tail enders can make runs always trying Yeah, put price in my wicket and yeah, try and contribute as much as I can.
Speaker 2: Calling yourself a tailor and there are you.
Speaker 7: Oh definitely, Yeah, no doubt about that. Come foot number ten or eleven. So no, that's my role.
Speaker 1: And is it true you were a medium pacer yourself before you started a bowling spin.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well back to that last question, like I was sort of a medium pacer that always thought I'd be a left handed batter for autralia've ever played, Yeah, never thought I'd be playing as a bowler. So it's funny how things do evolve. But I think like a lot of kids just sort of you grew up you want to be a fast bowler, and then you work out at a certain point that maybe that's not your best best go, So yeah, I reckon that was sort of fifteen or fifteen sixteen sort of, yeah, put that to the side, and he was never going to take me anywhere.
Speaker 3: I've heard Craig out you spin mental tell this story that he was watching you bowl at a at a Pathway trial. He was there with his son Bendigo, and saw your mucking around bowling offspin and goes, there's your best off spin to the coach.
Speaker 4: Do you kind of recall that that.
Speaker 6: Happening, Yeah, briefly, I do.
Speaker 7: I remember that that session, and I sort of always tinker with bold spin and the nets sort of from fourteen I reckon where I was like, I couldn't be bothered bolo medium pace all the time on those hot summer nights, So yeah, always tinker with it. And then I do remember that that was sort of yeah, first sort of brief introduction actually working away a little bit at it, and I didn't really know who how he was at that stage, but yeah, got the feedback that, yeah, Craig thought there was something there, and I was like, oh, that's quite interesting. Sort of went away and kept tinking with it a little bit, but still kept bowl medium pace. Sort of in games and that sort of stuff, and then I reckon It was the next year after that that I moved down to Bendigo to play cricket where Craig was captain the Sands Criet club and got a full year with him before I went down to Saint Kilda, just being able to Yeah, I was only training down in Bendigo sort of once a week, maybe twice a week every now and then with school and all that, but just getting that constant I suppose work with him and just sort of yeah, learning off him and what he was seeing and thinking, and yeah, that's sort of where my I've spin sort of started.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, can you count your lucky stars a bit?
Speaker 3: Going, Like, you grow up in a reasonably remote part of the world, not just Australia, and you know in your backyard is this world class spin coach.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is pretty cool and I guess that's yeah, one of the beauties of the country is like Craig saw someone there that I thought was worth working with, and yeah, he was so giving with his time as well at that stage and just had a real passion for spin bowling and wanted to see everyone that could do it. Give it a good crack. So yeah, one hundred percent like to have someone like that only an hour away from me was super lucky. And then it sort of was funny how it worked, like ever since I started working with Craig then he was sort of the spin consultant for the pathway stuff for Cricket Australia, so throughout those national carnivals was still going to chat to him, and then under nine M World Cup he was around. We had a lot of little different trips to the MRF camp in India where he was there as well as a spin consultant. So yeah, it was sort of just one of those ones that seemed to just align really well and build a really good relationship over the last ten or so years to Yeah, we was help so much.
Speaker 3: Can I specifically about this year that the work he did with him in August? Can you talk us through what was going wrong and what you did to fix it.
Speaker 7: There was probably just a couple of things that was creeping in when I was over in County Cricket wasn't loving how I was bowling, and it just sort of felt that I lacked a little bit of energy on the ball and I didn't know why, because I felt like my energy within myself was really good, and it just felt like sort of the end product wasn't exactly where I wanted it, and sort of was chatting to Craig the whole time I was over there, and he was just throwing a couple of things at me, and I was looking through it, and it's a.
Speaker 6: Bit different over there. I didn't have access to.
Speaker 7: Review my footage, so I was sort of trying to go back and watch YouTube live streams and that, but it was quite hard to sort of get the right angles of what we're trying to work through and understand that. So yeah, when I got home, it sort of just worked out that he'd finished up with Sri Lanka as well, so he was back in Bendigo, and yeah, we just chatted and worked out Sunday that was going to work, and I just got got in the car and drove to Bendigo, which was only two hours from home, so that wasn't too bad. Went down the Sunday morning and it was literally only an hour an hour and a half of work that we just tinker with a few different things, some alignment stuff and just trying to get all my energy directed the right way and just get my arm path coming back through where we wanted it to. And yeah, it was sort of an hour of hour and a half of work and just some vision stuff and then it was sort of back onto me to go back to Melbourne, back to big training and sort of be able to drill the stuff that we worked on there. And yeah, it felt like from that point onwards, I sort of was back to what I was doing. I felt like I was in good positions again, and I felt like I had the energy back on the ball that I sort of was looking for over the last sort of yeah, year and year and a bit. So I think back to what you said before around my shoulder, It felt like I was maybe just over compensating for the lack of power at a time where I was trying to create it in different ways, but that got me into bad position. So now that I trust that, I've done a lot of the work to get myself back to a position where I feel like I'm physically strong and can do all the stuff with my shoulders. Okay, what have you sort of gone away from here and how can you just get back into better positions and trust that, Yeah, you're sort of you're going to have the power in the right spots.
Speaker 3: That's really brilliant. And what was all this done? Like in a synthoet?
Speaker 7: Yeah, just at Santas Creer Club back where where we both played. And yes, one syntho net with a Craigate his iPad out and a bag of balls and just yea bawl into an empty net and yeah, just sort of back to real basics, but sort of just rediscovering, yeah, what it was. And that's probably the biggest thing that I sort of get from Craig is he's sort of known me from when I started to where I am now, so he can see those small little things that have changed that maybe I don't even feel, so yeah, that's been the best part of it.
Speaker 1: Who else, Obviously Craig has been a massive influence on your career. Are there other spin bowlers who or particular coaches who have had a big flint on youll career?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I've been really lucky sort of everywhere I've went, I felt like I've been around a really good spin bowl in the senior spin bowler as well. So when I first stepped into the Victorian set up, had Johnny Holln there to work with, who obviously played a bit of test create but a hell of a lot of first guys forgetten. He was really good for me as well, and probably more learned off him the tactical side of the game and how that looks and what he'd sort of do approaching games and approaching different batters. So yeah, it was really lucky to work with him. And then the last couple of years he's been doing some coaching at Victoria as well, so I've been able to keep that relationship which has been awesome. Yeah, my first taste the Sixers, I had Steve O'Keefe here as well, so from white ball point of view, was awesome to be around him and learn off him. And then ever since I've been around the Australian set up, I've had Dan v Toori there as well, who's one of the best spin bowls to play, so and obviously Nathan Lyon. So been super lucky in the environments that I've been into that I've had those sort of guys around, So yeah, it's always great to bounce ideas off those guys who have had the experiences and seen a lot around the world.
Speaker 6: And yeah, just learned off them.
Speaker 1: And I can't say I've ever seen Craig bowl in his days for Victoria, but according to his online profile he's a leg spinner. Did he ever try and convince you to bow leg spin in your early day? Now?
Speaker 7: So when I was playing with Craig, he was an ospiner right at the end of his career. So he started as a young leggie and from all reports, a beautiful leg break, and then I think he had similar sort of he had really bad shoulder of stuff where he went through some surgeries and now I don't think he ever rediscovered his best with legspin, so then he reverted to ospin. I think he was quite close of playing for Victoria as well as an ospiner. So yeah, he's obviously I think that's what makes me a really good coach as well. He's got sort of both aspects covered really well, and yeah, can sort of. Yeah, he's really really coachbought to different guys, So yeah, he was a really nice off here when I was playing with him as well. He made some country career that to looked quite silly.
Speaker 1: Apparently the emergence of a young leg spinner named Shane Warren didn't help his So yeah.
Speaker 6: To take a back seat.
Speaker 3: What about off spinners around the world Todd like, who do you or who have you looked at in the past, and who do you kind of other bits of their game that that you try and take.
Speaker 7: I think it's you don't have to look too much further than Eith And I think sort of the thing that you look at him and what makes him so good is just his adaptability around the world and it's not changing much. It's sort of he's just found a recipe that works for him and he can go to any conditions. It can be day one on a green wicket or day five on a spinning wicket in the subcontinent and he'll be ultracompetitive. So you don't have to look much further than him, But yeah, you're always looking at a different spinners, like love to watch an Ashman bowl and all his sort of saddle variations, and then even as close back as Simon Harmer in the last Test series over in India, Like just watching a guy like that who's he sort of hasn't played a hell of all international cricket but been dominating first class cricket for a long time, and to watch him go over there and do.
Speaker 6: That sort of stuff.
Speaker 7: It's it's always great to watch and just try and I suppose understand different trends of the and what Ospin's trying to do at different different stages in different parts of the world's really important as well in my learning.
Speaker 4: I think it.
Speaker 3: Felt like we went through like a thing with off spin, like maybe ten years ago, like everyone wanted to buy like ademail, right, and you had to get that flex in your elbow and push the push the limits, and you need to learn how to bubble boozer. But yeah, you're almost saying that lines Naith is just kind of simplified things for emerging offices.
Speaker 6: I think so.
Speaker 7: And I think you look at a lot of the best bowls in the world, like even the quicks that we've got now, like Paddy and Half and that, like they don't change overly a lot, and they're just so good at repeating the same thing and just asking the batters to make decisions off their best ball. So that's sort of been I think the biggest strength has just been he's always challenging the batsman's defense and it's always in the game. And when you're doing that over a long period of time, You're always going to get your rewards.
Speaker 1: If we just bake up again to the start of the year the Sri Lanka two. Are you headed over there? But then you finish the tool with only one test? How did you sort of how do you sort of reflect on that, knowing that you would have been hoping to obviously play both.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure, you're going over there and you want to be able to play a role.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think it was no different to anything I've sort of said before, Like it was obviously awesome to play the first Test and be back in the group again after a sort of a year and a half out, so it was great back around it. And then yeah, you get left out in the second Test, but that's part of it, and I don't think my mindset sort of shifted from that at all. It was just, yeah, I still want to keep developing my game, and I know I'm nowhere near sort of the finished bowl that I can get to, So it was just, yeah, I suppose once year get left out of sight, it's like, Okay, I've got still plenty of stuff to work on. So back to Shield cricket, back to finish in that season, in Shield cricket, and then off season you keep working away and you're trying, yeah, give yourself the best chance of the next opportunity you get. Hopefully you're in a better place of with your bowling than where you were when you played your last game. So that's sort of how I approached it. And yeah, there was no issues there at all. It was, Yeah, another good opportunity to go to a different country and learn and yeah go from there.
Speaker 1: And when you head over there to beat India or Schlanko, maybe a grand in Australia that spins a lot. Do you get excited by that opportunity or is there that extra expectation that people think, oh, well the spin is going to dominate here. How do you sort of balance that expectation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a good question. I think that's definitely a challenge at different times. But yeah, obviously you're super excited. It's always nice when you see the ball spin and you know you're in the game. But then there's, yeah, there is that added responsibility where it's like, okay, all these are your conditions. Now it's your chance to go and win the game. And you don't get that overly A lot in Australia. So it's when you do get those opportunities around the world, you want to make the most of it because you know that the next one might not be too soon. So yeah, there's that added responsibility and pressure. But I think the excitement overweghs that and you go, oh this is awesome. I want to get in the contest and try and see what I can do.
Speaker 4: Todd.
Speaker 3: We're hoping Adam Lewis gets on his lawn mower over the.
Speaker 4: Next day or two. I don't know a word to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah you not get on the mower yourself, and yeah, shave a bit of grass on it so we can.
Speaker 4: So you play this week of the s A J talk all the best if.
Speaker 6: You, Thank you boys. Cheers m
Speaker 1: H.