Speaker 1: It is the pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch rushing to Chemists Warehouse now to get a half price off the Nature's Own Vitamin range. It excludes bulk sizes Chemists Warehouse, great savings every day.
Speaker 2: How do we all feel about a bit of PDA?
Speaker 1: Oh, I love it, public display of affection for it.
Speaker 3: I'm pro PDA and heaps of other letters, but I'm pro pidio.
Speaker 1: It wepends like if you're going to town on a park bench out in the front of a bask in, Robin's like, grow.
Speaker 3: Up, Oh yeah, you're not going to third base. Kissy kiss or a hold, a handhold or.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I always thought that I was partial to a bit of PDA. I always thought I had no problem with it. Thought I quite enjoyed a bit of PDA.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: I was at for dinner the other night with Matt, and we were sitting across from each other, not touching each other, having a lovely night because we love each other. And I look over to this other table and it's a group of eight people. They're like all couples of friends that have gone out together. Yeah, and there's two people who are obviously a couple in the middle of the table and they what are.
Speaker 1: The whingers like that?
Speaker 2: That's all it was like, stop pointing those things out.
Speaker 4: It was pretty much what they were doing. They were making out so hardcore at the table. All their friends were just sitting around them, chatting as though it was completely normal. And it wasn't just like a normal makeout. It was like an opened mouth makeout at eight o'clock at night on a Friday in a nice restaurant, completely absorbed in their own little world between the two of them and their friends were acting as though it was totally normal.
Speaker 3: Question, Yes, were they on the edge of the table or were they like smack bang in the middle and the sea was parted.
Speaker 4: Like, No, they were on the left side of the table, but they weren't completely on the end.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like they'd gone and rearranged.
Speaker 4: They were just sitting like he was on the head of the table and she was on the corner of the table, and.
Speaker 2: They were making out.
Speaker 1: The questions maybe was he choking and was she tried mouth?
Speaker 4: Was mouth to mouth she was trying to wrench it out with her tongue, But all, honestly, that's too much it.
Speaker 2: Went on for about like it went off for about five minutes.
Speaker 4: They came up air and they'd go chatting to their friends again, and then they'd go back out. And I had this moment where I was like, am I too old now? Or is this too This is too much? I am not okay with this level of Peter.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, I think it's too much. If I'm in a friend circle and there's a you know what, it's nice because all PDA is is a way of you going I love you. This is me showing a level of affection that is okay in a public space.
Speaker 2: This is my person.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's what PDA is. Kissing and like sex acts is probably meant for indoors.
Speaker 4: Well no, I mean I had a problem with it, and Matt did not care one ioda. He was like, Laura, I do not know why you're so hung up on this, Because he loves a bit of PDA. I don't think I'm approved, Like I think, I think I'm pretty much okay with it, But I do wonder if you're sitting at a table with all your friends and you're macking on throughout the whole.
Speaker 2: Of dinner, why what are you trying to prove to your friends.
Speaker 3: Why did you come out with your friends?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: You come out to socialize If you're just going to go and make out, go out to a dinner on your own, dark bar, get the corner.
Speaker 2: Mac On.
Speaker 1: I have a hot take. I think the correlation between relationships that don't last and really intense PDA is closer than we think. I think couples that show really crazy PDA, like you've seen Laura, never go the distance because it maps out they've got great, hot sex life. They really connected in that realm, but they don't have the other aspect, which is being able to be in a conversation, share their time with friends.
Speaker 4: This is what I think I reckon and I've done my research on this. I came out of it and I was like, surely there's more to this. I think if you are going to that level of PDA, you have nothing to talk about, and the sexual chemistry is so strong that you can't fill the void with words, so you have to just lock lips. Now, Okay, there are some research that came out of the Journal of Sex, and it's suggested, well, there is it's a real thing.
Speaker 1: You've got that your glove box.
Speaker 4: I'm got in my handbag right now that there is such a thing as performative PDA, and now basically performative PDA is maybe you're insecure in your relationship, or you're jealous when you're out with your partner, you're worried about them, like looking at other people or whatever.
Speaker 2: So it's a way of like my looking your territory and really being like this is my man or my woman. And PDA is put on, but it's not because you're so in love. It's performative.
Speaker 1: Alright, I agree. Maybe their love language is physical touch.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's their only love language, yeah.
Speaker 1: Or tongue touching. Is that someone's physical touch.
Speaker 2: Or just everything touch?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: In public? Full stop? All right, next time they pick up Marcia Heines from Australian Idol and a brand new production of Greece