Speaker 1: The Rising Conquer Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded, the Yugen Bear region. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and terrest Raid Islander peoples today. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcast. It is your host, Georgie Stephenson, lawyer turned entrepreneur, business owner, all the things. Guys. I am so bloody excited to be back in your ears. I know we had some bonus apps and I did a couple of mom episodes, but we are back to normal scheduling. You probably would have noticed this, but the potty also got a bit of a facelift, a new vibe. We haven't had a proper episode guide for six months, so we thought we're bringing back the podcast. There's going to be new branding, a bit of a new vibe, and a new schedule. Before I tell you about that, let's do a bit of a life update. So you could probably tell from the intro, but I'm a new mum and I've just come back from maternity leave. So I had Ivy in November, our gorgeous Ivy Sunday, and yeah, I've just been looking after her, easing back into work. And to be completely honest, I had to make a bit of a decision with the podcast because last year, I'm not gonna lie, I didn't give the podcasts like a lot of my time. If we're talking work capacity, it probably got ten percent of my time. And as much as like I love the podcast, I love my girl gang on here, it was just not in my parity basket. But I loved doing it, so you know, I kept it going and me and Jamie were working hard to still keep it there, but like, I wasn't giving it the most love and attention. And then I had Ivy Girl, and I had a bit of like an epiphany epiphany. Oh my god, is that the word a tear? Epif a knee? Also, guys, a tier is across for me. She is the new potty marketing manager and you might hear her sometimes because I'll ask her how to pronounce things. Oh my god, guys, I get so many reviews saying I don't know how to pronouncing, So this is great. So the epiphanmy, I was like, I need to decide if I'm going to continue the potty, because if I'm going to do it, I'm not putting ten percent into it, Like I've either got to go hard or we have to retire the potty. And so I sat with this for weeks and clearly we know what I've decided. I just decided. I was like, it is like my ultimate passion project. You guys know, I think the biggest thing that I feel called for, you know, if we want to get deep straight away, what I feel like my life purpose is is empowering other people, specifically other women, to know their worth, to go after what they want, and to feel to live a life sorry that truly feels aligned and that lights them up. And I was like, I can't quit the potty. I love the potty, So the potty is back. I'd had to really justc that. I was like, I need to put in more effort and love and we need to take this seriously. Guys, We're back. We're better than ever. You may have noticed that we have a new kind of scheduling, and so basically what it is we have two episodes going live. So we've got a Tuesday episode, which is what you're currently listening to. We are calling these episodes Knowledge is Power kIPS if you must, kind of reminds me of KPIs. Oh my god, I'm getting like PSTD from my law job with KPIs PSDD. Thank god you're here it dear, So knowledge is I got so. So Tuesday's are Knowledge is Power episodes. Basically, we're gonna pick a topic and we're gonna get super juicy, you know, think like self development, relationships, building your dream life, basically like my solo episodes. And then we are also going to release a potty on Friday, and this is going to be a fun new segment called Georgie's Hotline. So it's going to be a bit of more laid back, a bit chilled where I'm going to give my unqualified but very enthusiastic advice. So keep it fun, keep it light, heighted, keep it entertaining. If you've got a life question, if you're at a crossroads, if you need advice from a girlfriend, jump into the rise and conquer DMS, not mine, because mine our shit show Rise and conquer DMS. Put your question and yeah, you could be on the hotline. It's all anonymous, so do not stress. Juicy are the better. So that is our new scheduling. And then also before we actually get into the episode, I do want to just hype the potty up because we crossed a very special milestone. We have now each six million downloads. Guys. That is it's huge, and I'm just so honored that you guys continue to listen with all my mispronunciations and laughing. You know in my episodes you've stuck here and you clearly share it with your friends and family. I'm just so appreciative of you, guys, and I cannot wait to bring you some more or some content this year. Also, one last thing before we get into the episode, I promise you we are there soon. You may have noticed we have a new tagline. I did say in our intro this podcast is for ordinary people doing extraordinary things. So for the past few years, you guys know, I have been really aligned with the affirmation no one is you and that is your power. Still love it, still my favorite saying ever. But you know with a potty facelift. We've also gone bit of a new quote. So the reason why we picked this is because I'm just your everyday gal and I've done some pretty awesome stuff pat self and shoulder like flex and I just want you guys to know through this podcast, through the people we interview, we're gonna have some really inspiring guests. Is it is possible for you too? And never put anyone onto a pedestal because if they can do it, you can do it too. So I thought it was just a really really unique, fun little tagline that we're going to add to the potty because that's something I really want you guys to you know, feel into and to believe. All right, guys, we're bad to get into the episode. Honestly, it's the worst when your team grows because it's like two against one now in the office and a tear and Jamie are making me do the Spye challenge. I don't know if you guys have seen this, It's probably not the best challenge to do on a podcast because you're literally like just gonna hear disgusting burps. Basically, the point of the challenge is for me to drink a whole sprite bottle without burping, and don't worry. We're filming this so you guys get to see it. We're trying to make the body a bit, you know, fun and entertaining. So I don't actually know if this is gonna be fun and entertaining or just gross. But let's see how it goes. All right, guys, are you ready? It's like a tear is like shaking it up. I'm actually not the biggest fan of sprites. It's kind of just tasteless. So aim of the game. Drink as much sprite as possible without burping. Easy. I'm also just not really good at like drinking things fast. Could never be that person whose goales things. No, I can feel bubbles like building up. But fine, you watch I won't burn now and then the whole episode I'm gonna burt. I also just say, it's so much sushi, so this is just not a good combo. I literally don't feel like I need a burb at all. I feel so sick. What finish? Finish it? Alright? A dear? Okay, Oh no, it's coming, it's coming.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna work?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I feel so sick. I'm gonna record a whole episode now, I know, but I'm just trying not to burb. I just need to like relax. Do I actually have to finish the bottle? Oh? No?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Like I vomited? What is happening? What is it?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 1: I reckon, I got like halfway. I'm like, the second life smell is like bride and sushi. That is disgusting. Idea the ship you guys, maybe I'm like so hot now, Oh my god, if my mom listens to this episode, she's gonna be like disgraced. All right, guys, let's get into the episode. This episode is a shit show and I love it. All right, Guys, today we are chatting life resets or refreshers. So I know it's the middle of the year, so you might be feeling a little bit burnt out, like you've lost that spark. Maybe you just don't have the same motivation for your goals that you did at the start of the year, or maybe they've even changed, or maybe you feel like you're just going through the motions. Life feels a bit mundane and you're just feeling a bit med. Well, this episode is for you, So guys, we are shaking things up. I know I need this episode, and I'm gonna get you to really think about what is happening right now, and I'm going to give you some tools to reignite that spark. Also, because I love you guys so much, this episode has a matching mini free ebook. You know, I love my ebooks, and it is filled with a bit more information. We go deeper than what I'm chatting about in this episode, and then all the journal prompts I chat about this episode plus more in that ebook. So if you're listening to this episode and you're like nodding your head and you're like, yes, I want to reignite my spark. I want to go deeper into this. I will even link in the show notes and you can go download that. It is fully free. It will just get emailed to you and you can go from there. Also, it is a like seven day challenge, So it's a really great accountability ebook and we will be doing the challenge together in the Facebook group. Come and join us. It is just Rise and Conquer podcast community on Facebook. Yeah, so the link will be in the show notes. When I think back to the first time I really had well, I really needed a big life reset was back in twenty eighteen. So to set this scene, this is when I had quit my law job. So I had come to a crossroads where I knew, well, I kind of knew that even after doing six years of study, four years of work in the field of family law, it just wasn't what I was meant to be doing at that moment, and it just wasn't fulfilling me. And I just had this like burning desire that I was meant to do something different, and it was like over there, and I had come kind of come to this crossroads where I was like, if I don't go and figure this thing out, I just I know I'm going to regret it. And at this point, I had my Instagram, I had a small community. I loved creating content, but honestly, there was not too much more than that. It's not like I had Naked Harvest or my ebooks or any other source of income except paid partnerships with brands, which is not necessarily something that is a long term option. But at that point, I just knew this was the right thing to do, and I just it was a heart desire. You guys know, I chat about heart desires, and it honestly wouldn't have made sense to anyone else. Like, imagine telling your parents after six years of study that you're like quitting law and gone off and doing social media and you had, like, you know, land in an amazing job. I had a grad position. Imagine telling Mama did that bit? I knew I had to follow my heart, so I did it, and it paved the way for everything I have in my life now. Obviously it was so scary at the time, but that was not actually the step that caused a reset. It's really funny because that decision that like following my heart then really opened the floodgate for what would be resetting my whole life. So yes, quitting a safe corporate job was a reset, but it's what happened after that was most interesting. You See, previously quitting I would sometimes listen to my intuition. But this is before my like I really got into my spirituality. We could say before my spiritual awakening, but that's a whole other episode in itself. And it was like, really before I started believing in a lot of the core topics that we chat about in this podcast, I kind of knew what intuition was. I was kind of following it, but there was just a lot of noise. So I think we all know, like when we're in our twenties, especially at the start, like I was partying with my friends a lot, doing a job because you know, getting the approval of my parents, like just trying to pay bills, like not necessarily like listening to my intuition and really like listening to my heart desires. This huge decision of finally listening to my intuition really sent a signed to the universe that I was ready for more. I was ready to live in alignment. And also, guys, just like a quick side note, so when I'm talking about alignment and heart desires and purpose and intuition, if you're a long time listener of the pody, you would know these terms. But if you don't, if you're new here, hi, hello, welcome to the show. So all this stuff that I talk about, so even when I talk about your desires, everything that you desire is important and warranted, and that is going to look so different to you and to me and to anyone else, so it could be on a completely different level or scale. When I talk about intuition, this is something we all have, whether you listen to your intuition or you've shut it off. It's something we all have. And when I talk about purpose, this doesn't have to be like an almighty purpose. I truly believe like my purpose is empowering people, mostly women, to realize their full potential and go after what they want. Your purpose could be so many things. It could be being a great mother. It you know, you could be the mother who raises the next prime minister sort of thing. It could be you know, purpose of sustainability, or literally anything big or small. I'm not talking about you know, when I talk about my heart desires, it's not like this huge thing. It's honestly the little things. Sorry, back to the story. So I had made this huge decision which was very intuitive me and it was a shift into alignment and it was honestly then the catalysts. So I remember quitting my law job, being at home creating content, but something just didn't feel right, like something was missing. And this is when I started journaling. And I also started going on one big walk every day. So I was working from home and most days I wouldn't leave the house. So this walk with my puppies was like getting out of the house and on the walk I would meditate. My meditating at that time was literally just putting on meditating calming music, and walking. I'd often put on ocean noises because I actually used to do that at work to try and drown out the office noise and get work done. And I found that noise to just be super comforting. So I'd put on ocean noises and I would just continue to write in my journal stuff like something just feels missing, something feels off. I'm happy with my decision, but like I need to know what's next sort of thing. And I know I knew something good was coming. I just I had no idea. It just felt super super foggy. And I kept working, I kept journaling, kept like, you know, just doing life. And it wasn't until one day I journaled this entry and I remember this so specifically, and this was like the journal entry would have gone something like this. I thought I loved the city. I often told people my dream would be to live in an apartment overlooking the botanical gardens walking to work, which would have been like, you know, my corporate office job, wearing cute Q corporate outfits, if you know, you know, Friday drinks on Brisbane City River. You know, even though I had quit my job, I realized that I still really identified with that person, and I only believed that that was the person I am because I had created that person through like a projection of what I thought I wanted. And so if we really get to the crux of it, you know, I did law because I wanted to impress people, because I wanted to make my parents happy. I did enjoy the actual sub but it's not like that felt like my calling. And then I created this whole person around my law degree. So I'm a city girl. I love wearing Q corporate outfits. I love you know, Friday afternoon drinks, et cetera. And for the first time journaling that I had like realized that I had created this whole projection of what I thought my life had to be going off you know, other people's belief and basically trying to please other people. So then for so long after that, I was just journaling the most simple things like what actually brings me joy, what do I enjoy doing? And you know, where do I see myself in five years if I like strip everything back and I just do things for me, like where do I see myself in five years? What do I enjoy doing? And this kind of brought up the answers. Actually, no, I remember. It was this journal entry where I was like, when was the time that I is felt pure joy? And it was like just for no one but me, and I honestly could not think of a time going back until I was a child, Like I couldn't think of a more recent time than when I was a child, and it was when I was at the beach for my family, because we would go on holidays every school holidays to the beach. My family was a beach fan, and I just remember those are probably just my best memories, just playing at the beach with my brothers. And also at that point, my brother had just moved to the beach and I just had this like light bulb moment where I was like, I can't move to the beach because you know, that's what you just do on holidays, Like you can't enjoy yourself every single day. And basically I just had this light bulb moment of oh my God, like I have this thing in my head that I can't be, you know, the person who moves to the beach because I can't enjoy myself every single day, even though I knew, you know, a daily beach walk would be my source of long story short, really going off on a rent. Yeah, but basically that's when I realized that I could move to the beach. I could actually have that beach walk and find that bit of joy that you know each day and you guys currently know I live at the beach. I go for a beach walk every single day. And that's like just such a strong example of Yes, obviously, quitting my corporate job is just such a huge life reset, but it then really was the catalyst to the next life reset, which was moving to a different city and really slowing down. I used to be such like a even though I'm a very busy person, I used to be like so fast paced, you know, a city life, and now I live at the beach with my family and things are so different. So I know that was like a very extreme example, but you can see that when I was in Brisbane and I was living my life life on the terms of the goal of being you know, a successful family lawyer, city life, even when I had quit that job, I was still stuck in that identity and I think it's really important for us to like ask what current identity are we stuck in that is not really ours? Like are you currently doing things a certain way? Maybe it's a routine, maybe it's the way you dress, where you live, but you've just done it for so long, or maybe it made sense previously because you had, you know, picked a certain goal, you had projected that you were supposed to be this sort of person, and maybe that just doesn't align to you anymore. And so it's like about asking yourself, do I actually identify with my current life or is it something that I had picked and really paved for a previous self. I know, that's a huge question. Wow, there's also some smaller question in the ebook to really kind of get you to that point. And like my biggest advice, even if it is the tiniest like niggling feeling, and if it's not clear but it's intuitive feeling, don't push it down. I pushed it down for so long. I knew, probably two years ago before I actually cut my corporate job, that that was like the right thing to do, but I just like I could not get to that point. And it's fine because I truly believe that, like you know, everything happens for a reason, and I that wasn't my time. But I think it's really really important to be listening to those little feelings because they are often the you know, the things that are bringing you to the big, big parts of your life. And my biggest takeaway from that part of my life is just really following the joy can like will just never be wrong. For me, it was following following a memory of joy that I had as a child which led me to where I am now, and also just knowing like that the simple joy of being able to go the beach walk every day, like that's what changed my life. Really. So another big life reset I had my life was actually when I was having health issues back in twenty twenty. So this is when me and Tim were trying to conceive. We weren't getting pregnant, and I started to look into my health and basically I found out I was very unwell, which didn't make sense, but it was just I think it was a long time coming because I had felt unwell, but I had just honestly ignored it, and I think I had felt that way for so long I just got used to it. So I went on this journey of figuring out that my breast and plants were making me sick and I explanted them, and I also had a miscarriage at the time. It was a very intense, sad time of my life. But during that time, I had a completely reset and like honor where I was at. So I'm someone who loves to work out for my mental health much you know, identify with the girl who works out. I love to sweat, I love a physical challenge, and most of the year, most of that year, sorry, I had to stop doing what I loved to look after my health health. I had to really like honor my healing journeys. Sometimes a reset can mean like reprioritizing things. So even if it's not the end goal for me, stopping the working out and slowing down wasn't ideal because that's like both things is something that I love, but I needed to honor where I was at. I was super unwell. I needed to slow down and really like listen to my health. And I've spoken about this a lot, but this is such a prime example where a season of reset was important. And maybe this is something you're going through where you need a season of reset. So I personally believe trying to balance life is ridiculous, and especially if you want an extraordinary life. I just don't believe balance is something you can have all the time. So, for example, if you are starting a business, it's in the startup phase, it's going to be grueling. You're going to have to put a lot of energy into it early mornings, late nights, and that is not going to be sustainable forever. But honestly, I think that's necessary at the start of starting a business, and it's just you know, something you have to do. But then you might shift and you might start prioritizing different things once your business gets to a point where you can spend less time in it. And that's just an example of what a season is. So another point of asking yourself if you need a life reset is what season are you currently in? What are you prioritizing? Does it make sense with your goals? Do you maybe need to switch up this season? So, guys, this then brings me to my latest life reset. I feel like a lot of people listening to this party now can relate to this, and this is the life reset of having my gorgeous girl Ivy Sunday. I sure don't need to explain to anyone what a huge life reset having a child is. Honestly, I had two years to prepare for it, as it took Tim and I a year of trying to conceive and then almost a year of being pregnant. But I still was not ready for it, because it's just it's so huge. I can't even explain it. I feel like until you go through it, you just you can't even articulate it. But having a baby is, honestly, it's like a death of your old life. I remember the first two months after having Ivy. Even though I was so beyond happy to be a mum and so grateful, especially Ivy's mom, I'm just so in love with her, I just can't but I still had to grieve my old life. This really kind of brought me to a place where I had to reestablish a lot of things in my life. And this is something to think about. Do you need to re establish some things in your life? So, for example, do you need to re establish routines and habits. So before Ivy, my morning routine was long. Oh my god, it was so good. I would go to gym and then I would journal and I'd like sage the house and have my coffee and write down like you know, like business ideas, listen to a podcast, and then I'd like roll into work and then it would be fine because I could just work late in the afternoon. But with a baby, you just you have no die. All these practices are still important to me, and I remember when I had Ivy, I somehow had to figure out how I was then going to fit Ivy into my life, you know, like how I was going to do gym, how it's going to meditate and journal, because these things are so important to me. And so you know, I've got to a point now where I work out before she wakes up, and I often do a meditation on the drive to work. And I've had to reshuffle things around. And it was not by choice. It was because I had this huge life reset, but it was necessary. And I think for a time there, I almost just was hesitant about this because I was very stuck in what I was previously doing. I think it's really important if you have come to a new stage of your life not to get stuck and not to think, oh, but when I was at this previous job or with this previous person, or you know, whatever it was. I used to do things this way and it was better not to get stuck in that and going, Okay, what's currently happening in my life? What's important that I want in my routines and habits. It's how am I going to fit in now? And have a bit of fun with it. Like I tried to not be negative with it, and I was like, Okay, I don't love getting up before in the dark, but I guess you know, I'm getting shit done. I'm gonna work out before Ivy wakes up. And even though meditating in the car is not ideal because I'd love to just be sitting still, it's like it's the only fifteen minutes I've got, so that's that's what I'm gonna do. I also like, actually a big like reset with Ivy two is I had to re establish like my dress sense, so I actually wrote a post about this on Instagram. I went through this stage where I had been dressing for pregnancy for so long that after Ivy was born, I was like, I don't even know my fashion sense or what I like wearing or like what feels good on my body, and I had to go through like this whole journey of that. Some things I did with that was like I created a Pinterest mood board and I was like, what, you know, fashion sort of styles do I want to try? And then I went to Zara and just like try it on a whole bunch of things. And then I was like, Okay, these styles kind of like work good with my body right now. So that was like kind of like a reset that I had to go through. And again that was like not being negative about it and just being like, Okay, it's new. I'm going to take it as it is and try and see this as a positive of I get to completely re establish my fashion sense. Still not there yet, but trying. And then like with Ivy, we me and Tim had to totally reset and re establish our relationship and how we spend time together how we previously used to do. That just is not possible with a baby. So look, we're still kind of working on that, and I think I'd love to bring Tim on the potty to chat about, you know, a relationship after a baby, because it's just a whole other ball game, but that's something we've had to re establish. I also had to like decide what work projects I wanted to content you and what I wanted to say no to and also like to be completely real to you, real with you. Sorry, I had to establish how I find joy. So like having a baby as rewarding and great as it is, I think we can all be real here, real here, and it's kind of lame, like you can't do exciting things like you dude before. Oh my god, I'm so sorry if I'm offending anyone. Previously, my life is very fast paced. I could, you know, just pick up, I could go to Melbourne, I could do certain things with work. I could do things last minute. You could, you know, friend could call you be like do you want do dinner tonight? You're like, yeah, sure, let's do it. And with a baby, you just like you can't just like leave the house obviously, and you can't just leave like I can't be like, oh tim, a gulfriend wants to do dinner tonight, like see U. Like if I want to do something like that, I have to plan it like two weeks ahead of time. And so having a child, it can and especially when you have a newborn. We like Ivy was a colic newborn, so she cried a lot and it was honestly so stressful to be in public, so we didn't go on public at all when she was a newborn, so we just spent most of five weekends at home. And I had to like really re establish and reset my standards around that to get to a place where it's like I was content with doing those things and now like the most simplest thing, like if I get to on a Friday night, have my favorite takeaway and watch selling Sunset without I'd be waking up uninterrupted, like that is goals. That is like, oh my god, this is the best thing ever. And like you're probably thinking, that's the lamest thing. I'm so happy with that. And I had to like really work through that, and you know what, guys. Another great example is this episode. So this middle part is actually on a completely different day as the start. You probably tell because oh my god, the intro is like chaotic. I was doing like the Sprite Challenge. You can tell it's different because there's no birthing in this. It's so chaotic. And we went straight into recording this reset part and I had back to back meetings, I had super hectic day at work, and we recorded it in the afternoon. We had people coming in and out. People were like laughing, We're telling people to be quiet. My brain also just wasn't working because it was the afternoon. And then, like compared to how I used to record episodes is I would wait till I felt inspired. So usually this was like on the weekend, on a Saturday morning, I wasn't working. Team was at golf, the house was quiet. You know, maybe I went for a beach walk or a swim. I probably did some card pulling, meditating, coffee, all that sort of thing. And then it like this like inspirational episode would come to me and I would just like jump on the mic. Because I used to record at home, I would never script anything. And then you know, I have We've done the potty studio in the NHH warehouse, and I've realized that it's like I've got to change things because obviously I can't just wait for inspiration because we're putting out episodes every week for you guys. And obviously I can't just wait for a Saturday because those Saturdays don't really happen anymore with you know, a baby. And so I'm now realizing that I have to re establish how I get creative and how I feel inspired. So I actually woke up at four thirty am on Saturday morning and I had like my inspiration for this episode and I had to kind of like write it out and get it like really really perfect so then I could come in and record. And that's so different to how previous me did things. But I'm having to make it work with IV and I'm having to, you know, re establish how I do things, and that's okay, I'm doing it okay. So my loves refreshes and resets. They're so necessary. My three examples, you know, some are a bit extreme, some are small, some are big. It can look so different to everyone at different times of your life. But I think the main thing is knowing that we are constantly growing, we're constantly evolving as people, and sometimes we kind of get to this point where we don't realize that we had been out of alignment, you know, for quite a while, and we kind of have to find our way back. And I think, like, if you're feeling stagnant, if you're lacking joy or just things aren't feeling right, it's probably time for a reset. If it doesn't, it doesn't have to be anything crazy like, don't listen to this episode and then go quit your job. You know, well you can, you definitely can, and then come jump in my DMS. But it doesn't have to be anything crazy like that, like you know, quitting your job and moving to the beach like my example. I think it's important to know that simple changes like constantly. It could be changing up your morning routine. It could be finding a new hobby. It can be deciding to spend more time with someone or less time with someone. Maybe you're realizing that, like you know, someone is draining your energy. It can be something so small. But I think the biggest thing going through life is life is meant to feel good. Yes, we go through struggles, and if you're currently in one, I'm thinking of you. I am sending love. Make sure you honor yourself in this season and be kind to yourself. But life is meant to feel good. And if you have lost your spark, it is probably time to shuffle some things around and get it back, and it's probably time to do a bit of a life reset and take action. No one can change your life except you, And like I said, we're always changing, we are always evolving, and that's amazing. I think sometimes we can kind of get in this like attitude of it's a negative when we have to reset or find a new habit or you know, refresh some things, but it's actually such a positive thing. And I think we are definitely creatures of comfort.
Speaker 2: I know I am.
Speaker 1: But if we can kind of, yeah, create this new habit, create this kind of positive thing, and continue to change and evolve, that's amazing. And I think also realizing that your previous self and how you used to do things, it probably served you, like at a certain time. And so if you're kind of like looking at your life and you're like, holy crap, I'm doing things that just don't really serve me. I'm so out of alignment. Don't don't get down on yourself because I guarantee you you did that for a certain time, for a certain reason, and that's okay. If you are feeling overwhelmed, please don't. It's like start small, Like I said, if you're really resonating with this, a great start would be downloading the ebook. Because I've put a whole bunch of journal prompts. I did want to include more in the episode, but as you can tell, this is a long episode anyway, So I thought I'll just tell you about my resets and when I kind of realized I needed to shake things up in my life. And then I thought I'd give you a free little mini ebook so you can go and journal and find your spark again. And guys, just remember, as long as you're listening to your intuition and your heart desires, you cannot get it wrong. Okay, guys, so we're back. The episode is back, So chaos is back. Chaos is back. A Tia is jumping on the mic. She like helps me with the episode. So she has just listened to me recording this episode and she's got a couple of questions that she think will be helpful to you.
Speaker 2: Guys. My first question is you spoke about your reset with Ivy and how you had to reshuffle certain things like meditating in the car. How do you know when you're chasing your tail and trying to fit things in that shouldn't be in your schedule anymore, versus actually doing a proper reshuffle and knowing that you still need to meditate but finding a different time slot for it. And how do you manage that feeling of like sort of running around in circles when you're reshuffling.
Speaker 1: So I this is a great question. So a big thing with this is obviously knowing what's important to your habits. So I actually stopped meditating for a couple of months after Ivy was born, and I think without meditating, I realized how much I needed to put it back into my routine. So I was like, I need to, even if it's not how I used to meditate. So I used to meditate like sitting still, you know, in the house sort of thing. And now I literally meditate as I'm driving, so I'm not closing my eyes, but I'm just like, you know, trying to not put thoughts in my head. I have I do a mantra meditation so I say word anyway. So I think I stopped doing it. I honestly stopped doing all my habits, and I just realized which ones were really important and that I had to fit in. And even though it's not ideal how I do it, it's better than nothing.
Speaker 2: Did you feel like you were chasing your tail when you first started? Yes?
Speaker 1: Have you figured that out yet? Still going through it? Yeah? So I kind of wighed up, and I'm like, is this actually going to give back to me today or am I trying to tick something off a box? And you've got to ask yourself out because honestly, sometimes it's like, if I try and put this practice in just to tick it off a box, I don't think it's actually going to give back to me, like if that makes sense. So there are times where I'm just like, I just can't even deal with this right now, and it's probably the times I need to meditate the most. But you know, if for me, it's got to feel right, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Cool. And when you spoke about leaving your law job and that whole refresh and that it took you two years to build up the courage to do it, was the feeling that strung the whole time? Or did it get stronger over time and you were pulled more and more? But how did that work if you were resisting it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the feeling built up. So I remember kind of thinking, oh my god, I don't want to do law, but then going, oh, but Georgia. You know, like this would be a conversation in my head. It would be like, oh but Georgia, You've just done six yearslf study, Like just try it. See how you go. Maybe what you're doing now is a law grad, maybe as an at like an actual layer, maybe it will be better and you won't know what too you try. So I'd have like this conversation back and forth, so I always had the feeling, but then I would then have a conversation with myself and push it down. And then also the pinnacle point of when I quit was when I had finished my peer So I kind of gave myself the ultimatum of, all right, you can quit, but you've got to finish your pot so if the next thing doesn't work out, you can come back and at least go straight into being a lawyer, not you know, come back as a law grad or what not. But yeah, it built up over the time, and I remember towards the end, I just was like I had completely checked out. And then honestly probably wasn't good because I probably wasn't the best employee, to be honest, but I had completely checked out and I knew, yeah, I knew long before amazing, and I had just kind of given myself a timeline of I know, but I'm going to work until this day sort of thing.
Speaker 2: And do you regret that?
Speaker 1: No, I don't regret anything a tea. Actually, there's probably a couple of things, no, because like I think I also just at that point of my life, like I just needed to have that time. And I'm a big believer. Yeah, Like I just don't believe in regret because I think that needed to happen in that way.
Speaker 2: Last question, you spoke a little bit about balance and how you can't always have balance, Like when you start a business, your balance is going to be out of whack. Yes, seasons, Yeah, how do you get to the point where you know, Okay, this season is now up and it is time for me to re evaluate what I'm doing and where I'm putting my energy into. And maybe someone's trying to juggle a few too many things because they think that that's what they need to do at that time. How do you know when that season is at an end? Now?
Speaker 1: Oh, I love this question. So when that season is no longer serving you? So I feel like, especially I can really see the point in Naked Harvest where you know, the extra hours I'm working and the grinding I'm doing is no longer really pushing the needle for that much. And it's kind of like I don't actually have to work this hard. I'm just not that don't have to work this hard, but it's like it's not necessary anymore. And you know, I was sacrificing things like my relationship, my health, and it just got to the point where I was like, Okay, I need to switch things up because it's no longer serving me as a whole self. Maybe serving naked harvest, but it's not longer yeah, serving me as a whole self because I'm having to sacrifice you know, time with tim, my health, you know, late nights, that sort of thing. So ask yourself, is this still serving me? Because also a big thing with seasons is it might just be going into a season of all right, I've got to focus on some other things. Then going back to that season, you just got to give yourself some time before you burn out, before it just gets to a point where you don't want to do that thing anymore. That question is thinking, guys, a tear might pop into the episodes moving forward. I hope that cleared up any questions. Guys. Okay, guys, thank you so much for listening to my first official episode back. I'm going to love and leave you. Oh wait, before I go one final announcement, so the project will be coming back. This is my Rise and Conquer project. It is my seven week self development and manifesting course. So this is a course where I teach you my formula that I use anytime I want to attract something new in my life. It's how I've manifested everything I have and the reason I've been able to kind of like quantum leap through life and you know, achieve certain things over the years. Like I say, I'm just an ordinary gal and I'm obsessed with self development and basically I've been perfecting this formula for a very long time. So I give it to you guys in a course. It's a seven week cause. The testimonies and what people have done after completing this cause is in stain, and we've had thousands of people completely change their life after they have done it. We haven't had a live round in twelve months. Were coming on twelve months because obviously pregnant, had my baby girl, and I did promise I would bring it back. I did look at my calendar and this year is just like hectic with Naked Harvest and some you know, other personal brand stuff that I've got going on. But I just I did tell you guys, I was going to bring it back after twelve months. So we are going to do one live round this year. That is it. It's all I've got time for. But I just, oh my god, it's my favorite thing to do, so I'm going to make sure I can fit it in, so we will be bringing it back. I don't have specific dates. Yeah, please, just you know, listen. I'm sure you'll hear about it. But I just wanted to give you that because I've had so many dms asking when the next live round will be so very bloody exciting. All right, guys, I'll be back in your ears on Friday with a Georgie's Hotline episode Our Fast One. We've got some We've got some fun topics to chat about. Bit random, bit fun, bit entertaining, but guys, remember to do something extraordinary this week. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer Podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing, And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.