Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Friday show.
Speaker 3: We were asking what is the oldest of blands you haves?
Speaker 4: Actually my sisters. She has a refrigerator that she purchased when she got married in nineteen seventy six.
Speaker 1: My wife has just received from her father teasmade that makes the best cup of tea in the morning.
Speaker 5: It's around the nineteenth thirties Radio General Electric Radio.
Speaker 3: I remember that lovely lady called in about that real old fashioned wooden the BBT, one of those old fashion radios that we grew up with.
Speaker 2: Didn't you receive a message during the show from pantsying the caller of the week thousand bucks?
Speaker 6: He goes, I don't believe that story one bit.
Speaker 2: No, I just said she said it had Did she do show? No, I said she the lady, our lovely caller.
Speaker 6: Said that it had FM or something on it.
Speaker 3: Well, she said she listened to our show on this old technical Yeah, an analog.
Speaker 6: That's not possible.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well, I said, in the thirties is what I meant.
Speaker 3: Well, she didn't say that. She said it's from the thirties. But I still listen to you guys on.
Speaker 6: This yeah, right, yeah, but maybe she's right. They would have to have an FM dial on it to get this radio station. Take your thousand dollars back.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't mean to take the money off. Don't join her, don't go over to the old wish side.
Speaker 6: I don't know why we don't have more fact checkers on this show. I always say.
Speaker 4: It's not.
Speaker 2: Everything must be verified and authenticated. All right? What is the oldest appliants you own?
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Hey, Christian, Glynn Thomas here ready, and broadcasting of the FM variety start to the late thirties. So the story checks out, Thank you, GT. If Glenn Thomas knows what you don't know about fram and frequency modulation ain't worth no guys.
Speaker 2: So there we go.
Speaker 6: Thank you Glynn. That's the kind of factor I want working on the show. Can you contact him?
Speaker 2: Your hours are your hearts six to night Monday Friday. Thank you very much. All right?
Speaker 3: What is the oldest appliance you own? On nine four one four one O four three, Hailey Anne?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Christian? How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm goodly?
Speaker 2: And what is the oldest thing you own?
Speaker 1: Then? The old hand held electric beaders.
Speaker 4: I've had him for a million thirty odd years.
Speaker 2: The older the egg whisk for cakes.
Speaker 4: Yeah well yeah yeah, the ones you pop out and give the kids to eat the cream off of, and all that.
Speaker 6: Memory.
Speaker 2: You're right, always the best Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: The best thing I use it for now is making my snot block shame for it to be wasted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but look, you know that's progress, isn't it. You know? Leanne, thank you very much and.
Speaker 1: Cool, it's not a problem. I was talking to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Deb, good morning.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 2: We're good? Deb, a lovely long weekend. What is the oldest appliance you own?
Speaker 5: It is a National microwave oven from the seventies.
Speaker 2: Wow, we hand it down from your mom or no?
Speaker 5: No? So I bought it six months before I got married so that i'd know how to use it to become a good housewife and mother. It is huge, just about the size of a small oven, like.
Speaker 3: Some of those values obviously brought in the seventies as well.
Speaker 2: And so what does it still work now?
Speaker 5: It absolutely does. I use it every day.
Speaker 2: Wonderful still being a good house drive got on your house?
Speaker 1: Cost me?
Speaker 5: It cost me six hundred dollars and I paid off, paid it off over three years.
Speaker 2: Six hundred dollars in what year seventy seven? But that's one like three million or something.
Speaker 7: Now with information by a pot of land like a fog for the hat of Australia, then that's unbelieval even now, that's expensive and you got ripped off there. This is the future, debb, This is the future.
Speaker 2: All right, Debbie, thank you very much. You call you, take care.
Speaker 3: J and you when I see my wife to pat the microwave and go get get good at this twenty fifth wedding anniversary.
Speaker 2: Come up, it's not too late to upgrade. Haven't upgrade? Oh I don't know the im leave it on your bedside pit. My brother in law wants for Christmas.
Speaker 6: Do you know what he got his wife? An ironing board and a new iron that is grounds for divorce.
Speaker 2: Come on, people aren't doing that? Come on, Jenny, Hi, Christian, how are you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm good, Jenny. You had a great long weekend. What's the oldest appliant you own?
Speaker 4: Belong to my father who's passed away about thirty years ago. He was in the Merchant Navy from I don't know he was from the UK and Kent and it's just big radio scene that's got two silver handles, one on each side. Weighs a ton and you can pick up different countries with it. So he had it when it was that he was on the ships all right, So it's.
Speaker 3: They could hear sort of different shipping frequencies and different ships.
Speaker 4: Yeah, plus pick up normal radio stations and stuff from overseas.
Speaker 3: I probably would have heard this radio station to a hide and see a special war with fest off air ear Williamstown. I'm several hemispheres away, but I'm getting on the line.
Speaker 2: To be lucky still.
Speaker 4: I'm going to send you. I'm going to take a photo and I'll send it to you.
Speaker 6: So Jenny, you can use it now to tune into a radio station in New Zealand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't blame you, I mean around, I get it. We won't take it personally.
Speaker 4: Pretty sure he used to listen to the stuff from the UK on it as well.
Speaker 2: Wow, you could have been listening to me back then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, not back then, I don't think anyway.
Speaker 3: Heavy on the fact checking today, we that's that's a good thing, I think, Jenny.
Speaker 4: It's got to be at least ninety years old, because Dad would have seen ninety a last year they had.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, no no, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 6: Please please Jenny, thanks for being on poker.
Speaker 2: Jenny. You have a good wait. Thanks you calling.
Speaker 4: Thanks bye.
Speaker 2: I'm going to ask you in the air break. You're going to ask you in the air break. What was the question? By the way, that's good okay, Brad, good.
Speaker 1: Morning, good morning. There are you going?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we go, Brad. What's the oldest supplies you own? Mate?
Speaker 1: I've got a clock from Iteen eighty four, which has been handed down to through generations to firstborn sons from my great great grandfather who played cricket for Victoria.
Speaker 2: Is quite perfectly, does it?
Speaker 1: Yes? It does.
Speaker 6: Has the clock got something to do with him playing cricket or you were just big enough?
Speaker 2: Or did he win it?
Speaker 1: No, he wanted He made one hundred in the first innings and he went out for eighty nine in the second innings and it would have been the first ever two centuries in the same match if he got to one hundred in the second innings, but he didn't. So they thought we'll give you a clock.
Speaker 2: Is that clock? Give him that and I took my.
Speaker 1: Dad for his seventieth birthday down to the mc seed and we did a tour of the the museum and stuff, and we took the clock to show them and they were just drooling over it and there was nothing discussed something of that generation in there. It was. They were just amazed. They wanted to put it on display. And what did you say, Well, I said, if you bring our bring forward out see see waiting lists and give us our membership, well we'll sort it out. We'll get it in there that they wouldn't.
Speaker 2: It's a fair trade. It's a fair trade. Brad, thank you very much to give us a good showing your story. That's incredible.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast