Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast for this week's What the Fact.
Speaker 2: Is, What's Done?
Speaker 1: That is a little segment where we well judge your fat.
Speaker 3: What the fact baby?
Speaker 1: What the fat baby?
Speaker 3: Golfish have a better memory in cold water than they're doing warm water.
Speaker 1: Fascinating.
Speaker 4: In the movie The Martian, when Matt's stuck up there and he's trying to survive, he's counting the souls. That's because the son actually has a name, and its name is soul. The character from Paul Kelly Soul to her door, who's making his way back to his family is the same character who nine years.
Speaker 1: Later is in jail writing out to make Bravyes. Fascinating.
Speaker 3: All right, those are some of my favorite ones on my last week nine four one four one oh four three. Good morning, team, Christian. Did you know that every monkey I have ever seen was with my own eyes? Jack Bost from Seventh Morning, What have you seen with your own eyes? On nine four one four one oh four to three? Eye Witness Christian. Also, certain monkeys can learn signed anchorage and use it to communicate.
Speaker 1: Better than their own sounds and signs. This is true.
Speaker 3: I remember seeing a documentary about the experiment in the seventies with that monkey called nim Chimpsky where they taught it signed language. Yeah, if you look it up, you see this, this big documentary they did. All right, so some of what the facts we've had, Jenny, what do we think about this?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 3: Jenny is saying that an eleven year old accidentally invented icy poles back in nineteen o five. Really, young Frank Eperson, it's in nineteen hundreds, name, isn't it. Frank Eperson left water and very lazy. Lot of these scientists back in the day, weren't they. You know, all these kind of accidental discoveries like penicillin from pastor. In nineteen oh five, young Frank Eperson left water and soda powder outside overnight with a wooden stir in the cup. Come on, you do the rest. Frankie boys off to bed when he discover.
Speaker 1: The mitcher had frozen, the epsicle was born.
Speaker 2: I mean, I wanted to be true, not as taste as icy pole today. Obviously, no, no sugar in there so so powder.
Speaker 3: I'm going to give that those fascinating Karen Lettuce is a member of the sun flower family.
Speaker 1: No no, missus got this.
Speaker 3: What do you think a group of cats is called. It's called a clouder, like a cloud clouder. I guess misty mildly interesting. Rich has got a good one. A graveyard is connected to a church. A cemetery is not fascinating. Graveyards are connected to a church. A symmetry is not rich fascinating. Leone's got this. Giraffes are the only animal that doesn't make a single noise.
Speaker 2: No true, And actually I know that because I'm teaching my son at the moment a lot of animal noises, and I often come across animals.
Speaker 3: Patsy put him in the sevens. We just found contender for Dad of the Year. I'm actually teaching my son a lot of what a flex straight into it. I'm actually teaching my I thought you were going to say something good, like basic maths.
Speaker 2: So you wait till you get to keep out and goes.
Speaker 1: I know all this already, Yeah done. I can hear an asolot about five k away west zebra.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to do. Yeah, whenever we get to the zebra, I.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, just did what's the noise?
Speaker 3: You're teaching?
Speaker 1: For a draft?
Speaker 2: Then, by the way, not to do I do like a long next sound like to say, is not actually this?
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 2: What else do you do for a draft?
Speaker 1: I think it was something like a nobody doesn't make a noise? So how do we know that? Though? A terrifying?
Speaker 3: Can we jump real? Jump on Google our giraffes mute? What else you got, Vanilla Ice?
Speaker 1: This is great?
Speaker 3: Vanida Ice took up professional jet ski racing after his ramp faded.
Speaker 1: And got to be ranked eighth in the world. Fascinating.
Speaker 3: Fascinating, And Kira says that metal can go in the microwave as long as it's round.
Speaker 2: No, I don't that sounds like a prank.
Speaker 3: She's playing on a dangerous one, Jack, a dangerous one with my very own eyes.
Speaker 1: Real, what have you discovered about mute? Girafts?
Speaker 2: Giraffes are not mute, but they do hum today? Thank you, mister draft.
Speaker 1: All right? Nine four one four one o four three. What are your facts? Leslie? Good morning, Good morning guys, Leslie, welcome to the show and welcome to What the Fact? What have you got for us? Mate?
Speaker 4: Thank you? Well. I my fact is on your car dashboard next to the icon of the petrol pump. There's a little arrow that tells you what side your filler is on.
Speaker 1: Fascinating.
Speaker 3: Once you know this, and only found out the last couple of years, it's a game changer.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows that one. That's the first facts. You didn't know that.
Speaker 1: I only found out the last couple of years.
Speaker 3: And then it's a game change when you're a higher car and you go into the server when you've got to return it, you see that little thing that is brilliant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Leslie, that is a good fact.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I only just found out. I've been driving for forty years and I was at the petzel station the other day in my husband's youth and I parked on the wrong side and I thought I'll buger it and had to turn around and move because of the pump, didn't you know? Reach And this guy came up. He said, I did you know that there's a little arrow that.
Speaker 1: Fascinating? We liked it, Leslie. Okay, thank you, right, don, Leslie. Let's go to Dashel.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Dashel, going through all the word radio now and yeah, very good Dashall.
Speaker 1: What's your fact for us?
Speaker 4: Did you know sea lions are the only animal that can clap to a beat.
Speaker 1: Oh, I like that. Fascinating. This is great. Why haven't they formed a band.
Speaker 3: An animal band, bass players all over the world and will probably be going to the to the Z.
Speaker 1: Try and replace the drummer.
Speaker 3: Fascinating, Thank you, thank you drummer. This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.