Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts. You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcast playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good morning Rio, good morning, Good morning Alex, Morning, Good morning Patsy. Some team members must think that we are stupid. There's a guy works on the show called Lockey Right, and he's a mega NRL fan. Suddenly, last night halftime I get a message from the team.
Speaker 4: Look, he's not feeling very well. Oh is that right? I bet he's probably like eight beers here.
Speaker 1: He's like, oh, this is going to be a good second half, and suddenly he's not well. He's also a major fan of the F one. It was the Singapore Grand Prix. Put that all together. Now, wonder he's not in today.
Speaker 5: He's feeling unwaiting, unwill Yeah, the timing was very peculiar.
Speaker 1: Late Sunday night, second half. I don't know. Watching a whole Grand Final last night, it was so exciting, it was incredible.
Speaker 4: Yeah did you watch, Alex?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 6: I watched every single scintillating, wonderful.
Speaker 1: Beautiful film. I'm really sorry for storm. It was similar to the story to the Grand final last weekend, where something happens at halftime one coach or I don't know what happens where the second half is completely different game. Yeah, how was that rank? With NRL ground finals the best?
Speaker 7: I reckon it one of the best by far, so close. Incredible game. It was the highest scoring first half ever in a Grand final, right, yeah, twenty two points NRL.
Speaker 1: Ground final I've ever seen. And I was going to watch the first half then go to bed because we were off last week, but it was too gripping. I stayed and watch the whole thing. And also I thought afterwards the players, so both teams spoke so well they.
Speaker 7: Did they did, and disappointing but really supportive of their teams and people like Race Walsh as well. He's an absolute superstar of the NRL. I'm trying to think here we compared to in the AFL, young, good looking.
Speaker 4: Very very good player Bailey Smith.
Speaker 6: Bailey Smith, yeah yeah yeah, and.
Speaker 4: Also similar personality and.
Speaker 1: Oh look at this, Bailey Smith's a bit of a flog And also, like Reice had a phenomenal Grand Final, Bailly Smith did not have a great Grand Final the way he was mouthing off in the second half. It was like, dude, you like thirty points down? What do you do your job? My favorite of the second half of the of the Cats Lions Grand Finals when it's headman, Now, tell me this. What do we all think about nighttime Grand Finals? And I know this is a really big topic, right, people get very upset AFL fans like it's an institution. It's always on a Saturday afternoon. I get that. But nighttime Grand finals TV wise do look better.
Speaker 4: It looks awesome.
Speaker 5: The nri O Grand Final music performance is lit better exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like there's an electric line in the air as well. Yes, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Even the half time show, which was just a DJ, looked awesome. It was just DJ Havannah Brown, who's famous from two thousand and seven.
Speaker 1: Maybe I was watching with an English friend of mine, right, who's a is actually a pe teacher. Okay, watch this on Mega School in Singapore, Singapore, that's where it is where there's three thousand students at his school. He has forty different sports coaches answering to him. Oh wow, great, he was watching. This is the first na L Grand Final he's ever seen. He's played rugby league in the UK to a high level, and halftime was like.
Speaker 4: What the hell is happening now? Oh, I'm it's a DJ for a bit.
Speaker 1: AFL one halftime is a random race between some of the players that nothing is no, like, it's not like a big thing, do you know? Oh and some and so one. Anyway, when we come back from the break and.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what why do you do that?
Speaker 1: Why are they.
Speaker 4: Dressed like that in tights?
Speaker 5: They've got the ties with no shorter round shot right orange times.
Speaker 4: It is not a flattering.
Speaker 1: Look tradition tradition, It's just strange foot race between some of the plays.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, that are just randomly, not even the fastest ones like Toby Green.
Speaker 1: Was there, I know a random Yeah. Do they draw lots And it's like it's a punishment if you have a good season, but you know what you're going to have to do, not the old foot rate.
Speaker 4: What do you think about nighttime grand finals?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: I think it's too late, especially for young kids, and young kids want to stay up and watch their idols and their heroes. I just think I think a grand final are five thirty twilight. I know the AFL are really looking hard into that. I just think a Twilight Grand Final, the sun is setting. It worked to a treat. It worked really well in Perth when the days won over there. I just think it looked magic. So it's just too late. It's gidding.
Speaker 1: But haven't they got like a public holiday today? They do, they do, but they are seven. I mean, how light weight are the kids of Australia.
Speaker 6: I'm going to please?
Speaker 4: Can I go to bed seven one? It was seven thirty five.
Speaker 1: It's too late by the time this country goes to bed real early. When I moved here, I couldn't believe that even the street lights start dimming, like seven o'clock the time everyone Now, restaurants start closing up at nine pm.
Speaker 4: Sydney's even earlier.
Speaker 5: Sydney's crazy restaurant's closing, you know, eight o'clock.
Speaker 4: Everyone's everyone week.
Speaker 1: I'm going to play a song now when we come back. Someone on this show was scoping out Sydney over the week. We'll get Patsy's report.
Speaker 3: Next the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Patsy, how's your week off? What do you get up too?
Speaker 8: Mach we flew up to Sydney, had the most sensational long weekend up there.
Speaker 9: The minute you land, the weather was incredible.
Speaker 1: So you were their grand final weekend. Yeah, obviously you hate Footy Victoria on that Thursday show when we were going you don't want a big Footy fan fight you on. No one likes it harder than me, No one likes it more than me, and we put those flights to get out of the city as soon as everyone starts arriving. The air botm has been so quiet going out of Melbourne going that way as the country's coming into it.
Speaker 9: Going against the time.
Speaker 8: No, it was funny because we had to be back at them at the hotel by like one or twelve thirty, so Chris could sit in front of the telly and watch the TV and Audrey and I thought, oh no, we're going to go out. But the weather was great. It was like thirty thirty one sunshine.
Speaker 1: Now tell me there's Pats and be honest, right, and some of lists might not realize there's some show news, but from January next year we're going live into Sydney and all of Australia in the morning, right, So very very exciting times. Were you also scoping out ahead of our you know us being on air in Sydney.
Speaker 9: Yeah, of course I was.
Speaker 1: That sent me a very bad photo right of Sydney Harbor Bridge, and well a third of it was Sydney Harbor Bridge. Two thirdsy was a church and at first I didn't know whether she'd had a conversion. So what are we seeing here? She's found the Lord and she was like, it's just hit me, what's happening. It was like, it's like she heard me two months ago say we're going national and then she got to Sydney saw the Harbor Bridge went oh, he means, yeah, that's the place with the bridge. I said, to perhaps go into that church and say a prayer for us. It's a lot of upset Jones and Amanda fans light a candle like candle for the show.
Speaker 9: This is the enormity.
Speaker 8: When we landed, I thought, hang on, we're actually doing this.
Speaker 9: That's right, Yeah, we are doing this.
Speaker 8: And it's not until you've sort of engulfed in the city and how massive it is and it's such a beautiful place. But yeah, I went to the theater there and saw Back to the Future the musical, which was out of this world, and the highlight at the end, which I didn't know was going to happen.
Speaker 9: Co creator Bob Gail, Oh.
Speaker 1: Wow, I's a co writer, Yeah, with Robertsonmachus.
Speaker 9: Yes, came out on stage.
Speaker 8: He was there for like the first few performances and spoke for like ten minutes.
Speaker 9: It's just insane. If you get a chance, get up there and see it. It is brilliant.
Speaker 8: At the Lyric Theater, it was just honestly, hands down, the best thing I have ever seen in musical theater.
Speaker 6: You've seen them all outs.
Speaker 9: Outstanding, and the Dolorean is there.
Speaker 8: It comes out over the I don't want to give too much away, but it comes out over.
Speaker 1: If our listeners are going to go and see that it came out over the ground spoiler. Oh no, surely when you get there you probably see like a hydraulic sort of film.
Speaker 9: The way they do it is just fantastic.
Speaker 8: Shocked with getting there was a bit of a drama, I say so. Apparently since we last flew with a certain airline, they're check in has now like blown out double You've got to be there like doubly early, and we didn't know that, and so we flew out of Avalon when we got there, we had a problem heading into park because all the boomgates were stuck down. So I don't know if you've been to Avalon, but it's a little bit into the terminal.
Speaker 1: It's that thing you accidentally go when you this flights are so cheap and you go, you Melbourne all airports thing.
Speaker 8: I had to get out of the car flee into the terminal. This was at five am. We had a six am flight, and we think, no, it's okay, we're.
Speaker 4: What you got there at five.
Speaker 9: Oh, it's stacks of to No.
Speaker 1: I would have been there at four. No, no domestic, no wait, no, no, no, those.
Speaker 8: Boom gates open at four anyway, they weren't working. So I had to track down the security guy and he said, oh, no, you're going through the wrong entrance.
Speaker 9: Anyway, we sorted that out. So going through, Yeah, we went long the long.
Speaker 8: Term and we needed to go to like just the short term or something. And it was dark. You couldn't see.
Speaker 1: The chance of those boom gates being stuck. I don't know what the other version of the story is, but it's a there's griswolves turning up late.
Speaker 9: Well, we're never late for flights. This is the thing.
Speaker 6: You came there at five for six flot It's fine.
Speaker 8: So we get there, but like five twenty two and the flight closed at five twenty and she said, look, I'm sorry, but you've missed the flight. And we're like, yeah, but everyone's lining up to go through security and she said no, no, no, it closes at like, you know, forty minutes before now.
Speaker 9: And I said, isn't it thirty?
Speaker 8: She goes, no, it's forty and I said, oh gosh, I didn't realize. And so we're standing there. What are we going to do?
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, I didn't realize. You do everyone knows.
Speaker 9: No, didn't realize.
Speaker 1: We don't for minutes before the flight.
Speaker 8: We don't check in like you know when you get the email check in for your flight.
Speaker 9: Now, we don't do that. We're like, what I'd like to do it at.
Speaker 4: The No, that's INSIDEE do that? Literally they probably don't even have the technology to do.
Speaker 1: We've got to get plug the computer in to the landlight.
Speaker 4: Why do you want Christra admin.
Speaker 1: When you get that it's very five am.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 8: I just figure I had one case to check in, which was mine, right, a big case, And I thought, well, We've got to check the case in anyway, so I'll just check it.
Speaker 1: So no one else your husband, or do it to no clothes.
Speaker 6: You just had your case.
Speaker 8: No, well they had they had carry on, so they had We had two carry on cases, which one was already is one was a love God's and I had my big case to check through. And so she said, hang on, let me get the manager. I'll see if we can get you on.
Speaker 9: And Chris is like, I don't understand why we've got tickets. And I said, oh no, I don't know.
Speaker 4: You can't just rock up when you want.
Speaker 1: It's how it works around the world, though system they closed the gate.
Speaker 4: It's very clear everyone knows full time, I.
Speaker 8: Realized it had changed anyway. So the manager came and she said, look, I've got you on the flight. I said, oh, thank you, that's so awesome. But she said, baggage has obviously closed, so you can't check in your big case.
Speaker 9: You can only do carry on. I thought, oh.
Speaker 8: She said, you've got like literally two minutes to get get your cases through security.
Speaker 9: And onto the plane.
Speaker 10: So it was we were Audrey and I were on all fours, shucking stuff the floor.
Speaker 3: Chris is just.
Speaker 9: Standing there not.
Speaker 1: Horrify.
Speaker 8: There were bras, there were niggers, there were shoes, there was a hair dryer.
Speaker 9: It was just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: A look am on a Saturday morning and.
Speaker 9: Chris is like, oh, we'll just get a later flight. And I said, we.
Speaker 4: Can't get a later flight. They're all book stop, just stop. You gotta help.
Speaker 8: Anyway, having a meltdown and check there just is not my finest moment. So everyone else in security was like laughing looking at us, and I thought.
Speaker 9: I can't care. I can't care.
Speaker 4: How ridiculous. What about your bear?
Speaker 1: I also thinking, so I said to Christy, I didn't have to be detonate my border patrol.
Speaker 9: I said, leave the suitcase back again.
Speaker 6: We need to just.
Speaker 4: Get in it. Just got a suitcase. It's a lot of suspicious.
Speaker 8: Anyway, the manager said, you're gonna have to take the suitcase back to the car in the car park. I said to Chris, you need to run. Chris, of course he did, so he can flae you back to the car, put the case in the car while Audrey and I went through security. And then as he came to go through security, there was something wrong with the belt and it stopped and we're like waving at the gate like come on, come on.
Speaker 9: It was just too close.
Speaker 1: This whole thing, like, this whole thing's ridiculous. The rest of the flight passes must been clocking them and going Melbourne Bogan.
Speaker 4: All fours.
Speaker 9: It was just oh, man, so yeah, did you got this?
Speaker 4: We got on the plane?
Speaker 8: I say, I don't understand what just happened. I don't know what clothes and I've got. I've got one shoe, I've got one dress. I don't know what else I've got. I don't know even if I've got.
Speaker 1: Out Sydney, Watch out Jones, Amanda. There's a one legged newsreader outside the front of the radio.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: This year was going so quickly. I cannot believe we're already in October. And October big month for me Oasis. Do you remember it was months ago and last year it was like they coming to Australia, Will they even be together by the time they get here? And all my friends have seen the shows in London around Europe and they're going to be here in a couple of weeks time, and would have tickets for you who were to win as well. And so I got my tickets when they came on sale right and over the week, and I said, mife, listen, I've got I've got our tickets, but I just want to make sure you definitely want to go.
Speaker 4: Otherwise I bring some actually proper friends that like the band.
Speaker 1: She said, Lois Lo Oasis. I'm like, name three songs that aren't Wonderwall or Champagne, Super and Over or Don't Look Back and Anger. She starts singing one song and went, that's Penny Lane by the Beatles. It's not it's not similar whatsoever. It's very very different, ring Geelong. Yeah, so I'm tend to do a competition. My wife needs to win the tickets on the show, and if not, she got up against a legit Oasis fan like that, I will take a legit Oatis fan over my wife. I don't want to sing in Penny Lanes to like Live Forever or Slide Away or Acquiesce.
Speaker 4: All right, So have the song.
Speaker 1: Title going the way this works, and I give the team one word, first person to sing using that word in the song. Are you ready? Team, I'm ready to go?
Speaker 4: Well all right, thanks, oh thanks all except thank you.
Speaker 9: Well I'll be in a friend Andrew Gold.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, it's a strange accent on that one will be like a heel billy kind.
Speaker 4: Of an accent.
Speaker 6: How can you say that?
Speaker 1: That's just oh, you're right act and we're not allowed to call it hillbilly anywhere, be twang, He'll Patsy love.
Speaker 4: Everywhere I look around.
Speaker 1: Great song, very good song. Dance.
Speaker 9: Oh I want to dance with some money.
Speaker 1: I want to feel that a little bit of finger clicking there, drunk on to the disco.
Speaker 4: On light Light, light light up my life? What's that?
Speaker 1: A new song is working.
Speaker 4: On you light up?
Speaker 6: What is.
Speaker 4: Denver?
Speaker 9: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Yes, of course, yeah, yeah it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: What was the song called You Light Up My Senses? Patsy had deep counsel John J. D.
Speaker 8: We had one of his songs while we signed the registry at our wedding.
Speaker 9: No, what's the country road? I can't think of the song now?
Speaker 4: What is the song?
Speaker 5: The song is called You Light Up My Senses, but it was never released as a single.
Speaker 4: It was a deep cut.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, wait, all right, mind, I got my mind set you Gold Staple way.
Speaker 4: Why I g H or A w A Y Are you.
Speaker 9: Going to go my way.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, Heaven, Heaven must be there. That's Alex fair Good, Alex jo. The week we've had office had singer lessons.
Speaker 6: Money wasn't here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks, all right, one last one Angel.
Speaker 4: I'm loving Angels.
Speaker 1: Wedding Classic is on wed On Team.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Into the show and all already been on a break for a week. I need to get the team's news. What's your news? What did you get up to in the week off?
Speaker 4: I had maybe the best three days of the year.
Speaker 5: I booked a solo trip, no partner, no will, just by myself in one of those little tiny homes that are.
Speaker 4: Off for since she's just a cabins.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a tiny cameras parked on the middle of nowhere exactly.
Speaker 4: Yes, So mine was in the Masiden Rangers and.
Speaker 5: There's no one around, no one around for like a twenty minute drive.
Speaker 1: You've got these big wow exactly were you?
Speaker 4: Well, they don't even tell you, just get this sort of map.
Speaker 5: So it was out maybe twenty minutes north past Caynton and the beautiful Yeah. You take this dirt track and you follow this little map that they give you and then you find that you have to do it.
Speaker 1: Wow, So it's an adventure the moment you start to go there.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, yeah, so you have to follow all these directions to actually find the tiny home because it is really remote.
Speaker 4: It's just out in the wilderness.
Speaker 9: Panic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's in like this was like it was on top of a hill. It was so.
Speaker 1: Beautiful and there's no one else around.
Speaker 4: There's no one around. You can do whatever you want.
Speaker 1: Are you oldly scared? As well?
Speaker 5: A little bit at night because one of the knights was howling wind and rain and you're in this tiny little shack you like, I think it's in the middle of I think, you think might blow away.
Speaker 4: And then you hear like a your brain thing. Someone goes that a lion or something. Obviously not its arrange, exactly.
Speaker 1: Lost to life.
Speaker 4: The lines come in.
Speaker 1: I'm not nature.
Speaker 4: But oh my god, it was so much Sure did you read?
Speaker 6: I read?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I just walked around.
Speaker 5: It was almost what you didn't do, Like I didn't talk to a single soul, I had no responsibilities.
Speaker 4: I did crosswords for the first time.
Speaker 5: I'm now really into crosswords.
Speaker 4: I just read my book. I walked. It was bliss It was.
Speaker 9: Or anything like international.
Speaker 1: There was no teenager you want to go out and start scrolling from the screen.
Speaker 9: To watch Netflix.
Speaker 4: Out there you could watch Netflix. I didn't.
Speaker 5: I think that I probably had my taeilstrap coverage, but there was no Wi Fi or anything like that. But I turned my phone off for the whole time. Yeah, it was amazing. Yeah, the whole point is so lovely, just chatting to the birds. I saw the feel of people that are bird watches, which I always thought was like, you're like wonderful yea.
Speaker 1: That nature is like always there around us, but we're never fully absorbing it or in it with it.
Speaker 4: Definitely, And now I noticed birds all.
Speaker 6: The time, always there, always there.
Speaker 1: Don't you find it? Though? When you spend time in nature and you're really immersed in it, away from your phone and not checking your phone every copment.
Speaker 4: It gives you just resets who we really are. Yeah, it is so nurished.
Speaker 1: Those three days you were there about we're equivalent of having a three week break. Yes.
Speaker 5: I came out of it just like so peaceful. It's so nice. It's crazy what your brain, your phones do to your brains, like they rewireus.
Speaker 1: And you think about when you go on holiday. The first thing you do when you get hotel rooms like what's what's yes? Yeh have to get all the Yeah, so what do you.
Speaker 4: What do you want to do?
Speaker 1: You're on holiday? Yeah, you know, what do you actually want to do? So?
Speaker 4: Was that an amazing experience? It was amazing.
Speaker 5: I've already booked another one in for our next radio break actually here.
Speaker 1: So what did you do in the evening Because normally in the evening you'll be streaming stuff, you'd be watching stuff. What did you actually do? Do you cook for yourself? And then?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I cooked, So I got a big loaf of like what I call a big baguette, and then I had a bunch of Deli meats and blue cheese and I was just smearing blue cheese and prestudo on and I was just doing that for a lot of the evening.
Speaker 4: I was reading my book. That's it. And then I went to bed as soon as it went dark.
Speaker 1: It was perfect and what a great reset. All right, let's catch up with producer Tina. Now, who's moved. How did the move go? Tina?
Speaker 11: It went good. It was stressful, like very stressful.
Speaker 1: Actually got like two bags.
Speaker 11: I had ten boxes that all I had was one bedroom worth.
Speaker 4: A Greek memorabilia.
Speaker 1: It's a mousaka. So what was stressful about it? It always is moving, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 11: I was just a lot to pack unpack.
Speaker 10: The removalsts couldn't find anywhere to park, so it took them an hour to find a parking spot.
Speaker 11: That was stressful, cost more money, just a lot.
Speaker 4: And so how are you? How many nights have you had?
Speaker 1: Because the first cut of nights when you move somewhere new, I always find really hard to relax at nighttime.
Speaker 11: I haven't slept really, I think I've been there for four nights. It's just very coil.
Speaker 1: The bed being positioned a different way around.
Speaker 11: My bed's weird. My bedside tables do?
Speaker 1: Why is your bed weird? It's a special Greek one.
Speaker 11: I feel like the mattress is on the wrong way.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 11: The wall, it's just wrong. Everything's wrong.
Speaker 4: Oh no, what do you mean?
Speaker 6: I mean it's wrong.
Speaker 11: I thought it was flipped wrong, but it was my imagination.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 11: Just the vibe is wrong. But I'll get there.
Speaker 4: Have you have you like done like some cleansing for it?
Speaker 1: You know? Let a candle or anything. Yeah, saved it.
Speaker 11: It hasn't got bad juju, so I don't need to save it just yet. But I've lit a candle.
Speaker 1: A right partisickead? What do you get up to in the week off?
Speaker 12: So I didn't leave where a bee, which was quitture.
Speaker 1: I musk that was a terrible reality show where people are actually just stuck in where I can't leave.
Speaker 5: It sounds like a punishment, yeah for young offenders.
Speaker 10: No, it was a bloody joyous and I really enjoyed it. Got to know my neighbors a bit better. So I did a bit of gardening and I also perfected coffee.
Speaker 4: So we just wow, wow, and so hard, isn't it? What the beans?
Speaker 1: The machine?
Speaker 10: I have a separate grinder, so I've gone full pro coffee maker, and so I've got a separate grinder on site. I grind my own coffee and I weigh it.
Speaker 12: I weigh it and everything, and then I tamper it. I pop it in and then I weigh it as it goes into the.
Speaker 4: Mate and makes a difference completely different.
Speaker 10: So I don't need to go to a cafe anymore. I have a cafe at home and I'm the brewster.
Speaker 1: That sort of thing, a bogan.
Speaker 4: I don't need to go to.
Speaker 1: Anymore.
Speaker 6: It's better than them what I do.
Speaker 9: It's like six dollars temperate away, temperate beans? Are you using? You know what, Pats?
Speaker 12: I actually started on Aldi and the reason bean is I just needed cheap ones to test everything out. But the problem with that is, now that I've gone to the professional ones, I now have to rejig the calibration.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the calibration exactly.
Speaker 1: Going to recalculate your calculations of your Einstein.
Speaker 10: I actually do, and now the way's different, and but now I've perfected it, and it's very, very lovely.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I love the fact that you say you were you met your neighbors of that, Tina, have you gone around when you move somewhere new, you always should go and say local neighbors. You might need them to look after a parcel one day or absolutely not.
Speaker 11: You don't talk to strangers.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I know you workch in London. No no, no, no no, you don't meet your neighbors in three years.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't know from it. Just in the apartment block.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: There's a there's almost a hostility and apartment blocks where you see your neighbors almost as rivals, just for like, you know, taking this good spots or like blocking up the post diage. And everyone's complaining the Facebook group. I've never knocked on their door, they've never knocked on hello. No, I have no interest in it.
Speaker 4: No, why would I need might need them one day for what.
Speaker 1: Might need some help.
Speaker 5: I'll just go to my friends for hell, I don't want to talk to what if they're weird what if they're weirdos?
Speaker 4: But yeah, I guess we go with the risk. That's a big risk. Teenage.
Speaker 1: So you haven't liked not the new neighbors doors, No way.
Speaker 11: I've met some people in the lift because I got stuck outside.
Speaker 3: But otherwise, Dear Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: I came back to this radio station. The show has been on a break for a week, coming this morning, and so away I see that they there's a broken door the bit, one of the big security doors here, it's just stuck. I'm going to see. One of the engineers called Brad and I said, bloody hell, what's happened here? He goes, Oh me and two where the staff members got stuck inside this radio station. That security door which we've got the little tag for wouldn't open. They were imagine being stuck in stuck at work on a Friday night, half five. Hear him and Sue the boss and crazy Ray trying to leave this building.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a hell of a tree.
Speaker 5: I there's I thought it might have been one of Sue's new productivity members.
Speaker 1: People in work to do the training modules. I still can't roll it. I can't roll I can't roll it out. We were always playing for d chess with Sue. Imagine being stuck at work wherever you work on a Friday night. You want to go home, it's to weekend, and suddenly you're stuck inside these days because everything's you know, tap in tap outs of that. They can't get out.
Speaker 4: With your boss. Yes, why do you say it's a bad thing? Do you not like to the boss?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 4: I love our boss, obviously, I would love to be trapped in.
Speaker 1: You're speaking about the listeners generally, he stuck with their their boss.
Speaker 4: Please catch on time, isn't it on a Friday night? Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, came out here.
Speaker 4: Anyone got you know?
Speaker 1: But that is horrendous, So brand is an engineer, and I said, so, couldn't you hard wire or whatever you've got to do? He said he he had to like rip off a panel and start pulling out random wise.
Speaker 4: Is that desperate to get out?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Stuck it for an hour and a half.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't it be like what's called fire escapes, he was telling me, And I'm thinking of this isn't actually how do we you must be able to leave a building fire escape? Trying to escape a crazy listener? Why would a fire alarm having an alarm? There was this big do you know how loud it was? It's terrifying. Yeah, why do you need an alarm if you're leaving the fire exit?
Speaker 4: Yeah's just someone's leaving. Why do we need an.
Speaker 1: Alarm for that? Yeah? If you're if you're fleeing a fire or danger, you don't need any more stress of like a great big accent going off in your ears. Anyway, this morning, we want your stories about where did you get stuck in? Stuck at work? Is hurrecular a worse? I mean, obviously we get stories probabyther been stuck in lifts and that'll be terrible, but stuck at on a Friday night a half five. Perhaps you ever been stuck somewhere?
Speaker 8: Yes, I remember way ago when I was on the road reporter. I had to go to a media conference with then Premier Jeff Kennett, and it happened to be right up the very top of the rialto building here in Melbourne, which is about what nearly thirty floors anyway, So I went into the stairwell to file my story. Only as I went in and my bag i'd left in sort of you know where.
Speaker 9: The media conference was. I thought I'd just starting here.
Speaker 8: As I've gone in the door, it's closed, but it's locked behind me in the stairwell. So not only that my phone, I didn't realize that my phone mobile wouldn't work in the.
Speaker 9: Stairwells Oh no, it was dead.
Speaker 8: But the worst thing was that it was pitch black, like there wasn't even.
Speaker 4: You wave your arms around, then the light comes on.
Speaker 8: Yeah, nothing, And I couldn't even see my hands in front of my face, and it was dead. Quietly scared serial killer in here that I'm not aware of.
Speaker 1: I stuck with yourself. You have to report on your own.
Speaker 8: Use stiletto heels down thirty floors and each each level I tried the door not locked down, another flight of stairs, not that's locked all the way down to the bottom floor.
Speaker 9: About It took me about an hour and I was sweating.
Speaker 4: It was awful.
Speaker 1: It's terrifying.
Speaker 9: It was terrible.
Speaker 4: What did you actually get out?
Speaker 9: Well, I had to go all the way down to the bottom floor and then that door would open, but none of them in between.
Speaker 1: Someone would have got a spray. Oh yeah, someone's getting a spray copy Yeah, yeah, in a headlock. All right, where did you get stuck in?
Speaker 3: Give us a call The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Three people that work at this radio station. Stuck inside the radio station Friday night, half five? Time to go home? Can't get out? We've got one of these security doors everyone has these days with the passes. They're meant to stop people getting in. Now a new ways to stop employees leaving. Maybe it's a productivity booster. Make us work hard. You cannot leave? What a nightmare? Half five and a Friday because you've got plans.
Speaker 5: Yes you came, and especially in Richmond, you can see everyone having fun on a Friday night.
Speaker 4: Just out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Christian, I got lots in a small toilet with no window in a bar in Spain, said about my birthday coon bunch the door open, but to keep me hydrated to the bar owner put a bendy store with a JD drink through the keyhole. That's amazing. What great customer service that is. Genius Shane, Thank you very much. Christian. I went to after hours to pick up my laptop found a plumber who was stuck in the office. We had a weird foyer area where you couldn't get in all without without past. He'd been working and everyone forgot about him and and left the day. He'd been there since three o'clock in the afternoon. It's nine pm.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, do.
Speaker 5: You remember we had that lady who went and got acupuncture and she had the actually just put the needle in her back and then the act just went off, forgot about her. She was doing her washing at home, that she was just stuck there with the needles in her back.
Speaker 3: Give us a call The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Right out of your stories are being stuck. Three team members got stuck here Friday night, five thirty trying to go home, begin your weekend, your Friday night, and you can't get out.
Speaker 4: It's a cruel trick, yes it is. It seems to be a reality show, yes, like psychological torture. Yes, stuck here.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it's the thought. It's the Friday night that I keeping if it was like during the week, it's it's a pain, right, but it's your Friday night.
Speaker 4: You've done the week. Yes, yeah, it's not like you get that time back. Yes, yeah, yeah, an.
Speaker 1: Hour and a half. You can't escape work.
Speaker 5: And the bet down half that those first post work drinks, those beers, and now you're yes, you're with the boss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it stopped going about that sounds that you got sue the boss.
Speaker 4: You're reading into things.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we want to know where do you get stuck? Thirteen fifty five, twenty two, Christian. I was having just a regular check up, a mammogram when the machine broke and by right, breasts.
Speaker 9: Or stuck and it hurts to it really pink, does it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: It's really painful, poor.
Speaker 1: Sharp, just stuck there? How long were you trapped there? Trapped by your own breast? Is theirn alarming pool to people come in and hard to know how to free a lady up from that?
Speaker 4: Yes, without in a modern age with hands.
Speaker 9: On literally booby trapped.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's the news on the stand. That's the headline for the story, isn't it? Your story is Where do You Get Stuck? Thirteen fifty five, twenty two. We got Lisa Joe here, Lisa Joe.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Hello, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good, Lisa Joe. Welcome to the show. So it's Lisa Joe. It's not Lisa hyphen Joe.
Speaker 13: It is Lisa heighten Joe yet, gotcha?
Speaker 1: All right, So Lisa Joe, what's your story? Where do you get stuck?
Speaker 13: It wasn't me. It was my husband, Peter. I'd left him home responsibly to look after one and two year old son, and he went out the back door and we had an inner door that led to the kitchen and it locked and he was stuck on the outside of it with the one and the two year old sitting on the floor in the kitchen. So he decided to go down the chimney. Santa, Yes, it's exactly like Santa. However, coma. He went down feet first and it was a really old house fortunately, and yeah, he started to head down and then could not move. He's a big boy, played rugby to his little Yeah, anyway, he got.
Speaker 4: The chimney a rugby player.
Speaker 13: Yes, exactly. He's six foot across, stand up anyway, he's a perfect sphere. His feet were dangling over the combustion stove and wiggling in toes, and the boys thought it was hilarious, even though they're babies. And eventually, yeah, the grease from the inside of the chimney allowed.
Speaker 1: For Christmas Turkey to free himself.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, to be worried.
Speaker 4: About the kids, but.
Speaker 13: Exactly, and I'd be I would have been at work for another eight hours.
Speaker 1: Enough to give you a fear of christrophobian, you know, fear intructing spaces in.
Speaker 4: The chimney breast.
Speaker 13: Exactly.
Speaker 1: Incredible story, Lisa, Joe, thank you very much for sharing much day. That's all right, Ki Nickolls coming thirteen fifty five, twenty two. Where did you get stuck?
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show Gone podcast.
Speaker 1: Coaches and Plants must only be interviewed outside the front of a hotel. Yes, yeah, oh you see, Yeah, I just saw twenty minutes and I'm trying to get interviews with the Broncos. What's the runload in their bags? After the coach.
Speaker 6: Can I just say, I'm so pleased.
Speaker 7: I haven't got to be the one that goes and sits in the front of the hotel.
Speaker 4: You must have done that in your child.
Speaker 7: So many times. Once I even't got on the moron's bus.
Speaker 4: You need to live somewhere, or which didn't go home.
Speaker 7: It didn't go down too well because they'd lost the series The State of Origin.
Speaker 1: Ser I just don't want to be doing interview. Some goes on the Roman, BT's on the he's in the bus. That was bad.
Speaker 7: I was I'm obviously a Blues fan. You said I was fan, They're like, get off. I was almost killed. But it was always it was always the thing in the morning, Oh, who's going to go out to the team hotel? You got a fine where the team's staying. You've got to sit out the free And then there's always the hosts back in the studio.
Speaker 1: Going, oh, why do you go buy them some breakfast?
Speaker 6: They'll get them out.
Speaker 4: You get them a big mag You don't.
Speaker 1: You don't see an eedier spot around the world. Super Bowl, No, you're not hanging around the hotel.
Speaker 4: How do you find out where they're staying?
Speaker 6: There's always the team, a.
Speaker 1: Great big bus where it goes like the broncoast.
Speaker 4: Once got the name of the.
Speaker 1: Team, look for the small foods, one of the bread crumbs, you know, be a journalist where they are bloody great double decker bus with Broncos written on it. Put this salt together homes and we've got this case closed.
Speaker 7: Not only from the day before you did the interviews, but yes, you normally find out pretty quick smart where they are and they never want to talk to you. They've they've been celebrating all night, hungover. Some of them are still coming back into the hotel while you're standing at the front at like five or six.
Speaker 1: And then you just saw some poor female journalists trying to get interviews with the Broncos as they're just trying to find their bank under the coach. Some thinking you just won the big thing, right, surely someone else can get your bags. Yere's a bit of there, what a hum dround come down to earth or.
Speaker 4: Got sunglasses on trash? Hang?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Early in the morning. You've got to do an interview live on TV. All right, we're talking your stories about being stuck thirteen fifty five twenty two, So far. We've had an amazing story from Lisa jab her husband who was stuck and then decided to get back in the house as he was locked out, that he would go wait, wait for this, go down the chimney. No one has ever had that thought. They're not a well known passage away.
Speaker 5: I thought maybe break the window, fine, sticky, but not go through the chimney.
Speaker 1: Yes, so where did you get stuck? Trish? Welcome to the show.
Speaker 13: Bye everyone.
Speaker 2: I just want to say I love you well. You make my day.
Speaker 3: Thank you you.
Speaker 2: I got stuck in a hotel bar.
Speaker 1: Oh no, wedged in there with water without water.
Speaker 4: The water had been trained with water.
Speaker 2: Mike, we're on our on our way to the Cook Islands. So the night before my sister said, you need to relax, I'm not a good flyer and have a bath. And I go, okay, Well, I was a big girl back in the day and I was having a beautiful bath. And I went to get out and I couldn't move.
Speaker 1: I've got suctioned the plane in a bath.
Speaker 2: And my sister and I were working ourselves laughing, and she's gone, we don't have to call the hotel staff.
Speaker 1: Wait, hello, how can we help you. I've have an all good one. My sister's stuck in the bar.
Speaker 4: It sounds like a truck for this one again. How did they get you out?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Well she had to get her hands underneath me to pull the pluck.
Speaker 1: And also wear that blugger is literally near the other plug you're put plunges even closer.
Speaker 9: Put a towel over you, exactly.
Speaker 8: It's for dignity at least, I think that's gone.
Speaker 2: It was some water underneath me, and it caused a bit of a tsunami in the bar.
Speaker 1: Oh I feel what chaos you must have caused a nut hotel. Brilliant story though, Tris, that's an epic one. Tris, thank you so much for making our and give us a call with that.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Sometimes your text messages, I get them like a reverse. So sometimes people might send me a message or story and then they might think of an extra bit of detail and they send me another message. And sometimes I just get the punchline without knowing what the setup is. I've just got this text here from you, Carmen Stevens. All I've got is sucked my bumming. Now I hope to God this is a story or context before that, or you just thought this is how I want to speak to Christian today and to say sucked my bumming.
Speaker 4: This is what he wants.
Speaker 1: But I'm hooked. I want to get part one.
Speaker 4: What do we think I've got the season from me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Or a spa spa suction and jets are involved and Amo being sucked in. Maybe it's a new game on the show. You tell us how the story ended. Actually I'm serious, and we try and work out what God's fucked. No, not that. No, had a very big email came in yesterday. It's almost like a novella. It must have been about two thousand words and involves a lady that met a man at the airport last week and they got on them very well. And you know this like this doesn't happen these days now. Dating is all conducted swipe left, swipe right. No one has any stories these days about how they met. Sort of a favorite story. Well, ask a couple, is that had you to me? I've never heard of boring answer to that. Anyway, This lady hasn't been on a date in eight years and she met a guy at the airport terminal last week and they had a connection, some flirting happened and numbers were not exchanged. She wants to try and track him down. This is old school, yes, miss connections.
Speaker 5: And yes, there used to be a like a newspaper that came on public transport called X.
Speaker 4: I don't if they had it down in Victoria, but that.
Speaker 1: We had and it was all stuff like you were wearing the hat, I would say, a lady in the powder blue trouser suits.
Speaker 4: The four three zero going to Coburg.
Speaker 1: We need to bring that back on the radio. So anyway, this is from Lisa Christian. I need your help. I know this sounds crazy, and trying to find someone at Sydney Airport last or Wednesday, the first of October before JQ five one night to Melbourne game fifty five two ten pm. Was heading back to Melbourne. He was in his early thirties. Red cap brackets backwards.
Speaker 14: Cool get eminem Yeah, I was thinking more Mark Wahlburgh New Kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't see the baseball cap look backwards much these days.
Speaker 4: No, it's going out of fashion.
Speaker 1: Red cap brackets backwards, dark hair, beard, tattoos on his hands, gray trackies, businessman cream runners cream Runners with his two little boys and his mum more brackets knitting. I'll tell you what this lady, Lisa is very observant. She's the detail I mean, should she'd be working for the police. We chatted and laughed. I haven't said to him, you're a good dad. I meant to give my number, even wrote out a message to give him on the flight, but by the time we'd landed I lost him at the carousel. Oh, if you are red cap Dad or no red cap Dad, please get in touch with Christian. I know it's a long shot, but I just cannot stop thinking about this mischance. I haven't been on a date in eight years. I felt really good chance to do him. I think there was something between us.
Speaker 4: Maybe there was. Yes, if you know, you know, are you red cap backwards dad?
Speaker 5: And if you see anyone in Melbourne anywhere else with a late cap, tap them on the shoulder, or.
Speaker 1: With his mom who's knitting with his mom all wearing tracksuit pants?
Speaker 4: Cream Runners say, Lisa is looking for you, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean?
Speaker 4: So what do we do if you are that? We need him to come to us. We need to you know, we need a hotline basically.
Speaker 1: Oh, we need a love life the love line red Cap Backwards thirteen fifty five twenty two.
Speaker 4: You just don't get a lot of this anymore, now, do you. No, No, it's all you're right, Like you said, online.
Speaker 1: Dating people just don't bother to risk asking somebody out, I guess these days, or asking for a number because he has been a bit creepy or odd. Now. I was talking to my daughters of the day about this and they were like, so, God, ugh, what you're saying. It was better when men like.
Speaker 4: You would just come up to someone in the bar and ask for a phone number. When that system.
Speaker 1: There are lots have happily married people who met that way.
Speaker 4: People did meet up before phones relations. And also not all men are creeps. There are lots of good.
Speaker 1: Men that met lovely women and have families now that met asking for a phone number at work or like that. So anyway, if you are read baseball cap backwards, dad, you know what, I got a feeling we're going to find this dude me too. Do you think he's one of our listeners?
Speaker 4: I reckon, I think he is. He's in the target demo. Yes, you're right.
Speaker 1: Tattoos in the hand baseball cap backwards. He's stuck in the eighties and nineties. He's our guy.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: We're just talking ten minutes ago about miss connections. Christian, I was wants to target, or should I say, recipients of an MX misconnection. I knew it was me because I used to wear a bright red cardigan. It turned out to be from someone I knew. A mutual friend told me to check it out in the paper, the Misconnections, and there it was bright red cardigan girl was me. We started dating. It didn't work out, but the excitement of flattery was a nice change. I'd love to speak to somebody who met through those misconnections.
Speaker 5: I actually had someone recently last year reach out to me. We were at a trivia night at a pub and someone left a card with the bar stuff saying the guy in the white shirt, green pant.
Speaker 4: Blah blah blah, who was me? You're kidding? I would like to hook up on a day with you? No way?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was very happy with the no actually said hook up, Well, like, you know, I'd.
Speaker 4: Like to what's your number?
Speaker 5: I'd like to wow, Yeah, showed will my partner was very very excited.
Speaker 1: Of course, bragging rights rages. And you left it for yourself, didn't you. Yes, yeah, it's a great move. That is, Christian, I have an elderly client who found her husband through a wrong number call. They spoke for hours and a few weeks later he called again and taking him that long to go through the numbers to find her number again. They spoke for five years just on the phone before they ever started to date.
Speaker 4: That is, this is just too cute. I need to dart through all the other numbers. Will is that you.
Speaker 1: All right? There's two Today's misheard lyrics. It's just another miss heardman Day, Christian O'Connell's misheard lyrics al any Monday on the show then with the Home of your Misheard Lyrics, we play them back as we are playing about your misheard lyrics. If we agree what you think you're miss hearing, you'll hear this. If we don't hear it, and if it's a really great one Hall of Favor recent Hall of Famous John Christian, I could be wrong. I think you have your first ever miss herd lyric about a football coach, Brisbane line coach Chris Fagan avel Levine complicated honesty and promise I'm never going to find you, Fagan. And then there was jo Anne in excess kissing end up kissing ducks. All right, brand new one, just good of this now, Adam Kristian, I've misheard from the Grand Final that mentions my name up the Kazale Mike Brady up there and Adam did you hear it up there? And Adam, yes, it is well done, Adam Martin King's got this one. Eternity by Alex Warrens. Since I had to learn to be been si to learn? Or is it since you had to learn to.
Speaker 4: Pee been sae to learn?
Speaker 1: Not clearer than me mumbling it a bit there, Ben s Dole, Yes, Hall of Fare. Glenn Rodgers has got just like Heaven by the Cure you strange as angels? Or is it stranger danger? You stranger Danger's pointing? Robert Smith is pointing somebody out, you stranger danger. It feels like a TV advert campaign. That is a brilliant one, Glenn, thank you, Hall of Fare, Ilana even flow Pearl jam Oh he don't know, so he chases them away? Or is it a little nome A little nome so he chases them away.
Speaker 4: It's a little gnome.
Speaker 1: Can you still buy garden nomes?
Speaker 9: You can? You still have them worried at the weekend.
Speaker 4: You're joking.
Speaker 8: Yep, all different themes as well. Oh like what well they had like a Frozen line. I remember because Audrey wanted one, you know, like gnomes dressed like the movie Frozen.
Speaker 9: And yeah, they have lots of stuff.
Speaker 4: I didn't know. God and nomes sort of thing. You don't see them so much now they do.
Speaker 6: They're rare, especially a new one.
Speaker 5: You might see a really old, faded one, but really would you see a brand spanking new norm?
Speaker 1: Are they touched around the pack of properties because people are weren't about theft of nomes?
Speaker 7: Well, you'd steal the gnome and you'd take it around the world with you take a photo of yourself with the gnome and you would yeah, well, I mean you would not, but that's what people do.
Speaker 4: But you just went straight into that thing. The rest of us has never People were seeding them and getting.
Speaker 1: Pictures and then in trap, yes, and it is all fishing right now, and.
Speaker 6: Then send photos back to them.
Speaker 4: You're joking.
Speaker 1: Address still kidnapping things, haven't you heard of this?
Speaker 6: No, come on really, no, how wish you?
Speaker 4: Maybe it's a regional New South Wales.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you'd send it back, you send photos of yourself and the nome back to the house and so you were taking the nme around the world'd.
Speaker 9: Be heavy in you, right?
Speaker 1: Is that the carry on?
Speaker 4: I'd love to know people still doing, still.
Speaker 1: Getting gnomes and it's still kidnapping them and taking them around the world. What a time to be alive? Where were we? That was it?
Speaker 4: Mister Lewis and a little norm.
Speaker 1: Alana. You got to hold a hall of famer for that's hall of favor.
Speaker 4: New merch ideas?
Speaker 1: Yes, oh my word, yes, the little radio studio, let's get that please. Does anyone knows who makes garden Gnomes and.
Speaker 9: He's got to have little headphones?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, this is how we're going to befriend Australia. Gnomes around Australia. Get to get to know the show.
Speaker 4: This is how he.
Speaker 6: Does it, the big banana.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, all right. Some more miss heard lyrics, Christian.
Speaker 1: Have you heard Lady Garga's new song A little Bit Busy recently? The Dead dance Lady Gaga, I'm dancing until I'm dead darn SMIs heard this. I'm texting the Taliban what it's the fact that you even knew she said Taliban Talleman phrase from a long while acoat just from Jake. That's so true by Gracie Abrams. I bet you're thinking she's so cool or is it bacon, egg and cheese so cool? Right? One one on Jake and then hot new entry over the weekend. First one from the new Teleswift album. Oh wow, now I've heard that album. Daughter's a Teleswift fans, so I thought I need to get across this. There is a track on there now, Tennis Swift writes very smart, clever lyrics. I warned a couple of months ago that her finding domestic bliss was going to blunt her powers. You did this album sucks stinks. I'm sorry fans, I love her, but this is a clanger.
Speaker 4: Wow, you're a brave man to say.
Speaker 1: That there is an album a track on there called wood. I wouldn't even say double entendre single on Tondre about her new fellas. She calls it a.
Speaker 4: Magic wand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually went break read listening to It's got a little bit hot under the corn. It's not very so it's not subtle at all.
Speaker 4: She used the word part.
Speaker 6: Is going on?
Speaker 1: Well you know what's going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Keep it to yourself. Anyway, back to the Fate of Ophelia Taylor Swift. This comes from Joey Campanelli. Great name, by the way, uh the favorite Felia original line saved my heart from the fate of.
Speaker 4: A Felia.
Speaker 1: Or is it far better lyric save my heart from Darth Vader Aphelia. Joey Campanelli is shoes. He scores top left corner. Well done, my god, that is so good, Joey great is well done, my friend. But this morning has been won by the garden gnomes that Eddie Veder and Pearl Jammer spotted. I also want to live in a world where there's an Eddie Veda Garden Parl jam Are they banned?
Speaker 4: No, I would be just talking about frozen.
Speaker 1: There must be like a the a f l ones or this should be Decos Brothers that no one would fall over constantly trying to get freeze.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast In.
Speaker 1: The Misheard Lyrics Today, one of your misheard lyrics was a line in a Pearl Jam song Eddie singing about garden gnome, little Gnome. So we launched hinto conversation about gnomes. A lot got kicked up headlines you just tuned in. Alex Cullen seems to believe that was a spate of kidnappings of people's garden nomes and then they were taken around the world and the owners were subjected to images of the gnomes of various landmarks of the world. Yeah, Christian, there's a gnome vill in Southwest Australia. Massive accumulation of donated gnomes.
Speaker 4: From Robert Wow four and a half stars on Google.
Speaker 1: Really, Christian, I won a gnome a few weeks back in a raffle. It was one of the ones that I think they sold out in record time. Actually it's one of the bluey ones. They brought them back. Yeah, no, no, they were available at Bunnings. People were queueing at like six a m.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: My five year old was so excited. He's too good for the garden, so he sits on the laundry shelf. Christian, we did the fourteen month lap around Australia, bought our gnome Jerome with us. He had his photos to all the major landmarks Jerome and I carried him on all of ourkes. Here he is on top of Jim Jim face in Kakadoo. He looks very happy to be there as well, because you can imagine sitting on a plane and the next year is a garden nomes sitting next year with its own seat. Now, good point, Shane, very good point, Christian. There was a spay of garden nome thefts around Victoria about thirty years ago. The thieves would place the gnomes on football ovals, lined up against each other like a footie.
Speaker 4: Who knew there was so much to do with.
Speaker 1: Christian. I think Alex might be confused with the subplot of the French movie Amelie. They steal garden nomes and take photos around the world. Were getting a lot of people texting and going now she's got confused with a movie. And then I got this, some luke, Christian, My mum get this her full time job. She paints garden gnomes.
Speaker 4: Oh what a job.
Speaker 1: She gets a delivery every month or two and she has to paint them.
Speaker 4: Oh I guess here. You never think about how they get painted. She's a full time nome painter. That is a recession proof for job like that. That's great.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Pointing to Sonia Christian, I know you're moving on from the nomes. I'm always available. The show never moves on from talking about garden gnomes. I'm sory if you thought that I sounded a bit rushed earlier.
Speaker 4: Should have made that clear.
Speaker 1: I'm really I fairl really bad. Actually, note to self, never sound tardy when talk about garden names on the air. But my son Deacon is in the car right now and he's had a good idea expanding on your radio gnome is that you get a nome made for each show team member.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 1: This is a great idea, Christian. You go on, Patsy, Rio, Alex and Christian. Maybe throw Kate into there too, Young Tacon realize this an afterthought. That is a great idea. I just need to find out where you make who makes garden names, who.
Speaker 5: Specializes in Bogan nights?
Speaker 1: All right, time for today's time waster. What a great prize this week family return trip to Port Arlington from the Docklands go on the Ferry Experience. Port Philip Ferries spoke cruises and rides across Port Philip Bay. Book a Faery ticket today and you also get a two hundred dollar Port Arlington Hotel voucher. Go and have a nice lunch on us lovely. Now, the clocks changed yesterday? Did anyone else do what I always do? You actually just put into Google? What is time?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: You gotta it's the phone line to me. I didn't. It's it's I know all those clocks that you never change, they just stay an hour behind.
Speaker 4: Now wait till they come.
Speaker 1: Yes, So, with the daylight savings starting yesterday, we're asking you to make a movie longer, longer movies.
Speaker 4: The eighty year Old Virgin.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a longer movie, you know, taking ages, getting changed and getting the spanks off, get the old shoot on, get the old felt crow's shoes, or I've only started take the fourse teeth out. Anyway, you get the idea. Four thousand weddings in a funeral.
Speaker 4: It's a long old movie, ever, is there? It's long with four four thousand would.
Speaker 1: Never ending story? Long old movie?
Speaker 4: Pretty long already?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, how could it be longer?
Speaker 4: Never ending?
Speaker 1: Pat story? So what it was was I tended Chris?
Speaker 4: I said Chris.
Speaker 1: I'm not having it.
Speaker 9: Ron's mind us a thousand.
Speaker 4: How could it be God plus and Bronze minus?
Speaker 1: Rio? What have you got to make a movie? Longer?
Speaker 5: Palpatinees at the accountant. He's doing the tax return of the Jedi.
Speaker 4: That'll take a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's terrible.
Speaker 5: James Dalton's got to get his new license. Takes a while. It's Vic Rhodes's house.
Speaker 14: Yeah, alright, Silver.
Speaker 4: We need a queue.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm not great. Listen.
Speaker 4: I know you had some time alone at the Grampians. I wasn't working on my driving this de lazy. Ah, she's bloody taken so long. She's delaying us again driving this de lazy.
Speaker 1: I actually had hair drying, miss Daisy. It takes age as a lady's hair, you know, hours and neither m great? Either are great? All right? What has happened to Rio's form and the time waster? Wow?
Speaker 3: We Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 1: Changing Yes today, we're looking for you to make a movie longer, Rio, are you ready to mark?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right?
Speaker 4: Longer movies.
Speaker 1: Danny Powell has toll Stoy story.
Speaker 4: Long is High Round or in Peace?
Speaker 1: Wait? Danny very good. Fortnight at Bernie's Silver from Fraser Driving Miss laxadaisical.
Speaker 4: That's just as bad as my one, bron.
Speaker 1: It's very good. When Harry met Sally and Sarah and Susan.
Speaker 4: Sharon Lucky Harry Silver plus.
Speaker 1: World, un Jules, Dude, where's my horse and cartld? That's FM Lee Collins one hundred and twenty seven hours. That was some movie that guy trapped to chop his own arm off. To me, what's worse than that? One hundred and twenty seven hours of pats.
Speaker 5: Why would they say that they even get the inspiration for something like that?
Speaker 1: Ferris Buder's year off the sound of Patsy Sorr. Cool Mama from the Train, Lauren, that's really funny, Lawrence Smith, Cool Mama on the train. Batman returns, he doesn't have a respect, the four hundred year old Virgin and Willie Longer Cold. Who is the winner today?
Speaker 4: Cool Mama from the train Lauren.
Speaker 1: Lauren, well done. We're back tomorrow. Thank you very much for joining us. As always, if you've got story for the show, Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast