Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, Welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 2: Podcast Christian O'Connell's show, What are You Never too Old to Enjoy? For Carl still last one the source bottle farts. David, this one's just slightly terrifying. When I'm trying through a tunnel, I won the window down, stick my head out and scream, I've never heard a joker. Amy going to bed when Santa leaves Carols by candlelight on Christmas Eve.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Carmel using coloring books sometimes under a blanket fort. Jennifer always pushed the try me button on toys in scores, Jack, What are you never too old for?
Speaker 1: For me?
Speaker 3: At the moment, definitely watching kids movies? And it's never more pronounced than when Gordy gets sick of a movie before I do over the weekend, I put him to bed and watch the second half of Hercules because he wasn't enjoying it. You're obsessed with that at the moment, I can't get enough.
Speaker 1: Don't remember. Hercules is a great movie.
Speaker 3: I think what it suffers from is the songs aren't as memorable as some others, like Little Hercules Story, then Hercules Son of Zeus becomes mortal because Hades from the underworld once.
Speaker 1: And half year old god zoned out of that one.
Speaker 3: He turns beyond that, but when he's turning him mortal, doesn't turn him fully mortal, and so he keeps his super strength. But he's got to live on earth, not as a god anymore. And then he's got to I want to tell you the ending, but he's got to.
Speaker 1: I think you can. It came out quite a few years ago. What is the moral of it? The moral?
Speaker 3: Keep your super strength?
Speaker 1: That's not a moral. What's because they always have a moral those.
Speaker 3: You know what? This will ruin the ending, but you're right, it's twenty five years old.
Speaker 1: At least.
Speaker 3: He gets accepted back into Olympus as a god at the end, but it's Hades or Zeus, his dad's Zeus. The old Man takes him back. He's defeated.
Speaker 1: Hades.
Speaker 3: The old Man says, you can come back and live as a god. But he's falling in love on earth. So he says, you know what, my God, I love that you're inviting me back in here. I want to be back amongst families and gods and live forever. But I think I'll choose to stay mortal and be on earth so I can be with Meg.
Speaker 1: He chose being human and vulnerable, and he knows he would have had watch over the weekend now. But now you know the ending doesn't matter. It's a reassuring ending. It's okay.
Speaker 2: Katen's got a crazy one for and never too old to enjoy. Kaitlin, what's yours?
Speaker 4: There is nothing like it? And I always feel like a kid at Christmas when it happens. But when we drag our bed into the laund room and we have a movie night and then we sleep in the lound.
Speaker 2: Room, Listen, you can stretch out enough just on the couch, can't.
Speaker 3: You don't need to be any flatter.
Speaker 1: It is no way.
Speaker 4: The fact, when we were kids, when my said we can bring the beds out into the land room, it was like the best thing in the world. And so for some reason there's a connection that if my partner's like, do you want to do a movie not, I'm like, get the bed, let's go.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what is it just a mattress? You're not doing the base as well?
Speaker 5: No, no, not the.
Speaker 4: Bass, just the mattress has to be on the floor. But everything comes with it, and then you've got all your little snackies.
Speaker 2: No, I don't eve want to think about the crumbs in bed. You can never clear it again.
Speaker 4: Oh no, my partner's very very clean.
Speaker 1: So that you're hoover the mattress afterwards, will you after we.
Speaker 4: Will clean everything because it's been on the floor and whatnot. We'll just clean the whole thing. But it's so worth it just for that joy.
Speaker 1: Okay. The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's show. What are you Never too old to enjoy?
Speaker 1: Mel?
Speaker 2: Twenty teaspoons of Milo in your chocolate milk? I'm fifty four, stalk.
Speaker 1: That's more Milo? That is it? That solid? Almost the spoon could stand up right?
Speaker 2: Try stirring that Christian never too old to enjoy fairy bread or cocktail.
Speaker 1: Frank's that's from Wayne me.
Speaker 2: Jack and Rio have just been arguing with Jack actually because Jack thinks that ice magic is overrated.
Speaker 3: I think we love the novelty of the syrup going hard, but once you actually got that hard, it's not the best chocolate. It's not the best chocolate.
Speaker 1: Undeveloped palate, I.
Speaker 3: Know treats. I am a sweet tooth.
Speaker 1: Saying ice magic. The clue is in the title the magic. Yes, yes, How does it actually work? Because it is magic?
Speaker 3: How do you put a soft like wet liquid and then it becomes frozen in seconds?
Speaker 1: You're right? Why don't more sauces used that technology?
Speaker 2: It's a great it's a great show, you know, like you go to a Thai restaurant and sudden the guy comes out and he does a whole fla it's like a magician and he produces the I don't know soy sauce manchic. You know, you think about the something the restaurant when they bring the feats and this sizzle walks through like this is the big show with the steam and that that's certainly the soy sauce hardens and you've got to crack it with a spoon.
Speaker 1: I can egg.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a sa.
Speaker 2: Mind's blowing right now all around this great city. Kim, what are you never too old for?
Speaker 1: Good morning? Christian Patrick Jack? How are you? Kim? Are we good? Kim good?
Speaker 3: At fifty two years of age?
Speaker 2: I am never too old to go down the giant slide at the Royal Melbourne Show every single year without fail.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that the bump bumpy one. Yes, it is the bomb.
Speaker 5: You get there, every single bump it is brown.
Speaker 1: You could be careful and women getting off fifties that any bump could put a hip out now.
Speaker 5: No, no, no hip, just the bum.
Speaker 3: Yeah, surely like the company's insurance sees a fifty year old and goes like, oh, I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't look fifty. Jackets so good.
Speaker 1: That's why you're getting through. We all have to we all have to tell ourselves that the photos I do look at my age. Kim, thank you very much. You cool.
Speaker 5: Thank you, have a great day.
Speaker 1: Bye and you. Jane, Good morning, Jane, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 1: You're never too old for zooper Doopers. Yeah, sure, we have agreement on this. Last weekend, we're being so hot.
Speaker 3: We went camping and we're all in our fifties, no kids, and we just got stuck into them.
Speaker 4: It was so good.
Speaker 2: I love the fact that all things you need to take camping super dupers is on the list as well.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite flavor of the super Duoper.
Speaker 1: Oh it's so hard to choose. I'll like all of them, but pink I reckon, Yes, familiar with the flavor.
Speaker 3: It's the magic of zoop.
Speaker 1: You're quite right, it is that well known taste of this taste of pink. Absolutely, yeah, totally.
Speaker 4: I'm so obsessed with them that for Christmas last year, the love God got me.
Speaker 3: It's like a stubby holder for super du Wow.
Speaker 1: That is the greatest gift.
Speaker 3: It's so trick as the heart the whole.
Speaker 2: Yes, your fingers go numb.
Speaker 3: It's skinny stuffy. Yeah, and it's even got my name on it.
Speaker 1: Gifts so funny.
Speaker 2: I need to I need to know where you get hold of one of those. I love one of those of Christmas.
Speaker 1: Passy. What's your favorite Earth flavor? Orange? It's red or colder, but usually red.
Speaker 3: It's like you know when you have a raspberry.
Speaker 1: Jane, thank you very much. You called might have a good day you too, thank you.
Speaker 2: And Damien, good morning, Damien, good morning, Good morning, Damien.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show. So what are you never too old for Christian?
Speaker 5: Like that other call of your head earlier, You're never too old to wind the window down and just scream you lungs out while you're driving through a tunnel.
Speaker 1: Damien. Right, I've never a person never done that is a you never even heard of, mate.
Speaker 5: You got to give it a go like I used to do it when I was a little kid. I started doing it when his little kid and now sort of passed the torch on to my son as well. We love nothing more than driving through a tunnel. You wind down the window and you just sort of scream your lungs out.
Speaker 2: If I'm going then and I see you, Damien, there you turn screaming out of the window.
Speaker 5: It's the best thing ever. It sounds awesome and like echoes through the tunnel.
Speaker 1: I got to give this a go now to see what've been missing out on.
Speaker 5: Yep. We actually were doing it a couple of months ago through the Melbourne Tunnel and this other car joined in as well.
Speaker 1: I love it, Damien, Damien, thank you very much. You call me no thanks.
Speaker 5: Guys, love your show.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Christian O'Connell Show Podcast