Speaker 1: Now, Britt, Laura, and the nation. I need to address you all because it's the topic on everyone's lips. Mitch, how was your solo euro travel?
Speaker 2: Oh I'm so glad we're getting to the bottom of that acause I did think when I work up this morning, there is one question that everybody's asking.
Speaker 3: How is Mitch's solo trip?
Speaker 4: I do genuinely want to know because I sort of sent you on your way. We spent the most beautiful week of my life together overseas, Mitch, and then I let you spread your wings like a peacock, and off you flew into the world.
Speaker 3: So I do want to know how it went.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if anyone's planning summer like trip in Europe because it's coming out of the winter month and going into summer, this is good advice for you because I'm twenty eight, I'm single, I'm gay, and I'm like, I'm going to go and have the time of my life in Europe. And Laura, you said this to me. Britt, you said it to me. Every one of my friends said to me, You're gonna come back a different person. I'm being honest. I do not feel different at all. And I don't know if I'm broken. I don't know if I solo traveled the wrong way broken, Mie. Now that it's weird because when you go into something such high expectations of change is imminent, you expect it. Like I'm not joking. There was one point where I was on a bike. I had a bag it in a basket on the front of a bike. I was riding through the streets of Paris. I had just eaten a Panu.
Speaker 2: Chocolat, and You're like, it's going to hit me now.
Speaker 3: I was looking at the Eiffel Tower. It was six point thirty at night.
Speaker 1: It just went flickering as it does, and I kind of looked at it and I went, this is it.
Speaker 3: The change is going to happen. And I kept looking and I kind of cleanched. I gripped, like I's going to hit hit you. I gripped the new bike and.
Speaker 1: Then a truck honked me and I had to move off the side of the road because I veered in the middle and I didn't change at all.
Speaker 2: Do you know what, Mitch, though, I kind of feel a little bit responsible for this, because I do think that, like anything in life, when people set you up for such high hopes and high expectations, you kind of only can be disappointed. You go into it thinking, Oh, this is going to be the thing that fixes everything, or this is going to be the life changing moment, the catalyst for something new and different. Yeah, and at the end of the day, like it's okay that it's just a holiday, you know, like I think maybe all the people around you, me and Britt included, made you feel like this was gonna be something that it just wasn't see.
Speaker 4: I disagree. You say you don't think you say you haven't changed me, You don't think you've changed. You might not know it, but you one hundred percent have because before this you didn't think you could be on your own and you didn't think you were going to be able to do it. You were worried about how you were going to navigate all these cities by yourself, and now you've done it. So whether you know something has changed within you or not, it definitely has. And I mean, you don't give yourself enough credit. It took me three years of traveling before I was like, oh I found myself.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: You were three weeks.
Speaker 4: So you can't expect to just go to Paris and you're like.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm eat, pray love here. I am.
Speaker 1: I think that's what I was expecting, but I was actually sad. Like I was messaging Laura going want to FaceTime? I was still going to britt I just left Britain. I'm like, do you want to FaceTime all my friends back in Sydney. I think what I learned about myself, and you know what, that's true. This is a learning that I had and I wouldn't have had this unless I had done it is that I like to travel and do things with other people.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm a radio presenter, forget's sake, Like I like to talk.
Speaker 2: You're an entertainer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like to have people, So I guess that's a learne.
Speaker 2: But also Mitch, and I mean, this is a lesson because I think in terms of you yourself, like over the past year from the Mittury that we met when we very first started the pick up to where you are now, Like the confidence you have in yourself, the assurance you have in yourself, like you are a completely different person. And a year ago Mitchchery never would have solo traveled. And the fact that you've even done it. The fact that you even put yourself out of your comfort zone discovered something that you maybe don't like and don't want to do again.
Speaker 3: That's fine. But I was walking up.
Speaker 4: To people, to strangers and hitting on them. Mitch would have done.
Speaker 1: I did that in Glasgow, and I actually don't know if he wanted a second date because the accent was so thick.
Speaker 3: I just ran off. I didn't know what it was. Do you know what.
Speaker 2: There's nothing more wanky than when someone comes back from three weeks of traveling abroad and they gough the experience changed my life. So I'm just glad that you're the same person. Oh my god, it's the absolute worst of pits. Yeah, or they go, oh, are you eating a panel of chocolate? Sorry, chocolate croissant.
Speaker 1: I've been in Paris, so I used the French language exactly