Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast showtime.
Speaker 2: He did the biggest number two.
Speaker 3: It won't allow, It won't allow it.
Speaker 4: I've got right now is the chris'connell Show Gold one, O four three. Good morning Jackie boy, Christian. Before we get into today's show, can we thought that there's a TV we have in the studio and if you're up early, everything is routine that brings you reassurance. It's on the wrong channel. It's on something ungodly called seven Flips, and there's a there's a TV show on. This has strikes to me. Some dry schools quiz called It's Academic.
Speaker 3: That's been on since I was a kid. I believe it survived so long.
Speaker 4: Who is watching It's Academic this time of the morning on flicks?
Speaker 3: Wait for a kids game show?
Speaker 4: It should.
Speaker 3: We had an amazing one when I was a kid called Amazing where kids could run through a maze. There was a giant typewriter and they use their feet to step like grown up and then at the end of it they played Mario cut.
Speaker 4: You're kidding real?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the That was the final round. They played Mario cut. It's academic. It's basically it's so dry.
Speaker 4: It's like the Nerd Channel. It's like you all know those kids in the year that are smashing the year and have got very very aggressive, pushy parents and could be the next generation of lawyers, doctors and surgeons, and we need those people, but we need high achievers. The rest of us end up washed up on the shore of life in jobs like this. Okay, low skill jobs basically, but those kids there, it's just like who watches.
Speaker 3: That crawd It's just dry quizzes. Even Sale of the Century, right, which is just a quiz, but they have like the big money rounds. They got their prize pool at the end. It's academic, is just a quiz.
Speaker 4: Did you ever have a show here called Blockbusters? No? Oh my god, we had this very very nerdy TV show in the UK kids went on called Blockbusters, right if you if you google this on YouTube, you could see a very young Stephen Merchant as in the office with Ricky Gervais as a teenager is on this show. It was so boring and you like, the prizes were even if you did well, and it was very very hard as well, were just like a set of encyclopedias and a day trip to a London news.
Speaker 3: To be a routine thing for game shows all over the world competing you wet you won prizes on behalf of your schooling, which that's it.
Speaker 4: The Big Prize or Star Prize was a school computer for all the other nerds.
Speaker 3: Else was the the Encyclopedia Britannica on cd ROW.
Speaker 4: That's it volumes, yes, now I think about it.
Speaker 1: Keep it on TV actually, the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: If you're on TV as a kid, we want to hear about it. I remember my junior school, so primary school, we're on some TV show and my whole year got to go to a TV studio. It's already big deal. This was a mittle bit like the ing and that it was a very dry old TV show, right called Finders Keepers, and the host of it like he was actually a professor of mathematics I think at Cambridge University sang the opening theme tune on a keyboard again, think about this, right, we're all there, Judy Unis and then the big crane camera came in and then there was a really old man Jim. In the eighties and nineties, only old guys were allowed to host TV shows. No one under the age of like fifty five got anywhere in front of a camera. And they were like, now this is a proper grown ups. You're being in front in front of a camera. Okay, young's can go on the radio and have Shenanigan's, but TV is a dying man's game. This ancient old man as professor would come on and play this terrible theme tune finders keepers, losers weepers that he sung himself.
Speaker 3: So you do it again every time live.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was just the start of the show. And here's your host. That's also when TV shows used to begin on this, and here's your studios. Richard still go cut to him. We would go the host singing the theme to find his keepers, losers weepers. Anyway, my school, one of the two competing schools, Me and my friends were all in the front row and then we thought we finally to flick the v's When the camera pan passed us, we got thrown to the back of it and a letter sent home to my parents. And remember I was grounded for two weeks for that. Even though they cut it out. It wasn't even on TV. But the outrage. I'm not flipping the birth Richard, still go wow, it was shocking. It was a Catholic primary school as well, so there was like outrage scandal at this.
Speaker 3: There was a kids TV show when I was in primary school that was like a kid's version of the news. I think it was called Behind the News and each week they would invite students from around the Australia to be on the show. And my friend got invited to be on it and it was a big deal with the whole school. We went into the same room to watch him on his episode of Behind the News Gabriel and they asked him a question and he just didn't reply, Oh, complete silence.
Speaker 4: You don't ever in your life, do you story, You don't ever get away from that studio that stays with you throughout childhood at school. Alright, let's do extra time or a time waster. We're looking for animal movies this week it's hug a Pet Day. But you, sire, I was furnishing with apparently three killer animal facts. Seals will get seasick if you put them on a.
Speaker 3: Boat, but they like those pontoons Francisco.
Speaker 4: For years, scientists thought the platypus was a joke. Even when one was sent back to be studied. They thought it had to be a prank of different animals sewing together. These are what I called killer animal facts, and no one's mine's been blowing. And on ostridge farms, some farmers have a hard time with breeding because the ostrich is more sexually attracted to humans than that. That sounds like an excuse to Rio. These are weak sauce animal facts. They're not killer whatsoever. And that's made.
Speaker 3: Up my brothers. That ostriche instigated. I had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 4: How do you even know when an ostrich is sexually attracted to you? Actually, don't even answer that. I don't want to know. I did find out last week. I was listening to some very dry podcast about sleep, Angie Schuberman. It's like a five hour episode. What is it now about a lot of podcasts where it's like Martin school Stacey to her.
Speaker 3: No longer than better?
Speaker 4: Yeah, three three hours, been market school, three hours all on sleep. I can go. This is going to send me to sleep anyway. The most interesting thing I found out is that Spider's dream how do they know?
Speaker 5: I know?
Speaker 4: Idea? No idea. Please get back to me, Angie Shuberman. All right, So animal movies, Chinchilla's in the midst Dude wears my cat?
Speaker 3: Oh you would if they tried to send the.
Speaker 4: Coy story. That's more like it. Coy story, beautiful goldfish, Willie, this is uh, this is a killer one here. Willy Wonka and the Chicken Factory. Come on you Chukes harder Wonka Chucks. Okay, Jack, what do you got for animal movies?
Speaker 3: There's something about veterinary that's that's smart.
Speaker 4: It's academic.
Speaker 3: Silver plus Aquarium for a Dream.
Speaker 4: Aquary's a red queen for a dream. That's a smart one. Actually.
Speaker 3: Bronze and dry food. Miss Daisy the wet food. Use her a tummy ache? File that under. Dude, where's my cat? They both belong together.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: David Een his emails from he's listening to us on the Iaheat app and cam Loops, British Columbia, Canada. Wow, wee, I took my head cam Loops. I think that where the North and South Thompson Rivers met. I.
Speaker 3: I've always been marveled at geography.
Speaker 4: Tourish you know what I've shown my photos when I went to the sun Peaks Resorts hiking trails with numerous ski runs lying top of the head northeast I think it was, and I saw a lot of cougars and bears that inhabit the British Company a wildlife part east of town. Of course, David Dean, you'll back me up on that west right above the Kamloops there. And also I think at the last census in two thou sixteen, top of my head, population of ninety thousand, two hundred and eight. But I've got some of that just off the top of the head the information there. But David, thank you very much. He's got a time waste to bother you.
Speaker 3: And Christians just opened his eyes again. He did that all with his.
Speaker 4: I should go on that it's academic. So we're established that he existing in Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada, Willie Wonka and the chocolate Lamb factory gold Well and David Dean, thank you very much. All right. Animal Movies d sxt in the city. That's from bo Joseph and his amazing technicolor dream Goat gold Horses here are who Silver plus now with the animal more easily startled the horse. He's just slothed that into you, okay, Adam, impress, it's very hard to a pigeon and a you. Silver, the Da Vinci toad Gold, Oh brother, where our owl?
Speaker 3: Bronze? We brought a root Gold.
Speaker 4: That's very good, Chris, very good. Horn. Here's a moo gold cocky Boboa Silver plus pup fiction silver goats who stare up men gold, how they like it? That's very good. There's something about fairy penguins. Silver. Mere catch me if you can, Mere, catch me if you can.
Speaker 3: Silver plus the Good, The Man and the Pugly Silver.
Speaker 4: Raiders of the Lost, Hard Park gold and Richard Lindhurst one Batman's basic Bronze. Yes, ten things I hear about shrews to woodland foles Silver off the top of your hand, Honey, I skunked the kidnap trying to bronze dead poodle rather than dead Paul. Yeah, I got it, Dean, Thank you Silver, Edward squirrel hands Gold, the Pomeranian Bronze termite Anata silver, you me and bulk fleas look but typing even the phrase bulk fleace? Can you fight the from the dark web. Dude wears my camel silver, the Meal Tricks.
Speaker 1: Gold and Harry Trotter Gold, the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: On my way into it this morning, there was a trade. This guy's the dream employing. This guy was in a real rush to get to work. He was like swerving in and out of the cars. He couldn't wait. And this was like a sort of ten past five this morning. He could not wait to get to site. And I thought, my god, the gusto of that man is putting a shift to day. Admirable on a Wednesday as well. Anyone can have that attack and verve on a Monday. But on a hum day and Wednesday, that guy is to get And it looked like you work for a big construction company who are working on the West Gate. He wants to get that tunnel done by Friday.
Speaker 3: We all want it done. We all want to done.
Speaker 4: This guy is leading the charge right now. He's probably manning that boring machine that you see on the news, carving it out, drilling into the earth for us. Thank you, sir, We want to salute you. So on a Friday, everyone gets excited about what time you knock off. On a Friday. Right, it's a big thing, isn't it. Knock off Friday. We have feature we play this knock off Friday. You called in, you tell us what time me knocking off? Everyone gets excited and they need to tell us what you're up to the weekend. We need this on a Wednesday. We need knocking on, We need knock on Wednesday. We need to celebrate those of us who are trying to turn up on a Wednesday with the same energy we had on a Monday. So if you're on your way to work right now, or you're already at work, you're knocking on, you've knocked on. We need to saloop you. We need to celebrate you. Jack. We have prizes for people that we're going to everyone who calls in, so let us know where they're heading to work or where they are already at work knocking on.
Speaker 3: We've done a stock take of the show merchandise. There are five mugs, sixteen magnets, sixty two pen.
Speaker 4: You might want to clarify the magnets like fridge magnet.
Speaker 3: Aren't they magnet?
Speaker 4: They're nice, It's not just a general magnet. I don't frown like that when I said nice he went, we meant to look. We can't stand by that shoddy ye revolting thin and they are way.
Speaker 3: It's a fridge magnet. It's not a luxury big mag fridge magnet. It's you know, a small.
Speaker 4: Rector ever dissed the march.
Speaker 3: Why would you want a magnet coming so far off the free prob better?
Speaker 4: Exactly? Yeah, thin is easier to magnetize as well. I'm guessing cheaper, heavier. They've got to use more magnetic powers. You've got to pay.
Speaker 3: Do you think they make magnets.
Speaker 4: I think it's wattish. They have like a watches to them, a magnetized British cam Loops North and South Thompson rivers.
Speaker 3: I actually thought, I've actually never thought about how they make magnets, but I thought there was some kind of magnetic material that they dig out of the ground and then they slice it into magnets.
Speaker 4: Magnetium more may have made that up. Maybe watch a cartoon as a kid where someone was made of magnetum more. Alright, anyway, the good news is from Pens magnets. The mugs, though, are one hundred percent muggy. They're not the quality. We stand by the mugs the rest of attack. Good luck with it. And the pens all right, the pin's pretty good. Yeah, just don't lean too hard on it. It will snap my snap the other day. Other than that, we're all good to go for prices for you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Everyone knows about knockoff Friday. Knock Off Friday's easy. We celebrate it. We have a feature called knockoff Friday. It's all about kickstart the weekend, asking you, ty guys, what time are you knocking off for a Friday. We need that same spirit though on a Wednesday, on hump Day and Wednesday. We need to reclaim Wednesdays with passionate and energy. Put in a shift. It don't work. Workers of the world. You nice. So if you're already at work, you're already knocked on, or maybe you're pulling up. That's the other thing we always say, isn't we have just pulled up? We only ever use those words We're just pulled up? Maybe just pulled up. You've knocked on, you're knocking on. There're three ways to get involved this morning. You pick your show, merch you winners well as we reward the great workers out there already knocking on, Jackie boy, What have we got to give away today? You pick?
Speaker 3: We have five show mugs, sixteen show magnets and sixty two show pens.
Speaker 4: Christian knocked on six am working with the phone lights right now, it's so dark, too busy calling, but I'm desperate need of a dodgy French magnet. Chris, WI can help you out there. We'll set you on, Chris, well done. Who else that we got here? We've got David Or is already at work. He's just pulling up. Actually, it's just pulled up. Chat David would love a mug? How many mugs left we got?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Are we going to give him? He hasn't told us what he does?
Speaker 7: Is working?
Speaker 4: Text me about We need to know all the detail about what.
Speaker 3: There's only five mugs?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, let's go to Veronica Coome morning. Veronica, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good Veronica, great name as well, Veronica. So are you pulling up or have you already knocked? Tom?
Speaker 9: I've just knocked on at six o'clock this morning at Dery Long South, get your right takeaway?
Speaker 4: Good? What would you want like a mug? A magnet? A pen.
Speaker 7: Oh mugg, wo'd be fun?
Speaker 4: All right, you can have one of our show mugs, Veronica, thank you very much for your work in service.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Christian, have a good day.
Speaker 4: And you uh.
Speaker 3: Manis Marinus.
Speaker 10: We got that right, Marinus, you're doing Thanks good morning, Christian, love your show.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you very much. That is a great old you sound like a sailor. It's an old Dutch name, Marinus. Like that is that one of those Dutch sort detective Nours TV show? A very grim one Marinus? All right? Anyway, Marinus, enough about the name. Marinis. You' knocking on.
Speaker 10: You're putting up just about to just about to pull up at the job. This is a job which I've been working on for too long. I'm an electrician, so we just today is the last day we should be here hanging.
Speaker 4: On a thread. There watched this guy working on threat. It has to be the last day, Marinis. It's not the last day we've got to No, it's my last day. Set this place down. Okay, that's the spirit. We don't actually want we don't know. Yeah, what are you up to? Marinas?
Speaker 10: Okay, I'm just tidying up the last few bits on the electrical work we've been doing at this house for renovation. It's a really old lot from eighteen nineties. Health presented sign challenges six.
Speaker 3: Months of electrical work on a residential.
Speaker 4: Health I guess those old places, right, You've got to sort out the ring main, haven't you. I guess there's a few of those yep, yep, yeah, sparky and sparky. You know only your level would like to dabble on that ring Maine.
Speaker 3: Which ones we cannot encourage dabbling in electrics?
Speaker 4: I know it's a pros.
Speaker 3: Somebody who has a license got a dabbling.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, stay off those ringmans. Leave it to us pros marriness. All right, Marinis, what do you want a pen there for sight?
Speaker 10: A mug mag A mug would be fantastic.
Speaker 8: Christian, good choice.
Speaker 4: All right, Well down for the last six months, putting your shift in there, doing up that place.
Speaker 10: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you very much, Ellie. Good morning, Good morning, Christian. Now are you I'm good Ellie? I hope you having a good week so far. Now you're just pulled up? Are you knocking on?
Speaker 8: Just pulled up?
Speaker 9: I'm bout to walking tour. We finished late last night, back on seven this morning.
Speaker 4: You work hard.
Speaker 9: What do you do, Ellie, I'm a police officer.
Speaker 4: Oh well, genuinely, thank you very much for your service.
Speaker 9: You have a VIC police Yes, yeah, and extra excited because it's my birthday today and my coworkers. So there's cake at work.
Speaker 4: Hap, Happy birthday. What's your coworker's name as well, kaz So shout out to Caves, Shout out to Cash, Shout out to Ellie.
Speaker 9: Yeah. So yeah, we're back to work, finishing at three and then home to enjoy birthday celebrations of the family.
Speaker 4: You know what I like? I like the idea of the police getting excited today, not about taking down perks, but a little bit of cake. If you're dealing with baddoer is, you need to break that up? Ying and Yang, I say, celebrate the wonder in the world with a nice bit of cake leaving to day. Yeah, it's good for you. Why not enjoy your cake?
Speaker 8: Ellie? Thank you?
Speaker 4: By the way, would you like a mug of pen a.
Speaker 9: Magnet, a mug Christian?
Speaker 7: That would be awesome.
Speaker 4: Do you want for kas as well on a birthday? Why not? Why not? Why not enjoy the cake.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Two things we'd like to get involved with you guys right now. First of all, someone without consulting Google, who is smart enough to simply explain to Jack and I and everybody else listening, how is a magnet made? You know, there's so much stuff we just take for granted because you don't appear ignorant by ever saying out loud, how is that magnet made? The close thing I could get was just guessing. They get a big block off that basic material and they put it next to another machine which has got magnet on it. Sort of it magnetized, you know, not your hotel key card when you go down and go apart. It next to my phone. I can't get in. I'm on the floor, and they just they swipe it on that machine then put the little keys in.
Speaker 3: I think it's like that, So you think it's made in the lab, whereas I just assumed they dig some magnet.
Speaker 4: A crane, a crane hand grabs the magnetium, all right, check it out on the periodic table bomb left, I think it was, grabs it and then takes over flat thing they have at the hotel foyer and rubs it a couple of.
Speaker 3: Times on it, right, it sounds like a giant, giantic robot hand scanning your barcode at the market.
Speaker 4: The magnetium, Yeah, it grabs it out of the earth or something in Perth under Perth and then swipe someone those machines like your hotel fobcard.
Speaker 3: Which I thought they just dug the magnetium out of the ground and then slice.
Speaker 4: It up in tidy it up a bit, you know, like a butcher might in that sliding They've got a giant on those sliding machines that they get to get you some slices of Yes, that's what we think in terms of how a magnet's made. If anyone knows anything different about how a magnet is actually made without going to Google, please give us a call a nine four one four one four three. The other thing we're desperate to hear about is if you were a kid and you were on TV. If you're on TV as a kid, it was a big deal. I reckon it still is now at schools if you're on TV. Yeah, or do you think now it's been blaced by TikTok If you have a TikTok any viral.
Speaker 3: Anyone can go on TikTok, but TV still got some allure about it, and if you're on TV as a kid, extra points. If you're on a game show especially. My favorite game show was Amazing as a kid, and my dream was to be one of the contestants on it. I never was, So how did it work?
Speaker 4: Describe it to me?
Speaker 11: Then?
Speaker 4: What was amazing? Two schools up against each other.
Speaker 3: Two schools up against each other, and the kids would run through a maze collecting keys. They would also do a round of Mario Kart. Was simply just firing up at Nintendo and playing Mario Kart and whoever won won that prize.
Speaker 4: We had a TV show. It sounds like this, right, It was mainly not. I think that must have just given them two is of coke.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 4: They were mainly now hyperactive, hyperactive, sugar adult kids that would just want to It was actually called run around, and there was the host would discover yelling at kids to run around, very spits the studio doing things.
Speaker 3: Yes, there was a lot of running in kids TV in the nineties. And the other thing they loved was.
Speaker 4: Goo of some sort. Oh my god, there was always some sort of goo.
Speaker 3: Thing there was a show called Download where contestants would hover under a giant nose and snot would fall on them. I forget, maybe I got a question wrong or something like that. Then they get covered in giants.
Speaker 4: Not the Christian O'Connell show podcast Pats He's got the Day of today should be back with us tomorrow. Christian magnets. The mineral that they come from, it is not called magnetium. Well, how do you know that a gas like me like this, Sue? It's called hematite, okay, wake up, sheep. Well it's called hematite, is it? Okay? Well, then the rest of us know it as magnetium. Okay, So we do want to know how does the magnet work? And the other thing we want to know is were you on TV? As a kid? My school was on this very dry old BBC show from the eighties called fines Keepers, actually hosted by a professor of maths Drial nerd Fest. Obviously I wasn't on the show. It's so I was simply in the audience giving it double thumbs up. Before I bet you a bit of the theme tune, which is terrifying, and listen to it back now years ago on the BBC. We had things called a continuity announcer where man just a voice would come on to reassure you about what you just watched and what was coming up next. That was now, I don't know what this brave new world is of TV in different shows, have a listened to this guy.
Speaker 12: You can see the second pass of the adventure of the Disappearing Dispatch Case in twenty five minutes when the Baker Street Boys go into action.
Speaker 4: Before that, amazing imagine if we're a guy going and mister Christian O'Connor way back tomorrow morning and now huggy in board shorts and thongs.
Speaker 12: You can see the second pass of the Adventure of the Disappearing Dispatch Case in twenty five minutes when the Baker Street Boys go into action.
Speaker 4: What's coming for that?
Speaker 12: Finders Keepers introduced by Richard Stilgoe.
Speaker 4: It's like some sort of sci fi horror. Years and years ago. Steven Merchant, who co wrote and directed The Office with Ricky Gervais, was on One when he was a teenager. A TV show that you've seen, Massive kids Blockbuster, hosted by man who was about nine hundred years old, Bob Honus.
Speaker 13: What means income from property or investment and when preceded by inland is the departmental that looks after income tax revenue.
Speaker 4: Revenue is raped. Thirteen year old boy should know about taxation? What drive? How did much ever get late? It's a wonder, it's a wonder. Hell, it's not a flex at thirteen to no correct turns out taxation policy in the country. All right, why are you on TV as a kid? Nine four one O four three?
Speaker 2: Good morning mickod morning Jack and Christian?
Speaker 4: Here you Mick? What were you on as a kid?
Speaker 2: I'm going to so called doubledare.
Speaker 14: On Channel ten names scenario's most game shows. You had to answer a series of question. If you couldn't answer it, you did the other team to answer it. If they couldn't answer it, they doubled it back to you. And you got to then call for a physical challenge.
Speaker 15: Yeah, which usually involved some kind of stupid thing running around the studio doing whatever and getting covered in chocolate slime which tasted like crap. Yes, and mind you, we got the pants beaten office And I told all the kids at school or my family what night I was going to be on.
Speaker 2: They all watched it, and man, did I get toasted at school?
Speaker 3: So you got slimed.
Speaker 2: I got slim with chocolate sauce and it was crap. It was drinky trap and yeah, not good.
Speaker 15: And the idea was to get as covered in and as much as you could for the cameras.
Speaker 4: So yeah, not enough on TV?
Speaker 7: Yeah, too much insurance policy is going on?
Speaker 4: Slim anymore snowflaing slime flakes? Meck, thank you very much and have a good day.
Speaker 8: Thank you, you two guys.
Speaker 2: Take easy.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning, Brady, young Bret. That voice okay, yeah, just early morning. Yeah, I get it. Yeah, that's it, Brad. You on TV as a kid, Yeah, mate, I was on a show called Romper Room Room. Tell us about Romper Room when was this eighties?
Speaker 6: It was a preschool sort of a thing where you got a bunch of kids and there was a puppet named mister Dooby and uh miss Helena and uh he done things like balance balls and punch balls and balancings on your head and sung.
Speaker 8: Songs and all that sort of stuff. Some wrong Dooby, wrong doobey.
Speaker 4: I don't think it was hearing this.
Speaker 8: Yeah. They used to say, doo be your doob don't be don't be.
Speaker 4: And all that sort of stuff, but the title.
Speaker 6: I was the only kid in history of the show to actually be removed.
Speaker 4: Why what did you do?
Speaker 8: Well, mister Doobey was up there reading us all the story and I've got up, walked up and.
Speaker 6: We were mister Dooby with a hand puppet and I've walked up and grabbed a hand puppet.
Speaker 4: No, you do not do that. You know, you don't touch mister behind the desk. It's like the Wizard of Oz. You don't go and see him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like agro mate no one.
Speaker 3: So were you on live TV? Would people have seen?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: With live TV they took us out in the back and I wasn't allowed back on.
Speaker 8: And I do believe about that.
Speaker 6: Miss Helena never ever saw a bread through the magic mirror.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, so much going on here. Now we know why the throes are scratch. Mister d said around him. Afraid with you?
Speaker 8: Brad?
Speaker 2: Thank well?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christien late seventies. I was selected being a contestant on Saturday Morning Kids TV here in Melbourne. They were filming at the Exhibition buildings in Fitzroy to spin a wheel Uh, this was unmer back day. I want a dole from Charlie's Angels, best day of my life as a kid, huge being anywhere near like show bez at That or TV Now I'll Last Caller Brad Talker's taken us through the Romper Room.
Speaker 3: Which we'd never heard of. A nuts show. Apparently in Australia in the nineteen seventies.
Speaker 4: Quite a few of yon text did watch it as a kid, remember it fondly, and one of you, Aaron Barry, says that they saw the episode where he did.
Speaker 3: That he took them head off the puppet.
Speaker 4: When you play back a lot of it and think about a lot of the TV shows that we grew up with, they were nuts, like really odd. This is enough to send anyone into some kind of psychic frenzy.
Speaker 17: Oh mister DVDJO want you you're some straight away?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 4: I thought so.
Speaker 13: Well, let's sing mister Dobe special shots song.
Speaker 17: Shall we all say? Really please?
Speaker 4: Mister music irritating be noise.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a fly in the story.
Speaker 4: This is at Gwan Tanama Bay to make them talk.
Speaker 17: Oh, mister d did you want to hear your son straight away?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 13: I thought so well, let's sing mister Dobe's special shot song. Shall we also really please mister music, thank you?
Speaker 4: I try to do what.
Speaker 17: And not do anything wrong?
Speaker 4: Would you turn on to Netflix now to a meeting? We're playing this. This is the pitch really all day.
Speaker 3: This is mister DB's favorite song.
Speaker 4: Then there was some nonsense with the mirror song bumper stump a boo, roper stumper, that's not right for kids. Rump a stumper, rump a bumper stump a boo.
Speaker 17: Till me tell me, tell me do magic mirror? Tell me today? Have all my friends had fun to play? And I can also see you now? Look here another day.
Speaker 4: Same time in the drive me mad? If you is your job posting that, I'd need a doob to get through that. Every day. Shane's on the mine. He was on TV as a kid. Good morning, Shane, Good morning sir.
Speaker 19: How are you really enjoy your show? Coming to work? I put it on every morning and.
Speaker 2: I get a laugh.
Speaker 4: That's great, Oh lovely, that's lovely to know. Thanks for sharing that with a Shane. So you're on TV as a kid.
Speaker 19: Oh many many years ago, my sister and brother were a sort of a musical family. Dad as a country singer, and Mum got us on Brian and the juniors and that was back in the black at white TV days.
Speaker 4: Oh well, so would have been the sixties or early seventies.
Speaker 19: Oh god, don't ask me, I'm sixty eight now. It was a long time ago. So yeah, Brian and the and also a little show in Shepperdon at a local TV show up there, and we were on a teent churst there and run a little tape recorder and that was awesome.
Speaker 4: You want to tape record? And what do you remember the song you were doing with the family, the musical.
Speaker 19: Family, Yes, I do. It was called Lemon Tree and the seekers is to sing that and we we learned that song. I played the ukulele and.
Speaker 4: Very talented Swiss family, Robinson, weren't you all?
Speaker 2: Oh we were.
Speaker 19: Yeah, there's no we didn't even have electricity up there, and so we used to sing around the round the fire place and yeah, this is amazing.
Speaker 4: Can you remember the lemon Tary song? Can you do any of it now for us?
Speaker 19: Oh god, I couldn't do it now, but give me a UKULELEA might give it a crack, but not run with me at the mondment.
Speaker 4: No, we don't believe we have one in the studio.
Speaker 19: Forget one five string banjo, and I've got a perfect place for you to take your care of it. And if you weren't, I've got a fine ruby kN ray.
Speaker 4: And you know we could do Jordan banjos together.
Speaker 19: Yeah, what deliverance once?
Speaker 4: Have we? Okay?
Speaker 19: Yeah, if you are up there, just locked the caravan of.
Speaker 4: A night of the Europe, We've got a long way for mister Doobi.
Speaker 1: Christian Connells Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian just the crazy Bando Banjo Jude on talking about Romper Room you or the biggest smile on my face? Remember that show I loved as a kid. I remember every word to the song you played earlier and tucked away somewhere in my wardrobe. Still have my green romper Room basket that kids used to wear on their heads to learn how to walk straight and tall. And yes there was a song that went along with that too. They they wasted no opportunity to make a song out of nothing. The producers on that show, thanks for bringing up today. We've enjoyed the trip down memory lane. Thank you very much. Karen. All Right, yesterday we were talking about how we needed a venue. Last three cards were wondering how quickly you reckon someone could run in a pound of thongs one hundred meters because it is very, very hard to run even a short distance in thongs. So we needed a venue and ideally what we wanted was a proper one hundred meters straight and athletics track. Now, obviously there's none of those around Melbourne. It's a very unsporting city here, you're well known for it. There's no ovals, there's no tracks. We have a home for our race.
Speaker 18: Hey Christian, it's Scott here from m columbiad Athletics Club. I'm just one up the spring coaches. I believe that you're in the need of trek and we've got an athletics trek in Clifted Hill. It's a good track, it's just been recently race serviced a couple of years ago. So if you needed any equipment, we're happy to supply the equipment. Starting blocks, step gun and here. We can get you underway with these, so no problems.
Speaker 4: We have a venue all right. We have starting blocks as well, and we've got the camp gun from the Bubbla starting gun staff, so there's going to be eight lanes. Now, eight athletes, all wearing the golden thongs, who will go across the finish line the quickest?
Speaker 12: You?
Speaker 4: We need Perry with You know they have that photo finish don't they. It's always in black and white with like the chest pushing forward. We need to finished for the end of the race. It lined up. So we've only got eight lane, So eight of you are going to be racing next week. This is going to be the end of next week. So if you wan in, why should we pick you as one of the eight? Why do you think you'd be really fast? Have you got some sort of form that you can tell us about traveling very quickly wearing thongs? Or are you And then when we did one last game, are you someone that could have gone all the way and represented Australia in athletics. We're going to hear from a lot of those I could have been the next cath Freeman.
Speaker 3: Are you going to be responsible for people pulling ham strings or no, that's their own business. I just wanted to make sure, Yeah, it's their own business, that's what they compete in our race.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's right. Yeah, I mean we've got them for how long do you think it will actually take?
Speaker 3: Well, are you saying you can run it in sub ten seconds? But in thongs with guys who are watching their hamstrings?
Speaker 4: Maybe twenty I don't think it's going to be. I don't think it's going to be. It won't be twenty seconds three? And what do you reckon? Ah?
Speaker 3: I think it'd be much faster.
Speaker 4: I think it won't be faster than twenty. Think it'd be fa I think it'd be I think it'd be slower than twenty. So what happens if they blow a plugger? Right? Then you've got to reattach that reattach it to your foot and carry on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which you're pretty much out of that stage. If you've blown a plugger and you're getting down trying to.
Speaker 4: I'd be surprised. You just want to go back in there? All right? So who wants in? We've got eight lanes. If you want one, come and get it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Jacks said to me he's happy to be one of the eight, but just feel a bit awkward if you want to beat you all, well, I'm retiring. Jack Posts chucked his name in the ring. Could he be the fastest man on earth in thongs, then me tube. All right, So next week we're going to line up eight of you. You're going to race against each other. Here will be the quickest in a pair of thongs. We have a track. We need the athletes, Shane.
Speaker 8: You want in, Yes, I do.
Speaker 4: Good morning boy, Good morning Shane. Welcome to the thong race and uh thank you. Why do you think you could be quick?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 20: Reckon?
Speaker 7: I could show up some of these youngest fellows who if they are pretty stem but from my age ability fit or can I can show them one or two tricks?
Speaker 8: Used to be sure?
Speaker 4: Did you used to be a sprinter? What's your form?
Speaker 2: I used to play a lot of basketball and during the football, so in my time I still do a lot of running, just very active.
Speaker 4: How quickly do you think you could do? One hundred meters and a pair of songs? Shane?
Speaker 20: A pair of songs?
Speaker 7: Probably I'll go for fourteen seconds.
Speaker 3: Wow, I mean you just said it. You can say anything he wants.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it sounds that I believe in more than I believe you could do it. I think Shane would beat you. Shane.
Speaker 3: How old are you?
Speaker 7: Fifty four?
Speaker 4: Prime I'll be prime. This is when we're you know, they say these days, when you get into that fifty plus, you're really into that white hot that window there your it's not that cheesus maturing for a while. So I'm back in you Shane. All right, Shane, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: No, I thank you.
Speaker 4: Djon. Good morning to Jon, very good morning too. Good morning d Jon.
Speaker 5: So you want into thong race, I'd absolutely love to be part of this. I think it's I've got a great pedigree doing races. I started off with the cheese rolling in the UK and the ended running of the Bills in Spain.
Speaker 11: My last long dream is to do the wist carrying champs in Scandinavia.
Speaker 7: I think this would be the next step in that training regiment.
Speaker 8: I like that.
Speaker 4: No, I'm happy to be a closer runner up to the wife carrying championships.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you travel the world doing funny races.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, well these are all very serious races.
Speaker 11: I think it's very important to get that could win your wife's wait and beer, so very very important, guys.
Speaker 4: And how do you train that? Do you take your wife down the oval and chuck it on your shoulder? And you do some laps.
Speaker 7: No, you just make sure she weighs really, really little.
Speaker 4: That's what has you in trouble, traveling around neighbors looking for small fatigue. Women train in the I don't know how much fear we can win. And that's a kicker for any woman that's to get an approached like that. FIFA, it's fifty to fifty. Oh what was the old cheese rolling race? Like that looks fun?
Speaker 7: Oh that was so good, except there was no it was apparently it was no longer official because too many people got injured.
Speaker 11: And unfortunately I just dislocated my finger and there was no medical staff to put it back.
Speaker 4: In so that yourself. Can't you even dessiccate your finger? You just twisted back in.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's a There was a doctor there in the crowd.
Speaker 10: She helped me.
Speaker 11: It just wouldn't go back in. So I went to the hospital afterwards to get a checked out. And some dude that as he had rocked up drunk, didn't know he had missed the race, so did it anyway and broke his legs.
Speaker 4: So that was trying the flag wherever you want the work. He didn't know he missed the mess your prown. That's what I became a citizen. You know, I like you? All right?
Speaker 1: Stay there The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much for all the memories of the amazing TV show. There was a Romper Room. Mark said, remember that they had a song just called punch a Ball. We've dug it out. Why'd you get a load of this? Because it's fun to punch.
Speaker 16: Punch, punch, punch, because punching so much fun. What use your ristor and dark?
Speaker 4: Thank run? Wow, this explains VFL the really old thuggy days. Those players grew up with this.
Speaker 16: Punch punch, punch, punching so much fun. Use your ristor and dark.
Speaker 4: Thank run. Christian Romperm also had a song simply for stretching. Uh. It was called Bender's Stretch, Bend and stretch. Reach for the stars. There goes Stupid, It comes Mars luckily. And I mentioned of youranu. So I'm fifty six and I still remember this is why I was never allowed on kids TV and just fifty six and I still remembers the songs from Julie Janine does as well. Christian's listen to you two about Romper Room. I'm fifty two years old, grew up with that the romper room. Still remember quite the few of the songs. If you want give me a call, I can sing some over the radio. Was also very disappointed that Miss Helena never saw me in the Magic Mirror. Hug He came in, remembered it and said that he had the hots for it's Helena Jackie look and a little bit confused. But that's young Huggey for you. Uh, that's Yuckey for you. He also queried something about the thong race. Huggy lives in thongs. Seriously, I read the idea was born from It was when he came running in here and he couldn't quite run in at speeds, and it was just like his feet were like t Rex Clause trying to grip into the to the carpet here, which is what I wonder. How quick someone good wrong hockey came in suis He said, one thing you need to consider about that pole raised next week is moisture.
Speaker 3: Humidity in the air. We'll make it slippery.
Speaker 4: So make sure we've got humidity measurers on the day down there as well at the athletics. Trade in thongs. Yeah, all right, So we want to know today? Then what would kids today have no idea about? On nine four three Roma starters And they're the better for it. It's fun to punch things, Jackie. Well, what will kids today have no idea about the Internet?
Speaker 3: May it makes it easy to see so many things what I had to do in as a child, when you wanted to walk through for a game, hints and tips, you had to call a Nintendo hotline.
Speaker 4: I want to get like cheat coos stuff.
Speaker 3: Yes, the particular game I was playing was Game Boys Pokemon YEP, and I couldn't get through the dark cave with the diglets and I had to call this line and for was it one of those sort of yes, because I didn't even get to the point where they gave me the walkthrough because I got told off my parents for calling their hot But Nintendo would have a hotline that you can call and ask a specialist about games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, these days you'll just watch what is it on Twitch? They're on with all their cheat codes and YouTube. They've got all these hacks. The other thing that I was bore on my kids the other day with this is like years ago before texting and mobile phones and everything like that. You would simply go around to your friend's house just to see if they were in. You'd have to knock on the door. It was nobody else to buy their mum or dad, and they might not be in. If they weren't in, there was that walk of shame when you had to then get the bus home or that. So kids the the asa that would have any idea, there's no whatsapping or anything like that. You had to go around somebody's house and walk out whether or they were coming out to play.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian Romberham, he just nice me. I'm sure they had horseheads on sticks and kids would run around just in circles. They also had a dedicated time on the show where they would simply drink milk. I can't believe I just remember this for the first time ever. See these are amazing, some of these stories. Christian, thank you very much for taking a nudge me down trip down memory lane this morning. I was also a Romper Room fanatic at sixty. I can still remember the Mister Doobie song, the marching song that had a song about marching apparently, and the exercise song you just wrote up the lyrics too. I think it actually influenced me because I am now a mess Helena miss Elena for a living, working at Duntel Huggy miss Helena for a living, working as a kindergarten teacher for the last forty years. That's great, Debbie, all right, let's take some calls then about what will kids today have no idea about? On Facebook page? The terrifying excitement of a girl giving you her house number to ask you out. Radio Mike, who I believe is a friend of yours, paying one dollar sixty nine for a track on iTunes. Yeah, I found an old eepod the other day. I said, there's so much money trapped in that thing. I mean so much money. Now I'm going to stream it for like ten bucks a month whatever it is on Spotify. Multiplayer meant sitting beside your brother playing Super Mario Brothers on the Enny Snays and then starting a full on brawl. That's from Joe waiting for computer games to load off the cassette tape, then realizing it fell because the volume was wrong. Servo attendance Christian. I remember in Australia when there were attendanc they used to fill up your car for you.
Speaker 3: I only say that as an American thing in American movies.
Speaker 4: Yep, that's from Nick Peter. Good morning, Peter, Good morning, good morning. Show love the energy, Peter. Now, Peter, what would kids today have no idea about, no.
Speaker 20: Idea about the classic wall phone, the landline with the extended cord. I'd be talking to my girlfriend and I wanted to tell I love her, and I'd go into the cupboard and shut the door so now and Els could hear it, and I'd say.
Speaker 4: I love you, I love you. This is how we used to be. This is love in the eighties. I was the same as you. My dad wouldn't step to the long cord to act, drag the phone into the understands cupboard, shut myself in the dock and go.
Speaker 3: Terrifying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it was illicit love in the eighties. You all like hiding on that phone, and then you were your sister would yell at you You've been on too long. Peter. Were also only allowed to make calls to friends in the evening when it was half priced.
Speaker 2: Oh look, that was a bit of the case.
Speaker 20: And I'll tell you, whenever the landline would ring, it'd be like now the phones ringing.
Speaker 8: Who is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the world's calling. Who's come through the land with a message for us to that special line through earth? Peter, thank you very much, you call mate. That's cool the show, thanks guys. Ryan, Yes, Hello, good morning, Good morning, Ryan, welcome to show. And what would kids today have no idea about?
Speaker 2: The way to tell is your friends were home, there would be a pile of bikes out in the front of their house.
Speaker 4: You are all just dumped on top of each other. There's like an orgy of bikes there. Definitely, Ryan, thank you very much. Chicola has got a peek morning. Pete is he pepe Hey? Hey?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Pete, Hey, Hey, guys, there we go.
Speaker 4: Pete okay, Pete, well kiss today.
Speaker 2: Have no idea about ah, the magic and wonder of a cassette tape?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, there were enough very flimsy tends, you weren't they spoiling it with that pencil and then we get chewed up in the tape deck.
Speaker 2: Putt putting a bit of sticky tape over the tab so you could record over a recorded tape. And the elation of actually fast forwarding is stopping right at the beginning of the track.
Speaker 4: It was a fine art. It was a final art.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you did that, people would steer in wonder you were a legend.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 2: It was great, But yeah, you could have also the drama of having to try and pull the tape out or listening to a soul that slowed right down in the middle because you heard it too much. But that was fair test stuff.
Speaker 4: There's the other thing. If you left it on the dashboard in the heat and it got all melted, that was the end of that album. Not in the ocean in the car. All right, Pete, thank you very much. Kid. The Colls coming on? What will kids today have no idea about?
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcasts.
Speaker 4: Christian overhead projectors and transparencies in school classrooms? Do you remember the o HP that loud noise that used to make as well? And they used to have that piece of paper where they wouldn't want you reading ahead or too much. The lesson they were to get really protected about that, come that over.
Speaker 3: They would block out the Christians coming on.
Speaker 4: Gases. All the good stuff is yet to come.
Speaker 3: I feel like they always put that transparent piece of paper down the wrong way first and then had to flip.
Speaker 4: It over every lesson we're talking about. What will kids these days have no idea about nine four one four one O four three. It's the Christian O'Connell show on gold cars without air conditioning or power steering. Yep, pain by check feels like a real old school thing now, doesn't it. Anthony's one person's thrillers and other person's how the thrill of hiding dirty magazines from your parents? It just a thrill. But anyway, Christian, I'm not saying I did this, but connecting your friend's VCR to yours to illegally copy movies the mailways, sitting on your lap trying to do a hook turn in the city brings back memories. Do you remember the real drama as well? When where he wanted to go was in the crease or the edge of a page you had to pull over. It was quite hard to navigate with those things. Paying twenty five cents per text, creating ring tones, pushing corresponding numbers.
Speaker 3: Remember in text when we was paying for every text and you had one hundred and sixty characters and you start backspace backspace, what can I lose? So this is on the cost of one text.
Speaker 4: Now tapping out phone number on a rotary dial phone. You in the button and the cradle if your parents had put a lock in it. My dad did put a lock on it. Kids would have no idea about handing an assignment on floppy disk, hearing the pips on a payphone. Christian when the Christmas countdown to number one, was a really really big thing about who it's going to be this year, and then erum, it's coming back around. I remember, mum. They used to say grace before the kids had their snacks. They were to say this, God is great, God is good, and let us thank him for our food. As a kid, it bothered me installed us that good and food do not rhyme.
Speaker 3: On paper. Looks right, yeah, sound right?
Speaker 4: Thank you Carol. All right, let's go back to what kids today would have no idea about. Tim.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm the guy that people rang up if they got stuck on a video game. I'm the guy.
Speaker 4: So who did you work for?
Speaker 7: Kids say? They say, but yeah, it was up in the Sydney. It was my first job, my very very first job I had, and I always say I picked way too early.
Speaker 3: I found that incredible. So I used to call the Nintendo hot Line in time before Internet, when you couldn't get tips or walkthroughs. I called the Nintendo hot Line to a guy who knew essentially every part of every game. How did you know so much about the games?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: Well, we basically played them. We played them, so we in our hotline. We had two huge cupboards full of game.
Speaker 4: What sorry, I bet that was a great job.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, oh, as I said, teaked away too early. Yeah, so basically, you came into work, you played, you cracked them as best as you can. But unlike the other hot lines around the world, there were only a few. There's two in the US, one in the UK and two here in Australia, and I think there was or two in Japan, but everybody else's paper base. What we did was that we played the game and then we'd update this really old data base, you know, monochrome screen and yeah, and so we're sort of helping each other out. So there was four main guys, and I was one of them, and we were all called Sega Masters at the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember Sega Masters. I remember we had a game some of my friends. Do you remember wonder Boy?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, wonderful game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wonderful game. Yeah, I can never get very far on that, which I'd called you if any about you about then?
Speaker 8: Tim, Yeah we could have.
Speaker 7: But ironically, the most common game we ever got called up about was a game called that Alex Kidd in Americal World. And it was like every second call was about this game. And the first thing they'd say is I'm stuck in a room and say, all right, get your pen out?
Speaker 4: What what?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 7: Just get your pen out? And we just given the sequence and we'd say some ways moon starts on moving, wives fish starfish and they were the symbols, but they had the war carve up to finish the game.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a song off romper Room, not the starfish.
Speaker 4: That's a different kind of song.
Speaker 7: We all we we all have nightmares about that roote because we can still remember the scen.
Speaker 4: Keep coming well, lovely to chat him. We're going to go. This is great. Thank you very much for giving us a call.
Speaker 8: Nowha is guys the.
Speaker 1: Round by the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Trician would what kids would have no idea about cars that hand wind up windows. Also, I just want to say, guys, the punchaball song isn't about what we think. It is uh about the wrong room and the punch ball song which we can just still have punch.
Speaker 3: So much fun.
Speaker 4: It is what it is, use your wrist and it is about the fun of simply punching. Christian Ne. What she was singing about was the is how high tech TV used to be. The balls she referred to had a string attached to it and she would punch it back and forward. Oh, Nick, now explain all that. It's so much more exciting, all right, today's time waste. You can tell our producer Rio is from a finer part of Sydney. Thank you clean a day? Oh? Which one is it? Miss Monday, Friday, Miss Sunday?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 4: Thank min cleaner?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 4: We so relatable, so relatable, Thank you cleaner? Do thank you cleaner today?
Speaker 8: Please?
Speaker 4: Ria's not worried about those rising interest rates?
Speaker 8: Is he?
Speaker 4: And that bachelor Patty's got here that rooftop bar? Than can I clean a day? I must tell the chaps about this is Thank you clean to Day? Is foremost dishwasher expert. That's a job. Ashley Erdel has revealed top dishwashing secrets you shouldn't rinse your dishes first.
Speaker 3: I have been saying this for a long time. The dishwasher does a better job.
Speaker 4: That's what it's all that technology crammed in there. My wife is like, no, it hasn't. It can't break down those bigger part of it.
Speaker 3: He's got something in the dishwasher that breaks down you put anything in there.
Speaker 4: It has been there to chew up bits of Asanya pre rinsing tricks your dishwasher into thinking your place are cleaner than they are, so it won't work as hard.
Speaker 3: I never use that sensor mode. Do you have sensor mode on your dishwater?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 3: I don't know, so I never used him. But I assume that he scans the dishes and then he cleans judging on what he thinks.
Speaker 4: I only of it. Do you always put it on the same mode normal? I just put it on quick wash. You don't need to put the tablet in the holder. It will dissolve much faster if you throw it in the tub, and it gets much more of a thorough wash. I'm trying that today, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Grow straight in the tub, dear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're a thrower, ye you don't put it in that little drawer.
Speaker 3: Don't even know.
Speaker 4: I think it's tidy in there. It closes very nicely. Who knew? Thank you clean to Day. All right, so we're looking for your clean up bands, cleaner bands. Who's on stage at clean Fest? I'll tell you who. Crowded hose. I want to use it. I want the Finn Brothers gold you be forty great eighties band clean their app acts up they have? That's right you b w D fourty filth no more silver plus O J Closs, the OJ Closs silver and card Shure. Yeah all right, Jackie boy, what have you got cleaning bands?
Speaker 3: Peter Paul and Marie Kondo? Yeah okay, Silver Soapy alex Soapi Alis Bester sounds.
Speaker 4: The creepiest thing you've ever said, that microphone. Not that in the glory. No, carry on.
Speaker 3: The Bleach Boys. Beach Boys is gold and Pristina Aguilera.
Speaker 4: Also gold too. That is very very good. That is pristine itself.
Speaker 1: Christian Connells Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Time now to mark your time wastes cleaning bands, jack are you ready to mark Let's go? All right? The Squeegees gold well on, John Bock Finn the little Windex band silver, Peter Earth Windex and fire. That's it, Silver plan Simon friends or Rumba Yes, gold Punk robot cleaner. Thank your robot cleaner today. Scrub DMC silver clean Day Clean Days good and silver, scrub Daddy cool, bron Ac, dust met bronze. David Lee Cloth gold, that is gold. That's Kevin will done. Blink one eighty two becomes Jiff one eighty two bronze over there, Paul and Coopy rat hunters and wipers.
Speaker 3: Silver is eazy mop silver plus.
Speaker 4: Are you not easy with the goals today? Credence clear water recycled.
Speaker 3: That's good gold.
Speaker 4: Brian Williams, you do not own that gold. Mumford and Dyson's silver pluff slim, not so dusty, spick and spam, jiff C.
Speaker 3: Jay z jiff C bronze.
Speaker 4: The traveling wheelberries become the traveling wheelburrows. No, they actually don't brend them. That is not a silver. John May I have a hand to clean up, please, John Mayer. John May have a hand to clean up Gold Lee World. David L. Bowie grease with some David el Bowie Grease, Silver pas wet wet wipes, Silver zz mop, I heard it. You don't want to it again? Okay, you listens. Talk to anybody who's sending that one in Shimmy Hendricks Shimmy like a little shimmy. Silver dust rhymes gold. That's great, wash mouth instead of smash mouth.
Speaker 3: God done, David.
Speaker 4: Mopley, Crewe gold Amy, Westinghouse, Robert, thank you cleaner to there you cleaning my westing House sponging hoses.
Speaker 3: Oh that's very good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as is this one last one this morning? Adam's got Jeff Buckley sounds like the key we version give. Well, don't everyone that song for us this morning, and then we'll tell you about tomorrow's show.
Speaker 1: Today, Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow's Show Today Today. We stumbled into something right with you guys, which we were asking you, were you on TV as a kid one if you called up and said you on some show we'd never heard of called Romper Room, and you were actually were on that and actually went behind the counter and actually tried to have a look at one of the puppets. Mister Doobe.
Speaker 17: Oh, mister d did you want to hear you're some straight away?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 17: I thought so.
Speaker 13: Well, let's sing mister Doebe's special shots song. Shall we also really please mister music?
Speaker 4: I try to do what.
Speaker 17: And not do anything wrong.
Speaker 13: I'm a romp room.
Speaker 17: All day long.
Speaker 4: It's a bit of a leap in it from Mary Poppins to that sounds like a dress rehearsal that went on, t even the theme tune.
Speaker 8: Stuff.
Speaker 4: This is what I hangover, sounds like in my head. And then this is one of their bangers. This is one of the big hits.
Speaker 3: Punch Punch Punch song, much fun, use your.
Speaker 4: Rest hand thanking. This is appeal to all the all the vision producers to Channel seven for this weekend's games and Fox Footy put some footage of handballs to this punch. Otherwise, let's do that.
Speaker 3: Let's make that to ourselves today at the ad breaking they always use a big song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's mister bridside of the play. It should be this all right? So have you got any more memories about the romper Room. We want to have them on tomorrow show. Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot A. You thanks your calls today. We had so much fun taking the calls.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast