Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts. You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Every Wednesday.
Speaker 1: This time we look for your stories of coincidence and chance.
Speaker 2: What are demods?
Speaker 1: Believe it or not?
Speaker 2: What are the odds? You gotta be justhing me.
Speaker 3: Like, were you with Cheryl who married a Hun?
Speaker 2: Who worked with the Cheryl who married a Hunt?
Speaker 1: As well?
Speaker 2: What are the radio odds? I can say, no more, so much to say, so many songs to play? What are the odds? My friend friends, we're going to barbers a few weeks ago.
Speaker 4: To me, he goes, oh, what's your name? And I said, Oh, it's Paul. There was four other people in there, and the guy next to me goes, oh, my name's Paul. The barber says, my name's Paul, and the other guy says, oh, my name's Paul.
Speaker 5: Oh cool, Paul.
Speaker 6: I had an iPad stolen from my home and months later I get a phone call the police have identified my iPad. One of the police officers recognized photos from my brother's wedding. He'd been to primary school with him, knew the family and contacted my mind.
Speaker 2: Prayed my broakfast.
Speaker 7: Just the other day I cracked open the egg and had two yolks inside the one egg. And then I went on to have a banana and peeled the banana and there were two bananas inside the one peal.
Speaker 1: And that there is why you make the big switch to us Champagne Radio every single day. Call Christian for a good time. I only watch this all right, So what are the odds?
Speaker 2: Now? First of all, we've got Kim. What can I tell you about this person? Kim?
Speaker 1: Is that Tina and our very giggly producer could bear Please speak to me about the allowancey we're about to get.
Speaker 2: She went, Christians the rest Kim, Christian, Kim off you go. So it's a lad's tour.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Back in the nineties, mate, we'd hire a mini bus for a footing trip away to Sydney and as we got through Aubrey, a couple of the boys that had a few too many and there was a bit of shenanigans and we got pulled up by the local police just outside of Aubrey. Ah. He comes to the bus door. He says to the driver, you've got a bit of trouble mate. What's your name? He goes Aubrey. He goes, okay, we've got some smart asses here. And his mate goes, mate, nice, here is his name is Aubrey? What's going on? He goes, what's your name? His name was Cidy, goes Sydney. He goes, righty oh, boys, we'll sort this out of the station and Aubrey, no, check me laws and he goes get in the car. He took him to the police station. So we're on the side of the road. Half an hour later, the policeman comes back and even he said, what are the odds that I'll pull a butt up in Aubrey? The driver's named Aubrey and his mate's named Sidney. He goes, I will never live this day. And at the police, what are.
Speaker 2: The police odds? Never live that down? You can't couldn't show Shenanigan's had happened. Rio, That is a crazy story.
Speaker 4: Kim, Oh, we had a good laugh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you couldn't make it up.
Speaker 4: You couldn't make that up much.
Speaker 2: You couldn't. You couldn't if you try. Kim, great story. Thank you very much for sharing.
Speaker 4: Have a great show.
Speaker 1: Guys, thank you very much for trying. Uh carry, Good morning, good.
Speaker 5: Morning, good morning. How are you, Christian?
Speaker 2: I'm good. Carry. So what's your story for us on what are the odds?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Well, my mom was traveling to Scotland to look after my great grandmother because she was unwell, and my mom didn't realize she was pregnant. She didn't discover that till she got to Scotland. Anyway, my great grandmother passes away. Mom's about seven months pregnant and she decides to fly home, so she flies home. When she sits down on the plane. At the plane, she discovers that the lady next.
Speaker 4: To her is a midwife.
Speaker 5: So part way through the flight, as you would expect, the water breaks, the midwife delive is the baby and it ends up being twinned. No, mom didn't even know she was having twins, so she had a bit of trouble getting random chance or not, but next to a midwife sitting next to a midwife, go figure.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's meant to be.
Speaker 5: Super cool, super cool, really super cool.
Speaker 2: Let me guess midwife get ready reassured?
Speaker 5: Are you you know?
Speaker 2: That is an.
Speaker 1: Incredible carry beautiful story. I'm going to give you two hundred and fifty dollars to space the Chemist Warehouse.
Speaker 2: Love that story. Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Sure generous.
Speaker 1: Thanks you for sharing your story. Incredible story, Kerrie, thank you very much. Thanks you calling the show.
Speaker 2: Stephanie, Hi, how are you guys? We're good, Stephanie. Thanks you calling the show.
Speaker 3: That's all right. So my story. So my fiance James and I we were on our way up to New South Wales, driving through regional Victoria, and we stopped in this very remote town for lunch. I'm talking like there's a petrol station, a bakery in a pub and the only other handful of shops were all boarded up, and it was this tiny, creepy town and James and I were like, oh, you know, this would make such like a great setting for a Scooby Doo mystery, like tumbleweeds everywhere, like these creepy old black people whatever. And we were walking back to the car and parked next to the car was a mystery machine.
Speaker 1: What some dodgy care take it. It was always a dodgy care taker, always in a mask, meddling. Kids would have gone away with it exactly.
Speaker 3: We could not stop laughing.
Speaker 2: It was what are the Scooby odds? What was the what's the deal with the van? Though? What was Did you get to the bottom of that mystery?
Speaker 3: No, we didn't, but it was just the funniest thing. We just could not stop laughing. It was so funny. Yeah, no place for a mystery.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, thanks Stephanie, great story, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: It's just like it's going on with the would inspect to lodge it there? What actually happened? I'd like to actually know the facts of the story, because that's always the most interesting thing.
Speaker 2: What else is, well, what we like is a mystery, the injury?
Speaker 1: Well we ever know what we didn't have At the end of Scoop there was Listen, guys, actually, just let's just break down to beat their kids of what happened?
Speaker 2: You know, don't you.
Speaker 3: Want to know why there was a mysterious mystery?
Speaker 2: It's a mysterious van.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow on the show, Rea is running his own feature Our Stories of logic that can be easily explained and categorized.
Speaker 2: Who he got here? Kim?
Speaker 8: Good morning, Christian, Hi guys, how are you this morning?
Speaker 2: We're good Kim.
Speaker 1: Now, Kim, you're the person as a story about the patron Saint Anthony.
Speaker 2: I do great so love a Patron Saints story.
Speaker 1: Normally we take patron Saints on a Thursday, but I'm happy to take a confession now.
Speaker 2: For the Christians.
Speaker 8: So this was back in the eighties and I was playing competition netball and as I went on to the court, I gave my friend a cross in chain that was really special to me because you're not allowed to wear jewelry when you play. So he put it in his pocket and you know, played the game. Later that night, I asked him for the cross back and he couldn't find it, and I was devastated because it was really special to me. So I said, we have to go back to that field. And it was like two soccer fields, five network ports, and a whole load of grass everywhere that we've been all over.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 8: So we decided to go back. The gates of the oval were shut, but he and I got down on our bellies and climbed underneath the gate, went with torches looking all over the oval for this tiny little cross that anybody could have picked up. And anyway, after I don't know, an hour or an hour and a half or so we decided to give up, and we were just going back to the car. And as I was going back to the car, having learned about Saint Anthony in my schooling, I just said, oh, St Anthony, patriot of lost thing, how would you let me know if I was looking in the wrong spot? And I shone the torch down on the ground once more and it was right at the top of my big toe.
Speaker 2: Oh love this story. That's incredible. You found it, you got it.
Speaker 8: I could not believe it, Christian. Honestly, I just was about to give up and thought this could have been picked up by anybody all throughout the day and.
Speaker 2: There for us.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was pretty amazing. I thought you were pretty pretty against me.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I got it, Kim. I love your story. Thank you very much for calling up and sharing it with us this morning.
Speaker 4: Have a good day, Thanks Christian.
Speaker 8: Thanks guys, could.
Speaker 2: You google who the patron saint of our ratings is?
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell sh on Podcast