Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Now, Patsy, you need to listen up right. Jackie boy has suffered something yesterday. This is horrific.
Speaker 3: I've just sent you a photo of it. If you want to bring up Patsy, get this bank got a letter from a secret admirer local cafe.
Speaker 2: So handed to her by this dude a note.
Speaker 4: So hang on. She's sitting down having a bite to wait.
Speaker 3: She's on her own.
Speaker 2: Yep, is your baby? That boy there?
Speaker 3: No, Gordon's with me.
Speaker 4: She's on her wearing her wedding rings presumably.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because people just stick to that, don't they.
Speaker 3: She's got a bunch of rings that like, I wouldn't notice that. So you need a bunch of rings or something, four or five rings over a ten fingers. That's not that weird.
Speaker 2: But but you know, everyone knows what the wedding ring. Doesn't have any other rings.
Speaker 3: Actually, don't think she wears her wedding ring. I'm going all that funny.
Speaker 2: If you're taking that off, you're saying still available, that's right, that's it? Undecided.
Speaker 3: Well, this guy obviously thought that she was available. Could I read you the night that pl She came back giddy. After this happened, there was a bounce in her stead.
Speaker 2: Now before we go anymore, was he good looking?
Speaker 3: Well, this is what I heard from the other room, her telling my sister like, oh this guy, like, how cute is this little nose? And my sister asked what he was liking? She said, well, he had a lot of tattoos up his arms.
Speaker 2: He was very good looking. But that could be Johnny Depp covered in them. You're getting out there quickly.
Speaker 3: So the note says you were most likely just smiling out of politeness. But I think you were absolutely gorgeous and I'd love the opportunity to get to know you. If you're not single or interested, I completely understand, but wouldn't forgive myself if I didn't at least try have a great rest of your day. Then he's left his name and his number.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow, a thing to do with the day of like swiping to date. Now I didn't know people were still doing this. Yeah, given her thrill.
Speaker 3: It gave her a thrill. And look at look at his hand right.
Speaker 2: It is beautiful. This guy is a well educated, well healed man.
Speaker 4: He's even dated it in the top right hand corner. He's serious.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The date is an odd thing is if he's gone.
Speaker 2: He's serious just because he put the date there.
Speaker 4: But look at it, it looks like something out of I don't know, Shakespearean era.
Speaker 2: Someone can put the the writing you are too easily impressed Australian.
Speaker 3: It just needs one of those wax seals.
Speaker 2: Yes, who is this counter or lord?
Speaker 3: The date is an interesting thing because it makes it seem like Byankie gets so many secret admiral letters that when she's going through them at the end of the week, she's.
Speaker 2: Like, now this one is do you know why? Do you know why? And I use this word with impact. You know this creep has done this in his mind and he's obviously playing this forward. He's like, oh, we've still got that note that I dated you, right, I see game seas game my wife stop it. My wife still has a note that she gave me when we first met, before we started dating people. These days are two used to documenting everything. He's thinking, this would be something I get out during my wedding speech.
Speaker 3: Wait, the most shocking part of the story is that Sarah approached you.
Speaker 2: And how the way around, well, it makes sense.
Speaker 3: You got a secret admirer's note from Sarah.
Speaker 2: No, we were kind of already we were kind of already involved. She gave me a note after our first time together. It was a receipt for cash. Anyway, that's a whole other story. Let's go back.
Speaker 3: I don't think guys get as many stucred admira notes as women.
Speaker 2: But if we if we open up the lines now nine to four one four one O four three and asked if women had been in the situation where you've had a note from an admirer, we may get quite a few. None of them are from dudes. Would you just imagine you were single, Patsy right, you saw a guy and he caught your eye. Would you ever have written a nice note out because you've got nice handwriting and then handed it.
Speaker 4: To Absolutely not, because it would seem stalker ish.
Speaker 2: But that's a new word. Is it's christ twenty or thirty years ago? Maybe people would have done this, But you're right these days that it just frightens me.
Speaker 4: I think he's a hopeless romantic. Your mystery man, Jack, I'll tell.
Speaker 2: You he was not happened with this. I've just seen the body language and supposed arms folded. Someone here's good holded. That is the international scene sign language or.
Speaker 3: The cup only because Bianc wasn't freaked out by it. She's been giddy seeing she's had a bounce in her step. She was saying things like that, wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Be happy with this. She was like, I'd have gone down to that cafe and said, who's the creep hanging around you? And also is he a cereal creep? Has he got like loads of these? What's he? Who has a note on head like a fountain? The question, Christian, this guy is a serial creek. We need to know. I would have gone down there saying where is he now? And then challenging to a pistol jewel at acmr be your seconds. You always have to have someone who reload the pistol.
Speaker 3: No, he's got tattoos, Christian. We can't obviously tough, all right?
Speaker 2: So has anyone had a note from a potential suitor? Sort thing Patsy would say, is that potential admiral suit a handwritten note from them? And I'm guessing this is only women. Maybe that a guy's going to call in nine one O four three. Imagine if this guy was listening. You never know he's listening, right, Oh my god, he's one of our listeners. Now, what do you know about your wife's behavior in the cafe, because he says in there, maybe you were smiling politely.
Speaker 3: Yanker said she was looking off into space and then realized that when she came to that she was locking eyes.
Speaker 2: When she came but she done drunk.
Speaker 3: She was lost in thought.
Speaker 2: Yeap.
Speaker 3: She realized that she was accidentally staring into his own Jack, and then she smiled get out of there, like, oh.
Speaker 2: Hello, I'm telling you out. This is called buying signals. Christian O'Connell show podcast, Tell you what. There is a tense man, tense loverboy in the studio here, Jack Post. He's not happy with this bang out order, some creep headed the love of his life. His wife, Bianca a note in beautiful curse of writing as well. It'd be easier to disregard if it was manky sort of spiders scam.
Speaker 3: No, there's something very alluring about the handwriting. So I understand why she was so excited. And I've just been chatting to her and she doesn't wear her wedding ring.
Speaker 2: This is how he doubt creeps in a relationship, my friend. It broke my heart to see that you were messaging your wife Joan during the song there, ask her touch do you wear a wedding ring?
Speaker 3: She does wear her engagement ring, but not on the ring finger.
Speaker 4: On the opposite hand, because some opposite hand. Yeah, so I think people of Greek I heritage where their wedding rings on the opposite hands to us, he's not.
Speaker 2: Man to a Greek one. Do you know what I'd love to hear one? I'm not to put aside an entire show, three hours of things you believe about foreign people. It would be the greatest show. Greek ladies wear it on this well, it's.
Speaker 4: Not like not wearing it at all.
Speaker 2: She wears.
Speaker 3: I love to clutch its throws as well. But saying that my wife is Greek, I think is a longbow.
Speaker 2: Any who we're asking you because this ever happened you okay.
Speaker 3: I'm okay, Yes, I think she is a beautiful woman, and it makes sense that there would be people out there who would write such a note.
Speaker 2: Do you know what you need to do? You've also got beautiful handwriting, not like this man, nor you have no no, no, don't write her a note today.
Speaker 3: You know what I have. I don't have beautiful handwriting.
Speaker 2: I do. It's very good handwriting.
Speaker 3: I write very well in caps.
Speaker 2: I don't you know I write only in caps. I can't do lower case, right I have? You can't? I love you. It's me Jack. It's apparently shouting because I write handwritten notes to my kids and they were like, it feels like you're yelling at me.
Speaker 3: I have a nice have a nice day. I have a nice and much nicer print than cursive, so writing in caps better for me.
Speaker 2: Well, get some nice headed baby from gold one four point three? All right? Where were we? Yes? Have you ever been handed a handwritten note? Nine four one o four And that's not our phone number, by the way, nine four one four one o four three, Christian I once had a lift. Hands of cabin crew had me her number on a note at the end of a fly. Wow, Hey, James Bond, Sue, good morning, good morning, How are you. I'm good to welcome to the show. Having a good week so far? Mate? Now tell me you were you were handed a note?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: I was on a train I was going to work and the guy gave me a note. As the train was putting into a station and he got off, and I thought, oh, what's this? So I opened it and it was the most beautiful, beautiful. It was quite a lot folk actually, and I said, you've got beautiful. I learned from one. You've got it, he used. Not many people saw it, but I saw it.
Speaker 3: And the fact was.
Speaker 1: I was pregnant at the time. He couldn't really tell. I was nearly four months and you know how you have a bit of glove about your nets stuff. When I had a window seat, and I remember I was just gazing out the window the whole time on the train profile.
Speaker 2: But he liked that profile, Yeah, he must have, so yeah.
Speaker 1: And then as as the train called away, I just say, you know what it was, and sorry, that's my stug in the cow and he nodded, and I thought, oh god, how beautiful is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, extra extra level of difficulty writing a note on a train long as well, right on the train, very hard, yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what, and riding we're just going to be before it was gorgeous. But the only thing if he said his name was Justin And anyway, I don't know that name.
Speaker 2: You don't have the name Justin. What's it You don't like the name Justin? You said? The only thing was he said his name was Justin. Oh God, Noah, Well it is a weak name.
Speaker 1: It was Justin something or other. I couldn't Betty's had Goughter's handwriting, but I couldn't make Audie sir, and I knocked. I some wonder.
Speaker 5: I wonder who that guy was.
Speaker 2: He's probably writing a song. All right, let's go to Vicky. Good morning, VICKI, Good morning, Good morning, Vicky. So you ever been handed a note by a suitor, a secret admirer.
Speaker 6: No, my husband has.
Speaker 2: I don't think this happened to man.
Speaker 6: No, it does, and it happens quite frequently. He was at work, dropping off the patient and speaking to one of the staff members, and on his way out, she slid him a note with love to take you out for dinner. Name and phone number. He was doing a night shift. Showed me the next morning, and it turned out she was from the same hospital I worked at.
Speaker 2: Oh a Fox in the Henhouse.
Speaker 6: Yes, so I went around to her department just to explain to her that we were nearly married. We don't even been married for three weeks, and was a little bit inappropriate, given that she was in uniform when it happened, worked at the same place I did, and could cause quite a bit of drama.
Speaker 2: And what does she say?
Speaker 6: She went a very white color, apologized profusely, and went, I will never do it again. Three days later, one of the other staff members walked up to me and went, are you actually married to him? I said yes, and she turned around and went, you're a lucky woman, and I went, no, he's a lucky man and just walked off.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'll be honest with you, right, is your husband a smoke show like me? Right in your smoke show.
Speaker 6: He's actually quite good looking and a little bit younger than me, and a good country boy. So he talks to everybody, friendly to everybody. She was just like my work mates were encouraging me, so I thought I'd.
Speaker 2: Do basically you you're married a man, candy. You know, they just all want to lick at that lolly, not like that a piece of a liquorice or something a piece of.
Speaker 6: So I don't think she'll ever do it again.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I love The vue went and you were wearing uniforms, So if you've been in a neglige or something like that. It's okay, but not in this uniform. My friend Vicky, amazing story.
Speaker 6: Thank you have a great day.
Speaker 2: And you now, Anthony, gime on him.
Speaker 5: Smoke show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, smoke show. See smoke show. Got another dime piece on the line. So Anthony, this happened to you. You got given a note?
Speaker 5: Yes I was. I was working, not long out of school, and I was working in an Italian restaurant, small little place, and these two lovely young ladies came in and I'm sure I showed them a little extra service and attention while we're at it. And once they left, I found they paid the bill and left her business card with a little note on it.
Speaker 2: What did it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they would have been a lot older than you. That like, what eighteen year old's got a business card?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, and it was. It was so she was some accountant or something like that at one of the big name firms. So I obviously had to have left unis there must have been mid twenty something like that. I was always said I looked quite mature of my age at the time and was mistaken quite often for my age, but.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 5: To keep wait a boy call.
Speaker 2: Me now, be honest, you're eighteen. You called them Mber right, Well, this so.
Speaker 5: I wasn't a relationship at the time, and it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Married that later on. Yeah, getting in time you need to get into time machine and I'm getting a timashin. I'm being you. You call that number, right, accountant, you say, if.
Speaker 5: I was made, I would yah, I wish I had the time, saying a few times, that's for sure. That's my showed later in the night and he knew that I had a girlfriend and he said, destroy that straight away because it's only Anthony.
Speaker 2: Great story. Thanks for calling. Make Christian Connell's Show podcast