Speaker 1: I Heart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hear more Gold podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free I Heart app.
Speaker 1: Got anything good? Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Time down the Show Forth Small thing that gives you big joy. Last week we heard from and Tom. When you get a complimentary marsh mallow with your hot chocolate storm, not putting it in the drink. Christian when you order a risky cocktail but you'll end up nailing. It's very grown up one.
Speaker 1: That's a very grown up one.
Speaker 2: Mark when you go to a todd at a restaurant, comeback, your food is there waiting for you. Alison Coffee Canoni's on a Sunday. Small thing, big joy for Alison. For me, there's a couple. I had one last night putting leftovers in the tupperware container and I got the ultimate where you get the all four clicks first time.
Speaker 1: Oh it's rare, isn't it? Because is this the right lid tuck in clip? Well, I've never had that much satisfied.
Speaker 2: It was really satisfying. When you get all four, it's like four green lights. Clip clip clip clip. Normally there's one that just that and you can't you don't feel it's completely air tight in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's because do you put your lids in the dishwasher?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, same?
Speaker 3: I think it. Warps are not mentioned. No, you're supposed to only put the bottom in the hand. But who's got time for that?
Speaker 1: Didn't take that long to hand? What's it? What's happened to us? Who's got time for that? Also?
Speaker 2: The other one yesterday it was binda yesterday the bin bag. The new bin bag went in first time. You know, it sticks to itself and it's so etently trying to shake it freed and open up to get in there.
Speaker 1: When in first time.
Speaker 2: Well, you on a roll yesterday, And I'm telling you know I have a new Maybe you should talk about this on the show this week, your new addictions. This here is a Jakeman's throat sweep. I don't have a sore throat, But when I was in the UK, I went to a chemist and they recommended these things called Japman's. They've been going since nineteen oh seven. I love the taste of this honey and leaven flavor so much I brought eight packets back with me. How right it could open up my own independent chemists warehouse. I'd love these throats sweets. I don't have a sore throat or a chesty cough, but I'm getting through three or four of these are day now. I love these things. They are so nice. You can't find them, no, no, no, no, there are some websites you can get them, right, I might start being an importer. It might be my side hustle you're seeing at local markets at the weekend selling them out my car boot. That's if there's any left of my secret stats real what is it for you?
Speaker 1: Small thing? Big joy?
Speaker 3: We're doing a watch of the Hot News Show at the moment, friends, and do you.
Speaker 1: Going back from.
Speaker 2: Great idea? We did that d in Lockdownhole Family. So many great jokes as well. You forget there's so many classic episodes.
Speaker 1: It's actually aged so well. It's so fun. I don't know. Some of it is aged badly, yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 2: But I watching my two militant feminist feminist daughters right, and there's a lot of stuff that does.
Speaker 1: Not age very well. It has constant sex jokes. Yeah, at the time, we didn't I kept saying this.
Speaker 2: At the time, we didn't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't know, And they do this thing that no one does anymore. At the end of the show, they run the credits and then there's a little extra treat for you at the end where they do one extra little scene, a little tag, a little something for funny with a little gift with purchase, and I get really excited about it every time.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest comedy sitcoms, comedies ever that so good. Every episode is always very funny.
Speaker 3: Yes, And you know what, there's something about cameras. Back in the day, everyone was more attractive.
Speaker 1: They're not as you know.
Speaker 3: These days, they're like everything shows too much, the lights really bright.
Speaker 2: It's very clary, these these these high resolution cameras. And worst of all, now it's our TV screens. I was watching someone the other day. Now you really notice it when an actor, male actor has to wear hair dye for characters. It's always this real like Nana's hair tie. It's it's purple, it's a strange brown or something. I'm watching with the Great David Tennant, and it's like, what we done to your hair?
Speaker 3: That's soft lighting of the everyone looks good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is there a filter we can get on our cameras?
Speaker 1: I want the friends filter Patsy, what's it for you? Small thing? Big joy?
Speaker 4: How's this sausage sizzle on a Wednesday? I pulled up to our local supermarket yesterday just that unmistakable.
Speaker 1: Waft, sneaky midweek for sausages.
Speaker 4: With onions, And it was the local rotary club doing a sausage mondays.
Speaker 2: I know that it's a perfect little, nice pick me up on a Wednesday of the week, you know.
Speaker 4: Cold Winter's day. Is it the weekend? No, but it's the next best thing. It's Wednesday because there's sausage sizzle.
Speaker 1: And and were the people getting one? Yeah? They were, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think everyone was taken back. It's like hang on a day.
Speaker 2: It takes. That's all it takes. When you come to Australia. Listen, Pope, if you listen to this about your visiting to is time. Don't pack the hat. All you gotta do is bring some sausages and some snacks. Mate, You're attract a crowd. You won't have to even turn water into wine. Just actually put some sausage in a bit of bread. You'll get a big following, a turnout.
Speaker 3: Possible census question onions on a sausage sizzle on top of the top.
Speaker 2: Top well in Australian any other way you get that sweet crunch of the onion first thing.
Speaker 3: But it's you have and yeah, but you eat it quickly, you put it on the bottom and then it's not spilling out all of your hands and your wrists.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I love about the sizzle on Saturday?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Or the roy Tree clubs outside. Bunning's right. It's always dads hanging around. It's like moths to a flame, isn't it. It's just dads like making small talk, crunchy small talk with each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they love it. It's like a men's cup Christian.
Speaker 2: When you order two potato cakes that you lookal fish and chips, owner gives.
Speaker 1: You three nom nom menzo.
Speaker 2: You're right, Christian, small thing, big joy when you tell pops up with exactly the right amount of brownness, no more xs or thirty seconds.
Speaker 1: Christian.
Speaker 2: My weekly phone call every Thursday with my BFF while I wait for my daughter to finish tutoring. That's from Tania.
Speaker 1: I envy.
Speaker 2: Sometimes the sisterhood is very powerful. Honestly, something I hear my wife should out to her friends within thirty seconds. They're deep into what they need to talk about. Yeah, it's incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no booze needed an there.
Speaker 2: It's with men to try and dislodge the deep inner loss that they're feeling that they don't talk about immediately. Sometimes I hear a crime within thirty seconds, laughing a minute later. She's pro hyper meta processing all emotions in a matter of seconds and minutes. It's incredible to see. The sisterhood is a real thing.
Speaker 1: It's strong.
Speaker 4: Our lifeline girlfriends, Yes, I speak to one in particular every single day, do you yep, And it just is strong.
Speaker 1: An old friend like for childhood.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we used to work together, oh nineteen and I never we never miss a bait. We just have to touch base. So our day is bitter after we've spoken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my wife is stalled like that with a friend she's and she as a teenager.
Speaker 2: And you know, we now live here in Australian she lives in Canada now as well. They're in different parts of the world, but within seconds when they talk to each other, they're back into it. Yeah, and so the brotherhood needs to take a look at the system. Yes, yeah, it's not it's really it is really important. So I get that Chania. Why that you're our phone call every Thursday while he went for your or to finish tutoring.
Speaker 1: That's your you time. It's like therapy, christmasmall thing.
Speaker 2: Big joy walking into the gym to finally two people in there see this as good as the brotherhood's going to get a good day from man is when there's not many other men there to feel intimidated by Christian. My big joy was today I got every green traffic light on the way to work yesterday it was all read, so it's balanced out by the way.
Speaker 1: Just what that ed Sharan song was on us.
Speaker 2: I'm about to screw up a piece of paper and I made something I haven't done since I was a kid, a paper airplane with it. Do people store make paper aeroplanes in?
Speaker 1: What do you mean.
Speaker 2: That's not a great one. I bet you were good at them. I could never make a great one. Make one now?
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm so bad, so so bad.
Speaker 2: A school this is, this is before you had smartphones. We were making paper aeroplanes. I remember our school had an annual competition really to encourage engineers. I think that's how James Dyson started.
Speaker 1: I went to a ben.
Speaker 3: Folds concert where everyone got a piece of paper on the seat and then you watched that one online.
Speaker 1: Buy it down to Ben on the stage. He's such a great idea.
Speaker 2: Maybe we should hold a paper aeroplane competition. Seriously, it's that and old that looks that isn't going anywhere you and I allowsy at it. No, that's not that thing's not taken off. Musk isn't hiring you Dohn work on those SpaceX rockets, Protici, Katelyn.
Speaker 1: What is it for you? Mate? What is the small thing? Big joy?
Speaker 4: This happened to me yesterday.
Speaker 5: I picked up my drink bottle and I thought, oh, no, is there going to be enough water in here? I opened it, I scolded because I was thirsty as the perfect amount of water was in there, and I didn't have to get out of my desk to go and get more.
Speaker 1: You told me she had a good I said she has one. I said, she has one that's.
Speaker 5: Fun perfect amount. I didn't have to get up.
Speaker 2: Unsubscribed Christian O'Connell show go On podcast