Speaker 1: Live Uncut podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island peoples today.
Speaker 2: This episode is recorded on gaddigal Land of the Aurora Nation. Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Live Uncut. I'm Laura and this is our radio show. Unfortunately britt isn't here for the intro, but she's sure as hell is here for the episode. Now every single Saturday, every morning on a Saturday, we are on the Kiss Radio Network from ten am until midday. And this here is our radio show. A bundled up in a sweet little morsel for your listening pleasure. Is all the highlights, It's all the best bits we hope that you enjoy.
Speaker 3: It's the life fund Cut radio shower around Australia. And Brittany Hockley Laura Burn Ladies.
Speaker 4: To love a bargain. I think everyone universally loves a good deal.
Speaker 5: Oh everybody likes a bit of a bargain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I'm one of those people there's two types of people. There's the bargain hunters that they have a code and a bargain and a voucher for everything. Then there's the people that have no idea. I'm the person that has no way.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's that you have no idea. I think some you either, Okay, I do agree with you, Britt. You're either in two camps. You're either somebody who loves one, you hunt them down, you wait for the sales before you make a purchase, or you're someone who's a bit lazy and doesn't care and just buys things when you need them.
Speaker 1: I must admit when I lived in the UK, I was a group on Fiend.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: I think it also depends on what's goed, like, well, you know what it is that you're buying as well. Now there is a man who loves a bargain and I don't think anybody loves one as much as this guy. There is a guy who is in the UK who has gotten a tesco. You know when you go and you have like a loyalty card, you like.
Speaker 1: A fly buys you like scan it under the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean like maybe for your coffee you go and get nine punches and a tenth one free. Well, this guy has gone and gotten his Tesco Club loyalty card tattooed to his arm so that he doesn't have.
Speaker 1: Real tattoo, like a real tattoo.
Speaker 2: It might because he hated the fact that he kept on forgetting to bring his club card. Then he'd go to Tesco and he'd be charged full price and he was just not having it. So to compensate with this, he's gotten it tattooed on his forearm so he can just walk into Tesco and go bit bit and it's a look at it. What's that thing called? It's he got a QR code.
Speaker 4: Got a QR code, I guess from a fire. It kind of looks like a scab, which.
Speaker 5: Is what you want people to think. You've got on your arm with a scab.
Speaker 1: Do you know what the funny thing about this is this guy has just paid what three four hundred dollars for a tattoo. Yeah, he paid two hundred pounds. Thirty year old Dean Mayhew th he's paid two hundred pounds four hundred trillion dollars so that he can save fifty dollars. How is it going to take him to pay that tattoo off with his savings.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, Tesco's got some good savings. I reckon he'd accrue that pretty quickly. But also, what happens if they change his club card? Like, what happens if they give out of renewal in two years time? And then he's got to get another one tattooed to his body.
Speaker 3: He's going to be cured if he puts on a bit of wait in his wrist area and it stretches out, it doesn't work an him.
Speaker 1: Imagine if it didn't even work though, if the tattoo artists got one little code wrong, would be shattered.
Speaker 5: Well you know, I look, I'm here for it. This I love, I love a I am the bargain hunter.
Speaker 1: I love What is so funny? You guys might not know this. In her previous life, teenage years Laura was wait for it, a national prize pick.
Speaker 5: Pick how dare you Laura?
Speaker 7: Right now?
Speaker 5: Laura used to that's this is live. Laura used to sit at home.
Speaker 1: She never a lot of friends, didn't have a boyfriend, didn't apparently it was fifteen. Oh, I had a boyfriend of fifteen, So she don't have one now, do ye?
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 5: Kick me when I'm down.
Speaker 1: So she used to call up she had, but she had every station and they had her number.
Speaker 5: That used to come up with the nice pig, No, brittainy no and how much?
Speaker 1: But he used to win a lot.
Speaker 5: Can you look? Your story is unbelievable, it's not true.
Speaker 1: What do you say? So?
Speaker 5: I was fifteen and I was at radio enthusiast.
Speaker 2: I would listen to the radio every night and I would write down what were the thirty like most played songs, and that's.
Speaker 5: What you had to do.
Speaker 2: It was like the hot thirty. I can't even remember. It was down in Wollongong. It was like wave with him or something. And I put them all down and then I have to call up and i'd have to say the order of what happened. They might say which one was number nineteen? I have to say the song. And I won so many things, but usually the prizes with people over the age of eighteen. But I'd still win them even though I was fifteen, because I just wanted to win them.
Speaker 1: What's the best thing you want?
Speaker 5: I want tickets to powder Finger, But I couldn't go because it.
Speaker 4: Was ra you're a little pride hold on or a sleeve just rolled down?
Speaker 3: Oh look I do.
Speaker 5: I just got a five by.
Speaker 4: She's got the hot.
Speaker 3: Hundred tattooed so she can get straight to her.
Speaker 5: What she calls us? Do you know what? It's not a bad idea. Hey, no.
Speaker 4: Shock.
Speaker 3: Right now, our boss, Richie rich is in the studio. I don't quite know what's going on.
Speaker 1: Well, it definitely wasn't here just to fetch Laura's milk to the rooftop.
Speaker 2: No, no, Richie called us and said that he needed to come in.
Speaker 5: Because he wanted to speak to you, Mitch Jury.
Speaker 1: Were were talking rich the other day. We were having an interesting conversation.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm growing up. I'm having a baby, and do you know what, he's a changing.
Speaker 2: And you're at that point in your life where you've got to like really get your life in order. Like I think when you're so for anyone who doesn't know, which will be a lot of you.
Speaker 5: Richie is about to have his very first child, and.
Speaker 2: I think when you're about to become a dad, you really need to put your life and what that's going to look like, put some safeguards in place.
Speaker 1: Well, you need to write a will, don't you everybody needs to have a will.
Speaker 5: Richie doesn't have one.
Speaker 1: But this this leads to a bit of an unusual request that Richie has.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know if you guys have done it.
Speaker 8: Child as you go through, like in terms of your estate and things that you want to leave and all that sort of stuff, like once you've got a child and you need to say that, and then there's questions that pop up, and then it says and then it comes down to funeral. And then my partner just said, oh, is there any request in terms of the funeral, And for me, I said, I want Mitch Cherry to deliver my eulogy.
Speaker 4: Oh why am I the only one laughing? This is real?
Speaker 5: Yes it is, Yeah, of course, I of.
Speaker 8: Course I'll do it because I don't want it to be a doom and gloom thing, so I want it to be a celebration of life that you need to talk about my life and then everyone's having a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: If you're a diagnosis, is there anything on the calendar or is there a.
Speaker 5: Set day he wants to.
Speaker 6: Do?
Speaker 5: You want to walk it out on your calendar? Lets we have in a moment here is it?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Of course?
Speaker 4: Do you accept him?
Speaker 5: Get Rich's funeral?
Speaker 4: I just love that you think that you'll die before me.
Speaker 5: Picture of let's let's practice.
Speaker 4: No, it is unacceptable. I can't possibly.
Speaker 5: Give us a hit. We wanted a good guy.
Speaker 1: You can say a few nice things. You shouldn't be that hard to say nice things about your boss.
Speaker 4: Should when he's in the room. He's flown down just for this one.
Speaker 5: I mean, he's not He's dead. So it's fine.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 1: It looks like Mitch is putting up some notes. Have you read some notes about it?
Speaker 3: I don't have any know No, no, no, I was looking for some funeral music.
Speaker 5: Just leave it.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Well you're dad, so quiet. Stop laughing because it's a funeral. You girls are here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm weeping, someone asked me.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you all for being here today. We're here to celebrate. You want fun, don't you?
Speaker 3: All right, Hey, everybody, come on, let's let's all celebrate the.
Speaker 4: Life and death of.
Speaker 3: Richard Richard James. And then I'd look at your dad and I'd go, and he go James, I Richard Edwack, Richard Edwin Patrick. Of course, Richard didn't want to be cremated, so his body is in an open casket.
Speaker 4: On the table.
Speaker 8: I do want to be cremated.
Speaker 4: I'm writing notes, I'm on the fire and minor details.
Speaker 3: Richie is here in the urn. He lived a spectacular life. He was okay man and he tried his best. And that's what that's what's important in his death.
Speaker 4: We remember the moments.
Speaker 5: What are those moments?
Speaker 4: That's I'm going to put that out to the crowd, un because this is.
Speaker 1: Can we have someone phone in the moment.
Speaker 4: This is a Kudo's Bank arena.
Speaker 5: As we're all here now, it is good to include the audience.
Speaker 4: Audience direction. Okay, Richie lived, he died the way that he lived.
Speaker 5: How did he die?
Speaker 1: We should probably talk about it.
Speaker 4: In a brothel.
Speaker 3: He frequented this brothel and that he said to me. I remember the first day I met Richie said, if I'm going to die, I want it to be in a brothel.
Speaker 4: And that's how he died.
Speaker 5: So he's a man of.
Speaker 1: His word, isn't he Look he went out the way that he wanted to, and that's what's really important.
Speaker 4: I love this trio. You'll we didn't plan for this.
Speaker 3: But Brittany and Laura have got they're miked up with a Brittey Spears style mic and they're talking from the.
Speaker 5: We're feeding in the information.
Speaker 4: Richie's son is here. Everybody that's name again, how Richie.
Speaker 3: It's little rich Richie and Richie Jr. Didn't get left any money, which, as we all know, it's.
Speaker 5: Because he didn't have any because he never left from the brothel.
Speaker 4: Well they owned the brothel, that's yeah.
Speaker 5: And he's been in Bezling quite a bit.
Speaker 4: Renovating and you know, I just want to end it on this. Richie. You were a good man, and thank you for everything during your life. You're a great friend.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 5: That was really touching. Ritchie. How do you feel about that?
Speaker 8: I'm going to say, yes, God, mate, you need to put a lot of work into that, but I want it to be a lot better. I mean, the brothels good, that's fine, but just light and fluffy, like, mate, get into it and actually tell a great story.
Speaker 5: Do you know what though?
Speaker 2: I think that if anything, you could just like stand up the front and press play on this ad break when it actually happens, and be like, here we are, this is the eulogy set and forget already done.
Speaker 3: We recording this, producer missing, we were recording this right.
Speaker 7: This is.
Speaker 8: Because I'll end up coming out of the bloody casket to tell you.
Speaker 4: That ship your.
Speaker 5: Cremated.
Speaker 4: What are you going to do?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 4: Okay, are you a job I'll have? Yeah, I'll have the lawyer talk to you and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, this seems like a bit of a silly conversation, but I reckon a lot of people have odd and different requests that they that they have thought about.
Speaker 1: I reckon, we put this out there, what conversations that people had?
Speaker 5: What do they want at their funeral?
Speaker 4: What is that strange?
Speaker 1: Because I've had this conversation with my family and.
Speaker 5: Let me just say it was a bit unusual. What unconventional thing do you want at your funeral?
Speaker 3: Start from picturing my boss in a casket, It'll be Rich in a dust store.
Speaker 4: He's not going to be in a casket.
Speaker 3: We're taking your calls next now, bosses in town. Richie Rich is here if you missed it. He just sprung on me that he wants me to be his eulogy presenter at.
Speaker 5: His funerals center.
Speaker 4: I don't know what they call it.
Speaker 5: Let's call it ilogy.
Speaker 4: He wants me to deliver his eulogy at his funeral, which is real.
Speaker 1: You did a very good job though on the fly. I mean apart from the part where you said that Richie died in brothel, but it was very good. I think we really need to put a disclaimer out there. Richie isn't dying.
Speaker 5: It's not there's not an imminent death. It's just that one day of that happened. He wants to make sure Mitch that you are at the helm.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, it's weird. My uncle has asked me the same thing. I don't know. I must give off a funeral energy.
Speaker 5: You know what I funeral vibes I've got. I've got something for you.
Speaker 2: If people are coming to you with requests already, you need to be like, I need a down payment. I need something positive, like if you're getting booked for funerals and these people are still alive, left, right, and center.
Speaker 5: I reckon you can turn this into she.
Speaker 4: Will talk when the show's over. Okay, mate, we'll just have a chat.
Speaker 1: In the car parts which is from my ears his pockets, so yeah, they're pretty deep.
Speaker 2: I think is kind of weird that people do it funerals, and like, I know a lot of people do it because it's time when your family's all together. It's a bit of a family reunion. I don't think anybody is having sex at funerals. It is taking photos weird because I get it. I understand why you all together want to take a photo because.
Speaker 5: You're like, it's a family reunion.
Speaker 2: We haven't seen Aunt Sally in twenty years and probably won't till the next funeral. But like that, to me, there's something about it that I'm like, do I smile?
Speaker 5: Do I pull?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 5: What do I do? You have to do?
Speaker 1: Like the closed mouth small smirk because it's like I'm smirk.
Speaker 5: At a funeral like this, I'll show you this. You smiles.
Speaker 4: Yes, she's right, I did it.
Speaker 5: Smiles.
Speaker 1: I had a conversation not that long ago. My family had to sit down and we actually spoke about what would everyone want to do at their funerals. Not to be more but but it's like one of those things that you know, you talk around the dinner table, and my family doesn't take it that seriously. We have a bit of a laugh. We sort of all got to this point where for my parents and now I want to do it. So this is what I want to happen to me. So you guys know, Laura, you're a jeweler, so you can step up to the table.
Speaker 9: When they die.
Speaker 5: No, I know what you're going to ask me, and I'm not here for it. I'm going to ask you.
Speaker 1: I I want to be and I want my parents to be. You can cremate them down right, so they are all these little ashes, and then you can get it made into jewelry so like ring, and then you can wear your family. That person's brilliant. It's brilliant merchant way wait wait, wait, wait, you funk cut after death.
Speaker 2: You just said that when you die you want to be cremated down and who is wearing you?
Speaker 5: You're designing other people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll probably be single, so probably sharing my sister.
Speaker 3: I'll get a brittanklet.
Speaker 5: I want a pair of brit earrings. Yeah, you're a live.
Speaker 4: I want to Britage always with me.
Speaker 2: You don't need a lot of ashes to make some jewels, so I'll be very very busy.
Speaker 5: By the sound, We've.
Speaker 3: Got a call on thirteen one or six five. Becky's called through, Becky, what's your fun plan for your funeral?
Speaker 6: Hi? First of all, I want to as well, please, and.
Speaker 5: We can have matching friendship ones, Becky, don't worry. If there is enough to go around, there's a lot.
Speaker 1: I could have a giveaway on a life giveaway.
Speaker 5: He wants to wear brit Yes.
Speaker 9: So for my funeral, I just want it to be like really fun like I don't want people to be in black and be depressed and stuff.
Speaker 6: I want everyone like colorful and I like the burial. I want like a fun song to play like.
Speaker 1: You're pretty low. You're going into the ground, so that is a good sit doesn't get much lower, does it?
Speaker 3: As your body is being lowered into the casket Grandma's Granda, John.
Speaker 4: Oh, I get it's being lowered.
Speaker 5: I will bring the margaritas to that one.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 1: We will be there the open casket so you can show that my dead body is.
Speaker 5: On your foot in an ankler. Okay, that's a lot happening.
Speaker 4: Face painting on the open casket. Put a bit of face paint on it. Tiger Cloud makeup, Tiger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is all getting a bit much, ladies. We all cross at Heartbreak Island, Australia. This new show a very hot, hot show.
Speaker 2: Look, you guys know that I love myself, a bit of reality TV, a bit of love reality TV. I'm all about mass, all about Bachelor. Obviously, now we've got another one to contend with.
Speaker 1: For those new listeners, Laura won the Bachelor, and for.
Speaker 3: The other listeners, the opposite of whatever that is.
Speaker 1: I won the Bachelor without actually winning anything.
Speaker 5: So this is great.
Speaker 1: When you say that, does that mean that you lost the Bachelor? Then no, I won without winning anything. It just sounds better.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 3: Heartbreak Island Australia. It's the hottest singles from Australia and New Zealand, the UK USA. They all land in Fiji and they put it all on the line to find their perfect partner and compete for one hundred thousand dollars in cash. The premise is very cool and the host is a key we heartthrob himself. Clinton Randally joins us this morning, Holly, Clinton.
Speaker 6: Appreciate the intro. Wow.
Speaker 2: Now, we were just looking at your beautiful photos on the press release as well, and I was like, that is a good looking man.
Speaker 6: No own own.
Speaker 1: What she said is wow, he's so hot. You'd love you jump in, Brittany, she says, and then Mitch jumps.
Speaker 2: In and goes, sorry he's married, but I did, And yeah, that was that was overreheading. I was going to say, it's very unfortunate for the rest of Australia that you're married, Brittany.
Speaker 1: No, so Laura, oh god, look, I'm the only single one Clinton, Brittany here, I'm I'm very, very very single, probably my person in Australia right now. But Laura is constantly trying to set me up. She pulled up your your picture and she's like, Brittany, you this is your can't ye? But then mitchchi well, yeah, miss time.
Speaker 4: How health is your marriage? Clinton trying to ask, Well.
Speaker 6: Brittany, all I will say is that I've been following you for a while and I haven't been followed back yet.
Speaker 1: Well have you?
Speaker 5: Have you liked three things?
Speaker 1: And I hadn't left the comment because that's how you do it.
Speaker 5: If I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Jump on there, do you know what Clinton? We know our way around a reality TV. Brit and I are both a little bit versed in this whole world.
Speaker 1: But what I want to know, and this is look, I'm going to get straight into the down and dirty questions.
Speaker 5: Can contestants have sex on the show?
Speaker 1: Do you think we find out what the show is first before we jump to the bedroom.
Speaker 3: People on an Island?
Speaker 6: Okay, I'll tell you if you guys tell me, because I'm mostly very fascinated about when you guys are on the Thatture as well. Brittany, we got your season here in New yn and I watch the entire thing, so already a bit of a fan. But I do know on The Bachelor where they go, Hey, if you'd like to forgo your individual rooms, you can use this key to stay as a couple of the honeymoon. Sweet Is that the only time you get a chance to maybe get it off?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right, So well we don't get it on on The Bachelor.
Speaker 2: No, not in Australia, so you get that that happens only in the US. But in Australia, No, there's no bump and uglies. Everyone just holds hands.
Speaker 6: Okay, It's very different on heartbreak.
Speaker 7: Time.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: My question though, is is like normally in love and relationship reality TV shows, there's never a prize money at the end of it. But that's very different on this show, there is a prize money. Does that complicate things when it comes to love?
Speaker 6: I think it differitely does towards the sort of back end of the seasons. I think in the beginning, everyone's just happy to throw it about that they're for the adventure and the instagram follows if we've been honest, And then as they start getting close, they realized, huh, I've actually got like a one and four shot of winning one hundred grand. And then the competition element starts coming in. The boys start getting a lot more physical in the challenges, meets start getting called in all that stuff, and you really shink that the money is now a priority for a lot of them.
Speaker 1: You know, well, you guys have contestants from all over the world. You've got Australia, New Zealand, UK USA. As a single girl, which country do I need to move to?
Speaker 6: You're already living in it, It's Australia. Like even my wife when I was going through the casting list, she was like, Wow, who's he? But I think that the O people are pretty laid back. The great and the challenges they seems to do well with the ladies. Yeah, I think if you've moved you might be disappointed.
Speaker 5: Do you know what I'm I mean.
Speaker 1: More disappointed there I am. What I say is what I'm engauging from this situation is that your wife has never been on Tinder in Australia.
Speaker 5: I think she'd be painting a very different picture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I couldn't agree. Now, before we go, Clinton Brick, did that? Have we had the follow back? Have you officially?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Do you guys? Clean? I'll get on there right now. How are we going to get it all?
Speaker 4: Follow your back? Okay, it'll make your day.
Speaker 3: Thank you for coming on, buddy, Heartbreak Eyeland, Australia, get around, give it a watch, guys.
Speaker 4: It's fantastic. Thanks for coming on, buddy.
Speaker 6: Thanks Brittany and in the other two that's fine.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, let's rebrand the show. That's brilliant. Hey lady, have you seen this on social media? It's going kind of viral. And employee. A woman posted a story about the crazy thing that a boss made her do.
Speaker 5: Yes, so this was.
Speaker 2: There was a boss who said if you're running late for work, So if you're five minutes late, or you're ten minutes late or fifteen minutes late, you cannot go home when the end of your shift happens, you have to stay and make up those minutes to the minutes after your shift.
Speaker 5: I thought that was standard because that's what I've done my hole. I had fingerprints signing to clock the minutes.
Speaker 2: Look, I think the reason why people have gotten up in arms about this is because it totally depends on the industry that you work in. Right, Like, if you're a hospitality industry where you're paid per hour, then it makes sense if you're rocking up half an hour late, you should spend another half an hour.
Speaker 5: But if you're working saving lives in a hospital.
Speaker 2: You should stay for another half an hour. But if you're if you're working in say like an office where you've got to set amount of work that you've got to do. If you're working like to schedule fifteen minutes here, ten minutes there.
Speaker 5: It probably doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: But if you have a boss who's coming in and micromanaging you, doesn't really set you up for a good workplace culture.
Speaker 5: Well, you recently made your employee do something? Is it questionable?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I did not force my employees to do anything. I am a good boss.
Speaker 3: This is a tony mad because you employ how many people with the jewelry business.
Speaker 5: We've got quite a few.
Speaker 2: I mean in Australia we've got ten, and then overseas we've got thirty five.
Speaker 5: She's a caller. What did you make them do those stuff? Okay?
Speaker 2: So recently, as you guys know, I went away to Bali and I okay, I think I talked about it on here. I had a bit of a predicament with my passport and the passport office lines were not okay.
Speaker 5: There were like eight hour lineups.
Speaker 2: People were getting there at two am in the morning and camping out. So obviously I've got the kids. No one wants to line up from two am. It's very inconvenient.
Speaker 4: No, what did you do?
Speaker 5: I didn't make my staff do it.
Speaker 2: I just put a call out in our staff for WhatsApp group and said, hey, does anyone want to go and line up at the passport office for me? And I'll pay you a lot. I'll pay you four times your normal salary rate. Okay, your normal alley rate. I'll pay you four times and if you want to do it, no pressure. And of course a few people were like, yes, I'll absolutely do it, And so one of my staff lined up from five in the morning at the bush.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Okay, I'm going to make you feel better. I think this is great.
Speaker 1: If I was If I was an employee and someone said, hey, you want to just go stand here for more money than you ever make, I'd like, y'all.
Speaker 5: Go stand mare.
Speaker 2: She'dn't have to do anything, she didn't have to wipe anything down, she didn't have to serve any customers. But you know what, I know you someone some of you out there were probably thinking that I'm a bad boss.
Speaker 1: I think you're a brillo.
Speaker 5: I don't think any of us all right, But you.
Speaker 2: Know Missy who was our producer, she's sitting out there through the.
Speaker 5: Glass box at U Hi, guys.
Speaker 2: Now, Missy had a particularly bad boss when she was in her twenties.
Speaker 5: I'm going to call it the worst.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: It was actually straight out of school working in retail for a serf chain. And we had this guy and he thought he was all that you know, and he when I started, He's taken me out in the back and he said, right, so this calendar here, this is where I get all the females to document their cycle basically, so I know whether to give you like a bit of a pass if you're in a bad mood.
Speaker 2: Your menstrual cycle. He wanted you to plot it on a calendar.
Speaker 1: He wanted you to say, this is when I'm having my period exactly so, and everyone would know so obviously, like in a surf shot.
Speaker 10: You wet with lots of different guys as well, so they could look at the calendar and go, oh, she's having a bad day.
Speaker 5: Could do you imagine if that happened.
Speaker 2: Now, I have so much rage having a mentor cycle right now, calendar, I'm going to throw one more in here.
Speaker 1: That just hit me, My poor sister. You reminded me then, Missy. My sister was working in a surf store and she was sort of like managing the store, but not the boss. There was one more above her in Newcastle. If anyone knows this in jesment, somebody a human, a real grown human human.
Speaker 5: Wasn't a dog, a.
Speaker 1: Dumb in the change room, a big human poop?
Speaker 5: Well hopefully it wasn't the boss.
Speaker 1: And my start was made to clean up a human.
Speaker 5: No, she was only just she she was only in Uni.
Speaker 1: She was like nineteen, No, she was she was paid but probably like five dollars. She had to clean up a human poop poo does that? But I reckon, there've got to be some bad bosses out there, so I think we should put the call out.
Speaker 3: Taking your call thirteen when I was six y five talking are the crazy things your boss has made you do?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: But dear, is it bad?
Speaker 2: If your boss pays you more to do the crazy things, Ye're still bad.
Speaker 4: It depends what.
Speaker 5: It depends what the crazy thing is. Everybody has their price, is my opinion, some lower than others.
Speaker 3: Well, this is coming from the back of This went viral on social media. An employees shared that her boss said that she had to stay back the amount of time she was late in the morning. So if she was fifteen minutes late, she has to stay back fifteen minutes. And people are saying, disgusting.
Speaker 5: No, that was me in a hospital. We had to fingerprint signing. I had a fingerprint that logged in when I came.
Speaker 1: And if I was late, I had to stay late too.
Speaker 2: I think, if you're going to get paid for the fifteen minutes, well, I mean, it depends on the industry. Depends on the industry. Let's see what crazy things you bosses made you.
Speaker 3: Jamie on thirteen one o six five, hit us, what did you boss make you do?
Speaker 7: I had to take her daughter and a friend to a one Direction concept?
Speaker 5: That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Wait, so okay, did you get paid extra to go.
Speaker 5: To the one Direction concept?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: I had my ticket paid for and they were pretty decent tickets as well.
Speaker 9: And it was actually the last concert that Zay was a part of the group.
Speaker 5: Too, was a good one. Nah, I think you're going to come out on top. We haven't even heard the other calls yet, but this is a good one.
Speaker 2: Did you want to go to One Direction concert? Or was it like me being sent to go to a Wiggles concert?
Speaker 7: No, it was actually pretty fun.
Speaker 9: I think I had more fun than her daughter.
Speaker 5: Ah, that's fine. Then that's not too bad.
Speaker 3: And unless didn't make you pay for the tickets, I take him and run Julia thirteen one o sixty five What did your boss get you to do?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 9: Hi, guys.
Speaker 7: I used to work for an endodontist and reconcile his bank account and that included his credit card. And he would tell his wife and us these that many stories, like he was going to do a long weekend skiing by himself in Italy. But then when I went over his credit card, I would see that he's actually been in France buying him as bad for his girlfriends. Oh and my god, you know, and going for hotel trips and all that. And the worst part was his wife ended up getting me to work on the weekends for him, doing life admin and looking after the kids. And he pretty much said to me, you know, whatever you see in the office stays in the office, and kind of had a discussion with me about not telling his wife.
Speaker 1: He was going to two for ones and he was not alone.
Speaker 2: Wow, So you had to keep an affair a secret that is truly above on the cock.
Speaker 5: Don't put that on your resume. Maybe been getting some good bonuses you keep secrets.
Speaker 1: Job experience, Yeah, very good at keeping secrets.
Speaker 6: All right, wrap this.
Speaker 4: Up for a smail. What did your boss to make you do?
Speaker 9: Hey, So, about twelve or thirteen years ago, I worked for a really small gin tool practice. It was a deemedist and his wife was the manager. It was just being one of the girls, so we didn't really have like a petty cash system and steeply witches her no when things are running out and one of those things is toilet paper. And one day she comes in and to say these to refrugal is like amersive understatement. So she comes in and seeks to me, you're going through toilet paper way too quickly. So if we say there's like fifty sheets that I have no idea how many sheets of toilet paper in the role. By the way her research, well she knew anyway. So these fifty sheets of toilet paper and a roll, you should really only be using about three per wee and let safe, I pin per pooh.
Speaker 1: So the roll.
Speaker 5: Three squares for a week and five to ten? Who is doing that?
Speaker 1: What kind of little poopy nugget gets like five pieces with.
Speaker 4: Rats that you with all your colleagues budget.
Speaker 5: You don't monitor this rule?
Speaker 1: Is she going to stand in a cubicle over the top and look over and be like, oh, that's three pieces, that's too much. What I want to know is what happens when you've gone over the quota? Is it no more toilet paper for the month for you?
Speaker 6: Like? Is that it.
Speaker 1: Take a girl.
Speaker 4: For everyone? Almost ready to get out of here, but Brits, is something going on with you? You going to an airbnb?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, Look, this isn't me, but this is just something that I read that I thought, this is the worst thing that could happen. So I've been to an airbnb once, right, I.
Speaker 5: Just one time was a real wild holiday. Okay, it was the first time.
Speaker 1: Actually it was the first time my ex and I Jordan, and we went away and it was up to me to planet because Seed would never have done anything.
Speaker 5: So I so we turned up.
Speaker 1: I booked this accommodation. I was actually running a half marathon through the bush trailer. It's irrelevant. Just wanted to throw that in there. But we turned up to the airbnb, our first time away. We got all our bags, we pulled up, we parked, we went up, we knocked. No, we looked for the key storry where they told us to leave the key.
Speaker 4: That's always a hard thing to find the key at an airbnb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they usually locked, and there was there was no key. There was nothing there, and I thought this, maybe they're in their cleaning or whatever. So we have all of our luggage, were standing there in the middle and I'm talking in the middle of No.
Speaker 5: It was so remote.
Speaker 1: Knock on the door and someone answers them.
Speaker 5: And there's two kids there. Oh, you're like they just people don't come with their but this is weird.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, hey are you Are you the only we're here to check in? And they were like, what are you talking about? We're checked in.
Speaker 5: We're the guess here.
Speaker 1: And it was this really awkward moment where I was like, well, no, we booked in. We had an argument. I pulled up my check in. I booked the wrong month. So we're in the middle of the bush.
Speaker 2: I thought you were about to say that you just rocked up to the wrong person's house, not that you were like it was the right house.
Speaker 5: But other people were there who had booked it. All those we were in the bush with nowhere to stay. Anyway, that is my story.
Speaker 1: My story is this person that I've just read about in Australia brought this memory up. It brought the memory up. But they left a horrible, horrible review. They had a very bad experience with their Airbnb.
Speaker 5: And there's nothing worse.
Speaker 1: Well, they turn up to the Airbnb, they walk into the house and they were like, this is disgusting. It has not been cleaned. They've opened the fridge, there's stuff all through this food everywhere the bed.
Speaker 5: Hasn't food everywhere in the airbeam be Yeah, bed hasn't been made like it was. It was not what you mean. I just hadn't come in yet, you know, like in between.
Speaker 1: Well, she's got photos too. She took all these photos. Skitties in the toilet.
Speaker 4: No, that's where I draw the line.
Speaker 1: So no, yeah, so she's taking all these you will sleep in a house it's got other people's food in it.
Speaker 5: And skitty is in the toilet.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, so she's taking the poat like you can see the skitties in the toilet. She's taking these photos, and.
Speaker 5: She took a photo of the skitties in the toilet.
Speaker 1: Well you would want to if you're going to complain. Evidence evidence, So she's taking the photo, she's uploaded them, she's left review, and she's written to the airbnb host because the airbingbo host was like, please send me these photos. I'm mortified. Sends all the photos of the house, and the airbnb host rights back and get out immediately.
Speaker 4: I don't know where you are.
Speaker 5: No, it is not my airbnb. She was just in someone she was living in someone's house.
Speaker 2: She was walking around somebody else's apartment taking photos of the food.
Speaker 1: I just like living in their house and the lady's like, you're breaking injury. Naginea coming home and there's someone, a very cross woman named character, just going.
Speaker 5: Around taking photos in a toiler bowl. You'd be like, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Also, imagine if the dress was address was up like some poor guys living on his own, he's got skitties in his toilet and she's.
Speaker 5: Ruined his life. No, look plain Devil's advocate here. Though.
Speaker 2: When you book something on Airbnb, you have a general idea of what the inside of that place looks like. So how would she have gone into the wrong apartment and not gone Well, architecturally, this looks like a completely different place.
Speaker 1: Than what story. I'll break it down for you there is I did, I did my due, diligenes, I dug deep. It was like one of those blocks that a lot of the places are very similar sets up.
Speaker 5: Yes, it was like a where they're all ver. You had to be an answer to this. It wasn't picking it apart. People out there in their cars they thinking the same thing.
Speaker 4: All Right, we're done, guys, that's us over, that is us.
Speaker 1: But do you know what we have a absolute cranker of an episode.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's going to get somebody doing some big o's. I mean, we hope it does.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are talking about orgasms on this week's episode, Tuesday, Life On. But we're interviewing a sexologist. Her name is Juliette Allan, and we will be asking everything every single question there is to simply ask about orgasms. We're gonna get the as well, male orgasms, female orgasms, people who don't have orgasms, people who have multiple how does one have multiples?
Speaker 4: Going to stop saying orgast I.
Speaker 5: Know, she's like, that's a lot of bleeps. She's like, I have to.
Speaker 1: Bleep out this whole segment. But that is coming up on Tuesday's episode. And in the meantime, don't forget, don't your mom Day, that toty dot do friends and share the love because well a love