Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcast playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything good?
Speaker 4: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 2: Podcast, Friday morning. Welcome to The Christian O'Connell Show. Good morning, Pats, Good morning, Good morning, Rio, Good morning, Good morning Alex. All right, team, let's get into this week's double thumbs up.
Speaker 1: This is where we help everybody out.
Speaker 2: It's that paralyzing moment on a Friday and Saturday night, too much choice? What shows are you going to stream? What are you going to watch? What are you going to read? We've got you. We call it double thumbs up things that we've been enjoying this week. So for me this week, it's red. Sometimes you get there were so many TV shows that start really well, loses a bit in the middle, and it doesn't end very well. Untamed was not that it actually got better and better with a great ending, set up very well for a second season, hopefully of Eric Banner on a horse.
Speaker 1: Out the wilds. What more could you want? Nothing for me? Nothing?
Speaker 3: What if he was going beer back?
Speaker 1: Excuse me? Do you know what that means?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 3: The Love God is into the show.
Speaker 1: Wow, we what a.
Speaker 2: Start to their gloves are off at six.
Speaker 1: Right, get my breath? Bake? You mean in a horse sitting? Yeah? Yeah yeah. Did you have you seen Untamed?
Speaker 3: Chris has been watching it.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 2: Is he like it? It's really really good. I really love that. I went to see f one the movie. It did come out a couple of weeks ago, but I really enjoyed it. I went to see it last weekend. Do you guys when you go to cinema, I'm there, I want to see the local adverts and the trailers. Yeah. I love all the voice yes, yes, it's always a local legal firm and a car dealership.
Speaker 1: Those are always never not.
Speaker 2: The local adverts very shoddily made as well, a very brightly.
Speaker 1: Lit office somewhere.
Speaker 2: You know they're very happy to offer you a free coffee as well, and come in anytime this week for a free coffee in a consultation. I love the local adverts, yes, and then also I love seeing all the trailers. Yeah that's true, because then you act like you're like an Oscar's judge went not seeing that crap, but I got big goosebumps.
Speaker 1: I cannot see enough of that Springsteen trainer.
Speaker 2: Oh, it come out, It cannot come out quick.
Speaker 1: Enough for me. Who's playing Springsteen again, Jeremy Allan.
Speaker 2: What he's got the muscular intensity, he is the boss.
Speaker 1: The balty neck. Yeah, he has got the neck you need that. He's got that next thing. I don't know how you got that veiny neck. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also it's who's the guy who's great actor from a succession Jeremy Strong. Oh, yeah, you see him in a movie, you know. Oh, this is a serious movie. He's a very kind of intense actor, isn't he. Kendall from That's Yeah, great show anyway. And then this week me and the kids watch a really funny movie. It's on Amazon Prime, Heads of State.
Speaker 3: Oh that looks I know, I know.
Speaker 2: And we had to watch in two installments. I'll be honest here, right, I lost them in the first eighteen minutes. The kids went, there are lots of so called laughs, Dad, but there's no laughter on the couch.
Speaker 1: I said, all right, well.
Speaker 2: Come back to it, Matt, and they went, no, No, this is like one.
Speaker 1: Of your movies where we watch it alone.
Speaker 2: Anyway, We came back two days later and we finished the whole thing off. It's good, Okay, okay. Idris elba is the UK Prime Minister, all right. John Cena is the American Come on, if you can suspend that kind of disbelief, you're in for a hell of a ride.
Speaker 1: We we loved it.
Speaker 2: It's silly, it's funny, it's unders shamedly probably happy Gilmore too. It is very funny. The act there are three set action pieces that are you scream out loud. They're so good. Author we were buzzed up at the end. It reminds you of those old fashioned eighties movies.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: This John scene has actually been in quite a few good comedy I saw him.
Speaker 1: It's Blockers.
Speaker 2: Yes, really really, he's underrated. He does comedy very well. Inches Elbow is a great serious actor. But also if you saw The American Office, he's in a season of that.
Speaker 1: He's terrified and John is saying, it's very hard to interview. Apparently I have interview John.
Speaker 2: He he was what made Unfortunately, like the radio station I used to work for, the lift barely worked when we were up on the third floor, and I would always go and meet all guests myself downstairs and reception, so bring them up in the lift, and it rarely worked. I remember Bono losing it because the lift didn't work, and he was.
Speaker 1: Like, Christian, we were here out two years ago. The lift did work. Then Christiss station.
Speaker 2: No, he's Irish and Indian and however, right, Bono is one thing, okay, John Cenia is a huge, beautiful sort of bespoke suit he had. When I said, hey, listen, we're up on the third floor, he started swearing.
Speaker 1: He had a and I certainly went no card.
Speaker 2: Even the movie they make a joke about how bad is it running?
Speaker 1: And you see it's like big units. They don't they're not built. He's not on the treadmill, so I said, and he goes, you kidding me? And I don't know?
Speaker 2: We and so me and him have to march up in angry science. Me behind this massive back. It was like I was walking behind a solid oak.
Speaker 1: Door and he was going, I've lost count?
Speaker 2: Is this the first time? I went, I, but we're halfway up towards the first to start the interview. It was like, get me a glass of water.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I really loved it. It's called the Heads of State. All right, let's play a song. We got Bruno Mars Lots out of Heaven and we go around the team doing double thumbs up.
Speaker 1: This week the.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're doing double thumbs up. We go around the team talk about the things that we're enjoying. This week, Patsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 7: We saw a great documentary for the fiftieth anniversary of the Jaws movie, the original Jaws movie. It's called Jaws at fifty. It's on Disney Plus and it's like lifting the curtain back on one of the most classic movies and it's absolutely fascinating.
Speaker 2: Pat to that movie. I mean, we had it a call it this week. Who actually said, Oh, it's like a scene in Jaws. Yeah, it's common reference.
Speaker 1: Is it Jaws? The music? Yeah, it's sort of.
Speaker 2: Its terrified a whole generation our age it of the ocean.
Speaker 7: I can still remember I was about three when our parents took us three kids to go and see cinema.
Speaker 3: It was terrified.
Speaker 7: Audrey couldn't get over that. We watched it after we watched the documentary because.
Speaker 3: We wanted her to see it. I believe grandma and granddad took a three year old.
Speaker 1: It's a scary movie.
Speaker 7: It is really in the suspense, but it's absolutely fascinating. And Steven Spielberg talks about how after he made it, because there were so many cost blowouts, it just took so much longer, how he had genuine PTSD after doing it, and so Orca.
Speaker 3: The boat that they used in the.
Speaker 7: Film is now at Universal Studios, which you can see, and he said when it used to close, he would go and sit on this boat after the movie was released and everything, and he said he'd just sit there and cry.
Speaker 3: He was just so traumatized by making it.
Speaker 2: And yeah, because he already had to back himself because they put when you watch it now because special effects and CGI and GreenScreen are incredible now. At the time Jaws was terrifying, but you watch it now, it's the least terrifying looking thing ever.
Speaker 1: It works like some cheap sort of thing you.
Speaker 2: Get a Luna Park meganical shuk.
Speaker 1: It looked so lame, and he.
Speaker 7: Said it would always break down and they'd always hear down, you know, in their earphone's nuts.
Speaker 3: Shark's broken. Oh it's working.
Speaker 7: No, it's broken again, and it just would take ages to film. But one unknown fact I did not know about the movie. There were only legitimately like six actors in it.
Speaker 3: All the rest were Nantucket locals.
Speaker 4: O kidding.
Speaker 1: All the beat scenes behind the mayor.
Speaker 7: And were local people that lived at Nantucket where I was filmed, which gave it that beautiful, almost documentary style of movie.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that. It was fascinating.
Speaker 7: And a couple of the scenes one of the locals was on the boat. They didn't even give him lines. He just like said whatever he wanted to say. So it's brilliant. It's called Jaws at fifty It's on Disney.
Speaker 1: Plus.
Speaker 2: It terrified my wife so much. I mean, she loves diving and she still gets nerves about diving because the movie Jaws. Right, she used to do as a kid, because she went to see it when she was like five. I don't know what her parents were thinking of. She wouldn't get in the bath for weeks. She was terrified that Jaws was going to get up for the plug ole and she would make her dad paid and the plug go and go all clear.
Speaker 5: Going to the bathroom, toilet toilet, right, Yes, the local, the local, there's a there's a sharkskin to come into the swimming in the middle of that music.
Speaker 1: The one most iconic movie scores ever, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And the other thing that's dropped this week, which if you've got a teenager girl, a teenage daughter particularly, you will be right across this.
Speaker 3: The summer returned. Pretty Series three has just dropped.
Speaker 1: Is that good?
Speaker 7: She's glued to it, she's read all the books. And the third season's just dropped. And Wednesdays, next week, Wednesday. It drops on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Wednesday, on Wednesday, this coming Wednesday.
Speaker 3: This so Wednesday, next week, Wednesday, This Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Week, Wednesday, Friday, Today Wednesday week, not Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Week, that's week after.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so next Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday, coming Wednesday, Wednesday, this coming Wednesday. That's the voice of the moments on Wednesday, this coming. We won't say that, Ria, What have you been enjoying?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 6: I've been loving And it's I've never heard of it until literally two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: It's called Austin. It's on ABC I View.
Speaker 6: It's an ABC original show, but it feels like a BBC comedy because it's got Sally Phillips, Bridget Jones and Glenn Miller, who is in Paddington and English.
Speaker 1: So it's a killer.
Speaker 6: Cast and it's got Did you guys watch Love on the Spectrum. Yes, Love on the Spectrum, the.
Speaker 1: Best People the World, beautiful show.
Speaker 6: Absolutely Love on the Spectrum Season one. Michael who was whoways always wear a suit? Yes, he is the son in the show, and not as a cameo, not playing himself. He's a proper acting roles and it's not like he's a he's a core character. He's probably the most I mean it's named after him. He plays Austin of the show. Austin.
Speaker 1: He's brilliant. What a great cast.
Speaker 6: And the plot is, it's a great set up.
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 6: So it is about a children's author who gets canceled after accidentally retweeting a neo Nazi and it's them trying to rehabilitate his image and Austin comes in as.
Speaker 1: His let Me get spend Miller is the author?
Speaker 6: Yes it is, Yes, yes, yes it is. And then Michael from Love on the Spectrum is his son that he's never met.
Speaker 1: And it is so beautiful, so much we can Austin Austin. Yeah. Great.
Speaker 4: Christen O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell show. Every Friday, we talk about the things we're enjoying. It might be your next favorite TV shows stream this weekend, Alex Cullen.
Speaker 1: What have you? What are you enjoying at the moment?
Speaker 8: Mane Well, Christian, I am obsessed with the NFL. I listened to all the podcasts. I try and watch as much of it as I can.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 8: It's just so fascinating, the storylines, the strategyes.
Speaker 2: You love Friday Night Lines. That's my top three TV shows of all time.
Speaker 8: Any given Sundays. Yes, oh my goodness, come here.
Speaker 1: The way, touch your bono alpaca.
Speaker 8: Yes, he traveled at showed me the money. No, that's another that's another one. Anyway, So I'm watching this show called Quarterback.
Speaker 1: It's great Netflix. It follows three quarterbacks. So who do you like? Cousins or Mahomes.
Speaker 8: Or I'm a big fan of Jared Goff because he came to the Detroit Lions from the l A Rams, and the la Rams basically discarded him. The Detroit Lions saw something in him and brought him on. I see myself in him in some way.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know I didn't expect you to go anyway, he.
Speaker 8: Was given a chance, he was given another opportunity.
Speaker 1: So you're on QB one.
Speaker 2: No, I get it, you do have an aasory thinks they're QB.
Speaker 8: One, But it is the hardest position in sports.
Speaker 1: And that's why job because at the captain that everything everything.
Speaker 8: They had to know what the defense is doing, what their own team's doing, uh.
Speaker 2: And have to memorize for weeks all the coaches plays. I didn't know any of this until I watched the Tom Brady documentary Generating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is the greatest athlete. I think they ever leave that guy.
Speaker 8: He is incredible. But quarterback, it's really cool because you get to see behind the scenes. You see what these quarterbacks go through. You have the the Atlanta Falcons quarterback Kirk Cousins snapping his achilles tender, yes, and that the whole rehab and going through movie team. So you know, sport is life, folks, and like, you see what these guys go through, and I think it's really fascinating insight.
Speaker 2: Next week on the show, we need to come back to the greatest sporting athlete ever. Tom Brady's a big claim, big one, big one. Yeah, you got You've got there's so many other Max Gorm excuse me.
Speaker 1: We'll come back to this name. I've finished.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 1: Hear me out. Hear me Out.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast