Speaker 1: Now kids in the car and mum's in the car.
Speaker 2: I reckon this next guest is gonna it's gonna just tickle everyone's fancy.
Speaker 3: Well he covers all basis, doesn't he?
Speaker 1: Oh, he really does. You'll know him.
Speaker 2: This is way back from two thousand and nine to twenty nineteen. He was Giggle on Giggle and Who Loved Giggle and Who. Then he was on Dancing with the Stars, transition to like primetime TV. Four million social media followers, forty three million likes on TikTok. He's now on a national stand up tour. The one and only Jimmy Reese is here. Welcome to the pick up.
Speaker 1: Hello Jimmy.
Speaker 4: Oh hi guys, how are you hello?
Speaker 1: Do you know what?
Speaker 5: I don't know who would be more excited about this interview, Whether it's Mulley May and Lola, my kids, or it's me.
Speaker 1: I think it's me.
Speaker 3: I think it's me.
Speaker 4: Well, well, they're a bit young.
Speaker 6: They're a bit younger up there.
Speaker 4: They might have missed the peak of Giggle and Who, which was I don't know twenty eleven.
Speaker 3: Don't you worry.
Speaker 5: They're still enjoying. No it is, but they're still enjoying the reruns. I mean, you're still up there.
Speaker 1: What's going on with Giggle? And who?
Speaker 2: Is it a Hamish and Andy situation? Are you guys still friends or did you fall out with who?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah? Who's a total a hole?
Speaker 1: He drinks all about himself.
Speaker 6: He just love looking in the mirror all the time.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's a.
Speaker 7: Puppet, Mitch, Come on mate, sorry to sorry, Okay, you need he needs a man's hand up, is you know, for him to operate?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I didn't realize.
Speaker 4: That so much.
Speaker 5: It's exactly the same as Mitch. I was just about to say the same thing. I have to apply for the for the role Jimmy. I love your content and that night and my husband we're always watching your videos. You've got seven hundred and thirty six thousand followers now on social media.
Speaker 3: But where do you get your ideas from?
Speaker 5: Because I feel like you jump around, you do so many different content creations. There's so many different characters on your social media. But where does the where does the thought come from?
Speaker 3: The spark?
Speaker 4: Yeah, look, I think it's just living life really, you know, everywhere you look, it's just having like a looking through the lens of everything could be a piece of content, I guess and writing things down when you but how many times do you just have a laugh at timey like and then you forget about it in one second. So at some of those moments you just just chop down. I've got three kids, man, it is like I'm a parent. I travel around a bit. I meet a whole lot of different people.
Speaker 6: You know, I speak to random people on radio stations.
Speaker 2: You know, Jimmy, the one thing that you didn't turn into content that shocked me the last time I saw you.
Speaker 1: Do you remember this?
Speaker 2: Last time I was with Jimmy Reese was at around one am at a gay bar in TikTok Awards, the TikTok Awards.
Speaker 1: This was after the TikTok Awards and I was at a gay bar. I think, yeah, we were wandering.
Speaker 3: Around and just when you had a hand no being a puppet.
Speaker 1: It was that late that night. Hearing that night, well, it was funny.
Speaker 7: You asked me like multiple times, You're like, what are you doing here? I do you think I was seeing you here in the middle of Sydney in the gaber And I was like, dude, we've just been to the TikTok Awards and this is where the beer is at, Like we're going where the beers are at.
Speaker 2: I was just so shocked because I was in my single era. I was very single at that point in time, and I was, you know, on the prow and then I see this man from behind.
Speaker 1: I go, just my time.
Speaker 3: You know, Jimmy has children and it's happily in a relationship.
Speaker 2: I saw his peachy button, went, oh my god, that's my that's my score. And then it was Jimmy reason. I felt like, oh, it's a like Patty Newton, like a national treasure. I had to run away.
Speaker 4: Start there.
Speaker 2: You really can do it all the stand up tour, which you here to plug, let's get regional. The tour is on until July this year Frontier Touring dot com for tickets. So for people who follow you, Jimmy, like Laura was saying, your videos are huge.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you do so many different things, Like you cover so many different little topics in your videos.
Speaker 3: So then what is it that you're going to do on stage?
Speaker 4: That is the conundrum, which is putting a show together.
Speaker 6: I think, you know, like I've taken some of the character things like the guy who decides this and that with Jason that goes in there.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 6: I just make it, let it go free form, because if I regurgitated something that people had seen before, I felt like, you know, that's just something that's a bit cheap. I guess that people have come to see something a bit different, So that whole section, it's about ten minutes or something, is just completely ad lived. People yell out suggestions and I just run with the two characters. I love that I do a meanwhile in Australia, which people have a lot of people were into to my content through that, so I kind of make one live which goes horribly wrong all of the time, and that's part of the part of the charm of it. I guess I do some local content, Like the first it is like you have to pass the test to get into the local town you're in, So there's a bit of there's a few local gags there, and then oh god, there's all sorts of other bits, me talking to myself on screens and just some chats with the audience, a bit about my life, my time at Giggle and who has.
Speaker 5: A bit of everything, Jimmy, you have I think one of the things that's so interesting about your career projection is like you working mainstream media and now you've taken it all into social media.
Speaker 3: What do you prefer.
Speaker 5: Do you prefer working and being on TV or are you preferring being sort of in the social media landscape.
Speaker 6: It's so funny having just gone from you know, like making TV and look Gigglin who was actually quite a quick show, to turn around and say we are going the stars. You're like, it's a live show. It's really crazy. But the stuff I'm doing now, if I have an idea in the morning, it's posted by mid afternoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I got down to TV and You're like, this is so long and tedious. I worked on a I just did a little film like We'd Stand. I was just like a little cameo in it, and I was there for three days or something, and I was in it for about thirty seconds.
Speaker 4: I was like, this is so frustrating to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, that's why we love radio.
Speaker 3: Live, we talk, we go home, always speak for four minutes at a time.
Speaker 2: Jimmy, Laura and I haven't spoken to each other outside of Soundproof Box for about five years.
Speaker 1: I hate it. We hate each other. No, silly, it's just like non existent. Jimmy rees.
Speaker 2: If you want tickets to see in Frontier Touring dot com, let's get regional tours on until July.
Speaker 1: Go book tickets, Go get Jimmy. Thank you for coming on the show, buddy. We love you.
Speaker 7: Thanks guys, we'll see you soon, see Jimmy.
Speaker 1: All right, everyone back after this, I'd pick up