Speaker 1: Got anything good. Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Perhaps his news today.
Speaker 1: Incredible scenes yesterday Liam Neeson, he loves Melbourne. Liam Neeson is making his third movie in Melbourne within the last four years. It's incredible work rate. This is now must be as like second at home. He spends a lot of time here.
Speaker 2: Does he Is he going back and forth or does he live in massive in somewhere now?
Speaker 1: So yesterday his new movie The Mongoose. I can't wait to see already. They've got my money, take my money whatever he's in that some retired army event. I guarantee the Mongoose. They shut down the Carder Freeway yesterday at a really quiet time of the day, six pm. There's no one on the card of Freeway at six pm want to get home or go to work for six to ten. I don't even know how much money does this cost to close a freeway for a movie for four hours.
Speaker 2: And it's not like there's a lot of alternatives to the cold. You're either go in that way you're not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, today and tomorrow they're filming in Castlemaine, the CBD there.
Speaker 2: It's all for this new movie.
Speaker 1: Five hundred people are working on his new movie, which is incredible. Here are some of the clips about it that we went around in Australia yesterday. Drivers on the Calder Freeway are in for a surprise tonight with a section of the road shut down for a Hollywood film shoot.
Speaker 2: This is incredible.
Speaker 3: They love actually and Taken Star has been in Melbourne for the past couple of weeks filming his latest thriller action film, The Mongoose. He's been here in Elfinstone or right throughout the day filming a highway chase scene which did force the Colder Freeway to close.
Speaker 1: Now apparently it's a big sort of chase movie, so this scene is key. It's the big sort of action piece.
Speaker 3: It's a critical part of the film, which Senter's on. Neeson's character, a war veteran accused of a crime he did not commit, leading police on a televised cross country car chase. Great news for film fans, not so much for travelers though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm deferent to see the film. Waited it.
Speaker 1: And also you get this ridiculous thrill spotting local locations on TV show. Oh that's the coffee shop there, anyone will They're going to make so much money just from Australians here in Melbourne, right, just to go and see bits of the Calder Freeway and the Castle Main CBD bad news.
Speaker 2: I mean, did they warn anyone?
Speaker 1: You know sometimes they say major roadworks on the thirty first? Was there any countdown that the mongoose is coming to the Golder Freeway?
Speaker 2: Was he signing autographs if people stuck in traffic?
Speaker 3: Motorists are being told to expect delays of up to thirty minutes for their journey.
Speaker 2: This is my favorite bit. If you use Melbourne roads regularly, I kind of do.
Speaker 1: The potholes here are like anything I've ever experienced in the world. It's like driving a moon buggy in your car and the various potholes of Melbourne trying to fight film a Hollywood chasing where they get the stunt drivers that were going at high speed.
Speaker 3: And today we did learn that the government was concerned the state of Victoria's it might be a problem for the movie cruise. They sent repair cruise.
Speaker 1: Oh great, well, now I just moan about my roads around my way. So there's a major the mongoose is filming around here.
Speaker 2: Please Liam come and film.
Speaker 1: Oh we can't have a Hollywood star crashing around into one of those craters that are everywhere.
Speaker 2: That is incredible.
Speaker 3: And today we did learn that the government was concerned the state of Victoria's roads might be a problem for the movie Cruise. They sent repair Cruise here ahead of time to fix the potholes.
Speaker 1: You can imagine currently working through Liam Neeson is coming filled these potholes in So if there's five hundred people working on this movie and Liam Neeson's been here for a couple of weeks, odds on, just like Shark and well week, you know where, we've got listeners in various places and do different things. Yesterday we've been just doing a phone and actually Shark and the Shark story yesday came from a guy who'd been a key grip and a former child star of Home and Away who was actually calling us from the location of Home. Someone who listens to this show must be working on that movie.
Speaker 2: A Christian O'Connell show podcast