Speaker 1: Celebrity news.
Speaker 2: You like that? Guards All right, here's crow out up with a hitter, celebrity gossip.
Speaker 1: What do you got for it?
Speaker 2: So Ella Langley, you know the chick that sings choosing Texas, Texas?
Speaker 1: How good is this song? Ba the way he's disturbing?
Speaker 2: So she's just broken a record held by literal legends Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey. So Choosing Texas has just gone fifteen weeks at number one in the US, which means it's the longest non holiday hit by a woman to sit at the top of the American chart right behind her, So she's fifteen weeks for Ella Langley, I sorry for choosing Texas.
Speaker 1: At fourteen weeks.
Speaker 2: So she's beaten all the songs I'm going to say Mariah Carey's we Belong Together, So she's beaten this. Also at fourteen weeks, she's broken Whitney Houston's I Will Always Love You I Love That, which is an iconic song.
Speaker 1: So that's crazy. I think she's about that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: At thirteen weeks number one, she's beaten Brandy and Moni because the Boy is Mine.
Speaker 1: I love this so too.
Speaker 2: And at eleven weeks She's also Broken Destiny's Child's Independent Woman Part one. Oh, and I've got to mention this one because I love it. Also in eleven Weeks, Tony Braxton Unbreak My.
Speaker 3: Heart says, oh so good.
Speaker 2: And this is like, I mean, Ella Langley a country artist.
Speaker 1: She's probably been known in the US for a bit longer.
Speaker 2: Because the country music's huge there, But I mean, this is the first time we've heard of her in Australia, so I could say that she probably only get bigger and bigger from here.
Speaker 1: Good. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: Of course, the longest running of all time though, is still Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's like a holiday. So do they count to hear that every year it goes number one? Do they count it as another week because it's not consecutive? Yeah, there's there's a.
Speaker 2: Difference between consecutive and then I think the one, Oh nah.
Speaker 1: Like, are we in David Jones.
Speaker 2: To be about a month's time they start playing Christmas songs in David Jones?
Speaker 1: What are still Christmas in July twenty eighth of July.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is one of the best songs of all time Christmas or not.
Speaker 1: I say, really, who's listening to this song? Is not normal days.
Speaker 2: Also, Keiki Palmer has interviewed Oprah, and despite the fact that Oprah's bringing like a household name for forty or so years, she's never revealed this before.
Speaker 1: Her real name isn't actually Oprah? What what has age name? No? So what happened is her real name?
Speaker 2: No one could pronounce it so much so that even she didn't know her real name was an Oprah. Her parents just went with the mispronunciation. And it wasn't until she was twenty that she found out her real name.
Speaker 1: Take a listen.
Speaker 2: I found out that your name it was originally Orpah.
Speaker 1: It was Orpah from the Bible. People started calling me Oprah. I didn't learn until I was like probably twenty or something, that, oh, this isn't really my name.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, a Pah.
Speaker 1: You would have thought that R would have been before the P. Then it was it is, it's O RP. So they've just changed it to Oh, they've changed it.
Speaker 2: I've got some other celebrity names we commonly mispronounced Ariana Grunde incorrect, Grundy, Grundy yep. She said that she's confirmed it it's actually Grundy. Eva Mendez is actually Ava Mendez.
Speaker 1: That's one of those things.
Speaker 2: Denzel Washington. I don't know why we've just gone with Denzel all these years.
Speaker 1: It's Denzil. We've just added a bit of like extra swag exactly.
Speaker 2: But he if you hear him, he always calls himself Denzil. He never says Denzel, We've just done that. And then the last one people always get wrong is Travis Kelcey is actually Travis kelce Oh. Yeah, he even rolls with the mispronunciation like most people do.
Speaker 1: They just get over correcting everyone so they just go with it. So he's just gone with Travis Kelcey.
Speaker 2: I knew, well she said her name was Karen, but it was spelled Karen. Andre is car crazy to claim.
Speaker 1: Karen should go it's Karen. That's like me going, my name is not nad. It's not you can't do that. It's clearly not