Speaker 1: People do some weird shit.
Speaker 2: Television legend Carrie Anne Kenney fell several meters from a trapeze while performing in the musical Pivot.
Speaker 1: Some thinkings make more sense than others. Bring pikes, nurseries, flood nursery pikes, p y k e sky Why I ky as in kill?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 1: Okay? Bless yourself for the rude shocks of young adults? Food?
Speaker 2: Why is the life so expensive?
Speaker 3: I'm not even having a good Chimes is.
Speaker 1: Just a couple of mitches? What about me?
Speaker 2: Don't forget who?
Speaker 1: No he is mixture and mutual community.
Speaker 5: Yeah, seventy five feeling a lot to be out of the house.
Speaker 1: Oh, I now write essential service.
Speaker 2: I know any Sydney started in lockdown thinking of you where feel in it? Anyone outside of Sydney must be nice.
Speaker 1: Hardly essential too. How does this do you think? If Gladys was given one episode about show and I Gladys, we've just got to go through every profession and make sure that you deem it essential. If she listened to the last episode with Nat where we were all absolutely adhding off our head, she's slaughterous.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I wouldn't use the word essential, but hey, it's employment. So here we are. We are back here as well. And guess who else has finally decided to rock up? Yeah, contraceptive Diaphram sam Our, so called producer. Hello die, Hi, welcome back.
Speaker 1: Like a slot cat leaving the house? Is that cat?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you've been moving house right? I have a moving house.
Speaker 4: I have a lovely new loft and boxes to prove it perfect for Lockdown.
Speaker 2: You know the worst part of moving into a new place is when you just want everything to be unpacked, but they're still like shit everywhere and it's all cludded and not quite unpacked. Have you had more time in lockdown to just get everything right?
Speaker 4: Well, for the first week it was delightful because I had the entire time to have a little bit of a hobby, which was great, and that was unpacking. And now I can't buy any furniture because I.
Speaker 2: Can't go What are you missing? What furniture are you missing?
Speaker 6: Ah?
Speaker 4: You know, couch table, dining table, kitchen utensils.
Speaker 1: So you've got a bed. Yeah, you'll be toasting your toast with the hair dry for the first month. Great to have you back, Sam. I think unpacking after a move you're never fully unpacked until twelve months or six months.
Speaker 2: No, it's true. I was actually thinking I've been in my place for like two years now, and I was thinking yesterday, I was like, I want to get some new bits and bobs, like side tables and stuff, and same as Sam, I was like, it's furniture shopping essential. Can I go to someone's house if I find like a side table on Marketplace or a gum tree, just you know, wear a mask but probably not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably love.
Speaker 4: The guy who went to Ikea and was there for eleven hours and was positive with COVID.
Speaker 2: I know, yeah, I wouldn't go to somewhere like that.
Speaker 1: God, No, that's awful. Although those meatballs are radioactive, so it's always an exposure sign as far as I'm a disgusting venue.
Speaker 2: Who's going to bring it up?
Speaker 1: TV parents, who's going to do should?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, We've got a whole chunk of the show later on dedicated to talking about your TV appearance. You're on Beauty in the Geek last week.
Speaker 1: Sorry before they're the tweets coming through.
Speaker 2: Monk the hopes of Beauty and the Geek. You're on there with her, and she's going to be on the podcast a bit later on.
Speaker 1: I love Sophie, which I have to say, where's my round of applause? I was negged for weeks you won't get Sophie. You've changed the date. This is your probation every period, and I've come through, and I've.
Speaker 2: Got some think I negged at all what I said when you when you when you locked in Sophie Monk on the show. There was no negging. I said, if you keep this up, you'll pass probation. As you know, I had to demote you recently. You were underperformed.
Speaker 1: I was not. Sam wasn't he a vouch for it? No, it didn't happen.
Speaker 8: And I was promoted.
Speaker 1: You were not promoted.
Speaker 2: Iron Keepers Price Keeper.
Speaker 1: Oh that was months ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It's taking you this long to do something and come out of probation. But hey, Sophie haven't come on yet, so it could still fail.
Speaker 1: True, very true. We have a couple of gyms to get through. If it is your first time listening. That's how we start the show every week. This is just me, something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate the basis of the gyms. I bring one Mitch brings one. We don't know what they are before we say them on the cloud. And mine happened yesterday as I was driving home from work. I had a thought came to me. Fever dream hit me, and I went, you know what, I agree with it, and I've thought this before. I'm going to bring it to the show and see if it's a shared opinion.
Speaker 2: Okay, isn't that the process for every single DYM.
Speaker 1: Yes, just for your listeners to reset exactly what it is.
Speaker 2: Would you want me to kick things off with my iGEM? Do you want it just me yet?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: You can start. I'm ready to jump into it. Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Are you struggling to stay a bit motivated during Sydney Lockdown in terms of exercise and die and just helped in general?
Speaker 1: That's been a persistent issue for me for twenty five pass but yes, it's even more so. And I've noticed Hayden is and he's a fit guy. So if he's struggling, then I go I probably should be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's been going to the gym a lot. What was wasn't he.
Speaker 1: He lost like eight kilos? Great? Looks great, he does look great.
Speaker 2: I was just starting to get on a roll with the gym and the personal trainer and stuff.
Speaker 1: But I've got a roll too. Sorry, Sorry, I've got And.
Speaker 2: I know that home workouts are a thing, But the reason I struggled to get motivated is because, like when I'm at the gym, it's like I'm there, I'm in the zone. There's a time and a place for everything. If I'm there, I'm going to actually apply myself to it. But when I'm at home, my brain's in like kickback mode. It's very hard to get out of kickbat mode when you're in your own house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very true.
Speaker 2: That also applies to working from home, exercise from home, anything. It's just yeah, it's tricky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you still doing your pet? You can't go.
Speaker 2: No, I can't because the the the gym's are closed, so I can't go see old mate James. But he did say to me. He texted me the other day and said he could give me some home workouts to do, And I said, hold that thought there might be people like me who are also struggling with fitness motivation during lockdown or just in general. Even if you're not in Sydney and you want a homework out to do. I said, hold that thought, I'll get you on the podcast instead. James, Oh my.
Speaker 1: God, old genius for others. I mean, I won't be taking notes. Yeah, other people that are very interest.
Speaker 2: I take to do his number.
Speaker 1: Oh got it? Thank you.
Speaker 2: Don't forget. If you want to see what this guy looks like, it's James the Body Smith on Instagram. Last time Jenna looked him up for the first time on Instagram, she was like, I'm just so you know, Mitchell, I'm killing time while you dial. You just stopped dialing and paid me attention. I'm trying to pad out while you dial, but you just stopped dialing to listen to me. Because the last time she looked him up and she like reacted on the podcast Instagram, she was like, oh my god.
Speaker 8: Yes, he's a muscleman.
Speaker 2: He's a fucking machine.
Speaker 1: In that coffin, she was dead all right, dy, James? Is he gay? Is he one of us?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Hello, Hi James, very well, Mitch and Jenner here as well.
Speaker 8: Nice to meet you.
Speaker 1: How are you mate?
Speaker 6: Hello, nice to meet you.
Speaker 2: So I was just telling them that you had some home workout ideas that you might want to share for anyone like me who being a little bit idle during Sydney lockdown.
Speaker 1: James, I'm sweating already.
Speaker 6: So you guys can hear me, all right?
Speaker 2: Yeah you want to speakerphone?
Speaker 6: No terrible, such a pet thing? Yeah, okay, cool. So basically the workout that I've got playing for you guys. You can do a little bit of a variation and stuff if anyone does want to try this at home.
Speaker 2: Actually, why don't we get Mitchell? As you're telling us what to do? You can bet the demo? Mitchell? Why don't you do James's homework?
Speaker 1: I was just thinking that it's almost like you've set him up to make me do this. What do them in studio?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's step by step and Mitch can have a go.
Speaker 1: Can someone send him a photo of me? Something knows the life to go? James, I'm like a small marshmallow. All right. I'm going to keep my headphones on so I can hear him and I'll be on the floor.
Speaker 2: How are you coping during lockdown?
Speaker 3: James?
Speaker 2: I'm assuming you've got all your home gym equipment and stuff, so you're not flacking off.
Speaker 6: Look, I'm probably doing better than most. Yeah, I do have a bit of a home gym set up here, just because you know. It was one of those things that happened during the last lockdown. Yeah, I went a little bit crazy with buying equipment.
Speaker 2: No one told me what are you doing.
Speaker 1: My assumption, James, was to just get in on all fours like a baby calf.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go through this homework out.
Speaker 6: What do you go they need to be up?
Speaker 2: What he set up? You get told me a month.
Speaker 1: To get up. We should have preplane.
Speaker 6: Okay, so we started off with ten body weight squads.
Speaker 2: If you go ten body weight squads, make sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got a chicken parmesan, a sandwich that I'll use his my weight.
Speaker 2: He said, body weight.
Speaker 1: It's a deep squad.
Speaker 6: Want to go as far down as possible in those squats. Keep your chests up and your shoulders back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's actually doing quite well. To be honest, I'm me. I pressed.
Speaker 1: I've had a pet before.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're feeling it. You're feeling it in your glute. Five.
Speaker 1: James, you're the PT that skips every two. I had an old PT that will go one.
Speaker 3: Four.
Speaker 4: Why do you miss Mitch?
Speaker 6: You want to answer that one?
Speaker 2: For me. Yeah, No, James is the one that loses count and then makes me do more than I'm actually meant to you.
Speaker 1: We're only up to.
Speaker 2: Seven, and I'm like, bullshit, that was fifteen.
Speaker 1: I've done a Baker's dozen, James. I'm ready to move on.
Speaker 6: All right. So you will need to get on the floor for this one. So this one is tenushs down.
Speaker 2: You get ten pushes.
Speaker 6: This is difficult on the toes for as many as you can.
Speaker 1: What can you put the chicken sandwich on the floor.
Speaker 6: It's a little intentive.
Speaker 2: Ohs, these these arms are shaking, poor thing. When was the last time you did a push up? Mitchell nineteen ninety five, the year you were born coming out of the womb?
Speaker 1: Six?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's shaking, Semon.
Speaker 2: But he's pushing through eight.
Speaker 3: I'm impressed.
Speaker 2: Actually he's doing quite well. Okay, there you go. No equipment required. So far ten squats, ten push ups? What's next, James?
Speaker 6: All right, So what we want to do now is going to be some walking lunges.
Speaker 1: So we walking in a studio across.
Speaker 6: The room and then or in a circle whatever I don't really mind, and then ten cents back the other way.
Speaker 1: Can I just do the nut bush and we'll call that lunges?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's a lot like you're kneeling down to propose to your gay boyfriend and then standing back up and then kneeling down the next book?
Speaker 1: Does the knee touch the ground? James?
Speaker 6: Yes? Please?
Speaker 3: What? Oh?
Speaker 2: Did you hear that? Knee crack?
Speaker 1: I'm stuck down. You can do it, I'm.
Speaker 2: Start Okay, So ten of those if you were capable stop.
Speaker 6: Walking forward? Ten walking on them all the way back. Actually it's twenty all up.
Speaker 2: Okay, we get the idea. Twenty of those and then what so we've got ten.
Speaker 6: Sit ups for this one, So sit ups or crunches? Sites go for fifteen su I'm sitting.
Speaker 2: No, down on the floor, get back down?
Speaker 1: What's this? What's the sit up? Is it a crunch?
Speaker 2: Yeah, similar to a crunch, but sit up you kind of go further up. But let's do the crunch fit fifteen?
Speaker 6: Fifteen crunches?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he's concussed on the ground.
Speaker 3: I have to see me.
Speaker 2: Okay, commit to one crunch? All right, there we go?
Speaker 3: How many three?
Speaker 2: Fifteen?
Speaker 3: It looks like you're in labor.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's just say you've done fifteen. There you go, okay, well done. All right, so you.
Speaker 6: Do ten squads, ten.
Speaker 2: Push ups, twenty walking lunges. There's a whole very fifteen fifteen crunches, and then.
Speaker 6: What very last thing is going to be ten mountain climbers on each side, a hard mountain climb and climbers all up.
Speaker 1: You're going to have to explain, James.
Speaker 6: So you basically want to start in a push up position and then round your shoulders forward just a little bit and bring your knees up towards your chest like this.
Speaker 2: Do you want me to do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mitchell needs to do one for demonstration.
Speaker 2: Okay, theeds are tough.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like a push up. But while you're doing it, you you know, youre climbing a fucking mountain. That yeah, but your foot doesn't touch the ground when it comes forward, right, James, Oh I didn't get that. There you go, okay, I think it's got And then and then you repeat each one how many times?
Speaker 6: So depending on fitness level or would get any of my clients that between three and five times in a session?
Speaker 2: You guys say, could you do all those three to five times. Your brow is so thweaty.
Speaker 1: You've just reinstated my ASSMN. It was dormant for twenty years.
Speaker 8: Than you.
Speaker 1: James.
Speaker 2: You can people do like coaching with you even during lockdown. Is there like an online thing or people not in Sydney?
Speaker 6: Yeah, look I do. I do offer online coaching as well. You know, I can do like gym programs or home programs. It's totally up to It's very good.
Speaker 2: He keeps me accountable and handling all.
Speaker 6: The nutrition coaching and stuff as well.
Speaker 2: The devil, No, James, the bodysmith is his hand.
Speaker 1: Almost James, wat Jim you want to go? Sorry? TL Oh my god, he's gone. No.
Speaker 2: I was over here spitness five dot my Myths training sessions, which I never thought i'd say. Oh, I can't believe you said that.
Speaker 1: Listen, I actually enjoyed that. Wow you aristhmatic. Wheeze.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, We're gonna have to give you a bit of time to recover before we move on to your origin.
Speaker 1: Sounds like an hour glass. All right, now, I'm ready. I'm ready to go. Majorm let's going? Is it just me? Is the only thing worth your time? On the McDonald's menu the wrap range.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I've got some time for some other things.
Speaker 1: No, I got no time, not a minute or a second, other than the breakfast menu. But as far as I'm concerned, two separate restaurants.
Speaker 2: Oh, I do love the breaking menu.
Speaker 1: Recommend recommend you. Oh my god, there's not one thing on the Brecky menu that I would not order twice. I adore the Brecky menu. Sausage and ed McMuffin is my favorite fast food item in the history of the world.
Speaker 2: Are you obsessed with the wraps because of the illusion that they're more healthy for you? Then, like burghers and stuff.
Speaker 1: That helps, That really does help. That's what started the craze. But oh my god, And I've mentioned this on the show before, so you know, I'm really into it, and I've studied. They don't make them after midnight. Then I finished famously Mitch till midnight. I'm finished at twelve, so I can never get my wraps at night, and I'm never normally at McDonald's other than at midnight or just after. So I'm very upset by this superior. You know you can get them grilled and crispy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how goods The grilled one.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean, you get chicken breast. So I thought, let's go through some restaurants and we say, the one thing that is worth your time. Okay, at that restaurant Hungry Jacks.
Speaker 7: What thing?
Speaker 8: Why not, Jenna, because I don't I haven't been there for years, so I don't know what.
Speaker 1: But you'd have a whopper if you went to Hungry Jacks.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I would. I do love their onion rings. Can't get them elsewhere.
Speaker 1: Polarizing podcasts do where I'm fairfair fare, Red Rooster everything.
Speaker 2: I know that that's my favorite.
Speaker 1: But they're one thing. If you could go to Red Rooster and they said we're about to blow up, you can only order one thing. Yeah, Rooster chips.
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm obsessed, obsessed with Red Rooster chips.
Speaker 1: They are good chips.
Speaker 2: They're the best.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: What about you, Sam, You're one of those annoying people that can just eat whatever you want and still have a slender frame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I know there's a lot of buzz about Red Rooster chips. I'm not here for it, all right.
Speaker 1: What about KFC? The one thing you'd order?
Speaker 2: Oh god, I do I do like their crushes. You can't get their elsewhere, you know, like the weird milkshake things they've gone for a period.
Speaker 1: They would add them on to restaurants. They would like build a separate house next door. It was like the Crusher shut Hearts or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the version of Macafe.
Speaker 8: I love the you know, these little lunch box pack thing that they have with the little bun and the chicken and.
Speaker 1: All the trade so good. They're gravy and mash. Oh my god, but not one thing. It's the original recipe, tenders. But you want to you original chicken.
Speaker 2: No, I can't do the KFC chicken because I genuinely didn't like the way that the skin separate. That's why I like the red roofs tu.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a maraca. The skin comes from the skin from the from the deep fried batter.
Speaker 4: Sam, can I make a confession here? Of course, I have never been to KFC in my entire life.
Speaker 2: What well, that's a third.
Speaker 1: You've never been intrigued by the allure of the kernel, so I have.
Speaker 4: But now it's become such a thing.
Speaker 2: I have to make an event of it, Sam to eat it before the end of the show. Hopefully rocks a.
Speaker 1: We have Surphy mon to get through. Let's order it now. I'm going to do it on my phone. You're connected to the kiddio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can order it.
Speaker 1: A charge to the business.
Speaker 7: It's a big virginity to break. I'm I'm kind of nervous.
Speaker 2: Should get Oh to get some chips.
Speaker 1: He has to get popcorn, chicken and an original recipe chicken. Maybe a box, a family box.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll find a box.
Speaker 1: Now me a box in there somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a bucket.
Speaker 1: Look you first show back. You're getting free KFC. He's a smart man.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: I've also never driven a Mercedes. Oh, we should just buy one of the show. No worries. I've also never lived in a mansion and.
Speaker 1: Your kidney as well. Is it just me?
Speaker 2: You can follow the show online. Just search a couple of miches.
Speaker 3: If you don't, you're a dickheads.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sophie Monk joining us in just a sec.
Speaker 1: What is that song?
Speaker 2: How dare you?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: You're not a true Sophie Monk fan?
Speaker 1: Clearly is that her sole?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: This is listen. He's never side outside. I had the physical CD.
Speaker 1: I was a mambo number five.
Speaker 2: Kid, I had that too.
Speaker 1: I probably do. I probably do know it deep deep in my mind.
Speaker 2: I remember, actually, my dad must have taken my sister to an appointment or something. Yeah, and he came back. He must have gone to Sanity and Dubbo or something thing. When he was out in the big town. The CD shop that's still open would not surprise, and he just threw the CD at me and it landed in my lap. And I was like, Sophie mugs because I loved her as a kid, I still love her.
Speaker 1: Full circle moment, she's coming on the show, isn't that cute? Very excited Sophie. Let's do some reviews. Don't forget if your review is read out on the show. You've got seven weeks to contact price keeper. I was so confident.
Speaker 8: I rehearsed, let.
Speaker 1: Me do it. You've got seven days to reach out to prize keeper Jenna on on our Instagram, and then you'll get your mug sent out to you. Seven weeks. What ridiculous?
Speaker 2: To second, I was like, yeah, seas, by the way, big news in terms of our mug store, they're now available in pink.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I do know that. Yeah, that's very exciting.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're so cute, the pink one and it's like a Pasteli pink.
Speaker 1: It's really it's.
Speaker 2: A millennial pink.
Speaker 1: I believe your limited run.
Speaker 2: Guys, all right, you can buy one in our Instagram by or you win one by getting your.
Speaker 1: Review read out correct like. Hailey Jane has just done one of the best podcasts I've ever listened to, she says on Facebook reviews. Been following komb since the podcast which shall not be named. Everyone says that, and you know what, my throat can't gag another time.
Speaker 2: Oh you mean not my cup of tea.
Speaker 1: My thought was canceled. And have a loved every single second I've listened to eagerly await every Monday morning to listen to the not much Mitchell Jenna in here, listen to the pot of my way to work Metury at the Mardi Gras, and he was so nice in person, like she was shocked, he was so nice.
Speaker 2: And fat in person.
Speaker 1: Thanks for making us laugh through this horrendous time. Thank you, Hailey Jane. You've got seven days to reach out to Jenna. Thanks Hailee, I'll do another Facebook one. Chloe Spittery, Chloe.
Speaker 2: Sitter Chloe that was in COVID. Say for me, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Now we're wearing masks.
Speaker 2: No we're not.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not.
Speaker 2: You're allowed you you're talking into a mic, you're allowed.
Speaker 1: Correct, Check the teas and seas, Chloe, is it just me?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is this podcast flipping amazing? I started listening to podcasts so the podcast about two months ago. I've listened to every episode since. I've listened to them twice as well. I'm obsessed. It's all I listened to at work. I'm a trucky with extensive hours to kill at work to make it breeze by no time I listened to the show. I started to convert my other trucky buddies to the podcast as well as my partner, and they love it too. Thank you for being so open and honest. You've changed my life and make every day I listen to you at least two percent better. Mitches time. I could go on forever with praise queerly you do for you all, But I know Mitch and Jenna will probably critique my poor grammar.
Speaker 2: I'm not even looking at it.
Speaker 1: So I'll leave it here. She's felt here, h I e R. So she's terrible. I'll keep spreading the word and love for your show. You're faithful and during idiot Chloe, I want to win a Margaret goes on forever.
Speaker 2: So Chloe, you've got a Mark well Jenna on a couple of mitches then, yeah, you got your mug.
Speaker 1: Seven days to do it. You're trucky and that was Cloe. Anyway, I've just.
Speaker 2: Ordered the KFC, so we'll get Sam. Oh my god, if it shows up in time, are you right?
Speaker 1: It made me do crunches, mate.
Speaker 2: I'll get Sam to try a cave for the first time. Hopefully it rocks up in time. After we get Sophie monk on and she there, get yeah, let's check.
Speaker 1: Oh no, she texts me what sorry, I can't come on? Oh come on?
Speaker 2: This was your big opportunity to actually produce something and come out of probation.
Speaker 1: Just kidding. It's my mum. She's under in the oven here. I don't know if she can see us though, can you see us?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is very exciting because I've got my podcast husband with me and my television wife Sophie Monke is here.
Speaker 3: Look at you cheating on me?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: I've been found out? How are you? Thank you for coming on.
Speaker 3: I'm good and thanks for coming on the show. You were so good on beating the Geek. People were writing to me that I should be your podcast.
Speaker 2: Why really, murry ouset here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, they did, so we should have a podcast. I did actually ask me said he's already taken.
Speaker 1: She did on the rooftop. In between takes, like when they were loading beauties and geeks in and out of the studio, we would run up to the rooftop have a coffee. So if it was like, oh, so, what's your movements with podcasts? Is there you have any extra time in the week? So if I'm very busy, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll we're killing two birds of one stone today. So if I got to say you you have to be reluctant before starting a podcast with Mitch because he's very promising at first, but then you start to realize how disorganized he actually is. I'm I'm actually surprised that the interviews even happening because he looked after it was he good to work with the beauty and the geek.
Speaker 3: He was brilliant. I'm not joking. He was all over it. Very funny. Made me look funny, which is great. I'm sure I stole a few of your jokes as well.
Speaker 1: That's fine, you can have them.
Speaker 2: You can have It's a shame we couldn't get you in studio today so with you know, Sydney Lockdown and everything, because I was hoping to get you to sign my physical copy of your single Inside Outside. I still have all the old CD that I have when I was little embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Oh, I feel like you and my family are the only one that has a copy of that.
Speaker 2: Well, I still know the words, what are the lyrics?
Speaker 1: Turn the Bend? I'm sorry, Mitch was a little gay boy in the country growing up in bog and Gage.
Speaker 2: You know what though, the CD single, I don't know if you remember so, but it came with like a pull out poster, and because I had a poster of Sophie Monk in a bikini on my wall, my parents were like, oh, maybe he's straight.
Speaker 3: Well, and it's such a camp photo anyway.
Speaker 2: It is so camp. I'll have to get you to sign it another time. But hey, I wanted to ask. That's obviously your old music back in the day, but I want to know when there's new music coming because you posted on your Instagram late last year a little teaser of a song that you'd recorded.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got it is this? Yeah you cat some time, burlesque vibes.
Speaker 2: A kind of thing. Same, It's very like James.
Speaker 1: Bond really adele. Yeah, bit generous now, I said Dell like a computer. Sounds like it was made on a Dell computer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so the Instagram post was basically saying, Hi, guys, be honest, should I release this? I didn't see one person say anything discouraging you from releasing it, and yet we haven't seen the song yet. When you're getting new music because I love this ship.
Speaker 3: Well, I delete the bad comments anyway.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: I've shot the music video for it. We're just waiting on the final edit to release it. It's a very different sound, but it's just that's what I wear. I'm pumpedy is it for?
Speaker 1: Is it just to like pop someone out?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not gonna win Narria anytime. I don't never want anything in my life, so I think it's just for people if they.
Speaker 6: Want all to it.
Speaker 3: And I like the vibe. It's different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love this vibe. It's definitely not inside outside but like no. Yeah, this is such a vibe. I'm into it.
Speaker 1: So you're so busy as well? What's coming up? TV wise? So because Bitty and the Geek is rapped filming obviously, so it's airing. Now what do you have coming up?
Speaker 3: Yep, I Love Island's coming out. Yeah, that's the end of the year. But that's next to Live. That's pretty much live. So I don't know much more than I'm doing it shaity, but just yeah, try and lock down in between that with the confusing lockdown that's going on.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, isn't it. Where are you?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: Just don't you in Brisbane? Were you in Brisbane Central Coast?
Speaker 2: I thought?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Central Coast? Now yeah, but yeah, so I'm not Are you confused about the rules a bit? I'm like, so, can I get to work or not? So I'm just staying at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, if it's work that can't be done from home, I think you're allowed to leave. But I mean any excuses day home, I reckon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so bad for the radio show, Surf because my radio show is still classed as essential servers. So every night I'm doing my stupid games and the only cause I'm getting nurses because they're the only ones in the cars. I'm like, Sally, what are you doing tonight? She's like, I just ventilated a nineteen year old and I'm on my way home.
Speaker 3: Oh my, look you that, Mitch. I love how you're still going to work like a frontline worker.
Speaker 1: Not good? Oh so far? Hey look we love you. I think Beauty the Geek was so fun?
Speaker 2: And how long ago did you guys film that? Oh?
Speaker 3: How long was that?
Speaker 6: Bitch?
Speaker 1: It would have been Yeah, it would have been about eight where I think it was end of March. End of March. We shot that in the studios and we were here for hours, like in there in that booth, just recording. We went delirious by the end. We were like you can see it in some of the takes, like I just keep hitting you, like I keep grabbing your shoulder because I was physically laughing so hard. We had so much fun that.
Speaker 3: Day, didn't we? It was very fun.
Speaker 2: I've heard that TV takes like a lot longer to film than people realize, so like, is that frustrating having to do TV sheets like that? So far? It it's there all day for like not much footage that actually gets used.
Speaker 3: Oh, not when it's about you. But when you have to say, do a movie. When you're doing a movie and you're sitting in the trailer waiting for your turn, that's hard, you know, because you're just bored. But you know it's so entertaining a show like this, it doesn't get boring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're the host, so you know there's more of you coming up. Like I had my auntie Julie and uncle Sam like in Queensland watching and they're like, oh, we'll go get popcorn and keep watching after the ad break. I'm like, oh, no, that's it. I'm done. I'm out. There's not much more of me maybe in a promo, but I was so great. So and you've got your wedding coming up to when is that that's exciting?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: I haven't booked it yet, we have done anything. I think we'll do low key because yeah, that's exactly right. So yeah, I think I'm just stop from home, the safest way to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Soph was telling me guys that she actually used the prop department from Beauty and the Geek to like set design her engagement party.
Speaker 2: Are so smart. I'm looking at you and I can tell that your house is beautiful, so like I would get married there too.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you. Oh you were lucky. It's not massive, it's just open and nice, you know. So just it's safe for us to do it at home, just with him and I.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fiance life going good because you're like, you committed now, so you're in it for the long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's awesome. I think I'm doing his heading, but I love having him around.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Hey, I remember a few years ago, back when I was still in high school. I was in the car with mum and she had Star FM Orange tuned into the radio, and I heard you talking and I was like, is that the same Sophie Monk that I listened to a music like Inside Outside? This can't be the same Sophie Monk. You were filling in for fefee Box at the time. And oh yeah, you've done heaps of radio years after that. Is that something that you're just kind of done with radio? Or could you do that again full time?
Speaker 3: I love radio, but I love everything too. Breakfast radio is tough, I think it just it really messed with me because we had no ratings either. I remember there was a newspaper that read for people that are blind and that got higher ratings than our shot getting it. It's say getting up early to do you know shit radio said that early booms you out.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, it helps when you're very the filling gale and I'm the filling guy, Like, we don't get the show. We just get called up when someone has diarrhea or a baby, like, then we fill in on the show. That's us. That's what we do.
Speaker 3: I like it that way. The substitute teacher, that's what we like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the B side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And doesn't everyone get like a big sigh of relief when they've got a sub teacher They realize that they're teachers the way and they're like, oh great, this is going to be a loose lesson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and no, it's not rating sor it either, so there's no pressure on you to have a good show.
Speaker 2: Now, there's one question that I like to ask all of our guests. You are welcome not to answer, but we have a list of things better than drugs and dick that we're working on gradually. It's kind of like it's kind of like something small in life that you appreciate. Some people might say, you know, a pair of slippers or what did anche bishops say?
Speaker 1: Chishop to bed God bless her.
Speaker 2: Jack Vigeon has just gone sober and so he was saying that things he believes are better than drugs and Dick are getting up early, riding a gratitude journal.
Speaker 1: So like a nice cool polease.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, might would be Jimmy Brings.
Speaker 2: Jimmy, that's good.
Speaker 1: No one has said alcohol.
Speaker 3: Yeah, delivered a cold and comes in like, you know, twenty minutes. Yep, that'd be it.
Speaker 2: I actually used Jimmy Brings for the first time not long ago, and I thought because it was like delivery service, they would jack up the prices. But it was just like going down to the bottle and getting a couple of cheap rosees. Like it was great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, without the embarrassment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can stay in your roag boots. They do Siggi's too. Did you know you can get cigarettes with Jimmy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I do know that. That was a big night when I had.
Speaker 1: I'm not a smoking but the one time I did Jimmy Brings, I'm like, yeah, I'll get some Malborough Reds.
Speaker 2: Why not? I was so wasted that night. I got a selfie with the guy that brought me cigarettes in the Jimmy brings.
Speaker 1: No like Jimmy's he No, I'm Stephen and I paid casually. I'm twelve, all right. So for we love you, we've kept you long enough, great to have my two mediate partners look at me. Polyamorous? Is that what's called? Is it monogynous?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You're in an open co host relationships and creative relationship. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So what does Mitch and I then does that make us the mistresses?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We're the mistresses. So we actually hate each other and they try to poison each other behind our backs, stuff like that.
Speaker 7: What does that take me?
Speaker 1: Oh, Jenna, what's Jenny?
Speaker 3: The We we like that.
Speaker 1: That's so funny.
Speaker 3: The person you have to invite to the wedding that you don't want.
Speaker 1: To Yeah, it always makes prolonged eye contact with you and you're like, what is going on? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And then why you're a kettle as a present?
Speaker 1: You're like, yeah, if it's not Smeg, I don't want.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a good present.
Speaker 2: Or I'll have to get you into the studio soon. So because we'd love to have you totally, I'd.
Speaker 1: Love to Beauty in the Geek guys, channel nine seven thirty a back seven thirty Sunday. So if you said when it's on Monday.
Speaker 3: Sunday seven and then Monday Tuesday seven.
Speaker 2: Thirty, yeah, you've got to make way for a current of fair on Monday to that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're all waiting for Tracy to get off the screen.
Speaker 1: What a strong lead in Tracy Grimshaw.
Speaker 2: And it's also up on nine now if anyone wants to get it on demand, right, yes you can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you missed the.
Speaker 2: Episode with Cheery and Sophie together. There you go nine now episode.
Speaker 1: Have a look. And so if you all those geeks and the beauties have followed me, it's so funny, like on Instagram and.
Speaker 3: They're like, I know they love a DM, don't.
Speaker 1: I love a DM.
Speaker 2: They've been really sweet.
Speaker 3: They are gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.
Speaker 1: It's a brilliant show. So we love you and we'll get you on soon in studio.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, love you guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you're listening to Is It just Me? A podcast by a couple of mitches.
Speaker 2: There we go, she actually came through. Well done, doubts, Well I did it?
Speaker 1: What do I get? Now? We've got to our tax office. And do I get a promotion on this day?
Speaker 2: I said that you'll get your pass probation if you get another guest if you have a good her on roll, like a good for your guests. Now, don't you have another segment as well? If you've got a jam packed show, all these ideas, I don't want to do it though, I'm.
Speaker 1: Exhausted after that.
Speaker 2: Oh what was it again?
Speaker 1: It is it just Meves Drops? I thought of it myself. Is it just me Eves Drops? Is it just me? From the wild?
Speaker 2: So like if I'm watching when you've ever heard other people say is it just me?
Speaker 1: Laura in order the other day she's like, is it just me? Or is this not a normal rape case? And then I play us the audio and then we have to answer it. Obviously that one we don't have the context, so we can't. But even like on television, there was a macas Adam like is it just me? Or is this the best wrap yet? And we can we can discuss it, we can work, We're ever ready to go it is, but I don't know the energy. I'm fucking exhausted.
Speaker 2: Also, I just bring that in instead you.
Speaker 4: Need it does smell excellent.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie bring it in here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fuck this segment.
Speaker 2: So we have a pomme trying KFC with the birth time. I can't believe you've never had it.
Speaker 4: I see, I grew up in a very safe household where we didn't like greasy food or anything.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this is so unsafe.
Speaker 1: You have such a britt for the first time.
Speaker 5: British skinny Boy tries Kentucky Fried Chickens video Claire as a fassive eyes el and the KFC customer did you sam p contraceptive diaphragm balance?
Speaker 1: Do have the right and the honor to try KFC for the first time. I've spoken to the colonel. We're cousins. We're all in bread. Oh my god, you may begin. You've got the bag.
Speaker 7: Thank you for your blessing.
Speaker 2: And I ordered you the Burger Feast. So there's original recipe e Ninger burgers, popcorn chicken, the best chips of course.
Speaker 4: Hang on, I'm just gonna give myself a hand job here. Name of the sanitizer.
Speaker 1: It's the brand of the hand sanitizing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're that after, I trust me. This stuff is real greasy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just sprayed that into my face. You're beautiful though moisturized.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: The funny thing is KFC include little sachets that I have alcohol wipes in them because your fingers get so greasy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. By the way, Sam, after eating this, you'll understand what I mean when I'm describing Red Rooster, where Like KFC feels like a good idea at the time, but after eating it, you've got this immediate sense of guilt because you just feel a bit gross. Red Rooster doesn't do that.
Speaker 4: No, you're right, okay, all right, So I feel like KFC chips. This is the one familiar places I agreed.
Speaker 1: Agree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you were saying that you don't like Red Rooster chip. It's not the fun try chip not any good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're good. Yeah, he proofs go straight to the original recipe.
Speaker 2: Give me those chips.
Speaker 7: The chips are the one thing I have dried.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love a soggy chip. I love it. I love it. I love a soggy pancake.
Speaker 7: I don't know. You see this is the problem. I don't even know what we're looking at.
Speaker 2: Let me have a look. These are the nuggets. Say that you're the original recipe? Actually, is there even, oh, Mitchell, I've made an error.
Speaker 1: What what?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 1: Don't tell me you forgot chicken?
Speaker 2: Well know, when it's the original recipe, I thought that meant the chicken, but they sent original recipe burgers, so like the chicken not fucking oh you'll still not have tried the bloody chicken anyway?
Speaker 7: Is that not the whole points?
Speaker 2: I was trying to order it while interviewing Sophie Monk, a rider was multitasking.
Speaker 1: Look this is better than is just maestro, It's already better.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I tried the original recipe burgery as well.
Speaker 1: But all it is is the same chicken on a paddy.
Speaker 2: Just pull it out here and take the chicken off, take the chicken off the burger.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, wait is the popcorn chicken as well?
Speaker 5: Yeah, skinny boy tries chicken.
Speaker 4: I nen't declare I've gone through twenty seven years in my life without trying it, which is just in Australia for how long my entirelight?
Speaker 2: That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: Also friends with me surely we've been there.
Speaker 8: And at some point, and also they have caves in the UK.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's probably not the same, but one of my friends from the US. She came to its on exchange and she said, the cave see here is way better than America. So just bear that in mind. All right, but try the original.
Speaker 7: I get like a drum roller.
Speaker 1: Something I can do that I can. I can get you a drum roll. It's got my radio show wall up on. Sorry, so sorry, that's that's a dell. That's a dell. All right, here we go, a microphone all the way up.
Speaker 2: Oh what do you think of the original recipe?
Speaker 1: Hey m, you don't have to like it. They're not paying us.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, herbs and spices, I'm just letting that sort of sink in.
Speaker 1: How many do you count?
Speaker 2: At least four or five? That's very good. Have you seen on the the KFC twitter account they only follow twelve people. It's the spice girls and a bunch of guys named Herb, So they only follow twelve herbs and spices or is it eleven?
Speaker 1: Remember that's really fine.
Speaker 2: Twelve or eleven? I can't remember. But popcorn chicken there as well. That's icon of Give that a try, Mitchell, you've hoogged it.
Speaker 1: Give it back, popcorn. You have to have more than you about four once you can't have one. Talk about having half a neurophine. What the fuck is the point?
Speaker 2: Exactly the same? Okay, this is quite cute.
Speaker 1: This is the best.
Speaker 2: I still maintain red roaths. The buttermilk pop the better.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, it's got a very different flavor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they can know if it three serves herbs and spizes into that. Because it's so much smaller.
Speaker 7: It just times like it tastes like Macca's nuggets. There's no difference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can you check the nugs to me, I've never had a KFC nugget?
Speaker 2: Nothing flash.
Speaker 1: Remember when KFC had that big lawsuit because they were pumping their chickens with hormones and everyone was very upset because someone ordered a family chicken and it had three breasts on.
Speaker 2: It, and they're like, this is a natural breath.
Speaker 1: I'm going to try that. I'm not British, so the music has to be cut. I'll try that.
Speaker 2: But what did you think of the popcorn chicken? Good?
Speaker 7: That's fine. Yeah, it's nothing. It's nothing special. Again, it's just it's just nuggets, but not the smaller.
Speaker 2: Maybe go the thing a bergen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, try, I'm just gonna try the I'm gonna try the nugget. I've taken the British music and put my heritage music on. That's music from Pigweek.
Speaker 2: By the way, I heard them using this Pig Week music in an advocate on Kiss the other day. I recognize that.
Speaker 1: Oh they're real chicken y well yeah, have you know macas nuggets have a plastic say vibe to them? Yeah, he's a good good Sorry, sorry, back to to the British music.
Speaker 2: You don't have to take anything off the zinger Berg. You're going to eat that as the Yeah, just say.
Speaker 1: One, I want one.
Speaker 4: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 7: I'm going for the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry I fucked the order up.
Speaker 1: You're fine.
Speaker 2: Do you think of a zinger Berger any good for them?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 7: He proves because I feel like you've kind of changed my life here.
Speaker 2: So do you feel that after twenty seven years of abstaining from KFC it was worth the build up?
Speaker 4: I mean not because I still haven't tried the fried chicken, because it's kind of like, what's kind of the whole point.
Speaker 2: Is I tried?
Speaker 1: I have a nugget.
Speaker 2: That's what I've got now, producer to do the order instead of doing it my film.
Speaker 8: Do we have a producer?
Speaker 2: Could have fooled me.
Speaker 1: Sam, you are no longer a bread You're a certified.
Speaker 2: Welcome to pig hood we ordained.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much, guys. I feel very, very proud of my achievement.
Speaker 1: Jenna's not there yet. I don't forget. Jenna is still a milk wench. She's not yet a peak. Her body can't break down the fats.
Speaker 8: I'm proud of it, though, proud milk.
Speaker 1: Poor Jen. I had a spatchcock and she's so full.
Speaker 7: I'm so sorry you had a.
Speaker 1: What patch cock?
Speaker 3: The mini chicken?
Speaker 1: Mini chicken?
Speaker 7: I had many questions.
Speaker 1: And her arms are tired from churning butter.
Speaker 7: Sure they are tired work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she does have a new feather to celebrator. And she had a fig for a week. That's all she had for a week was a fig.
Speaker 7: Was very I mean, one has to look after one's figure.
Speaker 1: Go fig figure. Oh, I did not nail that.
Speaker 2: Because KFC are self aware of how horrifically greasy their food is, they do give you here go complimentary little moist towel. Love a moist at that smell of the KFC handtawl things, but it's so distinct, like you feel gross after eating it, and like that handtoel is your attempt at redemption because you'll feel gross.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I tried to cover all my body with it once didn't work.
Speaker 2: I sometimes wipe my face with it because I'm like, oh, I should feel pimple breaking out after KFC.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure it's just pure alcohol, Like it's just an alcohol wipe. Yeah, full twelt.
Speaker 2: Better wipe it on my tongue.
Speaker 7: We're getting very distracted by the burgers.
Speaker 1: How's dies it? Can I try the fill it of the original chicken?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: As an original recipe? Officionado mitchigen Boucher. Does it taste the same the stuff that we've just ripped off the burger?
Speaker 1: It does? It's got the favorite. Yeah, it's there. Yum. This is great. Don't reach out to k r hr pr PR reach out to the colonel and say what hey, mate, can you can we get a sponsorship?
Speaker 2: Well here's an idea. How about you don't bark ordered it me and do it yourself.
Speaker 1: I got Sophie Monk and I've done enough this week. Let's get out of here. My fingers it slipped on my fingers. I can't, Sophie Monk on the show, who didn't?
Speaker 2: Are we going to save your segment either? Just Meves drops for next week?
Speaker 1: We could do it next week. I've got you know what. He's a task for all of you, since you have tasking me. Listen if you see and is it just me? Also to the listeners, if you're listening now and you hear one or see one, d m it to us because we will answer the world is it just me? As we're going global and is it just Me's? Drops? Could become a new benchmark of the show. If we like it, Let's do it next week. They'd be fun.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do it next week?
Speaker 1: All right, that's good, all right, well done, Sam.
Speaker 2: Do anything else planned.
Speaker 3: For next week?
Speaker 1: What's next week?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah?
Speaker 1: How can we forget? We're getting close to Christmas? I only like twelve more weeks I know, and it's going to be in Christmas?
Speaker 3: So sick?
Speaker 1: Can you believe?
Speaker 2: That's very exciting?
Speaker 1: Anyway? No, it's Metchell cursas birthday. Do you remember.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do with it just Meves drops on my birthday?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, true?
Speaker 3: Okay, I want it.
Speaker 2: That's why if you remember it.
Speaker 1: Because I remember that segment's never getting off the ground. Oh, how do you know?
Speaker 2: I think we should do We've talked about it.
Speaker 1: We will do it. We'll do it, but we have to do it after your twenty fifth birthday show. That is the thing. You have never celebrated a birthday here on the show.
Speaker 2: I haven't, not for lack of trying.
Speaker 1: You had the breakdown what'd you call it, the lunchtime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my last birthday was smack bang in the middle of the psychiatric resett It was we weren't recording the show.
Speaker 1: And then my birthday just so happened to be on Out and Averse one year over three as so I just got secondhand celebration.
Speaker 2: It was very eccentric.
Speaker 1: It was a real meal. I think I cried on that show. Yeah really, Yeah, it's a beautiful show.
Speaker 2: Jenn. Two birthdays, the greedy bitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah she has and a coffin for funeral week spoiler true. Well, we are looking after you next week. I've got it all covered as just Jenna has to Sam. Sam's editing things as we speak. I'm ordering things as we speak. And Jenna, I think you're gonna watch a movie tonight. Yes, so we are really prepared and ready for your twenty fifth birthday.
Speaker 2: And you know what, because of Sydney Lockdown, that's like the only celebrating I'm allowed to do because I'm quote unquote at work, I can't have an actual birthday party in lockdown. So that'll be That'll be it for me. That'll be my celebration.
Speaker 1: Celebrating next week. We've got it all covered. There's some special guests, some listeners will be involved. Don't don't give it away, that's on gonna say, all right, well we will see them. Guys. Leave us a five star review, win yourself a mug and thanks to Sophia, make for coming up. What don't I got a legitd love.
Speaker 2: And you can buy a pink munk don't forget linkin bio.
Speaker 1: Yes you can, right, guys, we' see you next week.
Speaker 2: Catch you there.
Speaker 1: Birthday episode.
Speaker 8: Is It Just Me?
Speaker 2: A podcast by a couple of miches.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app.
Speaker 2: Welcome to eighty D Brief. This is our secret segment. On the end, we pretend we're done and then we keep talking. This is like the after party as we put it. We don't want certain people loitering at the after party.
Speaker 1: Do we Nope, invite only.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is where we really just be our true gronky cells and we don't want everyone to see that version ofb outselves.
Speaker 1: But if you rock up, we're not going to tell you to rack up. You make up your own mind if you want to stay on it. Oh, the birds know that we have chips. Close the window, Jenna, it won't close. Ship.
Speaker 4: Guys have become very addicted to everything in front of me.
Speaker 1: Are having stops.
Speaker 2: Yeah whatever, the Zinger Burger or the original recipe burger, I think they singer. Yeah, original recipe burger is a bit plain.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's got a bit of a bit of bite.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you know what KFC did that? I loved what they opened. They did Coca cola basted hot wings, the devil wings or something.
Speaker 2: I remember that didn't They send some to the office.
Speaker 1: But they were colder. Yeah, they were weird. Yeah, because like Coach's really sweet, right, and if you reduce it becomes like a sticky barbecue sauce. And they would dunk these freshly fried wings and it was heaven. It was so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can I tell you what I'm not about?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All this KFC packaging in front of us, it's plasted with Christmas in July?
Speaker 1: Is that really a thing?
Speaker 2: Did we do? Miss Joe?
Speaker 1: Not a thing.
Speaker 7: I don't understand why people think it is?
Speaker 1: Hand on heart.
Speaker 2: I have never celebrated Christmas in July.
Speaker 1: Where did it come from?
Speaker 2: No fucking idea? Can one of our so called producers google it? Well, I'll look at it, googling anything, Sam.
Speaker 1: Now we all have greasy hands hot on. Hey, Alexa, where does the expression Christmas in July come from?
Speaker 2: Wouldn't you like to know? Fatty? Okay, I've got the answer. Why would someone put an elexro on mute?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: That's kind of you needed it?
Speaker 1: That's the purpose. I've got the answer right off, Alexi.
Speaker 8: Christmas in July started eighty four years ago, in nineteen thirty three at a girl's camp called Keystone Camp. It was first celebrated there. They complete with cotton, fake snow, a decked down tree, and Santa.
Speaker 2: Okay, so there's no real there's no explanation as to why it sort of caught on but not really. Why do brands bother with it?
Speaker 1: I reckon there'd be some more, but all those old holidays have horrifically more all but backstories like these girls were terminal with cancer and wouldn't make it to December, so they hired a camp cottage and celebrated in July.
Speaker 2: The only reason it's still a thing it's because brands are like, we've done Valentine's Day, We've done Mother's Say. Father's Say isn't pre aid. It's already some sort of sale or just shash out of the fags month in June, then christ is in July.
Speaker 1: I love it, you know, and I am gay pot twist?
Speaker 2: Can you try not to talk with you? People hate it, but our.
Speaker 1: Whole month is overkilled.
Speaker 7: It's a long time.
Speaker 2: Is a good thing. No, people tend to forget it's happening by the end of June.
Speaker 1: But at the same agree, but a solid weekend. Sometimes it's more impactful than thirty one days.
Speaker 2: Finish your food please. People write into us all the time that they hate us talking eating on the podcast at June's thirty days.
Speaker 1: And November. Shit, yeah, you're right now. I love pride. Sorry, it's all the fat in my bloodstream.
Speaker 2: We were we were a featured podcast on Apple during Pride Month. Ride Month recommendation through one of them, which is weird because we never once really branded ourselves as like a gay podcast. They must have just seen two guys on the cover and gone they're a bit flambo.
Speaker 1: The brothers with the show while they're fucking it can't be anything else. Also, we've chucked a Pride flag in a couple of hour episodes intros and bios.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've done Marti Guy episodes. That's a bit of a giveaway, isn't it.
Speaker 1: There's probably one gay internet Apple that loves us.
Speaker 2: Well, if you're listening, love you, We love your Steve.
Speaker 1: Probably Steve. It's always.
Speaker 2: We should do a Christmas in July episode just so they feature us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, heap some different occasions and see if they.
Speaker 2: Fall for every single one Father's Day listens. Is it just me the podcast Two Daddies? Oh my god, you know what I've been listening to a lot recently. Yeah, I don't know why. I'm just going through a die dough face. I know it isn't not the worst episode I just did the other day. I was like, I want to listen to Dieter Dina's great and indoors died.
Speaker 1: I hadn't play Dido all the time.
Speaker 2: I remember being very jealous of Hayden back in like twenty nineteen when he told me no because he was going to see her live, Right he met Dido? Yeah, he went and saw her during hurricanes, which was very underrated. The new album twenty nineteen only.
Speaker 1: Got there's a song on that that is my favorite Dido song, which one devil Hell. I'm going to hell devil.
Speaker 2: Thoughts because you've got a great boyfriend. No, what's the song called.
Speaker 1: Hell after this? Hello? Hell after this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite dat.
Speaker 2: I love hurricanes, but you can't beat old school.
Speaker 1: No, what's the what's the classic Dito song? White Wig?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Put on thank you? That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, hold on thank you.
Speaker 7: It's got a real sort of rainy day. He's kind of looked like got a hot hot cover cocoa. You're looking out your window?
Speaker 6: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Mug?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Have you seen the Pink Ones? No, it happened to cute ads. Yeah, they're they're for sale now, are they available? Where Lincoln Bio a couple of minutes of dot door. Oh excellent.
Speaker 4: Oh they are very cute.
Speaker 2: The Lincoln fucking By to our Instagram.
Speaker 1: You can buy them like we're an influencer.
Speaker 2: Just one, take an army, all four of us.
Speaker 1: But can you believe the radio station is FM doesn't have Thank you. I've got a YouTuber what what do you mean? I've got every other data, but thank you. The police are at her door car.
Speaker 2: You're looking the video.
Speaker 6: My tears gone card.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, the.
Speaker 9: Morning cloud my window.
Speaker 1: She's Swedish. She scanned a navy on or something, isn't she.
Speaker 2: I know, not so bad. It's not so bad, Flint I wrote you you know it's in that stand in the m song. I expect him to kick in at that point.
Speaker 1: I love this.
Speaker 2: She's from London, she did Isn't this in Love?
Speaker 4: Actually at some point where he sat like is that dude that's obsessed with Kireen Knightley and he's super sad about it, and there's this really satisfying moment when he's like walks out of the apartment, he's really.
Speaker 7: Upset, and then like walks in beat to the song. I've always wanted to have that moment.
Speaker 2: I've never seen that show, but I feel like this does that movie. I don't sorry, you've never seen love, actually never seen like have you gone through an entire Christmas?
Speaker 7: It's Christmas in July.
Speaker 2: You eat, You've ate your cave.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it either, but this song does definitely suit it to me. She doesn't love me like I thought she did. Were but I will go down with.
Speaker 2: The bad thing about is that she's too hyphens for me to sing along to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can well deep flag about I'm in love. So we have a vinyl player at home and Hayden plays this record on a loop and it always makes me dance with it when I'm cooking dinner.
Speaker 2: Give me an album The Life is Friend.
Speaker 1: Yes we played with someone's us. Yes, I would not surprise me, but Amanda a cry over? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What can you skip to the bridge of this song like the best part before? But here we go? Shall I'm shoot.
Speaker 3: Will be this.
Speaker 9: At home much.
Speaker 8: And you will.
Speaker 2: Move?
Speaker 1: Its beautiful now and surrender? What about I've already got hell after? This is my favorite. It's my favorite. It's like Godo found a beat maker. She found a garage band trumpers. I love a trumpet.
Speaker 2: This is the mess you song ever, yeah, of that album The Fall, just far enot.
Speaker 1: She does sound Swedish.
Speaker 10: Nothing girls to British because remember that other just Me that you don't have to argue with everything Jenna talking, No, I did, I did.
Speaker 8: I think she's British.
Speaker 1: I did say she sounds Swedish and.
Speaker 2: Then I said she's British because she shut up.
Speaker 1: Let me.
Speaker 2: She's British because she was on that other is It just Me? Podcast? Remember how we played the other gems the same name as us, and she was like, hello, so nice to be here. So I had no doubt she was British.
Speaker 1: Jenda, the one with Joe Elvin that was the number one agym. Then weed them off their purse.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 1: I wonder how would the don't get fucking died? They probably went to school with each other.
Speaker 2: Well, I would love diet im on the show. I'm surprised you haven't had it on any of You're out on your radio show.
Speaker 1: Now we don't play much dido.
Speaker 3: How am I going to get died of?
Speaker 1: I've got context for Rebecca Black just put but Dinah of all people.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but just message the other is it just me. If you get die though, that'll be like you're officially out of probation.
Speaker 1: I left probation today, I would say you did any.
Speaker 2: No, because this is a trial as the guest booker. You only come out of probation if you put more than one fucking gets. You have to be consistent this role. Fine, don't then you're bound on probation.
Speaker 7: No, I will.
Speaker 1: I can get Sophie, I can get dita.
Speaker 2: Random guess that's our mission. Now get fucking It's a.
Speaker 1: Good song, beautiful all right?
Speaker 2: Well, I can't even I struggle to listen to the song Hurricanes, even though I love it, because I was listening to that whole album during like the depth of my psychiatric recess, when I was in like the pits of not a lovely place, and so it just reminds me of that.
Speaker 9: I want to wake her, wear your way by my side, and I want to think that you look as you and I want to turn to you, turn around the.
Speaker 2: Song that's really intense at the end.
Speaker 1: Should I skip? It's a five minute see get the point?
Speaker 2: Go to here with me? Is it is it called here with Me? Yes?
Speaker 4: That's a good song. I'm just going to open up my finger licking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your little towel.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's the word for it. Is it refreshment to how they call it?
Speaker 1: It's a talent this iss hit pig pie.
Speaker 2: Did you know the Dido's.
Speaker 8: First real name is Florian?
Speaker 2: If you're gonna have a go at me to you, I did a whole segment about select that don't use their real name.
Speaker 1: That what was Pinks again, Astley Tisdale or something?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Elsa, I wonder how I'm still here? Oh? Yes, one from that wife insurance.
Speaker 9: I don't want to know.
Speaker 2: It might change by man. If you don't know it yet, you'll know it. Here we go.
Speaker 1: I can, yes, I.
Speaker 8: Can.
Speaker 2: Your rest love?
Speaker 1: Actually, I think I've seen that saying when he says I don't hate her, I think it's love. Actually, you're resting, all right. We'll try and get her off.
Speaker 2: The show will be the fact of you just showed up one week. I've got Dido.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and imagine telling that to her face. Hi, Dina, we don't want to talk about your album. Say hi for us, Hello guys, thanks.
Speaker 2: We just wanted you on here. Did more of a dad was a fan? No, it wouldn't be I'd still love to chat to it. It did be so funny because it's such a random guest. Where was the I can't tell you the last time I thought about Dido, And just this week for some reason, I've been playing herund repeat.
Speaker 1: Hayten would die so hate to tell me. At the moment he and his mum like bonded as kids, she would always play Dido and then he's like, oh, I actually loved Dino. Then they'd like dance together and it was beautiful, and that's like he and his mum their bonding moment was over didough. So it's a very special place in his heart.
Speaker 2: That's sweet. So when he met it with it like a meet and greet backstage.
Speaker 1: He paid for it apparently like there wasn't that many. So they actually got quite a good conversation. And I remember he got a poster signed with a package. You get a posted to obviously get the artist to sign. And he put it because if he wanted to get crimpled, you know, and like your luggage cases, how you open the top shell. It's a hard case and there's a zip down the middle and you can put things in the lining. Yeah, well he put the poster flat in the lining so it wouldn't get crimpled, zipped it up, and then came home and then we went to LA because I was in and out about eighteen months later, and we were packing. He's like, oh, is this the sign Dino true years ago? It was so funny. Completely forgot about it.
Speaker 2: I feel like if I saw Dino down the street, I wouldn't recognize that. Like, I don't actually know what she looks like.
Speaker 1: No, watching those film clips, she's very unassuming.
Speaker 7: It's just a random looking Swede.
Speaker 2: Don't say sweet and I'll go off again.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you tried KFC for the first time. So yeah, no, I've I feel very worldly now accomplished.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's culture, travel through culture, you know.
Speaker 1: And there's different menu items in different countries, like in China at Macas you can get rahmen like macas ramen.
Speaker 2: What's ramen again?
Speaker 1: Like noodles?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Right at Macas, Yeah, that's weird.
Speaker 1: Save me as ing a burger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a fresh one. You. Oh thanks, You just don't know because I don't want you to eat it?
Speaker 1: Right, all right, shoul we go. We probably should wrap. It's been a very long shot what did think it happen right now?
Speaker 2: Premature?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we'll be back next week for yeah, your birthday, Mitchell. So how it works is will record obviously during the week, but the episode will air because your birthday is on the Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll be doing our Sunday night Instagram live for my birthday as well in lockdown.
Speaker 1: I guess you're lucky that we get to come in recording.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like the only reason I leave the house also, and the other reason I leave the house is for medical appointments that I've just been banging on so many things, Like I've just been going to the GP and he's like, why are you back? And then the most exciting part of my week is when I got this raisor rash down my neck and I'm like, I've got a dermatoler disappointment. Now that's literally where I'm going after.
Speaker 1: Here, Sam punch him in the gut.
Speaker 2: I get to leave the house for medical appointments. Wait, funny, you're eating again. Stuff it.
Speaker 1: I'm so hungry and I had a sausage roll an hour ago. It's because I did exercise. You maybe did push ups, throwing all that.
Speaker 2: Away, So you're just yeah you' you worked it off now you've anted all right?
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for listening. Guys. Five starle with you if you want. I still haven't meeting when you sell for mug the new Pink one. And we'll see you next week for Mitchell's birthday bonanza.
Speaker 2: All right, birthday bonanza. Can't wait to see what you've got planned.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's huge. I have, like my phone, this whole recording off the hook, people calling, people have organized things, event planners, it's off the roof.
Speaker 2: Don't over hypeer, what if it's the shit true?
Speaker 1: And I love that the real niche recommendations. I've got a vet calling now, I've got to take it at to Mitchell's day.
Speaker 2: Get to check on my dog of a friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. That's all right. We'll see you next week. Guys.
Speaker 2: We hope this podcast made you feel at least two percent better today, that's all.
Speaker 1: That's right. Listen, and we're going to strive for like six percent for Mitch's birthday episode next week. That's the goal.
Speaker 2: Oh, don't aim too high, Darlan two point five.
Speaker 1: We'll see you next week.
Speaker 2: Bye bye? Is it just me a podcast by a couple of miches.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app.