Speaker 1: Laura, come on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Hi, barbi'es hi can that was weird. No one's ever.
Speaker 3: Called me Bobby.
Speaker 4: You're my Barbie. You're both male Barbies.
Speaker 2: Oh and you're that's a compliment.
Speaker 4: Here's a compliment, he said.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: Bobby is taking over the world right now, Laura.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 5: But what kind of Barbie would we be? Radioed mom, Barbie.
Speaker 1: Now, you'd be that bubby with the legs that are like parallel to each other. Brit would be perfect and immaculate. But your hair, It's been.
Speaker 2: A long time since my legs have been parallel to each other.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Now everyone's talking Barbie because it's officially this is Nutso Barbie has officially grossed over a billion dollars worldwide and the first film ever to be directed by a solo female to gross over a billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a call. It's left, right and center.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like your legs snapped in half.
Speaker 5: Speaking of sensations, we have the boys from The Inspired Unemployed joining us very very shortly because they've got a new TV show that's out in Chentle ten.
Speaker 4: God they're doing well, aren't they.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 1: We'll get the boys Jack and matt On with this next here at the pick up Tuesday Alvo starts now, all thanks to kemmisware House heading today Great Savings every Day Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Afternoon with Britt, Laura and Mitch.
Speaker 1: Try the new fragrance by the way, DC ten Sport one hundred meal by Dan Carter. It is new and it is exclusive to Chemists Warehouse for just forty nine to ninety nine. Now our next guest. We are so excited for these boys. You may be one of their three point eight million followers on social media. You may have seen some of their videos floating around Jack and Falcon. It's the inspired unemployed.
Speaker 5: How do you get away with calling yourselves unemployed when you literally have more jobs than most people and earn so much money.
Speaker 4: We are full on for all of.
Speaker 6: We started out as unemployed and we still are in a way.
Speaker 7: Yeah that's yeah, we should change change your name. But you just got to keep beating fake.
Speaker 5: I reckon, welln't really had the same ring to it, does it?
Speaker 4: No? Off the time? Quickly though?
Speaker 1: What's what is the origin story of YouTube boys? Did you go to high school together? Then I hear that you were trades together? What is the origin story of making content together.
Speaker 7: Yes, so we we only we were a year apart in high school, so Fox is a year under me. We went to Europe on a trip, just us two, and we're like, we were working our trade jobs and we honestly hated them so much that I called Falcon. I was like, oh, we need to go and we'll make a business. I don't know what it is. We won't come over unless we've got something going on. And then he's like, no, I can't do it. I'm starting my apprenticeship. We're like and then he called me back twenty minutes later after he spoke to his mum and he's like, effort, I'm coming. I was like, yes, and then we went over there. We didn't know this was going to be a thing. We just started making videos and then honestly, seven months later we came home but we only had like seven thousand followers, and then we were like, dude, what are we doing. We're putting in so much time an effort to get nowhere. But it was so fun. But then we're like, you know, we're working jobs at the same time. Going to work the next day after dressing up as Barbie dolls, so embarrassed and everyone's like, you know, no one believes in you when it's not a proven concept.
Speaker 8: So runs like these guys are right, should we be taken the rehabit? Like what's going on?
Speaker 6: And then lately just kind of took off.
Speaker 7: Three videos, three videos went just viral and then from there, honestly, we went from seven thousand to thirty thousand like two days, and then the many just started rolling in and jobs and that honestly, from that day three years ago whatever it was, to now, it's just been like kind of onwards and upwards, which is weird.
Speaker 9: But can you tell us about because you have gone from strength to strength. You've got beers, You've interviewed and done sketches with people like Margot, Robbie, Jason, Momoa, Shack is in the basketball.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 4: I saw those ads were everywhere.
Speaker 2: They were crazy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, can give us some goss on these celebrities, Like who do you think would be the worst person you've worked with?
Speaker 6: Probably Mitchy.
Speaker 4: Real bastards.
Speaker 7: Margo was the best, for sure, She's got she's just it's it's like you're Arnie down at the cafe, like just chatting everyone and she's so humble and nice the big of the people. I honestly feel like you've realized all the big people are so respectful and nice.
Speaker 9: Well, you've taken the next step, and you have a TV show coming out tomorrow night on ten Play or you can stream it on Paramount and Channel ten. It's The Inspired Unemployed Impractical Jokers.
Speaker 2: Give us a little rundown.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so that show's actually the show Impractical Jokers in the US. And yeah, they asked, luckily asked us to do the OS version, and pretty much what it is. It's a hidden camera prank show where one of us will be in like a real life situation. There's four of us for mates, but one of us will be like waiting a restaurant or a massage therapist, and they have an ear piece in and the other three are telling you what you have to do, so cringe. Yeah, so you pretty much it's just painful the whole time you're got an earpiece in, getting told to do the most embarrassing things that they can think of him. We all know each other so well, we're all housemates, so we know everyone's weeks and strength, so we play off their weakness.
Speaker 6: So yeah, it's pretty embarrassing show. It's horrible.
Speaker 5: Ever moments in like when you're recording content, you're doing it out in public, or you're creating this show where any one of you is just like, actually it's too much, Like I'm too embarrassed, I can't do it. Or do you just lean so heavily into it that you're like whatever.
Speaker 6: It's so hard.
Speaker 7: Honestly, I don't think we get any better out it. I think we get work.
Speaker 8: I know they didn't get any easier throughout the whole season. We or the last day, I was just as nervous and rattled as the first day.
Speaker 7: We put Falcon. His biggest fore you was public speaking and stand up comedy. So we booked him the headline of a stand up comedy show sold out three hundred or four hundred people, and we gave him, put him out on stage, and we said that we were going to give him material in his headset.
Speaker 8: And they had like a shot caller on me where like everybody just shocked me.
Speaker 7: Like so we went out there, Well he went out there, and we're there and we put a time on. We're like, all right, Falcon, so he's your first joke. But like ripeat after us. My first joke is and he said that, and then we go good luck, buddy, and we put a time on for one minute with no material, and he's there with his microphone.
Speaker 6: He's sanging it on his head. It was so bad, like you can't even explain.
Speaker 8: Like they were like, trust us, don't worry, like, just listen to what we say, just say everything we say.
Speaker 6: And I was like, all right, cool.
Speaker 8: At least they're my mates, They're gonna look after me. And I gave me nothing. But they also would set me up with these jokes, be like what's the go of pronouns?
Speaker 10: And I'd be like, oh my god, oh my god. And then they'd just be like good luck. And it was so bad that it wasn't even funny.
Speaker 6: It was like pulling.
Speaker 4: We love you.
Speaker 1: And you can get them on The Impractical Jokers tomorrow night, Channel ten and ten play, or you can stream the entire series on Paramount Plus. Talk to you soon, good luck for the premiere you guys boys, all right back after this here on the Pickup. Hey, it's the pick Up Tuesday. Britt, Laura and Mitch head into chemist Warehouse today. Great savings ever ever d.
Speaker 2: Neither of you guys are looking for a new job. Are you should?
Speaker 3: We mean, you know saying we don't.
Speaker 5: Oh, I feel like the pickups doing okay, but you know, you never know. Some people just want to keep their eye.
Speaker 4: On the job market. If people are hearing this right now, we're on air, we're okay.
Speaker 3: Are you trying to stress out our employees? What are you doing, paul Us?
Speaker 4: If you can hear this, we've been cut.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: Well, I came across a job ad on the weekend and things agrim out there.
Speaker 2: If you're currently looking for work, it's not a great great time.
Speaker 5: But I think I came across possibly the worst job ad in the history of Australia.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: It is a small IT business in Western Australia and they're looking for someone to be an MSP technician. I don't know what that is, but here are some of the job requirements. We are looking for an MSP technician who is now looking for a position in a company who is not woke and the company values diversity of thought as your first red flags. They don't want you if you're woke. The second red flag is this. This includes no requirements for pronouns. We know what a woman is and you will never be forced to get any medical treatment, which I don't really know what they mean by this. Part of me is like, is this an anti BAX thing? Like I know they obviously have an issue with pronouns, but is also that they anti vacks.
Speaker 2: They're not going to force them to being vaccinated.
Speaker 1: I just have to say on the whole pronoun thing, and I get I'm falling into the trap being the word person and has triggered me. But I hate it when people argue against pronouns. We all use pronouns. We've used pronouns since the English language was created. I identify as he him, I am, I am a he him Laura, you are she her. Regardless of whether or not you agree with pronouns, you use them, and you have to use them in order to create a succinct sentence. It's so frustrating to me. The only people that don't want to use pronouns are people that really wish they could get away with discriminating people who don't use standard stock stander pronouns.
Speaker 2: Well, it's because the only pronouns they have a problem with other they them ones. Everything else is fine, anything else.
Speaker 5: I think the thing that's really ironic about this, though, is that they're saying you can't be woke, but you must have diversity of thought, which basically just means, don't be angry that we're discriminating against people, be okay with it.
Speaker 9: Well, they've also said you one hundred percent can work from home, but then they've followed that up with but you're very encouraged to move to rural Western Australia. What which one is it? You're working from home? Are you in rural Australia, Are you woke or you're.
Speaker 4: We're all on the run from the police, so we will have to change offices everything to.
Speaker 9: Live in the desert. We can actually give you an address. We don't know where you'll be, but we encourage you to.
Speaker 5: Come a tiny little town two hundred and fifty kilometers out from Perth with only a thousand people who live there. Don't worry, they'll pay you sixty five thousand to ninety thousand.
Speaker 2: Not that at least.
Speaker 4: Do you know what?
Speaker 3: In their defense, they've put the red flags out there.
Speaker 9: You know what you're signing up for if you want to go and apply for this job and jump on a sinking ship.
Speaker 3: You They've let you know that.
Speaker 5: Okay, if you take the job, you know that you're working for people who are discriminating straight off the bat.
Speaker 9: Good.
Speaker 1: You know you can't be shocked when the Christmas parties at a flat Earth convention.
Speaker 5: Sure if a business is going to go out of their way to be this discriminatory, surely there must be some sort of responsibilities here or something they can get in troble.
Speaker 3: It's bigel I could be wrong, but I don't think it is illegal.
Speaker 9: I don't think they've actually said anything that's specific enough. I think it's all generalized speaking that it's probably fine. Is it morally illegal, Yeah, that is going to moral prison.
Speaker 3: But I don't think they're legally breaking any rule.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the wording that they're using nothing gets me more excited than values. Diversity of thought. I mean, what is to explain diversity of thought? It means I'm allowed to discriminate. I can have thoughts that go against what you think. It's discrimination.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what, even if it's not illegal, it's definitely been held up in the court of public opinion, because this is going absolutely viral online at the moment and the business name that is attached to this. Obviously it's a job out that's been put up, are being named and shamed, and we're not going to name and shame then because we're bigger than that. And also we don't want to cancel a tiny little business.
Speaker 3: You exactly to the person so disgusting that it exists.
Speaker 1: I completely agree. Listen, Beyonce, where do you reckon? She poohs on a throne?
Speaker 2: I really open, really well, we now know onto a chest of gold.
Speaker 1: Hold it because we know where she poos, especially on tour, and her pooh demands are going viral. Beyonce's toilet demands.
Speaker 2: Queen Bee caon have anything she wants.
Speaker 4: Queen by she's number twoe. She's number one from the ratings, but on the toilet number number two. Details on that next. I'm the pickup.
Speaker 1: Hates the Pickup Tuesday, Britt, Laura and Mitch, you know you should try the new fragrance. This could be good for your husband, Mattie, Jay Laura DC ten Sport one hundred by Dan Carter and he is sporty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's smells so good. It's new and it's exclusive to Chemist Warehouse, which is forty nine ninety nine.
Speaker 5: You only wear it if you're sporty, because I'm going even if you're not sporty, it makes you smell sporty.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, I want to talk to you about Queen Bee Beyonce enough of the sport. Yeah, Beyonce biggest sipstar in the world. I feel like she can do and say whatever she wants. Now she's going viral at the moment for her rider, and her rider is if you don't know what a rider is, it's what a celebrity says they must have at a venue or a destination to ensure they are comfortable and to tick the box that they'll perform. The main thing she says she cannot perform with she travels all over the world with it. She travels all over the world with it is her very own toilet seat, so.
Speaker 2: She doesn't want to want to seat that other people have said.
Speaker 9: Off her, but sees no other surface other than where husband and the toilet seat.
Speaker 3: Her toilet seat gets scurried around.
Speaker 9: To the venues in its own golf buggy so that people have seen it put it's putting a golf buggy and the curtains no the curtains are pulled.
Speaker 2: For privacy reasons.
Speaker 9: That's excessive, and the toilet seat scoots around. This got me thinking of what are some other ridiculous celebrity riders. What do they absolutely haven't Some of them are crazy. I want to tell you some Joe Jonas has said he needs a dozen puppies like real life.
Speaker 4: It's ludicrous.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's also very distracting.
Speaker 5: You're trying to get into the headspace for performing, and then you're like, oh, but also.
Speaker 4: Where did these puppies come from?
Speaker 3: And where do they go when you're done with them?
Speaker 9: I don't I mean, I'm on board because I love puppy, but I don't like the thought of where they've been pulled from and where they're going back from. It'd be okay if everywhere he went he got twelve puppies from the pound that needed homes and then put them on his Instagram and rehome them.
Speaker 3: That's what I think.
Speaker 5: That's not what he's doing. But also this is so ridiculous. Is this not just where the benchmark is when you say okay, celebrities are taking it too far? Like if you that's your job to organize the champagne and the green em and MS and then you're like twelve puppies.
Speaker 1: Come on? Yeah, Like, really, Joe, where do we draw the line? Could I ask for a house deposit?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: Could I be like I need I need a new Honda Civic.
Speaker 9: Look, there are some funny ones, and then there are some very questionable ones. But Selena Gomez, this is funny. When she broke up with Justin Bieber, she banned the name Justin, so no employees could have Justin. Now it's discrimination to not employer Justin. So that was okay, she could employ them, but then they had to pick a new name.
Speaker 2: Like on the set, no one could call Justice.
Speaker 5: Okay, So at the point where do you draw the line? Here's one that is very controversial. Kevin Hart allegedly would ask for five women aged between twenty one and twenty seven with an athlete a sexy build. Now there's no knowing exactly what their jobs were inside the green room, but surely that's illegal.
Speaker 1: If I've had a rider, you've had a right hosted the pre show for the Logies last year, I hosted the pre show for the Logies and I they asked me if I had a rider, and I was like, yeah, I'll have some fruit, Like, I just want fresh fruit.
Speaker 4: So they had fresh fruit for me. So they got me a fruit platter.
Speaker 2: What kind of fruit did you specifically ask for?
Speaker 3: I don't think that's I'm.
Speaker 4: Not at that level. I just said I just want some fresh fruit.
Speaker 3: It's like the wooly Is bowl that's free like cut.
Speaker 4: So I get there and I see all this fruit on the table. Go fantastic.
Speaker 1: So go and get changed in my suit, come back and freaking nat bathing wait from the rogue traders had eaten all my freaking fruit.
Speaker 2: Wait, basingway ate all your riders fruit.
Speaker 1: Shared my black Bearris because when I was talking to her, she had she had stained lips.
Speaker 3: Have you ever called her out on there?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Because she's in that bass from the rogue.
Speaker 5: Trade and she probably saw it and thought it was her rider. She was like, surely Michturi doesn't get one of these, this must be mine.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 9: So last year we when we did Laura and I, we did Our Life on Cut podcast live to it, and when it was being put on and helped, they messaged us and they said, hey, guys, what are you having your writer?
Speaker 3: We're like, man if they just gave us a room to get changed.
Speaker 2: Would be stoked. And that's all we said.
Speaker 3: If we could have a private room where no one saw us get naked, that would be amazing.
Speaker 2: And that's all we said. No, I asked for champagne.
Speaker 4: Did you get it?
Speaker 5: A little bit of champagne? A few bubbles before the show? Yeah, there was only.
Speaker 2: One bottle that we could up the anty. I'll ask for ice next time and a glass.
Speaker 4: Glasses and help. All right, we're done, We're gonna go.
Speaker 1: If you missed any of the show, you can podcast it on the iHeartRadio app. You may have missed earlier at the Savo we had Jack and Matt, the inspired unemployed boys on the show.
Speaker 5: They are actually employed. Now one would say they've got a TV show. Yeah, well they're inspired inspired employed boys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, employee.
Speaker 1: That's on the podcast. Search to pick up on iHeartRadio. And when cold and flu strikes, did demas and gets it done? Always follow the directions for use.
Speaker 9: Well, how twelve puppies are here, so we better go, have a good afternoon and see us tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Shout ou