Speaker 1: I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which this episode is being recorded, the Komboo Marry people. We pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Today I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, and this is the Rise and Conquer podcast. This is the podcast where which have mindset, self development and becoming your higher self mix soon with a lot of laughs, plus behind the scenes of my life running two businesses and being among Think of us as the perfect combo of brunch with your besties mixed with self development. No matter where you are in your journey, we're here to help you be curious, pull yourself out, and embrace radical self awareness. If you're ready to get into the driver's seat of your own life and stop letting life past you by, then you're in the right place. Hello everybody, and welcome back to the potty and guys. Happy Spring, Yay, Happy Spring. A tr I'm my favorite. It's just so oh my god like it getting lighter during my five am gym class is just everything to me because it doesn't feel like such a drag. Yeah, it doesn't feel so bleak. Guys. Spring is honestly all of ours favorite times of the year, and you know, yeah, the weather's just starting to be super warm, there's flowers, the sun's coming up early, and it's just super energizing. So we thought, of course we have to do a spring Reset episode. And this is actually a previous episode that we have repackaged up into our favorite tips for you. So we are sharing our eight tips to spurring clean your life. Now this isn't just like physically cleaning. We of course have an RNC twist and it's all about, you know, cleaning up your relationships, your schedule, everything. We are doing a spring clean of yes, our physical environment, but also our internal environment, and I think that's honestly more important. Absolutely, it makes more of a difference, I'd say. And Natia, there's literally only four months until we enter New Year. I don't know how we got here again. I literally I saw someone today at pilates and we were talking the fact that we saw each other this time last year, and it felt like I saw her the other day and I was like a year ago. So look, it's getting closer. This is honestly the perfect time because let's really clean up our energy, our environment and get ready need to like really live out our best lives and thrive for the rest of twenty twenty three. Get prepared. You know, we're all about that, and guys, because we're doing the most here, We've also created a little free mini ebook for you that is filled with you know, some checklists and our tips to help you reset, and it is linked in the show notes. It's honestly so handy, and we know it is like it's so much easier to implement things when you know you have something not physical, but it's like it's something telling you exactly what to do. So highly recommend you download it. It is just in the show notes. But before we get into the episode, of course, our weekly update, oh a tear, we had our manifesting with Momentum master Glass. It was amazing, guys, it was It was incredible. I I am really back into my not manifesting error because I've like I've always been there, but in regard to teaching it and feeling so lit up by teaching it to you guys. So it was so powerful. I loved how involved everyone got and so many people's comments were just like mind blown. Oh my god. Yeah, they loved it. It was mind blown. I loved it. Number one supporter over here. Yeah, so that was incredible. And then also when this episode goes live, I'll actually be in Hamilton Island. Oh my god, I'm so jealous. So I'm going for a very close girlfriend's wedding and it's going to be incredible because me and Tim have so many We actually had a baby moon at the exact like hotel we're going to, and it's gonna be such a like a full circle moment because we're now they're parents of Ivy, who's nearly two, and it's just me and Tim because it is an adult only So it'll be really nice to have that time together and reconnect and you know, just have a bit of fun. Oh my gosh, I can't wait to you about it when you're back. Yes, so I am very excited about that. Anything to add for your week? Are you still doing your morning workouts? I am. I'm doing morning pilates, but I've been doing my strength in the afternoon because I just can't can't. I haven't found it in myself yet to get to the gym and do strength training. Honestly, that's fair enough. Yeah, it's fair enough.
Speaker 2: We're working on it. That's my end goal. There's morning workouts all the way. I've just been journaling a lot. That's like my new thing to implement because I feel like I was really on and off or I do it like only when something goes wrong. But now I really want to make sure I'm doing it consistently because I just feel like I've had the opportunity to go back to a few of my journal entries from the beginning of the year and see how much has changed. And I want to be able to do that and not have to like sift through like weeks on end, like one journal entry here, three weeks later another one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, I love that for you, and you have been so concerns stand so I'm proud of you. Thank you. All right, guys, should we get into the episode? All right, guys, let's get into spring cleaning. I love a new month, me too, Eccession, me and Tea have already said we love spring. We love September starts to get warm, the sun's out all the time. Yeah, all you know, all the animals are making babies. I always love spring. It's like really sweet.
Speaker 2: I can confidently say I've never thought about that relation to spring.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I said. I have to pay the animal that is really cute. And we thought we'd do an episode of a whole bunch of ways that you can spring clean your life if you kind of want to jump on board, because I don't think you should just do this in spring. I think we should do this every single month. What do you think? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I think a lot of these can be done easily every single month, or at least every season, so every three months. Yeah, yeah, because it's so important that the more you stay on top of it, the easier it is to do.
Speaker 1: Every time you do it, the less time it takes, yes, rather than leaving it a whole year. Yeah. And I also, like me being me, let's talk about the deeper side of this is just realizing that a new season, you can always reinvent yourself. Yes, you can always pick a new story. You can always choose to go you know what, I'm going to change something in my life or I'm going to take this step. And I think sometimes we do get in this loop of our habits or things we do that keep us in this I don't want to call it a negative loop, but it's like in the same loop. And it's just the typical you know saying of if you want something different, you have to do something different. Yes, so if you're wanting more, if you want something different, I think we need to, you know, realize that these little changes can make such a big difference. Yes, absolutely, all right, well let's get straight into it. So me and a Tier are going to tag team these. I'm going to go first. And this is obviously a very obvious one, but think about spring cleaning your space. So obviously this can be your home, your desk, your wardrobe. Physically getting rid of things or cleaning things and changing things up so they are more like you know, productive to you or high vibe for you is so important. And also just like doing a clean getting rid of dirt and dust and I if I'm in a low mood and I clean my bedroom or like fix up my closet or something like that, it completely changes things for biguest difference. Isn't that weird?
Speaker 2: Even Like I get really happy after I vacuumed and I can like see the marks on the carpet, So weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like carpet lines. Yeah, after you've vacuumed and you know it's clean, like there's no dirte there. I actually so on the weekend, Tim and Ivy went to his cousin's house for a birthday and I was at home alone to unpack more boxes and I vacuumed the whole house for the first time. Fuck it's a lot, she's gonna say. I was like, I need to get one of those little robots. It just always goes. I know, yes, but yeah, it just felt so good and I just felt lighter and so productive of it. So, guys, clean your space, So maybe plan this weekend to go through your closet. I love cleaning out my closet. Do you do you do it often?
Speaker 2: I do it once every few months, and I'll color coate it and see how long.
Speaker 1: It stays color coded. Yeah, like I put it in order. Oh that's yeah, you're too much from.
Speaker 2: Like white to black and just all the colors in between. It's not like that right now.
Speaker 1: It was like, I, yeah, like I enjoy that a bit crazy, but also I feel like a lot of people that would be the vibe. Yeah. I actually before the move did a big clean out of my closet and got rid of it so much. I gave a whole heap to the work girls, and then I put a whole heap on Deep Pop too, And because also I'm I love like recycling clothes me too. Don't you think it's I don't know, it's such a joy thinking I can wear something and feel really good and go to an event and feel like yeah good, and then someone else can wear it exactly. I don't know it's that weird. No, I love it.
Speaker 2: I even like, I don't buy clothes secondhand as much as i'd like to, but even just bags and stuff secondhand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so nice. Yeah, that's probably it for cleaning your space. My one is clean up your relationships. Oh yeah, okay, look at the friendship you just see me like getting rid of to you has it all?
Speaker 2: Goodbye, bye, bitch, don't need you these three months. Look at the friendships and the relationships you currently have in your life, and are they energizing you or are they draining you? And I think that's sort of something that means a lot to me, whether my friends energize me or drain me. And obviously there's not going to be a person that energizes you every single time, but just the majority of the time, and also the amount of energy it takes from you to maintain that relationship and if it's worth that exchange or not.
Speaker 1: So what do you do if you're like, Wow, this person is not energizing me. Slow fade. You're so brutal. I love it. I do a slow fade because you never know tell us more so.
Speaker 2: I never, like, I hate telling someone that I don't want to be friends with them anymore, because I think it's a bit harsh.
Speaker 1: Unless tuning you have ever done that. I've had it done to me. Oh my god, what did they say? Like, what were the words? Oh?
Speaker 2: This was ages ago now, but they like just completely ghosted me. And then when I went to confront them about it, they were just like, I don't think you deserve an explanation. I don't want to be your friend anymore.
Speaker 1: What did you do? I don't know. I never found out you obviously did something. Why would someone respond that way? I don't know, or you've maybe like really triggered something. Yeah, I could have triggered something.
Speaker 2: I don't but like, obviously it just wasn't right for them, and they didn't feel like explaining it.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's really funny, but also like so brutal it was.
Speaker 2: But I am very big on like not ever shutting a relationship completely because you don't know. Everyone has ebbs and flows, and maybe one day they'll change or grow, or you'll change and grow in a different way and you'll meet once again and you'll get a long So I would never tell someone I don't want to be friends with them. I'd probably just like not text them as much, or if their message pops up, it's not a priority to reply to you kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kind of make them realize they're not a priority. Yeah, a bit subtly, Yeah, subtly subtly.
Speaker 2: Or like if they wanted to hang out, I'm not gonna make the effort to rearrange things, but if I have time in my schedule, I'd be like, I'm free on this day kind of thing.
Speaker 1: For example, though, if they kind of get the vibe and they say to you, hey, I can see you being a bit distant, what's wrong? Would you actually go I'd just be like, I'm busy, So you wouldn't be honest with them.
Speaker 2: Well, it depends how strong I'm feeling it. Like if it's just like, oh, I'm just not really vibing at the moment, I just need some space, i'd say that. But if it's like there's something wrong with them or something they're doing that's triggered me to feel that way, then i'd just say it. Yeah, yeah, okay, No, that's probably how i'd do it.
Speaker 1: Love. Next one, guys, clean up your finances. So I'm really big on being like super intimate with your finances, are you yes? And no? Tell me more. I don't like to fixate it on it on it too much because sometimes I feel like if I get too fixated on dollars obsessive, I get obsessive and then I'm so concerned about every single dollar, it feels like there's not as much there and you get into like a lack mentality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whereas if I'm not as like, I like to know when my money's going as a whole, but I'm not gonna worry. Like, if you ask me how much my gym membership is, I'll say I'm about twenty five dollars, Like I'm not gonna know it's specific twenty two dollars and thirty nine cents for example, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. I'm very similar. Actually, yeah, but I'd still say that's like as long as you're intimate in regards to you know, what you're spending your money on. Oh absolutely, And I think a big thing with finances is go through your subscriptions, go through your subscriptions and being like, hey, do I need these five streaming services? I'm so bad.
Speaker 2: It was actually on the list plane like Evan, I'm subscribing.
Speaker 1: We'll still get into that. Yeah, for example, subscriptions, like are you watching all the streaming services? Can you get rid of one focus on the other? I can't remember who it was. Someone on Instagram was like what she does with streaming services is she just has like one a month and she will so clever really kind of just be like I can only watch TV from this specific one and she loves it because she like watches different stuff. Yeah, I'm not like that. I'm like, if I want to watch something, I need to watch it like this second. Yeah, which is so fair. It feels very like you have every right. It's like sacred to me. But yeah, so go through subscriptions and just have a look, you know, maybe you're spending a little bit too much money on Uber reats or things where Uber eats is a big thing for me right now, and I'm like, I just want to cook more at home, bit like enjoy it like we do a Hallow Fresh, which is amazing because it makes us like, you know, dinner at home, but we're just so bad on the weekends. Weekends is like a free for all for us, and we do not step forward into the kitchen unless it's like opening up uberts. And I like said to Tim, I was like, oh, I just I want to get better at that. And you know, I had to look at her finances and be like yeah, and it's not so much about the money, but I'm like, I think that shows that, like that is then a reflection of me as a person, your priorities. Yeah, And I'm like, I want to focus on our health. I want to focus on enjoying our house and like enjoying cooking. Because a big this is going off on a tangent, but a big thing is I need to bring back in like hobbies into my life, and cooking used to be one of my favorite hobbies. Oh that's nice. Yeah, I'm like I'm of baking and cooking, but I just like, I haven't done it in years. I used to have a cookbook, for example, Oh like an ebook. Oh that's like cool, Well I still have it, but like, you know, to the point where I was like such a big because I loved cooking so much, and I just don't do it anymore. And I'm like, I'm trying to bring that back anyway. Go through your finances and not just on a you know, perspective of a nonrmal amount, but also energetically, does this feel good to me that I'm spending my money on this, on that, and see, you know, see if you want to change anything up.
Speaker 2: My tip for that as well is if people, if you're not someone that necessarily tracks on a spreadsheet where you spend your money, a lot of the bank apps now will just show you. Yes, so I think almost all of them because I switched to up Bank because it did that, but.
Speaker 1: Now all my banks do that. Yeah, So you just have to find where in the app that they show your insights. Yeah, it does like a budget thing for you. Hey, And then I'll just say like food blah blah blah blah, clothes online, Yeah, yeah, quite good. Love.
Speaker 2: Next tip is to clean up your schedule. I actually really love this one. One thing I would say is try and set targets on how much free time you want in a week and make sure that that's something you stick to, because my Mum's always said to me, like, you need to schedule in your free time and make sure you hold yourself to it. If you want to have self care Sunday every Sunday from four pm to six pm, don't do a Sunday dinner and hold to that.
Speaker 1: Don't do a Sunday sesshon, Yeah, don't do a Sunday set don't go to a wedding on a Sunday. Set your limits.
Speaker 2: Is there anything that you know you've committed to already in advance for this month that's going to start getting too much? Can you pull back on that or push dates and shift things to make it work for you. And also another thing I've seen a few people do is just set like a limit of how many times they let themselves go out a week and help with like your time and your finances kind of thing, so they allow themselves to catch ups per.
Speaker 1: Week with friends.
Speaker 2: One needs to be one can be a meal, but another one needs to be an activity kind of thing, or one needs to.
Speaker 1: Be outside a walk or outside. Yeah, so cleaning up your schedule that way. I love that. And also something that I'm trying to do when you said about the free time is because every single month, I plan my calendar a month ahead in regards to things like my partnership. So me and my partnership's manager sit down and we put in, you know, when I'm doing posts for other companies, when I want to, you know, put some content in for Naked Harvest or R and C. And I will like plan that, and then I'll also put in, you know, doing stuff on the weekend or something I did on the weekend is I went ahead and like booked my massages for like the next like three months because I wanted to get a massage, and my massage lady's always a bit built down. I've got to be a bit far advance. But you know, I try and get a message at least once a month, So I booked that in ahead of time, and like books that timing because I'm like, I need to prioritize that because as we all know, my love language is touched and me and my messuse have a great real life, but yeah, booking and free time. And also I love like I use Google Calendar and I will pop in everything from work till you know, weekend events and everything, and I color code everything, so I then look at the month as a whole, because you can look at like day week, month here, Yeah, and it shows me all the colors and I can kind of see, oh, wow, it's really work heavy or it's really you know, this heavy, and I can rearrange and I'll often then call my partnerships manager and be like, hey, can we shuffle things around? Can we move this to the next month. And I can get a gist from that. And I feel like I've been really good with yeah boundaries and prioritizing, you know, the important stuff, rather than just leaving it to that week and being like, oh fuck, I have so much on this week. I should have overcommitted. Yeah, I love that. I love a color coreating tip that's so clever. We're just taking a quick break in today's podcast to let you know about our brand new course Find your Voice, our complete step by step guide on how to start and scale your very own podcasts. If you're one of our biz career or marketing goals, or you're just someone looking to scale your personal brand and you're thinking of starting a podcast, then you will love this course. We give you our personal tips and tricks from our five years of experience in the podcasting industry, and we do not hold back. We take you through all the tech and equipment, but also go through how you can monetize your podcast, plan for episodes, and everything in between. Check out the link in the show notes for more information. Now let's get back into the episode. Okay, guys, So the next one is clean up your tech. So physically wipe down your tech. Yeah, I like, when was the last time I wiped my I'm kind of looking at my screen on my laptop and I'm like, wow, this is disgusting. So physically like wipe down your phone, your laptop, TV tears got to write down, wipe down a horror podcast quick. Yeah it's not gonna bit dusty, isn't it grows? But then also go internally clean up your tech, so delete old apps again, any like subscription apps, and just go through it. And you know you could go that step further and prioritize your apps in your phone so they're like more convenient. I know, there's like a whole way of doing it I've seen on Pinterest. I personally don't do that. I haven't email. My mom has done it. Oh she's done the whole Have you seen that the meme where it's like I am like she writes in the little pocket like I am productive, and then it's all her apps about like the calendar and stuff though I am social, and it's all her social media like little affimating. It's really sweet. So clean up, you know your tech physically and then internally. And I think if you're someone like me that just takes heaps of screenshots on your computer to send into people of items, get rid of those and then it sits on your desktop. Oh yeah, Like I do that all the time. So I literally just shadow the whole screen and just delete it. Oh I just don't even go through it. I just assume I don't know what I do. I just make a political desktop too clean and then just never go on. Well I know like I would do that. I'll just delete it, like who guess. I always think if I need something somewhere else, or I'll get a tea to make it a camp.
Speaker 2: I love that number six. We didn't touch on it earlier, but clean up your wardrobe. One thing I do at the end of winter is like any puffy jackets I have that takes up a lot of space, I.
Speaker 1: Fold them up and put them at the top of my cupboard because I don't need them hanging there anymore. So I try to clean up my hanging space in that sense of get rid of the things I'm probably not going to be reaching for as often. Yeah, just on that a tier. So going back to the clothes thing, somethink I do when I'm you know, throwing all recycling clothes, I think, have I worn this in the last three months? And it's like, if I haven't, does it need to go into my winter cupboard because I have a whole bunch of boxes that it's like my winter wardrobe. Yeah, so let's like, do I need to put it into, you know, the summer a winter wardrobe or am I kind of holding onto something that isn't serving me or like I don't really like but I'm just keeping because I bought it or it doesn't fit. Yes, oh my god, a lot of clothes and don't this is the bane of my excess right now, being postpartum is I'm so in between sizes in my closet. I have size eight to size twelve from honestly pregnancy and everything. And I would say at the moment, I.
Speaker 2: Feel like after COVID most people might have a pretty large size radio.
Speaker 1: Because I know I do. It just varies very much. And then also you know how you have different sizes and link you know, different sorts of labels and stuff. So the other day I will before my move, I did that where I was like, if it doesn't fit right now, I'm like getting rid of it, and there's no way I'm keeping it to be like, oh I might fit this in two months time when I'm you know, back to my old body postpartum, and I'm like, fuck that. Look, if it hasn't happened in nine months, we need to do a whole episode on postpart and body because it's just so wild to me that my in my head, I was like, oh, by nine months time, I should be back to my like pre babing body. It's just not the case. And I also just don't think my body will ever be the same. Yeah, and like coming well a human, I know, I know, but I think it's like the weird mentally, That's what I thought, and I'm like coming to terms with it, and I just kind of wish more people just spoke about it. Put that on the list and yeah, so guys like donating obviously, and your clothes you don't wear, or recycling selling them a marketplace, yeah or deep hop. Guys, I actually have a dpop and it's linked in my bio if yeah, little if you want to buy them a yeah, okay, next one have an subscribing session. So we're already touched on financially going through you know, your paid subscriptions, but big thing is going through your email subscriptions. It's such a time Waysotia, I actually did this thing. So with my Google calendar, I used to have it in the setting where it would organize not the Google calendar, sorry, my Gmail. Yeah, so it would organize basically the emails it thinks I want to see, So in my inbox I would only have like non spam emails at the top. Yeah. But then what I didn't realize is like all my subscribing stuff was just going to like this other random folder that also included like other emails that were actually important, but like Gmail, Yeah, Gmail, just thought they were. So I had now changed the setting where I get all emails, and I'm like, fuck, I'm subscribed to so many so much like so many websites that I'm like, how did they even get my email? I still have an email from when I was fourteen, and the amatic yeah, I get to there is just like insane. I actually moved gmails just because it was too much and I couldn't even deal with it, so I just created a whole new Gmail. I do that too. For my pros is that you have to sometimes go back into it.
Speaker 2: Because there's important stuff that So I have six emails, yeah, and they just progressively have less spam.
Speaker 1: I know. We need to get our life together, so and I think this is the big thing though, Like you said, if we just do a little bit now, it won't get to the point where you have to create a whole new email. I wanted to lead everything on our desk.
Speaker 2: Lundy last tip is to create a new mood board or redo your vision board for the next few months. How do you actually want to end the year, how do you want to go into next year feeling? I feel like I really like September as well, because you're like three months from New Year, so you're starting to already get that like little bit of excitement.
Speaker 1: Yes, I actually did this the other day, Did you redid my goals? And the title was the end of twenty twenty two? And yeah, went through personal health business and did them all. It's just such a vibe. I love writing them. I love writing goals and just like and something I did is I wrote, like my goals and then under it the feeling. Oh, so the feeling I'm trying to attract because maybe it's not those specific goals that I will achieve, but like, as long as I'm achieving the feeling, it doesn't matter. Yeah, yeah, yes, I think Also what's good about that is like sitting down, having like a Sunday to yourself or some time on the weekend, sitting down and being like, yeah, what do I want to achieve by the end of the year or what's the intention? Because I think a big thing is realizing that the end of the year is so chaotic with Christmas and New Years and holidays, and it's about to get pretty hectic, so maybe use this time to get super clear on how you want to feel. And you know, a big thing of like make sure you're clear what you're prioritizing so the year doesn't just kind of like disappear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred And I think the other thing I normally start doing in September as well is book your appointments.
Speaker 1: In yes, like your hair appointments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, book your hair appointments, book yourn ail appointments, book all the book, all things, so that that's there because the end of the year, like you said, just spirals out of control. And if you don't have it booked, either they're not gonna have the time available or you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna move it around too much.
Speaker 2: And but it just needs to be like set, and that needs to be like your you time and your priority in Yeah, that's actually such a great.
Speaker 1: Tip of like booking your beauty appointments. My my hairdresser literally messaged me the other day was like, oh, if you want a book in before Christmas, like let me know, because with like at the time, I was like, fuck, that overwhelms me though, because I when I book stuff in advance, I feel very like what, you know, what what if I can't make it at the time.
Speaker 2: I used to be like that too, but now I'm like I can schedule around it because it's already there.
Speaker 1: That's such a yeah guy. That note. I just want to say thank you for dealing with Foggy Georgia. But she wanted to get this episode out and it feels super contradicting that we're talking about spring cleaning and I'm like a little bit hungover. But also, you know, I want to be real with you and I you know, you've got to show up. Speaks to guys. Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I hope you enjoy these spring cleaning tips and implement them. If you do implement them, please tig us. We would love to know. Yeah, we would love to know what you guys are doing to spring clean. Also, come and join the Facebook group because I'm sure we'll have some chats about what we're spring cleaning in there too. I love that. Thanks so much, guys us, Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conker Podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing. And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.